User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Pain
5.9

Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 6.0 145 reviews

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic pain with my lower back, neck and fibromyalgia. Currently took Norco 10/325 every 4 hrs. Dr started me on Hysingla ER 40mg a week ago and I am miserable. Absolutely NO pain control whatsoever! I have called the Doctor three times in the last week, he said to continue taking it as its the same dose I was currently taking. It is NOT working for my pain at all. I take it first thing in the morning and I am allowed one breakthrough Norco. Anyone else have the same issue? I am disgusted with my Pain Management Dr because he is NOT listening! Help"

Peachie (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I'm an amputee and also suffer from hip and back pain I have been in pain management since 2010 and have tried a few different pain meds with very little success till Zohydro was approved by the FDA. I am prescribed 2 50mg Zohydro and as breakthrough pain management I take Oxicodone 15mg 6 times daily and my quality of life has been wonderful I'm 48 a single father of a 4yr old son and have been looking after him since he was 1 year old. Yes at times it's a struggle, before Zohydro just changing diapers was excruciating, much less lifting and holding him. Since it's approval our time together has been the greatest gift ever given to me. I am able to play, take him to the park and be the parent I was before my illness that took my leg and aggravated my other conditions. Zohydro has been great my only issue is the half life is short of the 12hrs"

Davy (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Since most pain management docs (PMD) are feeling heat from DEA due to the campaign against opioids, most PMD's are turning to AD formulations to cover their ass. Previous ER formulations provided me with very little relief. Zohydro ER is the exception. It's overall very effective, and releases very evenly over 7 to 9 hours. Been on it close to a year now, and it still works really well."

Royfla10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 28, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been on norco, 5x a day with 4 nucynta for about 8 years. I don't want to get doped up on some insanely strong opiate thats makes me sleepy and unable to function. I am able to get things done on this current regime. I have multi-level cervical herniations, c6-c7 fusion, and suffer from Fibromyalgia. No fun. My Dr. switched me to Hysingla 40mg with two 7.5 lortab with tylenol to reduce my over-all tylenol intake...He wants to protect my liver. Which I totally agree with. 30 mins after I took the Hysingla ER, my mouth became dry, My Blood Pressure shot way up to stroke range, and I felt like death warmed over. I have taken just about every pain med at one time or another, for any of my 7 surgeries and I have never felt this bad because of a ER med. This Hysingla med made me feel bad enough to go to the hospital."

Youravgpainpatient (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been on Zohydro ER 50 mg for 2 years now. It works excellent for managing my chronic pain, I don't get 100% relief but I get more relief than I have with other medications. I don't get the High feeling as I felt with other opiates such as Fentanyl , Oxycontin, Opana Morphine. I can remain focused on Zohydro ER. This drug does not have Tylenol mixed with it. I am very happy with my Zohydro ER. I need to take it 3 times a day as it only lasts for about 7 hours before the pain starts to kick back in. The medications ridiculously expensive but I have no choice but to pay if I want to continue getting out of bed every day."

Cathy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "No help at all. No relief. Became very depressed. My muscles hurt badly. I was switched from 7.5 hydrocodone, which by the way took the edge off the pain, to hysingla 30mg. I noticed right away that there was a lot of break through pain."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was on Hydrocodone 7.5/500 for my back. Then suffered a head injury in 2013. I was hospitalized for 10 days where they gave me Morphine, Norco, Dilaudid, and Fentynyl. When I got out - I went on Oxycodone. One and a half years later - I wanted out. I white knuckled a harsh withdrawal. But the pain was more spread, and frequent from the injury. I went on Zohydro ER 15 mg, but sometimes needed to take two - it was too much. I dropped to 10Mg - but the insurance doesn't like paying for 120 caps when they can pay for 60 - so I moved to 20 Mg. My favorite part of Zohydro ER is, I think because of the way it is dispersed, I have never suffered any withdrawal symptoms from it when I stop for a couple days. I swear by it. It doesn't completely get rid of my pain, but it alleviates it enough so that I can enjoy some life. Grant you, a higher dosage might get rid of the pain, but I choose not to go that route due to past experience. I do not know that the higher dosage can guarantee me mo withdrawal effects like now."

R.D. PA May 10, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic pain due to problems with my spine; it's degenerative disc related, 20 some years, with no surgery possible. I have been practicing yoga for 2 decades. I have needed pain Rx's off & on. Hydrocodone has worked best for me, leaves me clear-minded, able to do all daily living activities, most critical when caring for our then-young children. I was misunderstood by different Dr.'s who simply will do anything to avoid prescribing what a patient actually needs. I became proactive. I take Hydrocodone 10/325 every 4 hours, (4 x day). At bedtime I take 1, Hysingla XR 20 mg. It was my new M.D.'s idea since the intensity of pain prior to the last epidural was high -I hadn't slept many nights in weeks. I do not know how I would be without Hysingla. I also do not know know how patients writing say they take it in the daytime can do so. I suppose it depends on metabolism, what other medications are taken, & tolerance of XR meds. It is still not perfect."

musTBeonesSelF (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "will it help pain better than hydro 10"

tess (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been taking 4 Hydrocodone 10-325 for years and still hurt no matter what, have to count pills so can't take 5 or 6 a day. Now they put me on Hysingla ER 30mg. 1 pill a day but still hurt 24-7 and can't get any more help."

Bobcat (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I just started this I was given 30mg of Zohydro twice a day and taken off 60mg of hysingla once a day and I take 30 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain not quite sure if this Zohydro will work for me I hope it does. Maybe I need a higher dose."

Shan pan (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Dr started me on Hydrocodone 20 and after being on norco 7.5 for almost a year, the hyd 20 is a blessing. I take 1 tablet in the morning and my pain is manageable all day @ 2-3 level. While on norco 7.5 mg I suffered from 7-9 daily! Physical therapy sessions are more productive as well as gym workouts and gardening activities. I haven't experienced any unpleasant side effects."

Di March 3, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have had a bad total knee replacement and two rotator cuff surgeries that need to be redone, which puts me in basically constant pain. Pain dr has me on 10/325 Norco and as well as hysingla to take at night because it will apparently help me sleep as Norco doesn’t let me sleep. Well Neither does Hysingla, I just lay there and never fall into deep sleep plus it does nothing for pain. The only pain reliever that works for me is Norco. Any suggestions for pain at night with sleep?"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Has been a big change in pain level. But believe I need a breakthrough pain med also."

Akeet February 20, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking Hysingla ER for almost one year now. Doctor started me on 20mg and today I am taking 100mg. No side effects for me. I rarely take Vicodin for breakthrough pain now that I seem steady at this dose. It took a while to get me to the right dose. I think it is critical for your pain doctor not to reduce or stop all pain meds when you are on the low doses. It should be done when you get to the dose that works. My doctor was great working with me to get me to the right dose without making me suffer."

Jinxyone February 15, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I never received much relief from Hydrocodone. Then along came Zohydro - was quite skeptical at first due to the fact I had quite a high tolerance to oxy, but have actually been quite pleased. It's for sure a few steps down from the oxy I was on but, as has already been mentioned, it's not a roller coaster ride you get with a lot of other pain meds. Only sides thus far have been dehydration, fatigue, and very vivid dreams - I wake up really freaked out by how real they seem at times? At first I thought it was due to other things I was taking but have since ruled them out, so it's definitely the Zohydro. Now I wait until I am totally awake before I take my first dose. I do believe that 12 hours of relief is a bit of a stretch and that 9 hours is closer to the length of relief it provides and I'm on the 50's. Do highly recommend."

Great Relief February 11, 2018

For Pain: "Been using it for about 5 years for chronic back pain at first worked really well but after extended use has become less effective with more side effects"

Bowanibill February 10, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Great for Pain Management. I had 28 Yrs on Opioids after 12 Surgeries. Total disagreement with Florida wanting to regulate it to 3-7 Day Supply when Florida allowed "Pill Mills" to operate for years. Lost kin to Florida looking the other way, now want Lawsuits against Manufacturers? Absurd thinking, China is killing people by Shipping Opioids via USPS, Buyers unaware of the potency of drugs such as Fentenyl, Oxy etc and Florida Rehabs are milking my Tax Dollars with Commercials showing Resort Living Rehabs. Ignorance is Bliss."

KenWoods (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Before this drug my pain was so extreme that I physically couldn't get out of bed or do any housework. I was miserable to say the least. I went from taking 4 percocet a day (5mg) to taking 20mg hysingla still with 1 or 2 percocet for breakthrough pain. This medication after a couple days has improved my life so much that I am in shock still from the relief. People only see the bad reviews on here and get scared like I did! I had not bad side effects and every time I felt bad pain, shortly later it was relieved. And unlike some other "24 hour" extended release drugs, this one really does last around the clock. Please if you have relief with this medication, share your experience so others can see the good as well when they come to this website!! I hope your experience is as successful as mine has been so far"

Biteatme1213 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2018

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Medicine is reasonably effective after 3 weeks. Some breakthrough pain requires additional medicine. I wake in the morning without high levels of pain due to ER."

Deborah55seriously (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

For Pain: "This does not last over three hours. I take four 10 mg daily and it were not for the hours I sleep I could not stand what pain I get between doses"

back fusion/compression fx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2017

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "All of this is the fault of physicians and pharmaceutical company's. At this point they're getting so much pressure to get people off of opioids that they either don't care or have no choice but to prescribe drugs that don't work. If they don't solve this problem people are going to start buying heroin or something else just to get pain relief"

P.....d o.. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I took 10mg, 3x day hydrocodone for a year prior to a new pain doc in a new state requiring I switch to Hysingla ER. I had only had one 10mg hydrocodone for each of the two days prior to beginning the Hysingla so this was not withdrawals. An hour after the 20mg pill, my heart was pounding hard, short of breath, which progressed to severe abdominal pain, nausea, the worst pain of my life (easily 2-3x my very worst days with stage 3 adhesive arachnoiditis, Ehlers-Danlos, and innumerable tarlov cysts on my spinal cord), joint pain, muscle pain and spasms, and I could literally feel my CSF pulsing in my spinal cord. The doc actually made me take a second dose because she thought I was in withdrawal. I vomited the 2nd one and nearly aspirated it"

Pained1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have had chronic pain since 2002. I have Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) in low back both legs below knee both feet. Long story short I have been on pretty much every pain med there is. Had over 200 nerve blocks. Had nerve endings burned off. PT you name it. Now I have a medicine dosing machine inside my abdomen with a cath that runs directly into my spinal cord. I tried this hyslinga it's worked great. I'm surprised so many people have not had relief from it. But if I didn't have the pump implant I'm pretty sure I would be on the highest dose they make."

The preacher man November 30, 2017

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor just switched me from 30mg of MS Contin to hysingla 20mg once a day. Mind you I have been taking the same thing for over 4 years. This hysingla is a joke!!! After 3 hours I was in so much pain I thought I was dying!! Felt like I was going to be sick, and not from the medicine, it was because I was in so much pain. Whoever said this lasts for 24 hours is completely ridiculous. Worst ever!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017