User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

5.9

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 6.0 515 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I had started this pill just a week ago, switching from sprintec which wasn’t really helping my awful cramps I get during my period, and within a week of taking tri-sprintec I have thrown up and have been extremely nauseous, I feel like I cannot eat anything anymore. Also, my depression is already a lot worse, to the point where I was questioning my own life last night. Part of me wants to continue to take it to see if maybe the symptoms subside, but the other part fears it’ll only get worse, I don’t want to be moody and depressed longer than I have to. I don’t know what to do"

ali (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Took Tri-sprintec for about 10 days. I’ve noticed I’m not hungry at all during the day but will be starving at night. My face has been breaking out non stop and before this I hadn’t had a pimple in 6 months, I have 4 around my nose. My vagina feels swollen and itchy, very irritated. I stopped taking the birthcontrol yesterday hoping my body goes back to normal :( not worth the side effects. I feel moody and not ok. My stomach has been hurting. Not good. I would recommend not getting the cheapest BC out there."

Alpal June 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 21 and got on tri- sprintec due to not having a period and PCOS. First day taking it just felt mild nausea. Second day I had body aches (as if I have a cold), weakness, bad nausea (but never threw up), headaches, and was not myself. Called to see if I can try a different birth control. The nurse just told me to stop taking it."

GSB (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for a year now. My first month I had a period that lasted the entire month, but it only happened that first month. This birth control does its job of preventing pregnancy. It also helped with my acne (like others have said I get a pimple or two right when my period starts but that’s it). It’s regulated my periods in the way that I know when I start the 4th week, my period will start. However, during the second week I have spotting for almost the whole week... it’s very annoying. I’ve also noticed mood swings/depression and anxiety. I have not gained weight with this medication. The are pros to this BC and cons. I’m staying on it for the next three months to see if any of the cons improve..."

V (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Tri Sprintec has been a nightmare for me! It made me extremely moody and irritable to the point to where no one wanted to be around me. It gave me insane crazy headaches and I’ve never suffered from any kind of migraine before in my life. It claims to help acne but made my moderate acne as bad as it’s ever been. And lastly, it caused me gain weight and eat ungodly amounts of food as if I were always hungry. I do NOT recommend this form of birth control!!"

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this for 4 years (since I was 18). I had no sex drive, I was drier than a desert in Arizona in August...and I would get massive canker sores around my period, dime sized ones...I could barely open my mouth. It did help my horrible cramps though, the first period off this brand was hell, even if it only lasted a day...spent most of the day vomiting. Haven't had a single canker sore since going off this brand. Starting a new low dose brand soon."

WolfGirl June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the depo shot for 3 years. However, the shot isn’t healthy to take for long period of time. When I started college I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe which I LOVED but it had an expensive copay. I asked my doctor to switch me to something cheaper and was prescribed Tri-Sprintec. I have been on this medication for a little over a year now. The biggest issue I have had is the NAUSEA. It’s common the first month or so, but for me it never went away. A few hours after taking it I will wake up from stomach pain and often vomit. And on the very rare chance that I ever have to double up on pills if I miss one, I will vomit 3-4 times that day. I spoke with a new doctor about switching again and she informed me that Tri-Sprintec is a VERY high estrogen dosage that often causes nausea in people with more sensitive stomachs. She recommended I switch to something with a much lower hormone dosage."

Britt (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been taking Tri-Sprintec for about 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with it. It has cleared up my acne, not completely but it has for sure gotten better. Also it prevents me from getting pregnant. I would recommend this for acne!"

rand (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2018

For Birth Control "In my college days I was on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen for about 4-5 years with no problems. I'm now in my early thirties and decided to get on birth control again. I figured that the generic, Tri-Sprintec would be exactly the same, but I was WRONG. About 2-3 days after starting Tri-Sprintec, I began to get nauseous, which eventually turned into throwing up 4-5 times a day and couldn't keep down food or water. There was no other logical reason for this sudden sickness. I got off the drug right away because I couldn't miss any more work. I also ended up getting a terrible migraine that lasted for two days. A full 24 hours after getting off the pill I began to finally feel better. After taking Ortho-Tri-Cyclen in the past, I figured Tri-Sprintec would be the same, but it was NOT. I do NOT recommend Tri-Sprintec to anyone!"

Jen May 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control since I was 17, and at 23 years old I still have zero complaints. My period used to be extremely heavy, embarrassing even. Ever since I started tri-sprintec it has regulated my period to the point where I don’t even worry about it anymore. Always talk to your doctor about any issues your experiencing, no matter how minor."

Stales (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have PCOS and my period has been irregular since it started. About a year ago, I was put on this pill because I bled for about a month straight and ended up in the emergency room. I have been on it since and my periods have been regular. I will admit, I was a bit nauseous for the first 3 months but other than that no other side effects."

Luckycharms (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2018

For Acne "I started this pill that was recommend by my gyn as most effective for acne. The first 2 packs were complete opposite for me. I broke out on parts of my face that I never really experienced acne on before. However they weren’t cystic like or big and red like I usually would get on the chin area. At the third pack it got significantly better. I no longer had new breakouts. And now at my fourth pack my scarring has faded for the most part and around the placebo week I get one small breakout but nothing crazy. If you’re just starting this pill and aren’t sure if you should stick it out I’d say give it 3 months as recommended by the experts."

0412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was originally on Ortho Tri-Cyclen but they switched me to Tri sprintec. I give this birth control at least a 5 because it completely cleared up my acne. That was a plus. But I've also been on my period since I've started taking the medication. I'm going to ask my OB to switch me back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen because who wants their period for months on end. That defeats the purpose of the birth control, which is sex. At least for me anyway."

Sadie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control almost cost me my life. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen for 10 years with no problems. I switched to Tri-Sprintec to save $20/month. I was only on it for 2 months and ended up in the ICU fighting for my life, diagnosed with extreme blood clots in both of my legs and a submassive 6.5" saddle pulmonary embolism in my lungs. I almost died in the hospital twice from complications."

pulmonary embolism survivor (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri-Sprintec when I was 17 years old to help regulate my period and prevent me from getting pregnant. A lot of other birth controls gave me headaches but this one didn't. I took this birth control for 3 years until it landed me in the ICU for a month with stubborn blood clots to the point where I nearly died and needed 6+ surgeries on my left leg. This birth control was amazing the 3 years, it cleared my skin amazingly... but the risk is just too high. This drug nearly killed me."

Blood Clot Julie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2018

For Acne "I started this at 15, I'm now 25 and this was the only medication to get rid of my face and chest acne. I'm now starting with the IUD because taking a pill every day isn't the best for me but Imay go back cuz my acne is coming back"

Tee April 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control since I was 13 years old, and I am now 23. I have had no issues with this birth control AT ALL so I am so surprised to see the negative reviews from it. It gives me perfect skin, I have a normal period, and haven’t experienced any weight gain from it at all."

Kaitlyn April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first time being on birth control and so far so good. It’s my third week and I haven't really had any bad side effects except for mood swings. They’re not too bad but they’re evident. I have gotten one pimple on my chin but it’s close to my period so I don’t know which one caused it. I don’t know if there’s any bloating because I feel like I’m always bloated. As long as you take it everyday you should be fine."

Lola (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 21yrs and started Tri Sprintec 3 days ago. Today 3/29 would be my fourth. So far only felt aching muscles but only on my legs on the third day. Fourth day no aching but very bloated since the first day. It’s just probably my body getting used to it since I’ve never had any birthcontrol before. Nothing more, I don’t have any pimples yet hopefully I don’t get any since I started this med to control acne and have a regular period since I have PCOS. I will keep watching out for side effects during the rest of the month if anything gets out of control I would discontinue."

AS (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Acne "I was on this pill for 3 or 4 years before I realized that it made me depressed. I wasn't necessarily a ball of darkness, but I had a small gray rain cloud always hanging over me. Also, I've steadily gain 5 pounds each year I was on this pill--Not sure if it is completely due to the pill or the depression since I haven't changed my eating and exercise habits over the years. This pill was subpar for acne control compared to past birth control pills I've been on (They had higher estrogen). This pill wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best for me."

Meg (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Horrible. Every time I started bleeding two weeks before my period."

JSantiagoV (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I just started taking this Tri-Sprintec about a week ago, and my mood swings aren’t very good. But I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 20years old and now am 24. I was on some other bc pills which I don’t even remember the name and it wasn’t doing anything..I wouldn’t have my period for like 3 months straight, all the stubborn facial hair and everything was still the same. I hope this Tri-Sprintec helps me.. I don’t even know what to do with my self lol, I’ve seen soo many good reviews about it and specifically asked my Dr for it, so I’m hoping by the time am done with this first pack, I should see a difference."

Pearl March 12, 2018

For Endometriosis "This drug is so SO horrible. I have unbearable endometriosis with extreme pain every single day and was prescribed this to help. I’m surprised at all the positive reviews on here because this pill has literally made me feel like I’m dying. EXTREME nausea constantly every single day to the point where I couldn’t get rid of it and had to go to the hospital for anti-nausea meds. Im also crying at literally everything and my mood is all over the place. If you try this birth control and start to experience these side effects, waiting it out is honestly NOT worth it, at least for me. I have been so miserable and finally decided to call it quits. So excited to start feeling normal again and explore other options for my Endo."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for over 2 years, great birth control if you take it on time everyday and not misuse it!"

Becca (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2018

For Endometriosis "So, I have been taking Tri Sprintec the last 8 years & have had little complaints. Yes, I gained a few pounds when I started it, but most BC pills, you will gain weight from. However, it was a few pounds compared to Yaz, which I gained 20 lbs on. I also had the worst mood swings of my life on Yaz. So my gynecologist switched me to Tri Sprintec about 8 years ago, and I have had very few issues on this pill. My periods are shorter & I noticed my skin is clearer & I am less moody on it. Also, it has helped tremendously with my endometriosis. I still get cramping before and after my period, but it is tolerable, compared to when I took Yaz. I recommend Tri Sprintec for shorter periods, less cramping, and better skin! Again, every woman’s body will react differently, but I have had a pretty good reaction to Tri Sprintec and I have been on it for almost a decade now!"

Kristen 90 February 12, 2018