User Reviews for Loperamide to treat Diarrhea

Also known as: Imodium, Anti-Diarrheal, Imodium A-D, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Diar-Aid Diamode Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution A-D Anti-Diarrheal

Loperamide Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 103 medications used in the treatment of Diarrhea.

Reviews for Loperamide

Dez February 23, 2020

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “If Imodium doesn’t work for you then you might have Bile Acid Diarrhea BAM So you need Cholestrymine. It’s horrible first month makes thing worse then bam your all good. As far as Imodium you have to take two and then after the next poop take another one and this will completely stop you up.”

Jade · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

Imodium (loperamide): “I have really bad anxiety and it comes with diarrhea everytime!!! So as soon as I heard of this I immediately went to the store and bought it!! It works miracles and now a little less anxious about having an accident in public.”

Johno July 24, 2019

Imodium (loperamide): “Took 8 tablets on day one and still have diarrhea. Still got it.”

Bigdog April 28, 2019

“The old formula worked great. I could always count on it to stop any diarrhea by the second dose. The new formula doesn't work at all. I've tried it many times. I've even tried using more than recommended, but to no avail. It's a waste of money.”

ks1313 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

Imodium (loperamide): “Made my symptoms much worse. Every time I took it I'd get diarrhea immediately after. Sometimes it would clear up afterwards, sometimes it wouldn't. I took it before bed and it gave me loose stool in my sleep (after I had already gone multiple times after taking it).”

poopiii · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2019

“it helped but my tummys so sore now :-(maybe... in the morning I will feel good!!! ^.^”

annie47 · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I was tappering off of both MS Contin and Percocet and developed diarrhea. I started taking Imodiun and started itching and a rash. It did help the diarrhea but I am one of the people that had a reaction to this medication, unfortunately. I also had cramping, and sweating as well as lightheadedness.”

diymel · Taken for 10 years or more June 14, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I have had IBS-D most of my life. Until Imodium came along, I had to stay home... I use the Imodium Multi-Symptom more often than the Imodium AD for one specific reason - the ease of accessing the pill. The packaging for the AD is absolutely, beyond a doubt one of the dumbest every conceived! Definitely not something you can have handy in your purse or wallet. You'd never be able to get to it in an emergency. You have to use scissors to cut the tiny pill out! But, with the Imodium Multi-Symptom, you simply bend the corner at the perforation, pull the paper back and access the pill. It is a larger pill so for people who have difficult swallowing, you may want to buy a small bottle of Imodium - no individual packages to mess with.”

pepto June 13, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “The new packing is impossible to open. I cannot open the packet. Did you ever hear "if it a'int broke don't fix it"? Why did you change? I like the product now I need to find a new one.”

Assman6969 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2016

“Binds you up well, poo real nice and solid after, good to handle the squirts”

Lasgun January 9, 2016

Imodium (loperamide): “It works instantly.”

Vedawoos December 31, 2015

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide): “Loperamide is very helpful for diarrhea within 4 (or fewer caplets). It helps with the stomach cramping too. It was also helpful for when I had the stomach flu.”

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Imodium (loperamide): “I had a torn hole in colon from this which needed surgery to repair. Over two months to recover. expensive. very dangerious. This should not be over counter purchase it should be only by doctor orders.”

magic woman · Taken for 10 years or more July 25, 2015

Imodium (loperamide): “Best over the counter that really works for chronic or IBS quickly! The generic brand is the best priced and works just as well as the name brand for me”

Anonymous October 5, 2014

“Once in a while I eat something that brings on the trots. One pill usually does the trick. Like any other over the counter medicine, it's not something to become dependent on. Once I figure-out what food item did me in, I stop eating it.”

pees July 19, 2014

Imodium (loperamide): “I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days.”

mikepharm1 June 28, 2014

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide): “Very effective.”

Natkoll · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2014

Imodium (loperamide): “Works.”

JoeyJoJoShabadoo Junior February 27, 2014

“2 days into the most painful diarrhea I've ever experienced, I got onto Gastro-stop. Within about 45 minutes my severe gut cramps had reduced to rumbles and diarrhea no more, combined with some re-hydration product I am feeling almost well again.”

FrequentBathroomers · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 10, 2014

“I take this for Irritable Bowel Syndrome control and it works very well. In most cases 2 x 2mg capsules does the job, however sometimes a further one or two are needed for more severe cases.”

DailyBiPolar · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I have severe symptoms and after 4 doses, Imodium AD has NOT worked for me. Symptoms continue despite treatment with Imodium AD.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2012

“One pill is enough to stop diarrhea.”

Anonymous December 20, 2011

Imotil (loperamide): “It worked great but made my eyes very dilated so much so that I could not read. I started taking it after getting my C-diff from the antibiotics from a back stimulator being placed in my mid-back. Can't say enough good about it except the eye dilatation. ”

Anonymous September 15, 2011

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I used to get diarrhea with my panic attacks and Imodium A.D made it possible for me to still travel. It works almost instantly, it stops the got to go feeling instantaneously.”

Anonymous January 28, 2011