User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 270 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"This is the first and only birth control pill I have ever been on. I have been on it for 4 years. I have no issues with it. The first three months I had the usual side effects while my body became accustomed to it. Now I am fine. My periods are the same flow but shorter. I used to be 7 days now I am 5. I always know when I get my period. 4 days into the white pill I get it. Once in a while I get sore breasts but other then that no real side effects. I get some cramps before and during my period. I like that it’s only 9 dollars in Walmart without insurance. I don’t have any mood swings or any other crazy side effects. Overall I do recommend for people who wanna be on birth control with periods. Makes you feel normal. It has worked flawlessly for me and I have a lot of sex with my boyfriend. I take it regularly although I’ve had days I forgot to take a pill so when I remembered I took it. Overall I would recommend."

Blonde blue eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2018

"This is the worst medication I have ever taken. I have bled for 3 months straight, have been nauseous EVERY SINGLE DAY, have had the worst mood swings that it almost split up my and my fiancé, and to beat it all I haven’t had a sex drive because I can't have sex because Of bleeding for 3 months!!! Literally have went through about 5 boxes of tampons (the big kind too). Don’t try it. It’s not worth the complete hell."

Kat Cop January 21, 2018

"This birth control so far has done me well, my symptoms are tender breasts and fatigue. I do work out so I’m not sure about the weight gain but I haven’t had mood swings or crazy acne like other reviews say. Every woman is different so they will react different to it. But so far this birth control is doing me good."

Lila winnie January 8, 2018

"This pill didn't agree with me (under statement of the year!!!!!!). I tried to stick through it the first month when I bled non stop because I thought my body would get used to it. I also got HORRIBLE acne within the first 6 days. I've never had cystic acne in my life and I now have huge cyst like pimples on my face. I'm at the end of my third pack and I refuse to let it scar up my face anymore."

yoriah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

"This birth control has lightened and regulated my periods. My sex drive is normal. However I do experience a lot of discharge. I would recommend this birth control to younger women."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2017

"I've been using Tri Sprintec for almost a year. I'm not sexually active, but was prescribed it for month-long PMS, spotting and irregular periods. By irregular I mean 27 days one month, 30 days the next month, 25 the next, and so on. I have 28 days all the time now, occasionally 27. PMS is much better, skin cleared, and I'm much more emotionally stable! I do notice PMS in the last week, but that's to be expected as there's no hormones that week. The other thing I have noticed is that it does dry out my skin, eyes, scalp and vaginal area. I believe that's due to the same stuff that keeps your skin clear. I did notice a bit of nausea in the beginning, but that should go away. It helps to take it at night. All in all, great pill!"

K.H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 24, 2017

"I have been off Tri-Sprintec for two weeks now and I feel like myself again. I was extremely moody towards my husband for the last 9 months. I just feel happier. The pill was effective though because I didn't get pregnant. I also didn't have any weight gain and my skin was fine. Just be aware that you can become very emotional and irritable after taking this pill. I'll be looking for another contraceptive that doesn't do that to my body."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2017

"I’ve been on this pill for about 2 years, it raised by blood pressure, I gained about 20 pounds and my acne got slightly worse. I don’t know why it took me so long to get off of it but I’m so happy I did."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

"Do not use this birth control. I was on yaz for a year and it did a great job at keeping facial hair and acne at bay for my PCOS. I had no negative side effects except for breakthrough bleeding which after dealing with this Tri Sprintec, doesn’t even compare. The first two days I felt fine. After that, forget it. I started to get extremely bloated, gassy, nausea, and heartburn. It would come for a couple hours each day. Now, 5 days later everything is constant and won’t go away I feel absolutely horrible. I went to the ER last night thinking I had a bowel obstruction but now thinking, it has to be the birth control. Can’t wait until this horrible pill gets out of my system."

abbyc904 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

"I went on this medicine for birth control. When I first started it I only got pimples the week of my period, I had really bad cramps(to the point I threw up every month), and I was really fit. Fast forward 6 months- my face breaks out all the time and is never clear (no matter how much I wash it), the cramps got better, and I gained 10 lbs all in my mid area. This medicine did make my boobs become fuller and my period was on time every month. This medicine also made me VERY moody and I cried over the smallest things almost every day. The weight gain + countless emotional breakdowns/anxiety attacks were way too overwhelming for me so I just switched to a different BC!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2017

"I have been on this BC for 3 weeks and the first week was fine I didn't notice changes. The 2 week I noticed a pimple on my nose and that was strange because I haven't had any pimples since a teenager. The 3rd week I began to feel very tired nausea and having migraines all the time even in my sleep. My stomach hurt a lot and I find myself being hungry in my sleep. This bc only helped with increasing my sex drive for the first 2 weeks. After that I'm just always sick as if I'm pregnant but I've tested and I am not. The only reason why I was prescribed this bc was because of back pains and lower abdominal pains and now that I know that the pain that I'm having with my back and stomach is because I have an herniated disc."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

"My daughter was a high school XC & Track athlete. She was a class champion in both XC & Track & was recruited to run on college. My daughter was prescribed this pill in February 2017 for acne & to help control her period. At. First it was ok. The acne cleared up & her period was less severe. She had an amazing Indoor track season qualifying for National competition. Then In April she began to experience muscle fatigue & weight gain. Also mood swings. Her race times dropped drastically! We went to the DR ran blood test etc. Everything came back fine. I started to look at the side effects of this pill and began to look into the effect of the pill on female athletes. Not good! Athletes do not take Tri-Sprintec!!!!!!!"

Laroman October 14, 2017

"Took this pill for 3 months now, it was effective for regulating my irregular cycle and did a good job on clearing up any skin acne . However it took me several months to figure out why I was suffering from insomnia . I when taking this pill I had feelings of anxiety and such horrible insomnia I would wake up at night an hour into sleeping and just never go back to sleep. My heart would pound, I was sweating, it wasn't until I started marking on my calendar what days I had insomnia and saw a distinct pattern and realized it must be my birth control pill. I saw my doctor who let me know that what I was experiencing is called anxiety attacks. I've never had anxiety didn't even know what an anxiety attack was but this side effect is debilitating"

Abee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

"Oh my goodness..never in my life have I felt so miserable from a birth control pill. The side effects were so extreme they made everyday tasks almost unmanageable. The nausea, fatigue, and dizziness every single day really took a toll on me physically and emotionally. I would even get a tingling sensation in my hand and my legs would feel extremely heavy which caused major anxiety. I didn’t continue this pill any longer. I was so scared of what it may have caused next. Mini pill here I come..."

kileym (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

"I started Tri Sprintec 2 weeks ago after being off of BC for several (7) years. I was very nervous to start again because I had so many negative experiences in the past with the pill which ultimately led me to quit BC altogether. After 2 weeks into Tri Sprintec, I have had very mild side effects from this medication. A little nausea in the evening the first few days, some lightheaded ness, and I do notice my heart rate has increased (I am usually operating on low blood pressure anyway so its easy to notice). So far I cannot complain about this pill and it has given me no reason to consider switching at this point. Keep in mind people are more driven to write a negative review so take it as prescribed and see for yourself."

Puggbugg (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

"I've been on this pill for just over 3 months & I am having the WORST side effects. My hair has been falling out constantly, my mood swings are absolutely insane, I have no sex drive, my anxiety has been through the roof, & I feel very depressed (I also feel very bad for my husband trying to deal with me like this) I finally just had to stop taking it!"

lrnhrsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2017

"Was on this for so long and once getting off of it, I had a hard time getting pregnant"

HeatherAC August 26, 2017

"Seems like it's working as birth control. My skin looks very good on it, kind of velvety and with 50% less break outs. I've gotten comments about how good I look, and even my body seems to have a more feminine shape to it, larger breasts, smaller stomach, it must have gotten rid of all my free testosterone. But I also got extremely dehydrated on this medication, so be sure you hydrate and replace all your electrolytes. I also had a period that lasted 12 days, which was super annoying. So my advice, when taking this is to be extra careful with your daily routine, sleep routine, food, drinking, exercise. Really stick to your routine and if something is off, see your doctor."

AnnieBanana (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2017

"I started this medication when I was 15 because I had extremely painful, irregular, and stressful periods. I never knew when it would start or end, and I almost always had to miss at least one day of school per period. It sucked. When I started this medication, I did notice some spotting for the first month of use. I then had my period and I never spotted again! It's been three years since I started this medication, and I've only gained 5 pounds in that time, so I'm assuming it's unrelated to the medication. I have not noticed any cravings, mood changes, or acne while on this medication."

Nana Nana (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2017

"I have been on sprintec since I was 16 and am now 18. Originally when I started taking tri sprintec I noticed myself being hungry and eating a lot of food in the middle of the night. I've always been super thin and I still am because it only made me gain weight during the first six months of taking it then I worked out and burned it all off! I no longer gain weight and I've had severe acne all my life since I was in elementary school and now I don't have a single pimple on my body!!!! I take it every morning consistently and it's been working great for me! I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend of a few years and it has protected me from getting pregnant. I highly recommend tri sprintec b/c symptoms during the first few months are normal."

Kelsey00195 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2017

"I have had irregular periods for a long time I was on Ortho Lo but due to insurance I had to take Tri Sprintec. I read a lot of the reviews and I was so scared to even give in to taking them but I was bleeding off and on for 5 months so I felt as of I had no choice. I never got sick I felt a little light headed no sore breasts or anything my stomach did feel a little weird but like most meds you should eat at least an hour before taking it. My the time I reached my white pills I started my period it was awful but that due to the fact I didn't really have a period in months I could barely work I changed a super plus tampon every hour after that day it was manageable. So far so good though."

A1Jw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

"I have been on this birth control for the past week and 2 days and I have never in my life experienced depression being on this birth control has made me severely depressed.Very sad cried for 2 days and didn't know why I am 20 and haven't been on bc for like 5 years decided to take this to help with heavy periods .. also I've been throwing up in the morning my boobs are tender and my face is breaking out I'm going to say DEPRESSED one more time being it is seriously messing with who I am .. I would not recommend"

Jazminnichole July 11, 2017

"Been on it for about 5 years now. Cleared my acne that I had on my face, chest, and back. Still have small breakouts here and there but nothing compared to before I was on it. I have gained a small amount of weight but not bad weight, I love it! Lol I have unprotected sex with my husband that I've been with for 6 years and haven't gotten pregnant lol"

521nma (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2017

"Tri sprintec makes me sick every single day, like throwing up constantly unless I eat a lot. That is the downside. Upside: It cleared my acne like in 2 days and helped me lose weight, overall a good medicine for acne, maybe not for a birth control?"

kaylee balear (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

"Since starting it has helped a lot with my periods. Haven't noticed any changes in acne, unless I'm not paying too much attention. Overall I feel it's a good birth control and it's effective, but I've only been on it for 3 months and when I started this pill I weighed 145lbs and am now weighting about 160... with that being said I'm not happy with my body or myself because I was wondering where this random weight gain came from and then it occurred to me that I started a new birth control. If you are sensitive and have low self esteem like me, consider that this might make you gain weight before taking."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017