User Reviews for Loperamide

Also known as: Imodium, Imodium A-D, Anti-Diarrheal, Imotil, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Pepto Diarrhea Control, Kao-Paverin, Diar-Aid, Diamode, Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution, Kaopectate 1-D, A-D Anti-Diarrheal

Diarrhea, Acute

Traveler's Diarrhea
6.2

Summary of Loperamide reviews 8.5 49 reviews

Reviews for Loperamide

For Diarrhea, Acute: "Nurses love this stuff. You have a miserable patient with liquid stool and the doctor prescribes Imodium because it is OK according to the cause of the diarrhea. And with the first first 4 mg dose then 2 mg with every subsequent diarrhea stool the patient is relieved. Personally, I have direct experience with it myself. It really works, slows gastric motility down enough for your body to absorb the liquid it needs instead of pooping it out."

Nurse Bishop (taken for 10 years or more) May 7, 2019

For Diarrhea: "The old formula worked great. I could always count on it to stop any diarrhea by the second dose. The new formula doesn't work at all. I've tried it many times. I've even tried using more than recommended, but to no avail. It's a waste of money."

Bigdog April 28, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Made my symptoms much worse. Every time I took it I'd get diarrhea immediately after. Sometimes it would clear up afterwards, sometimes it wouldn't. I took it before bed and it gave me loose stool in my sleep (after I had already gone multiple times after taking it)."

ks1313 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Diarrhea, Acute: "I'm lactose intolerant but I really love cheese. I traveled to Paris recently, where I knew I'd be eating a whole lot of cheese. I took this at the start of my trip and I was in heaven. I could eat whatever I wanted, no diarrhea! This stuff is amazing!"

CaptainCoolios (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

For Diarrhea: "it helped but my tummys so sore now :-(maybe... in the morning I will feel good!!! ^.^"

poopiii (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have IBS and had a bad flare up. 4 weeks of tests and constant diarrhea, they finally confirmed there was no infection so allowed me to take Immodium. I chose the plus comfort as I also have stomach pains. Followed instructions and took 2, I don't mean to be crude, but I am elated to say that the next day I managed a normal BM for the first time in a month! Not noticed any help with the stomach pains/bloating but has definitely helped the flare up!"

Oblong (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "PERFECT -- it always works when I need it."

BillB (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I felt better about 3 hours after taking 2 tablets. Still have a slight problem though but will be taking one more twice a day and I expect to feel much better then."

John W the Brit January 15, 2018

For Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have IBS but no health insurance and can't afford expensive treatments and prescription medications. My wonderful doctor recommended a "maintenance" regimen of 2 loperamide daily to control the chronic diarrhea that was greatly affecting my life. Between this and watching my diet, sticking mainly to non-dairy, sugar free and gluten free foods, I've been able to live a mostly normal life with very few flare ups. I highly recommend."

LM921 (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have IBS plus I'm lactose intolerant and have struggled with this for 5 years now so far and for 3 years I was unable to enjoy a meal because as soon as I ate, I was in the bathroom. When I take imodium now for the past 2 years, I can actually eat meals and it wont bother my stomach. I feel normal and go to the bathroom normally but if I miss a day and don't take the pills, I am back to going to the bathroom after every meal. Imodium has really helped me. Especially when it triggers in the morning, so it helps me to be able to go to work at 5am. There are somedays I didn't have pills and could not go into work because I could not stop using the bathroom. I love imodium!"

Nessaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "Acute diarrhea .Was told by the pharmacist I could safely take Immodium while on (blood thinner) Eliquis. I had acute diarrhea and my stools were looking like there was blood in it. Very scary. Followed directions 100% and after 2 doses was so much better. Even got to sleep some. Felt like a miracle in an OTC product. Thank you so much. Symptoms disappeared after 2 doses. No bloody stools no pain.100% better Complaint : opening packaging lost three pills somewhere in the carpet. Fourth pill I accidently broke open while in my mouth. Immediately began vomiting. Until there was no more fluid left. GREAT PRODUCT EFFECTIVE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. No consequences regarding blood thinners. Again,thank you."

poobelly (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I had 18" of my large intestines removed a year ago. I still had Diarrhea bad. I took Imodium and was so happy I feel normal. Something I can't drink is Beer. )-: That is ok with me. I only take it every other day. I am a happy camper."

SurBig January 16, 2017

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have been taking a 2 mg tablet every morning for 14 years!! I have rare dizziness. also my blood pressure has lowered somewhat. from 120/80 to 100/60."

boditty October 6, 2016

For Diarrhea, Chronic: "I was prescribed Loperamide following surgery for cancer of the bowel. It has been a life saver as I no longer need to be consistently near a commode or rest room.I now have formed stool once or twice a day but with plenty of warning before the big boom !"

Back door trotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2016

For Diarrhea, Acute: "Always have this handy when you travel and are at risk for food poisoning or bad water, it works great. Over the counter and very cheap."

Globe trekker August 22, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I was tappering off of both MS Contin and Percocet and developed diarrhea. I started taking Imodiun and started itching and a rash. It did help the diarrhea but I am one of the people that had a reaction to this medication, unfortunately. I also had cramping, and sweating as well as lightheadedness."

annie47 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I have had IBS-D most of my life. Until Imodium came along, I had to stay home... I use the Imodium Multi-Symptom more often than the Imodium AD for one specific reason - the ease of accessing the pill. The packaging for the AD is absolutely, beyond a doubt one of the dumbest every conceived! Definitely not something you can have handy in your purse or wallet. You'd never be able to get to it in an emergency. You have to use scissors to cut the tiny pill out! But, with the Imodium Multi-Symptom, you simply bend the corner at the perforation, pull the paper back and access the pill. It is a larger pill so for people who have difficult swallowing, you may want to buy a small bottle of Imodium - no individual packages to mess with."

diymel (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "The new packing is impossible to open. I cannot open the packet. Did you ever hear "if it a'int broke don't fix it"? Why did you change? I like the product now I need to find a new one."

pepto June 13, 2016

For Diarrhea: "Binds you up well, poo real nice and solid after, good to handle the squirts"

Assman6969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now with minimal sleep, constant abdominal pains. •First of I started feeling ill with minor headaches fever like. •Second day I was throwing up with nothing left in my body feeling weak and restless •Third day I had diarrhoea every hour leaving me feeling drained. Night time was impossible to sleep constant bowel movement. I read about Imodium not thinking I could use this whilst having this virus. Had to take two to start with didn't work then took two more after each bowel movement then I had few abdominal aches. The 10 minuets it started working!"

Mat1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "This is the only product that has worked for me. Can you please improve the taste. Thank You."

Cynthia McManus February 16, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "It works instantly."

Lasgun January 9, 2016

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Loperamide is very helpful for diarrhea within 4 (or fewer caplets). It helps with the stomach cramping too. It was also helpful for when I had the stomach flu."

Vedawoos December 31, 2015

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I had a torn hole in colon from this which needed surgery to repair. Over two months to recover. expensive. very dangerious. This should not be over counter purchase it should be only by doctor orders."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I left Florida for a trip to Budapest, Hungary with an acute case of diarrhea that threatened to spoil the expensive day trips I had paid for. I apothecary recommended I take Lopedium brand capsules (only available in a few countries, not the USA). It after taking just two capsules and as needed for the remainder on the trip, with no side affects.. Imodium A-D is the US equivalent, I understand."

expat119 August 16, 2015