User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Hannah · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

“So I've been on it practically a month I have 5 pills left. First week I was super emotional so I decided to take it at night and that worked a lot better for me I stopped getting random mood swings. My skin is a lot clearer now. Downside is I just had my first period on it and I've been bleeding for a week and a half. It was light at first and then it got really heavy I'm on my 10th day on my period and it's like a massacre it won't stop I'm hoping it ends soon and my next period isn't as heavy but if it continues I will probably switch. I've also had really bad cramps during this whole ordeal.”

Eliza · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

“I was on the Xulane patch for a couple months and my period never regulated. I was also very sad and tired on Xulane (to the point where my family started to notice changes) I switched to Tri-Sprintec one month after stopping Xulane. I did have some side effects when starting the medicine eg. nausea & fatigue. Overall, I really love this birth control. So far, I’m not pregnant. Remember, everyone can experience different side effects! Don’t let these reviews scare you. Give your body a chance!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2020

“I was switched from TriNessa several months ago. I know they are supposed to be the same, but where I had no issues on TriNessa I experienced multiple issues on Tri-Sprintec. I really wish the company had not discontinued TriNessa and all the others. Tri-Sprintec is awful.”

VitaMN_C March 10, 2020

“I was o Ortho-Tri-Cyclen previously without issue, but it's been discontinued. Tri-Sprintec is the closest equivalent generic. Let me tell you... it's positively changed my life. I no longer deal with monthly hormonal imbalance/fluctuation(s) (i.e. mood swings), extremely painful periods, or reoccurring ovarian cysts. I didn't break out in acne; my skin has been super clear throughout--not even a transition period where I broke out. My hair has gotten thicker, my boobs have grown at least a cup size, and I've got a nice curvy booty again (all of these are very welcomed). I've loved the additional 5lb weight gain. It's also decreased chronic joint pain I had/have due to other health conditions. Additionally, Tri-Sprintec has improved my mood and sense of wellbeing, while lowering anxiety. I feel like myself again for the first time in years -- no antidepressant or anxiety med has done what this birth control has for me. Best. birth. control. ever.”

S March 9, 2020

“This birth control worked amazing for me. I only got break through bleeding once which was annoying but after a month it went away. my face cleared up real nice and I didn't get my period until the last 3 days of the week. I never worried about getting pregnant. Without insurance at Walmart its only $9 a pack and I would get a 3 months supply for $27. I highly recommend.”

Bug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

“So I've been on this pill for 9 months. It's given me really bad mood swings, depression, etc. I almost feel manic depressive on it. The hormone levels change drastically throughout the pill pack which is why you get mood swings. Look for a monophasic birth control instead - going off this drug now. It worked on the whole no-pregnancy bit and my periods were very short & light. No acne either. But I'd rather not feel crazy.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for about 5 months now, for bad cramping. I’d like to say that I am a lesbian, so this is not a contraceptive for me, it was just to alleviate my period pain & heavy bleeding. The first three months were the worst. I gained a little weight, was the most MOODY I’ve ever been, & was sad often. However, once you get past all of that in those 3 months, its a life saver. My period pain has decreased so much that honestly I’ll forget I’m on my period, it’s made them lighter, & shorter. My skin is clearer, the weight I lost from the first 3 months is gone, and I’m not moody anymore. HOWEVER!! It does kill my sex drive almost completely, so if you are worried about that, take it into consideration before trying this birth control.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for a week. No side effects (no acne or weight gain) except I have realize that I do get moody or irritated quicker but I try to manage it. Also the first 3-4 days of taking the pill made me really nauseous after taking it but then went away after I ate something sweet. I’ll update again once I complete the month and get my period.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

“I've been on Tri Sprintec for a year now and it's been great. The first month or two the side effects were definitely there. I had mild cramps pretty constantly and my boobs hurt but it wasnt anything debilitating. The worst part was during the first month I was a bit dry down there. But that's all since cleared up. My period has been very constant and never late or early. I didn't gain any weight and my anxiety hasn't elevated at all. This medication has been good to me.”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

“I’ve been on Tri-Sprintec for 6 months now The first three months were awful but now I really love my birth control. At first, I was having awful mood swings, depression, and random crying spells. I stuck with the pill and then after getting married in December, all my bad symptoms subsided. My acne has gone away and I’ve never had skin this clear! My periods are very manageable, and I can control my period if I want to. So far, no pregnancy, but I’m super religious about taking my pills on time, and try to use back up prevention when on antibiotics. I completely sympathize with all the ladies who have put reviews on here, but thankfully my symptoms have gone away and I’m gonna stick to this pill. Best wishes!”

Maddie February 13, 2020

“I have been on Tri-Sprintec for a little over a month for heavy periods/bad cramps. I've had the worst headaches (don't remember the last time I had a headache before being on this), upper back pain, stomach cramps (not on my period) and I've been exhausted. Does work well to help my periods though.”

Kai · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

“This birth control for me has only really done me a few favors and that’s being free and not getting me pregnant. However that being said, the side effects I can’t justify I recently turned 18 and started taking the pill my first month was fine but the more I take it the worse I’m getting I’m having constant anxiety and panic attacks I always feel extremely worried stressed and overwhelmed. I’m very irritable and impatient, not to mention it gives me horrendous headaches and recently extreme nausea and vomiting. Not to get into too much detail, but just absolutely projectile vomiting everywhere. Feeling very feverish hot and cold sweats not to mention for period cramps, it does nothing my cramps feel just as bad as they were before and my period is just as heavy and maybe even a little longer my sex drive has definitely decreased and sex is painful I nearly bleed a little each time. It’s causing me to go crazy and I have trouble even sleeping w some of the symptoms.”

H · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2020

“So I started taking Tri-Sprintec and the first month wasn’t so great. I was nauseous and my boobs ACHED. But I was told after the second or third pack is whenever you shouldn’t have as bad as side effects anymore. So I’ve been on it for over a year, and it’s a good contraceptive; have not gotten pregnant and it has lighten my periods and I don’t cramp as bad anymore. But, by time I start the 3rd week of the pills, I feel awful. Like VERY irritable and sad for no reason; which is totally not like me. I don’t feel like myself. So I’m switching to a different birth control pill.”

Dissapointed · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 1, 2020

“I had been on Tri-Sprintec for about a year and a half to prevent pregnancy. A few months after starting to take it, I began to gain weight and become severely depressed. I would cry at every little thing, and my period cramps were worse than they were before. I couldn't sleep and had no sex drive. It didn't even occur to me that these changes were due to my birth control until I finally went to the doctor who told me that sounds like symptoms of Tri-sprintec. I just got an IUD placed and I have never felt better, I have my personality back.”

tania · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2020

“ was on Tri- Sprintec for 4 years and i got all the side effects , I started spotting almost every two weeks after 4 years of taking it that's why I stopped and it been 2 years since I stopped and my cycles have been all over the place. I had my cycle 2 times for the first 3 months after that I didn't get a cycle for 7 months and I wasn't pregnant and I'm still experiencing spotting ..... it has messed up my body. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.”

Tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

“Absolutely the worst experience of my life. I’m honestly considering switching doctors for even thinking this was okay to prescribe. These pills have made me very depressed and my periods are heavier and longer and more painful than usual. I also gained weight. ”

desi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

“I’ve been on this birth control for about 3 months now and first month was okay even though my headaches were bad and having nausea . Before I had been taking this , I was having breast tenderness but I took a test before and it said I wasn’t pregnant and my breast are still having tenderness to them and it’s my 3rd month on this kind of birth control . People are saying that your breast shouldn’t still be feeling like that so I’m getting worried about that , I’ve been pregnant before and all my symptoms was breast tenderness and nausea . Idk if I’m pregnant or what but I’m sick of feeling like this .My cramps are worse ,and my period days are longer but light . I’m having irregular periods now .”

2020pill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

“I have mood swings like crazy on Tri-Sprintec . I'm usually always laid back, and never confrontational at ALL. I cussed someone out over banana peppers. I felt like I was really going crazy on these pills. I would go off on anyone, over the simplest things. I would cry for no reason, or over simple things that I usually wouldn't worry about. On this pill, I feel like a walking time bomb. My boobs are sore 3 weeks out of 4 in a month. I've also had cystic acne and never ever had acne in my life until starting this pill. My periods are lighter, but I would much rather have a heavier period than deal with the MOOD SWINGS/DEPRESSION/ANXIETY. THEY ARE AWFUL! Will definitely be switching!”

KLiv January 22, 2020

“I was cautious in the beginning to not read women's reviews of Tri Sprintec because I wanted to begin the experience with a fresh mind. I've only been on Tri Sprintec for two months (just beginning pack #3) and all though my doctor said it could take up to 3 packs to "adjust," I am not continuing with these synthetic hormones. I began taking this pill for a heavy period and cramps- neither were relieved. In fact, I was spotting for the week before my periods and a little after, too. I never get headaches and on this pill, I had a consistent dull throbbing pain in my head. I lost my appetite for weeks at the beginning. The worst side effect is my moods- I feel completely flat. As someone who typically is energized and excited (sometimes anxious too) about life, this pill was not for me. It stunted my personality. I threw my pack away today and I will continue seeking alternative solutions to painful periods because I'd rather have painful periods than feel this emotional numbness.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

“I was on Sprintec and switched to tri - sprintec to help with minor breakouts I had. Tri Sprintec gave me the worst cystic acne ever! I waited a month to see if it would get better but it never did. I also experienced very bad mood swings and depression. It was awful. Listen to the reviews!”

kae January 18, 2020

“I recently started taking birth control again to help with period pains and was on Tri Previfem for the first month with no problems. For my second month I had switched pharmacies and was given Tri Sprintec. I started the pack last night after dinner and have been throwing up all morning. This last time tasted like pure poison which made me finally recognize this as the same pill that I was on for 5 months years ago that I had to STOP taking and get something else because it would make me throw up at least 2-3 times a week. Back then it seemed like the only way to not throw up every morning was for me to eat as much as I possibly could all day. If you’re someone who eats 3 large meals a day, maybe you won’t have this problem. But if you’re someone with a sensitive stomach I would not recommend. I will not be taking anymore of it. I would rather have debilitating period cramps 2 days a month than spend 4 hours every morning sick and puking until there’s nothing left”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 12, 2020

“I started taking Tri-Sprintec because my insurance no longer covered the brand name Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and it was the worst experience ever. I immediately broke out and my periods got worse. I started to experience mood swings and worse cramps. I stuck with it hoping it would get better but it never did. I would not recommend Tri-Sprintec or Sprintec to anyone, both of these made my life a living nightmarel.”

Suelynn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 6, 2020

“I’ve been on tri-sprintec for about 7-8 months now....I started after my second pregnancy (obviously to avoid a third) and kept putting off what I was feeling because I felt my emotions were related to postpartum: they most certainly were/are not. This pill causes hormonal DISASTER. I am cranky, quick to argue with my husband, have ZERO sex drive whatsoever, and cry over a messed up order of huevos rancheros. I talked to my doctor about it and she recommended switching pills because tri-sprintec is known for its side effects. I just want my body/mind back. This drug should not be marketed.”

Bri · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2019

“This was my first time taking birth control orally and this has been the worst ever! I broke out in a rash from thighs to my legs and I immediately got a yeast infection,I have stop taking it since then.”

Maddie December 16, 2019

“I switched from Ortho Tri Cyclen to Tri Sprintec because I was told that it's just the generic form of Ortho and that there's no difference between the two. I've been taking Tri Sprintec for about 4 months and for about 3 of those months I've had HORRIBLE anxiety and depression. I've been having panic attacks and a really bad tight feeling in my chest. I went to the doctor not even thinking about it being my birth control because it was just a switch to the generic brand, so I didn't list that as a difference in medications and I really wish I would have because that's the only thing in the past 4 months that has changed. I went to the doctor because my panic attacks were getting worse and I started having them at work. I felt like I was going to pass out. I've never been on any prescription besides birth control. I realized that during the placebo pills I felt a little better. Once I started my pack again it got worse. I'm not taking another pill until I have Ortho Tri Cyclen back.”