User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Also known as: Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER

Pain 5.7

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Anonymous September 21, 2020

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Was on Vicodin for many years before switching to Hysingla. I take 30mg a day and four 10mg per a day. Didn’t have my Hysingla for one month due to manufacturing issue and it was a nightmare. I love the 24 hr pain control of the hysingla!”

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Doesn’t work”

Matt · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Hysingla is terrible!! It caused extreme pain in my hips, back, and legs. It was prescribed 2 days before a cross country vacation so now I am stuck with this rubbish for 2 weeks at least. I've been on pain meds for 8 years so if I don't take it I will have withdrawal issues.”

Wildcat May 17, 2020

For Pain: “Tris generic 5/325: I'm a 53 with DDD, RSD, scoliosis, failed back surgery syndrome, T8 fracture, 2 bulging thoracic discs, inflammatory arthritis and more. I've been in pain clinics off/on since my 20s. I tapered off 15 mg SA + 15 mg LA oxycodone q. 8 hrs before moving to AZ and haven't been on an opioid for a year. My pain doc prescribed 5/325 q. 6 hrs and it does absolutely NOTHING for my pain. My doctor won't increase the dose, but thanks to all the very helpful reviews here, I am going to get the PAR generic to see if it works better. It's very disheartening to be a legitimate pain patient, with conditions documented on MRI, CT, etc., and to be treated like a drug-seeking criminal, just because my pain is so severe I cannot function without opioids. Opioid hysteria has ruined pain management and doctors have become cowards. All the pain docs care about now is keeping their opioid prescribing numbers low and doing procedures with high reimbursement rates.”

Help · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Just started Singla ER. Along with 10-325 Percocet 3 times a day. Singla not helping at all. No relief.”

Mike63262 · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Pain: “Ruined my life by drinking alcohol 12 hours after taking 5mg hydrocodone. I got really sleepy and wake up to extreme brain fog, paranoid, weird feeling in front of head. Life turned into nightmare and I am surprised how I made it alive that day. I to this day 6 months after am still having extreme brain fog and feel my IQ has been reduced a lot from mixing with alcohol. I have this constant cloudy feeling in front of head. I now take prescribed risperidone and wellbutrin which helps with the fog but it's still there”

cjg12345 · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Hysingla was offered to me at a pain clinic. It was not really medically necessary, in my opinion. The cost of this medication would be $7000 to $8000 per year for my insurance plan portion and my own portion together. You may want to know, be aware, of how much your plan has to pay and not just yourself. Further, your insurance could stop payment if they consider this drug is just too expensive. I would like to know why a physicians or P.A. would order this particular drug if it wasn't absolutely medically necessary, just sort of a suggestion for some small reason, and a very expensive suggestion. It seems extreme due to the high cost. Also, I would like to see the company that make this drug publish to the public their open payments ,made to providers or institutions and the reason for the payment.”

cjg12345 · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “The pain clinic suggested Zohydro. This wold cost near $400 a month. You have to be aware of this and whether or not it is medically necesary for you.”

jzoch7756 · Taken for 10 years or more October 20, 2019

For Pain: “I have chronic pain and have been dealing with it for many years. Hydrocodone has been the best option that I have tried. Although all my pain is not relieved, at least I can have some sort of a life.”

Works For Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have horrible low back and hip problems. I have been taking Hysingla for several years now. It doesn't alleviate all of my pain, but it helps enough that I am able to function. Without Hysingla, it is difficult for me to sit, stand, and walk. I would recommend it to others. Keep in mind that everyone doesn't respond to medicines the same way so they need to work with their doctor to find something that will work.”

Philipth · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Hysingla ER Is just another Lie! This medicine takes for ever to work. Way over priced! And Hysingla messes with your intestines causing your bowel movement to become almost like Clay. The maker will never tell the full adverse affects to your body”

Kimmi · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Dr prescribed to me and did not emphasize that my COPD was going to be so affected that I went into respiratory arrest after only my second dose of 80 mg. Hydrocodone. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital and then I had c-diff for close to two years from antibiotics taken for this. All in all I believe this medicine was targeted to poor people on Medicaid (they were the only insurance accepted for Hysingla)and it came close to destroying my life. I only hope the dr responsible is no longer able to practice due to the number of complaints against him.”

Krissy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “Tried morphine and Percocet for severe intractable pain from injuries and surgery. Hysingla then prescribed as those did not help. Hysingla did nothing for my pain and also made my head feel swimmy and it’s very constipating like severely. Dr tried Norco and I’m finally pain free most of the day now first time in years. I really can’t say why hysingla didn’t work because norco Is the same ingredient but it didn’t work for me and norco really does work for me. Like amazingly. And I’ve never had to step up dosage nor ever had addiction or withdrawals to pain medication. (Only cymbalta for me was highly addictive and took me over a year to get off of it. Withdrawal was severe. Strange because they say opioids are not safe but for me they are and antidepressants were not. Very strange.)”

Yogi · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), which is one of the worst chronic pain conditions known to man, and I get a lot of relief from this medication. Prior to Hysingla I was prescribed Opana ER until it was taken off the market, and I must say I'm thankful for the change. I like the fact that it works without making me feel "drugged." The only downside is constipation that requires daily doses of laxatives. There aren't many extended release choices, but hopefully more options will become available soon for people that aren't getting relief from Hysingla.”

SuperTBKNYC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 22, 2019

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “For me, it is really good at controlling long term chronic pain. My biggest downside is increased constipation. I'm taking 3-4 laxative/stool softeners daily, including Movantik.”

Tinker April 8, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have 3 auto immune conditions and a very messed up back was on Percocet 10/325 4x day which was helping but neuro put me on Hysingla 20mg and stopped all my other meds including headache shot said this was a miracle drug for all my needs , all this drug done for me is cause more pain and withdrawals if it works for you that's great but some folks have a higher tolerance for meds so if your one of these people who does have a higher tolerance to meds it's not for you save your money because the cost is high and you figure for the price you pay you'd get some kind of relief . Unhappy tinker”

Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 15, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have herniated disks and did the usual, PT, spinal injections, Norco. I also have a liver condition and told doctor I would like to try something easier on the liver so Hysingla saved the day. Works like Norco minus the tylenol. I wouldn't have walked again without it. Not sure about all the negative reviews, I think it works great!”

Month of misery March 7, 2019

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have tried hysinglar twice with the same results. Absolutely zero pain relief. If anything made me a little worse. Should be removed from market for zero efficacy. Ovoid at all cost and save yourself 30 days of miserable pain.”

Clinder1980 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2019

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I am a paraplegic after a spinal cord injury when I had a wreck in 2001. For the first few years, the pain was there but I could manage. Then it became so bad that I would lie in bed crying, unable to sleep or do anything. It ruled my life. After trying nearly every pain med out there, I finally found zohydro by researching hydrocodone without acetaminophen. It has worked wonders and I’m not constantly worried about withdrawals. My insurance just changed and won’t cover it now and I can’t pay for it. Really wish they would come out with a generic!”

RJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I'm currently on oxycodone 5mg 3 times a day. I talked with my Dr about extended release option and he prescribed Hysingla 20mg for 24 hours. I had high hopes for this because I was hoping for continued pain relief. When my insurance finally approved me for this medication I was happy, that was until I took my first few days doses. It was just too strong and I felt nauseous and sick the whole time I was on this medication. I was go to see my Dr the next month to get back my regular prescription. Hopefully something will come on the market that works for 24 hours with out making me sick.”

mbeau4262 November 5, 2018

For Pain: “Like so many of you, I'm having trouble finding a good brand of hydrocodone that works. I've been taking it for several years because I have Psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia along with osteoarthritis. For 6 years I took the yellow pills by Par and they worked the best. When I moved to FL last year, all I could get were the 10-325 Watson brand and they worked well. However, now Walgreen's, Publix, and a couple other pharmacies only carry TRIS starting in September. These pills are horrible so I went to WalMart as I thought perhaps the Mallinckrodt pills might be better than the TRIS, but they're also not helping my pain. Does anyone know of any pharmacies that might offer a better brand?”

Stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and fibromyalgia. All of which are very painful. I was on 7.5 narco's. Which actually worked. I have never abused medication. I take them only when needed. My pain WAS controlled. Then my doctor put me on hysingla ER. The medication is worthless. I have NO pain relief at all. When I told the doctor, the nurse red flagged me as an addict.”

Finny August 24, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I’ve had 9 surgeries since 2003. One total shoulder replacement that was done incorrectly and need to be redone. Failed shoulder cuff other arm so that causes constant pain. Total hip total knee. Three back surgeries! The last one in 2015 Spinal Fusion. I am in constant pain. I’ve tried everything. Injections,PT , burning of the nerves nothing helps! Pain doc has me on Hysingla 40 mg does nothing! Due to terrible upper gut ulcers from upper bowel obstruction ( that was because when I had an emergency splenectomy the surgeon tied a knot in my stomach!) I feel like all the docs treat me like a druggie it could be in my head but I do get the feeling even from the pharmacy I feel like a criminal and I’ve never done anything wrong with these stupid meds that do nothing! This Hysingla is sooo expensive! Thanks for letting me rant”

Anthony92 August 7, 2018

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: “I’ve been suffering from chronic pain for 6 years now due to 3 lumbar herniated discs and osteoarthritis. I’ve been taking Norco 10/325 4 times a day with okay relief. Recently my doctor had me try Hysingla 40mg and honestly it just doesn’t work! It only lasts about 16-18 hours and it made me feel very lethargic, anxious and I would have a lot of breakthrough pain throughout the day plus it was $413!! and my insurance refused to cover it. After talking with my doctor he switched me to MS Contin. That medication so far has worked so much better than any other extended release opioid. If you suffer from chronic pain I recommend you try MS Contin. It works great and it’s very cheap even without insurance”

Balanced1125 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2018

For Pain: “I have used for this for hard to relieve chronic pain for several years without abusing. My dosage and usage has not increased from the time I was first prescribed hydrocodone many years to manage my chronic condition. Unfortunately, there are those who have used this medication recklessly, if not recreationally, triggering the backlash we hear about. There are others who have been lax in safeguarding this and other controlled substances in their homes. Bottom line when used and safeguarded responsibly, this medication can and has provided pain relief to many like who have tried many without success.”