User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 264 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Was on this for so long and once getting off of it, I had a hard time getting pregnant"

HeatherAC August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seems like it's working as birth control. My skin looks very good on it, kind of velvety and with 50% less break outs. I've gotten comments about how good I look, and even my body seems to have a more feminine shape to it, larger breasts, smaller stomach, it must have gotten rid of all my free testosterone. But I also got extremely dehydrated on this medication, so be sure you hydrate and replace all your electrolytes. I also had a period that lasted 12 days, which was super annoying. So my advice, when taking this is to be extra careful with your daily routine, sleep routine, food, drinking, exercise. Really stick to your routine and if something is off, see your doctor."

AnnieBanana (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this medication when I was 15 because I had extremely painful, irregular, and stressful periods. I never knew when it would start or end, and I almost always had to miss at least one day of school per period. It sucked. When I started this medication, I did notice some spotting for the first month of use. I then had my period and I never spotted again! It's been three years since I started this medication, and I've only gained 5 pounds in that time, so I'm assuming it's unrelated to the medication. I have not noticed any cravings, mood changes, or acne while on this medication."

Nana Nana (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on sprintec since I was 16 and am now 18. Originally when I started taking tri sprintec I noticed myself being hungry and eating a lot of food in the middle of the night. I've always been super thin and I still am because it only made me gain weight during the first six months of taking it then I worked out and burned it all off! I no longer gain weight and I've had severe acne all my life since I was in elementary school and now I don't have a single pimple on my body!!!! I take it every morning consistently and it's been working great for me! I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend of a few years and it has protected me from getting pregnant. I highly recommend tri sprintec b/c symptoms during the first few months are normal."

Kelsey00195 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had irregular periods for a long time I was on Ortho Lo but due to insurance I had to take Tri Sprintec. I read a lot of the reviews and I was so scared to even give in to taking them but I was bleeding off and on for 5 months so I felt as of I had no choice. I never got sick I felt a little light headed no sore breasts or anything my stomach did feel a little weird but like most meds you should eat at least an hour before taking it. My the time I reached my white pills I started my period it was awful but that due to the fact I didn't really have a period in months I could barely work I changed a super plus tampon every hour after that day it was manageable. So far so good though."

A1Jw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this birth control for the past week and 2 days and I have never in my life experienced depression being on this birth control has made me severely depressed.Very sad cried for 2 days and didn't know why I am 20 and haven't been on bc for like 5 years decided to take this to help with heavy periods .. also I've been throwing up in the morning my boobs are tender and my face is breaking out I'm going to say DEPRESSED one more time being it is seriously messing with who I am .. I would not recommend"

Jazminnichole July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on it for about 5 years now. Cleared my acne that I had on my face, chest, and back. Still have small breakouts here and there but nothing compared to before I was on it. I have gained a small amount of weight but not bad weight, I love it! Lol I have unprotected sex with my husband that I've been with for 6 years and haven't gotten pregnant lol"

521nma (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tri sprintec makes me sick every single day, like throwing up constantly unless I eat a lot. That is the downside. Upside: It cleared my acne like in 2 days and helped me lose weight, overall a good medicine for acne, maybe not for a birth control?"

kaylee balear (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Since starting it has helped a lot with my periods. Haven't noticed any changes in acne, unless I'm not paying too much attention. Overall I feel it's a good birth control and it's effective, but I've only been on it for 3 months and when I started this pill I weighed 145lbs and am now weighting about 160... with that being said I'm not happy with my body or myself because I was wondering where this random weight gain came from and then it occurred to me that I started a new birth control. If you are sensitive and have low self esteem like me, consider that this might make you gain weight before taking."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been on tri-sprintec for a month and I'm already having severe side effects. Nausea, headaches, acne worse than I've ever had in my life, and the worst, severe anxiety and depression. The second week I experienced suicidal intrusive thoughts that caused me to go into panic attacks. The only upside for me was that it helped my heavy flow and shortened my period from 6 or 7 days to 4 days. I would much rather live with a long, heavy period than what I went through for a week straight."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this BC for 5 years now and I think it works well. My periods are lighter, my acne has cleared up and it has prevented pregnancy. The only downside to this medication is that you will most likely gain a few lbs."

KitKat_ June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Tri-Sprintec for two months. I took this medication to help with my extremely painful periods. I used to have debilitating periods every month but since taking this medication, I've had very little or no pain during my period. I didn't even need to use Ibuprofen. I have not gained weight on this pill. I have acne and the pill didn't reduce it so that sucks. My main side effect of this pill is fatigue. I've had a ton of fatigue since taking this but I feel like it's been getting better. My breasts before taking this pill was 36C, I feel like my breasts have grown 2 sizes up which is unfortunate for me. It's normal to feel nauseous when starting this pill. I take this pill after I eat dinner so I feel that it helps with that"

DimkaBear June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this birth control for 3 months and for me I only get pimples during the period week, I have gained weight but only 8lbs through out the whole 3 months, and I have a very high sex drive during the second week. The week before my period I am doing good, but the last 2 days I get mood swings and craving of food. Personally I don't get headache, cramps, or pain. Also I have a light flow now, I use to have to have a VERY heavy flow."

Anonymous May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill for less than two months and my face is now covered in horrible cystic acne and scars. New breakouts every single day. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Horrible breakout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this medication for 4 months and it has been awful. I originally got on it for my horrible stomach cramps and my irregular period. I will say that it has regulated my period and even made it light which has been great. But I have been sick almost daily. I have gained a bit of weight since I started taking it 4 months ago. I have awful headaches every day as well as stomach cramps. I would not recommend this medication at all!!!!!!!"

KaylaS1 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started sprintec two days ago & I hate it! I've been vomiting every since I started taking the pill."

ShantelDenise (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking tri-sprintec for about 5 years. It stared when I was 15, and the first few months my face had acne absolutely everywhere; the acne lasted about 3 months. Some of the side effects did occur to me such as anxiety, mood swings.. but the most important fact is that I have not gotten pregnant, and the pill is easily affordable.. so that's why I keep using it."

tina* (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking them to prevent pregnancy the first few days it was OK but I did get a big pimple but other than that my skin seems to be clearing up but I will say I noticed I'm gaining weight already"

Queeniezz April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on this bc to prevent pregnancy. I guess I should preface this review by saying I was off hormonal bc for almost 4 years, so my reaction could have been, in part, due to that fact. I was only able to take this bc for 4 days. The first thing I noticed was the nausea, and the ill feeling I had throughout the whole day. I couldn't eat, my appetite decreased a lot. It made my anxiety 3x worse, and it also made me depressed to the point where it was getting crippling, and I couldn't go through the day without feeling like I needed to cry, at the most random times. I read some people saying they had a feeling of dread while taking this bc. I had that too. I had the worst insomnia I've had in my life. worst bc I've ever taken!"

Juliannnna April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cleared my acne super well and made my period regulated, but I've gained 20 pounds in the past 8 months using it. my metabolism has slowed down, and my whole self confidence is just gone because of my weight gain."

addy_40650980124134567 April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started on trinessa 7 years ago, I had no problems whatsoever! It actually worked very well! Because of changing insurance companies I had to change pharmacies and I could only receive trisprintec. The pharmacist said it was the same thing..although it was a pill 3x bigger. I don't believe it was the same dosage. Anyways when I first took the pill I noticed from the first day I was nauseous. I ended up quitting my birth control cold turkey on the 6th day of the pack because I couldn't stand the nausea, headaches, and hot flashes. Since I'm planning on starting a family here in a few months I am just going to stay away from this birth control method. I would not recommend this medication..although everyone is different. Just not for me."

ADenise April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm going to give this a 6 on the review scale. This is because I am only on my third day. So far I have had a CRAZY HIGH sex drive. I have had a couple of pimples pop up but not as bad as the reviews I've seen. There's also been some minor cramping but I just got off of my period before starting so that could be it. I will do another review after a month of being on this pill. But so far so good"

Nicky596 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017