User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 438 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

"This bc nearly killed me. I had Terrible migraines once I started this Rx, ultimately was helicoptered to the nearest big city hospital and suffered a hemiplegic migraine, with stroke like symptoms.This bc is poison. I gave this a 1 rating because 0 was not an option. If you are taking tri sprintec, STOP. You don't even know the damage this is causing you, blood clots, strokes. Stop taking this bc now!!"

IzzyAl March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Tri Sprintec for 8 months. I started taking it because my previous birth control, Aubra (aka Lutera, Alesse, many more), gave me cystic acne and oily skin for the first time in my life. Tri Sprintec has not helped me. I thought it would definitely get rid of the oily skin (it made it worse) and at least the small pimples (it gave me MORE all over my forehead). I have 5 more days of Tri Sprintec left and after that, I'm going to try to go off birth control altogether. I never had acne before I went on BC so we will see what happens. I also read that generic OTC makes acne worse, so maybe consider paying extra for brand name OTC if acne is your main concern. Good luck!"

kellysokola March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 18 and have had pretty awful acne since I was 12. My doctor prescribed Tri-Sprintec mainly for the acne, but also for period regulation and birth control. In the 2 weeks I've been taking it, I haven't experienced any of the mood swings or breast tenderness/growth that others have. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm home from college and so eating poorly and not exercising, so I can't really blame that on the birth control. My acne has gotten 10 times worse since starting, with lots of breakouts on my forehead, chin, and around my mouth which used to be completely clear. As frustrating as it is, I'll stick with it for a few months and hope that my body adjusts and the acne clears up!"

Still Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible pill. It was recommended to me FOR my acne and made it worse. Also, be ready to cry ALL THE TIME for no reason at all."

Anonymous January 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have cystic acne which isn't awful but this pill made it a lot worse. I tried a lot of different acne products and treatments and none worked so I've tried 2 birth control pills to help, this being my second try. I followed my doctors advice to give it at least 6 months and it has only made my acne worse. It is redder, more painful, and a lot deeper than before, and it has spread all over my face and become splotchy. I also get a lot of fevers and awful cramps all throughout the month. I also use birth control pills to stop my periods. The first day I went on it I got my period (it was awful and lasted 14 days). Now I keep getting them so it's not working. Don't let my experience sway you too much but unfortunately it just dosen't work."

Snowpaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 22, I have very sensitive skin and stomach. I started this pill in September and it's now mid-December. The first month I had nausea, the second month I had various digestive issues (slightly worse than usual), and now in the 3rd full month, I am having breakouts. The nausea and the stomach issues have cleared up so I'm holding out for the acne to clear up. Meanwhile, my breasts have grown two inches! The side effects aren't so bad and the acne I have now isn't much worse than what I had before. Some people say they've experienced mood swings, depression, or change in sex drive but I haven't noticed that at all."

Mehry December 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"AM I ABOUT TO TELL YOU ALL A STORY. IT ENDS AWFULY. SO I was on this pill for 5 years. My face was fine, no acne, no issues. No birth control issues. i got on the pill because of my doctor, he told me to have this because my period was not regular and I had had it for years, so he figured this would help. I finished that treatment, and upon turning 20 I stopped taking it. No biggie right? YEAH. HUGE BIGGIE. Within 4-6 months, I didnt get my period at all. Ok thats fine, many times thats normal. MY FACE. MY POOR FACE. MY FACE EXPLODED INTO CYSTIC ACNE. I wanna say that I had been treated by my dermatologist to not have acne as I had bad acne when I was a teenager. I had to go back to him because my acne went from normal to cystic severe."

This poor acne ridden soul November 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER. After 3-4 months on this medication, I developed severe nausea, vomiting, mood swings, bad anxiety and depression. Every day I would wake up with the worst stomach cramps and was constantly constipated. Also felt so exhausted every day. I quit shortly after the symptoms came up and its been 3 months since I quit and I'm still struggling and not myself. Please do not take this. The only positives were it cleared up my face slightly and my breasts became bigger."

Sad and sick November 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Please!!! just walk away from this pill, my breast are so tender I can't touch them, I stay nauseous and light headed and I've had my period now for 2 weeks. And I've only take them for 2 weeks. I stopped taking them I'm no longer nauseous and light headed but my period is still going strong. My breast are getting better, to many side effects for me. Oh yea and they make you eat A LOT!!!"

Rhonda2016 October 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL...After 7 days I lost kidney function and could not urinate after drinking 32 oz of water the night before. Had blood in the urine 3 weeks after I stopped taking this poison. My skin looked fabulous after the 1st day but if I'm dead, having clear skin won't matter."

UnHappyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Originally I was prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen but due to insurance issues I was given Tri Sprintec. I know you're supposed to give things usually 2-3 months to work but let me tell you this pill has worked miracles! The first 3 weeks were terrible. I was breaking out even worse than I already was. I mean, I was getting acne right above my eyelids, underneath my eye, & just about everywhere else on my face. I was so nauseous for a couple days that I almost had to skip a wedding. But I am SO glad I stuck to this. My face has been the clearest it's been in a year. I'm still battling 1-2 zits but that's nothing compared to what it was. I am left with A LOT of dark spots but a few hydrafacial treatments should help with that."

Nicoleee! October 16, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This birth control is the second brand i used and i love it in comparison to the other one (aubra) i used! aubra made my acne worse and gave me horrible mood swings. I honestly thought i was becoming another person. Switching to tri sprintec was a decision i do not regret. This medicine works like a charm! Cleared up ance, lessened my pms, and so far no mood swings! Gained no weight but make sure to exercise a normal amount a week and watch your diet while on this pill!"

rm123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking tri-sprintec for 6 or 7 months. I started it with hopes of it getting rid of my moderate acne. I rarely got cystic acne, but my face ALWAYS had zits and I would break out around my period and even worse when I was stressed. Now I still have acne, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was before; I also don't notice much of a change in my skin when I get stressed. So it didn't exactly work how I hoped it would, but it IS helping some. The first month that I started tri-sprintec was pretty awful. I was nauseous for four weeks straight- from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. I've gained a little bit (5lbs) of weight and noticed that my breasts have grown (or are always swollen)."

glubbbbb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec because I developed horrible acne all over my face. Now, almost 2 years later, skin has improved dramatically. I don't get hormonal acne anymore around my mouth and on my chin. However, I STILL get acne, much less, but I still constantly have at least a few on my face. And if I stop using my acne cream, I break out all over. So, birth control helps, but it isn't the cure for my acne. But, the side effects are so horrible, that I've decided to quit. The side effects I am POSITIVE are from Tri-sprintec (through a process of elimination) include constant postnasal drip (phlegm, clearing throat, stuffy nose, plugged and popping ears), really bad sore throat, nausea (even a year later), stomach aches, and dry throat"

krokuuu July 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had cystic acne since the beginning of college. I've been on Orthotricyclen Lo, Tri-Previfem (generic orthotricyclen), Beyaz, and now I'm currently on Tri-Sprintec. The orthotricyclen LO helped a little with my acne, but I still had a lot of breakouts. I was on it for around a year. I then switched to tri-previfem, which worked great for me (no side effects whatsoever) It helped regulate my period really well too. I was on it for around 2 and a half years and my acne started coming back. A different doctor switched me over to Beyaz since she said my body was used to the Tri-Previfem. I was on Beyaz for 7 months, but noticed many problems such as weight gain (I gained 8 lbs) and moodiness. I switched to Tri-Sprintec and works great."

kvo July 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"HORRIBLE!! I swear this ruined my relationship because it made me so crazy. The depression I experienced on this pill was unreal. I normally break out a little bit here and there on my cheeks and this pill made my skin absolutely AWFUL! my once totally clear and smooth forehead was covered in blackheads and cystic pimples. It also gave me cystic acne around my mouth and chin and some big red pustules on my cheeks. This pill literally ruined my life."

sashalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this medication for 6 months already and my skin is worse than before taking it. I'm have suffered from acne for 17 years, but I had not had any breakouts on my forehead for a long time until I got on this pill. I won't even talk about my chin because it's terrible. I really feel frustrated because I have spent thousands of dollars trying to find a solution for my chronic acne and I have not been successful. I've tried antibiotics, ointments, scrubs, etc... my last resource was this pill and it didn't work."

Sonia3039 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this pill for 12 months, and I hate it. For the first 6 months I was super moody...I'm actually convinced it ruined my last relationship bc it made me nuts. But sadly I stayed on it because I was desperate for clear skin, and it pretty much gave me that. HOWEVER, beginning seven months, my poor face started to suffer. It's only gotten worse....the only reason now that I've stayed on it is because it's really regulated my period. But my skin is dead...cysts on my forehead (I've never broken out on my forehead), cysts all over my cheeks...jawline...occasionally nose and chin. It's really sad and takes an unfortunate emotional toll. I'm stopping tonight and won't go back on this pill again. Try Velivet, I've heard great things."

Acne Sucks (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my second brand I've tried using this form of birth control. Ever since a month or two after I began this, I've severely been breaking out all over my face especially on the jaw line, the chin and forehead. I have struggled with mild acne before this just a few spots here and there, but it has caused me to break out everywhere now and it is extremely bad. I have tried countless things to try and help this from everything over the counter and even prescriptions, topical and oral. I have tried EVERYTHING and it will not go away. It has lengthened my periods from three days to now six and made then heavier and I never use to have cramps now I do. I've experienced fatigue and depression from this. Too many negative side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this birth control in September when my acne started to become uncontrollable. It has helped immensely with my hormonal skin issues. However, I started breaking out along my cheeks where I had never previously broken out before. I realized this area was related to stomach issues and read that birth control can kill the good bacteria in the stomach lining. If you're experiencing break outs along your cheeks I highly recommend taking a probiotic daily in conjunction with your birth control! It has helped immensely!! My skin is looking so much better! However, each month I seem to get really depressed right before the week of the placebo pills and am hoping this side effect subsides!! Just be very wary of this!!"

Shelbyyy January 18, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I told my doctor about how previous birth controls had made me break out, she prescribed this medicine. "It'll clear your face up", she said. Nope. Nah ah. I have taken this medication for over 2 months and it has made my acne WORSE. WAY worse. Painful cystic acne worse. All over. I haven't had acne this bad since high school. It has also made my period very heavy and blood clot-filled, which last for 7 days. Also MOODSWINGS. Horrible mood swings. The only positive is that I haven't gotten pregnant. But is it worth it when you're left feeling horribly self-conscious and depressed???"

AlexAndStuff January 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"PLEASE READ THIS: Tri-Sprintec will cause an initial breakout for the first 3-4 months. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! After this period, your skin will clear up like magic! I'm 20 years old and have been on tri-sprintec on/off since I was 18. I've had severe acne since I was about 12/13 years old and have seen multiple dermatologists since then. Nothing worked until I went to my gyno to get on birth control and she recommended tri-sprintec bc it helped with acne. At first, I felt mild nausea and severe depression/mood swings/etc. but as time passed this went away. Each time I got back on the medication, I would have a terrible break out period but it's completely worth it. This is a great pill and I've never had problems w it."

Evie Eden (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I liked this bc quite a bit. I was on it for five years. It did make me nauseous if I didn't eat anything beforehand, but that is easily avoidable. It helped with my acne some but not a lot which is why my doc switched me. I didn't experience any weight gain or loss. I also didn't notice any difference in sex drive or cramps increase. Lastly, I didn't get pregnant on it, and that's the most important thing to me. I think if it weren't a hassle for me to switch back, I would since gildess isn't helping the acne either."

Lexington5652 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm almost finished with my second month on trisprintec. First of all I'd like to say that you cannot judge this drug by the way it works for you in two weeks. You need to take it for at least 3 months in order for your body to adjust to it. (Obviously if the side effects are too much to bear, stop taking it) Although it did clear up my acne in the first month. The only negative side effect I've had is a little cramping and headaches throughout the month. I've also heard that the name brand is better, so I'm thinking about trying that for a while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015