Good Neighbor Anti-Diarrheal
Generic Name: loperamide hydrochloride
Dosage Form: oral solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 22, 2020.
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL)
Loperamide HCl 1 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Do not use
if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
- tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- only use attached measuring cup to dose product
|adults and children 12 years and over||4 teaspoonfuls (1 dosage cup) after the first loose stool; 2 teaspoonfuls (1/2 dosage cup) after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 8 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours|
|children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)||2 teaspoonfuls (1/2 dosage cup) after the first loose stool; 1 teaspoonful (1/4 dosage cup) after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 6 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours|
|children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)||2 teaspoonfuls (1/2 dosage cup) after the first loose stool; 1 teaspoonful (1/4 dosage cup) after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years (up to 47 lbs)||ask a doctor|
- do not use if carton is opened or if printed plastic neckband is broken or missing
- store between 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
alcohol (0.5%), benzoic acid, citric acid, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to active ingredient in Imodium® A-D
Loperamide Hydrochloride Oral Solution
Controls the Symptoms of Diarrhea
Cherry Mint Flavor
Each teaspoonful (5 mL) contains 1 mg Loperamide Hydrochloride
Contains 0.5% Alcohol
|GOOD NEIGHBOR PHARMACY ANTI DIARRHEAL
loperamide hcl solution
|Labeler - Amerisource Bergen (007914906)|
More about Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- FDA Alerts (2)
- Leader Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Sunmark Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Sunmark Anti-Diarrheal Tablet (FDA)
- Topcare Anti-Diarrheal (FDA)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride (AHFS Monograph)