User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 6 reviews 55 medications

6.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 28 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 383 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec because I developed horrible acne all over my face. Now, almost 2 years later, skin has improved dramatically. I don't get hormonal acne anymore around my mouth and on my chin. However, I STILL get acne, much less, but I still constantly have at least a few on my face. And if I stop using my acne cream, I break out all over. So, birth control helps, but it isn't the cure for my acne. But, the side effects are so horrible, that I've decided to quit. The side effects I am POSITIVE are from Tri-sprintec (through a process of elimination) include constant postnasal drip (phlegm, clearing throat, stuffy nose, plugged and popping ears), really bad sore throat, nausea (even a year later), stomach aches, and dry throat"

krokuuu July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this since I was 17, 19 now. Works great, but definitely gained weight. I gained about 30 pounds while on it. my boobs went from a B to a C & usually they usually get tender the week before I start my period. My period lasts about 4 days with light bleeding. Never had an issue with headaches or severe cramps. I took this pill every morning, but if you take it without breakfast you tend to feel a little nauseas."

VVM July 17, 2016

For Acne "I've had cystic acne since the beginning of college. I've been on Orthotricyclen Lo, Tri-Previfem (generic orthotricyclen), Beyaz, and now I'm currently on Tri-Sprintec. The orthotricyclen LO helped a little with my acne, but I still had a lot of breakouts. I was on it for around a year. I then switched to tri-previfem, which worked great for me (no side effects whatsoever) It helped regulate my period really well too. I was on it for around 2 and a half years and my acne started coming back. A different doctor switched me over to Beyaz since she said my body was used to the Tri-Previfem. I was on Beyaz for 7 months, but noticed many problems such as weight gain (I gained 8 lbs) and moodiness. I switched to Tri-Sprintec and works great."

kvo July 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control pills for over a year and have drastically affected my emotions. i find myself extremely moody all the time and depressed. Definitely changing to another birth control. Very bad experience with these pills. Makes you feel like you are going crazy!"

JJH4671 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on these pills for 3 weeks now and yes I've noticed that I've been crying a lot lately too just out of the blue."

Butterfly1980!! July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Love this one! The previous BC I was on gave me a terrible experience. Extremely moody, made me gain weight and just did more bad than good overall. Started this one and I LOVE IT! My skin hasn't looked this great in idk how long. Haven't noticed any sorts of mood effects and no weight gain. My insurance also completely covers it!"

BBBbcccc July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "First time I was on it, I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. As soon as I discontinued using it, there was a noticeable decrease in weight. Fast forward 6 months later, I've been back on it for a little over a month and a half, and I am currently laying in bed at the ripe age of 21, in excruciating pain with 4 deep vein blood clots in my right leg which were caused by this birth control. Make sure that when you take birth controls/other medicines, that you are aware of the serious side effects."

Charleelynne July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Nope, never again. Worst month of my life. Nausea, cramping, random bleeding, irritable-- not just irritable.. I had a mental breakdown and felt like I wanted to kill myself because I was frustrated trying to pick an outfit to wear (not typical, usually I don't care at all). All this within two weeks of starting the medication. I stuck through a month and couldn't handle the negative emotional side effects. One more thing.. LOW LIBIDO. There was no point in being on this because I didn't want a thing to do with sex while taking it anyways. This pill can ruin a relationship. NO THANKS."

AllieSRoss July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I was scared to try this after reading negative reviews but honestly just listen to your doctor. I've been on it for over two months. My acne has cleared up and my periods have regulated already back to normal. They only complaint is that I get worse cramps than before and it made me slightly moody at first but no longer does."

Laurennn June 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I was taking Tri-Sprintec birth Control pills for almost 5 years, last year I started having irregular periods, last visit Dr told me to continue with the package regularly... yesterday I found out I am pregnant maybe 3+ weeks according to Clear Blue HPT"

Blanka45 June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've taken this bc for 5 years & absolutely loved it but have noticed that within the past two years I've had no sex drive what so ever & can not get wet. If it wasn't for those side effects I would keep taking it but I'm changing to a new bc to hopefully fix that."

Dentist6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "As far as a birth control that'll do its job? It's been great so far. Side affects? Where do I start? Mood swings (I mean MAJOR), headaches (non-stop), irritable, tired (24/7), I just don't have much drive to do a whole lot of anything. Hasn't affected my weight or acne situation as far as I've noticed tho. It's definitely put a strain on my relationship, I'm relatively new to takin it so hopefully all those little kinks will go away. Fingers crossed!"

Alix1998 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Bad bad bad. I have taken this pill for 9 months now my acne has gotten worse I have gained about 15 pounds my cramps are worse and I'm very emotional. My boobs hurt all the time, my sex drive has lowered and after I finish my 7 day period I have 6-7 days of spotting. And my cycle is all messed up."

mayziebella (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this birth control for a week and began having uncontrollable mood swings. I drove myself and everyone around my crazy because I was acting so psychotic. I felt depressed and would randomly break down and cry. Stopped taking it immediately when friends and family started noticing I was not acting like my normal, cheerful self. DO NOT recommend."

mfright June 13, 2016

For Acne "HORRIBLE!! I swear this ruined my relationship because it made me so crazy. The depression I experienced on this pill was unreal. I normally break out a little bit here and there on my cheeks and this pill made my skin absolutely AWFUL! my once totally clear and smooth forehead was covered in blackheads and cystic pimples. It also gave me cystic acne around my mouth and chin and some big red pustules on my cheeks. This pill literally ruined my life."

sashalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been on Tri Sprintec for about 6 months now. It has helped with my pmdd. I used to cry, get anxiety, and have suicidal thoughts around my period and those have completely gone away. I also never get cramps anymore. My period is lighter and always done by sunday when I start my new pack. My only complaint is I have gained 20 pounds but I also stopped breastfeeding at the same time I started so I dont know which is the cause."

Andi329 June 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had absolutely no problems with Tri-Sprintec. I don't have any side effects at all. No weight gain, no mood swings, no depression, no anxiety, no nausea, same sex drive. (No increase in breast size either - I WISH I had that side effect!) I feel exactly the same taking this as I did not taking any birth control. The only difference is my periods are lighter and shorter, and my cramps are no longer severe. By the way, I was really scared to take this because of the negative reviews I read! But before you decide this is a bad pill, give it a try. Every woman's body is different and your experience will just depend on your body!"

Lily_S June 7, 2016

For Acne "I've been on this medication for 6 months already and my skin is worse than before taking it. I'm have suffered from acne for 17 years, but I had not had any breakouts on my forehead for a long time until I got on this pill. I won't even talk about my chin because it's terrible. I really feel frustrated because I have spent thousands of dollars trying to find a solution for my chronic acne and I have not been successful. I've tried antibiotics, ointments, scrubs, etc... my last resource was this pill and it didn't work."

Sonia3039 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for over 9 years and it works great for me. My periods are way lighter and the pain is much more manageable. It causes no mood swings or weight gain for me. Overall, works great and is very affordable; my insurance covers all of it, but even without insurance it's only $9/month."

JC6814 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was originally put on OrthoTricyclin Lo for my acne, but I couldn't afford it so I was switched to trisprintec. Like I said, I was originally put on this for acne, but then my boyfriend and I started having sex so I was using it for it's BC effects too. It has worked WONDERS. My acne has cleared up, I'm not pregnant (you need to take it regularly though! don't forget!), no mood swings, and my periods are shorter and lighter. However, I didn't experience the GOOD side effects till after 3 months in! I was moody, bloated, and nauseous, but my body needed to get used to it. I encourage you to try and stick it out for a bit if you just started and are feeling that way. keep up with it and maybe you'll like it too!"

Emu Lover (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Please, listen to you doctor and do not read reviews. I was scared to death when I was reading all these horrible reviews. I've been on this pill for a month now and it's been wonderful. Not moody, I feel it has actually made me more relax and layed back. No bloating. Have not gained weight. Take it correctly and take it at the exact time and everyday."

Clauuuu (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

"I'm into my second month of tri sprintec & I'm always moody, depressed, nausea & cry for no reason. My relationship has gone downhill & I easily get upset. I used to be a cheerful person but lately I don't even smile anymore. I started out on ortho tri cyclen & only switched to tri sprintec at Wal-Mart because it's $9 there & $29 1st Publix. I'm ready to go back to depo but I read it causes calcium decrease. Just not sure anymore about these birth control methods."

Moody, Irritable, Depressed, May 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been taking ortho tri cyclen lo but had to switch to this generic tri lo sprintec. I started it on vacation with my fiancé in Hawaii and it made me SO moody, irritable, angry, and crazy! Not much can ruin a vaca in Hawaii, but it definitely caused me to start a lot of fights with my s/o. Seriously, these side effects are so real. I'm sure it affects everyone differently, but I'm switching right away. That's the first thing my fiancé said to me too- caused me to not act my normal self, cry about everything and make everything a difficult situation. Such a terrible experience. No babies though.."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control and I can tell you that it is working for me. I used to take another birth control that made me always moody and depressed. But with this birth control I have been the same (actually even more relaxed). I was surprised when I saw so many people talking about the side effects because I've got almost none so far. Sometimes a little headache but that is it. My skin has been getting better and my boobs are also getting a little bigger so that's a plus. My weight has not changed but I am also very active. I hope this helps people to understand that any pill you take, will have a different effect on each individual."

Hiiiiii May 1, 2016

For Birth Control "worst birth controL. BADDD MOOD SWINGS! ive been taking for about a year and ive noticed all i do is cry over dumb shit. I am starting to have really bad anxiety and i quit i didnt even finish the whole back. everytime near my period i get angry . dont take this. please."

eriiuiaiaiia April 28, 2016