User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Endometriosis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
5.1

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 6.1 491 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Endometriosis "So, I have been taking Tri Sprintec the last 8 years & have had little complaints. Yes, I gained a few pounds when I started it, but most BC pills, you will gain weight from. However, it was a few pounds compared to Yaz, which I gained 20 lbs on. I also had the worst mood swings of my life on Yaz. So my gynecologist switched me to Tri Sprintec about 8 years ago, and I have had very few issues on this pill. My periods are shorter & I noticed my skin is clearer & I am less moody on it. Also, it has helped tremendously with my endometriosis. I still get cramping before and after my period, but it is tolerable, compared to when I took Yaz. I recommend Tri Sprintec for shorter periods, less cramping, and better skin! Again, every woman’s body will react differently, but I have had a pretty good reaction to Tri Sprintec and I have been on it for almost a decade now!"

Kristen 90 February 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first and only birth control pill I have ever been on. I have been on it for 4 years. I have no issues with it. The first three months I had the usual side effects while my body became accustomed to it. Now I am fine. My periods are the same flow but shorter. I used to be 7 days now I am 5. I always know when I get my period. 4 days into the white pill I get it. Once in a while I get sore breasts but other then that no real side effects. I get some cramps before and during my period. I like that it’s only 9 dollars in Walmart without insurance. I don’t have any mood swings or any other crazy side effects. Overall I do recommend for people who wanna be on birth control with periods. Makes you feel normal. It has worked flawlessly for me and I have a lot of sex with my boyfriend. I take it regularly although I’ve had days I forgot to take a pill so when I remembered I took it. Overall I would recommend."

Blonde blue eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst medication I have ever taken. I have bled for 3 months straight, have been nauseous EVERY SINGLE DAY, have had the worst mood swings that it almost split up my and my fiancé, and to beat it all I haven’t had a sex drive because I can't have sex because Of bleeding for 3 months!!! Literally have went through about 5 boxes of tampons (the big kind too). Don’t try it. It’s not worth the complete hell."

Kat Cop January 21, 2018

For Acne "I’ve had mild to moderate acne since I was 13. I’m 28 now. When I first started this pill I had pretty bad heartburn and frequent headaches. My skin didn’t really clear up at first and I thought it wasn’t working that great. I started looking into different pills but wanted to give my body a chance to get used to it so I stuck with it. Around the fifth month I finally started seeing a little improvement in my skin. I’m on my eighth month on it now and my skin is finally clear. I can’t believe I found something that actually worked. I also don’t have heartburn or headaches anymore. I did gain about ten pounds but also was eating bad so I don’t know if I can attribute that to tri Sprintec. I’m so glad I stuck with it!"

Jess L. January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control so far has done me well, my symptoms are tender breasts and fatigue. I do work out so I’m not sure about the weight gain but I haven’t had mood swings or crazy acne like other reviews say. Every woman is different so they will react different to it. But so far this birth control is doing me good."

Lila winnie January 8, 2018

For Acne "Growing up I've always had sensitive skin and mild acne. In Summer of 2016 I went on vacation and when I came back, I broke out terribly, in October 2016, my doctor prescribed me Ortho Tri Cylen but my insurance covered Tri Sprintec. Because of all of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to try it. I didn't really see any dramatic results until the 7 month mark, my skin started clearing up more and more and in the 8th month I had CLEAR SKIN. Overall with clear skin, bigger boobs and no side effects, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with Tri Sprintec!! If you're on the edge about taking this pill, give it a shot! You'll never know if you don't try, this could be your miracle!"

StarDust12384524 January 8, 2018

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to clear up my acne. I’m 19 and in college and all I want right now is great skin. Tri-Sprintec has done the complete opposite for me. My acne is worse than its ever been before. I’ve only been on it for 2-3 months, but the only time my acne begins to clear up is during placebo week. It has been an extremely irritating experience. Not only has it caused terrible breakouts, but it also makes me feel heavier. It’s be a terrible experience. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

bnp98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is a 100% legitimate review, because like everyone else who is looking at these reviews, I was paranoid to take these pills. I had taken them for about a month (I'm on my last 3 pills now for the first pack, this is exactly what I have noticed.) My acne has gotten dramatically better; it's not completely gone, but my face feels smooth for once in my life. I've had severe hormonal acne ever since 6th grade, and I couldn't do anything about it. While taking this pill, I had a small breakout at the start of my period, but it went away reasonably quickly. My breasts have grown, and my figure has become a bit more feminine. I have a more curvy figure. I've experienced no side effects; no weight change or depression."

Jessica (17 Years Old) December 16, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill didn't agree with me (under statement of the year!!!!!!). I tried to stick through it the first month when I bled non stop because I thought my body would get used to it. I also got HORRIBLE acne within the first 6 days. I've never had cystic acne in my life and I now have huge cyst like pimples on my face. I'm at the end of my third pack and I refuse to let it scar up my face anymore."

yoriah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

For Acne "I broke out on this pill for 4 months straight. My acne was way worse that how it was before I started the birth control pill. I got the acne so horribly the first week of starting the birth control. And then, I would get at least two pimples a day; on my cheeks and jaw. The pimples were really big and they would hurt so badly. Once the pimples went down, it left my face with horrible acne scars that I've been trying to clear up for the past month. The pimples would only clear up around my placebo pill week. So when I was on my monthly cycle, my face was beautiful and clear. It's been a month with out the Tri-Sprintec and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I am back confident!!!"

Stay away from this pill!!!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control has lightened and regulated my periods. My sex drive is normal. However I do experience a lot of discharge. I would recommend this birth control to younger women."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been using Tri Sprintec for almost a year. I'm not sexually active, but was prescribed it for month-long PMS, spotting and irregular periods. By irregular I mean 27 days one month, 30 days the next month, 25 the next, and so on. I have 28 days all the time now, occasionally 27. PMS is much better, skin cleared, and I'm much more emotionally stable! I do notice PMS in the last week, but that's to be expected as there's no hormones that week. The other thing I have noticed is that it does dry out my skin, eyes, scalp and vaginal area. I believe that's due to the same stuff that keeps your skin clear. I did notice a bit of nausea in the beginning, but that should go away. It helps to take it at night. All in all, great pill!"

K.H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 24, 2017

For Acne "I am just starting my third pack of this birth control and it has not been a fun experience at all. I've gotten headaches every single day, gained weight due to an increased appetite, and my acne has gotten worse. I used to get minor breakouts leading up to my period, but now I get 2-3 new cystic acne spots nearly everyday. The only time my acne calms down is during the placebo week. I am going to finish this third pack and see what happens but if nothing changes I am definitely switching. As of right now would definitely NOT recommend this birth control."

sydddddddd November 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been off Tri-Sprintec for two weeks now and I feel like myself again. I was extremely moody towards my husband for the last 9 months. I just feel happier. The pill was effective though because I didn't get pregnant. I also didn't have any weight gain and my skin was fine. Just be aware that you can become very emotional and irritable after taking this pill. I'll be looking for another contraceptive that doesn't do that to my body."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "I went to the ER because I was having horrible pains in my lower pelvic area. I’ve never engaged in sexual activity at the time so STIs we’re out of the question. Also, I hadn’t had a period in about 7 months. They found a small ovarian cyst on my Fallopian tube. Nonetheless, my gynecologist prescribed me Tri-Sprintec and I’ve had positive results from it overall. I’ve been taking it since 2014. My periods have become regulated and I lost the weight that I gained during those months I didn’t have a period. The only negative thing I can say about it is that, mood swings are horrible. I’ve always been a sensitive person but sheesh, this made me even more sensitive. I acknowledge it and I try to keep my mood under control."

tanoro (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 2 years, it raised by blood pressure, I gained about 20 pounds and my acne got slightly worse. I don’t know why it took me so long to get off of it but I’m so happy I did."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

For Birth Control "Do not use this birth control. I was on yaz for a year and it did a great job at keeping facial hair and acne at bay for my PCOS. I had no negative side effects except for breakthrough bleeding which after dealing with this Tri Sprintec, doesn’t even compare. The first two days I felt fine. After that, forget it. I started to get extremely bloated, gassy, nausea, and heartburn. It would come for a couple hours each day. Now, 5 days later everything is constant and won’t go away I feel absolutely horrible. I went to the ER last night thinking I had a bowel obstruction but now thinking, it has to be the birth control. Can’t wait until this horrible pill gets out of my system."

abbyc904 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

For Acne "I used to only get a pimple here and there on my cheeks. When I started Tri-Sprintec my acne got significantly worse. I was getting deep cystic zits all over my cheeks. After 3 months or so my acne calmed down but it was still worse than before. A year later and my acne is still worse than when I started the medication but I'm terrified to go off of it because I'm scared of the breakout that will happen when I go off of it. Wish I never started taking it, it's ruining my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I went on this medicine for birth control. When I first started it I only got pimples the week of my period, I had really bad cramps(to the point I threw up every month), and I was really fit. Fast forward 6 months- my face breaks out all the time and is never clear (no matter how much I wash it), the cramps got better, and I gained 10 lbs all in my mid area. This medicine did make my boobs become fuller and my period was on time every month. This medicine also made me VERY moody and I cried over the smallest things almost every day. The weight gain + countless emotional breakdowns/anxiety attacks were way too overwhelming for me so I just switched to a different BC!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for 3 weeks and the first week was fine I didn't notice changes. The 2 week I noticed a pimple on my nose and that was strange because I haven't had any pimples since a teenager. The 3rd week I began to feel very tired nausea and having migraines all the time even in my sleep. My stomach hurt a lot and I find myself being hungry in my sleep. This bc only helped with increasing my sex drive for the first 2 weeks. After that I'm just always sick as if I'm pregnant but I've tested and I am not. The only reason why I was prescribed this bc was because of back pains and lower abdominal pains and now that I know that the pain that I'm having with my back and stomach is because I have an herniated disc."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

For Birth Control "My daughter was a high school XC & Track athlete. She was a class champion in both XC & Track & was recruited to run on college. My daughter was prescribed this pill in February 2017 for acne & to help control her period. At. First it was ok. The acne cleared up & her period was less severe. She had an amazing Indoor track season qualifying for National competition. Then In April she began to experience muscle fatigue & weight gain. Also mood swings. Her race times dropped drastically! We went to the DR ran blood test etc. Everything came back fine. I started to look at the side effects of this pill and began to look into the effect of the pill on female athletes. Not good! Athletes do not take Tri-Sprintec!!!!!!!"

Laroman October 14, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First and last month on this. I did notice mild nausea for a half a day at the start of the pack but that went away quickly. I'm not sure if I've gained any weight but it sure does seem like it. My breasts are wayyyy more tender than they ever have been but the worst thing is the spotting. I've been spotting for the last three days and its so painful. My periods are usually easy and last only a few days. The cramps I've experienced before this pill were mild compared to the cramps brought on my Tri Lo. I was on Yaz when I was 18 and had NO issues with it so I'm going to try switching. The spotting is horrible and I think it's given me a yeast infection or something cause I'm unusually itchy. I'M DONE WITH THIS PILL!!"

HollyHollyHolly October 12, 2017

For Birth Control "Took this pill for 3 months now, it was effective for regulating my irregular cycle and did a good job on clearing up any skin acne . However it took me several months to figure out why I was suffering from insomnia . I when taking this pill I had feelings of anxiety and such horrible insomnia I would wake up at night an hour into sleeping and just never go back to sleep. My heart would pound, I was sweating, it wasn't until I started marking on my calendar what days I had insomnia and saw a distinct pattern and realized it must be my birth control pill. I saw my doctor who let me know that what I was experiencing is called anxiety attacks. I've never had anxiety didn't even know what an anxiety attack was but this side effect is debilitating"

Abee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Oh my goodness..never in my life have I felt so miserable from a birth control pill. The side effects were so extreme they made everyday tasks almost unmanageable. The nausea, fatigue, and dizziness every single day really took a toll on me physically and emotionally. I would even get a tingling sensation in my hand and my legs would feel extremely heavy which caused major anxiety. I didn’t continue this pill any longer. I was so scared of what it may have caused next. Mini pill here I come..."

kileym (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017