User Reviews for Loperamide to treat Diarrhea, Acute

Also known as: Imodium, Imodium A-D, Anti-Diarrheal, Diamode, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Diar-Aid Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution A-D Anti-Diarrheal

Loperamide has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Diarrhea, Acute. 92% of those users who reviewed Loperamide reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Loperamide Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Diarrhea, Acute.

Reviews for Loperamide

ezba · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2020

“From tonight experience: 1 loperamide didn’t work, 2 loperamide did. I use it only occasionally. Anybody else?”

Daffodil · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2020

Imodium (loperamide): “I get diarrhoea because of anxiety , usually when I go out. I always have to know where WCs are. So I only go out about once a week. Immodium has never made any difference. I still try it about once every few weeks, but it never works!”

BINGO43 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2019

Imodium (loperamide): “After 5 years of stomach cramps and less than 1 minute of warning, I finally gave up on my PCP and started doing my own dietary analyzations. My daughter worked at a fantastic bakery, she would bring home the "day old" breads and bagels that didn't sell. Long story short; I overdosed on the best of the best at every meal and snack time. The culprit was GLUTEN, some days I was fine then all of a sudden 2 weeks worth of cramps and runs. Then I gave up on bread, pizza and pasta, which is a terrible thing for an Italian raised on the best foods. Breaded anything I now try to avoid, chicken, fish, fast foods. When the runs and cramps go away for weeks, I can risk a slice of pizza IF I take a Gluten enzyme pill 20 minutes before I eat. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't then out comes the Imodium, 3 before bed and 2 in the AM. In a day or so it's calmed down my IBS from whatever it caused it..”

poobelly · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2017

Imodium (loperamide): “Acute diarrhea .Was told by the pharmacist I could safely take Immodium while on (blood thinner) Eliquis. I had acute diarrhea and my stools were looking like there was blood in it. Very scary. Followed directions 100% and after 2 doses was so much better. Even got to sleep some. Felt like a miracle in an OTC product. Thank you so much. Symptoms disappeared after 2 doses. No bloody stools no pain.100% better Complaint : opening packaging lost three pills somewhere in the carpet. Fourth pill I accidently broke open while in my mouth. Immediately began vomiting. Until there was no more fluid left. GREAT PRODUCT EFFECTIVE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. No consequences regarding blood thinners. Again,thank you.”

Shield Sheafson · Taken for 10 years or more October 13, 2013

Imodium (loperamide): “If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible.”

Mat1999 · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2016

Imodium (loperamide): “I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now with minimal sleep, constant abdominal pains. •First of I started feeling ill with minor headaches fever like. •Second day I was throwing up with nothing left in my body feeling weak and restless •Third day I had diarrhoea every hour leaving me feeling drained. Night time was impossible to sleep constant bowel movement. I read about Imodium not thinking I could use this whilst having this virus. Had to take two to start with didn't work then took two more after each bowel movement then I had few abdominal aches. The 10 minuets it started working!”

Nurse Bishop · Taken for 10 years or more May 7, 2019

“Nurses love this stuff. You have a miserable patient with liquid stool and the doctor prescribes Imodium because it is OK according to the cause of the diarrhea. And with the first first 4 mg dose then 2 mg with every subsequent diarrhea stool the patient is relieved. Personally, I have direct experience with it myself. It really works, slows gastric motility down enough for your body to absorb the liquid it needs instead of pooping it out.”

expat119 August 16, 2015

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I left Florida for a trip to Budapest, Hungary with an acute case of diarrhea that threatened to spoil the expensive day trips I had paid for. I apothecary recommended I take Lopedium brand capsules (only available in a few countries, not the USA). It after taking just two capsules and as needed for the remainder on the trip, with no side affects.. Imodium A-D is the US equivalent, I understand.”

CaptainCoolios · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2019

“I'm lactose intolerant but I really love cheese. I traveled to Paris recently, where I knew I'd be eating a whole lot of cheese. I took this at the start of my trip and I was in heaven. I could eat whatever I wanted, no diarrhea! This stuff is amazing!”

Coppertopcurls · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “The ONE and ONLY time this medication didn't work occurred when I had an infection in my intestinal tract which necessitated treatment with antibiotics. Otherwise it always works.”

susanw85 · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2013

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I had a bad bout of diarrhea and this medicine stopped it for me.”

BillB · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2018

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “PERFECT -- it always works when I need it.”

Globe trekker August 22, 2016

“Always have this handy when you travel and are at risk for food poisoning or bad water, it works great. Over the counter and very cheap.”

Learn more about Diarrhea, Acute