User Reviews for Estarylla

Endometriosis
1.5

Summary of Estarylla reviews 3.2 250 reviews

Reviews for Estarylla

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Despite all of the awful reviews, I’m actually pretty happy with this pill. About 2 years ago I was on Trinessa Lo and it was awful. I had headaches so bad I thought my head was going to pop. I was always moody and cried over nothing. I would have a lot of really dark depressed thoughts as well and almost got sent to a mental hospital. This made me so scared to try anything else but I’m glad I have. In the beginning, for about a week, I did get slight headaches and nausea but it was nothing unbearable. I’m currently on my first month and just started the placebo pills and all side effects are gone. The only issue is my period hasn’t appeared but I heard that’s typically normal in the first three months as your body is adjusting. But overall, I’m happy with this pill."

Nessa (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Estarylla in November 2018, and at first hated the brand. I had skin rashes, migraines, and felt depressed to a point where I had no motivation to do anything. Unfortunately my skin broke out worse than it ever has due to this birth control. The headaches lasted for only a couple of weeks, but I still felt emotional until recently. I was planning on getting off of the birth control because of how bad I felt but am glad I pushed through. On the plus side my breasts grew quickly after taking the pill and I’ve been fully protected without other contraceptions. I’m towards the end of my third month taking Estarylla and there’s no more side effects and am feeling like myself again. Everyone reacts differently to this brand but it’s not the worst out there."

Nygirl323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

For Birth Control "If I could give this birth control a negative 20, I would. I normally am prescribed mononessa but my pharmacy doesn’t sell it and I normally get it by mail order for 2 months at a time. I decided to give this medication a try for three months and Estarylla cause me to have severe anxiety, and depression. I slowly stopped going to class as often, and I cried myself to sleep, felt like I wasn’t wanted the whole 9 yards. It was awful. I returned to my normal prescription via mail order (mononessa) and my symptoms have completely gone away. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. You won’t be able to recognize yourself. They need take this off the shelves."

Dez (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Endometriosis "I have been on Estyrella for 5 months now, for endometriosis. Although it has taken my pain away, my periods are literally 3 weeks long. When I called my obgyn about it, they said I needed to ride it out until the 6 month mark to regulate my period. Absolutely do not recommend as a birth control. Will be changing at the 6 month mark."

Arabella January 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve never left a review for anything before. Not a movie, nor a restaurant, nothing. This birth control is THE WORST. After being on Mononessa for a couple of years and having no issues, Walgreens changed the prescription to Sprintec (also no problems) and then to this Estarylla poison. I’m 18 almost 19, an extremely happy, healthy, active, hardworking person. Estarylla has completely demolished my self esteem, leaving me in a weird depressed, anxiety-ridden state for the one and a half months I’ve been taking it. I’ve been feeling like I’m in this weird, dreamlike state for the past few weeks and was so relieved to hear that other people on this medication have felt the same way. I’ve not had the motivation to get work done or socialize due to the extreme mood swings, depression, and fatigue that Estarylla causes. Please, please don’t take Estarylla. For the sake of your mental and physical health."

Charlotte (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

For Birth Control "ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND FATIGUE! Been taking this medication for 2 weeks and my energy level dropped dramatically. Breast pain was severe. Trouble breathing because of the anxiety and I actually experienced a panic attack! This medication is DANGEROUS for me and for some people it cannot be safe to take!"

Tip (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2019

For Ovarian Cysts "I was on Mononessa for several years. The pharmacy stopped carrying that brand and switched to this brand. The first three months were not great but tolerable. Periods were moderate flow but still an average of 5 days long. Fourth month on this drug started nausea mid cycle. Then spotting started the third week of the pack. Followed by an 8 day moderate flow period. This is absolutely awful. I take the pill the exact same time every day, never missed a pill. This pill is supposed to be the same as Ortho Cyclen and the other generics, but I think there is something drastically wrong with this brand. Do NOT recommend this one at all. Back to find Mononessa."

Curry (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I wish I should have looked up the reviews for this before taking it. Like everyone here, Walgreen switches from Mononessa to this pill. Estarylla is the worst BC pills I have taken so far. It gives me the worst breast pain, cramp & acne breakouts and 2 weeks of bleeding. I’m on my second month now. I didn’t stopped first month because I want to give it a try. Second month, my breast pain getting worse. I haven’t gotten my period yet. Yet weirdly, I got butt pain for several days. My breast hurt so bad that I can’t stand it anymore. That’s why I wanted to check the reviews for it. I’m overwhelmed by the amount of people who get the same experience as me. I’ll stop the pill ASAP tomorrow. This pill is the worst. I should have checked the review for it."

Tammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2018

"I started taking this pill after the birth of my son in September. First 2 months were fine and my periods were great. It's now December and I need to quit taking this pill. Horrid acne right before my period. I have now had 2 bouts of diarrhea and nausea so bad that I thought I was getting the stomach flu. I really hope it's this pill because this nausea is causing me to lose weight because of the nausea and I can't deal."

Sickofthis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Could not say enough bad things about this medicine!!! Abnormal bleeding, oily skin, mood swings, head aches, weight gain, racing heart, shortness of breath, cramping, night sweats and nausea just from taking this pill for less than a month. Do not understand why anyone is even getting prescribed this pill especially after reading all the reviews I’ve read on it. Absolutely ridiculous!!"

Cp (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first time I'm taking birth control, my doctor prescribed me Estarylla. It did help in making my periods more regular and lighter, but the cramps are just as bad. Not only that, but I've been extremely depressed, anxious, and paranoid, and that's started to ruin my relationship with my s/o. I couldn't even finish the rest of the pills in the pack because I was feeling so awful. Definitely would not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I am not one to complain about medicine. However, I wish I would’ve read these reviews BEFORE I started taking Estarylla. I’ve been on Tri-Nessa for 2 years (with no problems) and switched medicine to find an easier way to skip periods. The doctor prescribed Mononessa, but I was stuck with this brand I suffer occasionally from migraines outside of medicine - but I’ve had a dull headache most everyday since I’ve been taking this medicine. Never had that problem with Tri-Nessa as it actually helped my migraines. If that’s not bad enough, 3 months in on this medicine and I have HORRIBLE anxiety and feel like I’m going crazy. I feel like I want to crawl out of skin as I’m jittery and it feels like I’m dreaming my daily life. I never have had anxiety in my life. I cannot wait to finish this pack in 2 days and go back to the doctor next week, as I’m going back to Tri-Nessa. Do NOT take this medicine without doing your research."

Never Again (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Made my resting heart rate raise 20 beats per minute over a 7 day period. That can't be healthy. I stopped this medicine immediately and my heart rate soon returned to normal. Also gave me acne, mood swings, and anxiety. I got switched to this because the pharmacy stopped carrying Monessa."

abC (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on a different birth control previously (can’t remember the name at this point). I took the original pill for years until my OBGYN said I needed a stronger pill, so she put me on this rubbish. On my original pill, I got my period like clockwork. Lasted 3 days and it was barely even spotting. I only had to wear panty liners. Now that I’m on this one, my period lasts 2 weeks every month, I get horrible cramps, and my flow is heavier than when I originally started birth control."

T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Side effects: migraines every day, gained 25 pounds in 5 months without any lifestyle change, low libido, anxiety, mood swings, horrible menstrual bleeding, tender boobs, but I had GREAT SKIN???, inability to fall asleep...stopped taking this pill in June (now December) have lost 20 pounds without lifestyle change, boobs do not hurt, way better periods, mood swings and anxiety are gone, no headaches, libido is back and skin went back to normal (I have acne but compared to every other horrific side effect this pill gave me I'll happily take the acne).......this pill is truly the worst and any birth control pill for that matter."

Emba (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. I was on mononessa for years and loved it until the pharmacy switched it to this garbage. At first it was typical, but by the 3rd week my health flipped. My anxiety and depression got so bad, I was feeling nauseous and lightheaded all day, I had so much trouble breathing, had low self-esteem and was overthinking everything and couldn’t handle stress, I was exhausted all the time but would wake up constantly with chills, and my heart was racing nonstop. I finally realized the only thing that’s different was this stupid pill so I quit taking it, but not before my doctor informed me I now have an overactive thyroid that was likely brought on by this. For mental and physical health, don’t accept this pill."

Jlea21 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Things this medicine has done to me or made worse: sudden severe headaches, anxiety, nausea. I have symptoms of depression--sleep problems, weakness, tired feeling, mood changes. Feeling of warmth in one or both legs"

Moody Cracker (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the WORST birth control! I was on Mononessa for a while and it was fine. My periods started like clock work. Then Walgreens said it was discontinued and switched me to Estarylla about 6 months ago. The break through bleeding is horrible! I have to wear a pad or tampon every single day for the spotting! I told my doctor who called in more Mononessa which the pharmacy switched to Estarylla again! OMG! Can I please get something where I am NORMAL again??!!!"

AJB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

"This BC gave me an adrenal deficiency causing: mood swings, break through bleeding, anxiety, depression, inability to fall asleep, inability to wake up in the morning, and severe fatigue. I have been on this for almost two months now and prior to use, I went to the gym every day, had lots of energy and no anxiety. After this pill pack I’m switching to the mini pill to estrogen detox."

Emery December 4, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "This is a TERRIBLE pill! I was on Mononessa for years, mainly to balance issues related to PCOS- depression, anxiety, irregular bleeding, excess hair. All was going OK- better when I ate right and exercise regularly, then suddenly no pharmacies near me would stock Mononessa, and they switched me to Estarylla claiming it was exactly the same pill. I spoke with my doctor and nurses, and they assured me it was the same. They are NOT the same. I've been on Estarylla for 3 months, and have never in my life had panic attacks and depressive episodes like this. I've had spotting between periods, and my libido is dead. Makes you wonder who's making $$$ off this pill- because after reading other reviews it sure as hell isn't helping anyone."

JK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Okay let me just start with the first point. I do not like this birth control. I was originally on TriNessa Lo for awhile and didn’t really seem to have any serious problems with it at all. Now just this month I was switched to Estsrylla and didn’t seem bothered by it at first but once I hit the last week of my active pills, it was down hill from there. I have had severe anxiety and depression. Don’t want to do anything. I overthink everything. Feel like my chest is tight and have shortness of breath because the anxiety and couldn’t seem to feel my emotions. This went on from Sunday to now Saturday. 7 full days!!! I’m going to call my doctor this week and hopefully be able to be changed to a different brand or back to my old one"

Becca (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This was THE WORST birth control I have ever taken. I was previously on MonoNessa which I loved, but then was switched to this generic. I never had an issue with abnormal bleeding (been on MonoNessa about 6 years) and am on an SSRI so my mood is pretty stabilized. However, about 5 months into this generic I had the worst month of my life. I bled CLOTS of blood for a month straight and had to go to the doctor. Additionally, I felt so depressed all the time and had suicidal thoughts almost daily, even when taking my SSRI. I recently switched to a new birth control and feel 100X better. This birth control was awful. Would not recommend for anyone."

Megan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Birth Control "It has been an okay pill for me so far but reading these reviews make me wonder. I have been depressed, strong anxiety and random cries while taking this pill but I thought it may have been Post Partum Depression. I also have random feelings of nausea and have thrown up for no reason at least 3 times with this pill in the 5 almost 6 months."

REE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I've always taken Mononessa as birth control, which I loved - barely saw any side effects and it was very convenient. My pharmacy has (several times!) given me the generic Estarylla, and while I know it's basically the same thing, I can't help but hate it. The few times I've had to go through a month of using the Estarylla my mood swings were TERRIBLE. Again, no real side effects when I took the Mononessa. Also, the Estarylla packaging is the WORST. The blister pack is flimsy and doesn't close properly, so my pills are just out there in the open."

M (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have never had any issues with spotting while on any other birth control until switching to this one!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018