User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Endometriosis

5.8

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 6.1 479 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Acne "I am just starting my third pack of this birth control and it has not been a fun experience at all. I've gotten headaches every single day, gained weight due to an increased appetite, and my acne has gotten worse. I used to get minor breakouts leading up to my period, but now I get 2-3 new cystic acne spots nearly everyday. The only time my acne calms down is during the placebo week. I am going to finish this third pack and see what happens but if nothing changes I am definitely switching. As of right now would definitely NOT recommend this birth control."

sydddddddd November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been off Tri-Sprintec for two weeks now and I feel like myself again. I was extremely moody towards my husband for the last 9 months. I just feel happier. The pill was effective though because I didn't get pregnant. I also didn't have any weight gain and my skin was fine. Just be aware that you can become very emotional and irritable after taking this pill. I'll be looking for another contraceptive that doesn't do that to my body."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I went to the ER because I was having horrible pains in my lower pelvic area. I’ve never engaged in sexual activity at the time so STIs we’re out of the question. Also, I hadn’t had a period in about 7 months. They found a small ovarian cyst on my Fallopian tube. Nonetheless, my gynecologist prescribed me Tri-Sprintec and I’ve had positive results from it overall. I’ve been taking it since 2014. My periods have become regulated and I lost the weight that I gained during those months I didn’t have a period. The only negative thing I can say about it is that, mood swings are horrible. I’ve always been a sensitive person but sheesh, this made me even more sensitive. I acknowledge it and I try to keep my mood under control."

tanoro (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 2 years, it raised by blood pressure, I gained about 20 pounds and my acne got slightly worse. I don’t know why it took me so long to get off of it but I’m so happy I did."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not use this birth control. I was on yaz for a year and it did a great job at keeping facial hair and acne at bay for my PCOS. I had no negative side effects except for breakthrough bleeding which after dealing with this Tri Sprintec, doesn’t even compare. The first two days I felt fine. After that, forget it. I started to get extremely bloated, gassy, nausea, and heartburn. It would come for a couple hours each day. Now, 5 days later everything is constant and won’t go away I feel absolutely horrible. I went to the ER last night thinking I had a bowel obstruction but now thinking, it has to be the birth control. Can’t wait until this horrible pill gets out of my system."

abbyc904 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used to only get a pimple here and there on my cheeks. When I started Tri-Sprintec my acne got significantly worse. I was getting deep cystic zits all over my cheeks. After 3 months or so my acne calmed down but it was still worse than before. A year later and my acne is still worse than when I started the medication but I'm terrified to go off of it because I'm scared of the breakout that will happen when I go off of it. Wish I never started taking it, it's ruining my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I went on this medicine for birth control. When I first started it I only got pimples the week of my period, I had really bad cramps(to the point I threw up every month), and I was really fit. Fast forward 6 months- my face breaks out all the time and is never clear (no matter how much I wash it), the cramps got better, and I gained 10 lbs all in my mid area. This medicine did make my boobs become fuller and my period was on time every month. This medicine also made me VERY moody and I cried over the smallest things almost every day. The weight gain + countless emotional breakdowns/anxiety attacks were way too overwhelming for me so I just switched to a different BC!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for 3 weeks and the first week was fine I didn't notice changes. The 2 week I noticed a pimple on my nose and that was strange because I haven't had any pimples since a teenager. The 3rd week I began to feel very tired nausea and having migraines all the time even in my sleep. My stomach hurt a lot and I find myself being hungry in my sleep. This bc only helped with increasing my sex drive for the first 2 weeks. After that I'm just always sick as if I'm pregnant but I've tested and I am not. The only reason why I was prescribed this bc was because of back pains and lower abdominal pains and now that I know that the pain that I'm having with my back and stomach is because I have an herniated disc."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My daughter was a high school XC & Track athlete. She was a class champion in both XC & Track & was recruited to run on college. My daughter was prescribed this pill in February 2017 for acne & to help control her period. At. First it was ok. The acne cleared up & her period was less severe. She had an amazing Indoor track season qualifying for National competition. Then In April she began to experience muscle fatigue & weight gain. Also mood swings. Her race times dropped drastically! We went to the DR ran blood test etc. Everything came back fine. I started to look at the side effects of this pill and began to look into the effect of the pill on female athletes. Not good! Athletes do not take Tri-Sprintec!!!!!!!"

Laroman October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First and last month on this. I did notice mild nausea for a half a day at the start of the pack but that went away quickly. I'm not sure if I've gained any weight but it sure does seem like it. My breasts are wayyyy more tender than they ever have been but the worst thing is the spotting. I've been spotting for the last three days and its so painful. My periods are usually easy and last only a few days. The cramps I've experienced before this pill were mild compared to the cramps brought on my Tri Lo. I was on Yaz when I was 18 and had NO issues with it so I'm going to try switching. The spotting is horrible and I think it's given me a yeast infection or something cause I'm unusually itchy. I'M DONE WITH THIS PILL!!"

HollyHollyHolly October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Took this pill for 3 months now, it was effective for regulating my irregular cycle and did a good job on clearing up any skin acne . However it took me several months to figure out why I was suffering from insomnia . I when taking this pill I had feelings of anxiety and such horrible insomnia I would wake up at night an hour into sleeping and just never go back to sleep. My heart would pound, I was sweating, it wasn't until I started marking on my calendar what days I had insomnia and saw a distinct pattern and realized it must be my birth control pill. I saw my doctor who let me know that what I was experiencing is called anxiety attacks. I've never had anxiety didn't even know what an anxiety attack was but this side effect is debilitating"

Abee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Oh my goodness..never in my life have I felt so miserable from a birth control pill. The side effects were so extreme they made everyday tasks almost unmanageable. The nausea, fatigue, and dizziness every single day really took a toll on me physically and emotionally. I would even get a tingling sensation in my hand and my legs would feel extremely heavy which caused major anxiety. I didn’t continue this pill any longer. I was so scared of what it may have caused next. Mini pill here I come..."

kileym (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Tri Sprintec 2 weeks ago after being off of BC for several (7) years. I was very nervous to start again because I had so many negative experiences in the past with the pill which ultimately led me to quit BC altogether. After 2 weeks into Tri Sprintec, I have had very mild side effects from this medication. A little nausea in the evening the first few days, some lightheaded ness, and I do notice my heart rate has increased (I am usually operating on low blood pressure anyway so its easy to notice). So far I cannot complain about this pill and it has given me no reason to consider switching at this point. Keep in mind people are more driven to write a negative review so take it as prescribed and see for yourself."

Puggbugg (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Please please read !!!! When I was younger my skin was good I would get a pimple here and there as a common teen, but later I broke out not bad don't get me wrong but I broke out on my cheeks, a lot on my forehead. I would have tiny skin coloured bumps , they would go and come back here and there , so my cheeks I usually have got like at least 6 zits on them , my skin is soft but I have red spots all over my checks. Anyway so let's get into tri sprintec I had gone to my Dermatologist and he prescribed me some ointment and some sensitive skin facial cleanser and now I had been prescribed tri sprintec and let me tell you worst experience EVER!! I only last 2 days !!! Headaches and vomiting ! Lost 12 p"

Sofia527 September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for just over 3 months & I am having the WORST side effects. My hair has been falling out constantly, my mood swings are absolutely insane, I have no sex drive, my anxiety has been through the roof, & I feel very depressed (I also feel very bad for my husband trying to deal with me like this) I finally just had to stop taking it!"

lrnhrsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had INTENSE period cramps and always had heavy periods that would last 3-5 days. The tri-spintec helped with a cramps and I have been on this medication for almost two years now, I have no sex drive and mild depression along with bad weight gain and I play soccer and run 3.5 k almost every practice still couldn't loose weight. And the main reason I got it was to help with cramps and chance of cyst on ovaries, now it doesn't help with cramps anymore and I'm not happy, I'm switching to kyleena implant. Overall it was an ok method, never used it for actual birth conrtol, so no idea if it works effectively that way."

Maggers98 September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on this for so long and once getting off of it, I had a hard time getting pregnant"

HeatherAC August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Seems like it's working as birth control. My skin looks very good on it, kind of velvety and with 50% less break outs. I've gotten comments about how good I look, and even my body seems to have a more feminine shape to it, larger breasts, smaller stomach, it must have gotten rid of all my free testosterone. But I also got extremely dehydrated on this medication, so be sure you hydrate and replace all your electrolytes. I also had a period that lasted 12 days, which was super annoying. So my advice, when taking this is to be extra careful with your daily routine, sleep routine, food, drinking, exercise. Really stick to your routine and if something is off, see your doctor."

AnnieBanana (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this medication when I was 15 because I had extremely painful, irregular, and stressful periods. I never knew when it would start or end, and I almost always had to miss at least one day of school per period. It sucked. When I started this medication, I did notice some spotting for the first month of use. I then had my period and I never spotted again! It's been three years since I started this medication, and I've only gained 5 pounds in that time, so I'm assuming it's unrelated to the medication. I have not noticed any cravings, mood changes, or acne while on this medication."

Nana Nana (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I took this pill for 3 months, and I got acne after 6 days of the first pack. It never cleared up completely until after I stopped taking the pill. It would clear up a little during the placebo week. I've never had a problem with hormonal acne, and I broke out over my shoulders, and chin significantly. It was extremely embarrassing,"

Tommieeee August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on sprintec since I was 16 and am now 18. Originally when I started taking tri sprintec I noticed myself being hungry and eating a lot of food in the middle of the night. I've always been super thin and I still am because it only made me gain weight during the first six months of taking it then I worked out and burned it all off! I no longer gain weight and I've had severe acne all my life since I was in elementary school and now I don't have a single pimple on my body!!!! I take it every morning consistently and it's been working great for me! I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend of a few years and it has protected me from getting pregnant. I highly recommend tri sprintec b/c symptoms during the first few months are normal."

Kelsey00195 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have had irregular periods for a long time I was on Ortho Lo but due to insurance I had to take Tri Sprintec. I read a lot of the reviews and I was so scared to even give in to taking them but I was bleeding off and on for 5 months so I felt as of I had no choice. I never got sick I felt a little light headed no sore breasts or anything my stomach did feel a little weird but like most meds you should eat at least an hour before taking it. My the time I reached my white pills I started my period it was awful but that due to the fact I didn't really have a period in months I could barely work I changed a super plus tampon every hour after that day it was manageable. So far so good though."

A1Jw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for the past week and 2 days and I have never in my life experienced depression being on this birth control has made me severely depressed.Very sad cried for 2 days and didn't know why I am 20 and haven't been on bc for like 5 years decided to take this to help with heavy periods .. also I've been throwing up in the morning my boobs are tender and my face is breaking out I'm going to say DEPRESSED one more time being it is seriously messing with who I am .. I would not recommend"

Jazminnichole July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on it for about 5 years now. Cleared my acne that I had on my face, chest, and back. Still have small breakouts here and there but nothing compared to before I was on it. I have gained a small amount of weight but not bad weight, I love it! Lol I have unprotected sex with my husband that I've been with for 6 years and haven't gotten pregnant lol"

521nma (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2017