User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 8 reviews 55 medications

6.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 28 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 416 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm new to the whole birth control thing. My first try was seasonique it was perfect until I got migraines out of this world after 2 months of taking it. I told my doctor and she told me to give Tri-Sprintec a try. On this pill you absolutely must eat before you take it with seasonique I wasn't use to that so I had to get into the habit of eating in the morning before I take my pills. Other than nausea and vomiting when I first started I have no complaints. There are occasional cramps and sore breasts but that wasn't really a bother to me."

Sunfløwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Used for birth control and period issues- very unhappy Worked good for preventing pregnancy, along with terrible side effects Hard time sleeping( if any) Nightmares ANXIETY Depression The list goes on, everybody is different I recommend trying this pill to see if it's for you, it just wasn't for me. Switching back to my old birth control"

BC user 123 January 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Please move on to another birth control. I have been on this for 2 weeks and I started my period. It has been this worst experience of my life. I'm going thro a box of super plus tampons a day (I'm not a heavy bleeder) I am questioning my sanity. I honestly feel like crawling in a hole and dying. The first 3 days of this period I did not get out of bed. Then I had to work, and I'm in so much pain. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just don't even try this pill. I promise, it's not worth it."

Desyking January 5, 2017

For Acne "Terrible pill. It was recommended to me FOR my acne and made it worse. Also, be ready to cry ALL THE TIME for no reason at all."

Anonymous January 4, 2017

For Acne "I have cystic acne which isn't awful but this pill made it a lot worse. I tried a lot of different acne products and treatments and none worked so I've tried 2 birth control pills to help, this being my second try. I followed my doctors advice to give it at least 6 months and it has only made my acne worse. It is redder, more painful, and a lot deeper than before, and it has spread all over my face and become splotchy. I also get a lot of fevers and awful cramps all throughout the month. I also use birth control pills to stop my periods. The first day I went on it I got my period (it was awful and lasted 14 days). Now I keep getting them so it's not working. Don't let my experience sway you too much but unfortunately it just dosen't work."

Snowpaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I love Tri-Sprintec , it has saved me from many different incidents. I highly recommend any young person between 14-30 to be on this, does not make you gain weight, it makes your diet steady!"

Becca.Leigh December 19, 2016

For Birth Control "With every online review you have to take with a grain of salt. Everyones bodies are different. I was prescribed with tri-sprintec when I was 15 and have been using it for the last 5 years. I rarely had any skin problems, besides the monthly pop-ups everyone gets. Stress, food, genetics and physical health are contributors to breaking out too. I didn't gain any weight, I didn't get sick (unless I took it on an empty stomach), and for being sexually active for a few years, with this pill I haven't gotten pregnant. There are several reviews out there that are horrible, but my experience has been a good one. I am sorry for those who experiences otherwise but don't let all the negativity deter you from choosing something that could be good for you."

BCbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

For Acne "I'm 22, I have very sensitive skin and stomach. I started this pill in September and it's now mid-December. The first month I had nausea, the second month I had various digestive issues (slightly worse than usual), and now in the 3rd full month, I am having breakouts. The nausea and the stomach issues have cleared up so I'm holding out for the acne to clear up. Meanwhile, my breasts have grown two inches! The side effects aren't so bad and the acne I have now isn't much worse than what I had before. Some people say they've experienced mood swings, depression, or change in sex drive but I haven't noticed that at all."

Mehry December 19, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 14 and I'm now 23. I've been on and off different forms of BC. Tri-Sprintec is the ONLY form of BC that has helped me. My periods are regulated, I have no acne, no unwanted facial hair, and it hasn't made me gain any kind of weight. The only negative affect I've experienced with Tri-Sprintec is an occasional headache. Other than that, it works great!"

BMNS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this medication for 5 months. I started off the first couple months with lots of nausea and my breasts were constantly sore. I decided to wait it out, but today had to call my doctor to get it switched. While on this medication, my breasts were constantly tender and very painful. I also felt nauseous a lot and on the first day of my last period I had to miss school because of it. My PMS symptoms seemed worse. It did work to prevent pregnancy, because my sex drive is non-existent. I also experienced dryness l, which I have never had a problem with. Other than the breast soreness and nausea, I didn't gain any weight or have any other issues."

Keri N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over a year now. I was first on ortho tri cyclen lo (tr sprintec is the generic for this) and I absolutely loved it. I never felt moody crampy or had heavy periods. I switched to tri sprintec due to insurance, not for any side effect reasons, I was disappointed to change but I was happy it was basically the same. I feel slightly moody during the first week just like you would during PMS (3-4 first pills in the pack) but no physical changes. My period usually arrives 2-3 days after my pack ends and lasts about 5-6 days and is pretty light except for about a day or two of normal bleeding. I know medications affect everyone differently, so I suggest trying it before letting any negative review sway you."

Ellie M December 13, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "This pill made my anxiety terrible!!! My hormones were so out of wack while taking the pill. I would get so dizzy which was very scary. Not to mention my breasts always hurt. The different amount of hormones each week really messes with your body! I used to be on just sprintec and it was way better than tri sprintec '!!"

Ttt3 December 9, 2016

For Acne "AM I ABOUT TO TELL YOU ALL A STORY. IT ENDS AWFULY. SO I was on this pill for 5 years. My face was fine, no acne, no issues. No birth control issues. i got on the pill because of my doctor, he told me to have this because my period was not regular and I had had it for years, so he figured this would help. I finished that treatment, and upon turning 20 I stopped taking it. No biggie right? YEAH. HUGE BIGGIE. Within 4-6 months, I didnt get my period at all. Ok thats fine, many times thats normal. MY FACE. MY POOR FACE. MY FACE EXPLODED INTO CYSTIC ACNE. I wanna say that I had been treated by my dermatologist to not have acne as I had bad acne when I was a teenager. I had to go back to him because my acne went from normal to cystic severe."

This poor acne ridden soul November 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been on this medication for three days and i swear i have never been so depressed in my life! I thought maybe it was my immagination (because obviously three days isnt long enough to actually get a feel for what a medication is like) but after reading the reviews depression and anxiety seem like a normal side effect. im considering stopping it already. I have absolutly no motive at all and im very irritable"

anon 19 yr old November 16, 2016

For Acne "WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER. After 3-4 months on this medication, I developed severe nausea, vomiting, mood swings, bad anxiety and depression. Every day I would wake up with the worst stomach cramps and was constantly constipated. Also felt so exhausted every day. I quit shortly after the symptoms came up and its been 3 months since I quit and I'm still struggling and not myself. Please do not take this. The only positives were it cleared up my face slightly and my breasts became bigger."

Sad and sick November 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I had suffered from moderate acne for years that no matter what I tried, I could not get rid of. Within the first month, maybe 2, my acne cleared completely and since then my face is totally clear except for minor pimples that are easily preventable. I got on birth control to regulate my sporadic periods that always varied in flow and length. With taking Tri-Sprintec at the same hour everyday, I can actually predict my period on the day and within a few hour time window. It didn't actually lighten my periods much; I would say my flow on Tri-Sprintec to be moderate, and they last 5 full days so I do with they were shorter, but its okay. I didn't notice any side effects. Love it!"

MarieGill November 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm starting my 1st week of the 3rd month on trisprintec. First month my period was on time with 3 days of additional spotting. Finishing up the 2nd month now and I have been bleeding for over 2 weeks!!! First it was light, then heavy (on time for expected period) since the expected end date I have had light bright pink or red spotting for 9 days past my period. Besides frustration, I've had cramps throughout and felt feverish at times. I've also experienced bad migraines and fatigue. I've never had this level of symptoms with BC before. I was off of BC for a year and this is what I get for trying to get back on it....beware!"

Emilydroz November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Nothing new that isn't already listed on here multiple times. I started taking this medication about a month ago and noticed within the first week terrible mood swings, severe nausea, and a huge change to my motivations and relationships. Although I haven't gained any weight I constantly feel bloated and feel bigger than ever in my stomach area. I've never had headaches in my life but since taking this medication they have become something common. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. Aside from the terrible feeling it makes you have, it really does put a strain on your relationships and desires to be productive throughout the day"

Dontdoit789 November 2, 2016

For Acne "Please!!! just walk away from this pill, my breast are so tender I can't touch them, I stay nauseous and light headed and I've had my period now for 2 weeks. And I've only take them for 2 weeks. I stopped taking them I'm no longer nauseous and light headed but my period is still going strong. My breast are getting better, to many side effects for me. Oh yea and they make you eat A LOT!!!"

Rhonda2016 October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking trisprintec for almost a year now. At first I was perfectly fine with this Birth control, but now I suffer from random headaches, my acne is worse, I tend to cry for no reason especially at night before bed, and I'm always in a bad mood. I have noticed withing this past month I don't really enjoy sex anymore, and it's hard for me to get wet, I have developed Hypertension, and I missed a pill the other day I was in my 3rd week, and I've missed a pill before and been fine, but when the bleeding first started it lasted 7 days and I wrote it off as an early period because I missed a pill, but 3 days later the bleeding returned and hasn't yet stopped. Sunday I start a new BC and hopefully all of these symptoms go away."

DONEDONEDONE!!! October 25, 2016

For Acne "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL...After 7 days I lost kidney function and could not urinate after drinking 32 oz of water the night before. Had blood in the urine 3 weeks after I stopped taking this poison. My skin looked fabulous after the 1st day but if I'm dead, having clear skin won't matter."

UnHappyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

For Acne "Originally I was prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen but due to insurance issues I was given Tri Sprintec. I know you're supposed to give things usually 2-3 months to work but let me tell you this pill has worked miracles! The first 3 weeks were terrible. I was breaking out even worse than I already was. I mean, I was getting acne right above my eyelids, underneath my eye, & just about everywhere else on my face. I was so nauseous for a couple days that I almost had to skip a wedding. But I am SO glad I stuck to this. My face has been the clearest it's been in a year. I'm still battling 1-2 zits but that's nothing compared to what it was. I am left with A LOT of dark spots but a few hydrafacial treatments should help with that."

Nicoleee! October 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about 3 years and i have gained 25 lbs since. I went to the gym and also ran when I was on it. I feel like being on this pill makes it really hard for me to loose weight. I gained a lot of weight in my belly and boobs. Also my boobs are way too big now I went from a C cup to a DD. I quit the pill and lost two pounds gonna keep trying to loose more weight. It worked well as a birth control, i just don't like the side effects of weight gain."

Lunarwolf October 8, 2016