User Reviews for Hydrocodone

5.8

Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 5.9 160 reviews

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Kimmi · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Dr prescribed to me and did not emphasize that my COPD was going to be so affected that I went into respiratory arrest after only my second dose of 80 mg. Hydrocodone. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital and then I had c-diff for close to two years from antibiotics taken for this. All in all I believe this medicine was targeted to poor people on Medicaid (they were the only insurance accepted for Hysingla)and it came close to destroying my life. I only hope the dr responsible is no longer able to practice due to the number of complaints against him."

Krissy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Tried morphine and Percocet for severe intractable pain from injuries and surgery. Hysingla then prescribed as those did not help. Hysingla did nothing for my pain and also made my head feel swimmy and it’s very constipating like severely. Dr tried Norco and I’m finally pain free most of the day now first time in years. I really can’t say why hysingla didn’t work because norco Is the same ingredient but it didn’t work for me and norco really does work for me. Like amazingly. And I’ve never had to step up dosage nor ever had addiction or withdrawals to pain medication. (Only cymbalta for me was highly addictive and took me over a year to get off of it. Withdrawal was severe. Strange because they say opioids are not safe but for me they are and antidepressants were not. Very strange.)"

Yogi · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), which is one of the worst chronic pain conditions known to man, and I get a lot of relief from this medication. Prior to Hysingla I was prescribed Opana ER until it was taken off the market, and I must say I'm thankful for the change. I like the fact that it works without making me feel "drugged." The only downside is constipation that requires daily doses of laxatives. There aren't many extended release choices, but hopefully more options will become available soon for people that aren't getting relief from Hysingla."

SuperTBKNYC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 22, 2019

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "For me, it is really good at controlling long term chronic pain. My biggest downside is increased constipation. I'm taking 3-4 laxative/stool softeners daily, including Movantik."

Tinker April 8, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have 3 auto immune conditions and a very messed up back was on Percocet 10/325 4x day which was helping but neuro put me on Hysingla 20mg and stopped all my other meds including headache shot said this was a miracle drug for all my needs , all this drug done for me is cause more pain and withdrawals if it works for you that's great but some folks have a higher tolerance for meds so if your one of these people who does have a higher tolerance to meds it's not for you save your money because the cost is high and you figure for the price you pay you'd get some kind of relief . Unhappy tinker"

Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 15, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have herniated disks and did the usual, PT, spinal injections, Norco. I also have a liver condition and told doctor I would like to try something easier on the liver so Hysingla saved the day. Works like Norco minus the tylenol. I wouldn't have walked again without it. Not sure about all the negative reviews, I think it works great!"

Month of misery March 7, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have tried hysinglar twice with the same results. Absolutely zero pain relief. If anything made me a little worse. Should be removed from market for zero efficacy. Ovoid at all cost and save yourself 30 days of miserable pain."

Clinder1980 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2019

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I am a paraplegic after a spinal cord injury when I had a wreck in 2001. For the first few years, the pain was there but I could manage. Then it became so bad that I would lie in bed crying, unable to sleep or do anything. It ruled my life. After trying nearly every pain med out there, I finally found zohydro by researching hydrocodone without acetaminophen. It has worked wonders and I’m not constantly worried about withdrawals. My insurance just changed and won’t cover it now and I can’t pay for it. Really wish they would come out with a generic!"

RJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I'm currently on oxycodone 5mg 3 times a day. I talked with my Dr about extended release option and he prescribed Hysingla 20mg for 24 hours. I had high hopes for this because I was hoping for continued pain relief. When my insurance finally approved me for this medication I was happy, that was until I took my first few days doses. It was just too strong and I felt nauseous and sick the whole time I was on this medication. I was go to see my Dr the next month to get back my regular prescription. Hopefully something will come on the market that works for 24 hours with out making me sick."

mbeau4262 November 5, 2018

For Pain: "Like so many of you, I'm having trouble finding a good brand of hydrocodone that works. I've been taking it for several years because I have Psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia along with osteoarthritis. For 6 years I took the yellow pills by Par and they worked the best. When I moved to FL last year, all I could get were the 10-325 Watson brand and they worked well. However, now Walgreen's, Publix, and a couple other pharmacies only carry TRIS starting in September. These pills are horrible so I went to WalMart as I thought perhaps the Mallinckrodt pills might be better than the TRIS, but they're also not helping my pain. Does anyone know of any pharmacies that might offer a better brand?"

Stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and fibromyalgia. All of which are very painful. I was on 7.5 narco's. Which actually worked. I have never abused medication. I take them only when needed. My pain WAS controlled. Then my doctor put me on hysingla ER. The medication is worthless. I have NO pain relief at all. When I told the doctor, the nurse red flagged me as an addict."

Finny August 24, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I’ve had 9 surgeries since 2003. One total shoulder replacement that was done incorrectly and need to be redone. Failed shoulder cuff other arm so that causes constant pain. Total hip total knee. Three back surgeries! The last one in 2015 Spinal Fusion. I am in constant pain. I’ve tried everything. Injections,PT , burning of the nerves nothing helps! Pain doc has me on Hysingla 40 mg does nothing! Due to terrible upper gut ulcers from upper bowel obstruction ( that was because when I had an emergency splenectomy the surgeon tied a knot in my stomach!) I feel like all the docs treat me like a druggie it could be in my head but I do get the feeling even from the pharmacy I feel like a criminal and I’ve never done anything wrong with these stupid meds that do nothing! This Hysingla is sooo expensive! Thanks for letting me rant"

Anthony92 August 7, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I’ve been suffering from chronic pain for 6 years now due to 3 lumbar herniated discs and osteoarthritis. I’ve been taking Norco 10/325 4 times a day with okay relief. Recently my doctor had me try Hysingla 40mg and honestly it just doesn’t work! It only lasts about 16-18 hours and it made me feel very lethargic, anxious and I would have a lot of breakthrough pain throughout the day plus it was $413!! and my insurance refused to cover it. After talking with my doctor he switched me to MS Contin. That medication so far has worked so much better than any other extended release opioid. If you suffer from chronic pain I recommend you try MS Contin. It works great and it’s very cheap even without insurance"

Balanced1125 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2018

For Pain: "I have used for this for hard to relieve chronic pain for several years without abusing. My dosage and usage has not increased from the time I was first prescribed hydrocodone many years to manage my chronic condition. Unfortunately, there are those who have used this medication recklessly, if not recreationally, triggering the backlash we hear about. There are others who have been lax in safeguarding this and other controlled substances in their homes. Bottom line when used and safeguarded responsibly, this medication can and has provided pain relief to many like who have tried many without success."

T · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My Doctor changed me from being on norco 10/325 to hysinglar ER and they keep lowering my dose. In my opinion the hysinglar doesn't work as well and the pain keeps getting worse. Why are dr cutting medicine doses down on people who are in real pain, just because so many others sell their meds and lie about pain."

Peachie · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic pain with my lower back, neck and fibromyalgia. Currently took Norco 10/325 every 4 hrs. Dr started me on Hysingla ER 40mg a week ago and I am miserable. Absolutely NO pain control whatsoever! I have called the Doctor three times in the last week, he said to continue taking it as its the same dose I was currently taking. It is NOT working for my pain at all. I take it first thing in the morning and I am allowed one breakthrough Norco. Anyone else have the same issue? I am disgusted with my Pain Management Dr because he is NOT listening! Help"

Davy · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I'm an amputee and also suffer from hip and back pain I have been in pain management since 2010 and have tried a few different pain meds with very little success till Zohydro was approved by the FDA. I am prescribed 2 50mg Zohydro and as breakthrough pain management I take Oxicodone 15mg 6 times daily and my quality of life has been wonderful I'm 48 a single father of a 4yr old son and have been looking after him since he was 1 year old. Yes at times it's a struggle, before Zohydro just changing diapers was excruciating, much less lifting and holding him. Since it's approval our time together has been the greatest gift ever given to me. I am able to play, take him to the park and be the parent I was before my illness that took my leg and aggravated my other conditions. Zohydro has been great my only issue is the half life is short of the 12hrs"

Royfla10 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 28, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Since most pain management docs (PMD) are feeling heat from DEA due to the campaign against opioids, most PMD's are turning to AD formulations to cover their ass. Previous ER formulations provided me with very little relief. Zohydro ER is the exception. It's overall very effective, and releases very evenly over 7 to 9 hours. Been on it close to a year now, and it still works really well."

Youravgpainpatient · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been on norco, 5x a day with 4 nucynta for about 8 years. I don't want to get doped up on some insanely strong opiate thats makes me sleepy and unable to function. I am able to get things done on this current regime. I have multi-level cervical herniations, c6-c7 fusion, and suffer from Fibromyalgia. No fun. My Dr. switched me to Hysingla 40mg with two 7.5 lortab with tylenol to reduce my over-all tylenol intake...He wants to protect my liver. Which I totally agree with. 30 mins after I took the Hysingla ER, my mouth became dry, My Blood Pressure shot way up to stroke range, and I felt like death warmed over. I have taken just about every pain med at one time or another, for any of my 7 surgeries and I have never felt this bad because of a ER med. This Hysingla med made me feel bad enough to go to the hospital."

Cathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 24, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been on Zohydro ER 50 mg for 2 years now. It works excellent for managing my chronic pain, I don't get 100% relief but I get more relief than I have with other medications. I don't get the High feeling as I felt with other opiates such as Fentanyl , Oxycontin, Opana Morphine. I can remain focused on Zohydro ER. This drug does not have Tylenol mixed with it. I am very happy with my Zohydro ER. I need to take it 3 times a day as it only lasts for about 7 hours before the pain starts to kick back in. The medications ridiculously expensive but I have no choice but to pay if I want to continue getting out of bed every day."

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "No help at all. No relief. Became very depressed. My muscles hurt badly. I was switched from 7.5 hydrocodone, which by the way took the edge off the pain, to hysingla 30mg. I noticed right away that there was a lot of break through pain."

R.D. PA May 10, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was on Hydrocodone 7.5/500 for my back. Then suffered a head injury in 2013. I was hospitalized for 10 days where they gave me Morphine, Norco, Dilaudid, and Fentynyl. When I got out - I went on Oxycodone. One and a half years later - I wanted out. I white knuckled a harsh withdrawal. But the pain was more spread, and frequent from the injury. I went on Zohydro ER 15 mg, but sometimes needed to take two - it was too much. I dropped to 10Mg - but the insurance doesn't like paying for 120 caps when they can pay for 60 - so I moved to 20 Mg. My favorite part of Zohydro ER is, I think because of the way it is dispersed, I have never suffered any withdrawal symptoms from it when I stop for a couple days. I swear by it. It doesn't completely get rid of my pain, but it alleviates it enough so that I can enjoy some life. Grant you, a higher dosage might get rid of the pain, but I choose not to go that route due to past experience. I do not know that the higher dosage can guarantee me mo withdrawal effects like now."

musTBeonesSelF · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic pain due to problems with my spine; it's degenerative disc related, 20 some years, with no surgery possible. I have been practicing yoga for 2 decades. I have needed pain Rx's off & on. Hydrocodone has worked best for me, leaves me clear-minded, able to do all daily living activities, most critical when caring for our then-young children. I was misunderstood by different Dr.'s who simply will do anything to avoid prescribing what a patient actually needs. I became proactive. I take Hydrocodone 10/325 every 4 hours, (4 x day). At bedtime I take 1, Hysingla XR 20 mg. It was my new M.D.'s idea since the intensity of pain prior to the last epidural was high -I hadn't slept many nights in weeks. I do not know how I would be without Hysingla. I also do not know know how patients writing say they take it in the daytime can do so. I suppose it depends on metabolism, what other medications are taken, & tolerance of XR meds. It is still not perfect."

tess · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "will it help pain better than hydro 10"

Bobcat · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been taking 4 Hydrocodone 10-325 for years and still hurt no matter what, have to count pills so can't take 5 or 6 a day. Now they put me on Hysingla ER 30mg. 1 pill a day but still hurt 24-7 and can't get any more help."