User Reviews for Lemborexant

Also known as: Dayvigo

Insomnia 3.8

Reviews for Lemborexant

Anonymous January 20, 2021

For Insomnia: “This lemborexant medicine is terrible. I had a very bad experience. Could not move or talk for minutes off and on. Heart racing, headaches, and hallucinations.”

Sleepless in FL · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “First night trying this useless medicine. Took it two hours ago and I am more awake then when I took it, only now with a miserable headache. Add to that the hefty price (with good rx), $279.00 for 30 useless pills! Why don't Dr's, or in my case nurse practitioner, tell you the prices of medications prior to giving you a sample??!! I would NOT recommend this medication for any reason! I wish I could have given it a zero rating!”

Anne · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I took 5 mgs of Dayvigo last night for the first time for insomnia and experienced several nightmares over the course of the early morning hours. The nightmares were among some of the worst I've had, they were vivid and violent. I was also awakened early morning with lots of sweating, heart palpitations, and numbness in my hands. I will never take this medication again due to the horrific side effects and impact on my heart.”

Lauren · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have had insomnia my whole life and I haven’t found a long term effective treatment yet. I took Dayvigo 5mg for one night, right at bedtime. (10:30PM) I stayed wide awake all night feeling deeply tired with no possibility of sleep despite following proper sleep hygiene and CBT-I techniques. Eventually around 3AM I was feeling extremely depressed and having suicidal thoughts. These thoughts continued into the next day. For the entire day I felt numb and I now understand what real depression feels like. Otherwise I do not have clinical depression or a history of suicidality by any means. Interesting to note— I have ADHD and I find that stimulants are more likely to help me fall sleep rather than hurt. So perhaps a drug that inhibits wakefulness is not for me in the first place. I’m glad this works for some people, but do be cautious. If you do take it be aware there may be unpleasant side effects and have someone you can talk to.”

Fred December 28, 2020

For Insomnia: “Scary repetitive dreams after first dose, then the same thing on later use! Not for me, terrible upsetting dreams...”

will December 24, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I thought I went I had dropped into a live-in nightmare 2 times in one night. It scared me so bad when I finally woke up I swore I would never take this drug again. It was the most horrific dreams I've ever had. I took 1. 5 mil pill. I'm still shook up after taking this drug. I hope this helps some one. It is not for me. I have never been scared of meds un till now”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “Two years into trying script after script, all had side effects and reactions to other meds. Dayvigo has been by far the worst. Extreme nightmares and even worse, sleep paralysis. ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC, THE MOST TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE! Never again! I'm done with this stuff, I rather have three hours of restless sleep than this mind tripping.”

DS December 16, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “BEWARE. DO NOT USE DAYVIGO. I've been taking Ambien 10mg for approx 1.5 years and had no issues. My doctor suggested Dayvigo as an alternative. I gave it a go. Took the 10mg version 1 time and had the worst sleep of my life. The onset feeling was dizziness and very heavy eyes, I was laying down in bed and attempted to sleep. Within minutes, I experienced tremendous amounts of anxiety, feeling of racing heart, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, headache, restlessness, agitation. It felt as if I was on an upper and a downer at the same time. I tossed and turned. It was a miserable experience. After about 1.5 hrs of taking it, I forced myself to throw up in an attempt to rid my body of this toxin. This accomplished nothing as the drug had already been absorbed in my bloodstream. I drank a lot of water and ate food to try and minimize the drugs effects. The half life for Dayvigo 10mg is 19 hrs! So I'll have to be patient while my body metabolizes this awful substance.”

Suncrazy · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have had very bad insomnia for years. I have tried everything. Ambien and Lunesta make me forget everything. I started on Dayvigo 5mg and found that it made me feel like I was in a trance and I had some GI issues, HOWEVER, once I increased it to the 10mg dose, I feel asleep fast, get very restful sleep. Have no side effects, and while I may not sleep 8 hours each night, the sleep that I am getting is more restful. It feels like I am sleeping naturally like I did once upon a time!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I’ve been taking ambien 10 mg everyday for the past year. My dr wanted me to try Dayvigo. I’ve been taking for the past 3 nights and have not been able to fall asleep a single night - at all. I’m so exhausted. My entire body feels weak and restless. I haven’t felt drugged or affected at all even after taking the 10 mg. I’ve laid in bed just tossing and turning. I’ve cut down on caffeine and screen time to help with sleep hygiene, as well but still can’t sleep. I’ve tried to nap during the day but still just can’t fall asleep. My experience on this medication hasn’t been good. Hopefully everyone else has a better sleep and better experience than I have.”

Luapo December 11, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I tried Dayvigo 10 mg two times and slept for maybe 2 hours max with horrible nightmares both times. This drug should be taken off the market judging from the other bad reviews I’ve read.”

Sleepless in neb · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I've been taking Dayvigo for a month now. I have weird dreams, headaches, and anxiety. I take it with my trazadone 300mg. I seem to sleep much better but its hard to wake up sometimes. Groggy. I do wake up to pee and go back to sleep pretty well. I do take medicine for anxiety but lately after taking dayvigo I feel more anxious. Not sure if I will keep taking it.”

JJOY · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have tried literally everything on the market for insomnia. Was using Quetiapine, but I get next day grogginess a lot. My Dr. had some samples of Dayvigo and said it would be a more "natural" sleep and not knock me out. I am very tolerant to almost anything with a sedative effect. It took a while to kick in, but it was the most horrible "sleep" I've ever had. I had horrible, vivid nightmares and when I woke up I felt so drugged. I woke up so much during the night, but was so groggy I couldn't actually get up. It made me restless and I don't ever snore, but my husband had to leave because I was snoring so loud and he said I was sitting up and talking to him but I was obviously asleep. I will NEVER take this again. Throwing them in the trash.”

Mere050370 · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have taken Dayvigo once so far. I fell asleep right away. I woke up once to use the bathroom. But I fell right back to sleep. However I did wake up 2 am for no reason, took some time to get back to sleep. Woke up 630 as m, had to go back to sleep till 830 as I was not fully awake. I was waking up 1 am, 3 am, 4 am. So I guess I would consider this a victory. However I cant be sleeping till 830 every morning.”

Libra · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2020

For Insomnia: “I've read some comments how good this works out for some people. My doctor gave me some samples to use 5mg since the zolpidem that I normally take gives me just 3-4 hours of sleep. I took it just one night and stopped, I'd rather go back and take the zopidem and get a few hours of sleep instead none when I took the lemborexant, I got no sleep at all that night, went to the bathroom I think about 8 times, tossing and turning, my heart beat was pounding and racing at the same time. I also had some stomach reaction. I've never found any pill that can give me 8 hours of sleep for the last 5 years since my insomnia started, I really don't want to take any medications but with no sleep it's hard to get by throughout the day even though I still feel tired at the same time. I guess everyone is different on how their body reacts to drugs.”

Bondz · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “Since I've been taking this Dayvigo I've been getting headaches having memory loss and burning stabbing pains in my feet and bad joint pain in my legs. This medicine is the worst thing I think it should be taken off the market, some of the bad affects aren't even listed”

Eleni · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have never been able to just lay down and sleep. As I child I hated going to bed because of that. I have tried everything, Ambien, flurazepam, every holistic sleep aid with little or no help. Even if I eventually fall asleep, I don't stay asleep. My doctor gave me the Dayvigo 5mg sample box, advising I take one to begin, which I did. I slept like a baby. I woke up seven hours later to go the bathroom and went back to bed and slept another 3 hours. I was so sleep deprived. I feel a little groggy from sleeping so much and glad I didn't take two of the 5mg. I am beyond happy to find something that works for me.”

Sparky · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “After taking Dayvigo I wake up with headache and I'm groggy till about 1. I never did that with ambien. I stopped taking ambien because I was having memory loss so my doctor loves this sleeping pill better than any cause he says effects different part of the brain. I’ve only taken it 3 times. The best dose is 7 and half milligrams. I can’t deal with being groggy that long or headache but I’m going to stay on and see if I get use to it. Hoping it will be okay!”

ScentlessApprentice · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “My Dr started me on 5 mg at bedtime! Best sleep I have had in a very long time!”

Sunrise · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “Dayvigo works for me. At first I was skeptical because I had not had success with most other insomnia medications, but I found relief on Dayvigo very quickly. I hope it continues to work. I will be refilling.”

Luna · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I was prescribed Dayvigo after trying and falling everything under the sun (no pun intended), and nothing worked. The 10 mg dose was given to me because of my history with chronic and near debilitating insomnia. I can say after trying the full 10-day sample box I was given by my doctor that this medication WORKS. I used to take Ambien, but it lost its affect after about 30 days.”

Texas123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Dayvigo 10 mg for one month now and the only side effect is very vivid and bold dreaming. I wake up to go pee 1-2 times but I am able to fall back asleep very easily. I have worked nights as a nurse for 15 years and this medication works the best out of any I have tried. I am able to wake up easily with no grogginess throughout my shifts. I was able to get a sample packet from my primary care provider that had a 12 month savings card, medication is only costing me $30 a month for the next 12 months. My insurance would not cover any of the cost. When my 12 months is up, not sure I will be able to continue or afford this medication as the cost out of pocket will be $322 a month :( I sleep well on Dayvigo but I’m not willing to shell out $322 a month for it.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I have severe insomnia and have had no luck with Ambien, Lunesta, trazadone, and others. None of them worked. Dayvigo did. I have finally gotten sleep. No side effects. The first day I was a little groggy but that went away the next day. I do wake up a few times in the night to go pee but I fall back to sleep quickly which has NEVER happened for me. I hope this works for other people too. Oh I take the 10 mg pill.”

john · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I took the first tablet last night, I was restless did not sleep (may be slept for less than one hour) it is just not helping at all, Dayvigo is another failure just like Belsomra, and Rozarem. they do not help with Insomnia”

I’mTired · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

Dayvigo (lemborexant) for Insomnia: “I’ve taken this Dayvigo two nights in a row and I’ve been awake probably 6-7 times per night. The only time it feels like it’s being most effective is when I need to be waking up. I hate that I paid $35 for it when I could get ambien for $3. I’m not taking this again. It’s terrible. I have nothing good to say about it.”