User Reviews for Estarylla

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Estarylla.

Ovarian Cysts

Birth Control
3.5

Summary of Estarylla reviews 4.5 137 reviews

Reviews for Estarylla

For Ovarian Cysts "I was diagnose with POS and was told that my uterine wall was thickening. My periods became abnormal so my uterus was not shedding its wall the way it's suppose to every month. My doctor put me on Estarylla to clear the cysts. Six months later, my follow up showed no more cysts and uterine wall was normal. She suggested to stay on the pill for three more months but I decided to stay on it longer for the birth control effect. This pill worked effectively in ridding my cysts. The side effects weren't too bad. Loss of weight, but I always lose weight with birth control pills. Little to no sex drive. Maybe a little moody, but I can't really say, because at the time, my family was going through changes-everyone was stressed and moody, even my five year old :) Overall, it did its job which was to reduce or clear my cysts, and thin out my uterine wall. Side effects, not too bad. I've had worst with other BC pills. This is only my personal experience. Everyone's body reacts differently."

TishaM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2018

For Birth Control "First week, I wanted to quit right then but I gave it time. I literally must've become someone else, with only glimpses of me throughout the whole 6 months I took this. I am a really happy energetic outgoing person. All of that changed. My boyfriend of 3 yrs started noticing changes in my mood & behaviors. The smallest thing would make me so aggravated, which could slip into a fit of rage. I had less and less of sex drive. You don't feel like you're different. It would only be after the fact did I see how dramatic I was being, but then it became like a depression that I WASN'T EVEN AWARE OF! I also got a digestive issue during my time on this pill. I was loosing my mind, sad, angry, frustrated all the time. Numb a bit to emotions but would cry at small stuff. I felt like I was falling apart. My face didn't clear up much and that was the ONLY REAL REASON I WAS TAKING THIS stuff. I know my body is happy about not taking this pill any more. My whole body is taking a sigh of relief. DON'T INGEST THIS POISON."

Miss whoknew990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed this only for hormones. I had a tubal ligation so the actual birth control was not an issue. After I was in my 4th month symptoms became evident that this was not the pill for me. I was nauseous every morning, no sex drive to the point my husband considered the possibility of an affair (which totally was the opposite), night sweats, dryness, major mood instability with a lot of irritation (I was annoyed super easy, constant crazy urinating, felt dehydrated, my insulin levels high, strange/longer periods and 30 extra pounds. My cramps however did go down a lot."

Estrallya not for me (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I was sent Estrylla by my pharmacy after being on Sprintec. At first I didn’t notice any differences. After a month I noticed I was extremely bloated during my first period on Estrylla. However, I had no cramping and I wasn’t acting “crazy” like I can due to my hormones. After that period my bloating didn’t really go down, and I started a new side effect: vaginal dryness. I couldn’t get wet to save my life and I’ve never had that problem. Very uncomfortable during sex. I also had a decreased sex drive. I ended up calling my pharmacy and asked if they can fill my prescription with Sprintec and they were happy to oblige. Pros: no cramping, no crazy hormones Cons: extremely bloated, vaginal dryness"

G-girl1893 January 24, 2018

For Birth Control "WORST. BIRTH. CONTROL. EVER. STAY AWAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I've taken about 10 different brands of BC before because my insurance keeps changing my prescriptions and I've NEVER had such a bad experience. This pill makes me soooooo crazy. I get annoyed extra easily and this leads to a rage that I often experience. And I was never like this before, nor have I ever had this kind of side effect from the pill. Taking my last pill from this brand tomorrow, and I'm never gonna look back"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Sprintec for many years. The mail pharmacy decided to change to Estarylla without asking my permission. When I received the Estarylla I called my doctor to see if it was same as Sprintec. The Dr said its the same just different name. I have taken the Estarylla for only 5 days. I am currently on anti depressants and was doing great..no problems. Estaraylla has made my depression come back and also started anxiety. I wake up with anxiety. Also feel very blue--sad. I can not handle this. Going back to Sprintec ASAP Do not take this medicine if you have other options."

ctt (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Absolutely HORRIBLE side effects. Do not take this poison!!! After 24 days I have had enough. Made my clear beautiful skin into hormonal acne and weight gain!"

Marie5453 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Great pill for me. I haven't noticed any crazy side effects. My skin seems to be slightly better and I haven't cramped since being on it. My cramps can be unbearable so this is a very welcome change. I haven't noticed any mood swings or weight gain. I only became nauseous once when I took a pill 19 hours late... oops. I've really enjoyed this comparative to other birth controls I have been on."

Kyra P January 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I loved this pill for the first 3 months. It cleared up my skin, made my periods much lighter and pain free, and kept me protected. The only major problem I had was that after the 3rd months until my 5th month taking it, I fell more and more into depression. It was horrible. My extreme mood swings was ruining my life and ruining my relationship. I had to finally stop this pill and switch to something else before my condition became so bad that I was going to start being on antidepressants."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

For Birth Control "It's not bad. When I take it I get so sleepy and I take it in the morning so that could suck when I'm in school. I've gained some weight and I'm more emotional then I've ever been but other then that I'm still not pregnant it's been a month and a week."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC is my second one I’ve been on. The first one I took u got my period 2 times in one month and it was horrible, then I switched to this one and I got my period 1 time a month for a few days and it’s been great!! The holiday season just finished and I ate like a slob and gained weight BUT I just got off my period..so I am hoping that weight gain isn’t the P word!!! I’m going on a diet now to lose weight but this birth control is very good! When my boyfriend and I have sex he does not finish in me so the chances are close to none! I also am 20 years old and just paranoid of becoming pregnant it’s my biggest fear! So far so good though!"

cap656 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2018

For Acne "I’m going to go on a rant. This is terrible. Never have liked this at all. I had clear and perfect skin before taking this and now my skin is breaking out like never before. Also mood swings and emotions are out of control. I feel like I’ve also experienced a little bit of weight gain because my appetite increased with this stuff so that’s also something to be weary of. I’m switching after this. Avoid this birth control if you can."

Taylor Jackson (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this birth control. Before I started taking this pill, my periods usually were either on time or up to a week late. They would last for a week, and they were very heavy. I also experienced a lot of cramping. After I started this pill, my period has come every month at the same time like clock work. My periods now last roughly 3 days, and I don’t have any cramping symptoms anymore. I struggled with acne a lot through my teens and early twenties (2 rounds of Accutane), but now I have it mostly cleared up. This pill had no effect on my acne. I occasionally get one or two pimples a couple of days before my period begins."

BreB December 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I DO NOT recommend this birth control to anyone. Immediately after starting this medication I felt a complete shift in my emotions and I was constantly finding myself lashing out at my boyfriend and getting mad at every little thing which is nothing like myself. I had little to no acne before starting this pill and it caused me to start breaking out with cystic acne all around my mouth and chin. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because I didn't get pregnant the 7 months I've been on it. Other than that this pill is awful. My doc said to wait 6 months for the pill to completely balance out but I can't stand it anymore cause it's only getting worse. My depression and anxiety is at an all time high, and my relationship is now suffering"

simplyyyamy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I had a missed miscarriage almost 3 months ago and my body has been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things so my Dr. prescribed this pill. I'm only two weeks into it, and it is one of the best pills I've ever had. My fiancé has noticed that I become more irritable lately and I have a bit of acne, but my bloating and cramping has gone away, and I have had no problem with cravings or weight gain. I just increased my intake on water and I feel fine. So far I can tell that it is helping tremendously by regulating my cycles and hormone levels again. Everyone's body is different. Don't trust the reviews. Be open with your doctor and let them decide what's best for you."

KayEmMoo November 30, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is my third week on this pill . I have taken birth control before and it was all smooth sailing. But with this pill I feel miserable, I have been bleeding for 5 days (two weeks after my period) and I have been in a horrible mood! Not wanting to talk to anyone or do anything. I would NOT recommend this birth control. I’m stopping immediately"

A.P (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "This medication is the worst thing that ever happened to me. My pharmacy switched me over from Sprintec because they said it's the generic version with the same formula, that might be true on the label but it seems to react like it is completely different. I've never felt so sick off from a medication before, I have nausea every single morning I wake up and every other morning I will vomit. Sex drive is non-existent, (because I never feel good) acne weirdly increased when I switched? But that may just be due to lifestyle choices, not sure. All in all, this is the worst rubbish I've ever put into my body, if I could give it a zero I would."

kenz97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

For Birth Control "Do not used this. I was switched over by CVS off of Mononessa and it has been the worst thing for me EVER. I have been on Estarylla for about 4 months and I have gained about 20 pounds (keep in mind I run at least 10 miles a week along with weight training 5-6 times a week) so this weight gain is absurd. Along with the weight gain I spot for a week before my period, then my period lasts me a week. With Mononessa I would only have my period with no side effects for 5 days. Now here I am on Estarylla and I have become an emotional wreck and cry without any reasoning. Two weeks before my period I become so nauseous I cannot get out of bed. The bloating is absurd as well. Basically if you want to feel like crap then go ahead and take this."

emilyygracee November 20, 2017

For Birth Control "If you haven't taken Estarylla before, I'd recommend giving it a try. I've had pretty much no negative side effects other than a mild nausea after the first few pills in a new pack, and it's helped a lot with my acne. My periods are also significantly shorter and less severe than they were with no medication/other birth control. Looking at other reviews, this definitely doesn't work well for some people, but its been really effective for me."

Kathleen D November 18, 2017

For Birth Control "Horrible. I'm 5 feet and 2 inches and I should be around 108 pounds. Within 3 weeks this pill has made me EXTREMELY hungry like I've never been before. Also gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks! I would not recommend:("

Anonymous November 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm a mother of 2 after reading the reviews I can see where my irritability has been coming from with my kids. Other than that no issues"

Lovely90 November 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm on day 2 of taking this pill. First day was terrible. I felt foggy, anxious, my palms were clammy and I was very dizzy. My head felt like a balloon. It passed after I went for a run. Second day was worse. I was violently nauseated, same headache. The smell of certain foods made me sick. I vomited. Today is day 3 and I am seriously contemplating calling my GYN to switch. I don't want to be difficult and give up so quickly but if I have to feel like this daily I will gladly switch. I can't even perform my job duties properly because I'm constantly going to the bathroom. This pill is horrible."

Kitn (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For Birth Control "My PP thought I needed a higher dose of estrogen in my pill, so I was switched to this pill. I’ve been totally not myself recently. I have given this pill the suggested amount of time and I feel as though it’s getting worse. I’m EXTRA moody, unhappy, extremely irritable, zero patience, nauseous a lot of the time on top of already having acid reflux, anxious. About 10 days before my period, these symptoms flare tremendously. It affects my career and my relationships. It’s almost scary. I’m looking to get off of this pill ASAP. So not worth it!"

T333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I just stopped taking this birth control two days ago. I feel like I was going insane. I have done nothing but cry the past 3 days. I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 months and I am absolutely in love with him and this made me feel no emotions. I feel numb and insane. I can cry over everything and at first I didn’t realize why I was feeling this way and then I realized this was the cause. I felt nauseous in the morning the first few days, my skin did clear but I am not sure if it is due to the drug or my acne cream clindamyicin. This birth control should be taken off the shelves it has made me feel absolutely insane. My sex drive has decreased, probably due to my constant sobbing. I felt emotionally detached and numb. DO NOT TAKE."

KaileeD September 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 6 months, face is nice and clear, but that's it. I get anxiety and feel worried all the time and never can be truly happy or enjoy anything. I get shortness of breath just sitting down. There are times I feel like I will be having a heart attack and I am only 25 and healthy. Makes me so emotional at times, I just want to cry out of nowhere . For sure great at birth control , sex drive is gone, dryness and at time discomfort. Plus a 22 pound increase."

Jessharris September 8, 2017