User Reviews for Estarylla

Learn more about Estarylla.

Acne 4 reviews 536 medications

4.8
Birth Control 64 reviews 299 medications

3.4
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 17 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Estarylla reviews 85 reviews 3.7

Reviews for Estarylla

For Acne "This pill gave me a terrible hormone imbalance and made me break out terribly (never had a serious problem with acne). It gave me terrible cystic acne and scarring. Although this pill was not for me, everyone's body will react differently to the hormones."

Anonymous April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill actually made me depressed and anxious and nauseous to the point where I couldn't function. I took it for two years when I was first prescribed it because I never actually associated the symptoms to the pill until one day I brought up how I was nauseous all the time to my doctor and she recommended me switching pills. Once I got off this pill, I immediately felt happier and less anxious. It did prevent pregnancy, but literally whenever I would take even the tiniest drink of any kind of alcohol I'd be nauseous for the rest of the night. I recently took this pill again for a few days and these symptoms immediately returned. Never touching it again."

Jas3010 April 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm at the Dr now to refill this birth control medication and I couldn't remember the name so I called my pharmacy and then googled it since I was waiting. I can't believe the bad reviews, but everyone's body is different. I've been on this BC for 2 years now, starting my third. I used to break out and I haven't had one pimple since starting this medication. I haven't gained any weight or experienced any type of emotional side effects. I love it and will continued using it."

Sherizie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This will be the 6th month I've been on Estarylla, but I'm going to stop taking it & find another birth control. Although it's done its job with preventing pregnancy, this certain pill makes me much more emotionally unstable. Before taking it I was a social & overall happy person but now I get upset over the most insignificant things, push people away, feel anxious/sad more often than I'm happy. :( It's even affected my relationship with my boyfriend bc he thinks I'm always sad around him but it's just this dang pill messing with my emotions! I know medications affect people differently, but from seeing the other reviews just be warned that this pill can increase depression, mood swings, anxiety, etc."

whyudodisestarylla (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Estarylla for about 3 weeks. I've had some nausea but not enough to actually puke. I used to get 4-5 pimples at a time but now I have none at all! I haven't gained any weight. Technically there's no reason why you can't skip the placebo week and skip your period but I like knowing for a fact whether or not I'm pregnant. I don't really have bad mood swings. My boyfriend and I were using the withdrawal method and condoms and tracking my fertility for a year and 3 months and now we don't have to do that! So overall I'd recommend at least giving this medication a chance because I was scared to death but it ended up being great for me, and I'm usually very sensitive to medication."

allisonnnnn April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for less then a month, I'm at the end of the 3rd active week and this whole week I been spotting and cramping and some discharge that I never had problems with before. I was on mononessa for almost 2 years previously, my pharmacy changed it without my consent they told me it was the same but its not. While on it the first week I got super depressed and was moody and its gotten worse now that its the third week I'm constantly annoyed and more moody then usual. I do take another script for PMDD that usually keeps my moods in line. But this birth control has screwed up with my balance all around. I can't wait to get back on mononessa for next month. I woudn't recommend this to any female who is overly sensitive& emotional"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "When I read these reviews, I was really nervous about starting this. I didn't experience any extreme emotional problems. At first everything was fine. I had irregular periods (happening when on the active pills, sometimes 2 weeks apart), but that's expected in the early months. But after a few months, I noticed that I was getting itchy hives on my face. Didn't associate it with this medicine until I noticed it was only happening when I had my period. Within a few hours after taking it, I'd get hives on my face and they'd stay all day but flare up even more the next day after taking the pill again. Horribly embarrassing. I had such clear skin and having red itchy bumps was just so upsetting. My dr took me off of it."

anna1191862 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on estarylla for 1 day and it gave me chest heaviness to the point where I felt I couldn't breathe for several days. I was sent to the ER and they said I was completely healthy. It made me very depressed but the worst part was feeling like I was literally suffocating but doctors telling me I was fine. Anxiety was through the roof and every moment was just torment and crying. I do not suggest taking estarylla!!!"

Anonymous March 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Firstly, I should provide background info on my current health. Birth control pills effect everyone differently. I had a very timely period with heavy bleeding the first 2 days and terrible cramps some cycles. I also have the tendency to be iron deficient. Initially I experienced a lot of nausea on this pill. I was told to stick it out for 3 months and then decide if I wanted to change. Within those 3 months, I dealt with a lot of nausea and vaginal discomfort (itching, odor, discharge). I never had those issues before. It was enough for me the day I had to stop what I was doing on the job and sit near a window before I threw up. I took the pill at night and had a meal with it. The only time I felt relief was on the sugar pill"

Ms.Brownsugar (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched my pharmacy . But I was taking the higher version I guess which is tri-sprintec for a year, I never had a single issue with I might've gained 5 unnoticeable pounds. But when I changed to cvs they gave me this. It is my second month and I have only had my period on the active pills. I got my period 2 1/2 weeks ago on active pills. Took my sugar pills then this week got my period again. My skins broken out, I gained 10 lbs. I work with little kids so I though I was getting sick from them, but I've had headaches and stomachs almost constantly. The reviews made me realize it's the birth control. It's seriously the worst experience I've had with medication."

Hayleyvg March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am starting my 3rd month of estarylla. I was nervous to start it after reading all these bad reviews but it has worked fine for me. I started taking it just for birth control but I've noticed my skin has been clearing up too. One side effect I've noticed is that I feel a little nauseous the first few days of starting a pack- nothing serious though. I also get bloated more easily. Overall, I'm satisfied with how it's working for me."

Rachhhhh March 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took this pills coz I'm anemic and my doctor previously put in an IUD to cure my anemia but the IUD came come itself so she told me take birth control pills which is this one. It seems like it helped me to stop bleeding but since 10-15 days I felt like I have shortness of breath and my heartbeat is very fast. I donno why she prescribed me this may be because I have amerigroup insurance or something other reason. I went to my doc to checkup he said I might have blood clot in my lungs. My life is messed up now."

Roshanim March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Since I've started taking this pill my mood has been all over the place, I've been crying, and sad all the time, and I'm a really happy person, I never have acne and now I have acne is really bad I feel bad! It's been only one week."

girlchris March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 8 months now, and I go on here and read these reviews and wonder where people are getting this from. I understand everyone's body is different, and reacts differently to different pills. For me, this pill cleared almost all my acne, I haven't gained weight, my super painful cramps have almost vanished, my flow isn't as heavy, the only real bad side effect I have noticed is the mood swings, but even those are not that bad. It's a great pill."

bracelets February 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a little over a year. It cleared my acne very well, it worked perfectly to prevent pregnancy (noted that I NEVER missed a pill and was NEVER more than 3 hours late.) I never had any negative side effects with this pill. Only thing that it did not solve was my awful period cramps. Did lessen my heavy bleeding, though."

keller1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "DO NOT USE THIS BIRTHCONTROL. Take it from one girlfriend to another- you can do better. This birth control has given me the worst experience I've ever had with mood swings. Sluggish and no energy. I gained 5 lbs. first week on it."

Mcl88 January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "The first two months of use, I broke out bad. I read reviews that said this might happen as it's balancing everything out. I stuck with it. 14 months in and I'm a happy girl. Little to no cramping (used to be quite severe) 3-4 days of light bleeding and my skin is so happy! Occasionally get a pimple or two but absolutely no more cystic acne! My moods are balanced and haven't experienced weight gain. I didn't experience any nausea or abnormal pain. I'm 37 and this is the right pill for me."

Blsd555 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My girlfriend just got done with her first week and she has had to take 2 days off of school so far because her cramps are so severe. Not to mention the highly abnormal bleeding leaves her woozy and without strength. I absolutely do not recommend at all! I implore you to look at other options and to tell your doctor no if he mentions this brand what so ever"

My Girlfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking this on December 28th of 2016 or so... I was on my period for an entire month and it was extremely heavy with blood clots, the bc cleared it up about 5 days later. For that I love it, I had no side effects until my period started this week. I have very bad cramps, much like the ones I had when my period was more regular, and I've been passing large blood clots and have had heavy bleeding. To cut my period short, I'm starting my next pack. Honestly, a really cruddy week long period is better than a pretty cruddy month long period so I'm happy"

Kimani is Super Cool January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have only been on Estarylla for a month and I am having nothing but issues. I go to the gym regularly and eat a healthy diet and I have done nothing but gain weight. I feel swollen and bloated constantly and I have headaches almost every day. It was given to me as the generic for Sprintec (which was amazing) and I can't believe how different they are. I am emotional and on edge all of the time. I don't even want to know what my period will feel like if this is what I am going through already. I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through this even for just a birth control. I do not recommend Estarylla at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Since starting this medication I've had horrible nausea and the need to drink a lot of water. I thought maybe I'm becoming diabetic since diabetes make you feel so thirsty but we have glucose meters and its always in normals ranges 90-120 yet I feel like I haven't drank water all day and my lips are dry and chapped. I called my OBGYN to get it changed but they claim its not a side effect from the pill and I haven't seen this side effect on here. But what a coincidence that I decide to stop taking Estarylla (spelling) pill and I'm not compelled to drink as much water as I did when I was taking it. I don't recommend it."

Dehydrated Debbie January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've taken many different types of birth control trying to find the right fit. I saw good reviews for Sprintec so I was going to go with that, but my doctor gave me the generic instead which is Estraylla. I've only been on it a month and I'm nearing the last week of my pack. I haven't eaten for 3 days because I feel so sick, I've thrown up for the past 2 days as well. I haven't had sex since I started this pill because my sex drive is totally gone. This is seriously the worst birth control I've been on I can't even finish the pack I feel so sick and anxious all the time. Do NOT get this birth control. There are a million different ones out there that are so much better."

shelbs1123 January 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "When first taking this medication, I threw up the first few days of taking it. Through the months I have experienced excruciating pain 2-6 hours after taking it. I normally take it around 11 or 12, right before bed. so between 1 and 6 in the morning, I am waken up by the pain. It's an aching pain with nausea. it is about once or twice a month, but when it occurs, it is unbearable! It lasts for about an hour or until I can fall asleep in the fetal position (the only thing that lessens the pain.) I am not allergic to anything nor sensitive to foods, so I am sure it is not related to consumed foods. It does have some positives. I ALWAYS receive my period on the same day and am not pregnant. So it does what it was intended for!"

oliviac January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Honestly, I really enjoy this pill. When I first read the reviews I was terrified, but I still went through with taking this pill for the first few months. In the first month I found myself getting slightly nauseous every time I took the pill and that I was getting moodier. but after the first few weeks, everything balanced out and I'm completely fine. i'm sexually active and my partner and i have unprotected sex regularly. no baby here! i'm currently on my fourth month taking it and i feel fine. i've had no significant changes in acne (actually, i think it's improved my skin), my weight has stayed the same, my mood is under control, and my libido is the same as it's always been. just wanted to leave a good review here for estarylla."

eimine (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My pharmacy replaced Sprintec (the best birth control) with estarylla because they said it was the same formula. I have been on it for about 10 months now and I gained 10 pounds. After reading reviews, I realized it has made me moodier and made my anxiety worse. But hey I never got pregnant... If you have any sort of anxiety/depression, this is not the pill for you. I just got prescribed a lower dose of birth control called Lo Loestrin Fe, so we will see how that goes"

asfsdfsadf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016