User Reviews for Estarylla

Birth Control
3.4

Summary of Estarylla reviews 3.5 179 reviews

Reviews for Estarylla

For Birth Control "This oral contraceptive screwed with me. I took Sprintec for years followed by Mononessa. Never really had an issue. Walgreens recently switched manufacturers and now they carry Estarylla instead of Mononessa. With Estarylla I am itchy and severely nauseous, even to the point of vomiting. After 2 weeks or so I decided it wasn’t worth it and an off birth control for the first time in years until I find a new pharmacy that carries Sprintec or Mononessa."

5cully (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Mononessa for almost 2 years, loved it, then my pharmacy unbeknown to me, switched over to this Estarylla. It has now been 3 months. 3 days prior to my period and all throughout my period I have a severe headache, nausea, major stomach cramping and dizziness. My period does not start until 3-4 days into the iron supplements and lasts a few days into a new pill pack. I talked to my OBGYN and she suggest that I just start a new pack immediately after I end the old one instead of taking the iron pills and possibly avoid the side effects. I do not suggest Estarylla, this drug did not work well with my body"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was also switched off Mononessa and have suffered daily burning stomach pain. A prescription Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) is only partly helping. It’s a noticeably larger pill and that must be part of the problem."

Anonymous August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Originally I was on Mononessa for a year. I never really noticed any problems. I've always had acne and mood swings but I noticed a huge difference when Walgreens couldn't get this type of birth control anymore. They switched me to another kind of generic for Mononessa (not sure of the name) but still no big issue there. The next month they switched me to Estarylla, and that's when I noticed extreme nausea at the same time everyday, definite mood swings, lack of sex drive. Although, my face has never been this clearer. I still don't think it's worth it. They say that generics are all the same medications but it's simply not true! I would've remembered feeling this nauseous!"

Vane (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I thought I was crazy and I believed the assurance that estarylla was like my go to Mononessa and its so wrong. Thank you all for the reviews that make me know its not just me! Spotting weeks 2-3, acne, cramps/clotting horribly when on period, terrible mood swings, painful breasts for weeks. No more! Yeah I'm not pregnant its doing its job, but for all the insane issues over the last 3 months I may as well be. I feel like a crazy person."

Eas603 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "It has given me no problems other than a little bit of nausea and stomach discomfort. It treats me well. It’s very effective. I did notice my moods are a little swingy but as long as you’re around the right people it’s fine"

Tamara (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

"I was on Mononessa for about 6 months for my PCOS until my pharmacy suddenly handed me this pack, I read online they had the same doses so I didn’t mind about the change. Ever since I’ve been on Estarylla I’ve been getting TERRIBLE nausea and headaches about one week before my period, and the nausea persists until my period ends, this month I had those two symptoms with dizziness added. I have also been having terrible mood swings and I’ve been really irritated about small things. I will call my pharmacy in hopes to get Mononessa again because even though they have the same active ingredients in equal doses they are NOT the same for my body."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the pill for a month. I was originally on Mononessa for two years and loved it. I had no side effects on Estarylla besides my mood changing just a little. I did not gain weight, I didn’t feel nauseous, I had a minor headaches the first three days starting but I was like that on mononessa too and I did not breakout . My period just ended. I always get my period on a Wednesday (on the sugar pill) instead of the Sunday. My period lasted 4 days, ended on Saturday(yesterday)I just started the 2nd pack of this pill today. I’m gonna give it another month and see how my mood is. I’m normally a relaxed person but I’ve notice I wasn’t myself on this pill. It def works with preventing pregnancy. This whole month on it I was having unprotected sex with my partner. I got nervous reading the reviews but If this 2nd month goes well I’m going to stay on it !"

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "My obgyn switched me to this due to midcycle spotting on trinessa lo and it was also determined that triphasic pills give me frequent headache and migraine attacks. I have less to no headaches with consistent doses. So far, not liking this pill at all. Except the almost no headaches part. I have been on it 3 weeks and have had constant stomach aches with bloating and indigestion. Ugh. I have been getting stomach bloat and diarrhea every 2-3 days. Sorry for the TMI. Most days I have to push myself to eat. And also, this pill has a very bitter taste. I had some mid cycle cramping as well. I am due this month for my yearly. I will let my obgyn know and see if he will switch me back to safyral or try a 30 mcg dose of levonorgestrel. 20 mcg got to where it wasn't enough and this 35 mcg might be too strong. Not sure how my periods will be on this, but using bc pills to regulate and lighten my period. But if this pill is hard on my stomach, chances are I need a different one."

Cobaltbabe August 5, 2018

"I wish I had read these reviews before I started taking this. Horrible nausea, acne, and no sex drive after just a week. I didn’t even realize they were correlated until I decided to do a search of its side effects because I just left a party because I was so nauseated. I don’t recommend this at all."

Esy (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn't realize it initially, but it makes sense as to why my emotions have been extremely on haywire these past few months. I get uncontrollably angry at the slightest things and it makes me go on scary rampages for no reason. Then when I realize how angry I get, I breakdown and go into a depressing state. It's a horrible cycle. I feel like I've gain a bit of weight also. In terms of acne, I don't feel like it controls it very well either. Overall, I haven't seen any good side effects of this pill."

Stuu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "At first, the estarylla worked well and my skin was clear and I did not feel sick or moody. Then after three months, my skin started breaking out again and I started getting really irritable, like more than normal. Also my periods started being irregular again and would sometimes last for two weeks but would be light. I couldn’t take it anymore and had to switch birth control."

AJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for only 12 hours and I have the worst nausea ever. I took the pill at about 9 pm last night and didn't sleep very well but I did feel normal until about 7:00 this morning. I woke up with what feels like terrible morning sickness. I've been on the toilet with an upset stomach and I'm extremely nauseous. I'm nervous to even continue this medication because of how crappy I feel in just 12 hours of taking this medication!"

Ashx33 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Birth Control "First review I’ve ever posted about anything, but I felt like it was important to inform others. This pill was so horrible I could only take it for one day. I immediately was extremely nauseas for 6 hours, got terrible shakes and anxiety. Didn’t speak to my boyfriend the whole day and almost backed out at a dinner with my bestfriends because my anxiety and depression was so bad. All within 12 hrs of taking it. Which is not typical behavior for me. Not to mention my eyes and my mouth were so dry I could barely see driving with contacts. I know most reviews are negative but I felt as though people were more inclined to write bad reviews so I took it anyways, terrible mistake, definitely don’t recommend although I know everyone is different."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

"I was prescribed mononessa because I was diagnosed with BRCA1 and switching my birth control from the IUD to a pill was the best option for lowering my risk factors. Recently my pharmacy has been giving me Estarylla as an alternative which has had side effects that will raise my risk factors. Plus I've been having issues with the pills dissolving in my mouth before I can swallow them. It's really gross and makes me gag. I went to my pharmacist today to let them know of the problems I've been having and found out the reason why I haven't been getting Mononessa is because they can't be bothered to order it! I'm so upset right now. I made the pharmacist insure that I would only get Mononessa from now on and not this rubbish"

D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Birth Control "If I could rate this as a 0/10, I would. I was reluctant to take this after reading reviews on here, but my doc assured me it would be ok. WRONG. Within one week of taking this I would cry at the smallest things, I was extremely moody, I was nauseous ALL DAY, and I began to develop cystic acne. I have not once had a issue with any of these things until I started this birth control. I would not recommend this at all. It did prevent pregnancy, but the side effects were NOT worth it."

Collie9702 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went to go get my regular BC from my pharmacy about three months ago when I saw they put me on Estarylla. My periods now last longer than 2 weeks instead of the normal 5 days I am used to. Ladies trust me its not just you. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL WHATEVER YOU DO!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Started taking this medication a month ago and I can say I hate it. The pharmacy switched me birth control brand to this from Monenessa. I was confused why I was put on my until the pharmacist told me that day insurance switch brands. Within the first month of taking this brand I broke out in hives, every time I take it on an empty stomach or full stomach I feel nauseous like I'm going to throw up. And it's also change my mood swings. I would not recommend this pill for anyone not to mention broke out in acne as well. The brand I was on before worked wonderfully and I want to go back ASAP. On a lighter note this medication did make my menstrual cramps a whole lot lighter and I'm not as heavy of bleeding. I still want to go back to my old brand."

Kesha604 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I’m never one to write reviews, but this birth control is ruining my life! I was switched over to this generic version, & I’ve been on it for 2 months.....worst 2 months. I’m so moody, depressed, anxiety ridden, no confidence, SO tired, & no sex drive. Do yourself a favor & never take this."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Mononessa for two years and LOVED IT. Never had a side effect. When I got this one I was so nervous because of the reviews. I got sick over it. I’m on day 5 and so far so good. I leave for my cruise in two days and pray to god I do not get breakthrough bleeding. I’m cramping as if I’m about to get my period. But other than that I feel fine and I’ll post something once I’m done with month one ! It’s worth a shot, every body is different and people only ever post bad reviews ! So try it"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have currently gained the most weight I’ve ever had. I work out everyday because I am a collegiate D1 athlete so I know that I’m gaining weight from this pill. I feel nauseous everything while taking this pill. My period was even more painful than it has been before when I was on Monessa. Everyone is different but this pill is not for me. I will stop taking immediately so I can get back to my normal self."

Swimminggirl12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Same experience as everyone else: I was on Sprintec and then Mononessa and felt no side effects from either of those. Without warning, my pharmacy switched me to Estarylla and on the very first day of taking it, I noticed extreme side effects. It’s only been three days now but I suddenly have no energy, am incredibly moody, feel very depressed, and have no interest in talking to my boyfriend. Everything that made me happy the day before I started taking this medication suddenly no longer makes me happy. Even in just three days, I feel exhausted and like I’ve lost all interest in life. After reading these reviews and seeing all the similar experiences, I’ll be calling my pharmacy first thing in the morning to get off of Estarylla! The only good part about this pill is that I have zero desire to have sex (or even be around any other humans) so there’s no chance I could get pregnant!"

Nina (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking mononessa for about two years when my pharmacy switched me to estarylla without a heads up. I’ve only been on this new pill for 5 days and I already hate it. I have the most uncomfortable/painful constant itching on my vulva, paired with nausea every time I take the pill. I’ve been extremely on edge and grumpy. I can’t wait to switch. Would not recommend"

Zo (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on mononessa like most others and had gotten told that I have to now use estarylla. I’m going to disagree with some of you and I know everyone’s body is different, but this has actually made it better for my acne, and my face isn’t as dry. I’m not too worried about the whole birth control part even though I’m pretty sure it would do fine, but it's reducing my acne and doing really well on my skin (I have very sensitive skin)."

Lain (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me to Estarylla from Mononessa. On the first pack of pills I had breakthrough bleeding for 2 weeks. I’ve never had that before. During the second pack of pills I woke up with terrible pain in my left ovary. Turns out I have a 5.5 cm (size of a racquetball) cyst. I have also never had a cyst. My OBGYN to stop taking this immediately & switched me to the non generic."

Kiki (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018