User Reviews for Lupron

4.3
Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Lupron reviews 49 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Lupron

For Prostate Cancer "From the urologist, Lupron is a hormone to shrink the prostate prior to the x-ray treatments for cancer. I have lived with BPH for several years, and it did not shrink the prostate in my opinion. Subsequently, I learned from the Oncologist it was for lowering the PSA. and it did lower the PSA. The hormone was injected in the right and left gluteus muscles with the predicted soreness that passed with time. Three months prior to radiation; markers were placed in the prostate. After the markers were placed a second round of injections were required. This round resulted in a mistake, and the injection in the left gluteus resulted in the Sciatic nerve being punctured which has resulted in severe pain and soreness continuing to date."

Mr.Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Diagnosed with stage 4 with PC in my right hip. PSA for years was between 2.0 to 3.5. Went from 3.5 to 29 in one year ! I encourage all with a PSA of over 3.0 get a bone density test ! Started Luprone 30 day shot on July 5th 2016. First 3 months went from 29 to 3 so headed in the right direction. Bone pain reduced after first shot by more than 75%. Hot flashes around the clock roughly 10 to 12 a day with a intensity level of about a 5 or 6. Very annoying but tolerable. Miscellaneous aches and pains in joints and muscles. Occasional foggy headed and definitely wake up to much to pee. I'm trying Flo-max now I hope to see some improvement. Fatigue is real! I can't tell if this is harder on my Family than me! So far so good. God Bless to ALL!"

Mr Chuck October 26, 2016

For Endometriosis "I've been on Lupron for 8 months now. I have very very painful endo that has put me in the ER at least 50X in the last 5 years. I tried depo shot and continuous use of the Nuva ring before this. Nothing has worked, except Lupron. I do suffer hot flashes and a bit of fatigue/joint point around the time that would be my cycle. The first cycle on the injection was still hell, second I could still work :)! My doctor wants me on it for a while, as I'm only 23 and she does want to jump to a hysterectomy just yet. I'm scared to go beyond the recommended year of Lupron, but so far so good and it's the only thing that's given my life back. I hope that if you try it, it works for you. Though, we are all different."

Jenasis23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "My PSA was rising after RP to 0.59. Started radiation with Lupron. If you exercise really hard with lots of caffiene, no sugar in the morning and minimal sugar all day long with high quality food, then the effects of Lupron are minimal other than the muscle pain and some joint pain. Sex life is about once a month. The more you exercise, the more likely you are able to have a sex life. After six months on Lupron I can still have sex. I took Bicalutimide with my first shot. I highly recommend to avoid the hot flashes"

Grumbly September 30, 2016

For Endometriosis "Was prescribed Lupron after endo surgery since not all growths could be removed. I was very scared to be taking it after I read about it (I cried in doctor's office when getting the injection). But I ended up loving it. It stopped my periods and the pain, so my anemia was under control and I had so much energy! As for side effects, there was insomnia (but I was not tired from it, so it was OK) and hot flashes started after about two months - but that was nothing compared to the relief. I only got one 3-month shot, but the positive effects lasted for quite a bit. I hope to get another 3-6 months soon. I know there are risks to this, and everyone reacts differently, so I could not advise anyone to take it or not, but for me it was wonderful."

memememe! (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "I AM 87 AND HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH LUPRON FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS. I JUST HAD A CHECKUP AND MY PSA LEVEL WAS .430, MY LAST SHOT WAS IN APRIL. It is hard to tell when i will have another shot, i will check in with my doctor in four months, So far the only side effect is the hot flushing. It is fairly regular, last about 45 seconds or so and is a bit annoying, but considering it is keeping the cancer at bay i can live with it,"

tuppy August 30, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Diagnosed Stage 4 Prostate cancer-- July 2012--PSA=8 Radical Prostatectomy-- October 2012--PSA=0.6 Forty days radiation--April 2013---PSA=0.1 PSA=0.3---Jan 2015 PSA=1.0---March 2015 First Lupron Injection---April 2015--PSA=0.1 Second Lupron Injection--Oct 2015---PSA=0.1 Third Lupron Injection---April 2016---PSA=0.1 Fourth Lupron Injection---Oct. 2016--PSA=??? Lupron Injections accompanied by daily tablets of Bicalutamide. Side Effects: Penis shrinkage(afraid it will soon disappear), libido absent, hot flashes, some insomnia, increased neuropathy, some itching, inflammation in hands, extreme fatigue. All side effects manageable--beats being dead-- and has allowed me time to tie up loose ends and who knows--I may have years ahead!"

Nishpata August 5, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "8 months into Lupron plus Casodex and I am refusing the next 3 month shot. PSA went from 5.7 to .2 to .1 and am just finishing up 9 weeks of radiation. GL scores were mostly 9's but no metastatic found. To say a less common side effect is loss of libido is just plain BS. About a month after the first shot I was done with sex, doc said once the testosterone is gone that's normal. Little aches and pains linger, balls shrink, lost all hair under my arms and slow growing elsewhere. Sometimes seem in a fog mentally. Hot flashes like you wouldn't believe till they offered me other meds, which help somewhat, Put on 5 lbs of blubber below the belly. Lack of energy as well. It works but I think DRs. keep you on it too long for Stage 1 or 2 cancers."

Len Pitts July 13, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Been on this drug 15 months No libido at all day sweats night sweats and hot flashes irritability and erratic memory episodes PSA from 30 to .01 after radiation and continues today"

Tom 1 June 16, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "I was given 7 monthly injections of Lupron, given to me at my PCP's office each month. This was done for the fibroids I had and for the fact that I was on a plan to have an entire hysterectomy at the end of that 7 months. I bled very little really, but overall thats about the best thing I can say about that drug After every injection I was an emotional basketcase before I could even get back to my car from the doctors office--emotional to the hilt. I'd go home and then...become lost in my own surroundings in my own home. I would not recommend anyone who's planning on having a hysterectomy to use this 'pre-surgery' drug. Ever. I mean, its hard enough to have to get a hysterectomy to begin with, then make it harder on yourself?"

Ms. No-Research (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "This is pure poison, I have very bad side effects from this poison and the doctor said he can do nothing, the physical and mental pain is so bad , hot flashes, very high blood pressure, head aches every day, pain urinating, joint pain, mental confusion , brain fog, memory loss, total itchy all over, sleeplessness , very bad fatigued, and a lot more, my doctor never told me anything about this poison just injected my with a 6 month supply, at 6,000.00."

albert owens (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Nov. 2012 I had a double lung transplant. July 2014 I was told I had prostate cancer (this after several PSA's that never dropped below 4. My last was in the high thirties and I had had 3 biopsies). Had a radical surgery in November which included nerve scraping and removal of 11 lymph nodes. Post surgery I had no radiation but did have the long term Lupron injections twice. I was cancer free for a year and now it is back. Started Lupron again and the side effects are already out in full force (after 4 days). Because of my compromised immune system and the medications I must take for life and kidney issues as a result of the lung transplant I worry that the Lupron will not work. What would be an alternative treatment?"

WHEEZERWILL (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis and polycistic ovaries when I was just 16 years old. I'm now 22 and I've gone though 9 birth control pills and 9 different gynos. I had a laporoscip surgery when I was 17, which removed scar tissue and large cysts from my ovaries. After the surgery I was on birth control (seasonique which is wonderful for endometriosis) and up until a year ago I haven't had many issues with pains. I started to get the pains again, along with bleeding for 3 months on birth control, so I went ahead with Lupron. After reading up on it, I was hesitant, but moved forward. It stopped the bleeding, but the pain is still there and now my joints ache every day and also depression and suicidal thoughts are always there. Do not do it"

cakeandbacon March 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "I took it 8 years ago for fibroids, cysts, and severe endometriosis. I was on Lupron for a year after trying other options. I had hot flashes and joint pain, plus a lot of the other symptoms mentions. Calcium and Vit D helped with joint pain. The symptoms remained consistent while I was on the Lupron, however even with the side effects, the year that I was on Lupron was the best I have ever felt. FINALLY no more debilitating pain. I got pregnant after the 6 month weening off period and had two kids. If endo is an inconvenience for you, maybe not the best drug. If endo is ruining your life, some side effects and symptoms are worth getting your life back. I am on it again and grateful that there is something out there that gives me relief"

Trying again (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis after my 1st laparoscopy in june 2015. Following my 1st surgery i started Lupron injections in hopes to slow the endo growth. I had 3 rounds of Lupron causing terrible side effects which included but not limited to: fatigue, night sweats, mood swings, joint pain, severe abdominal pain, lack in sex drive, natural lubrication, anxiety.. Dec 2015 my 2nd laparoscopy and 6mths of Lupron left me with stage 3 Endometriosis. Doc wanted to continue with 6 MORE months of Lupron and another surgery. I declined such offer. I am very unhappy with how this drug effected my life.My body will never be the same after Lupron. Dont take this drug."

pose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer involving bones. PSA was 130. Gleason score is a pair of bad 7s (4 3) and a pair of 8s. Also undergoing chemo with docetaxel. I've had 4 of 6 scheduled treatments. I also have xgeva injection monthly and lupron quarterly. I've had one lupron injection and 3 xgeva injections. After 42 days PSA dropped to 2.9. Three weeks later it was .7. That's a 98% drop each time. Was urinating 12 times a day about 4 to 6 ounces at a time and storing 9 ounces all the time. First treatment was docetaxel, xgeva and lupron on same visit. Relief was almost immediate. Eliminating 12 to 14 ounces now 4 to 5 times a day. Also take prednisone twice a day until chemo is done. Side effects have been fairly nominal."

Tarheel82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Doctors just give it out like cough medicine. I have a from of muscular distrophy , lupron almost killed me and the doctors did not know what to do. 11 years later I am still having side effects from the synthetic hormone. doctors should realize that one size does not fit all."

Inspector ll (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "Received a 3 month injection 8/20 for heavy bleeding due to fibroids. Did not stop bleeding/spotting until middle of October. Now I need another dose and the price jumped from $10 (promo fee) to $1,100- $3,000. Needless to say I cannot afford the next round. Also had a headache for full 3 months. However, my doctor said it did shrink my fibroid enough to get the ablation I need."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Endometriosis "This drug should be taken off the market, It kills your immune system and the side effects never wear off. I had three injections in 2002 and am still suffering from what has happened to my body. The joint pain and hot flashes are unbearable. This medication has robbed me of enjoyment of life. It's only purpose is money for Big Phar and ease of surgery for the doctor. No Benefit to the patient at all. Do not take this, it will ruin your life."

cj200220022002 November 22, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Stage 2B prostate cancer. Proton beam therapy coupled with six months on Lupron. Dreaded getting the second 3-month shot. Side-effects: Almost total loss of libido and sexual function within 30 days--lasting for several months post usage; debilitating hot flashes (2X/hour, 24/7); 15 pounds of weight gain; 50% increase in cholesterol under same diet; dangerous liver impact (GGT > 130) w/o alcohol use; significant breast growth."

Etienne1 October 31, 2015

For Endometriosis "I've recieved my first round in June 2015. Almost immediately I started experiencing side effects. Headaches, weight gain, hot flashes,constant sweating,mood swings,made my depression worse, now swollen legs and ankles also severe joint pain. This is becoming unbearable and I'm rethinking doing the next cycle. It's help with my endometriosis, which I'm happy about but these side effects are a...."

Mauya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Endometriosis "I've been on lupron twice in 6years. The first time was 2008 & I didn't experience any symptoms. I was extremely happy about that. Like most of you reading all the side effects had me a little on edge. The second time my doctor suggested that I get on it (Dec2014) I agreed with no problem.. Hoping that will be the same experience as the first time.... Ohhhhhh but it wasn't, I had hot flashes, night sweats & weight gaining. I couldn't wait until those 6months were over.. Unlike the first time 3 months off lupron my cycle started & 2weeks later two cyst 7.5cm... I was devastated & in so much pain & b4 you knew it I was having surgery.. I'm 2days fresh out the hospital on lupron again... I pray this time I have a different outcome."

Miss Nana July 12, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Have been getting monthly Lupron 7.5 mg injections since July 2014 (just had my 8th injection). No hot flashes; some mood swings and I recently started having arm and leg cramps a few times a week. Taking Casodex 50 mg daily as well, so it's hard to know which to blame. PSA was 205 when I started these meds and is now 0.03. I believe the complete lack of hot flashes may be due to receiving the monthly vs 3 or 6-month injection dose. I hope this information helps others."

WWII Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Prostate removed - huge 350 cc- Gleason 7, PSA 15, radiation for 8 weeks, Lupron every 3 months for one year, every 6 months for the next year and a half. PSA has been less than 0.01 since initial radiation. Weakness, memory problems and hot flashes but no cancer. Treatment is worth the side effects. I feel very lucky. "

Rustymart (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

For Endometriosis "So far not any significant changes. Still feel terrible, back pain, legs ache, upset stomach. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014