User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 761 ratings on Drugs.com. 38% of those users who reviewed Tri-Sprintec reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
4.7
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 5.4 761 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “This Birth Control caused major mood swings, and yeast infections.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was on Ortho-Tricyclyn in the past for about 3 years and experienced no side effects after being off birth control for about a year my doctor put me on Tri-Sprintec. It has now been 4 months nightmares. My symptoms have included: constipation, increased appetite, tender breast, severe mood swings, increased anxiety and emotions and insomnia. I have began to feel like I’m falling into a depressive state. Countless times throughout the day I say to my friends/family “I just feel so bleh” and it is completely unlike me. I have a doctors appointment in a couple days and I’m going to continue taking it until I consult with her but regardless of her recommendation, where my mindset is right now, I am done with this birth control and possibly any other types. The only good thing I can say is my period cramps/heavy bleeding has decreased significantly but the misery isn’t worth it to me.”

Ab · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2021

For Acne: “Initially I was scared of trying Tri-Sprintec just because of the terrible reviews I saw and my previous experiences with BC pills (nausea, depression, diarrhea). But this pill is awesome!! Apart from a few days of nausea and some initial breakouts, I had no mood swings, no weight gain. After the 2nd week my skin cleared up and my boobs got slightly bigger too!! All in all great birth control would 10/10 recommend”

VitaMN_C March 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was o Ortho-Tri-Cyclen previously without issue, but it's been discontinued. Tri-Sprintec is the closest equivalent generic. Let me tell you... it's positively changed my life. I no longer deal with monthly hormonal imbalance/fluctuation(s) (i.e. mood swings), extremely painful periods, or reoccurring ovarian cysts. I didn't break out in acne; my skin has been super clear throughout--not even a transition period where I broke out. My hair has gotten thicker, my boobs have grown at least a cup size, and I've got a nice curvy booty again (all of these are very welcomed). I've loved the additional 5lb weight gain. It's also decreased chronic joint pain I had/have due to other health conditions. Additionally, Tri-Sprintec has improved my mood and sense of wellbeing, while lowering anxiety. I feel like myself again for the first time in years -- no antidepressant or anxiety med has done what this birth control has for me. Best. birth. control. ever.”

Eliza · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on the Xulane patch for a couple months and my period never regulated. I was also very sad and tired on Xulane (to the point where my family started to notice changes) I switched to Tri-Sprintec one month after stopping Xulane. I did have some side effects when starting the medicine eg. nausea & fatigue. Overall, I really love this birth control. So far, I’m not pregnant. Remember, everyone can experience different side effects! Don’t let these reviews scare you. Give your body a chance!”

MadintheRoc August 7, 2009

For Birth Control: “You know, I have to say that reading most these reviews scared me but I went ahead and took Tri-Sprintec anyway after being automatically switched from Tri-Cyclen Lo and I am not experiencing any side effects. I don't even notice a difference so my advice to other people is to try it out and not base your opinion on these reviews because each women's body will react differently to any prescription medicine and you will never know if it's a fit for you until you give it a try.”

Anonymous December 17, 2009

For Birth Control: “Within the 1st week I went from a happy optimistic girl, to a very unhappy, unstable individual. My experience: crying for no reason, complete misery, severe weight gain, anti-social, exhausted, nauseous, dry eyes, high anxiety, NO sex drive, painful sex, cramping, bloating, irrational behavior...”

Bug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I've been on this pill for 9 months. It's given me really bad mood swings, depression, etc. I almost feel manic depressive on it. The hormone levels change drastically throughout the pill pack which is why you get mood swings. Look for a monophasic birth control instead - going off this drug now. It worked on the whole no-pregnancy bit and my periods were very short & light. No acne either. But I'd rather not feel crazy.”

Rhomier · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

For Acne: “I was worried about trying this birth control after reading reviews online, so I wanted to share my experience. I am on the second month of Tri Sprintec and haven't experienced a single side effect. Additionally, I have noticed my skin slowly but surely beginning to clear up.”

ilikebikes November 20, 2009

For Birth Control: “I have been on Tri-Sprintec for 4 months now and it is great. I had been on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo before, but switched because it was so expensive. I have had absolutely no problems with either pill. No headaches, no nausea, no weight gain, no breakout problems, and best of all no pregnancy. On Tri-Sprintec my periods are slightly shorter than they used to be, and I hardly have any cramps now, whereas without birth control pills I had terrible cramps for the first two days of my period. I am not moody, either. I would recommend this pill to anyone currently on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, or anyone at all for that matter.”

Kai · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control for me has only really done me a few favors and that’s being free and not getting me pregnant. However that being said, the side effects I can’t justify I recently turned 18 and started taking the pill my first month was fine but the more I take it the worse I’m getting I’m having constant anxiety and panic attacks I always feel extremely worried stressed and overwhelmed. I’m very irritable and impatient, not to mention it gives me horrendous headaches and recently extreme nausea and vomiting. Not to get into too much detail, but just absolutely projectile vomiting everywhere. Feeling very feverish hot and cold sweats not to mention for period cramps, it does nothing my cramps feel just as bad as they were before and my period is just as heavy and maybe even a little longer my sex drive has definitely decreased and sex is painful I nearly bleed a little each time. It’s causing me to go crazy and I have trouble even sleeping w some of the symptoms.”

S March 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control worked amazing for me. I only got break through bleeding once which was annoying but after a month it went away. my face cleared up real nice and I didn't get my period until the last 3 days of the week. I never worried about getting pregnant. Without insurance at Walmart its only $9 a pack and I would get a 3 months supply for $27. I highly recommend.”

smh · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2021

For Birth Control: “I wish I could still be on this pill. I started with Tri-Sprintec at the age 16 due to having irregular menstrual cycle and I am now 22 years old. When I was on this, it was like I wasn't even taking birth control. I did not have any sort of side effects and if I did then it was a minimal cramp that I can still go on about my day. If I could go back to this I would in a heart beat but since I had a breakthrough bleeding in-between my periods, my doctor took me off. I don't know if these work best for irregular periods but it was the best for me. Hopefully this is helpful to those who are thinking of taking this or are starting it/been on it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Ovarian Cysts: “I just started this pill Tri-Sprintec 2 days ago for ovarian cysts, and I have high hopes for it. I went through so many doctors who told me everything was fine with me but I knew something was wrong. Finally I found a doctor that actually ran the blood tests for me and diagnosed me with PCOS. I’m 27, I can’t believe it took this long for someone to listen! Anyways! I was dealing with extreme anxiety and constant agitation for years, and starting this pill I finally feel normal. Thank god! No mood swings and mini rages. I’m excited to finally have something that works for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “Every birth control pill will react differently to each of our bodies ! The best thing to do is to just try it out and stop taking them if we see changes we don’t like. I personally LOVE this brand. My experience is awesome ! I was never regular so it has helped me get my period every month. My mood swings are normal but I feel more energetic, I lost weight and I feel better than ever! Sex being involved, we all know that nothing is 100 percent accurate but I had unprotected sex with my partner over a year and I’ve had no surprises thankfully. Continue the routine with a pill and see if you could either love it or hate it! Glad to give another opinion and make the best decision that suits your body(:”

Kat 79 September 26, 2009

For Birth Control: “I am completely satisfied with this pill. Unless you have really bad side effects I wouldn't listen to reviews of people that have been on it for few days only. You have to give your body time to adjust to hormones that you put in, 3-4 months. I am happy with this pill, no side effects at all. It regulated my periods, I know when they're coming and they're short. It keeps my skin clear. No weight gain, slightly bigger breasts but not complaining. No depression, headaches, hair loss or breast soreness. It only costs me $9.99...can't beat that! This pill works perfectly for me.”

kygirl123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “My experience with Tri-Sprintec has been wonderful!!! I’ve been on it for over a year now and have never had any major complications. I switched to Tri-sprintec from Trinessa due to my insurance but needless to say, they both worked well for me. I lost nearly 30 pounds and it decreased my appetite, my skin is FINALLY clear with occasional breakouts when my period is about to start. As far as sex goes, with me being on the pill my boyfriend and I don’t use protection and it’s kept me baby free! Only thing negative I have to say is when my body was adjusting to it after I just got it, I was so moody and depressed and my libido (sex drive) was low for the first month or so. Overall rating for me is 10/10! But keep in mind, everyone’s body is different so your experience may be different!”

J121 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

For Acne: “When I first started taking Tri-Sprintec it definitely was a struggle, I had some anxiety and depressive thoughts and my acne only got worse. My gyno told me to wait a longer than 3 months and if I still felt crappy to go back to her. After about the 4th month things definitely started getting better. My acne began to clear up, my mental health went back to normal, and my periods got lighter and my cramps are almost non-existent. My doctor told me Tri-Sprintec does have negative side effects in the beginning and does take a little longer for your body to get used to it. Overall, after the first few months I am now very happy with this pill, I would recommend giving it a try and just to be patient with it, I know everyone is different but it really works well after you give it time.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for a week. No side effects (no acne or weight gain) except I have realize that I do get moody or irritated quicker but I try to manage it. Also the first 3-4 days of taking the pill made me really nauseous after taking it but then went away after I ate something sweet. I’ll update again once I complete the month and get my period.”

Lily_S June 7, 2016

For Birth Control: “I have had absolutely no problems with Tri-Sprintec. I don't have any side effects at all. No weight gain, no mood swings, no depression, no anxiety, no nausea, same sex drive. (No increase in breast size either - I WISH I had that side effect!) I feel exactly the same taking this as I did not taking any birth control. The only difference is my periods are lighter and shorter, and my cramps are no longer severe. By the way, I was really scared to take this because of the negative reviews I read! But before you decide this is a bad pill, give it a try. Every woman's body is different and your experience will just depend on your body!”

Hannah · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I've been on it practically a month I have 5 pills left. First week I was super emotional so I decided to take it at night and that worked a lot better for me I stopped getting random mood swings. My skin is a lot clearer now. Downside is I just had my first period on it and I've been bleeding for a week and a half. It was light at first and then it got really heavy I'm on my 10th day on my period and it's like a massacre it won't stop I'm hoping it ends soon and my next period isn't as heavy but if it continues I will probably switch. I've also had really bad cramps during this whole ordeal.”

Acne at 31 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 3, 2014

For Acne: “Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!”

Mak · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 29, 2021

For Acne: “For a few months on Tri-Sprintec, everything was fine, and then my acne got worse, now I have the worst acne of my life. I never even had pustules when I was in high school. Ironically, I clear up during my period, suggesting that the hormones in these did the complete opposite effect of what I had intended.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was switched from TriNessa several months ago. I know they are supposed to be the same, but where I had no issues on TriNessa I experienced multiple issues on Tri-Sprintec. I really wish the company had not discontinued TriNessa and all the others. Tri-Sprintec is awful.”

Kyrstendavis · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2014

For Birth Control: “As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2020

For Acne: “I was prescribed this Tri-Sprintec birth control for my acne. The first month was wonderful, it got rid of all my acne and evened out my skin tone and for the first time in years I had clear skin. I thought it would be like this for the next month but I was wrong. I’m currently on the second round of pills and my skin broke out horribly with extremely painful cystic acne around my chin, jaw and nose area. It has been like this the entire month, I am about to finish this pack in a couple of days and hoping my skin calms down with the 3rd round of pills. I spoke to my doctor and she recommended finishing the 3rd round of pills to see if my acne calms down to see whether or not to prescribe me to another brand.”

Rosie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Third month of Tri Sprintec for heavy periods and I have not had very much side effects other than a bit of breast tenderness that went away after a month, My periods have gotten significantly better and I have been complimented on my skin after years and years of acne (I’m 39) it’s been kinda nice to compliments on my skin. Everyone is different and don’t let another’s experience keep you from trying something new, you never know if it’s going to be right for you.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on Tri Sprintec for a year now and it's been great. The first month or two the side effects were definitely there. I had mild cramps pretty constantly and my boobs hurt but it wasnt anything debilitating. The worst part was during the first month I was a bit dry down there. But that's all since cleared up. My period has been very constant and never late or early. I didn't gain any weight and my anxiety hasn't elevated at all. This medication has been good to me.”