User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
4.9

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 reviews 4.8 44 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "Keep in mind that most reviews are negative. This is because negative experiences motivate people to write comments more than positive ones. Each body responds differently to types of hormonal birth control (BC) pill. All BC pills have about a 3-6 month adjustment period, meaning you may experience some negative side effects during this time that will likely be gone after that. I had nausea and headaches during the first 3 months which is now gone. You are also at risk of side effects if you do not take the pill correctly. If you miss pills or take them far apart/close together, you can have negative side effects. Take them at the exact same time every day. Negative side effects (first 3months): Headaches Nausea Increased appetite Light cramping Positive side effects: Extremely light bleeding on break weeks No or rare cramping Acne gone Helped hormone depression Helped blood sugar Weight loss No pregnancy I love this pill, I've been on it for a year. It does so much good for me."

Lisa January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Like so many others, I've been on Microgestin for years before the pharmacist randomly put me on Blisovi. I've always had anxiety, but being on this pill made it even worse! I was breaking down crying randomly and having more panic attacks. I also developed depression; I stopped enjoying the things I used to love doing. I also gained 15lbs since taking it from March 2018 - January 2019. My sex drive also decreased. I didn't realize the pill was most likely responsible for my anxiety and depression, I thought it was my original diagnosis getting worse. The only good thing this pill did was prevent pregnancy and stop my migraines. I took them continuously to skip my periods, never had break-through bleeding or cramps."

Rachel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "After reading all of these reviews, I was extremely nervous to start this new birth control (BC). For months I was taking a BC called femynor after my insurance changed my medication from orthocyclen. I became extremely depressed and basically just dealt with it because it did the job. After about 6 months I was so depressed that I was crying almost every day about the smallest things and finally called my doctor and told her what had been going on. She decided to switch me to microgestin but my pharmacy provided me with blisovi (what my insurance covered). I’ve been on it for about 2 weeks now and I feel so AMAZING that I HAD to write a review. I felt a change right away. All of a sudden I feel like myself again. I’m so much happier and productive. I will probably come back and write a review when my period comes because I don’t know how that is going to go yet but as of now I’m very happy with this medication"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control is probably the worst I’ve taken. I used to be on Microgestin and was switched, and upon taking my first couple pills, suffered horrible nausea. A little nausea is normal for me, but the nausea was so bad I could barely move and was vomiting all day. It also made me break out all over my chin, and I couldn’t get it to clear up."

ricepot (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Blisolvi for a year and a half. Within one year, I went from 128 to 140 pounds despite eating a plant based diet and exercising every day! For reference, I typically only gain 1-3 pounds a year at most! It has prevented pregnancy and helped my cramps but after reading these experiences I’m wondering if my acid reflux and anxiety has been worsened by Blisolvi. I have recently been put on Nexium to control my acid reflux and I’m only 23 years old! It has never been as bad as it has been this past year and a half. I have also had random bouts of depression, major anxiety, and began getting strong and painful headaches this year. The only reason I want to continue Blisolvi is because it has cleared my acne up after struggling with acne since 13 and it has prevented pregnancy but the extreme weight gain is really weighing down my confidence especially because my everyday cardio doesn’t seem to lower my weight .."

A045 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I had been taking Microgestin for 10 years (I didn't have a period, I didn't have cramp), when out of nowhere my pharmacy filled my script with Blisovi. For the first 3 months, I didn't notice anything.. UNTIL I had a period for the first time in 10 years, and I started to get the worst cramps that would last 2 weeks. I also started to get the worst cystic acne on my jaw line, neck, and around my mouth. My gynecologist had to write a new script that specifically spelled out "microgestin brand name only to be filled". Long story short... These two birth controls are NOT the same."

Brooklynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2018

For Birth Control "My original prescription was for Microgestin which I’ve been taking for 4 years. When I was given Blisovi, I asked my doctor was assured it was the same formula so I began my first month supply without fear. I began waking up every morning so nauseous that I felt like passing out. I thought it was from skipping breakfast, so I made sure to eat every morning, no change. I waited it out and see if it would pass in month 2 when body fully adjusts. Nope, I was nauseous still & became very irritable. I started going to bed early, but still woke up angry. My mood swings started to affect my bf’s mental health. I thought it was stress so I sought out help to control my anger & anxiety. I got so depressed, I forgot to start month 3. Within a week I noticed I felt less irritated & anxious & my nausea disappeared. My mind clear, I started up month 3 and the next morning it started again. Seeing these reviews has given me so much relief to know I’m not the only one going through this."

Anonymous December 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I was taking a different brand of birth control before Blisovi. That birth control had me on my period for about 2 and a half weeks and it drove me insane. My doctor then prescribed Blisovi and luckily it cause my period to stop. But ONLY FOR 1 AND A HALF DAYS. I’m am currently still bleeding. I’ve bern bleeding for almost a week. I log my periods, but for the past few days it would be weird. One day I’d be bleeding, the next day I wouldn’t. Last night I didn’t bleed at all, this morning I have sever cramps and major blood clots coming out."

Courtney (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill has not helped me from the start. Just writing this comment to tell you what happened to me. I have been nauseous (to a serious extreme), depressed, anxious, tired, dizzy (I fainted) ya fainted passed out on the ground peed my pants while it happened too?! At 23 years old perfectly healthy human.. Might work different for you but just sharing my experience. Also been on it for 4+ months because I know your body needs to adjust. Well people that did not happen for me everything just kept getting worse. This pills a no go from me. Time for me to try my 4th birth control starting to think birth control just isn’t for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for two weeks now. I have experienced a lot of positive results. My skin did start with a few break outs but they cleared up within a couple of days. My skin is now extremely clear. I have not experienced spotting or cramping before my period. I was on Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 prior to blisovi and after a 1 year hiatus from birth control I decided to try LO LOESTRIN. It was terrible !! So I called my doctor to put me on micro again and when I got to the pharmacy they gave me blisovi. So far it’s great!"

Anon. (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

"Comparing this to the microgestin I used to take, it SUCKS. I have PCOS so I really have to take some form of birth control and since my pharmacy never has microgestin available so I have to take this. Before I would take any birth control at all I never had serious issues with acne it was fairly normal and stayed that way if not better with microgestin I would only break out before my period. Blisovi is awful I have had painful annoying acne pop out of nowhere! It doesn’t help that I’ve had an increase in anxiety/depression also I notice before each period I get severe lower back pain and cramping. I’m disappointed. I don’t have to worry about any copay because I don’t even want this for free."

sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ll say this is not a pill for everybody. I switched to this pill 3 months ago, and I’ve gained 6 pounds already, even though I keep a really good diet. My mood swings more than usual and little things makes me very angry. I feel tired all the time even after sleeping 8 or 9 hrs. My legs hurt during the day and my ankles are swollen 24/7. I thought that was my fault for not being active enough, but now that I’m seeing these comments I know that I’m not alone. Thanks everybody for sharing their experience, things make more sense now."

Diana (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on Blisovi for birth control over three months ago. In the past I have been on Gildess and requested something similar when I restarted birth control this time around. I can only say really good things about this pill. I have had no side effects at all. The first month I had some slightly irregular spotting and bleeding but I had started the prescription on what I thought was the first day of my period but ended up being an unusual early spotting that then stopped and my period started a few days later. However, after the first month, my periods have been lighter than normal without any increase in PMS symptoms. Bonus has been that I have also seen a decrease in pre period breakouts (but for me these were minimal prior to starting birth control). I know a lot of negative reviews are posted, but know that not everyone has a bad time on this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Microgestin 1.5/30 and like everyone else, received Blisovi. I never tried the Microgestin, but my doctor recommended I switch for acne and spotting. I took it at night the first day, and woke up the next day so nauseated I had to call out of work. I still experience a little nausea here and there with it but nothing to that extent. I feel like my moods are really evened out and my acne is clearing, no spotting yet. Maybe I was just on a terrible birth control before but, I think blisovi is pretty great. I don't think I'll even switch to the Microgestin. Not everyone has a bad experience with it I guess! Don't worry about the reviews and try it for yourself."

Alicia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC is horrible! I realized I was getting depressed everyday and my mood swings are bad. I was starting to think iIwas bipolar but after reading similar reviews I know I'm not crazy - it is just the Blisovi"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Although I have not been on this birth control long, I have had no major problems. I was nervous starting this birth control for one reason being I’ve never taken birth control before, another reason is that the reviews were so bad. Within the first week of taking it my skin has looked really clear, my usual bloating has gone away, and I have had no major issues that made me scared to take this birth control at first. I have been slightly more emotional and Another side effect I have is my stomach issues, I either feel not hungry sometimes or I have diarrhea but it’s nothing as bad as some other women have been through. It will take some time for my body to start getting used to this. Overall I was skeptical of this but it works for me, but I know everyone’s body will react to it differently. Hope you it works for everyone!!"

Happygirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I asked my GYN to give me a low dose BC pill because my period cramps are the worst. I've been on this since July and honestly some things I've experienced are a decreased libido and my breast grew from a 38B to a 40C. I have intermittent vaginal aching. I don't know if me always wanting to snack is from the pill cause I have always been a foodie."

SC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I want to break down in tears right now because after reading all these reviews I know I’m not alone. My pharm switched me to blisovi after microgestin, and my depression and anger are THROUGH THE ROOF. My anger is hurting other people so bad that I’m seeking anger management. Maybe I should save myself the money and just stop taking this pill because it has to be the problem"

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Microgestin in 2014, and just this year in March I went to pick up another pack and was told they no longer had it, but they gave me a new bc Blisovi and assured me it was exactly the same. Well, it’s not. My anxiety has been at an all time high, as well as my depression. I have gained 15 pounds just from taking this pill from March-August. This pill has made my life awful, I am always so nauseas and irritated. Would not recommend whatsoever."

Kaiiiyuh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I am now on my second pack of blisovi and it has stopped my period already and my periods personally were so awful and sometimes unbearable. I was on taytulla which is a lower dose both control and it wasn’t doing any good and I switched to this one and sadly I’ve gained a little and anxiety is worse. Especially at night but it has helped with my period so I’m kinda 50/50 on recommending this pill! but it works differently for everyone !"

ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control pills since I was 17. I'm 50 now. All those years, and NEVER had a problem with the pills I took other than some bloating with Junel. Then started Blisovi when my pharmacy was back-ordered for Microgestin. Didn't know what was about to happen... Started the first week - and continued to bleed, have cramps and massive bloating in spite of the pill. Also started to notice grumpiness and general unhappiness. Let me tell you, everyone describes me as "super happy" and "smiley" and "fun". Who knew the next 7 days after that would have me spiralling down into deep depression, insecurity, PARANOIA, and general nastiness. Felt awful no matter was going on. I could have won the lottery and been miserable about it. This drug is a NIGHTMARE. Consider yourself warned..."

Tara (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Got on here to read reviews and realized I’m not crazy! This medication has literally made me so irritable and mean. I have anxiety about everything and don’t want to do anything but lay around. It’s caused me to push so many people away from me!"

Marie03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Just recently started taking birth control for the first time. So far it hasn't been that bad. Little bloated, tenderness in the breast area, slightly nauseated at times but honestly nothing unbearable. It comes with the territory of having a menstrual cycle. Hopefully it works and unlike most people, don't have to try many to find one that works well. Best of wishes."

Grateful (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill in October of 2017 after I changed insurance providers. Ever since I have started this pill I have been anxious, on edge, irritable, and overly emotional. I am surprised my boyfriend hasn't left me! I am angry all of the time, I am constantly panicking, I cry over EVERYTHING (really, everything; sunsets, children playing, dogs, people smiling) which is terrible. I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I am a grad student and I am incredibly busy and have a lot of stress, but I went on vacation last week and accidentally forgot my BC pills. After about 2 days without Blisovi Fe I felt as if a giant weight was lifted off of my chest. I could finally breathe without feeling like the whole world is going to cave in on me. I wasn't irritable or annoyed the entire trip. I am so upset that it took me this long to realize that the hell that I have been going through was all due to this stupid pink pill."

Aly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Being on this pill has skyrocketed my depression and anxiety to the point where a lot of days are just unbearable. I didn’t have any issues with weight gain, but I did have horrible headaches and noticed a little unwanted body hair. I get pills work different for everyone but this one definitely didn’t work for me. So glad to be switching to a different pill"

brw94 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2018