User Reviews for Estarylla

Learn more about Estarylla.

Acne 2 reviews 525 medications

Birth Control 41 reviews 292 medications

3.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 15 reviews 169 medications

2.9
Summary of Estarylla reviews 58 reviews 3.6

Reviews for Estarylla

For Birth Control "First time taking Estaryella and it is not good. I started taking birth control to help with my cramping I get in my thighs only, I'm not sexually active, no kids. First day of taking the pill yesterday, it helped my mood swing's but brought on the cramping and made it worse. Very intense pain. Will probably go to doctor to switch if it doesn't get better. Worst 1st time birth control using experience."

RacquelB33 December 6, 2016

For Birth Control "So I'm on my second pack of this bc & I love it. The first week or so I was nauseous & did throw up, it felt like motion sickness but it only happened twice. No weight gain & have a ton of energy. Only reason I'm taking bc is for hormonal acne & let me tell you this stuff works!! I was on previfim before & nothing.. only made me break out worse. Only thing is on previfem I had NO period it was like spotting & on this bc its a bit heaver but nothing like my regular flow."

Yahaira1994 December 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I had a horrible experience on this birth control. After reading the reviews I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't research it before I started taking it. I took the pill 2 months and experienced severe mood swings, nausea/vomiting, head aches, and spotting. It was a dark brown color and I stopped taking the pill after that experience and because of the mood swings. I would also cry constantly, I initially thought it was due to stress but since I stopped taking it I haven't cried once. I haven't been taking the pill for two weeks and I have NOT experienced the above side effects. I know everyone's body is different and after showing my boyfriend these reviews we both are happy that I'm not the only one who experienced these side effects."

DD2016 December 5, 2016

For Birth Control "After I started taking this medicine I started having crazy anxiety after my baby was born!!! I am the type to not take bc before preg so when the obgyn gave me this he told me to take it because you're real fertile. So then I got put on anti depressants but at the same time my anxiety had not gone away and also my blood pressure was getting higher!!! I decided to stop taking this medication after reading these reviews and wow I can't believe so many people have this experience! My first day off it and I'm starting to feel like myself and my blood pressure is getting to a normal level! This medication is dangerous!!!!"

June16mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The worst birth control I have ever been on in my entire life! I'm extremely glad I found this site so I can see that other women are experiencing very similar side effects as I am! Due to an MRI I had to get done bc of a car accident my doctor was able to detect a nodule in my liver, I immediately got it checked out. It seems that the birth control caused fatty tissue to develop on my liver. My doctor wants me to get off the pill once I finish with this months batch. Since I've been on this pill for almost a year, I get non stop bleeding that looks like a brown dried up color and it'll continue for the whole month until I get my period. I get mood swings nausea and loss of appetite.If you feel like something is no right please reach out to your GYN!"

U.A November 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for about a week and every morning I'd wake up with a headache I caught myself always having an attitude and when im alone I'd just cry for no reason I wouldn't take this pill"

Jana Lenard November 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started Estarylla four months ago to regulate my periods. I was having a period every two weeks. The first month I took it I bled for an entire month. When I called the obgyn, I was advised to give it three months to regulate my period.Now my period has become erratic and lasts longer than 7 days. This past period started two weeks ago and ceases to let up. Along with prolonged periods I have experienced stomach nausea,vomiting,anxiety, and extreme mood swings.I plan to visit my OBGYN soon to discuss new options. This is my first time experiencing a negative reaction to birth control."

A.W (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The worst BC ever.I have just used it for 3 days and I have headaches and I threw up every single day.Do nothing other than sleeping like a log.This medicine was prescribed to control the abnormal bleeding I had and guess what I have the bleeding + these extra bonuses.Hate this medicine to death.Iam a person with no allergies to anything I know as of now.My body is pretty strong while other people around fall sick I remain totally unaffected.I will rate this medicine a negative not even a zero"

Roshni786 October 28, 2016

For Birth Control "It works well as a birth control however I have been on different forms of ortho tri cycle for 10 years and the insurance company just recently switched me to this after I had my daughter. I have NEVER had any side effects from any other pill but these make me nauseous and lightheaded about a half hour after I take them and it lasts all day. I've tried taking them with food, water, at night. Nothing helps. Privifem and spritec were SOOO much better."

Alex31 October 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I thought I was losing my mind, but per these reviews, I think my suspicious are founded. I've been on Estarylla for ~6 months as my pharmacy replaced this with the Sprintec I've been taking for about 6 years now. Never any issues with Sprintec, it was by far my favorite BC. This BC is the worst I've ever had. I've had months with break-thru bleeding (like 3 weeks of bleeding vs at most 1...), I've put on about 10 lbs, I have no desire to do anything but eat and not workout (not like myself AT ALL) and no libido. I called my OB/GYN and she immediately suspected the BC. I will be switching back to Sprintec per her "dispense as written" on my prescription. Ladies, heed the warnings of the others and myself, do not take this pill..."

shoregirl86rx October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control for a few years now they had me on Previfem before but switched to Estarylla about a year ago saying it was the same thing I take the 0.25mgs. I suffer from manic depression, anxiety and insomnia so I never thought anything else was making it worse until just recently I thought about how the week of green pills that are non-hormonal maybe effecting my mood. The past year has been so bad for my mental and physical health due to intense fatigue, mood swings, anxiety over the smallest things and insomnia which then reacts to my body being tired and makes me restless. After reading how many reviews have the same pattern as my experience I'm going to set an appt. with my OBGYN asap and hopefully find a better option"

EmilyyAnn October 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 years with 0 side effects. It's effective in that I've never become pregnant. I haven't experienced mood swings like everyone else posted about. I never get breakouts. The only reason I've gained 10 lbs in the last 3 years is from crossfit and it was muscle. I have absolutely no complaints with Estarylla."

I like this birthcontrol (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2016

"I feel so strongly about this drug that I really want to warn other women about taking it. I am 32 years old and have been on various forms of Birth control since I was 15. My insurance company switched me to this brand and I didn't think anything of it because pharmacist reassured me the generic was the same as ortho tricyclin lo which I had been on for years. 5 months after being on this drug I had to go on anti depressants, had crippling anxiety, constant nausea (I lost 15 lbs) and felt terrible. I finally realized the BC may have been cause to mood changes and stopped talking it. I felt completely better in 2 weeks, and even immediately went off the antidepressants. I still feel great. Be wary of this birth control!"

Bandry (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my second month on this pill, about to be on my third. I've been on a different birth control before this one for two years. I don't remember the name but I was super moody. I had bad depression ever night. I would cry for no reason it was so bad. So they put me on a low hormone and it was this pill. And so far I haven't been moody at all. Just one time I got all my emotions in one night and cried for two hours. But other than that I've been okay. I have gained weight, but most birth controls do that. But my only problem would be that I get really bad cramping stomach aches about everyday. Like after I eat or before I eat. And it's just a terrible pain. But I like this pill 10x better than my last."

Heyitssarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started my second month on this pill after having my second baby. I was on ortho tricyclen after the first kid and had weight gain and my face broke out so bad. I haven't had either one of these problems with this pill. The only issue I have is so far instead of 4-5 day periods, my last one was 8 days, but I did notice my cramps were lighter. I would recommend it."

Cks818 September 22, 2016

For Birth Control "What a HORRIBLE medication!!! I started taking this pill after my 2nd baby I noticed mood swings but I thought it was just my hormones after having a baby but it got worse, after a month of been on this pill I was either angry or sad all the time, very unhappy I refused to believe that it could be depression but i started to find my self crying in my room alone, anxious just not feeling myself. That is not all I thought I had some kind of stomach virus for a moth and it wasn't going away, nauseous, vomiting, dizziness and severe headache. It felt like stroke waiting to happen. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!!!"

StephS88 September 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So far I've been on this pill for about 2months now with that being said I'm also a "smoker" on the label for its warnings it specifically says do not take if you smoke. I called my doctor and she said it will be fine well now I've been bleeding longer then 2weeks now so I'm going to finish out this week and see hope it will get better:) but please do your homework on this medicine but also on any and all kinds."

Mrs. Ray September 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm fairly new to this pill. I have had very heavy, painful periods for the past few months so my doctor prescribed me this. I'm only in my first week but very hesitant on staying with it. I started the day of my period. I've had little cramps and light bleeding so that's great and all, but for the past four days I've had the most annoying headache. Not sure if this pain in my head is worth being cramp free."

11taylor August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Was fine the first two weeks but was very moody. My boyfriend and I got into some unecessary tifs and he said I was moody. Then week three I have been nausiated every day 24 hours a day and have had insomnia for a week. Also some light spotting and cramping. I threw up once but I think it is because I did not have enough in my stomach. Will keep moving forward but gosh I hope this gets better! My mood is better but still stick to my stomach. Atleast I am losing weight versus gaining. I was also given this as a replacment to ortho tri cylen lo."

AmberBittner August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "The worst birth control I have ever been on. My pharmacy stopped carrying Sprintec and put me on this instead saying it was exactly the same. A few weeks after starting this, I developed the most painful cystic acne of my life. I highly recommend avoiding this at all costs if you are prone to break outs."

christine184362 August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for about 3 years now. My doctor first put me on Previfem. About a year later I was switched to Estarylla. I've always had mild acne so I can't tell if it is from this pill or not, but I constantly have pimples on my face and a few on my chest. It's nothing super noticeable or major, but I feel as Previfem did a better job in keeping my skin clearer than Estarylla. On Previfem I gained about 10 pounds and on this new pill I have lost it all. I get HORRIBLE cramps the day before my period and the first day that it starts. But it always starts on the same day around the same time, so it is very regulated. It is also very effective as in I have not gotten pregnant from either of these pills I have been on."

shibreanne (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went to my OBGYN for my yearly appointment and she refilled the same pill that I've been on for two years. Loved Trinessa, did its job, I could estimate the time of my period down to the hour. Lasted 4 days. And for being a person that switched pills for a year trying to lessen my sad feelings, Trinessa really did me well. So, after my yearly appointment, I went to pick up my new, yearly prescription. CVS stopped carrying Trinessa and gave me Tri-Estarylla instead. All they told me was that they did not carry Trinessa and that this was the same chemical compound, just a different generic brand. Well now, I've been on this new pill for two weeks, and I have yet to stop bleeding from my last week on Trinessa! Spotting is terrible."

TeeBeeCee August 13, 2016

For Birth Control "ive taken this pill one month and so far the first week I was absolutely fine then the second week I started to be a little bit down and then the third week I literally cried at least 3 times a day. I became very tired and I had no motivation to do anything I slept 12-14 hours or I didn't sleep at all I've been angry and irritable for the slightest things I am 15 and normally I'm a very bubbly positive energetic person and I don't even feel like me anymore and ive been really depressed. I'm very highly disappointed with this pill it was the first birth control I've ever used I used it to regulate my period so far it's done its job I suppose however the side effects and mood that I've been in are most certainly not worth it don't take it."

MiaV August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Hello, So I've been on Estarylla 0.25mg for a month and half now. I've had such terrible experiences with birth control pills. But I can say theirs not too much bad I can say about Estarylla other than I am nauseous as if i'm pregnant. Mornings seem to be the worst I take my pill at night to help avoid sickness but I'm sick regardless. But I can say it's cleared up my ache and NO CRAZY MOOD SWINGS! Thank god.. NO MORE, depression, anxiety,night sweats, NO WEIGHT GAIN. I'm waiting on period #2 to see how my blood flow will be on this month because unlike the other pills I can say I had a longer period then the typical 3-4 days my period last month was a good 7-10 days. I am hoping this month will be lighter and my typical 3-4 days:)"

Millet August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't had too many issues on this birth control and have been on it for around six months. I have not experienced mood swings unless about to start my period. The only experience with nausea and this pill are when I have taken it mid day and eat absolutely nothing. So far, I have not gotten pregnant, and my severe back acne has completely cleared up. Overall, I recommend this pill."

Mh12316 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2016