User Reviews for Estarylla

Learn more about Estarylla.

Acne 3 reviews 528 medications

5.8
Birth Control 52 reviews 295 medications

3.3
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 16 reviews 169 medications

3.1
Summary of Estarylla reviews 71 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Estarylla

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a little over a year. It cleared my acne very well, it worked perfectly to prevent pregnancy (noted that I NEVER missed a pill and was NEVER more than 3 hours late.) I never had any negative side effects with this pill. Only thing that it did not solve was my awful period cramps. Did lessen my heavy bleeding, though."

keller1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "DO NOT USE THIS BIRTHCONTROL. Take it from one girlfriend to another- you can do better. This birth control has given me the worst experience I've ever had with mood swings. Sluggish and no energy. I gained 5 lbs. first week on it."

Mcl88 January 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "The first two months of use, I broke out bad. I read reviews that said this might happen as it's balancing everything out. I stuck with it. 14 months in and I'm a happy girl. Little to no cramping (used to be quite severe) 3-4 days of light bleeding and my skin is so happy! Occasionally get a pimple or two but absolutely no more cystic acne! My moods are balanced and haven't experienced weight gain. I didn't experience any nausea or abnormal pain. I'm 37 and this is the right pill for me."

Blsd555 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "My girlfriend just got done with her first week and she has had to take 2 days off of school so far because her cramps are so severe. Not to mention the highly abnormal bleeding leaves her woozy and without strength. I absolutely do not recommend at all! I implore you to look at other options and to tell your doctor no if he mentions this brand what so ever"

My Girlfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking this on December 28th of 2016 or so... I was on my period for an entire month and it was extremely heavy with blood clots, the bc cleared it up about 5 days later. For that I love it, I had no side effects until my period started this week. I have very bad cramps, much like the ones I had when my period was more regular, and I've been passing large blood clots and have had heavy bleeding. To cut my period short, I'm starting my next pack. Honestly, a really cruddy week long period is better than a pretty cruddy month long period so I'm happy"

Kimani is Super Cool January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have only been on Estarylla for a month and I am having nothing but issues. I go to the gym regularly and eat a healthy diet and I have done nothing but gain weight. I feel swollen and bloated constantly and I have headaches almost every day. It was given to me as the generic for Sprintec (which was amazing) and I can't believe how different they are. I am emotional and on edge all of the time. I don't even want to know what my period will feel like if this is what I am going through already. I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through this even for just a birth control. I do not recommend Estarylla at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Since starting this medication I've had horrible nausea and the need to drink a lot of water. I thought maybe I'm becoming diabetic since diabetes make you feel so thirsty but we have glucose meters and its always in normals ranges 90-120 yet I feel like I haven't drank water all day and my lips are dry and chapped. I called my OBGYN to get it changed but they claim its not a side effect from the pill and I haven't seen this side effect on here. But what a coincidence that I decide to stop taking Estarylla (spelling) pill and I'm not compelled to drink as much water as I did when I was taking it. I don't recommend it."

Dehydrated Debbie January 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've taken many different types of birth control trying to find the right fit. I saw good reviews for Sprintec so I was going to go with that, but my doctor gave me the generic instead which is Estraylla. I've only been on it a month and I'm nearing the last week of my pack. I haven't eaten for 3 days because I feel so sick, I've thrown up for the past 2 days as well. I haven't had sex since I started this pill because my sex drive is totally gone. This is seriously the worst birth control I've been on I can't even finish the pack I feel so sick and anxious all the time. Do NOT get this birth control. There are a million different ones out there that are so much better."

shelbs1123 January 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "When first taking this medication, I threw up the first few days of taking it. Through the months I have experienced excruciating pain 2-6 hours after taking it. I normally take it around 11 or 12, right before bed. so between 1 and 6 in the morning, I am waken up by the pain. It's an aching pain with nausea. it is about once or twice a month, but when it occurs, it is unbearable! It lasts for about an hour or until I can fall asleep in the fetal position (the only thing that lessens the pain.) I am not allergic to anything nor sensitive to foods, so I am sure it is not related to consumed foods. It does have some positives. I ALWAYS receive my period on the same day and am not pregnant. So it does what it was intended for!"

oliviac January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Honestly, I really enjoy this pill. When I first read the reviews I was terrified, but I still went through with taking this pill for the first few months. In the first month I found myself getting slightly nauseous every time I took the pill and that I was getting moodier. but after the first few weeks, everything balanced out and I'm completely fine. i'm sexually active and my partner and i have unprotected sex regularly. no baby here! i'm currently on my fourth month taking it and i feel fine. i've had no significant changes in acne (actually, i think it's improved my skin), my weight has stayed the same, my mood is under control, and my libido is the same as it's always been. just wanted to leave a good review here for estarylla."

eimine (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "My pharmacy replaced Sprintec (the best birth control) with estarylla because they said it was the same formula. I have been on it for about 10 months now and I gained 10 pounds. After reading reviews, I realized it has made me moodier and made my anxiety worse. But hey I never got pregnant... If you have any sort of anxiety/depression, this is not the pill for you. I just got prescribed a lower dose of birth control called Lo Loestrin Fe, so we will see how that goes"

asfsdfsadf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst birth control I've ever been on! Within four months I found myself feeling irritable and crying constantly. I had heavy breakthrough bleeding and totally lost my appetite. Be wary of taking this medication, it's really not worth all the side effects."

Mommatosophia December 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm so happy I found this because it makes so much sense now. I've taken a couple different brand birth controls since I was 18. I am now 26 and started Estryalla this year when my insurance changed. I used to think I'm just moodier (if that's a word) cause for all sorts of reasons. However after reading these reviews I now know it could be from these pills. My boyfriend has been telling me all along its the pills but I didn't believe him. I would definitely change from this current bc because it's not what I expected. I also have break through bleeding with this and heavier/longer periods."

melj1 December 13, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "First time taking Estaryella and it is not good. I started taking birth control to help with my cramping I get in my thighs only, I'm not sexually active, no kids. First day of taking the pill yesterday, it helped my mood swing's but brought on the cramping and made it worse. Very intense pain. Will probably go to doctor to switch if it doesn't get better. Worst 1st time birth control using experience."

RacquelB33 December 6, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "So I'm on my second pack of this bc & I love it. The first week or so I was nauseous & did throw up, it felt like motion sickness but it only happened twice. No weight gain & have a ton of energy. Only reason I'm taking bc is for hormonal acne & let me tell you this stuff works!! I was on previfim before & nothing.. only made me break out worse. Only thing is on previfem I had NO period it was like spotting & on this bc its a bit heaver but nothing like my regular flow."

Yahaira1994 December 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had a horrible experience on this birth control. After reading the reviews I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't research it before I started taking it. I took the pill 2 months and experienced severe mood swings, nausea/vomiting, head aches, and spotting. It was a dark brown color and I stopped taking the pill after that experience and because of the mood swings. I would also cry constantly, I initially thought it was due to stress but since I stopped taking it I haven't cried once. I haven't been taking the pill for two weeks and I have NOT experienced the above side effects. I know everyone's body is different and after showing my boyfriend these reviews we both are happy that I'm not the only one who experienced these side effects."

DD2016 December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "After I started taking this medicine I started having crazy anxiety after my baby was born!!! I am the type to not take bc before preg so when the obgyn gave me this he told me to take it because you're real fertile. So then I got put on anti depressants but at the same time my anxiety had not gone away and also my blood pressure was getting higher!!! I decided to stop taking this medication after reading these reviews and wow I can't believe so many people have this experience! My first day off it and I'm starting to feel like myself and my blood pressure is getting to a normal level! This medication is dangerous!!!!"

June16mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The worst birth control I have ever been on in my entire life! I'm extremely glad I found this site so I can see that other women are experiencing very similar side effects as I am! Due to an MRI I had to get done bc of a car accident my doctor was able to detect a nodule in my liver, I immediately got it checked out. It seems that the birth control caused fatty tissue to develop on my liver. My doctor wants me to get off the pill once I finish with this months batch. Since I've been on this pill for almost a year, I get non stop bleeding that looks like a brown dried up color and it'll continue for the whole month until I get my period. I get mood swings nausea and loss of appetite.If you feel like something is no right please reach out to your GYN!"

U.A November 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for about a week and every morning I'd wake up with a headache I caught myself always having an attitude and when im alone I'd just cry for no reason I wouldn't take this pill"

Jana Lenard November 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started Estarylla four months ago to regulate my periods. I was having a period every two weeks. The first month I took it I bled for an entire month. When I called the obgyn, I was advised to give it three months to regulate my period.Now my period has become erratic and lasts longer than 7 days. This past period started two weeks ago and ceases to let up. Along with prolonged periods I have experienced stomach nausea,vomiting,anxiety, and extreme mood swings.I plan to visit my OBGYN soon to discuss new options. This is my first time experiencing a negative reaction to birth control."

A.W (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "The worst BC ever.I have just used it for 3 days and I have headaches and I threw up every single day.Do nothing other than sleeping like a log.This medicine was prescribed to control the abnormal bleeding I had and guess what I have the bleeding + these extra bonuses.Hate this medicine to death.Iam a person with no allergies to anything I know as of now.My body is pretty strong while other people around fall sick I remain totally unaffected.I will rate this medicine a negative not even a zero"

Roshni786 October 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "It works well as a birth control however I have been on different forms of ortho tri cycle for 10 years and the insurance company just recently switched me to this after I had my daughter. I have NEVER had any side effects from any other pill but these make me nauseous and lightheaded about a half hour after I take them and it lasts all day. I've tried taking them with food, water, at night. Nothing helps. Privifem and spritec were SOOO much better."

Alex31 October 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I thought I was losing my mind, but per these reviews, I think my suspicious are founded. I've been on Estarylla for ~6 months as my pharmacy replaced this with the Sprintec I've been taking for about 6 years now. Never any issues with Sprintec, it was by far my favorite BC. This BC is the worst I've ever had. I've had months with break-thru bleeding (like 3 weeks of bleeding vs at most 1...), I've put on about 10 lbs, I have no desire to do anything but eat and not workout (not like myself AT ALL) and no libido. I called my OB/GYN and she immediately suspected the BC. I will be switching back to Sprintec per her "dispense as written" on my prescription. Ladies, heed the warnings of the others and myself, do not take this pill..."

shoregirl86rx October 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control for a few years now they had me on Previfem before but switched to Estarylla about a year ago saying it was the same thing I take the 0.25mgs. I suffer from manic depression, anxiety and insomnia so I never thought anything else was making it worse until just recently I thought about how the week of green pills that are non-hormonal maybe effecting my mood. The past year has been so bad for my mental and physical health due to intense fatigue, mood swings, anxiety over the smallest things and insomnia which then reacts to my body being tired and makes me restless. After reading how many reviews have the same pattern as my experience I'm going to set an appt. with my OBGYN asap and hopefully find a better option"

EmilyyAnn October 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 years with 0 side effects. It's effective in that I've never become pregnant. I haven't experienced mood swings like everyone else posted about. I never get breakouts. The only reason I've gained 10 lbs in the last 3 years is from crossfit and it was muscle. I have absolutely no complaints with Estarylla."

I like this birthcontrol (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2016