User Reviews for Estarylla to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Estarylla has an average rating of 3.3 out of 10 from a total of 55 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 15% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Estarylla Rating Summary

3.3/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Estarylla

L.A.bubbles · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2019

“I started out with Sprintec and everything was fine unless I missed a dose. I got switched to Estarylla and I’ve been bleeding for 4-5 months now. When I first started the Estarylla, I wasn’t bleeding then after awhile I just started bleeding everyday, NONSTOP.”

Dixie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

“When I was reading these other reviews, they made me so scared I almost didn't take this pill. Don't let them scare you. I have had a great experience so far. I was originally on Tri-Lo-Marzia but I started spotting out of nowhere for a few months, so my doctor switched me to a pill with a higher dose (Estarylla). My spotting went away within the first 4 days of the new pill and it hasn't come back. I've had no weight gain, some moodiness when I was adjusting and my skin has majorly cleared up. Also, my other pill made me super anxious around the time I started spotting and Estarylla has really helped me feel calmer. So, just remember that everyone's body is different so if you don't try the medication you won't know how it effects you. Don't be scared of Estarylla!”

Kk · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

“I’ve been on birth control pills for the last 10 years and never once experienced break through bleeding until switching to Estarylla 3 months ago (I had been using Spintec for the majority). I’m now on my 9th week of non-stop bleeding. My mood swings and depression haven’t been this bad in years. I’m going to my doctor next week to talk about getting a different kind of birth control all together (probably an IUD) because this experience has been rather traumatic for both my body and mental health. Please stay away from this brand of birth control pills.”

Holmes · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2021

“Insurance wouldn't cover the usual so I was given this one. Well only one week and I feel crazed. Heart rate off, breathing labored, sweats, fatigued but can't sleep, super restless. And on day 7 I said - its this pill. Mind you also bleeding on it. Never have I ever had side effects from birth control but this one makes me just feel off. Looked up anxiety and boom all my symptoms. This pill made me super anxious. I am done. No more for me.”

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2019

“I started this birth control 3 weeks ago & I have been bleeding EVERY SINGLE DAY since! My mood swings are horrible, lets just say I'M DONE! I refuse to wait it out, switching to another method asap! Would not recommend!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

“This has been the worst experience! I am 39 and just got put on birth control for the first time due to PCOS. I took Junel for 3 months with no major side effects other than almost constant bleeding so I was switched to this to control the bleeding. I’ve taken this for one week and can’t get out of bed. I’m getting hot flashes/chills and very nauseous. I have no appetite and thinking about food make me gag. I’ve alternated between constipation and diarrhea. My anxiety is through the roof and it takes effort to leave my house. I get dizzy/shaky and feel faint every day and my heart is racing. I am going to stop taking this and hope I can get back to normal.”

BMS · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2020

“Well, I am really glad I came on here to see I wasn't the only one with the experiences I have been having. So, I decided to add my comments in as I was trying to use Estarylla for abnormal bleeding. I initially would pretty much bleed weeks out of the month, granted some weeks lighter than others, so the doctor recommended this brand. It was not effective for my problem (actually bleeding more) and the side effects it gave me scared me. I became severely depressed, crazy mood swings, sex drive dived down to zero, and weight gain. I am 42 years old, unsure if age is a factor with this birth control pill but....”

d January 20, 2021

“I’ve been on this Estarylla birth control for about 5 months now and for 3 of those 5 months I have not stopped bleeding. Would not recommend this pill. My doctor never made it apparent to me the awful side effects.”

AB · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2021

“I’ve been on this birth control for 4 days and that is all I’m giving it, my headaches have been so intense I just cry, I sleep so much more , and I’m always hungry. And even better I started bleeding as soon as I was popped the first pill in my mouth, and I’m talking about heavy bleeding , clots ! Soaking through pads and tampons within a hour or less. Please ladies. Stay away from this .”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2020

“I really don't like this pill. I feel sick all the time . Headaches blurred vision motion sickness hot flashes and depression . My vagina is always dry and itchy . I am soo sick to the point of leaving work and laying in bed all day . The weight gain is horrible . I was on it for Period control”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

“I was put on this Estarylla birth control pill after a long 2 month period and ovarian cyst . It stopped my period almost immediately! I’ve been on Estarylla For three months now and the worst side effect I’ve experienced is weight gain. My period is also more heavy and painful than usual but honestly I will take that over two months of non-stop bleeding .”

lilmac · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

“My whole life I’ve had irregular periods and without having some guidance, I didn’t seek medical help until now because I had abnormal bleeding (I bled for 2 months straight). My doctor told me to take Estarylla for the next 3 months to see how it would effect my flow. Once I started taking it, it immediately helped slow down and stop my flow. 2 weeks later, my period came back but I expected it to because the birth control is to regulate my period. I had my period for way longer than I’ve ever had it (typically have it for 5 days and then I’m good but this time it lasted a week and a half). Then I got a 4 day break and my period came back AGAIN. Called my doctor to ask what to do and all I was told was this is normal. This medication also gives really bad gas and stomach pains, acne and mood swings. DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING.”

Megan · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2018

“This was THE WORST birth control I have ever taken. I was previously on MonoNessa which I loved, but then was switched to this generic. I never had an issue with abnormal bleeding (been on MonoNessa about 6 years) and am on an SSRI so my mood is pretty stabilized. However, about 5 months into this generic I had the worst month of my life. I bled CLOTS of blood for a month straight and had to go to the doctor. Additionally, I felt so depressed all the time and had suicidal thoughts almost daily, even when taking my SSRI. I recently switched to a new birth control and feel 100X better. This birth control was awful. Would not recommend for anyone.”

anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2020

“I started Estarylla 3 months ago due to prolonged bleeding caused by my previous pill. Estarylla stopped my month and half long period almost immediately. Unfortunately, this is only good thing that I've found since being on the pill. I have severe nausea and vomiting weekly, loss of appetite, extremely sore, swelling breasts but no change in size, spotting, heavy bloating and MOOD SWINGS. Little things seem to make me irritated and angry. It seems like the side effects are beginning to die down going into the 4 month but it's hard to tell. The only reason it has 3 stars is because it stopped my prolonged bleeding and I'm not pregnant. I will not continue use if my body doesn't adjust soon.”

sdc425 · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“This was my first time getting on the pill. My Dr put me on Estarylla and everything just went downhill from there. I was aware of the side-effects, granted this is my first time being on the pill. But, I have never felt so awful in my life. By the 3rd week, I have hit a wall with depression, so uncomfortably bloated, tons of nausea that never went away and abdominal pains. I finally called and told them what’s up, and they are wanting to switch me to Sprintec. Everyone’s body’s are different, but Estarylla made me feel the lowest of lows.”

Anonymous July 26, 2019

“I was a little excited to say the least but nervous since I haven’t been on any medications since my tubal ligation 6 years prior. Within the first few weeks I was already bleeding. I bled for 9 weeks straight. It was miserable and then if to make things worse, I wanted to take out everyone around me for about 5 weeks. I had extreme anger issues, depression, my skin was breaking out. Talked to my doctor many times and was told to give it a little time to see how I adjusted. After 6 months I decided I couldn’t take it anymore. I would have times that were okay but I often felt like rubbish on this pill. The last straw was when I started a new packet of pills. I was fine the first week, started bleeding mid 2nd week and by the third week I was passing large blood clots for days and then I got my period the 4th week. This pill isn’t for me and now I’m starting something new. Hoping for better results!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2018

“I went to go get my regular BC from my pharmacy about three months ago when I saw they put me on Estarylla. My periods now last longer than 2 weeks instead of the normal 5 days I am used to. Ladies trust me its not just you. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL WHATEVER YOU DO!”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

“Stay away from this pill. I NEVER have side effects from any birth control I've taken in the past. I was switched to Estarylla and took it for maybe 2-3 months and I have been bleeding for a week and a half now, who knows how long it'll last.”

Not happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

“I used to take Sprintec, but the pharmacy isn't carrying it now I believe. I started taking this generic which is suppose to be the same and the first month was ok, my period was shorter than normal, we get to month 2 and my period starts up on week 2 of the pack. I am now on month 3 and my period started up again midway they week 1, I haven’t stopped bleeding. So for the whole entire month of January I have had to stock up on supplies because my period hasn't stopped at all. I want to sleep all the time, I already have issues with my depression and anxiety and I’ve noticed since starting the birth control I am a little bit more on the edge. Would not recommend anybody take this pill.”

Sad · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“INTENSE MOOD SWINGS on Estarylla. That take a few months to level out. I had to be put back on antidepressants, but different ones that wouldn't interact with the drug. I've also been bleeding for over a month now and I've been on the Estarylla pill for about 5 months. My face is clear though. Not pregnant so I guess it's doing its job ??”

Cp · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2018

“Could not say enough bad things about this medicine!!! Abnormal bleeding, oily skin, mood swings, head aches, weight gain, racing heart, shortness of breath, cramping, night sweats and nausea just from taking this pill for less than a month. Do not understand why anyone is even getting prescribed this pill especially after reading all the reviews I’ve read on it. Absolutely ridiculous!!”

dem42 June 26, 2017

“I was on this birth control for just one month. When I reached the final week of pills, my period was so heavy that I went through a super tampon almost ever 2 hours. Around the third day of this, I experienced abdominal pain so awful that I couldn't sleep. I ended up going to the hospital because I was passing large clots and I couldn't stand up without feeling extremely dizzy. This is was the first birth control I ever tried and needless to say, it was not a present experience.”

OverIt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2019

“This is supposed to be my second month on Estarylla, after not taking birth control for over 8 years. I’ve never experienced mood swings (although I’m naturally moody) on any birth control until now. Estarylla has made me so depressed, I constantly had headaches (and I very rarely get headaches), and the bleeding this month was insane. I was passing blood clots the size of my fist and went to the ER because I was so worried. They said everything was fine and I wasn’t prescribed anything to stop or slow the bleeding.... but I know that this isn’t normal. Gonna find a new birth control because Estarylla is not the answer FOR ME. I started taking because I was having bleeding between periods for a few months, and I wanted to be more regular. This did regulate cycle but I’d rather be irregular than have the massive amount of bleeding that I did on my cycle.”

Rose · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 6, 2019

“I started taking Estarylla after my pharmacy (or doctor) switched me from Mononessa. I was upset at first because I really liked Mononessa since I didn’t have any bad side effects but after about 8 months, I’m still doing pretty good with Estarylla. I have iron deficiency anemia so I started using it to control my flow and my periods went from 7 days, all pretty heavy to about 5 days with only the first 2 being heavy. I haven’t noticed any weight gain outside of me being lazy, no aches and obviously not pregnant which is a nice little bonus. I do take it at the same time everyday, I don’t mind it. I would recommend at least trying it bc thankfully when you’re on the pill, you can just stop taking it without having to schedule a removal or remove anything yourself.”

Funnyface12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“I was prescribed the Estarylla pill to control my bleending on December 9th. I was told to take 3 daily and then 2 for two days. Then 1 until the pack is all gone. I’ve had abnormal bleeding and my periods are irregular. This was supposed to help. I’ve had nothing but brown and black blood. I’m constantly wearing panty liners. Acne is starting to occur. I thought I was pregnant because my cycle was supposedly late. I’ve bought over 30 pregnancy tests all gave me false positives. The blood work said I wasn’t. It’s all a big headache NEVER AGAIN!! Find something else. It’s made me nothing but emotional more than I’ve ever been. My dr doesn’t know why I’ve had false positive pregnancy tests. I’m just annoyed”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding