User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.7

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 5.8 605 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I had ever tried and it wasn’t bad. Only reason I stopped taking it was because my face wasn’t as clear as I wanted and my doctor told me we could find something better. No weight gain, I actually lost weight on this. A little moodier than usual but nothing too bad (also could be my body’s reaction to the changing dosage each week). This pill is really middle of the road, or at least was in my experience. It’s a good birth control. It’ll regulate your periods. Nothing more beyond that really. I’m still being switched around and this is the one I’m going back to if estarylla doesn’t work out for me."

riskit4thebiscuit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2019

For Birth Control "So, I was taking Tri-Nessa for 3 years and had 0 problems with it. Best birth control pill ever. Anyways my insurance switched me to Tri-Sprintec and it has been the worst 6 months ever. I STILL get nauseous after taking it and I feel that way for hours on end. I get period like cramps every single day even when I am not on my cycle. I find myself crying randomly and my mood swings are outrageous. I have always had clear skin I never had an issue with acne while growing up and now I am 25 with a forehead full of acne, that I can't get rid of for nothing! Not like all those symptoms weren't enough I was on a weight loss spree before I was switched and had lost 25 pounds before taking these meds I literally gained 20 of it back after taking this. I hate this pill and already talked to my doctor two days ago about changing it. Next refill I am getting something different. Do not take this medication it is the worst!!!!"

Cici (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I just start Tri-Sprintec for my first time and first day taking the pill so far I haven't experienced side effects for my first time.. and first day so that's a good sign, but still waiting on my period to come to see anything else to occur. I just wanna gain weight honesty."

Lovely24 April 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I got switched to this medication unknowingly after being a diehard Tri-Nessa fan. The Tri-Sprintec is not the same for me, this isn't even close to being an adequate replacement. I have cried non-stop for weeks, and I didn't know what was wrong with me until I realized that my pill had been switched!! First of all, what the heck man, and second of all.... very noticeable difference. I am unstable as anything and everything feels off."

Reba (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2019

For Birth Control "Been on this for about three months since they discontinued Trinessa and forced this pill on me and let me tell you this has easily been the worst three months of my life. I need birth control to keep me regular and keep my skin clear (which this pill is only ok at doing), but it is not worth the mental damage this pill is doing to me. I’m fine the first two weeks but as soon as I start week three I feel like I’m going crazy! I cry over everything and panic and become so anxious I need anti-anxiety meds and I even have extreme dark thoughts. As soon as I finish this pill pack I’m done for good because this is not worth it it’s ruined all of my personal relationships and motivation for even succeeding in school. (Writing this on the first day of week three in case you were wondering)"

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking Tri-Sprintec birth control for about 2 weeks now. This is the first time I have taken birth control, so like any person I came to check the reviews to see other people’s experiences as well as asking friends and I truly believe that EVERY BODY is different. I was very hesitant about buying it after reading all the horrible reviews I read but still decided to give it a try. I have not had ANY side effects whatsoever from Tri-Sprintec, I am living my normal life just like before I started taking birth control, I haven’t really noticed any changes in my skin, neither good or bad which is fine with me. I truly do recommend for people to give this birth control a try, don’t be scared because of everything you read because like I said earlier everyone’s body reacts differently. If you do go ahead and give it a try and you don’t like it or it doesn’t work for you just look for different brands there’s nothing wrong with trying!"

Mireyaf84 (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "Started with bad headaches, then bleeding off period (spotting at first, then heavy bleeding for two weeks), then severe depression (have been crying for four days). I’ve not experienced side effects like this from any drug before. This was the first month I’d taken Tri Sprintec (has taken Tri Nessa for three years with zero side effects). My insurance company switched ... really wish they hadn’t."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen 20 years ago. A couple of years back, I was switched to TriNessa, with no issues. Now, both Ortho Tri-Cyclen and TriNessa are no longer being made, so the pharmacy switched me to Tri-Sprintec. I was told that Tri-Sprintec is the exact same formula as TriNessa, and I was very obviously lied to. This medication has caused a red, bumpy rash all over my face. It’s awful. I’ve had to stop taking it. I never had any problems at all with Ortho Tri-Cyclen or TriNessa. TriSprintec is horrible!"

Betty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2019

For Acne "I was assured by my prescriber (NurX) that this birth control would specifically clear my skin, as that was my main concern with choosing a birth control. This has been my worst experience ever. My skin is worse than it has ever been (I can't even cover it with full coverage makeup). I have experienced severe breast pain for three months now. I had a constant flow of discharge for the first month. I had terrible head aches and mood swings-- I even almost passed out a few times during the first couple of weeks on this pill. I would not recommend this pill to ANYONE, nor would I recommend trusting NurX as a prescriber."

TayTay88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I had to stop taking it. I was really irritable and moody. Gaining weight as well"

Cc March 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Increased depression and headaches all the time. Got rashes around my face and broke out really bad. Anxiety and mood swings off the roofs. Still have cramps and gained so much weight. No sex drive what so ever and feel nausea all the time."

Cookie March 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri-Sprintec BC for about 6 months. Due to the fact the other BC I was on was discontinued. Since taking this bc my periods have been HEAVY and last anywhere from 1-3 weeks! Huge blood clots and having to change my tampon every hour. In between periods I would get yeast infections too! I discontinued using the BC about a week ago and will switch to another once I can get in with my dr."

Elainerose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2019

For Birth Control "My gyn prescribed Tri-Sprintec to help alleviate my bad cramps. The first week was ok, I experienced a bit of nausea but luckily I never had any vomiting. By the second week everything had gone downhill. I started experiencing cramps daily, backache, fatigue, increased anxiety and dizziness. A couple of times I felt my heart rate increase but it didn't last long. The cramps and backache were so bad that I went to the hospital thinking that I had appendicitis! I told my gyn and she advised me to finish the pack and then I didn't have to take them anymore, but the dizziness was so bad for me that I didn't take the last two active pills. I also experienced vaginal dryness which caused painful sex, as well as a loss of sexual interest. Today would have been my last active pill for the pack, and while I'm still feeling a little dizzy and even having some slight vision blurring (kind of like dry or tired eyes) I feel better than I have the past two weeks."

LapisUClod (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2019

For Birth Control "The first three days of the first couple of months on Tri-sprintec are a bit weird.. mood swings and nausea but then your body quickly adjusts. My period comes around the same time every month, but I am heavier the first day. I’ve gained a little bit of weight but nothing too major, also sex drive is the same but it can get a little dry down there. Overall, I have no major complaints with it and I’ve been on for 8 months."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Originally, I was prescribed Tri-nessa and in about November it was either discontinued or Walgreens stopped providing it but I was put on Tri-sprintec and told there would be no “adjustment” period and shouldn’t feel any different starting these pills. Instead, I felt extremely depressed the first two months, my periods became irregular, and I was constantly extremely tired and moody but couldn’t sleep. Doctor told me to stop taking it or ride it out and I decided to continue taking it. Month 4 I have been on my period going on three weeks now."

Alyssa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2019

For Birth Control "Was told that tri sprintec was the same as trinessa, but boy we're they wrong. They might have the same actives but they must have different inadditives or something else in them because I broke out with so many under the skin pimples it hurt to talk. I assumed it was because of the sudden change in BCs but for 4 months I continue to get these painful nodular pimples. The only time I get relief is when it time for my period! Why does trinessa have to discontinued!"

Lilbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

For Acne "Tri-sprintec is HORRIBLE. My dermatologist recommended ortho tri - cyclen but my insurance covered tri sprintec. Within the first few days of taking it I broke out horribly. Cystic acne on my cheeks and around my mouth. I figured my body had to get used to the hormones so I decided to wait it out until I realized my skin kept getting worse and inflamed and I couldn’t take it anymore. I stopped using it after one week and had to try to get my skin back to normal. Worst experience of my life. I’ve been off it for 5 days and my skin is slowly getting better. I do NOT recommend this birth control."

anon (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for 5 months I would start bleeding way before I’m suppose to get my cycle and also I wouldn’t have any type of sex drive and when I did have sex I was very dry down there . Then sometimes I would start spot bleeding this is annoying I don’t like feeling like I’m going to get my period so often I’m going to talk to my Gyn and take me off this brand"

Ramsay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I had been on several forms of BC from Patch to Nuvaring before I relaized low hormonal pills were right for me. So from Ortho tri cyclen Lo (which was lovely) to Trinessa-Lo (when ortho was discontinued) i went and was very satisfied! Then, Trinessa was also discontinued and I was placed on this horrible pill. I gave it 2 months before the constant periods, horrible cystic acne (both previous pills helped my acne), and lack of appetite broke me. Actually, what really caused me to quit was the depression and suicidal thoughts. I've had depression but have never seriously though about self harm or death until this BC. Tri-Lo Sprintec is THE ABSOLUTE WORST"

Sepphie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I was told Tri Sprintec had the same ingredients as tri nessa (tri nessa has been discontinued) so I went with it. I’m on day 6 and it’s been AWFUL! I feel nauseous and sick all day long. My mood is out of control and I get these horrible headaches that won’t go away. I didn’t want to believe the reviews because everyone reacts differently, but this truly is the worst pill I’ve ever been on. I don’t even think I can finish the pack TBH. Nothing like tri nessa."

Sarafizz (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2019

For Acne "I was on orthotricyclin for 5 years before switching healthcare providers, they were only available to get me Tri Lo Sprintec and told me it was basically the same. ITS NOT. I started breaking out TERRIBLY weeks before my period, three days into the pill after the placebo (of which time my breakouts clear totally!!) I start breaking out again. Not only that but BLEEDING is TERRIBLE. I bleed for 3 weeks out of the month on this! I never had that problem on ortho! Then they put me on YAZ to control the breakouts & I started getting reoccurring yeast infections starting same day/pill of each month that would last over a WEEK until I started the placebos and had my period. I dealt with that for 3 months and couldn’t take it, so I went back on trilo and now bleeding and acne again. My Dr told me ortho and trilo are “similar” but trilo is generic and has different things added to it!! I recommend going to PP and getting ortho if your provider does not have it but it works for you."

Bre February 26, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the WORST birth control I have ever taken. My pharmacy switched me to this and I’ve only been on it a little over a week and I have horrible symptoms!! Bloating weight gain, anxiety, oily skin, tiredness, mood swings, anger, diarrhea, you name it. I have never had a birth control this bad in my life. Do NOT take this!!"

CR February 26, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Bleeding for 12 days during second week of pills. Terrible! As soon as I stop bleeding to death I’m going back to the dr to switch back to tri nessa!"

Lyssa (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "Tri sprintec has been the best birth control for me in a really long time. I’ve had it for three months now. I don’t have any mood swings and my boobs are back to there normal size from taking a birth control before that shrunk them. I do eat a lot more and also my periods last weeks I’m on week three of bleeding and it’s been like that since I started. My pharmacy can’t get tri sprintec anymore and want to offer me norgee but I’m VERY specific in what birth control I have to take."

Kber (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I've used Tri-Cyclen for over 3 years with absolutely no issues. I would get a few pimples a month no big deal, I've always had acne prone skin. I've dealt with anxiety issues and depression a few years ago but I haven't had any issues with it since. So my pharmacist tells me they no longer carry Tri-Cyclen and they only have Tri-Sprintec. Let me tell you I am MAD. I had absolutely no warning it was changing and that it would be the exact same. That was a huge lie. I have been taking it for a whole month now and I get deep cystic pimples every day on my cheeks. And my anxiety and depression has come back so hard I don't even want to leave my house. Seriously this is the worst thing that could have ever happened please for the love of god do NOT TAKE THIS. Throwing it in the trash."

Anonymous February 18, 2019