User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Osteoarthritis

Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 5.9 125 reviews

Reviews for Synvisc-One

CarrieAnn July 9, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had two prior series of Synvisc 1 injections and had some relief. I get lidocaine shot before each injection to help with pain. This third series has been awful. I have been in agony and have not been able to walk. My left leg calf muscles felt like they were being ripped apart. I was literally in tears daily. I did tell the medical staff of my pain. Third injection was almost two weeks ago and I am still in agony much of the time. Only when I have a full dose of prescription and OTC pain meds, plus lidocaine and other topical applications, in my system do I get relief. And I have to be very careful as to how I move, so as to not jar the leg and start the pain. I have been worse off than I ever was before."

AnimalFlower · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Just to placate some fears after reading these reviews I'm glad I didn't read them BEFORE my injection yesterday. It absolutely did not hurt at all, just a little uncomfortable/weird sensation as it went through the fibres into the joint . My Dr used the ultrasound before /during /after. Today - 12 hours later - feels 'full' and a little swollen but definitely no pain."

Carly · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had a great experience. No pain. A little swelling, but that is all. I will do it again."

Corky · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "It did not hurt, but now I need another Synvisc-One shot after 1 month."

Sage K · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "This was a terrible experience for me. I had the Synvisc injection and the next day I was super anxious and weepy. This anxiety lasted 7 days. I am normally none of those things. Over the next 2 weeks my knee was painful, stiff, and I had to use crutches to walk. The injection did not work and I will not have another Synvisc injection again."

Fish · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had a Synvic One shot on 4-16-2019 in my right knee. This isn’t the first time but it will be the last time. Today is 6-10-2019 and I still can’t bend it and limp terribly. I just want to cry. My quality of life has went down hill since I got this last shot. I called the orthopedic doctor who gave me the shot and I was seen last week and he was very short with me and said what did you expect you are bone on bone. You need a complete knee replacement. I asked for a sonogram or MRI to see if the medication had done something since I have had these shots before and worked wonderfully. He said "do you want pain meds" I said "no I want my old knee back". I ended with a prescription for steroids again. Never offered either test and I have private insurance. Lot # from injection 8RSL056. Maybe it’s time for a second opinion!!!! If anyone has anything that they have done to make your knee feel better please share."

Narci · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I have had bone on bone knees for many years and cannot have replacements since I have too many back problems to go through rehab. My knees have been in constant pain for at least 10 years and narcotic pain meds do little to help. I went for Synvesc One shot in each knee 6 days ago and the pain is so unbearable all I can do is lie in bed and cry. I am doing ice but no help. It feels like a knife stabbing my left knee joint and that’s bad enough but my right leg from thigh to calf feels like the muscle is being ripped apart. I have had 2 major back surgeries and have rods in my lower back and never had pain like this. Before the pain would keep me in bed with ice about 3 to 4 days but this time I hurt worse every day. Please be aware these injections work well most of the time but things can go horribly wrong for no rhyme or reason."

Machaon May 28, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Wife, 74, has Bilateral primary osteoarthritis of knees She has been on Euflexxa, three shots over three weeks, every six months, for the past few years with excellent results. We switched insurance and the new insurance insisted on Synvisc or Synvisc One. She went into the Clinic this morning to get her Synvisc One injection. The Physicians Assistant (PA) had a trainee with her and explained that you have to feel for the soft spot adjacent to the knee cap to determine where to inject. My wife felt more pressure than she had experienced with the Euflexxa, and a little soreness, but almost no pain. She felt better after the injection and was able to walk out of the hospital and return home no more than the normal discomfort. She is currently icing her knees and, so far, is very pleased! I know it is early, but it went really well and gives us hope that the osteoarthritis in her knees won't get progressively worse."

Shera May 21, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Just had my first injection of Synvisc-One yesterday. I have a high tolerance for pain but it was terrible. So sad I did not read reviews. Doctor said it could not make me worse and believe me the Synvisc-One has made my knee worse. I have much more pain and swelling then before along with the stiffness and popping. It’s horrible. I will not get the remaining two shots."

Maggiebee · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Had the Synvisc one injection 3 weeks ago for osteoarthritis in my knee. The pain I had before the injection was nothing to the pain I’ve had since the Synvisc. I had fluid drained from my knee last week and it’s swollen again, like a balloon waiting to burst. I’m allergic to steroids and most pain meds and taking ibuprofen is like peeing on a forest fire. Getting the Synvisc injection was a huge mistake for me and has made my knee worse not better"

prettyrott · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I will never do Synvisc-One again. First injection got mild flu like symptoms. Some pain relief, a little better movement and some swelling for about 2 months. Six months later get second injection, got flu like symptoms again, only much worse along with swelling in my knee and no pain relief. Cortizone injections to help counteract the second injection only lasted about a month."

Mom in pain · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had injections in both knees today of the Synvisc One. This is third time in a year and half. First one injection no problems, no side effects but little sore afterwards for a day. After second one had stiffness and pain for few days. I called office was told to use ice. After three days it was better just little sore. Had third one in both knees today and OUCH! Right knee didn’t hurt much due to it being numbed before they did it. Left hurt. I was sore walking out but ok. About three hours later my knees are stiff, excruciating pain, hurting all the way down to feet, swelling. I cannot get up from sitting position. Cannot bend knees they are so stiff. Walking is horrible and need help with legs not wanting to move. I’m elevating with ice. I need relief "

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Had a scooter accident in Bali in 2011 landed my whole body weight on my right knee now I’ve been told I have Chondral degeneration So on 1/3/19 I had the synvisc-one injection done and the doc did a CT scan first but didn’t use an ultrasound guidance to inject. I’ve had the worst experience! This is worse than the accident I think! The pain has been horrendous I ended up on heavy steroids to reduce the fluid build up it was so bad I’m now pushing 5 weeks this Friday and still can’t walk for more than a few hours without it blowing my knee up again I finally thought I was getting better but still I’m suffering. I’ll never ever have another synvisc injection again Seeing knee specialist tomorrow to see if there’s something that can be done to help relieve the pain as I can’t tolerate anything more than anti inflammatories or panadol"

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I’ve had osteoarthritis in my shoulder for 3 years and the synvisc injection reduced the pain by 75%. That’s a lot, it’s been 3 weeks and my shoulder is so improved. There are a few drawbacks, it is expensive and it it not covered by my insurance. I’m not sure how long it will last but if I get relief for 6 months, I’m willing to do it twice a year to avoid surgery."

Gina · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "Chrondomalacia in both knees with meniscal tears and loss of cartilage. First two weeks post injection my knees felt great. 3rd week my knees began to hurt again with sharper pain than before. I am currently in the ER because my left leg is so stiff and painful I can't bend or straighten my left leg. Only came to the ER because the right is starting to stiffen up."

Rossco · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first injection two weeks ago into my left knee. I started suffering pain immediately after the numbing used during the injection had worn off. The pain I am experiencing is much worse than what I had prior to the treatment. I am having to take anti-inflammatory pain killers just to be able to walk, whereas prior to the treatment I only used them when my knee was sore after being on my feet for a while. I have had ACL reconstructive surgery and my knee has deteriorated over time and this was done in an effort to delay knee replacement surgery. I will not be getting anymore injections."

Amyred · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 1, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "This is a miracle. I want it in my whole body. I had 3 rounds of injections in 2010, to avoid knee replacement. I had orthoscopic in 1997 and wanted to avoid time of work for recovery (I'm a waitress and on my feet constantly) my specialist recommended synvisc. I researched it and asked coworker who had tried it. Since the injections my knee has only ached maybe 10 times."

Pam December 29, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I got the shot the first time and I had no issues. The second time I had an adverse reaction. Many people on this thread are saying they had chills constant pain they couldn't walk they couldn't get around, their knee blew up and soreness. That is enough adverse reactions. You need to go to your doctor and get the fluid drained off and they have to be aware that you had an adverse reaction. I've been to the doctor twice for that and it has been extremely painful. Really I should have got the medicine in three different doses since I have arthritis so bad but they never really informed me. I had an option so I always took it one dose. No longer. I learned a lot from this last experience and I just want to share with you that if you do have any uncomfortable feeling and swelling, pain and fullness and any other symptoms I described that is an adverse reaction. You may see more and more of these especially if you get it repeatedly so please be careful and be informed."

Minniekitty · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have had OA for many, many years. Have bone on bone with one clean up 20 years ago. Yes, I need replacements but trying to hold off. I had cortisone and they lasted, maybe a month. Three weeks and one day ago, I had Synvisc1 injections. Yes, they hurt. Yes, the left knee was swelled and painful. But....I woke up this morning, three weeks and one day since my injections..wow!! The pain has been reduced immensely. I can't say how excited I am! Doctor suggested I have a cortisone booster in January...I can do that!!!! I've read comments that some shots lasted 6-9 months. I'll take that. I am a caregiver for my husband and now I have some relief!!!"

Purplegreengrass · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2018

"I had the synvisc injection and exactly 30 days later my knee was swollen. Couldn’t bend, drive, barely walk. Dr ordered an MRI it was clear. Doctor drained my knee and said it was an allergic reaction to this gel injection. Started to swell again within the hour of having it drained. Call his office and was told this can happen and to just stay off my knee. Ice, ibuprofen. I just don’t understand how I can get an allergic reaction to something that’s been in my body for 30 days. This was a mistake I should have never tried this."

Westie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had Synvisc put into both knees at the same time as I had arthroscopy on left knee. Both knees felt like they had lumps of concrete in them for 6 mths. They were heavy and my movement was restricted and painful. Never ever ever again !!"

Texasathlete · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "55 year old male with arthritic knee. Had one Synvisc one injection July 30th 2018 (Lot number 8rslo11). I was in hospital with infection 2 days later with 3 arthroscopic surgeries to clean out infection. I contracted staph aureus bacteria in blood from injection. I can't walk, I have horrible pain, swelling in thighs, myocitis (muscle inflammation) due to infection. In hospital 20 days. May not be able to have knee replacement in future due to this infection."

Paul · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have been getting the synvisc one shots for years. The first time I had the 4 shots. After about a month I was doing great.. it lasted about 2 years. Then my next shot lasted about a year. I went to every 6 months with the shots and now I am back to one each year. This medicine is about the best.. it works for me. Thanks to my Doctor and this medicine I am able to keep working and living a normal life."

Fat stew · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have bilateral knee osteoarthritis that responded well to cortisone, but after 3 courses, the relief only lasted 1 month. I chose synvisc-one (single injection) and just received my fourth dose. The previous injections lasted 6 months and they are a blessing! Yes, one dose has a lot of pressure, but you are done. I am one of the lucky ones who has virtually had no complications with any injections. I am back to playing pickleball after 48 hours! I strongly recommend synvisc-one when cortisone stops working; to delay surgery as long as possible."

Trayann · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 4, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Had first round of shots in left and right knees last year which lasted 9 months. Due to my limited mobility and obesity Doc recommended I do low impact water aerobics and NO MORE pavement walking. The shots worked with 80 % relief and hardly any sharp pains or clicking only once is a while if I turned funny the knees would "catch" so this med was great! Lost 38 pounds in 9 months now walking on trails again and able to do slow flow and fundamental yoga so have moved up from just swimming! Ready to lose the last 60 pounds! Had second shots today and my legs felt very fatigued walking a mild 20 min stroll tonight. I have a headache and a little nausea but not bad. Doc advice was to get as light and lean as possible in a healthy weight range. I look forward to it - that's my plan. Best of luck and light to us all!"