User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Osteoarthritis 67 reviews 350 medications

6.1
Summary of Synvisc-One reviews 67 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Synvisc-One

For Osteoarthritis "Its been 3 weeks since my first Synvisc One injection in both knees, left knee unbearable pain since day of injection. Pain in places I didn't have before. Pain behind my knee and down my leg, can't sleep, walk or barely drive without pain. I am a professional dog walker and this was supposed to help not hurt. Will never get again! (I'm 42, severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees, have had 4 years of cortisone injections every few months, and take anti inflammatory prescription daily, have tried physical therapy 3 times) I guess I will just wait for knee replacements, and put my life on hold until then."

AmyJo Dog Walker (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "The pain went away for about 2 weeks and then the pain came back strong. I think the Synvisc one doesn't do what they say it does. There needs to be another form of injection without having to go to the doctor 5 weeks in a row that will last a true six months this Synvisc one shot was not worth the money that they charge the health insurance and myself"

Cooper992 April 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Cost me $700.00 and it did absolutely nothing. Waste of money. My Mom and cousin had the same results."

GZach April 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I was told I had osteoarthritis and surgery is not an option on my knee due to my age. I had the cortisone shot in August. It did nothing. Therefore, I had the Synvics-one in March. Oh my god, there ought to be law that ALL doctors should be frank with their patients, who are in severe pain and seek relief. Low and behold, I had the shot which was somewhat painful, but bearable. The first night I was in agony...could not sleep for the pain. It has been a week, and severe stiffness has set in. A friend recommend Blue emu for the pain, and Tylenol. The Blue Emu helps, but the pain (which is as worst as last week) is beginning to subside during the day. At night...just horrible, I awake ever two to three hours with pain! Never!!!"

ADINMEOELN2 March 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I received the Synvisc-One injection in early February in both knees. The injection was extremely painful for one knee. It's a month later, I'm still in pain especially at bedtime. Lots of pain/stiffness in my calves and behind my knees. Not sure if I would receive another injection. Can surgery be worse?"

JDM II March 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "This injection is only effective if you have mild arthritis. If you have almost no cartilage left it is useless. I wish I had known this before I tried this injection. I have moderate-severe arthritis and got a week or 2 of relief."

Tried it March 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Complete relief for 6 months now. I have taken the shot 4 times every 6 months.no side effects"

Maj735 February 9, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Not really sure. Had a cortisone shot first which did nothing. I then tried the synvisc one. I really didn't have much pain from the injection. I still have pain but it's not as bad as it was. It's been about a week and a half since I've gotten it. From what I've read it may take Month to get full relief. Will report back later."

Anonymous January 29, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Having lost a quarter shape size of cartilage in my right knee, so bone on bone in that one and in the left knee advanced osteo which hurts more than the right, I know about pain. Synvisc is the best! I take 3 shots over 3 weeks ( 2ml per injection) and it lasts anywhere from 3-5 months. The lasting relief is that I don't get pain from walking or sudden nerve pains in the duration. everyone is different but I just get the shots done, no numbing..that's just silly cuz it's only a needle for God's sake. Yes, I sometimes get swelling after shots but reading some claims about "ruining my life" and "pain" is really foreign to me. I really like Synvisc, it greatly improves my quality of life. My advise is to "suck it up buttercup" get the shots."

Jason O (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "The first time I had a synvisc shot it worked really well with no side effects. The second time I had a shot in both knees and was in a pain, had cramping in my calves and was pretty miserable for about 2 weeks. Now I have popping in my knees as if the fluid got underneath the knee cap or around that area so every time I walk my knees pop and it drives me crazy. I never had this before I got my last shots, so now not only do I have osteoarthritis due to loss of cartilage I now have another complication with every step. I don't believe I will have another shot, and I wish there was some sort of compensation for this."

Cricketb53 January 5, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "A very pleasant experience, some strange sensations but they were expected. Got the injection December 21, 2016 @ my Ortho's office. Very happy. Used a recumbent bike today at the gym the first time in 6 months without my unloader brace."

McDonell (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have had 2 injections over the past year. I am reading many reviews where there is pain when the injection is given! The doctor numbs the knee, but the injection is very painful. This pain lasts several hours and I do have swelling. Once the initial pain and swelling is over, I feel the Synvisc is working. I was having pain up and down the right leg radiating from the knee. That pain is gone and I am able to take my daily walks. I am 62 and led a very active and athletic life. Though I can't run the half-marathons anymore, my daily life is pretty normal with minimal knee pain."

RRN482 December 27, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I'd gotten the synvisc 1 shot injection annually the past 2 years. I went in on 10/16 to get a preventative shot and since my insurance deductibles had been met for the year, I wanted to get it before end of year. My knee began swelling up as soon as I got home, with lots of pain. I went in a day later and have him drain it, then a couple days later and had him drain it again. I never got any infection however, the Dr stated that around 5% of the patients will have a bad reaction.. It's now Dec'16 and I still have pain (no swelling, just burning/pain on inside of the knee). Some days worse than others.. some days I can walk without much pain, other days, hurts like hell to walk on it. Also hurts while sleeping.. some night worse than others. NO MORE"

rcz58z (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Not sure why all of these negative experiences. 59 years old with osteoarthritis in both knees, bone on bone inside left. Arthroscopic surgery two years ago to clean left helped with swelling and some pain. Taking shots every six months in both knees for two years. Definitely works......... received my black belt in martial arts earlier this year and never would've accomplished that without the shots."

JRPJR** (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Originally I had SynviscOne injection 4/2016, & although it took about 6+ wks for my knees to feel full benefit, I was pain free about 4-5 months. It was great!! (Not everyone experiences the same benefit for the same amount of time, I was told.) I started getting knee pain pretty badly again late Aug & by mid-Sept. I couldn't take the pain so I got steroid injections in both knees. My insur only allows 2 SynviscOne injections/yr. By the end of Oct. the steroid injections had worn off so I got another SynviscOne injection each knee. It's now 6+ weeks later (Dec. 10) & haven't had much relief to speak of. I'm hopeful in next 10 days or so I'll feel more relief, but honestly it's the best med I've had for my knees."

tucsongirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Acute pain and swelling 6 hrs after the injection , unable to walk, difficult to sleep. Can't bend my knee and in absolute agony. Day 5 and my entire life is on hold as it very difficult to move, wish I would never have had the shot- dangerous!!"

Anonymous December 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "My poor left knee was just ruined, to the point that I had to stay off of it for two weeks, then hobble to the Doctor's office on crutches. Osteoarthritis, the bane of people over 60. I got a shot in the knee (just a tiny sting for a few seconds). This has been like a miracle. I'm not ready to take up tap dancing, but 90% of the pain was gone by the next day. Its just been wonderful, and I'm SO glad I went to the doctor, instead of being stubborn and refusing to go."

Bippo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I just experienced my first Synvisc injection yesterday. It was my first time with Synvisc after previously having a cortisone injection in my right knee. The cortisone offered no relief at all, plus I experienced redness in my face and agitation to the point that I couldn't sleep for two days. My initial apprehension with the Synvisc shot was over how the actual shot would feel. Bravery is not my strong point!. I have not had enough time to evaluate how well it works yet but I can already feel an improvement. They drained a lot of fluid from my knee beforehand which I hear helps it work. The actual procedure and shot was virtually painless. The P.A. took his time and honestly, I didn't even feel a little pinch. I was very very pleased."

BigJoeD57 November 5, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Was geting corizone shots every 4 months to stop the pain but doctors said it was too often. Had 1st synviscone shot may 18 and it has given my life back.no pain and a lot of functionality. Getting second shot this week after 6 months."

rst123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had 4 rounds of Synvisc-One injections and took the last one May 31,2016 . It's been 5 months and I can barely walk .. I cannot straighten my leg and walk with a limp . These injections are not good. Wish I read reviews 1st. I Do Not recommend these injections at all . Wish I had just had the surgery"

Mrs. Tyler (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Knee surgery in March for(I was told)severe Arthritis and two Meniscus tears. The recovery and therapy was awful! My doctor kept giving me Cortisone shots, then he suggested the Synvisc, I finished the Synvisc treatments in July and I STILL have horrrible pain daily! I can't sleep through the night without the pain, unable to stand on my own without holding on to something, and every visit to a store, I look for a basket, just to have something to hold on to. The surgery was a FAIL and all the doctor will say is "you had extensive arthritis, I had to do a lot of work once I got inside of your knee". I am no longer able to straighten my knee out, I can't walk straight which has now thrown my back out of whack! It didn't work!!!!!!!!"

MsCltb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Had plica band arthroscopic resection done and had post op cortisone injections which only lasted one month. I then went back for Synvisc One injection which lasted four months. I'm going back for an other injection of Synvisc. It really helps in my case anyway."

Pep9876 October 25, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have had about 4 rounds of both knees with synvisc one. I have cortisone shots done at same time. My Dr. Is great. He sprays a cooling spray first then numbs one side. Does the same to other side. He then injects cortisone and synvisc one with just one needle. Doesn't hurt really. I always ask for the cooling spray! Lol!! I guess everyone at this office asks for the cooling spray."

anderson61207 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "I have always been a very active person. But I started to get a bulge around my left knee. Really not painful untill I got back into heels. Then it ached. . So I stepped down to my sneakers. If I did extreme lifting and carrying cases of water upstairs thet would ache. But I started hearing the grinding of my knee. I made an appointment with ortho doc.,got MRI done of my knee. I needed a knee replacement! But I wasn't ready yet even though I am getting up there, I surprise people all the time with what I still do. ......Got the shots,one in each knee. No big deal. 6 weeks later,I cannot walk,using crutches,in enormous pain. Knees so swollen and hard. Can't bend them. What do I do now?"

Lovemycats33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis "Been receiving Synvisc injections approximately every 6 months for last 3+ years. They help tremendously. There is always a little soreness and swelling of the knee for about a week after injection but then I get 6 months of pain free activity. That's a pretty good trade-off if you ask me."

Nan - 56 y/o female (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016