User Reviews for Estarylla

Endometriosis

1 review 103 medications
Summary of Estarylla reviews 3.3 210 reviews

Reviews for Estarylla

For Acne "I was prescribed this for my acne and this made it MUCH worse. And on top of that it makes me so nauseous. THIS IS AWFUL."

b October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I gave this a 6 because I had both positive and negative effects on this medication. I'll start with the positive. I have been taking it for four months and it's done its job in making sure I don't get pregnant. I do take it at the same time every day though. I also used get irritated easily and now it is very rare so that's a plus. I hated being moody lol now the negative. The first week I started this medication I got SEVERE headaches. I put up with them because I thought it was my body adjusting to the medication. I had a minor breakout but nothing that concerned me. Fast forward to month 4 and I still have the headaches. I also now have large breakouts that I haven't gotten in years. My hair started to fall out as well and I have ZERO sex drive. I don't feel like myself either. My periods are not shorter but I don't get cramps so that's good. I like that it's done its job but the side effects are too much for me. I will be getting on a new birth control pill next month."

Cmart October 6, 2018

For Endometriosis "Was given to treat endometriosis. Have only been taking a week and have had severe abdominal and back pain. Horrible acne, nausea and hot flashes. I'm getting off this immediately, its so unpleasant."

User October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible!!! My doctor switched me from Monessa to estrylla and it’s been torture. I’ve never had bad acne in my life or on monessa and a week into this my face has been breaking out with massive acne clusters. Period has been 3 weeks after taking this pill for 2 months and things keep getting worse. Getting off this ASAP!!"

Nic (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This was THE WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER. Like most people I was on Sprintec and Monessa before Walgreens switched me to Estrylla. I have always suffered with depression and was on a depression med to stabilize my mood. Around the same time of my birth control getting switched I noticed how I was breaking out in cystic acne and I never have had acne. I am angry and sad all the time. I am unmotivated and at this point so upset with this birth control I could cry. It ruined my face, my self esteem and is beginning to affect the relationships around me. I go to the doctors tomorrow to get on a new form. I am so ready to just stop taking it, all this to avoid getting pregnant?"

Jamie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for 3 days and I have never felt this low in my life. I have felt depressed, anxious and hopeless all in three days. I want to switch immediately. I was on Sprintec and it was perfect for me. My doctor made me switch to this and I am going to go back and switch back off of it."

Z (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "This is THE WORST birth control I have EVER been on. I have had every single bad side effect. I have gotten a lasting head ache every single day, I am so anxious 24/7 and moody and angry and sad. I have never struggled with acne, but ever since I started this pill I started breaking out and they have not gone away since. I have gained 12 pounds in the last month and that weight will not go away no matter what I try. On top of that, I had my period for the first 3 weeks of taking Estarylla. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I'm switching off of this ASAP"

cici (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about a month ago after switching from the generic brand of Yaz (Loryna I believe) and I am about to finish my last pack. Before taking it, I was a bit hesitant because of the many bad reviews about it. But, after a month of taking it, I am happy to say I haven’t experienced barely any negative side effects. I haven’t felt depressed or anxious, I don’t believe I’ve gained weight (although I don’t have a scale to measure myself), and I haven’t had any headaches, stomach pain, etc. I have noticed a few pimples, but I also have been slacking on my skincare routine lately. All in all, I would suggest giving this birth control a try, and don’t let the bad reviews scare you. Yes, everyone’s body is different, but you don’t know how it will effect you until you try it for yourself."

James September 16, 2018

For Birth Control "If I could give this pill 0 stars, I would. As most people, I started with Mononessa. I took Mononessa for about 3 years until one day Walgreens switched me to Sprintec. Then, a month later, they switched me to Estarylla. I haven't been the same ever since. I've been on it for a good two months, hoping the side affects would disappear. They didn't. For these past two months, I have been unbelievably depressed. I have also been spotting every day. I get itchy spots all over my skin, and at first I thought it was some kind of bug bite, until I read these reviews. I also use birth control pills for acne. When I was on Mononessa, my face was so clear. When I started taking Estarylla, I started getting break outs which turned into terrible acne. At least I'm not pregnant though... right? All of that just to not have a kid? Count me out. I am calling my doctor ASAP to see if they can switch me to a different pharmacy. I do NOT recommend this pill to ANYONE."

Ry (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "AWFUL. HORRID. Looks like I've had a similar experience to many others here. I was formerly on Mononessa, it has worked GREAT for me for years but it was no longer carried at my pharmacy, or ANY other local pharmacy. My doc/pharmacy switched me to Estarylla, as it was "generic" for Mononessa. I was on it for about 2 weeks and became SEVERELY depressed. It made me sick to my stomach with nausea and I was an emotional wreck. As soon as I got off of it, I felt instantly better. I am now on Trinessa, for those who are trying to find a similar alternative to Mononessa. It's only been about a week but much better than Estarylla."

BP (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill after being on TriNessa Lo for 6 months. The first week I took it I had mild dizziness but didn’t think much of it. I’m now on day 3 of the second week and have SEVERE nausea and dizziness and can hardly stand. I called my doctor and she immediately switched me to a new one."

Not for me (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "This has been awful. I had to switch from Mononessa to Estarylla. Before this, Mononessa was perfect and before that I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. These past 4 months have been terrible. I cry every day and it’s affecting my relationships with the people I love. I am spotting every day even when I’m not on my period. I have no enjoyment in the things I used to enjoy and I have 0 energy. This is absolutely horrible and I’m definitely switching this week because I cannot take this anymore."

lilhitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Please be careful if you decide to go on this medicine if you’ve previously had a history of stomach problems. I went on this pill to prevent ovarian cysts and to help with severe pain during my period. It’s been a lifesaver in terms of helping me to feel less pain, and helped with my acne, and makes me have less mood swings but that’s really all it’s done. This medication has messed my stomach up. I can’t tell when I’m hungry or full, I gag on food, can’t stand the smell of most foods, I have pain after eating, and painful bathroom experiences. If you struggle with mental illness then beware. I have less mood swings but the catch is that I feel withdrawn from family, friends, and my boyfriend. It also dried out my skin on certain parts of my body. Overall this medicine is good if you need birth control and aren’t sensitive to medication ,but if you have sensitivities, this will not be your pill. Good luck to anybody taking this, hope I helped!"

Dakota (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

"Omgoodness this pill is horrible. It’s a drug. A horrible one. I have been taking it for 1 month and 5 days. I feel so depressed and my anxiety is off the hook. All day I feel anxiety. I thought I was going crazy, until I decided to look into this pill because I couldn’t figure out why I was feeling so blue and not myself. Look into your Birth control pill and do your research girls. We trust our doctors with whatever they prescribe that we just go with the flow. You know your body best. If you start feeling weird and not yourself stop taking it."

Momof2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Absolutely do not recommend! I have had the worst mood swings of all time! I get so agitated when there is nothing wrong. Things that usually wouldn’t bother me make me either furious or extremely sad. It was so hard trying to manage these emotions during my daughter’s birthday. Also and equally as bad, this has given me horrible horrible hives all over my face. I can’t quite tell yet if this is acne or an allergic reaction but it’s ruined my skin. I’ve been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure out why my skin is so itchy/scaly/rashy/bumpy - I mean bumps are EVERYWHERE! Then it clicked to me tonight - this is the only thing new I’ve used. My skin was so clear and I am distraught trying to imagine how long it will take to look ok again. And it also darkens the skin. Makes your skin look old and worn. Blemishes turn into big dark patches. It’s embarassing and depressing. Be warned! It’s not worth it when there are other options. I want my trinessa lo again!"

AJ65029 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I like many others had to switch from MonoNessa to Estarylla. MonoNessa gave me no side effects so I was slightly weary about how Estarylla would work. With me personally, it's been pretty great so far (about 4 months) with no severe side effects. The only things that have changed are that my breasts are slightly bigger (no complaint there!) and I've become a bit more emotional. Nothing serious, I've just definitely noticed I am crying a lot more easily over stupid things (i.e. children's movies, 5 seconds of a sad song, etc.) or becoming a little more flustered than usual when emotions are high. But other than that this has been pretty good for me! No complaints here!"

Han (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff is terrible. I just had leave work due to dizziness and nausea. Yesterday I left a review but it is so terrible I am back again. I will be stopping this tonight."

Carrie September 4, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I was switched like many other users from MonoNessa to Estarylla and have experienced increased anxiety. I was taking MonoNessa with no problems until Walgreens switched their supplier. I have contacted my doctor to get a prescription stating not to give a generic, so hopefully that will help."

D (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve started with monessa. It caused me to spot for a month straight, so it was like I had a period for a whole month. This also delayed my intimate time with my boyfriend which was super annoying and defeated the purpose of birth control. So after that horrible month, I ended up some how getting switched to estarylla, I’ve been on this birth-control for about 3 months now. With this birth-control, there are a few side effects which included weight gain, a little acne here and there, nausea, moments of depression & crying spells, increased sex drive, few secs of blurred vision, increased appetite, & tenderness of breasts. Some people were saying that their hair falls out on this, it’s NEVER happened to me. I rate this birth control an 8. I have regular periods around the same time every month, that only lasts for about 4 days and my cycles are light. ZERO SPOTTING. Plus, I haven’t gotten pregnant yet, so that’s always a bonus for me! I’m beyond fine with my side effects."

Kels (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Started this medicine 11 days ago, and like most others it was due to Walgreens no longer carrying my previous birth control. All last week I have felt dizzy, nauseous, anxious, and feeling like I had a racing heart. I feel so out of it, I ended up going to the ER($250 copay :( ).. my blood pressure was 180/105!!!!! I have been on blood pressure medication for 2 days and it has come down, but my bottom number is still ranging from 90-101. I honestly did not think anything of it because Walgreens stated it was the exact same, but when my friend specifically asked about birth control tonight, I put the two together. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow to try to get this switched. I just wanted to review so people knew to check their blood pressure considering this may be what caused mine to get to a very high level for me. Again not 100% sure this is the cause, but it is the only thing in my life this past week that has changed."

Cdm90 August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on trinessa for about 2 years and it worked great, but I wanted to stop having periods so I stopped taking the placebo pills. I had spotting every day for about 2 months. My gyno switched me to estarylla & I have had clear skin, no weight gain, nothing wrong at all & absolutely no spotting! I love this birth control."

alex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to estarylla from mononessa due to Walgreens as well as everyone else it seems, I was on mononessa for 9 years with absolutely no problems and loved it. Being on estarylla my period has become completely irregular, I never know when I’m going to get my actual period because I basically have it the entire month. I never get a break from spotting. There was a change in my mood, I’m extremely unhappy and withdrawn from everyone. I suffer from depression but this unlike anything I’ve ever felt.. I also noticed weight gain and break outs which neither are normal for me. This has been such a bad experience for me I finally asked them to change it to a different generic and they are giving me Sprintec for next month. I hope it works better for me."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I am so happy I did an internet search and came across this site. Like most of the other reviewers I was on mononessa and Walgreens switched me telling me it was the same thing. Ever since the switch I’ve been moody, depressed, gaining weight, terrible periods and getting acne for the first time in years. I did some research and found out that other pharmacies carries mononessa so I will be stopping estarylla immediately and switching pharmacy’s."

Pissed (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Like most everyone else that left reviews, I was on mononessa and Walgreens switched over to this medication. I have to take a birth control pill to prevent cysts unfortunately. Even though I exercise and am on the go regularly, I have gained a bit of weight and am struggling to get it off. The worst part for me though is the migraines! Like clock work they start every month the week before I have my period. I didn’t put it together until the last few months and actually went to a neurologist about the severity of these migraines! I will be finding a pharmacy that carries mononessa ASAP! I absolutely do not recommend this medicine."

SEMellon (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Mononessa for years (after a bad reaction to sprintec) then Walgreens switched to Estarylla. I was nervous to start this new pack after reading these reviews, and I have experienced some bad side effects since taking it. I’ve had a constant headache for 10 days straight and I’ve never experienced that before. I never get migraines and I drink too much water for it to be dehydration. I also have no interest in anything I used to and I have zero energy. Most of my days now are spent sleeping or laying in my bed. Since starting week two, I’ve started noticing some mood swings, like getting angry and crying for now reason. I am not myself on this pill and if nothing has changed for the better as soon as the month is up I’m done because I can’t take this anymore. The only good thing was that it seems like I’ve lost a little weight, and my breasts aren’t as huge as they were on Mononessa. I take the pill for irregular periods and so far its done its job."

ha9300 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018