User Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide / clidinium

Also known as: Chlordinium, Clindex, Librax

Learn more about Chlordiazepoxide/clidinium.

Enterocolitis 2 reviews 44 medications

9.5
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 44 reviews 139 medications

Peptic Ulcer 2 reviews 34 medications

6.7
Summary of Chlordiazepoxide/clidinium reviews 48 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Chlordiazepoxide/clidinium

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS for many years along with anxiety as well as mitral valve prolapse syndrome. I've been given several different meds but good old Librax keeps me stable. I do not abuse it which my doc knows but I never run out of having it. I have found the generic does just as well for me. It's an old medicine and many doctors do not choose to use it. I've taken as many as 5 a day and as few as 1. It calms me so much better than other meds such as Paxil or Lexapro. It has absolutely saved me!!"

Sacheigirl October 12, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I finally talked my doctor into ordering Librax. I had heard about it before but never tried it....I have IBS, plus a bunch of unknown-cause bowel issues.....and the worst which is constant nausea. Bentyl helped with cramps, not with nausea. Tried other meds that didn't work. My doctor suggested Donnatal.....not covered by insurance, and for one month it was over $700!! So frustrating! Then he agreed to the Librax....I was SO happy, flew to the pharmacy to get it........NOT covered either! I got half of the script for $75 to see if it worked, and it DOES! Actually took my nausea away and let me relax for the first time in days! Now have to try and get the money to get the refill when I need it. :("

RoniW (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Recently diagnosed with IBS (D) after months of pain and significant weight loss 30+ llbs. Hyoscamine didn't help much, Librax does but the side effects for me are awful, after 2-3 days on it I develop severe headache which does not abate no matter what pain releif I use, if I continue to take it it then triggers days and days of cripplig migraines. So at the moment I take it on and off to keep the side effects down."

Thiskittybites. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medicine has been a life saver. Although I don't have ibs, I do have generalized anxiety, which can cause a variety of unpleasant ibs-like symptoms. My doctor first tried me on various antidepressants; however, none of them worked. Paxil was by far the worst. It made me sleep 12+ hours a day, it made me feel like a zombie--I lost my sex drive and all of my motivation to do school work--and it made me suicidal. Although I have had some pretty terrible experiences with anxiety, I've never been suicidal, so I knew I had to get off Paxil ASAP. If it wasn't for Librax, I wouldn't have been able to get through my junior year of college. This medicine isn't a "cure all," but it does allow me to function as normally as possible."

Prettyinred99 May 15, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have an ibs problem 2 or 3 times a week about 30 minutes after eating. I have severe cramps with diarrhea. The pain is so bad that I experience gagging and dry heaves or vomiting. Sometimes I have constipation. When I feel the first cramp, I take a librax and the cramps stop like a miracle. I keep my librax with me at all times because I never know when I am going to have an attack."

Zales (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2016

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had IBS D for most of my adult life. No one could figure it out. I didn't eat while at school because I was afraid of the results. I was super skinny until I was 30. Hard to believe it took doctors that long to figure it out. I went from Doctor to Doctor. Some telling me it "was all in my head". Others saying it was a result of my diet. I switched my diet, I meditated, I did everything I could but no joy. Finally I met a doctor who understood exactly what I was going through. He put me on a regimen of loperamide, lomotil and most importantly librax. What a difference. I can honestly say my life has completely changed. The only problem is librax tests positive for benzodiazepines, which make you fail drug tests."

Survivor46 (taken for 10 years or more) February 21, 2016

For Peptic Ulcer: "I been prescribed but haven't taken yet and I see it's expired"

rhillhill20 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "No side effects. Positive results as per reduced IBS problems and subsidence of peptic ulcer pain. concerned that FDA has removed approval. Anticipate many months of trying other drugs to obtain similar relief from symptoms"

mckiai November 13, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have taken Librax for 17 years and it worked better than anything I had tried. I just found out Medicare formulary does not include it. I am learning why I started taking it years ago- my IBS is back at full strength! I did flunk a drug test once when the MRO refused to accept the prescription as the cause. He said it was not the correct Benzodiazepine, but it was. A different doctor overrode his decision."

Old gut (taken for 10 years or more) September 11, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've suffered since I was a kid with IBS. Didn't know what it was, but I can say this. Stay away from caffeine and milk related products, as I was especially drinking coffee at 9 years of age. Don't ask, just old grand parents who thought nothing of it. Stress, anxiety are also due to this IBS that I had or sometimes recurs. Librax is a life saver. I'm thin as it is, but getting even thinner was just ugly. Thanks for coming up with a medication that controls this problem. All my symptoms have gone, and I feel I can function properly at work and with my two little ones. Life is wonderful again."

Dude mango September 4, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started taking librax for my ibs about 4 days ago. The pain is almost all gone and I am only having 2-3 bowel movements instead of 6-10. my only complaint is that I feel like a zombie on this medicine. It has gotten a little better as the days have gone by I was just wondering if everyone experiences this in the beginning and if it goes away once you build a tolerance."

Nunezsteph (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suddenly started having severe pain and vomiting after eating anything thicker than water. I lost 44 pounds in 2 months. The ER doctor put me on Librax, and I can eat again! This medication saved my life! I continue to take it 3 times a day before meals."

nursegilbert19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "On third day started having hoarseness and cough , on and off. Became so bad have discontinued use. It did seem to calm my intestinal pain significantly. Still having hoarseness even after stopping."

Hiccup (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Not only did this medication reduce the symptoms of IBS which for me felt like problems with my heart (which in turn drove up my anxiety), it also gave me the best sleep I had in months. I experienced no side-effects while using it. That said, long-term use could become detrimental, best discuss with your Dr."

Clint. June 24, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had some kind of mild IBS for 40 years as well as diverticulitis. Over the past several years my symptoms of IBS-D got to the point that I was having an average of 4 loose bm's a day and often more accompanied by bloating, explosive gas and urgency. Tried the wellness doctor/nutrition route for a year with minimal results. Finally found a Doctor willing to prescribe some medicine, and after a few trials and error, Voila!, we tried a combination of Librax and trazadone and I had immediate and dramatic relief! The underlying problem is still there and I still have multiple bm's, but I can at least control the urge and go for hours without having to run to a bathroom. For me, it's been a minor miracle!"

chiefpottysitem May 24, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Librax saved, saved, my life! After suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Constipation, for about 30 years, and all sorts of anti-spasmodics that did nothing... whatsoever, my Dr. Prescribed Librax. I only have to take one pill at the first signs of that old familiar gut wrenching pain and it all melts away in about 20 mins. I don't know what I would do without it."

Pickerpie April 23, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "OMG. You name it. Bloating, in Stomach area right under my rib there was burning, extreme pain & discomfort. It was tender to the touch. There was a tightness & feeling of fullness in that area. I was fatigued. Then came severe stomach cramps throughout my abdominal area. It felt like my entire torso was cramped up bad. Very uncomfortable & painful. It jeopardized my job. Many mornings the pain & cramps were so bad I could not go to work. Diarrhea, Constipation, Defecating all types of colors, textures and consistencies. Absolutely horrible. First was given pantoprazole acid reducer and bentyl stomach muscle relaxer which did absolutely nothing. Then Chlordiazepoxide-clindi which solved my problem. My prayers were answered. Its a magic pil"

Villoch (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This has been very effective in managing my symptoms of IBS-D. It helps with intestinal burning, gas, bloating and diarrhea, etc. I do still have to take Imodium at times. Side effects are not bothersome or have worn off. I have been taking it regularly for years and if I forget to take a dose, my stomach (or intestines) remind me! It used to be very low cost which was great. Now it is getting more and more expensive. Medicare does not cover it. "

Gramx3 (taken for 10 years or more) February 3, 2015

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Life saver. I have Celiacs, colitis, and most likely irritable bowel syndrome. Also had small bowel resection about two years ago now. Diarrhea/cramping/nausea can get pretty bad at times. Have been taking 1-2 twice a day and these issues completely go away for me in about an hour. My anxiety about going out and having an episode has decreased significantly because I know there is something that will help me. FINALLY. This medication has also allowed me to get into running again. AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. I feel many doctors are hesitant to prescribe this because of the benzodiazepine component, but the only side effect I seem to have is dry eyes and mouth. Have tried every other antispasmodic, no luck. So happy it's helping others."

BeckyV (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "In 1990 due to the stress of my father and my husband having life-threatening health issues, I, who was a very healthy person, wound up in the doctor's office explaining of my excruciating abdominal pain, my weakness, nausea, and desire to sleep. I was given a prescription for Librax. and was told if it was Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Librax would help me. It was a life-saver! Since then I've suffered three or four episodes, but none as severe as the first two. They always come during a time of 'life stress' issues. No insurance. No negative side effects of Librax for me!"

Annie1946 (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

For Enterocolitis: "Have had colitis for 40 yrs, started with Librax. Helps relieve the spasms and reduce trips to the bathroom."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 22, 2014

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I developed irritable bowel syndrome while in college. During my first "episode" I wound up hospitalized due to severe abdominal pain and dehydration. I had already been diagnosed with GERD 18 months prior (from a doctor prescribing ibuprofen, I take 4x daily for WAY too long). After a couple days of tests and fluids the GI Doc. diagnosed me with anxiety induced irritable bowel syndrome. Paired with GERD I was in constant agony. Lots of vomiting. I lost 15lbs in a couple weeks (started out at 135lbs at 5'3") and was close to being hospitalized again. Then a doctor put me on Librax and Prilosec. I can enjoy life again. I have fewer than 4 episodes a year now of IBS (still trying to manage the GERD). I take 2-3 a day, 4 if I decide to go out for spicy or overly greasy food. LOVE LIBRAX."

CTS2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2014

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome for 29 years. I have been on Librax and Zantac for those years. In 2007 it went into remission. Came back out in December 2013. It has been terrible so back on Librax 1-2 tablets 4 times per day. Since February 2014 I have lost 27lbs also taking Vitamin B12 shots to build me up because my body was not getting enough nutrients. "

CBS 1976 April 14, 2014

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This has definitely helped my irritable bowel syndrome symptoms which are horrible gas pain, and foul smelling flatulence. It is not perfect and I did go off it to try Linzess but that did not work at all so went back to Librax. I have started adding Miralax and Citrucel because I think this IBS may be constipation related. I take 2-3 per day."

CMF1225 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2014

Librax (chlordiazepoxide / clidinium) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Have suffered all my life with IBS. Not diaganosed until 25. Librax saved my life."

Heather Davidson November 4, 2013