User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Also known as: Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER

Learn more about Hydrocodone.

Pain 68 reviews 1090 medications

6.3
Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 68 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Hydrocodone

For Pain: "I take Oxycodone HCL for Fibromyalgia CFS/ME four times a day at 20 mg it really helps my breakthrough pain I'm glad to have it I also take Hysingla ER 100 mg I don't really get what the Hysingla is supposed to do if there is expected breakthrough pain? I'm still trying to read about it Thank god I have Oxycodone to help me be able to function I haven't had any severe side effects that I couldn't handle the one I hate most is the constipation it makes me ill I get nauseous and pain in my side until it's taken care of"

Wayele (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2016

For Pain: "I noticed I'm itching all over my body"

Dnthve1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking Hysingla 20 mg for a month. I was taking Norco 5-325 up to 4 a day for chronic back pain post 6 surgeries. I was switched to Hysingla due to elevated liver enzymes from Tylenol. I have bile duct structure and do what I can to keep liver enzymes lower. I only took what I absolutely had to daily of Norco. Averaging 2 Norco's a day. Since I have started the Hysingla I have had a moderately severe headache and nausea everyday. I'm not sure which is worse the liver pain or headache. The nausea I tolerate. I have decided to stop taking the Hysingla and go back to the Norco. I would rather take as little as possible of medication and still be in pain than have increase in pain and be flat on my back for 6 hours with headache."

CC12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2016

For Pain: "So far so good with the Hysingla ER 20mg 1x per day. I was on 4-10/325 Loratabs per day. My doctor recently put me on Hysingla with 2-10/325 Loratabs for break through pain. I have been on it for 3 days and I can already tell you that it has an amazing effect on my pain. It is not totally gone and I know it never will but it has helped so much! I have spinal stenosis and a few disk problems along with nerve problems! I highly suggest trying this!!"

JerrenC1485 August 20, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Biggest waste of money. Don't believe all the lies put out by drug co. Very unpredictable in its delivery. Pain comes in spurts for me so something that won't do me any good for 5 hours is practically worthless to me. If I have to suffer that long for relief then I might as well not taken anything. I understand that's it's not designed for breakthrough pain but still need more predictability in a pills delivery to judge how to take it. I have very bad stomach issues as well."

Slayer88 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Too many warnings. I want a refund. There is plastic in these pills. They bounce. Wtf? Gave me a nasty flu like headache. Do not waste your money. Don't know why doc wrote this crap. Never again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been a chronic pain patient for 10 plus years. My dr wanted me to try Hysingla 100 mg even though my other medication was working the best out of all the others I've tried and been on. I took the first does and I didn't seem to have any relief but I kept reminding myself what he and I discussed so I gave it another try. By this time my other medication is no longer in my system and now my pain is getting really bad so I called my dr's office. I was advised that the Hysingla would peak at 15 hours of taking it and sometimes takes a while to build up. After a few days my dr took me off of it, an asprin worked better then the Hysingla. I hope others don't have to suffer like I did."

Cronin Pain July 15, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was switched from Norco 5mg 4 times daily to Zyhydro ER 10mg 2times daily with Norco 5mg 2 times daily for break through pain. I tore my ACL several years ago and decided to finally have surgery. It has been many years of restless, painful nights of trying to sleep. Since starting the zohydro my knee no longer has that constant ache that doesn't go away. I can walk on my knee, and do hours of activity with out my knee being in pain. I have been on zohydro for about 3 months. My next visit we will be doing an increase, which hopefully will mean less break through pain medication. Zohydro ER does work for chronic pain. Very grateful for this medication!!"

Anonymous June 12, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "This medicine took forever to work at all and didn't touch my foot, back knee, or migraine pain. What it did do is make me horribly nauseous, gave me hot sweats and shakes, made my hair fall out by the handful, and costs almost $200 for 30 pills. The prescription card only covers a month but it was time and money wasted. What a horrible experience!"

Anahid1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor prescribed 10mg once or twice a day to address some nasty sciatic pain. Maybe the dosage is low, but it really had no discernible effect on the pain after several days usage. I don't want another expensive shot to deal with it either. I have had two, and they only provided about one week of relief, while costing me plenty even with insurance."

Irishdude (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Was forced to switch from 4 to 6 Norco every 24 hrs. to Hysingla ER 30. I've gotten massive headaches every day in the past 6 wks. since starting it, far less pain relief, itching and swollen abdomen. My Dr. insists I need to stick with it."

Still hurting (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Pain: "am on hydrocodone with Tylenol for many years for tmj pain headaches. Last few months , does not seem to work as well."

Abbylove April 23, 2016

For Pain: "This made me weak with vomiting & nausea all the time, felt weak & shaky all the time"

& 11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I started taking 30mg hysingla ER about 6 months ago for severe joint pain along with 3 Vicodin a day for breakthrough medication. I'm now up to 60mg hysingla ER but the 3 per day of Vicodin is just not cutting it. I'm in severe joint pain with RA and osteoporosis. May be possible Vicodin not strong enough I think Tylenol not strong enough for me. I keep running out of the breakthrough medication by 3-4 days every month. Any suggestions?"

brdie April 2, 2016

For Pain: "I've been up the ladder on pain meds., i have had chronic pain for 20 yrs.. I would just like to say oxycontin and hydrocodone is one and the same. however the mg.s is key. I am 5'7" and 140 lb. and have found 10 mg am and 10 mg pm has had the most positive effect on me and I have tried percedan. as well as morphine, 30mg three times daily. vicodin and an array of others. the hydrocodone 10mg x daily has won hands down. I will add NO prescription will remove pain 100%"

rea56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "It takes about 2 hours to start working, so it's definitely a long-acting medication. It says it lasts for 12 hours but it only lasts 7 for me, every time, without fail. I cannot just take the Zohydro ER but I need to take my rescue medication else be miserable for 2 hours before it works. It gives you constipation sometimes, even if you drink a ton of water. It seems to be weak pain relief. I wish it could work better and last longer. My doctor is switching me to a different ER pain medication now."

Pashta (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have had chronic lower back pain/degenerative disc disease for over 25 years, along with an L5 S1 diskectomy, my pain and my condition continue to get worse with time. In the past I have been on Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Fentanyl, and just most recently, Oxycontin 30 mg time release, did not like them at all. Even more recently I was prescribed Hysingla 80mg time release. I have been taking it for two days now and I am amazed at how I feel when I wake up! No pain, and slight withdraw, at which point I take a 10 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain. It's been forever since I have woken up happy. Don't notice any side effects yet, can say, that it certainly does not last he 24 hrs.... more like 12-14, and takes a few hours to start working..."

Whoknew? March 27, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I find that this medication is unable to relieve my severe back and neck pain. Not only that, I now have severe migraines with use of Hyslinga. I feel that more research was needed before releasing it. I cannot handle increased pain which it had caused asking with dizziness and fatigue."

Dawn 32 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Was taking 10 7.5/325 daily for severe auto immune joint foot pain and nerve pain. 60mg time release. 9 out of 10 days I'm fully functional like a normal mom. My only issue is IBS... if I take in the AM and have my guts evacuate I am forced to suffer with only my 3 daily allowed break through pain medication. Then if I don't double up the break through the withdrawal symptoms cause my guts to keep dumping. I have slow digestion and it works about 19 to 22 hours. I imagine a regular digestive system would burn through this medicine before 24 hours. I tried it at night first and really enjoyed waking up without pain but had trouble the last 3 hours before the next dose. I would rather spend those wasted hours in bed each morning."

Lisa4942000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2016

For Pain: "After taking Hydrocodone for chronic pain for many years, I continued to complain of being uninterested in sexual intercourse, burning during ejaculation, and burning my wife during ejaculation. I have weaned myself off the drug and have noticed these symptoms are going away. Many doctors denied the fact that this drug would cause these problems, but I am happy to say now that I am off Hydrocodone, sex is almost back to normal."

OddReaction (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor put me on Hysingla ER 20 mg on a few weeks ago. Hysingla is causing major problems for me at night. I am waking up 3-4 times every night due to pain and sleep walking. I believe I need an increase in the dosage or put me back on my original treatment of Percocet 7.5mg QID (4 times a day). I am scared that I might walk out of the house and into the road because of this medication. In the few weeks of being on this medication, I have left the house twice within three weeks. The last time this has happened was nearly 4 years ago."

tpain really (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Pain: "Funny"

Me myself (taken for 10 years or more) January 23, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was taking oxycontin 20 with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough qid for severe back pain/spinal stenosis. Previous surgery 30 years ago and no known surgery to help except the experimental approaches with cages to lift. I'm in the business so not interested. Anyway, knowing my pharmacology, I moved from oxycontin (4 hours half life to zohyrdro 8 hrs half life. And, its' spot on. Neither is a true BID drug but Zohydro comes close and gives you maybe 6-7 hours of good sleep and if you wake up with breakthrough, take an oxycodone, wait 45 minutesw and go back to bed. Don't take another zohydro. Fairly flexible. eally works well for me. So much better than force fitting a TID or even a QID oxycontin as a BID. Look at the pharmacodynamics please"

Lyndwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My Dr. just put me on Hysingla ER about a week ago. I take them faithfully every morning at 10a.m. and every morning I wake up with withdrawals. I have to take 2-4 hydro's besides the ER during the day for breakthrough pain, when I wake up in the morning, wow!!! My heart races, my palms are sweaty, extreme anxiety. I've been having to take a regular hydro in the mornings before the Hysingla ER just to tolerate the withdrawals & pain! Maybe being that it has only been going on 1 week since starting that it's wearing off before the 24hrs. not sure, but I know this never happened with Oxycontin. Will have to wait & see, if not better by my next appt. I am definitely changing medications."

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "24 hr medicine for pain, I only got 6 hours of minimal relief. Started on the 20 mg for 1 month, then Dr switched me to 40 mg for 1 months, then 30 mg for 1 month. It always seemed to start working long after I took it, about 12 hrs and made me extremely sleepy and tired, along with pain. In the 3 months I took it, I gained 15 pounds without even eating more or differently because I was constantly nauseous with it. Who wants food when queasy? I have been prescribed and instant release pain med and have been on 2 days. It works great with no side effects and I have lost the 7 lbs of the 15 the hysinglia made me gain. Hopefully the other 8 lbs will come off quickly too because the weight gain from the drug caused my A1C to go"

Mrs C H (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016