User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.6
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 5.4 725 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Lo June 19, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Ive been on Tri Sprintec for about 4 months now. I switched from the depo shot because I wanted a period. The first two months I had no problems just a little breast tenderness. The 3rd month I got my period for two days and then it stopped for a few days and then came back for another two days. This 4th month my period was almost two weeks late. It is not consistent and I do have horrible mood swings. The one bright side is my periods are shorter and a lot lighter than usual. I'm married so naturally my husband and I don't use condoms so this was a form of contraceptive but its not worth it to me. Before birth control my period came at the same time every month so I'm just going to stop taking it all together .”

Hannah · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I've been on it practically a month I have 5 pills left. First week I was super emotional so I decided to take it at night and that worked a lot better for me I stopped getting random mood swings. My skin is a lot clearer now. Downside is I just had my first period on it and I've been bleeding for a week and a half. It was light at first and then it got really heavy I'm on my 10th day on my period and it's like a massacre it won't stop I'm hoping it ends soon and my next period isn't as heavy but if it continues I will probably switch. I've also had really bad cramps during this whole ordeal.”

Eliza · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on the Xulane patch for a couple months and my period never regulated. I was also very sad and tired on Xulane (to the point where my family started to notice changes) I switched to Tri-Sprintec one month after stopping Xulane. I did have some side effects when starting the medicine eg. nausea & fatigue. Overall, I really love this birth control. So far, I’m not pregnant. Remember, everyone can experience different side effects! Don’t let these reviews scare you. Give your body a chance!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was switched from TriNessa several months ago. I know they are supposed to be the same, but where I had no issues on TriNessa I experienced multiple issues on Tri-Sprintec. I really wish the company had not discontinued TriNessa and all the others. Tri-Sprintec is awful.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Ovarian Cysts: “I just started this pill Tri-Sprintec 2 days ago for ovarian cysts, and I have high hopes for it. I went through so many doctors who told me everything was fine with me but I knew something was wrong. Finally I found a doctor that actually ran the blood tests for me and diagnosed me with PCOS. I’m 27, I can’t believe it took this long for someone to listen! Anyways! I was dealing with extreme anxiety and constant agitation for years, and starting this pill I finally feel normal. Thank god! No mood swings and mini rages. I’m excited to finally have something that works for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Started on the Tri-Sprintec pill to treat my endometriosis. I need to stop having my period. In order for my endometriosis to stop growing and stretching out to my other organs. I just finished LUPRON which was not that great and now I'm on the pill and haven't stopped bleeding. 10 days and still with a heavy flow ... in so much pain right now”

Jojo · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was prescribed Tri Sprintec because I was having extremely long periods that lasted up to a month. It stopped my period immediately and I only had abnormal bleeding outside of the placebo week during the first month that I used it. However, I really don't believe that it's worth the side effects. I started getting acne when my skin has always been very clear. My skin has become incredibly sensitive to new products (and even some products that I've used for over a year with no issue). My periods have become regular, but I now get intense cramping during the whole week. Worst of all, though, is that I have become severely emotionally unstable. In between the depression spells and intense anger, I become manic. I am a teenager and I've gotten mood swings before, but never like this. It's almost unbearable. I plan on talking to my doctor soon so that I can find a different pill that works better for my needs.”

leo · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started taking these Tri-sprintec and I hate them I'm going to stop today I haven't stopped bleeding really heavily for more then 7 days now and I have so many blood clots that are huge too not to mention my cramps are worser then they were without birth control.”

hormonalAcne · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

For Acne: “I've been on tri-sprintec for 3 months. I used to have relatively severe hormonal, mostly cystic, acne. While I do still get some breakouts, I have definitely seen a significant reduction in the amount of new cystic acne that I get. So far it has worked well for me, but it might not be enough if I want to have completely clear skin.”

VitaMN_C March 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was o Ortho-Tri-Cyclen previously without issue, but it's been discontinued. Tri-Sprintec is the closest equivalent generic. Let me tell you... it's positively changed my life. I no longer deal with monthly hormonal imbalance/fluctuation(s) (i.e. mood swings), extremely painful periods, or reoccurring ovarian cysts. I didn't break out in acne; my skin has been super clear throughout--not even a transition period where I broke out. My hair has gotten thicker, my boobs have grown at least a cup size, and I've got a nice curvy booty again (all of these are very welcomed). I've loved the additional 5lb weight gain. It's also decreased chronic joint pain I had/have due to other health conditions. Additionally, Tri-Sprintec has improved my mood and sense of wellbeing, while lowering anxiety. I feel like myself again for the first time in years -- no antidepressant or anxiety med has done what this birth control has for me. Best. birth. control. ever.”

S March 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control worked amazing for me. I only got break through bleeding once which was annoying but after a month it went away. my face cleared up real nice and I didn't get my period until the last 3 days of the week. I never worried about getting pregnant. Without insurance at Walmart its only $9 a pack and I would get a 3 months supply for $27. I highly recommend.”

ML · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Acne: “It’s day 3 for me, on this medication and I have debilitating migraines. I’ve never had a migraine before, this is terrible. I can’t say whether it’s effective or not but I can definitely say it’s not worth the excruciating pain that I’m feeling in my head.”

Rosie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Third month of Tri Sprintec for heavy periods and I have not had very much side effects other than a bit of breast tenderness that went away after a month, My periods have gotten significantly better and I have been complimented on my skin after years and years of acne (I’m 39) it’s been kinda nice to compliments on my skin. Everyone is different and don’t let another’s experience keep you from trying something new, you never know if it’s going to be right for you.”

Bug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I've been on this pill for 9 months. It's given me really bad mood swings, depression, etc. I almost feel manic depressive on it. The hormone levels change drastically throughout the pill pack which is why you get mood swings. Look for a monophasic birth control instead - going off this drug now. It worked on the whole no-pregnancy bit and my periods were very short & light. No acne either. But I'd rather not feel crazy.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for about 5 months now, for bad cramping. I’d like to say that I am a lesbian, so this is not a contraceptive for me, it was just to alleviate my period pain & heavy bleeding. The first three months were the worst. I gained a little weight, was the most MOODY I’ve ever been, & was sad often. However, once you get past all of that in those 3 months, its a life saver. My period pain has decreased so much that honestly I’ll forget I’m on my period, it’s made them lighter, & shorter. My skin is clearer, the weight I lost from the first 3 months is gone, and I’m not moody anymore. HOWEVER!! It does kill my sex drive almost completely, so if you are worried about that, take it into consideration before trying this birth control.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for a week. No side effects (no acne or weight gain) except I have realize that I do get moody or irritated quicker but I try to manage it. Also the first 3-4 days of taking the pill made me really nauseous after taking it but then went away after I ate something sweet. I’ll update again once I complete the month and get my period.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on Tri Sprintec for a year now and it's been great. The first month or two the side effects were definitely there. I had mild cramps pretty constantly and my boobs hurt but it wasnt anything debilitating. The worst part was during the first month I was a bit dry down there. But that's all since cleared up. My period has been very constant and never late or early. I didn't gain any weight and my anxiety hasn't elevated at all. This medication has been good to me.”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for 6 months now The first three months were awful but now I really love my birth control. At first, I was having awful mood swings, depression, and random crying spells. I stuck with the pill and then after getting married in December, all my bad symptoms subsided. My acne has gone away and I’ve never had skin this clear! My periods are very manageable, and I can control my period if I want to. So far, no pregnancy, but I’m super religious about taking my pills on time, and try to use back up prevention when on antibiotics. I completely sympathize with all the ladies who have put reviews on here, but thankfully my symptoms have gone away and I’m gonna stick to this pill. Best wishes!”

Maddie February 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on Tri-Sprintec for a little over a month for heavy periods/bad cramps. I've had the worst headaches (don't remember the last time I had a headache before being on this), upper back pain, stomach cramps (not on my period) and I've been exhausted. Does work well to help my periods though.”

Kai · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control for me has only really done me a few favors and that’s being free and not getting me pregnant. However that being said, the side effects I can’t justify I recently turned 18 and started taking the pill my first month was fine but the more I take it the worse I’m getting I’m having constant anxiety and panic attacks I always feel extremely worried stressed and overwhelmed. I’m very irritable and impatient, not to mention it gives me horrendous headaches and recently extreme nausea and vomiting. Not to get into too much detail, but just absolutely projectile vomiting everywhere. Feeling very feverish hot and cold sweats not to mention for period cramps, it does nothing my cramps feel just as bad as they were before and my period is just as heavy and maybe even a little longer my sex drive has definitely decreased and sex is painful I nearly bleed a little each time. It’s causing me to go crazy and I have trouble even sleeping w some of the symptoms.”

H · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I started taking Tri-Sprintec and the first month wasn’t so great. I was nauseous and my boobs ACHED. But I was told after the second or third pack is whenever you shouldn’t have as bad as side effects anymore. So I’ve been on it for over a year, and it’s a good contraceptive; have not gotten pregnant and it has lighten my periods and I don’t cramp as bad anymore. But, by time I start the 3rd week of the pills, I feel awful. Like VERY irritable and sad for no reason; which is totally not like me. I don’t feel like myself. So I’m switching to a different birth control pill.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2020

For Ovarian Cysts: “Been taking Tri-Sprintec for 3 weeks now. Week one was a breeze. For the other 2 weeks, here’s what I’ve experienced thus far: headaches, a little bit of nausea, sore boobs and a bigger appetite & I gained 5 pounds (I’m skinny, so I don’t mind it) I haven’t had any bad break outs, no mood swings, nothing crazy. I don’t really enjoy the headaches and nausea but I haven’t experienced anything CRAZY.”

Dissapointed · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I had been on Tri-Sprintec for about a year and a half to prevent pregnancy. A few months after starting to take it, I began to gain weight and become severely depressed. I would cry at every little thing, and my period cramps were worse than they were before. I couldn't sleep and had no sex drive. It didn't even occur to me that these changes were due to my birth control until I finally went to the doctor who told me that sounds like symptoms of Tri-sprintec. I just got an IUD placed and I have never felt better, I have my personality back.”

tania · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2020

For Birth Control: “ was on Tri- Sprintec for 4 years and i got all the side effects , I started spotting almost every two weeks after 4 years of taking it that's why I stopped and it been 2 years since I stopped and my cycles have been all over the place. I had my cycle 2 times for the first 3 months after that I didn't get a cycle for 7 months and I wasn't pregnant and I'm still experiencing spotting ..... it has messed up my body. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.”

Tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Birth Control: “Absolutely the worst experience of my life. I’m honestly considering switching doctors for even thinking this was okay to prescribe. These pills have made me very depressed and my periods are heavier and longer and more painful than usual. I also gained weight. ”