User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Endometriosis 5 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 29 reviews 169 medications

5.1
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 452 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "Since starting it has helped a lot with my periods. Haven't noticed any changes in acne, unless I'm not paying too much attention. Overall I feel it's a good birth control and it's effective, but I've only been on it for 3 months and when I started this pill I weighed 145lbs and am now weighting about 160... with that being said I'm not happy with my body or myself because I was wondering where this random weight gain came from and then it occurred to me that I started a new birth control. If you are sensitive and have low self esteem like me, consider that this might make you gain weight before taking."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've only been on tri-sprintec for a month and I'm already having severe side effects. Nausea, headaches, acne worse than I've ever had in my life, and the worst, severe anxiety and depression. The second week I experienced suicidal intrusive thoughts that caused me to go into panic attacks. The only upside for me was that it helped my heavy flow and shortened my period from 6 or 7 days to 4 days. I would much rather live with a long, heavy period than what I went through for a week straight."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "For the past few years, five years to be exact, I have struggled with acne pretty badly. The beginning of this year (February) I decided to try and do something about it, I went to my nearby Planned Parenthood and got prescribed to Ortho Tri Cyclen. I went to my local pharmacy to pick up my pills only to see they had given me Tri Sprintec as it was moderately cheaper and "made of the same ingredients". I have not had many problems on this pill.. no weight gain, no cramps, no nausea... but my face... it got extremely worse. My entire right side of my cheek and my chin broke out in large patches of cystic acne.... only to have it clear up significantly during my placebo pill week... In fact I have heard many stories of the brand name/generic having extremely different affects on some people... so within the next few days I'm switching over to the brand name and hoping for the best."

Krislyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this BC for 5 years now and I think it works well. My periods are lighter, my acne has cleared up and it has prevented pregnancy. The only downside to this medication is that you will most likely gain a few lbs."

KitKat_ June 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Tri-Sprintec for two months. I took this medication to help with my extremely painful periods. I used to have debilitating periods every month but since taking this medication, I've had very little or no pain during my period. I didn't even need to use Ibuprofen. I have not gained weight on this pill. I have acne and the pill didn't reduce it so that sucks. My main side effect of this pill is fatigue. I've had a ton of fatigue since taking this but I feel like it's been getting better. My breasts before taking this pill was 36C, I feel like my breasts have grown 2 sizes up which is unfortunate for me. It's normal to feel nauseous when starting this pill. I take this pill after I eat dinner so I feel that it helps with that"

DimkaBear June 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 3 months and for me I only get pimples during the period week, I have gained weight but only 8lbs through out the whole 3 months, and I have a very high sex drive during the second week. The week before my period I am doing good, but the last 2 days I get mood swings and craving of food. Personally I don't get headache, cramps, or pain. Also I have a light flow now, I use to have to have a VERY heavy flow."

Anonymous May 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took this pill for less than two months and my face is now covered in horrible cystic acne and scars. New breakouts every single day. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Horrible breakout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for 4 months and it has been awful. I originally got on it for my horrible stomach cramps and my irregular period. I will say that it has regulated my period and even made it light which has been great. But I have been sick almost daily. I have gained a bit of weight since I started taking it 4 months ago. I have awful headaches every day as well as stomach cramps. I would not recommend this medication at all!!!!!!!"

KaylaS1 May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just started sprintec two days ago & I hate it! I've been vomiting every since I started taking the pill."

ShantelDenise (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking tri-sprintec for about 5 years. It stared when I was 15, and the first few months my face had acne absolutely everywhere; the acne lasted about 3 months. Some of the side effects did occur to me such as anxiety, mood swings.. but the most important fact is that I have not gotten pregnant, and the pill is easily affordable.. so that's why I keep using it."

tina* (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on this pill for 3 months and 5 days and I want to die. My moderate acne has gotten worse. So bad that get big cystic pimples all over. I also have a bunch of white heads and my forehead is bumpy. My anger is out the roof and the first 2 months my boobs felt like they were going to fall off. I'm willing to stick it out to the 5th month but if not I will be getting off this pill"

Help me pls April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking them to prevent pregnancy the first few days it was OK but I did get a big pimple but other than that my skin seems to be clearing up but I will say I noticed I'm gaining weight already"

Queeniezz April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on this bc to prevent pregnancy. I guess I should preface this review by saying I was off hormonal bc for almost 4 years, so my reaction could have been, in part, due to that fact. I was only able to take this bc for 4 days. The first thing I noticed was the nausea, and the ill feeling I had throughout the whole day. I couldn't eat, my appetite decreased a lot. It made my anxiety 3x worse, and it also made me depressed to the point where it was getting crippling, and I couldn't go through the day without feeling like I needed to cry, at the most random times. I read some people saying they had a feeling of dread while taking this bc. I had that too. I had the worst insomnia I've had in my life. worst bc I've ever taken!"

Juliannnna April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Cleared my acne super well and made my period regulated, but I've gained 20 pounds in the past 8 months using it. my metabolism has slowed down, and my whole self confidence is just gone because of my weight gain."

addy_40650980124134567 April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started on trinessa 7 years ago, I had no problems whatsoever! It actually worked very well! Because of changing insurance companies I had to change pharmacies and I could only receive trisprintec. The pharmacist said it was the same thing..although it was a pill 3x bigger. I don't believe it was the same dosage. Anyways when I first took the pill I noticed from the first day I was nauseous. I ended up quitting my birth control cold turkey on the 6th day of the pack because I couldn't stand the nausea, headaches, and hot flashes. Since I'm planning on starting a family here in a few months I am just going to stay away from this birth control method. I would not recommend this medication..although everyone is different. Just not for me."

ADenise April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I always had acne around periods but after I had my son it got severe. So much so that it left scars from inflammation that would make one zit into a pea sized bump deep under my skin that was painful and caused anxiety, depression and so on. After seeing a Dermatoligist he prescribed a combo of 3 to combat it. The tri sprintec to regulate hormones, a light topical antibiotic lotion clyndomicin I think and a year of doxycycline antibiotics. It took time but after the antibiotics took care of the infection with this pill it seemed to prevent acne. My reason for thinking this is the only time it's gotten bad again is after running out and going a month without or an occasional pimple during the placebo week. Overall it helped a great deal..."

Sarha85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was on this pill for 4 months and half. I didn't finish the last month because I COULD NOT stand the way I was feeling anymore. I had constant mood swings and was irritated basically all the time. My acne got worse even after having been on the pill for 4 months already. I switched now to a progesterine-only pill because I was having terrible migraines as well."

Pcamii_ March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm going to give this a 6 on the review scale. This is because I am only on my third day. So far I have had a CRAZY HIGH sex drive. I have had a couple of pimples pop up but not as bad as the reviews I've seen. There's also been some minor cramping but I just got off of my period before starting so that could be it. I will do another review after a month of being on this pill. But so far so good"

Nicky596 March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This bc nearly killed me. I had Terrible migraines once I started this Rx, ultimately was helicoptered to the nearest big city hospital and suffered a hemiplegic migraine, with stroke like symptoms.This bc is poison. I gave this a 1 rating because 0 was not an option. If you are taking tri sprintec, STOP. You don't even know the damage this is causing you, blood clots, strokes. Stop taking this bc now!!"

IzzyAl March 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on Tri Sprintec for 8 months. I started taking it because my previous birth control, Aubra (aka Lutera, Alesse, many more), gave me cystic acne and oily skin for the first time in my life. Tri Sprintec has not helped me. I thought it would definitely get rid of the oily skin (it made it worse) and at least the small pimples (it gave me MORE all over my forehead). I have 5 more days of Tri Sprintec left and after that, I'm going to try to go off birth control altogether. I never had acne before I went on BC so we will see what happens. I also read that generic OTC makes acne worse, so maybe consider paying extra for brand name OTC if acne is your main concern. Good luck!"

kellysokola March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I've tried many methods to reduce pain and period flow for endometriosis and tri sprintec was the only thing that worked. Yeah you get nausea but that's common with birth control. I've been using it altogether for 4 years I have no children and no pain in my pelvis while using it. Was the best one for me."

10009Jess March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got on this med due to breakthrough bleeding and periods on my last med(ortho-try-cylen) . So far I've had no issues with bleeding. But I've been nauseous every time I take it with a headache almost daily, more depressed and anxious, I feel angry a lot of the time, and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I get shooting pains through my right ovary and recently took a trip to the ER due to unbearable tearing pains in my ovaries. Needless to say I'm not going to continue this med. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't suggest this one if you don't want to vomit almost daily."

Samantha283950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017