User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got on this med due to breakthrough bleeding and periods on my last med(ortho-try-cylen) . So far I've had no issues with bleeding. But I've been nauseous every time I take it with a headache almost daily, more depressed and anxious, I feel angry a lot of the time, and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I get shooting pains through my right ovary and recently took a trip to the ER due to unbearable tearing pains in my ovaries. Needless to say I'm not going to continue this med. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't suggest this one if you don't want to vomit almost daily."

Samantha283950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Tri-Sprintec when I was 15 years old to regulate my period. I turn 20 in two weeks and have been taking this birth control consistently. I have had minimum issues (occasional breast tenderness-- no big deal). All birth controls have their side effects but to say that this would alter my decision to take this birth control is bizarre. I have sex with my partner about every other day and we NEVER use condoms. However, he only "finishes" in me once or twice every few months. Even then, I have (luckily) had no problems. I have had no weight gain or mood swings, or any other side effects. It has also kept my face perfectly clear since it doubles as an acne- fighter. Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend to younger people."

ChristalJoy February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"*DISCLAIMER* I only used tri-sprintec for 8 days. I discontinued use because of the side-effects. I had previously used NuvaRing, which did not give me any noticeable side-effects, but with tri-sprintec I was nauseous all eight days, felt bloated, and had severe mood depression. The reason I stopped so early on was the depression. I'm a student and it just wasn't worthwhile to me to be dealing with depression on top of a heavy course load."

Mack305 February 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this brand not a whole yr now and I have experienced mood changes and my sex drive is down the drain. The thought of sex is not appealing at all. I have noticed when I take the pill at night before bed I instantly have cravings but luckily I'm able to control it to avoid weight gain. The only best thing from this experience is not getting pregnant which I have no sex drive like I'd mentioned. In my opinion no birth control is perfect or good for you physically or mentally but we all need something to help to avoid pregnancy."

Psumpt February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was using Tri-Previfem for 2 1/2 years (absolutely loved), but last June when we moved my new pharmacy changed my brand to Tri-Sprintec. Low and behold, four months into the new pill, I got pregnant. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 10. Never had an issue with birth control before. I'm very upset with this brand and I don't recommend it."

jnb1988 February 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 18 and have been on this for nearly a year now, and originally started this due to severe period cramps that became unbearable. It makes them less severe, but I still have them but it's bearable now. The only side effect is the breast pain and swelling. I get sore before the placebo week and my breasts have gone up literally 2 cup sizes, at first it was ok but now it's annoying. I haven't gained weight and I think I've lost weight instead so that's a plus considering the breast increase. For birth control it works well, just the breast soreness and delayed period on the placebos caused worry for a while, but now I know it's just the pill. Overall it works good and I'll continue to take it!"

Victra February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had severe anxiety and loss of motivation since starting this 2 months ago. My emotions have been out of control. I have had weight gain and water retention. The pain I used to experience due to my endometriosis is nonexistent now, but the vaginal dryness I've started experience has made sex equally as painful. I've been constantly exhausted but unable to fall asleep. I am done with this medication"

Cm005Danielle February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've waited out the three month wait time of absolute hell. Since starting Tri Sprintec my anxiety is through the roof, which exacerbates my depression to the point of me having suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I can't wait to see my doctor and switch to a new pill. At 25 yo my acne had subsided from the teenage years, but since I was started on Tri Sprintec it has come back. I thought maybe it would just come and go around the time of my period. Nope. Still here and even more coming in. I feel like I am back to being a teenager again with this acne and crazy mood swings. I am crying over anything and everything. Maybe these side effects will go away in more time but I can't handle this any longer to find out."

Nicole S February 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this medication since I was 17. I'm now 25 so roughly 8 years. I was off of it for a few months also. I've never been pregnant or gained weight. They do cause sore breasts but it eventaully goes away. Only take as they prescribed. I missed a few days once and took the pills all at one time. I did have pain and bleeding. But if taken regularly and correctly I've had a positive experience"

Amberlyn6991 January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm new to the whole birth control thing. My first try was seasonique it was perfect until I got migraines out of this world after 2 months of taking it. I told my doctor and she told me to give Tri-Sprintec a try. On this pill you absolutely must eat before you take it with seasonique I wasn't use to that so I had to get into the habit of eating in the morning before I take my pills. Other than nausea and vomiting when I first started I have no complaints. There are occasional cramps and sore breasts but that wasn't really a bother to me."

Sunfløwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used for birth control and period issues- very unhappy Worked good for preventing pregnancy, along with terrible side effects Hard time sleeping( if any) Nightmares ANXIETY Depression The list goes on, everybody is different I recommend trying this pill to see if it's for you, it just wasn't for me. Switching back to my old birth control"

BC user 123 January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Please move on to another birth control. I have been on this for 2 weeks and I started my period. It has been this worst experience of my life. I'm going thro a box of super plus tampons a day (I'm not a heavy bleeder) I am questioning my sanity. I honestly feel like crawling in a hole and dying. The first 3 days of this period I did not get out of bed. Then I had to work, and I'm in so much pain. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just don't even try this pill. I promise, it's not worth it."

Desyking January 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I love Tri-Sprintec , it has saved me from many different incidents. I highly recommend any young person between 14-30 to be on this, does not make you gain weight, it makes your diet steady!"

Becca.Leigh December 19, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"With every online review you have to take with a grain of salt. Everyones bodies are different. I was prescribed with tri-sprintec when I was 15 and have been using it for the last 5 years. I rarely had any skin problems, besides the monthly pop-ups everyone gets. Stress, food, genetics and physical health are contributors to breaking out too. I didn't gain any weight, I didn't get sick (unless I took it on an empty stomach), and for being sexually active for a few years, with this pill I haven't gotten pregnant. There are several reviews out there that are horrible, but my experience has been a good one. I am sorry for those who experiences otherwise but don't let all the negativity deter you from choosing something that could be good for you."

BCbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this medication for 5 months. I started off the first couple months with lots of nausea and my breasts were constantly sore. I decided to wait it out, but today had to call my doctor to get it switched. While on this medication, my breasts were constantly tender and very painful. I also felt nauseous a lot and on the first day of my last period I had to miss school because of it. My PMS symptoms seemed worse. It did work to prevent pregnancy, because my sex drive is non-existent. I also experienced dryness l, which I have never had a problem with. Other than the breast soreness and nausea, I didn't gain any weight or have any other issues."

Keri N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this pill for over a year now. I was first on ortho tri cyclen lo (tr sprintec is the generic for this) and I absolutely loved it. I never felt moody crampy or had heavy periods. I switched to tri sprintec due to insurance, not for any side effect reasons, I was disappointed to change but I was happy it was basically the same. I feel slightly moody during the first week just like you would during PMS (3-4 first pills in the pack) but no physical changes. My period usually arrives 2-3 days after my pack ends and lasts about 5-6 days and is pretty light except for about a day or two of normal bleeding. I know medications affect everyone differently, so I suggest trying it before letting any negative review sway you."

Ellie M December 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have only been on this medication for three days and i swear i have never been so depressed in my life! I thought maybe it was my immagination (because obviously three days isnt long enough to actually get a feel for what a medication is like) but after reading the reviews depression and anxiety seem like a normal side effect. im considering stopping it already. I have absolutly no motive at all and im very irritable"

anon 19 yr old November 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had suffered from moderate acne for years that no matter what I tried, I could not get rid of. Within the first month, maybe 2, my acne cleared completely and since then my face is totally clear except for minor pimples that are easily preventable. I got on birth control to regulate my sporadic periods that always varied in flow and length. With taking Tri-Sprintec at the same hour everyday, I can actually predict my period on the day and within a few hour time window. It didn't actually lighten my periods much; I would say my flow on Tri-Sprintec to be moderate, and they last 5 full days so I do with they were shorter, but its okay. I didn't notice any side effects. Love it!"

MarieGill November 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm starting my 1st week of the 3rd month on trisprintec. First month my period was on time with 3 days of additional spotting. Finishing up the 2nd month now and I have been bleeding for over 2 weeks!!! First it was light, then heavy (on time for expected period) since the expected end date I have had light bright pink or red spotting for 9 days past my period. Besides frustration, I've had cramps throughout and felt feverish at times. I've also experienced bad migraines and fatigue. I've never had this level of symptoms with BC before. I was off of BC for a year and this is what I get for trying to get back on it....beware!"

Emilydroz November 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Nothing new that isn't already listed on here multiple times. I started taking this medication about a month ago and noticed within the first week terrible mood swings, severe nausea, and a huge change to my motivations and relationships. Although I haven't gained any weight I constantly feel bloated and feel bigger than ever in my stomach area. I've never had headaches in my life but since taking this medication they have become something common. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. Aside from the terrible feeling it makes you have, it really does put a strain on your relationships and desires to be productive throughout the day"

Dontdoit789 November 2, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking trisprintec for almost a year now. At first I was perfectly fine with this Birth control, but now I suffer from random headaches, my acne is worse, I tend to cry for no reason especially at night before bed, and I'm always in a bad mood. I have noticed withing this past month I don't really enjoy sex anymore, and it's hard for me to get wet, I have developed Hypertension, and I missed a pill the other day I was in my 3rd week, and I've missed a pill before and been fine, but when the bleeding first started it lasted 7 days and I wrote it off as an early period because I missed a pill, but 3 days later the bleeding returned and hasn't yet stopped. Sunday I start a new BC and hopefully all of these symptoms go away."

DONEDONEDONE!!! October 25, 2016