User Reviews for Loperamide

Also known as: Anti-Diarrheal, Diamode, Diar-Aid, Imodium, Imodium A-D, Imotil, Kao-Paverin, Kaopectate 1-D, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Pepto Diarrhea Control, Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution

Learn more about Loperamide.

Diarrhea 23 reviews 98 medications

Traveler's Diarrhea 3 reviews 72 medications

6.2
Summary of Loperamide reviews 36 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Loperamide

For Diarrhea, Chronic: "I was prescribed Loperamide following surgery for cancer of the bowel. It has been a life saver as I no longer need to be consistently near a commode or rest room.I now have formed stool once or twice a day but with plenty of warning before the big boom !"

Back door trotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2016

For Diarrhea, Acute: "Always have this handy when you travel and are at risk for food poisoning or bad water, it works great. Over the counter and very cheap."

Globe trekker August 22, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I was tappering off of both MS Contin and Percocet and developed diarrhea. I started taking Imodiun and started itching and a rash. It did help the diarrhea but I am one of the people that had a reaction to this medication, unfortunately. I also had cramping, and sweating as well as lightheadedness."

annie47 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I have had IBS-D most of my life. Until Imodium came along, I had to stay home... I use the Imodium Multi-Symptom more often than the Imodium AD for one specific reason - the ease of accessing the pill. The packaging for the AD is absolutely, beyond a doubt one of the dumbest every conceived! Definitely not something you can have handy in your purse or wallet. You'd never be able to get to it in an emergency. You have to use scissors to cut the tiny pill out! But, with the Imodium Multi-Symptom, you simply bend the corner at the perforation, pull the paper back and access the pill. It is a larger pill so for people who have difficult swallowing, you may want to buy a small bottle of Imodium - no individual packages to mess with."

diymel (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "The new packing is impossible to open. I cannot open the packet. Did you ever hear "if it a'int broke don't fix it"? Why did you change? I like the product now I need to find a new one."

pepto June 13, 2016

For Diarrhea: "Binds you up well, poo real nice and solid after, good to handle the squirts"

Assman6969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now with minimal sleep, constant abdominal pains. •First of I started feeling ill with minor headaches fever like. •Second day I was throwing up with nothing left in my body feeling weak and restless •Third day I had diarrhoea every hour leaving me feeling drained. Night time was impossible to sleep constant bowel movement. I read about Imodium not thinking I could use this whilst having this virus. Had to take two to start with didn't work then took two more after each bowel movement then I had few abdominal aches. The 10 minuets it started working!"

Mat1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "This is the only product that has worked for me. Can you please improve the taste. Thank You."

Cynthia McManus February 16, 2016

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "It works instantly."

Lasgun January 9, 2016

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Loperamide is very helpful for diarrhea within 4 (or fewer caplets). It helps with the stomach cramping too. It was also helpful for when I had the stomach flu."

Vedawoos December 31, 2015

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I had a torn hole in colon from this which needed surgery to repair. Over two months to recover. expensive. very dangerious. This should not be over counter purchase it should be only by doctor orders."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I left Florida for a trip to Budapest, Hungary with an acute case of diarrhea that threatened to spoil the expensive day trips I had paid for. I apothecary recommended I take Lopedium brand capsules (only available in a few countries, not the USA). It after taking just two capsules and as needed for the remainder on the trip, with no side affects.. Imodium A-D is the US equivalent, I understand."

expat119 August 16, 2015

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Best over the counter that really works for chronic or IBS quickly! The generic brand is the best priced and works just as well as the name brand for me"

magic woman (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2015

Imodium (loperamide) for Traveler's Diarrhea: "I had loose almost diarrhea stools for almost three months after a trip to Florida. I began to seriously worry, so before going to a doctor took a dose (2 pills) of Imodium. I returned to normal in 2 days and have had no problem since. One dose fixed a 3 month long problem! Read the directions. It said to take a second dose after a second event of loose stools. I might have taken another dose that night after the first if I had read read the instructions carefully. I suspect some of the reviewers who had stomach pains might have done that, because I had NO discomfort. Just an almost miraculous immediate return to normal movements. Thank you makers!"

Carrell Photographer June 11, 2015

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: "I have used this over the counter medication for many years. I have IBS and I find this Imodium A-D works to stop my diarrhea. It might be a good idea to take it with you where ever you go for emergencies. If you have IBS you should talk with your doctor about diet."

I've used it for years. March 14, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Once in a while I eat something that brings on the trots. One pill usually does the trick. Like any other over the counter medicine, it's not something to become dependent on. Once I figure-out what food item did me in, I stop eating it."

Anonymous October 5, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days."

pees July 19, 2014

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Very effective."

mikepharm1 June 28, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "Works."

Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

For Diarrhea: "2 days into the most painful diarrhea I've ever experienced, I got onto Gastro-stop. Within about 45 minutes my severe gut cramps had reduced to rumbles and diarrhea no more, combined with some re-hydration product I am feeling almost well again."

JoeyJoJoShabadoo Junior February 27, 2014

For Diarrhea: "I take this for Irritable Bowel Syndrome control and it works very well. In most cases 2 x 2mg capsules does the job, however sometimes a further one or two are needed for more severe cases."

FrequentBathroomers (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2014

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible."

Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: "I have severe symptoms and after 4 doses, Imodium AD has NOT worked for me. Symptoms continue despite treatment with Imodium AD."

DailyBiPolar (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "The ONE and ONLY time this medication didn't work occurred when I had an infection in my intestinal tract which necessitated treatment with antibiotics. Otherwise it always works."

Coppertopcurls (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: "I had a bad bout of diarrhea and this medicine stopped it for me."

susanw85 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2013