User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Tri-Sprintec has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 524 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 40% of those users who reviewed Tri-Sprintec reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Anonymous May 11, 2021

“Before having been on the pill I had beautiful clear skin, I loved myself, and I forgot how much acne affects your self confidence! For 5 months now I have been sticking out on this pill hoping things will turn around but for the entirety of me taking the pill my face has been full of painful cystic acne in places I've never broken out before. When I'm on my placebo week is when my face actually clears up so I'm tempted to stop taking it. I did not realize nausea and depression where a side effect, and looking back the first three months were terrible. I would be so nauseous I would have to leave work or call out. And I assumed it was because of my terrible anxiety but I'm assuming the pill brought on a lot of terrible mental instability too, I have never felt so low.”

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2021

“This Birth Control caused major mood swings, and yeast infections.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2021

“I was on Ortho-Tricyclyn in the past for about 3 years and experienced no side effects after being off birth control for about a year my doctor put me on Tri-Sprintec. It has now been 4 months nightmares. My symptoms have included: constipation, increased appetite, tender breast, severe mood swings, increased anxiety and emotions and insomnia. I have began to feel like I’m falling into a depressive state. Countless times throughout the day I say to my friends/family “I just feel so bleh” and it is completely unlike me. I have a doctors appointment in a couple days and I’m going to continue taking it until I consult with her but regardless of her recommendation, where my mindset is right now, I am done with this birth control and possibly any other types. The only good thing I can say is my period cramps/heavy bleeding has decreased significantly but the misery isn’t worth it to me.”

VitaMN_C March 10, 2020

“I was o Ortho-Tri-Cyclen previously without issue, but it's been discontinued. Tri-Sprintec is the closest equivalent generic. Let me tell you... it's positively changed my life. I no longer deal with monthly hormonal imbalance/fluctuation(s) (i.e. mood swings), extremely painful periods, or reoccurring ovarian cysts. I didn't break out in acne; my skin has been super clear throughout--not even a transition period where I broke out. My hair has gotten thicker, my boobs have grown at least a cup size, and I've got a nice curvy booty again (all of these are very welcomed). I've loved the additional 5lb weight gain. It's also decreased chronic joint pain I had/have due to other health conditions. Additionally, Tri-Sprintec has improved my mood and sense of wellbeing, while lowering anxiety. I feel like myself again for the first time in years -- no antidepressant or anxiety med has done what this birth control has for me. Best. birth. control. ever.”

Eliza · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

“I was on the Xulane patch for a couple months and my period never regulated. I was also very sad and tired on Xulane (to the point where my family started to notice changes) I switched to Tri-Sprintec one month after stopping Xulane. I did have some side effects when starting the medicine eg. nausea & fatigue. Overall, I really love this birth control. So far, I’m not pregnant. Remember, everyone can experience different side effects! Don’t let these reviews scare you. Give your body a chance!”

MadintheRoc August 7, 2009

“You know, I have to say that reading most these reviews scared me but I went ahead and took Tri-Sprintec anyway after being automatically switched from Tri-Cyclen Lo and I am not experiencing any side effects. I don't even notice a difference so my advice to other people is to try it out and not base your opinion on these reviews because each women's body will react differently to any prescription medicine and you will never know if it's a fit for you until you give it a try.”

Anonymous December 17, 2009

“Within the 1st week I went from a happy optimistic girl, to a very unhappy, unstable individual. My experience: crying for no reason, complete misery, severe weight gain, anti-social, exhausted, nauseous, dry eyes, high anxiety, NO sex drive, painful sex, cramping, bloating, irrational behavior...”

Bug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

“So I've been on this pill for 9 months. It's given me really bad mood swings, depression, etc. I almost feel manic depressive on it. The hormone levels change drastically throughout the pill pack which is why you get mood swings. Look for a monophasic birth control instead - going off this drug now. It worked on the whole no-pregnancy bit and my periods were very short & light. No acne either. But I'd rather not feel crazy.”

ilikebikes November 20, 2009

“I have been on Tri-Sprintec for 4 months now and it is great. I had been on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo before, but switched because it was so expensive. I have had absolutely no problems with either pill. No headaches, no nausea, no weight gain, no breakout problems, and best of all no pregnancy. On Tri-Sprintec my periods are slightly shorter than they used to be, and I hardly have any cramps now, whereas without birth control pills I had terrible cramps for the first two days of my period. I am not moody, either. I would recommend this pill to anyone currently on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, or anyone at all for that matter.”

Kai · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

“This birth control for me has only really done me a few favors and that’s being free and not getting me pregnant. However that being said, the side effects I can’t justify I recently turned 18 and started taking the pill my first month was fine but the more I take it the worse I’m getting I’m having constant anxiety and panic attacks I always feel extremely worried stressed and overwhelmed. I’m very irritable and impatient, not to mention it gives me horrendous headaches and recently extreme nausea and vomiting. Not to get into too much detail, but just absolutely projectile vomiting everywhere. Feeling very feverish hot and cold sweats not to mention for period cramps, it does nothing my cramps feel just as bad as they were before and my period is just as heavy and maybe even a little longer my sex drive has definitely decreased and sex is painful I nearly bleed a little each time. It’s causing me to go crazy and I have trouble even sleeping w some of the symptoms.”

S March 9, 2020

“This birth control worked amazing for me. I only got break through bleeding once which was annoying but after a month it went away. my face cleared up real nice and I didn't get my period until the last 3 days of the week. I never worried about getting pregnant. Without insurance at Walmart its only $9 a pack and I would get a 3 months supply for $27. I highly recommend.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 16, 2019

“Every birth control pill will react differently to each of our bodies ! The best thing to do is to just try it out and stop taking them if we see changes we don’t like. I personally LOVE this brand. My experience is awesome ! I was never regular so it has helped me get my period every month. My mood swings are normal but I feel more energetic, I lost weight and I feel better than ever! Sex being involved, we all know that nothing is 100 percent accurate but I had unprotected sex with my partner over a year and I’ve had no surprises thankfully. Continue the routine with a pill and see if you could either love it or hate it! Glad to give another opinion and make the best decision that suits your body(:”

Kat 79 September 26, 2009

“I am completely satisfied with this pill. Unless you have really bad side effects I wouldn't listen to reviews of people that have been on it for few days only. You have to give your body time to adjust to hormones that you put in, 3-4 months. I am happy with this pill, no side effects at all. It regulated my periods, I know when they're coming and they're short. It keeps my skin clear. No weight gain, slightly bigger breasts but not complaining. No depression, headaches, hair loss or breast soreness. It only costs me $9.99...can't beat that! This pill works perfectly for me.”

smh · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2021

“I wish I could still be on this pill. I started with Tri-Sprintec at the age 16 due to having irregular menstrual cycle and I am now 22 years old. When I was on this, it was like I wasn't even taking birth control. I did not have any sort of side effects and if I did then it was a minimal cramp that I can still go on about my day. If I could go back to this I would in a heart beat but since I had a breakthrough bleeding in-between my periods, my doctor took me off. I don't know if these work best for irregular periods but it was the best for me. Hopefully this is helpful to those who are thinking of taking this or are starting it/been on it.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for a week. No side effects (no acne or weight gain) except I have realize that I do get moody or irritated quicker but I try to manage it. Also the first 3-4 days of taking the pill made me really nauseous after taking it but then went away after I ate something sweet. I’ll update again once I complete the month and get my period.”

kygirl123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 1, 2019

“My experience with Tri-Sprintec has been wonderful!!! I’ve been on it for over a year now and have never had any major complications. I switched to Tri-sprintec from Trinessa due to my insurance but needless to say, they both worked well for me. I lost nearly 30 pounds and it decreased my appetite, my skin is FINALLY clear with occasional breakouts when my period is about to start. As far as sex goes, with me being on the pill my boyfriend and I don’t use protection and it’s kept me baby free! Only thing negative I have to say is when my body was adjusting to it after I just got it, I was so moody and depressed and my libido (sex drive) was low for the first month or so. Overall rating for me is 10/10! But keep in mind, everyone’s body is different so your experience may be different!”

Lily_S June 7, 2016

“I have had absolutely no problems with Tri-Sprintec. I don't have any side effects at all. No weight gain, no mood swings, no depression, no anxiety, no nausea, same sex drive. (No increase in breast size either - I WISH I had that side effect!) I feel exactly the same taking this as I did not taking any birth control. The only difference is my periods are lighter and shorter, and my cramps are no longer severe. By the way, I was really scared to take this because of the negative reviews I read! But before you decide this is a bad pill, give it a try. Every woman's body is different and your experience will just depend on your body!”

Kyrstendavis · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2014

“As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!”

Hannah · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

“So I've been on it practically a month I have 5 pills left. First week I was super emotional so I decided to take it at night and that worked a lot better for me I stopped getting random mood swings. My skin is a lot clearer now. Downside is I just had my first period on it and I've been bleeding for a week and a half. It was light at first and then it got really heavy I'm on my 10th day on my period and it's like a massacre it won't stop I'm hoping it ends soon and my next period isn't as heavy but if it continues I will probably switch. I've also had really bad cramps during this whole ordeal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2020

“I was switched from TriNessa several months ago. I know they are supposed to be the same, but where I had no issues on TriNessa I experienced multiple issues on Tri-Sprintec. I really wish the company had not discontinued TriNessa and all the others. Tri-Sprintec is awful.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

“I've been on Tri Sprintec for a year now and it's been great. The first month or two the side effects were definitely there. I had mild cramps pretty constantly and my boobs hurt but it wasnt anything debilitating. The worst part was during the first month I was a bit dry down there. But that's all since cleared up. My period has been very constant and never late or early. I didn't gain any weight and my anxiety hasn't elevated at all. This medication has been good to me.”

Hannah12345 July 25, 2014

“This pill has been great. It keeps my period very regulated and I went up a cup size within the first couple months. I have suffered from moderate acne since I was a teenage and since taking the pill, my face is completely clear! I will occasionally get a pimple around the time of my period, but NOTHING like I had before. It is magic! The nausea was mild-moderate during the first few months and I still occasionally feel mildly nauseous (nothing unmanageable, though). My appetite has changed, as well (I don't crave sugar as often as I used to). I feel like it helps stabilize my mood in general, as well, but I do cry more often than I used to (during period time). All in all, great method!”

Mireyaf84 · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2019

“I have been taking Tri-Sprintec birth control for about 2 weeks now. This is the first time I have taken birth control, so like any person I came to check the reviews to see other people’s experiences as well as asking friends and I truly believe that EVERY BODY is different. I was very hesitant about buying it after reading all the horrible reviews I read but still decided to give it a try. I have not had ANY side effects whatsoever from Tri-Sprintec, I am living my normal life just like before I started taking birth control, I haven’t really noticed any changes in my skin, neither good or bad which is fine with me. I truly do recommend for people to give this birth control a try, don’t be scared because of everything you read because like I said earlier everyone’s body reacts differently. If you do go ahead and give it a try and you don’t like it or it doesn’t work for you just look for different brands there’s nothing wrong with trying!”

New2birthcontrol April 22, 2014

“I am only ten days into my first pack of Tri-Sprintec and I can already see changes. I'm not one to have acne, I just get the occasional pimples or tiny zits, but they're all gone now. Even more interesting though, is that my breasts went up a cup size, and my voice is now lighter too. It's too soon to know it's birth control effectiveness, or it's affects on weight gain yet for me. But I have noticed it's slimmed down my day time appettite, but at night, literally I cannot seem to get full. Weird. Anyway, it's good for a broke college student like me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for about 5 months now, for bad cramping. I’d like to say that I am a lesbian, so this is not a contraceptive for me, it was just to alleviate my period pain & heavy bleeding. The first three months were the worst. I gained a little weight, was the most MOODY I’ve ever been, & was sad often. However, once you get past all of that in those 3 months, its a life saver. My period pain has decreased so much that honestly I’ll forget I’m on my period, it’s made them lighter, & shorter. My skin is clearer, the weight I lost from the first 3 months is gone, and I’m not moody anymore. HOWEVER!! It does kill my sex drive almost completely, so if you are worried about that, take it into consideration before trying this birth control.”

Susanlin February 16, 2010

“I took tri-sprintec for almost 3 years. Finally last year as a freshman in college i quit taking it- realizing then only how much i hated it. Tri-sprintec did reduce my cramps and bloating but it made me very moody and irritable. I felt angry a lot and did not realize this until i quit taking the pill. I also gained about 8 pounds with in the first month and my appetite was way up, i was hungry all the time. To make matters worse, my hair started falling out / I was shedding a ton, my hair got a lot thinner. My breasts which are already inconveniently large got even bigger.I feel awful that i put up with this medicine for almost three years- I was naive and thought that these were unavoidable side affects, I would never recommend this pill.”

Tay · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2020

“I love this brand of birth control! I started taking this brand about 3 1/2 years ago and it’s helped so much. During that time I did switch to a different brand to try something else and it was the worst decision, so I switched right back. My periods are so light and short, which is plus. It helped clear my skin up right away, but recently it’s been a little worse (I blame that on STRESS). Only major complaint about the pill is a lack of sex drive. Highly recommend this for of birth control.”

No thanks to this! September 4, 2009

“I am 28 years old. I have never felt any side effects from any birth control I have ever taken. My Doctor, however, switched me to this one because of the price I assume. Since I began taking it a month ago, I have been extremely emotional, crying when I'm happy, crying when I am sad. My mood swings are having an affect on my relationship, my kids and husband, as I am less patient and more tired. My face is also breaking out, which normally only happens when I am PMSing the week before my period. I called my doctor today to switch me off of this. I am only stating my experience, to reassure others if having the same side effects that it is not you coming down with depression. It is only the pill. ”