User Reviews for Estarylla

Learn more about Estarylla.

Acne 4 reviews 562 medications

4.8
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 21 reviews 169 medications

3.8
Birth Control 78 reviews 305 medications

3.5
Summary of Estarylla reviews 103 reviews 4.0

Reviews for Estarylla

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec birth control that was great and then my pharmacy switched me to Estarylla. I started taking it and I have been so nauseous and vomited twice last night. I also had to stop my work out at the gym because I thought I was going to pass out or vomit. I do not recommend taking this BC if it has any of the same effects as it did to me!"

kamybell (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This medication does prevent pregnancy for me. It cleared my acne and made my periods lighter. However, it gave me mood swings, extremely sore nipples, high irritability, loss of sex drive and decreased my appetite. I've been miserable. I don't get cramps during my period but now during ovulation I get slight cramps. Every month I swear I'm pregnant because of the side effects but I get my period. I'm almost done with month 4 and I'm thinking of stopping."

Cutiecelly234 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different birth control pills in the past with 0 side effects from any of them. I trusted CVS when they switched my brand again to this one and didn't look up any reviews until now. After taking it for almost 2 weeks I have been extremely emotional and depressed. I've never had issues with depression before but this pill made me an emotional wreck. Every moment has been spent fighting back tears. I've also never had problems with my skin (maybe 1 pimple every month) and I now have 4 pimples on my face and some on my body and back. This birth control is the worst pill I have ever taken. Every person is obviously different in how they react but it's not worth the risk!!"

Zoed177329 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on this birth control for just one month. When I reached the final week of pills, my period was so heavy that I went through a super tampon almost ever 2 hours. Around the third day of this, I experienced abdominal pain so awful that I couldn't sleep. I ended up going to the hospital because I was passing large clots and I couldn't stand up without feeling extremely dizzy. This is was the first birth control I ever tried and needless to say, it was not a present experience."

dem42 June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control that I have ever used. I was switched to this when my pharmacy stopped carrying Sprintec. I experienced three and one half weeks of spotting and horrible cramping while on the pill. I did not experience these symptoms while on any other birth control pill."

dmhj74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was taking sprintec and never had any issue there. Then I moved and the new pharmacy gave me this generic one. I thought they would be the same and I was completely wrong. I took them for three nights just to get my body used to the change. Each night the pain got worse and worse. I was waking up at 2am with terrible abdominal pains and I could not stop throwing up. I stopped taking them yesterday and today my stomach is feeling a little better. I am now going to get back on sprintec."

PGA champion June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Tri-Estarylla for almost two weeks now. So far I don't have any complaints. I was hesitant at first with all the horrible reviews, but it's fine. I was on other generic birth control with the same ingredients so my transition to this one went well."

Rocky2727 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill because I no longer have health insurance and mine was hundreds of dollars and I am DYING for my new insurance to start because this pill is HORRIBLE!! I went from not having periods to having one every other week, pretty much diminishing my sex life with my boyfriend all together. If I'm not on my period then I'm in extreme abdominal and back pain. This is a nightmare."

BriF June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Well this did what it was supposed to do until it didn't. Started in June of last year and I never had any bad side effects except maybe mood swings. It helped regulate my period to where I got it at almost the same time every month and my period wasn't as bad as it used to be. I took this pill everyday (if I ever missed it it was only once, not multiple times in a row and I didn't miss it frequently. I probably only missed a pill three times from June last year to this March) and I also took it at the same time and I still got pregnant on it."

emilynmily June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm a 19 year old girl who after a pregnancy scare, decided to go on birth control. I was nervous getting back on it since I was on B-Yaz before and it was horrible for me. I got on this in late March and I haven't had much issue at all. I have diagnosed depression and anxiety, and haven't had an issue with it getting any worse. I have gained a little weight, but it's probably my eating habits and not the pill. My periods are one day of spotting, two regular days (only have to change my pad every 8 hours really) and another 2 days where I just wear a liner. My husband and I have been having completely unprotected sex except for the pill since, and have had no issues with the protection. Cramps are almost non-existent. Been great."

Kitty9769 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this pill for severe menstrual cramps (I've had to take a lot of ibuprofen daily to manage the pain) and to hopefully decrease the amount of clots I was passing (sorry...TMI...I know!) throughout my period which were very large, numerous, and painful. I am very pleased with the results.! After only one month the clotting and PMS symptoms have significantly decreased, the cramps are manageable, and I was able to function like a "normal" person at work on my cycle. I was apprehensive about Estarylla birth control of all of the bad reviews, but it has been a lifesaver for me! Sticking with this pill forever and ever! Amen!"

Noemi23 June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control to actually get pregnant because my periods are so irregular...I've literally gone 9 months without a period so as you can see no periods no babies...This birth control is horrible I've only been on it for 3 weeks now. I've had terrible mood swings acne break outs terrible cramping to the point of going to the hospital thinking something was wrong with me. Felt very nauseous and light headed and bad headaches. By the 3rd week I had clumps of hair coming out in the shower...I've never had any of these issues before. The only good I can give this is the fact that it made my period light and actually come on time."

TiaMarie (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about three or four months now. My doctor prescribed it because I was getting to the point where I was sexually active frequently and she said this one was good, and it is! for pregnancy prevention, at least. But, it has a few downsides. This medication makes me very prone to panic attacks, mood swings, and depressed states. When I start a new pack, I always get a little nauseous and I bloat easily. It's very on and off for period regulation. Sometimes I'm light, sometimes heavy, sometimes no period at all. That being said, my acne is gone and I'm not pregnant and my cramping is minimal. Does it's job, but not for everybody."

not pregnant yet May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "THIS MEDICINE IS THE DEVIL! If you want to feel paranoid, confused, like the worst bitch, anxious and destroy every relationship that's dear to you----> take this stuff! I guarantee at least u won't get pregnant! I smashed up and flushed all my pills today cuz I can't take this rubbish anymore! "

FABRIKMARGE May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birth control works great for a contraceptive though I was on it for my periods. The side effects is why I changed to a different pill. In the beginning I had a lot of break through bleeding but once it got into my system; it got better. I cried continuously for the first 2 weeks of every month with made me and everyone else around me angry. that's why I switched to a lower dose."

jackiegirl72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the first BC pill I've taken. My doctor put me on it after 8 weeks post partum. I've always had very regular 5 day periods. Heavyish for 3 days, and very light for 2. I've been on this pill for almost 3 weeks now. I spotted for the first week and then stopped completely for a couple of days. It has now been 10 days straight of pretty heavy bleeding with no end in sight. I use a menstrual cup which I have to change more often than on my heaviest days of my normal period. I just called my doctor to ask to switch to a new medication and the nurse told me it's just my period coming early and to finish out the pack of pills (3 active and 7 inactive "period pills"). So I will probably bleed for another 10 days, if not longer. Awesome."

Mandaa (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First birth control I have ever tried and I love it so far. I've been on it for a few months. I noticed on here it has a lot of negative reviews, like people say everyone's body is different. Just as insight I'm 19 years old and around 155 pounds. This birth control did not make me gain or lose weight. I noticed I haven't gotten as much acne since I started. My skin is almost completely clear. The only negative side effect that I really noticed and that my bf noticed as well is that I've gotten more irritable and emotional around the days I'm about to get my period, something that didn't happen to me before. Honestly this isn't a terrible side effect for me personally it's extremely bearable. I would definitely recommend this pill"

XxGioxX (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for almost a year and have had absolutely no issues. No acne, no nausea, no weight gain, no mood swings. Works for me"

Anonymous April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "For the first 3 months I experienced terrible cramps and extremely heavy bleeding but then again, before I started taking this BC, I was on my period for a month straight with terrible cramps and heavy bleeding as well. This BC does a good job regulating my period and around month 4, bleeding was a bit lighter and cramping was not apparent at all. I am now on month 5 and I have been breaking out more- lot of icky whiteheads on my cheeks not sure if its cause of the BC, but my period is extremely light and I have no cramps whatsoever. At first I hated Estarylla but now I adore it cause my body just had to adjust after 4 years of abnormal menstrual cycles and menorrhagia."

Dinosaurmotel April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This pill gave me a terrible hormone imbalance and made me break out terribly (never had a serious problem with acne). It gave me terrible cystic acne and scarring. Although this pill was not for me, everyone's body will react differently to the hormones."

Anonymous April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill actually made me depressed and anxious and nauseous to the point where I couldn't function. I took it for two years when I was first prescribed it because I never actually associated the symptoms to the pill until one day I brought up how I was nauseous all the time to my doctor and she recommended me switching pills. Once I got off this pill, I immediately felt happier and less anxious. It did prevent pregnancy, but literally whenever I would take even the tiniest drink of any kind of alcohol I'd be nauseous for the rest of the night. I recently took this pill again for a few days and these symptoms immediately returned. Never touching it again."

Jas3010 April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm at the Dr now to refill this birth control medication and I couldn't remember the name so I called my pharmacy and then googled it since I was waiting. I can't believe the bad reviews, but everyone's body is different. I've been on this BC for 2 years now, starting my third. I used to break out and I haven't had one pimple since starting this medication. I haven't gained any weight or experienced any type of emotional side effects. I love it and will continued using it."

Sherizie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This will be the 6th month I've been on Estarylla, but I'm going to stop taking it & find another birth control. Although it's done its job with preventing pregnancy, this certain pill makes me much more emotionally unstable. Before taking it I was a social & overall happy person but now I get upset over the most insignificant things, push people away, feel anxious/sad more often than I'm happy. :( It's even affected my relationship with my boyfriend bc he thinks I'm always sad around him but it's just this dang pill messing with my emotions! I know medications affect people differently, but from seeing the other reviews just be warned that this pill can increase depression, mood swings, anxiety, etc."

whyudodisestarylla (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Estarylla for about 3 weeks. I've had some nausea but not enough to actually puke. I used to get 4-5 pimples at a time but now I have none at all! I haven't gained any weight. Technically there's no reason why you can't skip the placebo week and skip your period but I like knowing for a fact whether or not I'm pregnant. I don't really have bad mood swings. My boyfriend and I were using the withdrawal method and condoms and tracking my fertility for a year and 3 months and now we don't have to do that! So overall I'd recommend at least giving this medication a chance because I was scared to death but it ended up being great for me, and I'm usually very sensitive to medication."

allisonnnnn April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for less then a month, I'm at the end of the 3rd active week and this whole week I been spotting and cramping and some discharge that I never had problems with before. I was on mononessa for almost 2 years previously, my pharmacy changed it without my consent they told me it was the same but its not. While on it the first week I got super depressed and was moody and its gotten worse now that its the third week I'm constantly annoyed and more moody then usual. I do take another script for PMDD that usually keeps my moods in line. But this birth control has screwed up with my balance all around. I can't wait to get back on mononessa for next month. I woudn't recommend this to any female who is overly sensitive& emotional"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017