User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 9 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 29 reviews 169 medications

5.1
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 427 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Tri-Sprintec when I was 15 years old to regulate my period. I turn 20 in two weeks and have been taking this birth control consistently. I have had minimum issues (occasional breast tenderness-- no big deal). All birth controls have their side effects but to say that this would alter my decision to take this birth control is bizarre. I have sex with my partner about every other day and we NEVER use condoms. However, he only "finishes" in me once or twice every few months. Even then, I have (luckily) had no problems. I have had no weight gain or mood swings, or any other side effects. It has also kept my face perfectly clear since it doubles as an acne- fighter. Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend to younger people."

ChristalJoy February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "*DISCLAIMER* I only used tri-sprintec for 8 days. I discontinued use because of the side-effects. I had previously used NuvaRing, which did not give me any noticeable side-effects, but with tri-sprintec I was nauseous all eight days, felt bloated, and had severe mood depression. The reason I stopped so early on was the depression. I'm a student and it just wasn't worthwhile to me to be dealing with depression on top of a heavy course load."

Mack305 February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this brand not a whole yr now and I have experienced mood changes and my sex drive is down the drain. The thought of sex is not appealing at all. I have noticed when I take the pill at night before bed I instantly have cravings but luckily I'm able to control it to avoid weight gain. The only best thing from this experience is not getting pregnant which I have no sex drive like I'd mentioned. In my opinion no birth control is perfect or good for you physically or mentally but we all need something to help to avoid pregnancy."

Psumpt February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was using Tri-Previfem for 2 1/2 years (absolutely loved), but last June when we moved my new pharmacy changed my brand to Tri-Sprintec. Low and behold, four months into the new pill, I got pregnant. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 10. Never had an issue with birth control before. I'm very upset with this brand and I don't recommend it."

jnb1988 February 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am 18 and have been on this for nearly a year now, and originally started this due to severe period cramps that became unbearable. It makes them less severe, but I still have them but it's bearable now. The only side effect is the breast pain and swelling. I get sore before the placebo week and my breasts have gone up literally 2 cup sizes, at first it was ok but now it's annoying. I haven't gained weight and I think I've lost weight instead so that's a plus considering the breast increase. For birth control it works well, just the breast soreness and delayed period on the placebos caused worry for a while, but now I know it's just the pill. Overall it works good and I'll continue to take it!"

Victra February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had severe anxiety and loss of motivation since starting this 2 months ago. My emotions have been out of control. I have had weight gain and water retention. The pain I used to experience due to my endometriosis is nonexistent now, but the vaginal dryness I've started experience has made sex equally as painful. I've been constantly exhausted but unable to fall asleep. I am done with this medication"

Cm005Danielle February 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've waited out the three month wait time of absolute hell. Since starting Tri Sprintec my anxiety is through the roof, which exacerbates my depression to the point of me having suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I can't wait to see my doctor and switch to a new pill. At 25 yo my acne had subsided from the teenage years, but since I was started on Tri Sprintec it has come back. I thought maybe it would just come and go around the time of my period. Nope. Still here and even more coming in. I feel like I am back to being a teenager again with this acne and crazy mood swings. I am crying over anything and everything. Maybe these side effects will go away in more time but I can't handle this any longer to find out."

Nicole S February 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ovarian Cysts "In early November of 2016, I was Diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed birth control named " Tri-Sprintec",and a 100 mg per pill diuretic named, "spiralactone." The reason I was easily diagnosed with PCOS is due to the unbelievable painful menstrual periods I would experience time after time. Not only that, random black hairs would pop up around my face and I'd have to constantly, routinely, pluck my chin for to get rid of the single course black stubborn hairs. Before I had my medication my acne and facial hair was terrible my depression and anxiety made me want to hide. After 3 months of the combinations it meds I have notice an instant improvement to my skin. I can't wait for the day where I'm completely acne free"

AriGold (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication since I was 17. I'm now 25 so roughly 8 years. I was off of it for a few months also. I've never been pregnant or gained weight. They do cause sore breasts but it eventaully goes away. Only take as they prescribed. I missed a few days once and took the pills all at one time. I did have pain and bleeding. But if taken regularly and correctly I've had a positive experience"

Amberlyn6991 January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Going on 8 days of heavy period that started in the middle of my pack. I have a new boyfriend so this isn't working for me"

Jess from wA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm 18 and have had pretty awful acne since I was 12. My doctor prescribed Tri-Sprintec mainly for the acne, but also for period regulation and birth control. In the 2 weeks I've been taking it, I haven't experienced any of the mood swings or breast tenderness/growth that others have. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm home from college and so eating poorly and not exercising, so I can't really blame that on the birth control. My acne has gotten 10 times worse since starting, with lots of breakouts on my forehead, chin, and around my mouth which used to be completely clear. As frustrating as it is, I'll stick with it for a few months and hope that my body adjusts and the acne clears up!"

Still Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm new to the whole birth control thing. My first try was seasonique it was perfect until I got migraines out of this world after 2 months of taking it. I told my doctor and she told me to give Tri-Sprintec a try. On this pill you absolutely must eat before you take it with seasonique I wasn't use to that so I had to get into the habit of eating in the morning before I take my pills. Other than nausea and vomiting when I first started I have no complaints. There are occasional cramps and sore breasts but that wasn't really a bother to me."

Sunfløwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Used for birth control and period issues- very unhappy Worked good for preventing pregnancy, along with terrible side effects Hard time sleeping( if any) Nightmares ANXIETY Depression The list goes on, everybody is different I recommend trying this pill to see if it's for you, it just wasn't for me. Switching back to my old birth control"

BC user 123 January 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Please move on to another birth control. I have been on this for 2 weeks and I started my period. It has been this worst experience of my life. I'm going thro a box of super plus tampons a day (I'm not a heavy bleeder) I am questioning my sanity. I honestly feel like crawling in a hole and dying. The first 3 days of this period I did not get out of bed. Then I had to work, and I'm in so much pain. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just don't even try this pill. I promise, it's not worth it."

Desyking January 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Terrible pill. It was recommended to me FOR my acne and made it worse. Also, be ready to cry ALL THE TIME for no reason at all."

Anonymous January 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I have cystic acne which isn't awful but this pill made it a lot worse. I tried a lot of different acne products and treatments and none worked so I've tried 2 birth control pills to help, this being my second try. I followed my doctors advice to give it at least 6 months and it has only made my acne worse. It is redder, more painful, and a lot deeper than before, and it has spread all over my face and become splotchy. I also get a lot of fevers and awful cramps all throughout the month. I also use birth control pills to stop my periods. The first day I went on it I got my period (it was awful and lasted 14 days). Now I keep getting them so it's not working. Don't let my experience sway you too much but unfortunately it just dosen't work."

Snowpaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I love Tri-Sprintec , it has saved me from many different incidents. I highly recommend any young person between 14-30 to be on this, does not make you gain weight, it makes your diet steady!"

Becca.Leigh December 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "With every online review you have to take with a grain of salt. Everyones bodies are different. I was prescribed with tri-sprintec when I was 15 and have been using it for the last 5 years. I rarely had any skin problems, besides the monthly pop-ups everyone gets. Stress, food, genetics and physical health are contributors to breaking out too. I didn't gain any weight, I didn't get sick (unless I took it on an empty stomach), and for being sexually active for a few years, with this pill I haven't gotten pregnant. There are several reviews out there that are horrible, but my experience has been a good one. I am sorry for those who experiences otherwise but don't let all the negativity deter you from choosing something that could be good for you."

BCbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm 22, I have very sensitive skin and stomach. I started this pill in September and it's now mid-December. The first month I had nausea, the second month I had various digestive issues (slightly worse than usual), and now in the 3rd full month, I am having breakouts. The nausea and the stomach issues have cleared up so I'm holding out for the acne to clear up. Meanwhile, my breasts have grown two inches! The side effects aren't so bad and the acne I have now isn't much worse than what I had before. Some people say they've experienced mood swings, depression, or change in sex drive but I haven't noticed that at all."

Mehry December 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ovarian Cysts "I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 14 and I'm now 23. I've been on and off different forms of BC. Tri-Sprintec is the ONLY form of BC that has helped me. My periods are regulated, I have no acne, no unwanted facial hair, and it hasn't made me gain any kind of weight. The only negative affect I've experienced with Tri-Sprintec is an occasional headache. Other than that, it works great!"

BMNS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took this medication for 5 months. I started off the first couple months with lots of nausea and my breasts were constantly sore. I decided to wait it out, but today had to call my doctor to get it switched. While on this medication, my breasts were constantly tender and very painful. I also felt nauseous a lot and on the first day of my last period I had to miss school because of it. My PMS symptoms seemed worse. It did work to prevent pregnancy, because my sex drive is non-existent. I also experienced dryness l, which I have never had a problem with. Other than the breast soreness and nausea, I didn't gain any weight or have any other issues."

Keri N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over a year now. I was first on ortho tri cyclen lo (tr sprintec is the generic for this) and I absolutely loved it. I never felt moody crampy or had heavy periods. I switched to tri sprintec due to insurance, not for any side effect reasons, I was disappointed to change but I was happy it was basically the same. I feel slightly moody during the first week just like you would during PMS (3-4 first pills in the pack) but no physical changes. My period usually arrives 2-3 days after my pack ends and lasts about 5-6 days and is pretty light except for about a day or two of normal bleeding. I know medications affect everyone differently, so I suggest trying it before letting any negative review sway you."

Ellie M December 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ovarian Cysts "This pill made my anxiety terrible!!! My hormones were so out of wack while taking the pill. I would get so dizzy which was very scary. Not to mention my breasts always hurt. The different amount of hormones each week really messes with your body! I used to be on just sprintec and it was way better than tri sprintec '!!"

Ttt3 December 9, 2016