User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

4.6

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 5.7 632 reviews

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Anonymous July 11, 2019

For Birth Control "First month was amazing! I didn’t have many side effects other than being really hungry. I wish my whole experience on this BC could have stayed how I felt the very first month I took it. The Second month, breakouts and horrible depression and anxiety! For about 2 weeks I could hardly function because I felt so bad. I was having panic attacks and couldn’t handle small things going on in my life. My face was breaking out pretty badly too. I was embarrassed. 3rd month, constant breakouts. Never a day where I didn’t have at least one zit on my face. I was embarrassed. As someone in their mid 20s, I should not be breaking out this much. I hated it. My depression got better, thank goodness. I have noticed weight gain while being on this pill, but honestly I have to switch because it broke my face out too much. It worked as far as birth control but I knew I could find something better."

M July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm conflicted. I was on Trinessa, but about 8mos ago was switched to this one. The first few months went smoothly -- I've had much better skin than before and I haven't had significant weight changes, stomach problems or mood changes, and I remain blissfully Not Pregnant. However... the "spotting." I guess taking my ability to have sex outside of a shower is a kind of birth control. At first I thought this was just a matter of adjusting and it would be gone in a few months. Nope. This keeps happening, despite taking it religiously at 11am every day. Every month or two the bleeding starts in the 2nd week of my pack and rarely stops until the end of week 4. It's not always light spotting either. Today I'm a stuck pig, tomorrow I might only produce a few drops. I'm already an underweight person with a family history of anemia. I have no idea what losing this amount of blood regularly could be doing to my health and can't afford to go back to the doctor for advice."

DISCONTINUE · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

For Acne " I cannot leave the house without wearing makeup because my face is so scarred from the rapid outbreaks of taking Tri Sprintec for 3 months. I stopped mid pack because it became unbearable. It is heartbreaking to see so many other women being put through the same thing."

Yikes · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I was on TriNessa for years until it was discontinued. Within months on being on Tri-Sprintec my face broke out in a horrible rash, discoloring my chin, and I gained 10 lbs."

DancingGirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 3, 2019

For Acne "For acne, my 15-year-old daughter started TriNessa in Oct '18 then switched to this after a couple months. She had moderate, persistent acne. The first few months, her acne did not clear up and in fact, got a bit worse. But after the third month, her skin cleared, both her back and face, and looks better than it has in years. She gets an occasional blemish here and there, if she isn't diligent about washing her face and using her topical meds, but nothing close to what it was like before. Those first few months can be discouraging, but stick with it, and if it's the right drug for you, you should see marked improvement in your skin after month 3!"

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have had irregular periods but recently in May, I had a period for about 3 weeks and I was tired of it. So I went to the doctor and was told Tri-Sprintec would help, I started taking it the beginning of June and have been on it for almost a month now. With no luck, I’m still bleeding constantly. I continued the pill to see if the bleeding would eventually stop but unfortunately it hasn’t. During the first week I received loss of appetite, extreme anxiety, night sweats, depression and nausea, and the side effects still occur. I’m going to finish the pack bc hopefully I’ll receive some luck but I do not plan to continue this pill after this first pack."

Anonymous June 28, 2019

For Birth Control "Been on this for about a year now, I lost weight and I can finally function while on my period. My face has cleared up as well. I had tried birth control in the past and had very bad side effects so I was glad I was able to handle this one. After reading the comments its obvious all our bodies handle things differently!"

Annoyed · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about 3 weeks already and I've been experiencing diarrhea, headaches, I feel like I'm itchy everywhere especially down there, and its either really moist or really dry in my vagina area and it won't stop itching so I'm going to stop taking it."

truth · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Acne "My skin is awful because of this drug. My doctor switched my medicine and I've never had big pimples before and within the first week my skin has FREAKED OUT! I hate this medicine. 100% hate this medicine. I am stopping immediately as it is damaging my face and making me feel my worst. To sum it off, this drug is TERRIBLE. I regret the day I started this medication."

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

For Birth Control "I am 34 years old. I have 2 children one is 8 and one is 6. I switched to this birth control from Ortho. I got pregnant on this pill. I had to have a abortion because I am not able to have another baby. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I took this pill everyday I never skip one pill. This has put me in a depression and now I can’t get out of it."

AK · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "Absolutely the worst birth control! Made me moody all the time like I’m on my period every day. I had cramps and a headache all the time. My family and my co-workers could not figure out why I was so anxious and annoyed all the time. I had a real anxiety which was growing into depression. Once I stopped using it I felt so relieved like I just got rid of a huge burden. I felt normal again. I know they say that all these generic birth controls of this type are the same regardless of the brand. Well, I can tell you they are not! While on TriNessa I didn’t get any side affects. Then they terminated it and switched me to this one. I asked for a different brand other than Trisprintec and they gave me Tri Femynor, which also worked great. But they keep running out of the it too and keep switching me to Tri-Sprintec which is always available. They should certainly terminate this brand!"

Emily · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I cant believe it took me this long to realize my birth control might be the culprit!! I had been on Ortho and TriNessa until it discontinued. I was put on Tri Sprintec after I stopped breastfeeding my son for a year and ever since I was put back on birth control I thought I had been loosing my mind!! Severe mood swings, high anxiety and depression. Let's just say my sex drive is non existent! It has been bothering me for a year and finally thought to myself to look into the side effects of Tri Sprintec and WOW! We are all on the same boat. Scheduled my appt to look at other options! Thank you all for sharing your story."

Madi June 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri-Sprintec about 3-4 months ago, at first things were fine and it worked great. Lately I’ve been noticing some changes though. For starters I have developed some pretty bad acne and before taking this pill I have always had clear skin with occasional breakouts here and there. I also noticed that I get very nauseas and insanely bad headaches about an hour or so after taking my pill in the morning, sometimes so bad that I actually throw up. Another thing I noticed is that since being on this pill I have become VERY emotional and snappy at times sometimes I get so upset that I don’t want to move out of bed which has NEVER been an issue for me before. I never used to have these kind of mood swings before. I’m scheduling an apt with my doctor to find a new bc because even thought this one gets the job done it’s not worth always feeling like rubbish"

Fbcahr123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 16, 2019

For Birth Control "This made my usually spot on 28 day cycle, 6 day bleed turn into a complete mess. I got my period when I was 11 and it took about a year for them to regulate. Since then I have only ever been 1-2 days late and I never miss a period. But now I never know what my period is doing. It can range between 30-38 days between my periods and when I do finally get them I bleed from 10-16 days. I also notice that it makes my acne worse so that’s awful. I’m done taking this stuff "

A · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I was originally on Junel and my Dr. upped my dosage due to hot flashes and my body did not react well so I was switched to Tri-Sprintec. This is my second week in and the only side effect I have is horrible acne. I’ve never really had acne and this is quite bothersome. I’m 35 looking like I just turned 13 with pimples horrible."

Nelly May 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been using Tri-Sprintec since 2013 and I love it. It has done its job of keeping me from getting pregnant. It have had no bad side effects on the contrary it has cleared out my skin wonderfully. I love it and I highly recommend it"

EverythingisFineSometimes · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 20, 2019

For Birth Control "The Tri-Sprintec birth control worked for me for 7 years. It lessened my periods and the cramps that came with them. It cleared up my skin and I never once got pregnant! My sex drive has been lower as of late, so I'm exploring other options but that's kind of just the game you play with hormonal birth control. The point is I know Tri-Sprintec doesn't work for everyone but it worked well for me and I would recommend it."

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For Acne "I was forced to switch over to Tri-Sprintec because they discontinued Tri-Nessa Lo. I have never had worse acne in my entire life. If I had read these reviews previously I would not have taken it. The pharmacy said it was "pretty much the same." It is not, I should have been put on the Tri-LO-Sprintec. there are two different strengths of the Tri-pills, the low and the higher one. they changed me to the higher one. This medication has caused my depression and anxiety to spike in extremes. I have never experienced cystic acne until now. Full coverage makeup cannot hide the embarrassment I've been feeling in public for months. I've taken it for 3 months and it's been 3 days since I officially stopped."

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri-Sprintec after having some not so great side effects on Sprintec. So far I've been on it 2 months. The 1st month actually was good, I felt ok, no major side effects. Month 2 though was another story. My weight fluctuated and increased by 7-15lbs all month from water weight/bloat. My whole body felt puffy and swollen. My hands, ankles we're bigger, my knees and shoulder joints hurt. I also became extremely irritable and angry. It felt like I had a black cloud over my brain all the time. Once the inactive pills week came around the weight dropped off and my brain felt back to normal. I'm terrified to try another month after the terrible side effects from month 2. I don't think its worth feeling so awful all month long"

Cindy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill 5 months ago. It cleared up my skin, but my appetite has increased tremendously. I'm vegetarian and usually work out every single day, but ever since I started this pill, I am so exhausted I can't even go to the gym, and I cannot control my cravings. This is a huge issue for me because I take care of my figure and weight, but I've gained 10 pounds on this pill and cannot lose the weight no matter how hard I try. This is unusual for me. Also, the bloating is insane. When I'm on my placebo week I instantly drop 6 pounds! I'm switching to Tri-Lo-Sprintec, hopefully the lower dose of hormones helps"

Anonymous May 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I was a huge fan of Trinessa, I was on it for a year and a half with no issues and no side effects. I stopped taking it for about 6 months because I was no longer in a relationship and just wanted to see if anything changed (Weight, skin, mood) if I got off the pill. I decided to start taking it again just to keep my periods more regular and because I forgot how terrible my cramps are without birth control. I went to my pharmacy and got a refill and noticed they discontinued Trinessa and was given this Tri-Sprintec stuff instead. I’m almost at the end of my second week taking it and it is terrible, nothing like Trinessa. I’ve had weird stabbing pains in my left breast, I’m tired 24/7, my anxiety has been awful, I’ve had no appetite and my stomach has constantly been upset, and I’m so depressed that I barely want to get out of bed. If you were previously on Trinessa and liked it, do not get this. I’m going to have to try and find a better Trinessa equivalent now"

Trill · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2019

"This was my second experience with birth control, my first experience taking Tri-Sprintec. The first couple of weeks were fine, my breast got full. But before I was on it for a month I started to get bad side effects, I had discharge, my vulva got very swollen to the point I could not walk, go to class or work. It was very painful for me but at the time I didn't know that it was the birth control doing it to me so I kept taking it then two weeks later I started feeling very nauseous, every time I ate I'd feel nauseous, I was also having bad cramps and on top of that my vulva got swollen again! I stopped the birth control and it all went away. I want to try a different brand of birth control but with this experience I'm very afraid."

Tee_tee · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I’m 18 years old and I started to obviously prevent pregnancy but also help my acne. My acne definitely had a noticeable change and so did my boobs (they got bigger but depending if you like it or not - it’s a good thing in my opinion) in the first few days but it did come with bad side effects like cramping, nausea, and diarrhea. In my opinion the good out weights the bad because I have severe acne and I definitely feel more confident. It definitely helped me."

Chevygirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

For Birth Control "Was prescribed Tri Sprintec to treat my PCOS by my Endocrinologist. I used to take Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, with no side affects but unfortunately the company discontinued it. The first night I took Tri Sprintec at 6:30pm after I ate dinner. I felt fine up until about 10:30pm when I noticed I started to feel kind of anxious for no reason and also had a odd feeling in my chest. I went to bed and then woke up at about 4:30am with terrible nausea, vomited three times, was shaky, and feverish feeling. Most of the morning I felt nauseous, but it did go away by afternoon. I’m not going to continue taking this birth control because of the way my body responded after just one pill. I also had a similar experience with Tri Lo Marzia last summer but not quite as bad. I was able to take that one for 3 months before discontinuing it because of nausea. Going to call my doctor in hopes that she will be able to suggest something else with less side affects."

Billy Jean April 27, 2019

For Birth Control "So first noticed I had increased anxiety so I dialled down my caffeine intake which seem to help. Gained 10lbs first month, second month was the worst no period brown discharge from day was suppose to start til day I decided to switch so breakthrough bleeding for over a month. Haven't gotten acne since I was a teen(I'm 37) and was waking up daily with painful cystic acne. The severe constipation was what made me say "not worth it" I'd rather risk pregnancy then die of obstructive constipation. It also caused sun sensitivity every time I was in sun get sunburned fast and a strange mottled rash and I'm Hispanic so I tan and do not burn ?! The week my period was suppose to start I got a yeast infection because of the vaginal dryness it gave me. This was just not the pill for me."