User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Osteoarthritis 88 reviews 351 medications

5.9
Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 88 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Synvisc-One

For Osteoarthritis "Following on from my previous comments, it has been three weeks since I had the injections and the right knee drained (twice). After resting and icing for two weeks, I am now back to normal. No more popping/clicking. Started walking last week and slowly built up the distance. Walked 8km this morning and had no problems. Just needed to stretch before and after, which I should be doing anyway. Hope to get another 9 months out of it. Am willing to put up with 2-3 weeks of pain to get 9 months of relief (and a life)."

Didn't mind it September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Sept 2017-Looks like I am not alone. It has been 20 days since injection. I have fluid build up and cannot bend my knee. Finding it hard to walk as I cannot bend knee. I wished I read reviews before getting injection."

Gauchi (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had Synvisc 1 injection Sept 14 2017. Injection was very painful but well worth it. With injection and continued physical therapy 100% improved in first week. I did have acid refluxed 3 hours after the injection but I do have food allergies and discussed this with my Orthopedist before receiving the injection. This injection may not be for everyone but is definitely for me."

Miss Hat Lady September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have severe arthritis in my right knee I had arthroscopic surgery 20 years ago and now I am in need of a knee replacement. I have been getting Cortizone injections and thought I might try Synvisc . I Had first injection Monday, September 11 and the next day I had swelling and severe pain . I have been in pain since I can barely walk I didn't know I have this kind of pain before I had this injunction . And due to get another on Monday but I'm not going to do it I'm in too much pain it's not worth it !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first shot of Synvisc in my right knee in February 2016 as it kept clicking/popping due to OA. Found the first shot to be amazing. Was walking normally the next day. Six weeks later decided to have my left knee done. Again, amazing, I could walk without any problems. 6-7 months later I had both knees done at the same time. Lost some weight, rode exercise bike and walked a lot. This time, I had nine months of relief. Went back for third round. Had Synvisc in right knee and anther product in left. No problems with left knee, but right knee swelled up and had to be drained (twice). I had obviously built up a sensitivity to it. Right knee is back to clicking/popping every couples of steps, which is really annoying."

Didn't mind it (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I just got the injection at 4:30. It is now 6 PM and I can not walk on my leg. My side of my thigh hurts. The nurse took me to my car in a wheelchair because I could not walk. She said she has never seen anyone react that way. People get the injection and walk out. Not me. I will never get that injection again. The pain afterwards was horrible"

Veh August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am experiencing more pain 2 weeks post injection than I had prior to it. I have a great deal of stiffness. My knee is locked up and when walking will buckle under me. The injections are very painful, and the doctor must have irritated a nerve, because I'd have severe pain at the injection site from just brushing touch. Never, ever again!"

Pssdandinpain (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "After suffering acute hip pain ,femer odema, shock wave therapy,MRI scans revealed loss of cartilage and some arthritis ,I had a cortizone injection which worked for 2 weeks and back to 10/10 pain .I had the Synvisc-one injection which was very painful and had no effect for 4 weeks after which every day mobility improved and pain free movement ,with regular physiotherapy the mobility continues to improve every day after the treatment 4 months ago and I hope the results continue .100% recommend the product ,thanks so much for my improved quality of life ."

Snowy198316 August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had my first injection of Syn-visc 1 yesterday and have first total relief from knee pain in 10 years. The injection was not as painful as my cortisone injections. Hope I can stay pain free for a long time."

Anonymous July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "2nd Shot of Synvisc in 8 months. I had worse knee pain and discomfort and develop severe muscle hip pain. A $1000 a shot!! I feel that originally I had minimal relief but feel that this drug is overrated. I had to have a Cortisone shot which gave me comfort and relief from severe pain and it was only $20! If need be I can get one every (3) months but most people will receive the injection every (6) months. A new drug is going to be released soon after it's trial and it is called Ampe. I am hoping that it will be successful. No one wants to get their knee replaced and it is a final result . . ."

audio217 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "After making the mistake of reading reviews of this treatment on a few sites - I felt I had to share my experience. What I had read scared me and made me pretty anxious. First off - about me. Mid 50s - way overweight and the knee I was working with had torn cartilage removed in late 80s. Didn't work. Now bone on bone and it crunches when I bend or move it wrong way I had the Synvisc 1 treatment 2 days ago and it started with a needle for the freezing. Then a needle for the steroid. Finally the S1. When it was done, I felt good - no pain or anything so I attributed that maybe to the freezing. Pain is now almost gone - very little bone crunching. GP said 2-3 wks for full potential. Cant wait. I recommend but every individual is different"

Canada Fat Guy (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I received the synvisc one injection 3 months ago, it did not help my pain ,it causes me more pain and suffering. I barely can walk or sleep. The back of my knee after waking up to start my day, I can't bend my knee without extremely pain. A week after injection I had started dragging my leg because the pain is unbearable. How can I have this injection removed from my knee. I can't live with this very very very very bad pain from the synvisc one injection. the back and front of my knee is agony."

I don't have a nickname June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I'm not entirely sure which Synvisc injection I just received in both knees, perhaps Synvisc-One as the physician said it could provide pain relief for up to 6 months... I was, periodically, taking Ibuprofen when my knee pain flared up. Anyway, immediately after he injected both knees they felt much better. I thought, maybe, there was some type of Novocaine combined with the injection, but I think the pain relief was most likely just the Synvisc. It's now been almost 48 hours since the injections and I would say my pain reduced dramatically and immediately. I hope it does last for up to 6 months. Your "mileage" may vary, but I hope it works as well for you as it seems to be doing for me. -Nat-"

Anonymous June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had this injection, and I am now very crippled. The pain is intense. I cannot recommend this treatment. I wish I had never done it. Insult to injury it is expensive, and I am stuck paying for it."

Sierrafox (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first Synvisc-One injections in both knees 4 weeks ago. Had the recheck with the Ortho today. Pain improvement took 3 days. Some mild heat and swelling the day after but didn't last long. Injection site was a bit painful for about 3/4 days but completely tolerable. The Dr's projection is that I should get 6 months out of. These injections help me tremendously! My knees aren't 100% but never will be again anyway. My mobility and pain level improvement is easily 60% if not a bit more. I'm thrilled! Ortho specialist has recommended bicycle or eliptical as appropriate exercise. Very happy there has been this much improvement in such a short time!"

jamaicaluvin (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have had one problem since I was 10. Patella dislocations. I am 43 and had a partial knee replacement already. They knew that had not had any surgeries and recieved the SYNVISC shot. The worst pain ever. Someone had to hold my leg. I could barely stand and limped in horrible pain. My leg has a big bruise and knot where the shot was administered and the pain had been the same. Praying the pain subsides but I don't have months to wait for relief.I don't think I'll be getting another. The pain had me crying on the bus ride home and I have a high pain tolerance."

Busy Bronx Gamma (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "The cost was $2000 for a single injection and there was no improvement in my level of pain. I would like to know if this charge is normal for this product. Just because Medicare paid for it doesn't mean there shouldn't be value received."

Minnieddo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I too, had a similar experience. My first injection given to lateral knee site with mild stiffness and pain. My second injection given to inner part of knee with severe stiffness and pain, this was Wednesday. I called the doctor to report my symptoms and he prescribed Toradol on Friday same week. I've been limping struggling to get around with minimal relief and the swelling and stiffness is still there. I also had a low grade fever. It's now Sunday and I will be calling my doctor on Monday. I wondered if it was because of the different location, but I don't know. I watched a video on the internet by a doctor explaining and performing the injection procedure. He said the injection needs to be given in a very precise area of knee laterally preferred."

Bern d May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "1st injection= mild swelling then relief. Injection 2 = intense swelling and pain. Synovitis. Had to get a steroid shot. Injection 3= they felt maybe the 2nd injection was in the wrong place and wanted to try again I did. Worse swelling and pain. It is not a suck it up buttercup thing. I am an ironman and have had surgeries. This is abnormal and swelling to the degree of not being able to bend my knee to 90 degrees. Nor straighten. It is painful and tight. Bad reaction not good and not normal. Now I will be at the Doc Monday 72 hrs post injection b/c I am so swollen I can hardly function. He will draw fluid off and give me a steroid injection. This is awful anyway - too common."

Trifitgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "The first two nights, I could sleep on my side without pain, but the third night I could not and the third and fourth mornings I woke up with sharp pain in both knees making it difficult to walk. This is actually worse than before I had the injections. Am I expecting too much? When can I expect the pain to go away or at least not be present with every step I take?"

Jonnithan (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I need bi-lateral knee replacement but due to being only 50 we are trying to put it off if we can. Had both knees injected April 24/17. No numbing used and the injections were quite unpleasant. I'm on day 4 and feel minimal difference in the right knee and still have dreadful pain in the left. Unless something changes in the next couple of days I most likely will not do this again. Have opted to get the surgery."

L.Dub April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Its been 3 weeks since my first Synvisc One injection in both knees, left knee unbearable pain since day of injection. Pain in places I didn't have before. Pain behind my knee and down my leg, can't sleep, walk or barely drive without pain. I am a professional dog walker and this was supposed to help not hurt. Will never get again! (I'm 42, severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees, have had 4 years of cortisone injections every few months, and take anti inflammatory prescription daily, have tried physical therapy 3 times) I guess I will just wait for knee replacements, and put my life on hold until then."

AmyJo Dog Walker (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "The pain went away for about 2 weeks and then the pain came back strong. I think the Synvisc one doesn't do what they say it does. There needs to be another form of injection without having to go to the doctor 5 weeks in a row that will last a true six months this Synvisc one shot was not worth the money that they charge the health insurance and myself"

Cooper992 April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Cost me $700.00 and it did absolutely nothing. Waste of money. My Mom and cousin had the same results."

GZach April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I was told I had osteoarthritis and surgery is not an option on my knee due to my age. I had the cortisone shot in August. It did nothing. Therefore, I had the Synvics-one in March. Oh my god, there ought to be law that ALL doctors should be frank with their patients, who are in severe pain and seek relief. Low and behold, I had the shot which was somewhat painful, but bearable. The first night I was in agony...could not sleep for the pain. It has been a week, and severe stiffness has set in. A friend recommend Blue emu for the pain, and Tylenol. The Blue Emu helps, but the pain (which is as worst as last week) is beginning to subside during the day. At night...just horrible, I awake ever two to three hours with pain! Never!!!"

ADINMEOELN2 March 8, 2017