User Reviews for Synvisc-One

Learn more about Synvisc-One.

Synvisc-One Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 230 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Synvisc-One to treat Osteoarthritis

"For years I have been in so much pain in my knees and legs that I can hardly walk and spend most of my time sitting on the couch. My doctor used a numbing spray and the shots weren't painful. However by the time I went to bed both knees were hurting so much I had trouble sleeping. My right knee was bone on bone and hurt the most. Now both knees hurt just to sit, my bones, muscles and tendons hurt; I can't straighten my legs. I have to have help to stand up from a sitting position. Walking is agony, so I'm still sitting on the couch but now I'm in constant pain. There is no relief. My legs hurt at night while I'm sleeping. I am also so tired I can hardly stay awake and I am extremely nervous and shakey. Getting out of bed is a nightmare."

tresvick September 26, 2016

"Last month Aug 24th my left knee operation has done for meniscus tear. Post operation doctor suggested synvisc one. It's cost 17991 rupees in Vijayawada. I was shocked finally I got the injection on my left knee. Before going to injection I red all the reviews in websites about the injection I feel like it badly hurts. After this all those things finally yesterday 20th Sep 2016 went to hospital taken the injection there is no pain and all like small mosquito bite. Thanks"

Mahesh katragadda 442 (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

"I had the Synvisc-One shot in early May, hoping to be able to dance at my Granddaughter's wedding. I had been walking 2 miles a day, five times a week before I had the shot. Within 72 hours, I was in horrific pain. I sent my husband out to get a walker. 3 weeks later, I wore a knee brace to the wedding, with a tens unit beneath it to mask the pain. When I called the doctor, he prescribed pain medication. I didn't get it filled. I will not get hooked on pain meds. I have a friend I taught with get hooked on pain meds, and it wasn't pretty. Anyway, it is now the end of August, and I still have pain in my knees just sitting in a chair or lying in bed. Wished I had read these reviews BEFORE having the shot!!!!!!!"

Granjan7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

"After having a few cortisone shots and not much luck or longevity with them, my Dr asked me try the Synvisk 1and I was reluctant at first but when you have 100% bone on bone in one knee and 75% bone on bone in the other I was willing to try anything. I had to wait also to be approved by Wellness Blue Cross Blue Shield. It was finally approved and i had the shots in late July. I'm 49 yrs old and a bigger heavier man and I made my 15 yr old son come in to watch. It hurt like heck. My son was shocked to see me wincing in pain the entire time. It takes a little while to get it all in your knee as well. Then to my other knee I gripped the table and said my god nobody said they were this painful. Swelled up so bad for a week. Never helped me."

big johnson August 25, 2016

"I have had the injections of synvice 3 times so far the first time I got the injection it worked pretty good after about 3 weeks it made me pain free for about two to three months the second and third time I had the injections I did not feel a thing even after 3 weeks I'm going back to cortisone next time."

Mikey d 130 August 21, 2016

"Omg!!.. im 25 yrs old and 2 months post knee surgery. I continued to have pain due to arthritis in my knee my Dr gave me the synvisc-1 shot and im now 3 days post my shot(8-9-16) i feel sooo much better and can walk sooo much better. I was nervous after reading reviews but i have one of the best Drs in the nation here in LA so i trusted him.. Everyone's body is different and will receive medications differently so i try not to go off of reviews. I cant wait until a few more weeks from now to see how much better i am."

Dray24 August 12, 2016

"After years of knee problems and taking cortisone I was recommended by a knee specialist to try Synvisc One injections. After approximately $635 and an extremely painful injection (much more painful than cortisone) I had absolutely no relief whatsoever just a waste of time and money. Now I am back on cortisone injections until they can come up with another alternative :("

Stick 1 August 11, 2016

"I had a SynVisc1 shot 10 days ago. Was so looking forward to it as the cortisone shot I had gotten before it lasted a short 2 months. I had tried earlier to have the shot but Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield would not approve it til I tried other options. So then the cortisone was done. Then they approved it. It was a pain thru Wellmark. And a bigger pain when the SynVisc1 was done. Excruciating pain! Thought I was gonna pass out! Barely made it to my car. I am in much pain. Can't bend my knee. Shooting pain from tip of toe to butt. I am waiting impatiently. Some people say they got theirs done with an ultrasound guidance. I did not. I question if he hit the spot. He is one of the top orthopeds in Cedar Rapids. Said may take 30 DAYS!"

wife of a farmer. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

"Had it done 26 hours ago and immediatly felt better, much more movement, almoest painfree. My only problem is that i'm so used to walk sparing my knee that I do not walk ""normally"" yet. There is alway the scariness of sudden hurt but I'm feeling more confident by the hours and was told it take around 6 week to be fully effective. My doctor is amazing and did not feel the needle or maybe like a moskito bite. I have not had any side effect besides comfort yet. but agin it's been 26 hours."

raymond060 June 30, 2016

"I got the Synvisc One shot on my left knee 6/7/2016. I was nervous after reading some of these stories. I felt a little pressure and felt fine. I elevated and iced it for two days. Day 3 I was doing the "Happy Dance." My knee feels great!"

Dymond June 22, 2016

"I got this shot on march 17 2016,it was a preventative measure because my knee is bone on bone and I would get a cortizone shot every 6 months.24 hrs after the shot, my knee swelled up and the pain was incredible and I could'nt walk. 3 weeks later after having my knee drained and injected with medicine I had emergency surgery to flush out the synvisc. I've been out of work now for 6 weeks and with going to therapy am starting to walk a little better, I hope to return to work in 2 weeks.I had arthroscopic surgery 10 years ago on my other knee and the day after surgery I was much better than I am 6 weeks later after a preventive shot. be careful I think they are hiding all the bad reactions to synvisc"

republic (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

"Had shot....shot was nothing...but 48 hrs. later I can barely stand the pain...elevating, ice, ibuprofen....but boy oh boy it hurts BAD. Gave birth to 3 children...one being breech....and swear this pain is worse.....I am hoping to be better soon....with this experience think I will not repeat this adventure. Do not think a knee replacement could be any worse than what I am going through right now!"

Grmaginner (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

"I received the shot about a year ago and my knees have been worse since! I'm 48 and can barely walk! I do not recommend it at all!"

Anonymous March 14, 2016

"Was treated on 3/5/2016. The injection of Synvisc-One was painless and I felt immediate relief in my knee. Now, just hours later, I notice a greater range of motion for my leg and almost no pain in the knee joint."

Col Jacobslen (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

"Took this shot one week ago ,the pain is worse I wish I wouldn't have done it.cant sleep knee is swollen.IM UP ALL NIGHT!"

Onto March 4, 2016

"Never again...... At first the injections worked great, but after round 4, I can't walk, I can't work. Next time I join the titanium club and replace the knees. Never again."

HerRedJetta (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

"This was without a doubt one of the most painful experiences I have encountered in my 65 years. I had it last January. The shot itself was not bad, but immediately after the shot, the pain around the knee was excruciating. I pretty much lived with pain twice as bad as before I had the shot for the next eight or ten weeks. Staying off of it, icing it and pain killers were the only help. Eventually the pain slowed down, but I would recommend that people look carefully and study the possible side effects before doing it. I had a partial knee replacement in July (six months ago) and the results are spectacular... I am walking, doing water aerobics and extremely active without any pain."

Quazinna December 25, 2015

"Well I have had a Synvisc injection in each knee once a week for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately, the swelling and stiffness has been almost unbearable. I have a very high tolerance to pain but it has kept me up at night for the past week. I am now icing my knees for 20 minutes every 2 hours and staying off of my feet as much as possible. I have read that these side affects can last up to 3 weeks (I hope not). It is very difficult to get up off of the toilet and have had to use a cane the last 2 days. It has now been a month since my first injection and I noticed the symptoms worsened with each one! They have cost me $700 from Canada. Insurance would not pay for medication."

WW retiree November 21, 2015

"Going on 8 weeks after a synvisc one injection and the constant pain is now 10 times WORSE than before. my quality of life is horrible due to pain caused by shot. I have osteoarthritis in knee, nothing like the kind of pain I am in now. READ ALL THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU GET THIS DONE"

chrissy7889 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015

"I stopped running marathons, something I really enjoyed. My arthritis has put a stop to any running. Now, I walk 5-6 miles every other day with a pair of weights around my ankles. My arthritis kept me up at night until I started my Synvisc-One injections. I get one in each knee every 6 months; they really make a difference."

Marathon Man Stan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2015

"I had the original Synvisc 3 in my left knee with no measurable improvement and ultimately had a complete knee replacement. My right knee is a complete success story. I have had four Synvisc One injections and I am scheduled for another next month. The pain relief was incredible, yes the shot itself is uncomfortable but not excruciating. I have had anywhere from five to six months of relief each time. I would recommend this procedure to anyone."

Lam821 September 29, 2015

"I had the Synvisc one injection in my left knee 4 weeks ago. The injection was painful and I had worse knee pain than before for 3 1/2 weeks. I have had little to no pain for 4 days now. I am hopeful to receive 5-6 months of pain free living. If so I will most likely have a repeat injection as my next option is knee replacement."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2015

"I had a synvisc one injection in both knees about a week ago. Initially, I was told to expect pain and swelling for the first 48 hrs. So, I took it easy and stayed off me feet. As the week went on, the pain and swelling progressed. Exactly 7 days later, I ended up in the ER with excruciating pain , swelling and stiffness. The doctors removed 110cc's of fluid from my left knee alone. I was later released and told to follow up with my physician .To date, I am still in continuos pain and have difficulty walking. I wish I had never done this."

Eblaq (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2015

"After two knee scopes, a cortisone injection had a Synvisc-one injection last week. I was told it could be a month before any relief. Knee hurts so bad at night I cannot sleep. So far my knee problems..ie...pain, knee collapse and swelling is worse than ever. Hope it starts working soon."

BammaCo August 22, 2015

"This is day 2 after my first Synvisc One shot. The shot wasnt bad, only uncomfortble during the last 3 seconds. I walked out and had a little tightness as the gel was settling in. Day 2 Im walking around with absolutely no issues and with a 90% reduction in pain.Day 2 far exceeded all my expectations. I completely am pleased and satisfied with Synvisc One. I hope it lasts more than 6 months."

highdesert (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2015