User Reviews for Loperamide to treat Traveler's Diarrhea

Also known as: Imodium, Imodium A-D, Anti-Diarrheal, Diamode, Kaopectate II, A-D Anti-Diarrheal, Neo-Diaral, Diar-Aid Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution

Loperamide has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Traveler's Diarrhea. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Loperamide Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Traveler's Diarrhea.

Carrell Photographer June 11, 2015

Imodium (loperamide): “I had loose almost diarrhea stools for almost three months after a trip to Florida. I began to seriously worry, so before going to a doctor took a dose (2 pills) of Imodium. I returned to normal in 2 days and have had no problem since. One dose fixed a 3 month long problem! Read the directions. It said to take a second dose after a second event of loose stools. I might have taken another dose that night after the first if I had read read the instructions carefully. I suspect some of the reviewers who had stomach pains might have done that, because I had NO discomfort. Just an almost miraculous immediate return to normal movements. Thank you makers!”

Very Pleased December 8, 2019

Imodium A-D (loperamide): “I just got back from Mexico 12/07/19 and would not have been able to board the plane if it were not for Imodium A-D. It absolutely saved my ass! I do not understand these complaints about packaging though it's quite simple, peel back paper cover and pop the thing through. The packaging matters very little to me considering I would still be in Mexico if it were not for this medication. THANK YOU!!! from the bottom of my bowels.”

Anonymous ยท Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2012

Imodium (loperamide): “It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains.”

Anonymous March 29, 2009

“It's great!”

Shifty March 29, 2021

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide): “It started to work within 90 Minutes.”

Learn more about Traveler's Diarrhea