User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

"I'm new to the whole birth control thing. My first try was seasonique it was perfect until I got migraines out of this world after 2 months of taking it. I told my doctor and she told me to give Tri-Sprintec a try. On this pill you absolutely must eat before you take it with seasonique I wasn't use to that so I had to get into the habit of eating in the morning before I take my pills. Other than nausea and vomiting when I first started I have no complaints. There are occasional cramps and sore breasts but that wasn't really a bother to me."

Sunfløwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"Used for birth control and period issues- very unhappy Worked good for preventing pregnancy, along with terrible side effects Hard time sleeping( if any) Nightmares ANXIETY Depression The list goes on, everybody is different I recommend trying this pill to see if it's for you, it just wasn't for me. Switching back to my old birth control"

BC user 123 January 7, 2017

"Please move on to another birth control. I have been on this for 2 weeks and I started my period. It has been this worst experience of my life. I'm going thro a box of super plus tampons a day (I'm not a heavy bleeder) I am questioning my sanity. I honestly feel like crawling in a hole and dying. The first 3 days of this period I did not get out of bed. Then I had to work, and I'm in so much pain. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just don't even try this pill. I promise, it's not worth it."

Desyking January 5, 2017

"I love Tri-Sprintec , it has saved me from many different incidents. I highly recommend any young person between 14-30 to be on this, does not make you gain weight, it makes your diet steady!"

Becca.Leigh December 19, 2016

"With every online review you have to take with a grain of salt. Everyones bodies are different. I was prescribed with tri-sprintec when I was 15 and have been using it for the last 5 years. I rarely had any skin problems, besides the monthly pop-ups everyone gets. Stress, food, genetics and physical health are contributors to breaking out too. I didn't gain any weight, I didn't get sick (unless I took it on an empty stomach), and for being sexually active for a few years, with this pill I haven't gotten pregnant. There are several reviews out there that are horrible, but my experience has been a good one. I am sorry for those who experiences otherwise but don't let all the negativity deter you from choosing something that could be good for you."

BCbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

"I took this medication for 5 months. I started off the first couple months with lots of nausea and my breasts were constantly sore. I decided to wait it out, but today had to call my doctor to get it switched. While on this medication, my breasts were constantly tender and very painful. I also felt nauseous a lot and on the first day of my last period I had to miss school because of it. My PMS symptoms seemed worse. It did work to prevent pregnancy, because my sex drive is non-existent. I also experienced dryness l, which I have never had a problem with. Other than the breast soreness and nausea, I didn't gain any weight or have any other issues."

Keri N (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"I have been on this pill for over a year now. I was first on ortho tri cyclen lo (tr sprintec is the generic for this) and I absolutely loved it. I never felt moody crampy or had heavy periods. I switched to tri sprintec due to insurance, not for any side effect reasons, I was disappointed to change but I was happy it was basically the same. I feel slightly moody during the first week just like you would during PMS (3-4 first pills in the pack) but no physical changes. My period usually arrives 2-3 days after my pack ends and lasts about 5-6 days and is pretty light except for about a day or two of normal bleeding. I know medications affect everyone differently, so I suggest trying it before letting any negative review sway you."

Ellie M December 13, 2016

"I have only been on this medication for three days and i swear i have never been so depressed in my life! I thought maybe it was my immagination (because obviously three days isnt long enough to actually get a feel for what a medication is like) but after reading the reviews depression and anxiety seem like a normal side effect. im considering stopping it already. I have absolutly no motive at all and im very irritable"

anon 19 yr old November 16, 2016

"I had suffered from moderate acne for years that no matter what I tried, I could not get rid of. Within the first month, maybe 2, my acne cleared completely and since then my face is totally clear except for minor pimples that are easily preventable. I got on birth control to regulate my sporadic periods that always varied in flow and length. With taking Tri-Sprintec at the same hour everyday, I can actually predict my period on the day and within a few hour time window. It didn't actually lighten my periods much; I would say my flow on Tri-Sprintec to be moderate, and they last 5 full days so I do with they were shorter, but its okay. I didn't notice any side effects. Love it!"

MarieGill November 10, 2016

"I'm starting my 1st week of the 3rd month on trisprintec. First month my period was on time with 3 days of additional spotting. Finishing up the 2nd month now and I have been bleeding for over 2 weeks!!! First it was light, then heavy (on time for expected period) since the expected end date I have had light bright pink or red spotting for 9 days past my period. Besides frustration, I've had cramps throughout and felt feverish at times. I've also experienced bad migraines and fatigue. I've never had this level of symptoms with BC before. I was off of BC for a year and this is what I get for trying to get back on it....beware!"

Emilydroz November 8, 2016

"Nothing new that isn't already listed on here multiple times. I started taking this medication about a month ago and noticed within the first week terrible mood swings, severe nausea, and a huge change to my motivations and relationships. Although I haven't gained any weight I constantly feel bloated and feel bigger than ever in my stomach area. I've never had headaches in my life but since taking this medication they have become something common. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. Aside from the terrible feeling it makes you have, it really does put a strain on your relationships and desires to be productive throughout the day"

Dontdoit789 November 2, 2016

"I have been taking trisprintec for almost a year now. At first I was perfectly fine with this Birth control, but now I suffer from random headaches, my acne is worse, I tend to cry for no reason especially at night before bed, and I'm always in a bad mood. I have noticed withing this past month I don't really enjoy sex anymore, and it's hard for me to get wet, I have developed Hypertension, and I missed a pill the other day I was in my 3rd week, and I've missed a pill before and been fine, but when the bleeding first started it lasted 7 days and I wrote it off as an early period because I missed a pill, but 3 days later the bleeding returned and hasn't yet stopped. Sunday I start a new BC and hopefully all of these symptoms go away."

DONEDONEDONE!!! October 25, 2016

"I was on this pill for about 3 years and i have gained 25 lbs since. I went to the gym and also ran when I was on it. I feel like being on this pill makes it really hard for me to loose weight. I gained a lot of weight in my belly and boobs. Also my boobs are way too big now I went from a C cup to a DD. I quit the pill and lost two pounds gonna keep trying to loose more weight. It worked well as a birth control, i just don't like the side effects of weight gain."

Lunarwolf October 8, 2016

"I forgot to add that while I was on this pill, during the second month that I was taking it, for the two weeks that I was tapering off the active pills and going into the sugar pills, I felt so incredibly disturbed and crazy. I started feeling extremely anxious and like I was going to die. I also had thoughts of killing myself during those two weeks. I've noticed this on the NuvaRing too, which makes me think I'm really sensitive to estrogen. If you have depression and anxiety I really don't recommend this pill because in my own experience, already knowing I have it, it made life a living hell during the last two weeks. I'm going to see if switching to a no-estrogen pill will work or possibly try an IUD."

Mariamne September 28, 2016

"I was previously on tri-cyclen until they switched me over to tri-sprintec. At first I hadn't noticed a difference between the two, but about a few weeks in I noticed that I started to feel a lot more nauseous. Now that I am about a month into tri-sprintec I've had about all the symptoms in the book. I have had increased negative mods swings which have put a big damper on my relationship almost causing me to lose a person I love over dumb stupid fights which are caused by me being very irritable throughout the day. Every night this week I've cried for no reason and I constantly feel depressed and my anxiety has been very bad. My boobs are constantly sore, my discharge smells disgusting, I can barely eat, and I'm always angry. Do not use!"

Cscott8114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

"I ended up in the hospital with pulmonary embolism because of this medication. Many people don't know how dangerous this medication is and can cause blood clots especially for people that have blood clotting medical history within their family. Does medication causes blood clots! I almost died because of this medication. I do not recommend it to anyone"

Kat702 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

"I'm 22 years old and trilosprintec is the first BC which I have consistently taken, for the past 5 months. At first, my periods were totally abnormal and lasted a long time. I even had my period twice in one month. The acne is mild to low, but has only gotten worse since I've gotten older, anyways. Most of the time when i get my period, the discharge smells horrible! Unlike any period blood ive had. Sorry if thats TMI. My sex drive is pretty much non existent. I asked my dermatologist for a low androgen BC because I have issues with hair loss and read online that it's not good to take high androgen BC when dealing with it. Hair loss has not changed. Physician is switching me to Gildess 1/20 & I'm scared. Wish me luck!"

cindloowho September 1, 2016

"The bad reviews are true! I've been on this for over three months now and I hate it. My boobs swelled up one full size and are CONSTANTLY tender and sore. I gained about five pounds, and I really feel like it increases bloating and abdominal discomfort because that's what I get immediately after I take my pill. I've also developed a daily headache that starts in the afternoon and lasts until that night. Annoying and probably dangerous. I've grown to hate taking this pill. My anxiety and depression were already bad but this pill just zaps all my energy and motivation and puts me in extremely bad moods that affect my relationships. I'm going to ask to be switched to a low dose pill or go back to Paragard."

Mariamne August 29, 2016

"STAY AWAY. I wish I would give this evil medication a 0. This medication can make you question your sanity. I suffered from out of the blue panic attacks, dizziness, racing thoughts - the entire gambit of unstable mental capacity. I was so scared that I started calling local shrinks. I've taken this medication twice and each time has caused me some serious side effects. Be careful what you put in your body and it got three times worse when I stopped taking it. I ended up in the ER after a panic attack for absolutely no reason. I spoke with a couple OBGYNs and every one indicated that any medication (especially this one) with Tri- before it would do serious damage to you. Do your research before you take these meds. Save yourself the agony."

Beware The Nightmare (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

"I started taking this since I was 17, 19 now. Works great, but definitely gained weight. I gained about 30 pounds while on it. my boobs went from a B to a C & usually they usually get tender the week before I start my period. My period lasts about 4 days with light bleeding. Never had an issue with headaches or severe cramps. I took this pill every morning, but if you take it without breakfast you tend to feel a little nauseas."

VVM July 17, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control pills for over a year and have drastically affected my emotions. i find myself extremely moody all the time and depressed. Definitely changing to another birth control. Very bad experience with these pills. Makes you feel like you are going crazy!"

JJH4671 July 14, 2016

"I've been on these pills for 3 weeks now and yes I've noticed that I've been crying a lot lately too just out of the blue."

Butterfly1980!! July 11, 2016

"Love this one! The previous BC I was on gave me a terrible experience. Extremely moody, made me gain weight and just did more bad than good overall. Started this one and I LOVE IT! My skin hasn't looked this great in idk how long. Haven't noticed any sorts of mood effects and no weight gain. My insurance also completely covers it!"

BBBbcccc July 9, 2016

"First time I was on it, I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. As soon as I discontinued using it, there was a noticeable decrease in weight. Fast forward 6 months later, I've been back on it for a little over a month and a half, and I am currently laying in bed at the ripe age of 21, in excruciating pain with 4 deep vein blood clots in my right leg which were caused by this birth control. Make sure that when you take birth controls/other medicines, that you are aware of the serious side effects."

Charleelynne July 7, 2016