User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide / clidinium systemic

Peptic Ulcer
7.5

Summary of Chlordiazepoxide/clidinium reviews 8.7 56 reviews

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide/clidinium

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for : "I am 63 and librax was approved by the FDA in 1966. I was 11 at the time. I had severe abdominal cramping at the time which stopped me in my tracks. The doctor put me on the new drug. I did not know until now that it had benzodiazapine in it. I feel sad that I took it when I was so young and I do not think there were a lot of studies back then. I wonder now if the librax, for me, was the beginning of addiction in general. I will ever know and did not think of it until I was asked about my youth. I am very happy that it is available and works for many. Who will ever know."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2018

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I’ve suffered from IBS as long as I can remember. Although I didn’t know that when I was a kid! I had several unexplained episodes of severe pain that landed me in the ER since the birth of my first born in 2012. I had my gallbladder removed, had a colonoscopy and laparoscopy which were inconclusive! Since my gallbladder was removed in 2015 I had 2 attacks which know doctor could explain. I’ve had so much flatulence and awful smelling gas but since starting Librax less than a month ago I haven’t had any symptoms except for being really sleepy and having terrible headaches!"

Nita (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had stomach trouble ALL my life and had my gallbladder removed 10 yrs ago and it didn't help. As the years past it has steadily gotten worse and in the last year my "episodes" lasting longer. I have missed so much work and if I did not work for family, would have lost my job. Been on Bentyl and Levison and neither helped much. Especially with the gut knotting up and cramping. Have only been on it for three days but on my third day it has helped starting today! I am so hopeful after reading the majority of these post and how they have helped. Thanks to all for posting as I thought I was losing my mind and was truly getting suicidal as I could find no relief."

PammieKay (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this librax in the 70s and 80s it worked great. I just started it again, the drug is old and I was told only one company made it now allowing for the great price hike."

Specklebeauty March 20, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been taking this med for, a spastic colon and to prevent spastic colitis attacks for the past 25 years . It does a great job at controlling my spastic colon . Recently it has been hard for me to get due to the fact my insurance went from $35.00 for a 3 month supply of 3 times a day . Now all the sudden starting in January it went to over $1000.00 for my meds . SMH I don't understand how a med that is as old as librax or generic is now unaffordable now and now I'm back to facing the bowel movement about 10 times a day because the price suddenly sky rocketed . I wish someone could explain how this can be reality of a generic drug of todays standard of pharmacology world . No other med has ever worked as well for me .SMH feeling so frustrated ."

Robert (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2018

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been taking generic Librax for about 9 years. It works up to a point, but is certainly not a cure for IBS. After eliminating nearly everything from my diet and taking Librax 4 times per day, I still have episodes where I cannot stop going to the bathroom. I have to turn to lamotil to stop the urge, even with the Librax. As someone mentioned, it has benzodiazepines in it which take some time to get used to, but after a couple of months you will only notice that your sense of balance is somewhat compromised. You should never stop taking Librax cold turkey. The withdrawal of the sedative is absolutely horrible. I tried to stop cold turkey once, and it was a terrible mistake. The drug is fairly effective at reducing the D."

can't take any more IBS-D (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2017

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Sell your soul. This is the hands down best medicine for IBS; it is perfect, for the first few months. As soon as the tolerance to the Librium catches up to you then you get the bill, google librax withdrawal. Withdrawing from a benzodiazepine is pure hell, (I am in it) If you must do it go for two weeks to get relief and then stop."

Brucewayne305 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Peptic Ulcer: "It worked extremely well for having lots and lots of bms. However I became really down and thats never happened before. That was with 1 dose."

Librax OD November 7, 2017

For Peptic Ulcer: "I've been taking Clidinium for over 20 years to deal with acid stomach and esophagus spasms. When eating, I would have the feeling that food was "getting stuck" after just a few bites. This is the most wonderful drug to deal with my "nervous stomach" so to speak, and also has the side benefit of reducing instances of lower tract issues as well. without cramps. CVS Caremark is now giving me a hard time covering this medication, saying the problem is that it's not FDA approved, having gone to market in 1966, preceding the FDA. Actually the real problem is that it's "expensive"! They suggested 2 other IBS drugs which did nothing for my stomach, and resulted in abdominal cramps. I'm still fighting but out of room!"

RogerCVC April 19, 2017

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS for many years along with anxiety as well as mitral valve prolapse syndrome. I've been given several different meds but good old Librax keeps me stable. I do not abuse it which my doc knows but I never run out of having it. I have found the generic does just as well for me. It's an old medicine and many doctors do not choose to use it. I've taken as many as 5 a day and as few as 1. It calms me so much better than other meds such as Paxil or Lexapro. It has absolutely saved me!!"

Sacheigirl October 12, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I finally talked my doctor into ordering Librax. I had heard about it before but never tried it....I have IBS, plus a bunch of unknown-cause bowel issues.....and the worst which is constant nausea. Bentyl helped with cramps, not with nausea. Tried other meds that didn't work. My doctor suggested Donnatal.....not covered by insurance, and for one month it was over $700!! So frustrating! Then he agreed to the Librax....I was SO happy, flew to the pharmacy to get it........NOT covered either! I got half of the script for $75 to see if it worked, and it DOES! Actually took my nausea away and let me relax for the first time in days! Now have to try and get the money to get the refill when I need it. :("

RoniW (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Recently diagnosed with IBS (D) after months of pain and significant weight loss 30+ llbs. Hyoscamine didn't help much, Librax does but the side effects for me are awful, after 2-3 days on it I develop severe headache which does not abate no matter what pain releif I use, if I continue to take it it then triggers days and days of cripplig migraines. So at the moment I take it on and off to keep the side effects down."

Thiskittybites. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medicine has been a life saver. Although I don't have ibs, I do have generalized anxiety, which can cause a variety of unpleasant ibs-like symptoms. My doctor first tried me on various antidepressants; however, none of them worked. Paxil was by far the worst. It made me sleep 12+ hours a day, it made me feel like a zombie--I lost my sex drive and all of my motivation to do school work--and it made me suicidal. Although I have had some pretty terrible experiences with anxiety, I've never been suicidal, so I knew I had to get off Paxil ASAP. If it wasn't for Librax, I wouldn't have been able to get through my junior year of college. This medicine isn't a "cure all," but it does allow me to function as normally as possible."

Prettyinred99 May 15, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have an ibs problem 2 or 3 times a week about 30 minutes after eating. I have severe cramps with diarrhea. The pain is so bad that I experience gagging and dry heaves or vomiting. Sometimes I have constipation. When I feel the first cramp, I take a librax and the cramps stop like a miracle. I keep my librax with me at all times because I never know when I am going to have an attack."

Zales (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had IBS D for most of my adult life. No one could figure it out. I didn't eat while at school because I was afraid of the results. I was super skinny until I was 30. Hard to believe it took doctors that long to figure it out. I went from Doctor to Doctor. Some telling me it "was all in my head". Others saying it was a result of my diet. I switched my diet, I meditated, I did everything I could but no joy. Finally I met a doctor who understood exactly what I was going through. He put me on a regimen of loperamide, lomotil and most importantly librax. What a difference. I can honestly say my life has completely changed. The only problem is librax tests positive for benzodiazepines, which make you fail drug tests."

Survivor46 (taken for 10 years or more) February 21, 2016

For Peptic Ulcer: "I been prescribed but haven't taken yet and I see it's expired"

rhillhill20 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "No side effects. Positive results as per reduced IBS problems and subsidence of peptic ulcer pain. concerned that FDA has removed approval. Anticipate many months of trying other drugs to obtain similar relief from symptoms"

mckiai November 13, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have taken Librax for 17 years and it worked better than anything I had tried. I just found out Medicare formulary does not include it. I am learning why I started taking it years ago- my IBS is back at full strength! I did flunk a drug test once when the MRO refused to accept the prescription as the cause. He said it was not the correct Benzodiazepine, but it was. A different doctor overrode his decision."

Old gut (taken for 10 years or more) September 11, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've suffered since I was a kid with IBS. Didn't know what it was, but I can say this. Stay away from caffeine and milk related products, as I was especially drinking coffee at 9 years of age. Don't ask, just old grand parents who thought nothing of it. Stress, anxiety are also due to this IBS that I had or sometimes recurs. Librax is a life saver. I'm thin as it is, but getting even thinner was just ugly. Thanks for coming up with a medication that controls this problem. All my symptoms have gone, and I feel I can function properly at work and with my two little ones. Life is wonderful again."

Dude mango September 4, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started taking librax for my ibs about 4 days ago. The pain is almost all gone and I am only having 2-3 bowel movements instead of 6-10. my only complaint is that I feel like a zombie on this medicine. It has gotten a little better as the days have gone by I was just wondering if everyone experiences this in the beginning and if it goes away once you build a tolerance."

Nunezsteph (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suddenly started having severe pain and vomiting after eating anything thicker than water. I lost 44 pounds in 2 months. The ER doctor put me on Librax, and I can eat again! This medication saved my life! I continue to take it 3 times a day before meals."

nursegilbert19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "On third day started having hoarseness and cough , on and off. Became so bad have discontinued use. It did seem to calm my intestinal pain significantly. Still having hoarseness even after stopping."

Hiccup (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Not only did this medication reduce the symptoms of IBS which for me felt like problems with my heart (which in turn drove up my anxiety), it also gave me the best sleep I had in months. I experienced no side-effects while using it. That said, long-term use could become detrimental, best discuss with your Dr."

Clint. June 24, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had some kind of mild IBS for 40 years as well as diverticulitis. Over the past several years my symptoms of IBS-D got to the point that I was having an average of 4 loose bm's a day and often more accompanied by bloating, explosive gas and urgency. Tried the wellness doctor/nutrition route for a year with minimal results. Finally found a Doctor willing to prescribe some medicine, and after a few trials and error, Voila!, we tried a combination of Librax and trazadone and I had immediate and dramatic relief! The underlying problem is still there and I still have multiple bm's, but I can at least control the urge and go for hours without having to run to a bathroom. For me, it's been a minor miracle!"

chiefpottysitem May 24, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Librax saved, saved, my life! After suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Constipation, for about 30 years, and all sorts of anti-spasmodics that did nothing... whatsoever, my Dr. Prescribed Librax. I only have to take one pill at the first signs of that old familiar gut wrenching pain and it all melts away in about 20 mins. I don't know what I would do without it."

Pickerpie April 23, 2015