User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 400 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

"I’ve had mild to moderate acne since I was 13. I’m 28 now. When I first started this pill I had pretty bad heartburn and frequent headaches. My skin didn’t really clear up at first and I thought it wasn’t working that great. I started looking into different pills but wanted to give my body a chance to get used to it so I stuck with it. Around the fifth month I finally started seeing a little improvement in my skin. I’m on my eighth month on it now and my skin is finally clear. I can’t believe I found something that actually worked. I also don’t have heartburn or headaches anymore. I did gain about ten pounds but also was eating bad so I don’t know if I can attribute that to tri Sprintec. I’m so glad I stuck with it!"

Jess L. January 12, 2018

"Growing up I've always had sensitive skin and mild acne. In Summer of 2016 I went on vacation and when I came back, I broke out terribly, in October 2016, my doctor prescribed me Ortho Tri Cylen but my insurance covered Tri Sprintec. Because of all of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to try it. I didn't really see any dramatic results until the 7 month mark, my skin started clearing up more and more and in the 8th month I had CLEAR SKIN. Overall with clear skin, bigger boobs and no side effects, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with Tri Sprintec!! If you're on the edge about taking this pill, give it a shot! You'll never know if you don't try, this could be your miracle!"

StarDust12384524 January 8, 2018

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec to clear up my acne. I’m 19 and in college and all I want right now is great skin. Tri-Sprintec has done the complete opposite for me. My acne is worse than its ever been before. I’ve only been on it for 2-3 months, but the only time my acne begins to clear up is during placebo week. It has been an extremely irritating experience. Not only has it caused terrible breakouts, but it also makes me feel heavier. It’s be a terrible experience. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

bnp98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2017

"I broke out on this pill for 4 months straight. My acne was way worse that how it was before I started the birth control pill. I got the acne so horribly the first week of starting the birth control. And then, I would get at least two pimples a day; on my cheeks and jaw. The pimples were really big and they would hurt so badly. Once the pimples went down, it left my face with horrible acne scars that I've been trying to clear up for the past month. The pimples would only clear up around my placebo pill week. So when I was on my monthly cycle, my face was beautiful and clear. It's been a month with out the Tri-Sprintec and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I am back confident!!!"

Stay away from this pill!!!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2017

"I am just starting my third pack of this birth control and it has not been a fun experience at all. I've gotten headaches every single day, gained weight due to an increased appetite, and my acne has gotten worse. I used to get minor breakouts leading up to my period, but now I get 2-3 new cystic acne spots nearly everyday. The only time my acne calms down is during the placebo week. I am going to finish this third pack and see what happens but if nothing changes I am definitely switching. As of right now would definitely NOT recommend this birth control."

sydddddddd November 20, 2017

"I used to only get a pimple here and there on my cheeks. When I started Tri-Sprintec my acne got significantly worse. I was getting deep cystic zits all over my cheeks. After 3 months or so my acne calmed down but it was still worse than before. A year later and my acne is still worse than when I started the medication but I'm terrified to go off of it because I'm scared of the breakout that will happen when I go off of it. Wish I never started taking it, it's ruining my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2017

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2017

"Please please read !!!! When I was younger my skin was good I would get a pimple here and there as a common teen, but later I broke out not bad don't get me wrong but I broke out on my cheeks, a lot on my forehead. I would have tiny skin coloured bumps , they would go and come back here and there , so my cheeks I usually have got like at least 6 zits on them , my skin is soft but I have red spots all over my checks. Anyway so let's get into tri sprintec I had gone to my Dermatologist and he prescribed me some ointment and some sensitive skin facial cleanser and now I had been prescribed tri sprintec and let me tell you worst experience EVER!! I only last 2 days !!! Headaches and vomiting ! Lost 12 p"

Sofia527 September 26, 2017

"I took this pill for 3 months, and I got acne after 6 days of the first pack. It never cleared up completely until after I stopped taking the pill. It would clear up a little during the placebo week. I've never had a problem with hormonal acne, and I broke out over my shoulders, and chin significantly. It was extremely embarrassing,"

Tommieeee August 1, 2017

"I started taking this for acne about 3 months ago and it works great for that. I'm 18 and I have a 32B almost 32C bra size and I've always hated it! this medicine made my boobs grow almost a whole cup size!!! Which made me completely miserable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

"For the past few years, five years to be exact, I have struggled with acne pretty badly. The beginning of this year (February) I decided to try and do something about it, I went to my nearby Planned Parenthood and got prescribed to Ortho Tri Cyclen. I went to my local pharmacy to pick up my pills only to see they had given me Tri Sprintec as it was moderately cheaper and "made of the same ingredients". I have not had many problems on this pill.. no weight gain, no cramps, no nausea... but my face... it got extremely worse. My entire right side of my cheek and my chin broke out in large patches of cystic acne.... only to have it clear up significantly during my placebo pill week... In fact I have heard many stories of the brand name/generic having extremely different affects on some people... so within the next few days I'm switching over to the brand name and hoping for the best."

Krislyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

"I've been on this pill for 3 months and 5 days and I want to die. My moderate acne has gotten worse. So bad that get big cystic pimples all over. I also have a bunch of white heads and my forehead is bumpy. My anger is out the roof and the first 2 months my boobs felt like they were going to fall off. I'm willing to stick it out to the 5th month but if not I will be getting off this pill"

Help me pls April 28, 2017

"I always had acne around periods but after I had my son it got severe. So much so that it left scars from inflammation that would make one zit into a pea sized bump deep under my skin that was painful and caused anxiety, depression and so on. After seeing a Dermatoligist he prescribed a combo of 3 to combat it. The tri sprintec to regulate hormones, a light topical antibiotic lotion clyndomicin I think and a year of doxycycline antibiotics. It took time but after the antibiotics took care of the infection with this pill it seemed to prevent acne. My reason for thinking this is the only time it's gotten bad again is after running out and going a month without or an occasional pimple during the placebo week. Overall it helped a great deal..."

Sarha85 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2017

"I was on this pill for 4 months and half. I didn't finish the last month because I COULD NOT stand the way I was feeling anymore. I had constant mood swings and was irritated basically all the time. My acne got worse even after having been on the pill for 4 months already. I switched now to a progesterine-only pill because I was having terrible migraines as well."

Pcamii_ March 31, 2017

"This bc nearly killed me. I had Terrible migraines once I started this Rx, ultimately was helicoptered to the nearest big city hospital and suffered a hemiplegic migraine, with stroke like symptoms.This bc is poison. I gave this a 1 rating because 0 was not an option. If you are taking tri sprintec, STOP. You don't even know the damage this is causing you, blood clots, strokes. Stop taking this bc now!!"

IzzyAl March 25, 2017

"I've been on Tri Sprintec for 8 months. I started taking it because my previous birth control, Aubra (aka Lutera, Alesse, many more), gave me cystic acne and oily skin for the first time in my life. Tri Sprintec has not helped me. I thought it would definitely get rid of the oily skin (it made it worse) and at least the small pimples (it gave me MORE all over my forehead). I have 5 more days of Tri Sprintec left and after that, I'm going to try to go off birth control altogether. I never had acne before I went on BC so we will see what happens. I also read that generic OTC makes acne worse, so maybe consider paying extra for brand name OTC if acne is your main concern. Good luck!"

kellysokola March 7, 2017

"I'm 18 and have had pretty awful acne since I was 12. My doctor prescribed Tri-Sprintec mainly for the acne, but also for period regulation and birth control. In the 2 weeks I've been taking it, I haven't experienced any of the mood swings or breast tenderness/growth that others have. I've gained a few pounds, but I'm home from college and so eating poorly and not exercising, so I can't really blame that on the birth control. My acne has gotten 10 times worse since starting, with lots of breakouts on my forehead, chin, and around my mouth which used to be completely clear. As frustrating as it is, I'll stick with it for a few months and hope that my body adjusts and the acne clears up!"

Still Hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

"Terrible pill. It was recommended to me FOR my acne and made it worse. Also, be ready to cry ALL THE TIME for no reason at all."

Anonymous January 4, 2017

"I have cystic acne which isn't awful but this pill made it a lot worse. I tried a lot of different acne products and treatments and none worked so I've tried 2 birth control pills to help, this being my second try. I followed my doctors advice to give it at least 6 months and it has only made my acne worse. It is redder, more painful, and a lot deeper than before, and it has spread all over my face and become splotchy. I also get a lot of fevers and awful cramps all throughout the month. I also use birth control pills to stop my periods. The first day I went on it I got my period (it was awful and lasted 14 days). Now I keep getting them so it's not working. Don't let my experience sway you too much but unfortunately it just dosen't work."

Snowpaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

"I'm 22, I have very sensitive skin and stomach. I started this pill in September and it's now mid-December. The first month I had nausea, the second month I had various digestive issues (slightly worse than usual), and now in the 3rd full month, I am having breakouts. The nausea and the stomach issues have cleared up so I'm holding out for the acne to clear up. Meanwhile, my breasts have grown two inches! The side effects aren't so bad and the acne I have now isn't much worse than what I had before. Some people say they've experienced mood swings, depression, or change in sex drive but I haven't noticed that at all."

Mehry December 19, 2016

"AM I ABOUT TO TELL YOU ALL A STORY. IT ENDS AWFULY. SO I was on this pill for 5 years. My face was fine, no acne, no issues. No birth control issues. i got on the pill because of my doctor, he told me to have this because my period was not regular and I had had it for years, so he figured this would help. I finished that treatment, and upon turning 20 I stopped taking it. No biggie right? YEAH. HUGE BIGGIE. Within 4-6 months, I didnt get my period at all. Ok thats fine, many times thats normal. MY FACE. MY POOR FACE. MY FACE EXPLODED INTO CYSTIC ACNE. I wanna say that I had been treated by my dermatologist to not have acne as I had bad acne when I was a teenager. I had to go back to him because my acne went from normal to cystic severe."

This poor acne ridden soul November 22, 2016

"WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER. After 3-4 months on this medication, I developed severe nausea, vomiting, mood swings, bad anxiety and depression. Every day I would wake up with the worst stomach cramps and was constantly constipated. Also felt so exhausted every day. I quit shortly after the symptoms came up and its been 3 months since I quit and I'm still struggling and not myself. Please do not take this. The only positives were it cleared up my face slightly and my breasts became bigger."

Sad and sick November 12, 2016

"Please!!! just walk away from this pill, my breast are so tender I can't touch them, I stay nauseous and light headed and I've had my period now for 2 weeks. And I've only take them for 2 weeks. I stopped taking them I'm no longer nauseous and light headed but my period is still going strong. My breast are getting better, to many side effects for me. Oh yea and they make you eat A LOT!!!"

Rhonda2016 October 26, 2016

"DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL...After 7 days I lost kidney function and could not urinate after drinking 32 oz of water the night before. Had blood in the urine 3 weeks after I stopped taking this poison. My skin looked fabulous after the 1st day but if I'm dead, having clear skin won't matter."

UnHappyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016