User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Endometriosis 5 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 29 reviews 169 medications

5.1
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 440 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I was put on this bc to prevent pregnancy. I guess I should preface this review by saying I was off hormonal bc for almost 4 years, so my reaction could have been, in part, due to that fact. I was only able to take this bc for 4 days. The first thing I noticed was the nausea, and the ill feeling I had throughout the whole day. I couldn't eat, my appetite decreased a lot. It made my anxiety 3x worse, and it also made me depressed to the point where it was getting crippling, and I couldn't go through the day without feeling like I needed to cry, at the most random times. I read some people saying they had a feeling of dread while taking this bc. I had that too. I had the worst insomnia I've had in my life. worst bc I've ever taken!"

Juliannnna April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Cleared my acne super well and made my period regulated, but I've gained 20 pounds in the past 8 months using it. my metabolism has slowed down, and my whole self confidence is just gone because of my weight gain."

addy_40650980124134567 April 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started on trinessa 7 years ago, I had no problems whatsoever! It actually worked very well! Because of changing insurance companies I had to change pharmacies and I could only receive trisprintec. The pharmacist said it was the same thing..although it was a pill 3x bigger. I don't believe it was the same dosage. Anyways when I first took the pill I noticed from the first day I was nauseous. I ended up quitting my birth control cold turkey on the 6th day of the pack because I couldn't stand the nausea, headaches, and hot flashes. Since I'm planning on starting a family here in a few months I am just going to stay away from this birth control method. I would not recommend this medication..although everyone is different. Just not for me."

ADenise April 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I always had acne around periods but after I had my son it got severe. So much so that it left scars from inflammation that would make one zit into a pea sized bump deep under my skin that was painful and caused anxiety, depression and so on. After seeing a Dermatoligist he prescribed a combo of 3 to combat it. The tri sprintec to regulate hormones, a light topical antibiotic lotion clyndomicin I think and a year of doxycycline antibiotics. It took time but after the antibiotics took care of the infection with this pill it seemed to prevent acne. My reason for thinking this is the only time it's gotten bad again is after running out and going a month without or an occasional pimple during the placebo week. Overall it helped a great deal..."

Sarha85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was on this pill for 4 months and half. I didn't finish the last month because I COULD NOT stand the way I was feeling anymore. I had constant mood swings and was irritated basically all the time. My acne got worse even after having been on the pill for 4 months already. I switched now to a progesterine-only pill because I was having terrible migraines as well."

Pcamii_ March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm going to give this a 6 on the review scale. This is because I am only on my third day. So far I have had a CRAZY HIGH sex drive. I have had a couple of pimples pop up but not as bad as the reviews I've seen. There's also been some minor cramping but I just got off of my period before starting so that could be it. I will do another review after a month of being on this pill. But so far so good"

Nicky596 March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This bc nearly killed me. I had Terrible migraines once I started this Rx, ultimately was helicoptered to the nearest big city hospital and suffered a hemiplegic migraine, with stroke like symptoms.This bc is poison. I gave this a 1 rating because 0 was not an option. If you are taking tri sprintec, STOP. You don't even know the damage this is causing you, blood clots, strokes. Stop taking this bc now!!"

IzzyAl March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on Tri Sprintec for 8 months. I started taking it because my previous birth control, Aubra (aka Lutera, Alesse, many more), gave me cystic acne and oily skin for the first time in my life. Tri Sprintec has not helped me. I thought it would definitely get rid of the oily skin (it made it worse) and at least the small pimples (it gave me MORE all over my forehead). I have 5 more days of Tri Sprintec left and after that, I'm going to try to go off birth control altogether. I never had acne before I went on BC so we will see what happens. I also read that generic OTC makes acne worse, so maybe consider paying extra for brand name OTC if acne is your main concern. Good luck!"

kellysokola March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I've tried many methods to reduce pain and period flow for endometriosis and tri sprintec was the only thing that worked. Yeah you get nausea but that's common with birth control. I've been using it altogether for 4 years I have no children and no pain in my pelvis while using it. Was the best one for me."

10009Jess March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got on this med due to breakthrough bleeding and periods on my last med(ortho-try-cylen) . So far I've had no issues with bleeding. But I've been nauseous every time I take it with a headache almost daily, more depressed and anxious, I feel angry a lot of the time, and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I get shooting pains through my right ovary and recently took a trip to the ER due to unbearable tearing pains in my ovaries. Needless to say I'm not going to continue this med. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't suggest this one if you don't want to vomit almost daily."

Samantha283950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Tri-Sprintec when I was 15 years old to regulate my period. I turn 20 in two weeks and have been taking this birth control consistently. I have had minimum issues (occasional breast tenderness-- no big deal). All birth controls have their side effects but to say that this would alter my decision to take this birth control is bizarre. I have sex with my partner about every other day and we NEVER use condoms. However, he only "finishes" in me once or twice every few months. Even then, I have (luckily) had no problems. I have had no weight gain or mood swings, or any other side effects. It has also kept my face perfectly clear since it doubles as an acne- fighter. Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend to younger people."

ChristalJoy February 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "*DISCLAIMER* I only used tri-sprintec for 8 days. I discontinued use because of the side-effects. I had previously used NuvaRing, which did not give me any noticeable side-effects, but with tri-sprintec I was nauseous all eight days, felt bloated, and had severe mood depression. The reason I stopped so early on was the depression. I'm a student and it just wasn't worthwhile to me to be dealing with depression on top of a heavy course load."

Mack305 February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this brand not a whole yr now and I have experienced mood changes and my sex drive is down the drain. The thought of sex is not appealing at all. I have noticed when I take the pill at night before bed I instantly have cravings but luckily I'm able to control it to avoid weight gain. The only best thing from this experience is not getting pregnant which I have no sex drive like I'd mentioned. In my opinion no birth control is perfect or good for you physically or mentally but we all need something to help to avoid pregnancy."

Psumpt February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was using Tri-Previfem for 2 1/2 years (absolutely loved), but last June when we moved my new pharmacy changed my brand to Tri-Sprintec. Low and behold, four months into the new pill, I got pregnant. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 10. Never had an issue with birth control before. I'm very upset with this brand and I don't recommend it."

jnb1988 February 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 18 and have been on this for nearly a year now, and originally started this due to severe period cramps that became unbearable. It makes them less severe, but I still have them but it's bearable now. The only side effect is the breast pain and swelling. I get sore before the placebo week and my breasts have gone up literally 2 cup sizes, at first it was ok but now it's annoying. I haven't gained weight and I think I've lost weight instead so that's a plus considering the breast increase. For birth control it works well, just the breast soreness and delayed period on the placebos caused worry for a while, but now I know it's just the pill. Overall it works good and I'll continue to take it!"

Victra February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had severe anxiety and loss of motivation since starting this 2 months ago. My emotions have been out of control. I have had weight gain and water retention. The pain I used to experience due to my endometriosis is nonexistent now, but the vaginal dryness I've started experience has made sex equally as painful. I've been constantly exhausted but unable to fall asleep. I am done with this medication"

Cm005Danielle February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've waited out the three month wait time of absolute hell. Since starting Tri Sprintec my anxiety is through the roof, which exacerbates my depression to the point of me having suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I can't wait to see my doctor and switch to a new pill. At 25 yo my acne had subsided from the teenage years, but since I was started on Tri Sprintec it has come back. I thought maybe it would just come and go around the time of my period. Nope. Still here and even more coming in. I feel like I am back to being a teenager again with this acne and crazy mood swings. I am crying over anything and everything. Maybe these side effects will go away in more time but I can't handle this any longer to find out."

Nicole S February 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ovarian Cysts "In early November of 2016, I was Diagnosed with PCOS. I was prescribed birth control named " Tri-Sprintec",and a 100 mg per pill diuretic named, "spiralactone." The reason I was easily diagnosed with PCOS is due to the unbelievable painful menstrual periods I would experience time after time. Not only that, random black hairs would pop up around my face and I'd have to constantly, routinely, pluck my chin for to get rid of the single course black stubborn hairs. Before I had my medication my acne and facial hair was terrible my depression and anxiety made me want to hide. After 3 months of the combinations it meds I have notice an instant improvement to my skin. I can't wait for the day where I'm completely acne free"

AriGold (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication since I was 17. I'm now 25 so roughly 8 years. I was off of it for a few months also. I've never been pregnant or gained weight. They do cause sore breasts but it eventaully goes away. Only take as they prescribed. I missed a few days once and took the pills all at one time. I did have pain and bleeding. But if taken regularly and correctly I've had a positive experience"

Amberlyn6991 January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Going on 8 days of heavy period that started in the middle of my pack. I have a new boyfriend so this isn't working for me"

Jess from wA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm 18 and have had pretty awful acne since I was 12. My doctor prescribed Tri-Sprintec mainly for the acne, but also for period regulation and birth control. In the 2 weeks I've been taking it, I haven't experienced any of the mood swings or breast tenderness/growth that others have. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm home from college and so eating poorly and not exercising, so I can't really blame that on the birth control. My acne has gotten 10 times worse since starting, with lots of breakouts on my forehead, chin, and around my mouth which used to be completely clear. As frustrating as it is, I'll stick with it for a few months and hope that my body adjusts and the acne clears up!"

Still Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017