User Reviews for Megestrol (Page 5)

Also known as: Megace ES

Megestrol has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 111 ratings on Drugs.com. 66% of those users who reviewed Megestrol reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Cachexia
Summary of Megestrol reviews 7.5 111 reviews

Reviews for Megestrol

Anonymous October 17, 2008

Megace (megestrol) for Hot Flashes: “This medicine worked really well for me for about 6 weeks then gradually stopped working.”

Badlands Barb · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2015

For Anorexia: “Has helped me so much. I have gained 20 lbs. In 6 weeks.”

Break 60 · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2014

For Hot Flashes: “Stopped hot flashes resulting from taking Lupron for prostate cancer. Wonderful medicine.”

DG · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2021

Megace ES (megestrol): “Megace makes me get hungry and look for something to eat! I gained 10 pounds since I have been on it. Works great!”

Betty Appleton November 17, 2016

Megace ES (megestrol) for Weight Loss: “My insurance will not cover this medication for what I'm being treated for. I was prescribed this medicine for extreme weight loss.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

For Hot Flashes: “I used this medication for over 15 years for very severe hot flashes. I had no side effects. I have recently stopped using it and have not had the hot flashes return.”

Vi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2018

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: “I do not need to gain weight as a matter of fact I was already overweight and now I'm gaining even more . Can I take something that won't make me gain so much weight ?”

Pamonuntainboy January 9, 2018

For Hot Flashes: “Taking Luprin for prostate cancer, one side affect of the Luprin is hot flashes, using Megestrol to control hot flashes. It works for me, hot flashed reduced by 95%.”

Badlands Barb August 12, 2015

For Anorexia: “Has helped me so much. I have gained 20 lbs. In 6 weeks.”

Babe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Endometrial Cancer: “On Megace for endometrial cancer and I developed blood clots in leg, fortunately I recognized it quickly and a blood thinner was prescribed. Went off of Megace immediately.”

Sand13456 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Today is January 6th 2018 hope this works because the pain meds are running out and I can't keep pulling off the road when the pain is too much to bare. ”

Ree February 11, 2021

For Hot Flashes: “IT CAUSES REALLY BAD NIGHT SWEATS !!!! OMG but it work very well for a weight gainer.”

Frankie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 18, 2019

For Anorexia: “This caused Bloating- hiccups- swelling-incompetence.”