User Reviews for Movantik

4.5

Constipation, Chronic

Summary of Movantik reviews 4.6 165 reviews

Reviews for Movantik

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "I am never taking Movantik again. I'm sitting here with a heating pad and the air conditioning on, with a huge blanket on me and let me tell you it gave me the worst excruciating pain in my stomach. I myself have gone to the ER for lesser pain as well. This is out of this world kind of pain I thought I was going to throw my dose up. I almost puked on the nurse lol. I held that medicine down but I seriously wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy"

lovelovexo (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Hello everyone hope all is well with you and yours. This constipation by far is the worst. I too, have gone almost 3 weeks without relief. To me, it feel's like your poisoning yourself with all your toxic waste just sitting in your body for far too long. That's how I describe it. I get hot, sweaty I turn red like my blood pressure is going through the roof. Just like being poisoned. It starts out with small rock hard waste and then once that first plug that has blocked is gone then I can't stop going. That's when it gets terrible I can't make it to the bathroom. I can't leave the house. I don't dare. What do they use to clean out a patient that is going to have a exam for colon cancer/ or just check up? well I hope they figure this out soon."

ChicChicbabe (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been taking dilaudid for about a year for spinal pain and soft tissue pain from fibromyalsia and interstitial cystitis. I have been taking it for 1 week and still have not had much of a bowel movement. I see that some are experiencing horrible side effects. I must say I haven't had a single side effect. Just the regular bloating and discomfort of constipation. I'm still getting impactions. But my doctor told me to take it, period, without specifying time of day. I just read you should take an hour before breakfast. I was taking mine at night! I will change to morning tomorrow. So far it hasn't helped at all."

joni1129 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I paid $100 copay for the script to use postoperatively and it did absolutely nothing. Bought ex lax, and that worked. I think it cost $5. Typically would never take ex lax because of the urgent need to go and cramps etc...but when on opioids, it worked without the pain usually associated with it. I think the drug is a complete waste of money and not sure how it actually showed efficacy in trials, need to check. Maybe they did trial with a stool softener as comparator, idk?"

Orange75 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I took this ONE time, and I will never take this again. I took it 12 hours ago, and have been up the entire night with explosive diarrhea. Chills,stomach ache, feeling like I'm dying. But the absolute worst part is, it feels as though I've been stripped of my pain medication so I am in so much back pain that I've been crying. Nothing will stop it, and I've even taken more pain relief this morning. I really felt like going to the hospital, I'm in so much pain."

Tanksmom May 12, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Ok I'm NEVER taking that movantik EVER again!!!!! I feel like I'm going to die! Insane stomach pain, cramping, sweat pouring off me, chills, lightheaded ness, diarrhea, crazy lower back pain, I threw up while on the toilet... uhh... no! That pill is awful! I'll deal with the constipation.... I can't handle this. I'm lying on the couch downstairs in excruciating pain, shaking, sweating and wanting to puke. So yeah... you could say it “worked” but I’m not willing to deal with the consequences."

Lynne (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I started taking 25mg yesterday after chronic back ups sometimes up to 2 weeks. Have had the script for 6 months but had the fear of withdrawal so I suffered and didn’t take it. That was dumb. I have stage 4 esophagus cancer which is the most painful cancer they say. So I take whatever I have to to stop it. It took 3 hours before I went and it was a good bit but only once. Going to do it again today and hopefully I will have the same results so I can get it all out of me. I cramped for about 4 hours after the bowel motion and had chills. Just fell asleep about two hours woke up and they were wearing off. No withdrawal symptoms yet so all and all a good drug. Don’t worry about withdrawal symptoms the good outweighed the bad. Will update about a week. Hope it helps you!"

Teri (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "After 5 years of severe constipation I bought Movantik $200 (my insurance might pay back and cover future costs if approved) and I took it the first day I had small, kinda wet BM. The next day I took it I had a normal bowel movement and it does not make me panicky or whatever except I get some abdominal pain and bloating that is mild and doesn't last short. I would give it 10/10 if it, as I hoped, flushed my colon out but this is still good. And it doesn't even push me to poop so if I as in a place with no toilet I could easily hold it."

zagor1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "This medicine is bad. I had severe vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours straight. I also had severe stomach contractions after only one pill. I'd rather be constipated than take this again. Please Be Aware!!!"

Mrs.knowitall March 16, 2018

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "movantik was prescribed after fusion lumbar surgery. The drug was $324.00, my share, and it was not effective. The drug was taken as prescribed, on an empty stomach. After 4 days of constipation, other laxatives had to be taken. The pain from the first bowel movement after movantiks had been taken, and induced by other medications, was excruciating."

nyd February 8, 2018

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "I've been taking Movantik for 8 months. I agree with some of the other reviews in that it worked great initially but eventually lost it's effectiveness. It still helps some, but I have to take Amitiza, Miralax and fiber suppliments along with it. * The main disadvantage for me is it reduces the effectiveness of my pain medication. I notice a huge difference in pain control on the days I take it, my meds don't work as well. For this reason, I usually take 1/2 a tablet instead of the whole thing. I have tried just not taking it at all, but I got very constipated despite the 3 other meds I take to prevent that. So I guess 1/2 a tablet is my happy medium."

Lap87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Well it took a few days but my stool went from hard rocks that I'd had for many years to soft easy to release stool! I'm impressed, a bit of stomach flip flops going to ask for the lower dose. But I can finally poop!"

CherylS-AZ January 21, 2018

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "I've been on Movantik for 6 months now. The medicine worked great the first week or so, but eventually it stopped working all together. I take Amitiza, Miralax and an OTC herbal supplement along with Movantik for OIC. When I started PM this summer, I was taking up to 2-3 Percocet 5mg a day. Now I'm taking up to 4 Percocet 10mg per day. I was upset at how quickly I had built a tolerance. I thought it may have been the particular brand I was taking, so I switched pharmacies. I found no matter what brand I took, they didn't work very well or last long. A few days ago, I decided to stop Movantik to see if my pain medicine would work better. Boy was I right! It has been more potent and lasts much longer than usual. Don't waste your $$"

Lap87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been taking Movantik for four days straight now as directed by my pain management Dr and the pain in my stomach is so severe that I think I might pass out. The pain is unlike any pain I have had. It isn’t the gassy pain I have had before this is different and much worst, soooo nauseated, Heart burn/acid reflux incredibly bad and suffering thru this all and I have not gone to the restroom yet. I am throwing this bottle out. I like you all, was researching this medicine because I feel sooo bad. I was Completely unaware of the side effects and withdrawal symptoms that this medicines causes. Maybe some of this is withdrawals as well. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences. If not for you I would have continued taking this.."

Tapned January 2, 2018

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I had surgery a few months ago and suffered constipation due to oxicodone. This last surgery the doctor recommended Movantik which worked fine for me but I always suffered from constipation even when not in opioids. My biggest issue is that it caused me horrible anxiety. I had anxiety episodes before but they came back. I'm not taking Movantik anymore due to this"

Chacon December 27, 2017

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been on opioids for 20 years at least. So constipation kind of rules my life. I too ended up in emergency twice, but all they did was give me an enema which never works for me. I saw a Movantik add on tv, so I asked my Dr. if I should try it. He agreed and wrote me a prescription. When I got home I took one, and it had no effect at all. Just nothing. So I decided to check the reviews on this drug and people have had just too many problems with pain , cramps, all sorts of awful things. Since it didn't work, I felt lucky. I don't want to go through the pain."

fibrohellstorm November 28, 2017

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I've been using opioids for about 9 years now. Spinal surgeries had me using morphine, Fentanyl, Dilaudid and Norco at various times over the years. I have been using Norco (2 to 6 tablets per day) and MS Contin (twice a day) for the past 2 years. Dr. suggested Movantik and gave me samples. It worked as advertised for the first 3 or 4 times but then started giving me diarrhea. I take it at 6 AM but it takes 3 or 4 hours for the symptoms to subside and I am very weak afterwards. During this time I am unable to leave the house. I have a life and need to be places early. I guess I will try cutting the pill in half or go without breakfast and then take the regular dose."

Mr. Backpain (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

For Constipation, Drug Induced "This drug never worked for me. It caused withdrawal symptoms and almost killed me!! I was in 10 times more pain because it was causing me to withdraw from my pain meds. I do not recommend anyone take this horrible drug!!! Doctors just write it to make money and do not check to see how awful the side affects are!!"

Keke2054 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Frankly, I’m surprised by the bad reviews. My constipation is severe. It at one point sent me to the emergency room. Reason? A stimulant laxative. Never again. I have never been a “1/2 pill is too much girl”. Movantik doesn’t overwhelm my body. My husband lost his mother to a burst bowel so he is especially concerned. Never was a “poop a day girl” either. Having found Movantik is why I’m breathing a sigh of relief. If I can ever get off the opioids, it will be a happy day. But until then, I thank the Movantic developers. True I, on occasion, will take a nausea pill but I did that before Movantik. Now you can’t pry it from my cold dead hands!!! It helps me and our piece of mind to have Movantik assist me."

Mama Suzi November 17, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "My doctor gave me some samples of Movantik as well as an Rx for it. Took first pill on an empty stomach one hour before a meal as directed. Cramps started about an hour after taking it. Cramps increased in intensity over the next few hours until I was experiencing the worst stomach pains of my life. I've actually gone to the ER for stomach pain less severe than this. Initial normal bowel movement quickly turned into total diarrhea (with the most horrible odor imaginable). Additional side effects included intense nausea and just an overall feeling of being very sick. These symptoms continued for an agonizing 8 to 10 hours. I reported the side effects to my doctor and he advised against taking any more of it. This drug is a nightmare"

Jerry S. November 14, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Within 40 minutes I was in the bathroom with profuse sweating and intense abdominal pain. It is now 5 hours later and the abdominal pain is still there. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Please take this off the market !"

Distraught in dowagiac November 13, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Just started it Was using colace and prune juice. Worked better for me. Have not gone to the bathroom in two days. Will call my doctor and let him know. Feels like I have to go but can't. What a pain."

moonstruck15601 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "I think it’s crazy that medicine specifically prescribed to opioid users will cause opioid withdrawal. Forget that! Take Linzess ! I’ve been on Suboxone for 3 years. I’ve had terrible constipation and when I would finally go, it would be rock solid and extremely painful. Linzess has been life changing. I go everyday. I’m on the highest dosage, the low dosage did absolutely nothing at all. Being constipated is a big deal. It’s awful! My heart goes out to anyone who suffers from it."

Emilylindy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "OMG!! I didn't go to the bathroom for almost a month I did go a little not much than I started to get wicked bad heart burn, so I said let me try the movantik again, within 15 mins I began to sweat profusely I'm not kidding,. I was drenched with sweat and had cramps so bad I thought I died, and the chills I couldn't believe that this could actually do this to someone, and the throwing up was also horrible!! No lie I thought I was puking poop, I was so grossed out and I'm still sweating like no tomorrow and it's been 2 days now since I took a dose of it, I'm glad it works for some but I wouldn't give that to my worse enemy!! That stuff is just horrible!! I've been on methadone for almost 18 years now for back pain failed surgery, fusion and scs failed."

Cynhow October 8, 2017

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Third day on Movantik. No difference at all. Does it take a while for it to begin working? I wouldn’t see why? Disappointed!"

IanMistakaniov October 4, 2017