User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 235 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I started taking this since I was 17, 19 now. Works great, but definitely gained weight. I gained about 30 pounds while on it. my boobs went from a B to a C & usually they usually get tender the week before I start my period. My period lasts about 4 days with light bleeding. Never had an issue with headaches or severe cramps. I took this pill every morning, but if you take it without breakfast you tend to feel a little nauseas."

VVM July 17, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control pills for over a year and have drastically affected my emotions. i find myself extremely moody all the time and depressed. Definitely changing to another birth control. Very bad experience with these pills. Makes you feel like you are going crazy!"

JJH4671 July 14, 2016

"I've been on these pills for 3 weeks now and yes I've noticed that I've been crying a lot lately too just out of the blue."

Butterfly1980!! July 11, 2016

"Love this one! The previous BC I was on gave me a terrible experience. Extremely moody, made me gain weight and just did more bad than good overall. Started this one and I LOVE IT! My skin hasn't looked this great in idk how long. Haven't noticed any sorts of mood effects and no weight gain. My insurance also completely covers it!"

BBBbcccc July 9, 2016

"First time I was on it, I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. As soon as I discontinued using it, there was a noticeable decrease in weight. Fast forward 6 months later, I've been back on it for a little over a month and a half, and I am currently laying in bed at the ripe age of 21, in excruciating pain with 4 deep vein blood clots in my right leg which were caused by this birth control. Make sure that when you take birth controls/other medicines, that you are aware of the serious side effects."

Charleelynne July 7, 2016

"Nope, never again. Worst month of my life. Nausea, cramping, random bleeding, irritable-- not just irritable.. I had a mental breakdown and felt like I wanted to kill myself because I was frustrated trying to pick an outfit to wear (not typical, usually I don't care at all). All this within two weeks of starting the medication. I stuck through a month and couldn't handle the negative emotional side effects. One more thing.. LOW LIBIDO. There was no point in being on this because I didn't want a thing to do with sex while taking it anyways. This pill can ruin a relationship. NO THANKS."

AllieSRoss July 6, 2016

"I was scared to try this after reading negative reviews but honestly just listen to your doctor. I've been on it for over two months. My acne has cleared up and my periods have regulated already back to normal. They only complaint is that I get worse cramps than before and it made me slightly moody at first but no longer does."

Laurennn June 28, 2016

"I was taking Tri-Sprintec birth Control pills for almost 5 years, last year I started having irregular periods, last visit Dr told me to continue with the package regularly... yesterday I found out I am pregnant maybe 3+ weeks according to Clear Blue HPT"

Blanka45 June 25, 2016

"I've taken this bc for 5 years & absolutely loved it but have noticed that within the past two years I've had no sex drive what so ever & can not get wet. If it wasn't for those side effects I would keep taking it but I'm changing to a new bc to hopefully fix that."

Dentist6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2016

"As far as a birth control that'll do its job? It's been great so far. Side affects? Where do I start? Mood swings (I mean MAJOR), headaches (non-stop), irritable, tired (24/7), I just don't have much drive to do a whole lot of anything. Hasn't affected my weight or acne situation as far as I've noticed tho. It's definitely put a strain on my relationship, I'm relatively new to takin it so hopefully all those little kinks will go away. Fingers crossed!"

Alix1998 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

"Bad bad bad. I have taken this pill for 9 months now my acne has gotten worse I have gained about 15 pounds my cramps are worse and I'm very emotional. My boobs hurt all the time, my sex drive has lowered and after I finish my 7 day period I have 6-7 days of spotting. And my cycle is all messed up."

mayziebella (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2016

"I took this birth control for a week and began having uncontrollable mood swings. I drove myself and everyone around my crazy because I was acting so psychotic. I felt depressed and would randomly break down and cry. Stopped taking it immediately when friends and family started noticing I was not acting like my normal, cheerful self. DO NOT recommend."

mfright June 13, 2016

"Ive been on Tri Sprintec for about 6 months now. It has helped with my pmdd. I used to cry, get anxiety, and have suicidal thoughts around my period and those have completely gone away. I also never get cramps anymore. My period is lighter and always done by sunday when I start my new pack. My only complaint is I have gained 20 pounds but I also stopped breastfeeding at the same time I started so I dont know which is the cause."

Andi329 June 10, 2016

"I have had absolutely no problems with Tri-Sprintec. I don't have any side effects at all. No weight gain, no mood swings, no depression, no anxiety, no nausea, same sex drive. (No increase in breast size either - I WISH I had that side effect!) I feel exactly the same taking this as I did not taking any birth control. The only difference is my periods are lighter and shorter, and my cramps are no longer severe. By the way, I was really scared to take this because of the negative reviews I read! But before you decide this is a bad pill, give it a try. Every woman's body is different and your experience will just depend on your body!"

Lily_S June 7, 2016

"I have been on this medication for over 9 years and it works great for me. My periods are way lighter and the pain is much more manageable. It causes no mood swings or weight gain for me. Overall, works great and is very affordable; my insurance covers all of it, but even without insurance it's only $9/month."

JC6814 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2016

"I was originally put on OrthoTricyclin Lo for my acne, but I couldn't afford it so I was switched to trisprintec. Like I said, I was originally put on this for acne, but then my boyfriend and I started having sex so I was using it for it's BC effects too. It has worked WONDERS. My acne has cleared up, I'm not pregnant (you need to take it regularly though! don't forget!), no mood swings, and my periods are shorter and lighter. However, I didn't experience the GOOD side effects till after 3 months in! I was moody, bloated, and nauseous, but my body needed to get used to it. I encourage you to try and stick it out for a bit if you just started and are feeling that way. keep up with it and maybe you'll like it too!"

Emu Lover (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

"Please, listen to you doctor and do not read reviews. I was scared to death when I was reading all these horrible reviews. I've been on this pill for a month now and it's been wonderful. Not moody, I feel it has actually made me more relax and layed back. No bloating. Have not gained weight. Take it correctly and take it at the exact time and everyday."

Clauuuu (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

"I had been taking ortho tri cyclen lo but had to switch to this generic tri lo sprintec. I started it on vacation with my fiancé in Hawaii and it made me SO moody, irritable, angry, and crazy! Not much can ruin a vaca in Hawaii, but it definitely caused me to start a lot of fights with my s/o. Seriously, these side effects are so real. I'm sure it affects everyone differently, but I'm switching right away. That's the first thing my fiancé said to me too- caused me to not act my normal self, cry about everything and make everything a difficult situation. Such a terrible experience. No babies though.."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control and I can tell you that it is working for me. I used to take another birth control that made me always moody and depressed. But with this birth control I have been the same (actually even more relaxed). I was surprised when I saw so many people talking about the side effects because I've got almost none so far. Sometimes a little headache but that is it. My skin has been getting better and my boobs are also getting a little bigger so that's a plus. My weight has not changed but I am also very active. I hope this helps people to understand that any pill you take, will have a different effect on each individual."

Hiiiiii May 1, 2016

"worst birth controL. BADDD MOOD SWINGS! ive been taking for about a year and ive noticed all i do is cry over dumb shit. I am starting to have really bad anxiety and i quit i didnt even finish the whole back. everytime near my period i get angry . dont take this. please."

eriiuiaiaiia April 28, 2016

"Well I not pregnant but this pill has killed my sex drive. I had no prior problems with being "turned on" now there's nothing and sex is just painful now. Also pretty sure it's the reason I've been having constant yeast infections for months now."

Scissor (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

"I went on this medication because I needed to regulate my periods. I've been on it since January and everyone can tell in depressed. I used to be outgoing and talkative but now my boyfriend can just ask me a simple question and I'll break down and cry."

RyneSkye (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

"I have been on tri sprintec for almost 3 years now. It was pretty bad for months after starting this pill. I had mood swings, I had moments were I felt depressed. I changed for a few months to the patch and depo, I liked the patch which I lost weight on, but I constantly worried it would fall off and the adhesive gave me a rash. Depo made me way to emotion and hungry. I gained weight on the pill but I'm not sure if it was because of the pill or because I started college. I have lost some of the weight since. I love that my periods are predictable and regular as well as short. I still get a few cramps and acne, but that only happens the day before my period. I no longer feel depressed or have crazy mood swings."

KGA2016 April 18, 2016

"It's first time taking birth control, so I wasn't completely sure what to expect. I've been taking it for two weeks now and it has made me extremely emotional, nauseous every morning (I take the pill at night), I have no appetite, my boobs are very sore, and I've had spotting after my period for about a week now. I'd say the worst side effect is my emotional state. I went from being a completely optimistic and happy person to feeling depressed and off balance every day. I've cried almost every single day and for no reason. I hate this feeling. I don't feel like myself at all. I'm going to continue with the first three months (unless the effects worsen) only because I already paid for it, but I'll be talking to my dr about switching."

Senoritaaaa April 10, 2016

"Has worked wonderfully for me! Take it religiously."

Fgyvyvyvuvuvuvyvy- April 5, 2016