User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 254 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I took this pill for less than two months and my face is now covered in horrible cystic acne and scars. New breakouts every single day. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Horrible breakout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this medication for 4 months and it has been awful. I originally got on it for my horrible stomach cramps and my irregular period. I will say that it has regulated my period and even made it light which has been great. But I have been sick almost daily. I have gained a bit of weight since I started taking it 4 months ago. I have awful headaches every day as well as stomach cramps. I would not recommend this medication at all!!!!!!!"

KaylaS1 May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I just started sprintec two days ago & I hate it! I've been vomiting every since I started taking the pill."

ShantelDenise (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking tri-sprintec for about 5 years. It stared when I was 15, and the first few months my face had acne absolutely everywhere; the acne lasted about 3 months. Some of the side effects did occur to me such as anxiety, mood swings.. but the most important fact is that I have not gotten pregnant, and the pill is easily affordable.. so that's why I keep using it."

tina* (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking them to prevent pregnancy the first few days it was OK but I did get a big pimple but other than that my skin seems to be clearing up but I will say I noticed I'm gaining weight already"

Queeniezz April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on this bc to prevent pregnancy. I guess I should preface this review by saying I was off hormonal bc for almost 4 years, so my reaction could have been, in part, due to that fact. I was only able to take this bc for 4 days. The first thing I noticed was the nausea, and the ill feeling I had throughout the whole day. I couldn't eat, my appetite decreased a lot. It made my anxiety 3x worse, and it also made me depressed to the point where it was getting crippling, and I couldn't go through the day without feeling like I needed to cry, at the most random times. I read some people saying they had a feeling of dread while taking this bc. I had that too. I had the worst insomnia I've had in my life. worst bc I've ever taken!"

Juliannnna April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Cleared my acne super well and made my period regulated, but I've gained 20 pounds in the past 8 months using it. my metabolism has slowed down, and my whole self confidence is just gone because of my weight gain."

addy_40650980124134567 April 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started on trinessa 7 years ago, I had no problems whatsoever! It actually worked very well! Because of changing insurance companies I had to change pharmacies and I could only receive trisprintec. The pharmacist said it was the same thing..although it was a pill 3x bigger. I don't believe it was the same dosage. Anyways when I first took the pill I noticed from the first day I was nauseous. I ended up quitting my birth control cold turkey on the 6th day of the pack because I couldn't stand the nausea, headaches, and hot flashes. Since I'm planning on starting a family here in a few months I am just going to stay away from this birth control method. I would not recommend this medication..although everyone is different. Just not for me."

ADenise April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm going to give this a 6 on the review scale. This is because I am only on my third day. So far I have had a CRAZY HIGH sex drive. I have had a couple of pimples pop up but not as bad as the reviews I've seen. There's also been some minor cramping but I just got off of my period before starting so that could be it. I will do another review after a month of being on this pill. But so far so good"

Nicky596 March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got on this med due to breakthrough bleeding and periods on my last med(ortho-try-cylen) . So far I've had no issues with bleeding. But I've been nauseous every time I take it with a headache almost daily, more depressed and anxious, I feel angry a lot of the time, and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I get shooting pains through my right ovary and recently took a trip to the ER due to unbearable tearing pains in my ovaries. Needless to say I'm not going to continue this med. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't suggest this one if you don't want to vomit almost daily."

Samantha283950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Tri-Sprintec when I was 15 years old to regulate my period. I turn 20 in two weeks and have been taking this birth control consistently. I have had minimum issues (occasional breast tenderness-- no big deal). All birth controls have their side effects but to say that this would alter my decision to take this birth control is bizarre. I have sex with my partner about every other day and we NEVER use condoms. However, he only "finishes" in me once or twice every few months. Even then, I have (luckily) had no problems. I have had no weight gain or mood swings, or any other side effects. It has also kept my face perfectly clear since it doubles as an acne- fighter. Very impressed and would HIGHLY recommend to younger people."

ChristalJoy February 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"*DISCLAIMER* I only used tri-sprintec for 8 days. I discontinued use because of the side-effects. I had previously used NuvaRing, which did not give me any noticeable side-effects, but with tri-sprintec I was nauseous all eight days, felt bloated, and had severe mood depression. The reason I stopped so early on was the depression. I'm a student and it just wasn't worthwhile to me to be dealing with depression on top of a heavy course load."

Mack305 February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this brand not a whole yr now and I have experienced mood changes and my sex drive is down the drain. The thought of sex is not appealing at all. I have noticed when I take the pill at night before bed I instantly have cravings but luckily I'm able to control it to avoid weight gain. The only best thing from this experience is not getting pregnant which I have no sex drive like I'd mentioned. In my opinion no birth control is perfect or good for you physically or mentally but we all need something to help to avoid pregnancy."

Psumpt February 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was using Tri-Previfem for 2 1/2 years (absolutely loved), but last June when we moved my new pharmacy changed my brand to Tri-Sprintec. Low and behold, four months into the new pill, I got pregnant. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 10. Never had an issue with birth control before. I'm very upset with this brand and I don't recommend it."

jnb1988 February 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 18 and have been on this for nearly a year now, and originally started this due to severe period cramps that became unbearable. It makes them less severe, but I still have them but it's bearable now. The only side effect is the breast pain and swelling. I get sore before the placebo week and my breasts have gone up literally 2 cup sizes, at first it was ok but now it's annoying. I haven't gained weight and I think I've lost weight instead so that's a plus considering the breast increase. For birth control it works well, just the breast soreness and delayed period on the placebos caused worry for a while, but now I know it's just the pill. Overall it works good and I'll continue to take it!"

Victra February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had severe anxiety and loss of motivation since starting this 2 months ago. My emotions have been out of control. I have had weight gain and water retention. The pain I used to experience due to my endometriosis is nonexistent now, but the vaginal dryness I've started experience has made sex equally as painful. I've been constantly exhausted but unable to fall asleep. I am done with this medication"

Cm005Danielle February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've waited out the three month wait time of absolute hell. Since starting Tri Sprintec my anxiety is through the roof, which exacerbates my depression to the point of me having suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I can't wait to see my doctor and switch to a new pill. At 25 yo my acne had subsided from the teenage years, but since I was started on Tri Sprintec it has come back. I thought maybe it would just come and go around the time of my period. Nope. Still here and even more coming in. I feel like I am back to being a teenager again with this acne and crazy mood swings. I am crying over anything and everything. Maybe these side effects will go away in more time but I can't handle this any longer to find out."

Nicole S February 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this medication since I was 17. I'm now 25 so roughly 8 years. I was off of it for a few months also. I've never been pregnant or gained weight. They do cause sore breasts but it eventaully goes away. Only take as they prescribed. I missed a few days once and took the pills all at one time. I did have pain and bleeding. But if taken regularly and correctly I've had a positive experience"

Amberlyn6991 January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm new to the whole birth control thing. My first try was seasonique it was perfect until I got migraines out of this world after 2 months of taking it. I told my doctor and she told me to give Tri-Sprintec a try. On this pill you absolutely must eat before you take it with seasonique I wasn't use to that so I had to get into the habit of eating in the morning before I take my pills. Other than nausea and vomiting when I first started I have no complaints. There are occasional cramps and sore breasts but that wasn't really a bother to me."

Sunfløwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Used for birth control and period issues- very unhappy Worked good for preventing pregnancy, along with terrible side effects Hard time sleeping( if any) Nightmares ANXIETY Depression The list goes on, everybody is different I recommend trying this pill to see if it's for you, it just wasn't for me. Switching back to my old birth control"

BC user 123 January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Please move on to another birth control. I have been on this for 2 weeks and I started my period. It has been this worst experience of my life. I'm going thro a box of super plus tampons a day (I'm not a heavy bleeder) I am questioning my sanity. I honestly feel like crawling in a hole and dying. The first 3 days of this period I did not get out of bed. Then I had to work, and I'm in so much pain. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just don't even try this pill. I promise, it's not worth it."

Desyking January 5, 2017