User Reviews for Estarylla to treat Birth Control

Estarylla has an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 302 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 23% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 68% reported a negative effect.

Estarylla Rating Summary

3.5/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Estarylla

Cd · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

“Hi! Im 20 and started early January. I read the reviews on here and became TERRIFIED. But I did it anyway just because I wanted to experience it myself. I love it! This is my first time ever taking birth control and EVERYONE is different. The only side effect I get is diarrhea or gasses in my stomach every now and then and they aren’t really big symptoms. I don't get cramps and I don't get nauseated which I was scared of getting. My husband and I have regular sex almost daily. My acne has cleared up and I don’t really get moody either. The only time I recall is I felt sad one time. I have experienced and went through postpartum depression the first 3 months with my now 6 month old. So again. TRY IT because you’ll never know. Most people review because they had a bad experience. Never when they have a good.”

CoolMagneta · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2021

“Honestly I’ve been on this for about a month an a half now and my skin is super clear, my period is a tad off but I’ve also LOST weight!!! I was super worried about taking it with all of the reviews, so don’t knock it till you try it!”

Yes!Yes!Yes! November 21, 2020

“Hello ladies! I read another review on this specific birth control, and it said that most times people go into extreme reviewing because of a bad experience. I've never taken birth control and I was terrified to try such a high dosage with more bad reviews than good. I have NOT experienced ANY side effects. I have actually been more energetic, I used to have terrible morning sickness and it's went away completely. No more heavy cramps!! I have more of a sex drive than I ever have had before. I'm horny so much more. The first time I orgasmed taking this pill I had the most cosmic orgasm I have ever had. LADIES!! Try this, and even though I've been on it only a week, I would have had the worst of it by now because of my body never have taken a to birth control. Much love girls, and if you want a happy and healthy sex life with zero side effects, CHOOSE ESTARYLLA!”

Girl22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2021

“I was on Sprintec for 9 months before I was randomly switched to Estarylla. I had zero issues with Sprintec. After renewing my prescription, my pharmacist gave me Estarylla instead of Sprintec and assured me that this is the same thing just with a different name. It took me two months of taking Estarylla to realize that my body was not adjusting to these pills. They might be similar to Sprintec, but something is different enough for my body to experience all kinds of side effects I didn’t experience before. My anxiety increased significantly and I have been experiencing a lot of anger and agitation. My skin and hair is extremely oily each day, I am painfully bloated after eating, my stomach is almost always upset, and I have gained weight despite a loss of appetite. So far it has done its job in preventing pregnancy, but it has also caused my sex drive to decrease. Estarylla is great for some people and everyone is different, but it’s definitely not “the same” as Sprintec.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 15, 2020

“DO NOT TAKE THIS!! I have been trying to figure out what was wrong with me for over a year. Never once did it occur that it was the birth control I am taking, but I finally came to the realization. I never had these issues prior to taking this pill. I have developed anxiety, depression, my joy for life is gone, I have absolutely no sex drive, its like there is a dark cloud over me, I am unmotivated and tired, the list goes on. I'll take acne and painful periods any day over what I have experienced over these last few years because of this pill. I wish I had known this before I started. I was young and had no clue. Was very uninformed. I hope this helps someone else. Do not do it. It is not worth it at all!”

Cougars12 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2021

“Never in my life have I been depressed or had anxiety or any type of mental health problems until I started this pill. It didn’t happen right away but it’s slowly crept up on me, and I always had mood swings and I would cry over the smallest things. I felt very unmotivated and just like I was always sad. I knew that the way I was feeling had to be because of this pill, since I had never felt like this in my entire life. Honestly it’s not worth it at all I do not recommend for anyone to take this pill. Please prioritize your mental health!”

Vivianne · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2021

“I was scared to try this after reading the comments here but this is what my gyno prescribed me and I trusted her recommendation. I took this everyday as prescribed and I didn't have a problem. I haven't gotten pregnant so it works. I do feel like my sex drive is lower but its been on the decline since before I got on the pill so I’m not sure if I can blame it on that. I didn’t experience mood swings like others have shared. One thing to note is that I have gained a significant amount of weight- I tend to go up and down in weight (I've always struggled with this) so again not sure if I can blame that on the pill. Overall I would recommend it because I haven't gotten pregnant and i didn't experience negative side effects.”

Elle February 4, 2021

“Reading these other reviews make me question my experience with this birth control because I have anxiety and depression. However, I have struggled with this all my life and I can't say for sure that Estarylla has impacted these things for me. I've taken this birth control for over two years and I have a very high sex drive along with clear skin! My experience has been overwhelmingly positive but I wish there was more education about the possible physical and mental side effects of these medications.”

CV chick · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2021

“Like many of the other ladies I was on Femynor and my pharmacy switched me to this because they were out. I noticed the change almost immediately by day 4 I threw the pack away. My husband noticed that I was easily angered, was crying for everything and seemed depressed. I had tried them about 2 years ago and had the same problem. Every body is different but I'm sharing my experience because the pharmacist made it seem as if I was crazy. You know your body!”

Sam May 25, 2020

“This is the worst birth control of all time. By the 4th pill I was fatigued, crying all night, and had some very dark thoughts. Threw them away the next morning. I highly recommend never coming near these pills.”

Ann · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2021

“I’ve been on estarylla for about 3-4 months. I have tried to give my body time to adjust to this pill but I really am not a fan. I have horrible mood swings, worsening anxiety & depression, spotting, cramps, bloating, and nausea after taking the pill - sometimes to the point where I throw up. The only “pro” is that I’m not pregnant. Can’t wait to get off this medication.”

it's not bad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2021

“After reading all of these negative reviews I am shocked! I have been on 3 different birth control pills and have stuck with Estarylla. I am on it for acne purposes and it really has cleared up my skin and kept it that way for about a year now. Before taking this pill I was always irritable, moody, and depressed. I have felt very happy ever since taking it and my periods are never irregular and very light! I have gained a bit of anxiety from it though. Overall I think it is great especially for acne.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2020

“I really didn't like this Estarylla birth control. I was initially on Femynor (LOVE) but one day I picked up my prescription and I was given Estarylla. I called my Gyno and the nurse said it was a generic brand and shouldn’t effect me much, but it was AWFUL. I was on it for two months. I probably didn’t give time for it to settle in, but Femynor never gave me this many issues so early on. I was very depressed, unmotivated, broke out, tired, experienced a lot of anxiety attacks, and super nauseated. I know everyone is different, but for me it was the worst. My period went rather smoothly, I will say, but other than that, AWFUL! I recommend Femynor 10/10”

Nii July 9, 2021

“I have started Estarylla in July 7th 2021. It’s been two days and it’s making me sick to my stomach. I feel horrible. I’m constant nauseous & can’t even stand to eat or drink anything. Hopefully this get better”

banana · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

“I will say, I was very hesitant to try this after reading all of the negative reviews, especially since this was the first time I've ever been on birth control, but keep in mind that not everyone reacts the same to medication and contraceptives. I am currently on my 4th pack and my period starts at the same time every month and is a lot lighter and I also don’t cramp as bad as I used to. As far as the birth control aspect of it, it definitely works if used correctly. On my first pack, I did experience a little bit of nausea and mood swings but now that I’m used to it being in my system, I don’t experience any side effects. I recommend it”

CalGirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 31, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill Estarylla for 3 years. It was the generic form Ortho Tri Cyclen. This pill has caused me severe depression, brain fog, a feeling like a heavy darkness over my life with suicidal thoughts, anger and aggression, and migraine headaches. I’ve had severe anxiety, constipation, stomach pain. When I’m off for the 7 day placebo tablets I feel the best, but then I start the new pack Sunday and the cycle starts again until the end of the pack. This product should be discontinued. I did clear up my skin and prevent pregnancy but it hasn’t been worth it.”

vale · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 7, 2021

“Wow these reviews are scary. I’ve been taking this birth control for about 6-7 months and it never affected me that bad. I will admit the first few months you feel a little dull but that’s just because of new hormones in your body. Hair never fell out or anything instead it grew crazy long at least 7 inches. It never affected me in a negative way or made me gain weight, it actually made me lose a few 3 pounds and if anything made me more mature . At the end of the day birth control no matter what brand affects everybody in way different ways but for me this didn’t affect me terribly or anything if anything I was doing amazing on it .”

Beck May 7, 2021

“I started this pill exactly 1 month ago and I absolutely love it. I've been on birth contol twice before and Estarylla is definitely my favorite one. The only side effect I’ve had is being emotional towards boyfriend & friends, nothing extreme. I haven’t noticed any weight gain or loss. I see everyone is having different reactions to this pill but it totally works for me!”

Veronica · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2019

“DONT READ THE REVIEWS!!!!! the pill works so different for everyone’s body. I was on Loestrin Fe for around 6 months before I started Estarylla. On the Loestrin I experienced awful depression that I didn’t even know was possible from birth control. In the first week of starting Estarylla I felt 100x better and still feel waaaayyy happier. While on my first pill I read the reviews on this website and started sobbing my eyes out freaking out that Estarylla was going to be the death of me. The only bad thing I've experienced on this medication is extremely heavy irregular bleeding, but I realize it’s still the first month so it should get better. Birth control works WAY different on everyone’s body so don’t let these reviews freak you out!!!!”

BB November 29, 2019

“This is my first BC experience. I went to the doctor and she prescribed Sprintec but the pharmacy gave me Estarylla. I went along with it. The first month was pretty awful, so I assumed all the bad reviews were true. My period lasted two whole weeks. It wasn't just spotting, it was medium to heavy flow. I was cramping every day as well. I decided to keep trying it because it was my first time ever taking birth control, so I blamed it on my body not being familiar with it. I'm glad I stuck it out because the second and third month have been perfect. Absolutely no spotting, my period was only 4 days and it was lighter as well. Not as bad of cramps like I used to get. No abnormal weight gain. My skin isn't clearer, but it also isn't any worse (this may take a little longer to show results). As for mentally, there were a couple of days I felt a little more angry than normal, but it wasn't anything I couldn't control. Sex drive didn't change. It has also been an effective birth control.”

Shannyn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 27, 2019

“I took Mononessa for years and never had a problem. One month my pharmacy gave me Estarylla and I immediately noticed a difference. When I called my doctor to let her know I didn't want the Estarylla and wanted the Mononessa back like I've always had they just acted like I didn't know what I was talking about since it is "basically the same drug". Once Mononessa was taken off the market my doctor started prescribing me Estarylla on the regular. It does what it needs to when it comes to birth control but the side effects are absolutely awful. I have major nausea, headaches, and depression when taking this birth control. I also found it had heavily decreased my sex drive and has given me severe mood swings. I quit taking the drug for a month or two and all symptoms went away. I don't think I'll ever take it again after I finish this month.”

eimine · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2017

“Honestly, I really enjoy this pill. When I first read the reviews I was terrified, but I still went through with taking this pill for the first few months. In the first month I found myself getting slightly nauseous every time I took the pill and that I was getting moodier. but after the first few weeks, everything balanced out and I'm completely fine. i'm sexually active and my partner and i have unprotected sex regularly. no baby here! i'm currently on my fourth month taking it and i feel fine. i've had no significant changes in acne (actually, i think it's improved my skin), my weight has stayed the same, my mood is under control, and my libido is the same as it's always been. just wanted to leave a good review here for estarylla.”

Mel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2019

“This is the first birth control pill I’ve ever been on and I was a little scared when I read the reviews on Estarylla. Now I’m on month 6 and everything stayed normal or improved. My weight did not change at all that I am aware of, might be since I do workout 5x a week and/or have a “balanced” diet. At times I notice that my boobs might be a lil bigger than usual, but I believe it may be part of natural “pmsing”. My periods got so much lighter, usually last 4-5 days at most and only the first day is a heavier flow. No cramps like I used to experience and no mood swings either. I only get very small spots of acne a week before my period but other than that my skin is clear all month! Haven’t had pregnancy scares either. ”

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2020

“This birth control put me in the hospital. A month in, i was continuously projectile vomiting, bloating, constipation AND diarrhea, extremely dehydrated, and the most intense stomach pains I have ever felt in my life. I have switched to Junel Fe and still have symptoms in my stomach. Birth control ruined my life.”

DTSW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

“I was taking Loryna for about 2 years with no issues. My doctor decided to switch me to Estarylla, and this has been the worst experience of my adult life. I immediately felt terrible after taking the Estarylla. I said that I would give it a few days for my body to start adjusting, but a month later my body did not adjust. I felt as if I was losing control of my life daily because of this medicine. My doctor thought it was a good switch, but because I know my body, I knew something was wrong. I tried taking it with and without food to see if that would make a difference. I also tried changing the time of day, to see if that would help. I still felt TERRIBLE! I was bloated, nausea and had the worst case of the jitters daily. I could barely finish a meal without feeling gassy and bloated. I was getting headaches daily and not to mention the fatigue and heavy breakthrough bleeding that I never had with the Loryna. This has got to be the worst birth control pill on the market.”