User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

"This birth control is the second brand i used and i love it in comparison to the other one (aubra) i used! aubra made my acne worse and gave me horrible mood swings. I honestly thought i was becoming another person. Switching to tri sprintec was a decision i do not regret. This medicine works like a charm! Cleared up ance, lessened my pms, and so far no mood swings! Gained no weight but make sure to exercise a normal amount a week and watch your diet while on this pill!"

rm123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

"I've been taking tri-sprintec for 6 or 7 months. I started it with hopes of it getting rid of my moderate acne. I rarely got cystic acne, but my face ALWAYS had zits and I would break out around my period and even worse when I was stressed. Now I still have acne, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was before; I also don't notice much of a change in my skin when I get stressed. So it didn't exactly work how I hoped it would, but it IS helping some. The first month that I started tri-sprintec was pretty awful. I was nauseous for four weeks straight- from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. I've gained a little bit (5lbs) of weight and noticed that my breasts have grown (or are always swollen)."

glubbbbb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec because I developed horrible acne all over my face. Now, almost 2 years later, skin has improved dramatically. I don't get hormonal acne anymore around my mouth and on my chin. However, I STILL get acne, much less, but I still constantly have at least a few on my face. And if I stop using my acne cream, I break out all over. So, birth control helps, but it isn't the cure for my acne. But, the side effects are so horrible, that I've decided to quit. The side effects I am POSITIVE are from Tri-sprintec (through a process of elimination) include constant postnasal drip (phlegm, clearing throat, stuffy nose, plugged and popping ears), really bad sore throat, nausea (even a year later), stomach aches, and dry throat"

krokuuu July 19, 2016

"I've had cystic acne since the beginning of college. I've been on Orthotricyclen Lo, Tri-Previfem (generic orthotricyclen), Beyaz, and now I'm currently on Tri-Sprintec. The orthotricyclen LO helped a little with my acne, but I still had a lot of breakouts. I was on it for around a year. I then switched to tri-previfem, which worked great for me (no side effects whatsoever) It helped regulate my period really well too. I was on it for around 2 and a half years and my acne started coming back. A different doctor switched me over to Beyaz since she said my body was used to the Tri-Previfem. I was on Beyaz for 7 months, but noticed many problems such as weight gain (I gained 8 lbs) and moodiness. I switched to Tri-Sprintec and works great."

kvo July 15, 2016

"HORRIBLE!! I swear this ruined my relationship because it made me so crazy. The depression I experienced on this pill was unreal. I normally break out a little bit here and there on my cheeks and this pill made my skin absolutely AWFUL! my once totally clear and smooth forehead was covered in blackheads and cystic pimples. It also gave me cystic acne around my mouth and chin and some big red pustules on my cheeks. This pill literally ruined my life."

sashalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

"I've been on this medication for 6 months already and my skin is worse than before taking it. I'm have suffered from acne for 17 years, but I had not had any breakouts on my forehead for a long time until I got on this pill. I won't even talk about my chin because it's terrible. I really feel frustrated because I have spent thousands of dollars trying to find a solution for my chronic acne and I have not been successful. I've tried antibiotics, ointments, scrubs, etc... my last resource was this pill and it didn't work."

Sonia3039 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

"I've been on this pill for 12 months, and I hate it. For the first 6 months I was super moody...I'm actually convinced it ruined my last relationship bc it made me nuts. But sadly I stayed on it because I was desperate for clear skin, and it pretty much gave me that. HOWEVER, beginning seven months, my poor face started to suffer. It's only gotten worse....the only reason now that I've stayed on it is because it's really regulated my period. But my skin is dead...cysts on my forehead (I've never broken out on my forehead), cysts all over my cheeks...jawline...occasionally nose and chin. It's really sad and takes an unfortunate emotional toll. I'm stopping tonight and won't go back on this pill again. Try Velivet, I've heard great things."

Acne Sucks (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2016

"This is my second brand I've tried using this form of birth control. Ever since a month or two after I began this, I've severely been breaking out all over my face especially on the jaw line, the chin and forehead. I have struggled with mild acne before this just a few spots here and there, but it has caused me to break out everywhere now and it is extremely bad. I have tried countless things to try and help this from everything over the counter and even prescriptions, topical and oral. I have tried EVERYTHING and it will not go away. It has lengthened my periods from three days to now six and made then heavier and I never use to have cramps now I do. I've experienced fatigue and depression from this. Too many negative side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

"I started taking this birth control in September when my acne started to become uncontrollable. It has helped immensely with my hormonal skin issues. However, I started breaking out along my cheeks where I had never previously broken out before. I realized this area was related to stomach issues and read that birth control can kill the good bacteria in the stomach lining. If you're experiencing break outs along your cheeks I highly recommend taking a probiotic daily in conjunction with your birth control! It has helped immensely!! My skin is looking so much better! However, each month I seem to get really depressed right before the week of the placebo pills and am hoping this side effect subsides!! Just be very wary of this!!"

Shelbyyy January 18, 2016

"When I told my doctor about how previous birth controls had made me break out, she prescribed this medicine. "It'll clear your face up", she said. Nope. Nah ah. I have taken this medication for over 2 months and it has made my acne WORSE. WAY worse. Painful cystic acne worse. All over. I haven't had acne this bad since high school. It has also made my period very heavy and blood clot-filled, which last for 7 days. Also MOODSWINGS. Horrible mood swings. The only positive is that I haven't gotten pregnant. But is it worth it when you're left feeling horribly self-conscious and depressed???"

AlexAndStuff January 16, 2016

"PLEASE READ THIS: Tri-Sprintec will cause an initial breakout for the first 3-4 months. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! After this period, your skin will clear up like magic! I'm 20 years old and have been on tri-sprintec on/off since I was 18. I've had severe acne since I was about 12/13 years old and have seen multiple dermatologists since then. Nothing worked until I went to my gyno to get on birth control and she recommended tri-sprintec bc it helped with acne. At first, I felt mild nausea and severe depression/mood swings/etc. but as time passed this went away. Each time I got back on the medication, I would have a terrible break out period but it's completely worth it. This is a great pill and I've never had problems w it."

Evie Eden (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

"I liked this bc quite a bit. I was on it for five years. It did make me nauseous if I didn't eat anything beforehand, but that is easily avoidable. It helped with my acne some but not a lot which is why my doc switched me. I didn't experience any weight gain or loss. I also didn't notice any difference in sex drive or cramps increase. Lastly, I didn't get pregnant on it, and that's the most important thing to me. I think if it weren't a hassle for me to switch back, I would since gildess isn't helping the acne either."

Lexington5652 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2015

"I'm almost finished with my second month on trisprintec. First of all I'd like to say that you cannot judge this drug by the way it works for you in two weeks. You need to take it for at least 3 months in order for your body to adjust to it. (Obviously if the side effects are too much to bear, stop taking it) Although it did clear up my acne in the first month. The only negative side effect I've had is a little cramping and headaches throughout the month. I've also heard that the name brand is better, so I'm thinking about trying that for a while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

"This is my first week on it and its seems to be starting to control my acne but I will randomly get sick to my stomach and want to throw up. I also seem to be getting that brown discharge everyone else seems to have written about. I would recommend taking it with food. other than that, it seems to be the best out of the many birth controls I have tried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

"I'm finishing up my first month on Spintec. So far here's what I've gotten out of it. I do not feel like it has made me gain weight at all, possibly even helped to loose some. Normal appetite and my mood seems stable (I'm kind of an emotional mess anyways so i'll just say its not worsened). My breasts have been soooo tender all month, like everyday. But the part that's bothering me most is breaking out- I read a lot of people were on this bc to control breakouts. I started taking it for hormonal balance and to prevent pregnancy. I rarely ever have noticeable acne on my face, but these last two week I've had horrible breakouts on my chin, forehead, and sides on face. I really hope its just the initial hormonal changes and it will clear up."

TMB7292 November 9, 2015

"Best treatment for acne I have used! I've gone through accutane, many face washes, retinol creams, and other forms of birth control. Some other forms of birth control just make acne worse, depending on the type of progestin in it. You need the least androgenic type possible, and sprintec has worked the best for me! Nearly clear skin. Takes about 5-6 months to fully work, but it does work."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2015

"I started taking this birth control about 2 months ago... I got it to mainly clear up acne & because I'm sexually active. Growing up I was in and out of doctors trying to find what treatment would be best for my skin... I started taking this birth control & instantly my face started breaking out, talking about 5-6 large pimples at a time! It's so embarrassing!! Sometimes makeup won't even cover! I haven't noticed any weight gain, but I do have an increased appetite. And my boobs feel very full. I also skipped my first period & read that another girl had one anyways. I've noticed some spotting but nothing too major. I wouldn't recommend this to a girl trying to get rid of bad acne especially if you've struggled with bad skin in the past."

Abby2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"It's horrible.... my face broke out bad...got scars for life"

Anonymous August 23, 2015

"This is an initial review seeing as though I haven't even gotten through the first pack yet. My doctor prescribed tri sprintec for my skin & to avoid weight gain. I take the pill everyday at 5:30 pm. An odd daily pattern has developed. In the morning I feel normal. Then by the early afternoon, I'll get a killer headache a couple hours before its time to take the pill! Once I take it, the headache subsides but I get nausea instantly (sometimes vomit) & lose my appetite for the night. Then I get fatigued fast and have been sleeping very early. By the next morning I feel back to normal. The headaches and nausea suck! I also noticed really painful under the skin pimples. Waiting for skin to clear. Boobs are getting bigger that's a plus"

TS-Starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

"I'm 18 & have been using Tri Sprintec for the past 4 months mainly to try to get rid of my mild acne. In the first couple weeks, I was hopeful because I saw my face start to clear up & wasn't experiencing any side effects. However, as I kept taking it my acne started to flare up again, along with cramps & bloating pretty much all the time, mood swings, and slight weight gain (5 pounds). Since month 2, I started getting cystic acne (which I've never had before) on both my cheeks and especially in my chin area and along my jaw line, but my forehead stays almost completely clear. I thought my hormones just needed to get used to the pill but my skin has continued to get worse. I stopped taking Tri Sprintec & already seen improvement in 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

"I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for a couple of years now, and can say that it has really helped with my acne. I used to have it really bad, but now it's mostly cleared up (I just seem to get a few breakouts here and there). Also, my period is on a perfect 28 day schedule, so that is a plus."

Rileyann18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2015

"I've used tri-sprintec for about a year. I started it to have lighter periods & to help get rid of acne. It's worked really well for me & my periods last about 4 days & are very light & I've had one or two breakouts since. So why not a higher score? Well like all women, my period was going to coincide with a beach vacation & I was not ok with that. I decided to skip a period & instead of using my week 4 pills, I skipped right from week 3 to week 1 on a new pack... Worst. Idea. Ever. I still got my period & it's lasted for a month, not to mention I have a major acne breakout & no not just one or two. I'm hoping things will go back to normal soon & I warn everyone if this pill is working well for you, DON'T SKIP A PERIOD INTENTIONALLY."

Anonymous2107 July 10, 2015

"Made my acne 10 times worse !!!! But I've only been on it for 2 weeks and 2days. I saw that other people's acne got better within 3-4 months so I'll be patient. I take my pill at 10:15 every night. No nausea or throwing up. I think to Better to take your pill at night because I usually get sick from simply taking vitamins in the morning. No bleeding or spotting. No cramps. Slightly cranky but nothing my bf can't handle. Lol. & my breast haven't gotten larger but I have noticed the feel more heavy or full. No breast tenderness though."

Bobo bhanell July 6, 2015

"Slow and steady definitely wins this race. I was skeptical going on birth control to fix my ongoing acne battle especially since I am not sexually active. I have been on it for 3 months now and I am so grateful I did this!! My acne has cleared up 80% and I expect it to be closer to 95% for the next pack. It was hard to be patient those 3 months of wondering if it would work, but it did and I'm soo happy about it. At first, I noticed some swelling and tenderness in the chest, but that subsided after about 2-3 weeks, once my body got a bit more used to it. I had a few pounds of weight gain but that has since come off too- and may have been just water weight."

Success3month July 1, 2015

"I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015