User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
4.3

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 reviews 4.1 20 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "Have been on microgestin for years. One day the pharmacy just said they didn’t have any but this one is “totally the same thing.” Absolutely not. The whole month I’ve taken this pill I have been extremely exhausted non stop, have felt nauseous every day, have had awful stomach pains for a week leading up to my period and every little thing annoys or makes me sad. After reading the reviews it’s obviously not only me that has experienced these side effects. Haven’t gotten pregnant so that’s the reason for the couple of stars I gave this pill. Would not recommend. Anyone who’s been on microgestin please know this is NOT the same and will make you feel different."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I got this birth control through the app Nurx and I thought it was the coolest fastest way to get birth control. I was on microgestin before this pill and everything was fine. Since getting this pill I’ve noticed my anxiety sky rocket, mild depression and I cry so much for every little thing and my moods are just off the charts. I can be totally fine one moment then something sets me off. And I feel angry most of the time. I thought this was only me but now everything makes sense. I think I’ll stop taking this pill. I do not recommend."

1994 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this terrible pill since 2016 and I went from 190lb -240lb my highest weight ever! Also I diet and nothing happens I stay bloated and aggravated and I cry for no reason at all. Some nights after I take the pill I get sweaty, diarrhea ,can’t sleep and severe stomach pain. Many more can’t think of them all but it’s bad!!! I go to the hospital when I can’t handle it and it’s not my gallbladder or nothing so I’m assuming it’s this pill, it’s every NIGHT I take it. Terrible!!! I have 5 kids so I don’t wanna stop BC but I'm really thinking of it! I feel it’s no good and my symptoms are just as like some of the ladies on here. It’s a bad pill and needs to be recalled. No sex drive at all I feel like I’m an old lady!!!! What should I do!!?!"

Krystina (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

"I have been on microgestin for years and had no issues. I recently went back on the pill after terrible menstrual cycles. My doctor put me on microgestin but when I went and picked it up I was given the packet of Blisovi. I asked the pharmacist and he told me this was the same stuff. It’s definitely not the same. I have been so irritable that I’m surprised my family hasn’t disowned me!! I have also been so bloated, depressed and starting to put on weight and I work out every day!! I’m eating healthy too. I also have not been sleeping at night and feel very restless. Yet the next day I am so tired and end up napping. I don’t even drink caffeine! My husband finally commented on how different I’ve been since starting this new pill. I stopped taking it today and hope I feel better! No pharmacist should ever assume they can just switch you and it’s the same. I’ve never had such a bad experience and I’ve been on different pills for over 20 years."

Mags26 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I just recently switched to Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 from a different birth control and I can say this one isn’t much better. I switched last time for throwing up at night however now I have extreme nausea every morning I wake up with this one. It’s getting worse and worse each morning."

Ary (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I’ve been on (6mths now) and my acne is more clear, my period is regular, I no longer find myself crippled on the floor with cramps, I have not gained any weight, I love it!"

Anonymous June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Blisovi for almost 2 months and the side effects have been constant. The headaches, occasional dizziness and not to mention the bloating every single day. Its gotten to the point where I don't recognize my own body. The first month when I was suppose to menstruate I spotted for 2 days, nothing more. The side effects out weighed the potential benefits for me. Every women is different so don't knock it until you try it."

Anonymous June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking the Junel Fe and that one was perfect for me but I recently switched pharmacies and the pharmacy did not have Junel only Blisovi so I have it a try for two months almost on my third and it is terrible! I have mood swings that I just can't control. Acne is starting to appear in places I’ve never seen, and I’ve been really dehydrated not that water is bad but I drink more than the usual. I’m gonna switch back to Junel. I don’t recommend Blisovi to anybody."

vicky May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So thanks ladies I have never taken birth control before but my doctor recommend this pill when I said I was considering it.. now I'm thinking maybe I'll just stick with my condoms lol thanks again ladies"

Thankfullady May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 19 and I have been on this birth control for over a year now. I was originally on a lower dose but since I kept getting my period on days other than the placebo pills, the doctors upped my dosage. For the past year, I have dealt with higher levels of anxiety, terrible bloating to the point where I can only eat once or twice a day, and mild depression. The mood swings are horrible. I am switching as soon as possible. I don’t recommend, it has been the worst year."

Ali April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Blisovi for two months, only because Microgestin is no longer available at my pharmacy. As they often do, the pharmacist assured me this generic was "exactly the same" as Microgestin. Within the past two months, a dark line has appeared around my lips, I have been EXTREMELY emotional, my anxiety has been at an all-time high for no reason, my sex drive has plummeted, and I've gained 3 pounds (not an alarming amount, but I work out religiously, and my weight has always been very consistent). I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do, but I am NOT taking Blisovi any more. For those of you reading this who take Blisovi are feeling the same way: you're not crazy, and you're not alone. If anyone is reading this and considering starting Blisovi: do yourself a favor and stay far far away."

HaleyK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m a med student and like to tinker with my prescriptions when I learn new stuff. In 2009 I started on Loestrin, which caused me to break out and spot. The type of progesterone used in 2nd-gens (like Loestrin & Blisovi) is quite androgenic, and the side effects were the reason they developed 3rd-gen pills. So in 2012 I switched to a 3rd-gen and put up with its side effects (decreased sex drive & hyper-emotional days) for years. In 2017 I read about using Spironolactone with a 2nd-gen: Spiro blocks androgen-binding peripherally, so taking it with a 2nd-gen means less acne/weight gain. The result: I’ve *lost* 5 pounds, my sex drive is better, no hyper-emotionality, and I have only 2 or 3 acne spots a month. Negatives: Slight nipple sensitivity and a day of spotting a month. I also had an adjustment phase with some acid-reflux symptoms (due to the more potent progesterone) at the beginning. If you can handle Spiro, I cannot recommend this combination highly enough - huge success."

LBishop March 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Like many others, I was given Blisovi by my local pharmacy to replace another brand. On Blisovi, I couldn't stay awake, had no sex drive, my boobs were constantly sore and my head always pounding. I also was starting to get acne on my face and painful boils in my panty-line area. I took my blood pressure at a drug store and it was high. I purchased a BP monitor to keep track of my bp and it averaged 150/82, which is pretty bad. I stopped taking the birth control, began feeling better and all my bad symptoms were gone in a week, bp back to normal. I called my doctor and he ordered me Microgestion at my pharmacy. Never again will I use Blisovi; it was the worst birth control I've ever taken."

FeliciaLT (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for three months now, I've noticed the first day of my period I have annoying headaches all day, I'm very moody everything angers me. I also noticed I have a lot of acne when I've never had a problem with acne before. My breast are so super sensitive. As for the periods they are light but the cramps still hurt pretty bad, and it worsen at night when I'm trying to sleep, probably going to switch to a new birth control."

MonsterZombie February 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve gained 14 lbs in under two months since I started this medication. The weight gain increases even with significant diet restrictions that were not necessary prior to taking this medication. I have terrible moods and also I’ve started getting acne that also was not there before this medication. It may be wonderful for some women, but for me, it is terrible."

Unhappy with Blisovi January 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I am going on three months on this pill. I didn't take bc for 6 years then got on this one. I have noticed bad headaches when I am suppose to be on my period week as well as some weight gain. I am petite and have noticed my boobs go a whole cup size. I also haven't really had a period for two months. Just spotting and very light for 2-3 days. not enough to even wear a tampon. I also have noticed bad acne breakouts, I might reconsider this pill."

Kay89 December 18, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I have ever taken due to everyone was telling me how bad it is and all the false thing they tell you ! I had my 4th baby in January of 17, and I started taking BlisoviFe 1.5/30 the first two months was bad cause I had migraines in the middle where my period were supposed to happen and it did it was normal but I never had a headache like that since I was a child.. I said to my husband I'm gonna try next month and see what happens he told me to get off of it cause he could bare me see the way I was but I got used to it. I feel just like I did before .. i have normal period, no headache , no weight gain.. nothing !"

Sissi86 September 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched to this medication after finding out that Gildess FE 1.5/30 had been recalled. I feel so much better on this pill compared to Gildess. I've been taking Blisovi for about 8 months and have periods that are light and last 2-4 days. Cramping is more mild compared to not being on birth control while the bloating I have in my lower body before periods is comparable to not taking birth control. I experience slight breast tenderness toward the end of the pill pack and headaches for a couple days when beginning a new pack. All the side effects I have had are mild and easier to deal with than not taking birth control, plus it prevents pregnancy."

LG2017 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2017

For Birth Control "Terrible! Like so many others on this thread, I've gained weight, couldn't control my anxiety, and the bloating was insane! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. It wasn't until there was a mix up with my doctors and was off it for less than a week, did my appetite go back to normal, bloating down ( sometimes I would look 5 months pregnant) and anxiety lessened immensely. I thought I was just gaining weight due to being in a new relationship. I wish I read these reviews before I started this pill a year and a half ago! Never again would I ever take this pill. They should discontinue it."

Cait617 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I appreciate everyone else's reviews of this medication, it validates me-where I thought I was alone. The pharmacy advised prior standard birth control was no longer available and it was "the same" and thus I was provided Blisovi. After 3 months, I've gone up 2 pants sizes and look pregnant with a distended belly! I have had abdominal cramping and terrible PMS. My flow used to last 2-3 days, it's up to 5 days on this terrible pill. I would not recommend anyone even trial with this medication. I gave it two stars since it does prevent pregnancy -- oh, my sex drive is lower, so that can impact pregnancy too."

MeFLHeather January 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I was put on Blisovi because CVS stopped carrying Gildess (Gildess was perfect for me). Lucky for me, I recently found out Walgreens still carries Gildess, just an fyi for anyone else."

thg123 December 4, 2016