User Reviews for Psyllium

Also known as: Metamucil, Laxative Natural, Konsyl, Reguloid, Fiber Capsules, Metamucil Orange Smooth Texture, Alramucil, Metamucil Orange Smooth Texture Sugar Free, Modane Bulk, Hydrocil, Laxmar, Laxmar Orange, Fiber Therapy, Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber, Fiberall, V-Lax, Konsyl for Kids, Perdiem Fiber Powder, Konsyl-Orange, Konsyl-D, Cilium, Serutan, Genfiber, Fiber Eze, Natural Fiber Therapy, Konsyl Orange Sugar-free, Metamucil Unflavored Coarse Milled Original Texture, Metamucil Orange Coarse Milled Original Texture, Metamucil Unflavored Smooth Texture Sugar Free, Metamucil Berry Burst Smooth Texture Sugar Free, Laxmar Sugar Free, Metamucil Pink Lemonade Smooth Texture Sugar-Free, Metamucil Original Texture Regular, Metamucil Smooth Texture, Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber Sugar-free, Syllact …show all brand names

Constipation

6.3

Summary of Psyllium reviews 7.8 26 reviews

Reviews for Psyllium

Hornet July 13, 2019

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Metamucil has been a total GAME CHANGER for me! Can’t recommend it highly enough. One tablespoon per day has made all the difference in the world!! PS drink lots of water with it too."

Rani2018 April 22, 2019

Metamucil (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Great Marketing!!!! But the cheaper and more original Psyllium Husk seems to work better for my Collagenous Colitis! I don’t know why that is. Maybe because it has no additive and is not in powdered form."

Naturboy · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 18, 2019

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Next to aspirin, I know of no over the counter med that works as well as metamucil."

Speedy · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 20, 2018

Metamucil (psyllium) for Dietary Fiber Supplementation: "After having 14 inches of my colon removed in 2001 due to colorectal cancer, my average day consisted of going to the bathroom literally 15 to 20 times per day/night. No Doctor ever recommended Metamucil or similar product. After starting on Metamucil, my trips to the bathroom are still excessive when compared to pre colon cancer but, my bathroom trips have been reduced by more than 50%. My life is much more closer to normal. I will be taking Metamucil for the rest of my life."

Ctsd December 10, 2018

Metamucil (psyllium) for : "I have had on going issues with bowel movements for years. I am a 60 yr old male. There is a history of this condition in my family. After taking metamucil it worked amazingly. I am way more regular and for the first time in many years I actually have that empty feeling. I believe I will be using metamucil for many many years to come. I recommended this to my siblings and with the same condition and they also have had positive results."

sparky · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2018

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Turned back the clock 30 years. Makes bowel movements much easier. I only take one teaspoon per day. I am 64 and it definitely replenishes your system from what you naturally lose over the years."

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2018

Metamucil (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started having emergency runs to the bathroom before my first class everyday in college. Needing to hold it when stuck in traffic was the worse! I started having cramping all over my abdominal, and with internet diagnosing myself I swore I had some serious disease or cancer. I went to the doctor and he did some tests and I was fine, and he recommended Metamucil. It took my body a while to get used to the new fiber. Symptoms would come and go, and after about a week or two I started realizing how much I was actually able to forget about even having stomach problems! I still have some cramping and the product does seem to cause some bloating. However I went from only having a couple good days a week, to only a couple bad days a week."

Scott May 9, 2018

Metamucil (psyllium) for Dietary Fiber Supplementation: "Worked great the first couple days. But ever since it's like I'm trying to pass a brick. Exact opposite effect of what I was looking for."

LEE · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2018

Konsyl (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "On the advice of my Gastro Doctor, I was taking 2 capsules per day of Psyllium put out by Konsyl until they were discontinued. It came back in powder form and I find it to be amazing. I take Miralax also, a probiotic also. What a difference in taking the Konysl Psyllium. Just would love it if they came back with the capsules. The powder does not mix very well. People complain about the taste which I find very tolerable. Hope it help others the way it is helping me."

mummyp May 1, 2017

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Have taken 2 capsules daily not at all effective ."

LandryLady · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2017

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Growing up, I thought straining to poop and sitting there for 30+ minutes was normal. I'm 25 now, and due to my recently discovered kidney problems, I also discovered that those things are not normal. So, my husband one day asked my mother in law to pick up some metamucil for me at the store on her way to our apartment. None of us knew much about it because we had never taken it before. She bought the sugar free orange flavored kind. I started taking 1 teaspoon daily and it has seriously CHANGED MY LIFE. I'm no longer constipated, nor do I get diarrhea, and my chronic nausea has been cured. Usually I go once a day now, but on occasion I have gone 4 times, but all healthy. I love it!"

Tekchick · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2016

Metamucil (psyllium) for Dietary Fiber Supplementation: "It was wonderful at stopping my diarrhea. I ended up having a soft bowel movement in about 12 hours of taking the dose. The bad part was I had horrible abdominal pain and looked like I was 9 months pregnant. I would rather put up with diarrhea then put up with that. Today I am trying citrucel and hopefully won't blow up anymore and no more abdominal cramps."

Carleeeeeeee August 15, 2016

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "Metamucil works wonders! I'm 4 months pregnant and suffered horrible constipation. Was given Metamucil sachets by my midwife & noticed in 2 days how much better I feel, what a relief!"

mwinga111 June 22, 2016

Metamucil (psyllium) for Dietary Fiber Supplementation: "The new Metamucil made me gain weight i think because of the sugar. My appetite didn't change. The old Metamucil worked for me ."

baby mama · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2016

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "My son has suffered with major constipation for almost a year. He is 2 years old. Every doctor told us to use prunes, apple juice, no dairy... etc. we tried them all. BUT Metamucil has worked its wonders!! He poops everyday and does not have to strain so much. Its doing really good, we give him half of a teaspoon in his water once a day and he doesn't even drink all of it."

NoMorePain/Diarrhea · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2016

Metamucil (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was told to take this 40 years ago, but didn't like the taste/texture. My pain and diarrhea got so bad I started taking 1 scant tablespoon a day and I have no more pain and only rare diarrhea. I wish I had started using it years ago."

Gwendles December 30, 2015

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "I had a bad reaction to Metamucil until I figured out what to do. I found that taking metamucil dried up my stool and gave me constipation :( I couldn't believe it didn't work because everyone loves it. BUT then I took magnesium with I and it was great. Magnesium diverts liquid to the colon so it gave me enough moisture to pass stool."

some random woman September 7, 2015

Metamucil (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I used to suffer from frequent, repeated flareups of diarrhea and constipation. It was extremely painful when the liquid stool tried to push past the hardened stool. I finally saw a doctor and explained my problem. She said I had symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. She recommended Metamucil and I started treatment the next day. I experienced considerable relief after a week of drinking the powder mixture. I take Metamucil each and every day now and have experienced far less flareups than I did in the past. I no longer have to stay home so much or know exactly where each bathroom is when I go out. This fiber supplement has greatly improved my quality of life. I'm so grateful."

Finally Clean · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2015

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "I was having some serious difficult with occasional constipation since having my daughter a year ago. After doing many tests and determining I didn't have any underlying conditions, my doctor recommended a serving if Metamucil once a day. It's been a live saver! After about 3 days it started working and it's been weeks that I haven't had a single issue. I mix it with a glass of orange juice every morning so the taste doesn't bother me. I also started taking a probiotic with it. The combo has improved my energy and digestive health ten fold."

DanielleK11 March 7, 2015

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "I have suffered with constipation and ibs for awhile now, and I found out about Metamucil. I purchased the capsules for convenience.I have been using it for 2 days and can tell a massive difference. I have not been bloated at all, which means I have more energy. I used to spend 20-30 mins in the bathroom, now I spend a few mins, a lot easier now. I only use 4 tablets per day, and working well.I would recommend to people with constipation or those who suffer from bloating and abdominal pain due to ibs. I will repurchase!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2013

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "I always considered eating certain foods was enough to combat constipation but have found that as I aged this was not sufficient. I decided to start using Metamucil and found this to be easy to take, tasteless and the condition has vastly improved."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2012

Metamucil (psyllium) for Dietary Fiber Supplementation: "I have struggled with Hemorrhoids and what I think is Irritable Bowl Syndrome for years. I noticed that Metamucil helped but never got myself to use it on a daily basis. Finally started using it religiously half a teaspoon in the morning and half in the evening. I got back my life is all I have to say."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

Metamucil (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Somewhat helped for a few months, but then my irritable bowel syndrome got worse. Even ER medicines didn't relieve my pain. I have been suffering for 2 years and haven't found a medicine that will help."

rml313 January 1, 2011

Metamucil (psyllium) for Constipation: "It works great."

Anonymous February 16, 2010

Konsyl (psyllium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have used Metamusil and a variety of such aids in the past to help my irritable bowel and related issues of constipation and hemorrhoids. None of these compares to the efficacy of Konsyl. It isn't carried everywhere, and it can be pricey, but it is available online and it is far superior to any other product of its kind that I have used."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)