User Reviews for Movantik

Learn more about Movantik.

Constipation, Drug Induced 86 reviews 3 medications

Constipation, Chronic 2 reviews 30 medications

Summary of Movantik reviews 88 reviews 3.0

Reviews for Movantik

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Been on opioids for a few years. Taking Miralax for constipation. Dr asked this month how my constipation was going. When I mentioned going twice a week she seemed to think that wasn't good so have me samples of movantik 25mg. Took first time before dinner and it worked great! Thought I would just take when feeling constipation. A few days later took a morning dose. I used the bathroom fine but afterwards Oh the Pain! The worst stabbing lower intestine pain I've ever felt. It came in waves for hours. Bent over thinking of going to the ER. I've been impacted before and had to go to the ER. So embrassing but would choose that over mavantix every time!"

Bubble guts (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "It's a complete contradiction, on one hand it'll make you go for sure, till it's running down your legs in the middle of the night. On the other hand it only works as a fast acting medication. So you get to go thru the cramping, sweating, irritation, withdrawals and panic every time you want to go. I took my second pill a few weeks ago and posted the effects here. I haven't taken anymore but am still having all of these side effects every time I have to go.???? I thought I would be over all this by now. I'm miserable along with sleeping legs....."

Jenn Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have full body RSD. (CRPS). I started taking opiates for the first time, 10mg of Methadone 2x's a day since Oct of 2015. Linzess high dose never really worked. I tried Movantik and it worked the first day. After that, horrific abdominal pain and cramping. Almost couldn't drive when it hit me when I went to Vote here in Florida. This drug is garbage. Expensive garbage. Try it, but be careful. Don't get your hopes up."

RSD since 2004 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Within one hour of my first ever does (25 mg), I was in agony. Sure, I pooped but then, I kept on and for hours (total four). In that entire time, I had the most severe intestinal pain I've EVER had! Bent over, screaming, clutching a pillow hard against my gut, I was repeatedly having watery brown smelly feces fill the adult diaper and run down my legs!! Am now in hour four, it's less than it was. Comes in waves. Is there no antidote? No way to make it STOP???? The pain is making me short of breath. My neck and lower back muscles are like tightened ropes. WHEN WILL THIS END???"

Terry Licia (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have taken Movantik less than a week and it has not worked for me. I have severe abdominal cramps, nausea, bloating, flatulence, and really bad constipation. I was hoping Movantik would work as well as Amitizia did. Do not like this medication and will discontinue it!"

Mits Mine (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "OMG!!!! This is horrible!!! The cramps n bloating are the worst I've ever had!!! I suffer from multiple pain issues, fibromyalgia, severe neck and back pain with shooting pins and needles with burning down my legs. Due to a failed back surgery. I'll take that pain over the pain I have from Movantik. I have been back and fourth from the bathroom and sat on the pot till both of my legs are numb. Nothing's moving but I'm having such bad cramps I can't move."

Jenn Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "My experience is the product works extremely quickly. If you have been taking opioids for an extended period of time and take this product, you will have multiple bowel movements approx an hour after the first dose. I also suspect this fast acting medicine wains after a few hours. More information should be given, specifically if cutting the 25mg tablet in half is an acceptable procedure for "reducing" the dosage to 12.5mg. Finally, I noticed my urine developed an offensive odor after starting Movantik, not sure if anyone else experienced this..."

Cal30m1 November 1, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Started taking Movantik 25 my. Was very skeptical about it after reading reviews. I have been on opiate for 10 yrs. for chronic back pain. I spoke with Dr. and he said I could use zofran and bentyl if needed. Took first dose waiting for the worse. I had bm within 2 hrs. of taking medicine. Normal side effects first day. 3Rd day was rough nausea, cramps and fatigue. Continued side effects lasted about 2 wks. Not unbearable. Started having 2 bm's a week. So much better then every 14+ days. And then only with major colonoscopy cleansing. I experienced irritability mood swings. Dr. had me stop and switch to Amitiza. That was awful didn't help made symptoms of OIC return with vengeance went back to Monvantik."

Anonymous October 21, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Been taking Movantik 25mg for a year due to opioids. After taking it, within 10 minutes the gas starts. I have an abdominal hernia and get a painful fist size knot that I have to push on to get it moving. This drug is definitely not a sure thing. I still have to take flax oil capsules or stool softeners and sometimes even that doesn't help. I do not go without having a movement for more than two days and then I start with the suppositories and magnesium citrate. Before I got Rx for this drug I had constipation so bad I went to ER twice and that was the WORST enema experience. I thought I was going to die from my pain and the sweating and chills and trying to push. Eating apples daily helps when I can afford them!"

sad2say (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Talk about induced anxiety!!! I have NEVER felt so absolutely horrific as I did when using this medication. My doctor prescribed it one week after shoulder surgery when I was having severe stomach problems and constipation. I had already stopped taking percocet when I started taking it. And when I still wasn't pooping.....you guessed it, Doctor prescribed ADDITIONAL dosage! I was crying, in a state of panic, unable to sleep---I NEVER EVER want to feel this way again. After reading up on it, you are not supposed to take Movantik if you are NOT TAKING OPIODS!!!! Thank you for the medically induced anxiety horror show."

enwoo October 3, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Awful stomach pain that lasted hours. Very small amount of diarrhea. Not worth the pain. I threw the medication away it was that bad. I didn't want to be tempted to take it again.Its really that bad. I wouldn't even bother halving the 25mg tablet. Also the fact that it seems to suck the options out of your body I'm in more pain that before unfortunately I had taken my morphine before this drug. Stay away from it terrible medication."

Marcinko10 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Do not take this medication!!! 30 Min after i took it. I had the worst stomach cramps and pains I have ever encountered. Finally after I got everything out I started feeling withdrawal symptoms. I tried to take my Methadone dose so the withdrawal would go away but it didn't help. Im sitting here right now wondering how long this shit stays in my system and thinking about how bad I want to curse my Dr. out. I just wanted to crap not go into full withdrawal. WTF"

Frodo Baggins (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been on a small amount of Methadone 5mg twice daily. I can only go to the bathroom like 1 -2 times a week and then it's little hard balls. I took Movantik 25mg 1 time and went within 1 hour that would have been ok, but then a few minutes later my stomach hurt I mean realty hurt I was in tears then I went again, well I have gone so much it is pure water now and I will not take this again, I would be scared to try the 12.5mg. No withdrawal symptoms but the runs well the last time I had this that bad my kidneys were shutting down, so I fear for this, cannot eat or drink anything it runs right through me...be careful, I would try the lower amount first and see how that goes."

DianaL. (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I took this drug for about a week and it did relieve my constipation due to suboxone treatment. After about a week I was going into withdrawals, had to leave work early and was a complete fucking mess by the time I got home. I'm going back to Miralax because it worked, kiND of. Had such hope for this medicine but once it built up in my system I was having full on with drawl. No thank you. Overpriced anyway."

Mikey "can't shit" T (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "This did nothing to relieve my opioid induced constipation, but I kept taking it for 2 weeks. It made me sick. I had all the awful symptoms of opiate withdrawal and had to take extra medication for pain. It's been 2 weeks since I stopped taking Movantik and I still feel terrible."

Bronwyn818 September 15, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I just took my first dose and within an hour I went. But I've been sweating like anything,, I have terrible gas and bloating. Mentally i feel a little anxious but ok. I'm wondering how long this stuff blocks the receptors? Anyone?"

Rodger Ramjet (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Only been taking this drug for one week. My Pain Doc gave me some samples of Movantik 25mg. Took it around 7am. By the 3rd day it started doing what I had read. However by the 6th day I had mild withdrawl. I still could function. I took my dose of ms contin 45mg and after about an hour I was feeling better. Today I asked my pharamacist about cutting it in half and she didn't see a problem. So I will let you know how that works out. I am supprised that many have related like total withdrawal symtpoms. For me OIC with IBS disables me about 3 days a week. I am so sick that anything is better. So at this point I am taking 45 mg Morpine ER 3 times a day. 1 10 mg Norco daily. I think with adjusting it that it will be helpful for me in the long run"

damien777 September 7, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Omg, this was by far the wrost medication ever. Sick is an understatement, throwing up, out of both ends, cold sweats, like going though withdrawal. Be careful if you try this. Your going to be sick"

david g nj September 7, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I am on day 5 of Movantix. NO help with BM at all! Light headed is the only side effect. I feel this med is working against me causing even more constipation. Even much less gas passing! I take Norco daily for pain for 4 yrs now, and the constipation/impactedness is worsening! Been to hospital twice recently for relief. Stomach bloating is worse too on this med. I'm calling it quits as today's dose gave me bad headaches with the dizziness. No relief or success with the Movantix. I actually feel worse! Insur did not cover either. I will keep looking for methods of relief. MiraLAX works on and off. I have found a daily probiotic helps but not continously however I couldn't imagine not having it...best of luck to all"

Janeajeeps (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been on 100 mg's of methadone for almost 4 months and my constipation has been miserable! It got to the point were I was so bloated that my pants were not fitting and I had to buy new ones because of all the stool in my stomach. Well I got desperate and asked my doctor for help, and after being prescribed lesser stimulant laxatives and Colace to no avail, I landed Movantik. I took it after I ate dinner (2 hours after, as instructed) and I ended up going to bed only with a slight cramp in my stomach. I am positive it was not due to the med, it felt as if my intestines were waking up and beginning to work again. When I woke, I had the best, most normal BM ever. I am so happy for this med 12/10. I will update if anything changes. 9/3/16"

D-MO (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I took 25mgs of Movantik at 11am and 7 hours later,still nothing, The pharmacists said it should work within an hour, then he said within a few days.(real bright isnt he?) From what Ive read on here it starts working right away for most people. NOT ME!! This medicine is junk!! Good thing it was only samples my dr gave me,"

southbaygirl2 August 28, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "This medication literally saved my husband's life. He has been on OxyContin for 16 years. He's tried everything! He truly thought he'd have a heart attack from pushing. Dr gave him samples of Movantik, 30 min later, a BM. No problem. Been the same story for over a month. I saw so many negative reviews, and I'm so sorry this did t work for you... I hope you find the one thing that does!"

Jesusfish August 27, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "my advice on movantik is understand that movantik is an opioid blocker in the same manner that naloxone (found in suboxone) is an opioid blocker. My husband took 12.5mg and was thrown in withdrawal. Nausea first, chills, fever, shaking so hard the bed was vibrating. I thought movantik worked on the backed up s**t but it stops the opioid from working. Of course you will have diarrhea when your pain meds are cut off. It may not happen to everyone but it happened to my husband. I guess it's back to OIC"

No more movantik (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have taken opiates for many years primarily for back pain. I have OIC and tried numerous over the counter meds. For whatever reason the OTC laxatives, stool softeners and even miralax caused a horrible interaction with my methadone and I felt like I was poisoned until I stopped taking the OTC meds for about 5 days. Anyway...my Dr. recommended Movantik. I took the first 25 mg. pill and in about 2 hours I had a successful, somewhat easy bowel movement. About 15 minutes later what felt like 5 pounds of excrement came out. The first week was great. Here is where it gets awful...It wasn't until almost 2 full weeks into taking Movantik that I began having HORRIBLE Methadone withdrawal symptoms. I quit taking Movantik. NEVER AGAIN!!!"

THIS IS HORRIBLE! (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Used opioids for years went on methadone and movantix and worked within hours after not going for a week at a time almost regularly. Now go everyday and have lost 10 pounds to boot! So happy this drug exists . I had no pain at first a little intestinal cramping moving out of my system, after a few days regular no cramping at all, miracle fix for constipation for people who have to regularly take pain meds!"

Elle1313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2016