User Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
4.8

Summary of Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 reviews 4.7 34 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "I’ll say this is not a pill for everybody. I switched to this pill 3 months ago, and I’ve gained 6 pounds already, even though I keep a really good diet. My mood swings more than usual and little things makes me very angry. I feel tired all the time even after sleeping 8 or 9 hrs. My legs hurt during the day and my ankles are swollen 24/7. I thought that was my fault for not being active enough, but now that I’m seeing these comments I know that I’m not alone. Thanks everybody for sharing their experience, things make more sense now."

Diana (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on Blisovi for birth control over three months ago. In the past I have been on Gildess and requested something similar when I restarted birth control this time around. I can only say really good things about this pill. I have had no side effects at all. The first month I had some slightly irregular spotting and bleeding but I had started the prescription on what I thought was the first day of my period but ended up being an unusual early spotting that then stopped and my period started a few days later. However, after the first month, my periods have been lighter than normal without any increase in PMS symptoms. Bonus has been that I have also seen a decrease in pre period breakouts (but for me these were minimal prior to starting birth control). I know a lot of negative reviews are posted, but know that not everyone has a bad time on this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Microgestin 1.5/30 and like everyone else, received Blisovi. I never tried the Microgestin, but my doctor recommended I switch for acne and spotting. I took it at night the first day, and woke up the next day so nauseated I had to call out of work. I still experience a little nausea here and there with it but nothing to that extent. I feel like my moods are really evened out and my acne is clearing, no spotting yet. Maybe I was just on a terrible birth control before but, I think blisovi is pretty great. I don't think I'll even switch to the Microgestin. Not everyone has a bad experience with it I guess! Don't worry about the reviews and try it for yourself."

Alicia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC is horrible! I realized I was getting depressed everyday and my mood swings are bad. I was starting to think iIwas bipolar but after reading similar reviews I know I'm not crazy - it is just the Blisovi"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Although I have not been on this birth control long, I have had no major problems. I was nervous starting this birth control for one reason being I’ve never taken birth control before, another reason is that the reviews were so bad. Within the first week of taking it my skin has looked really clear, my usual bloating has gone away, and I have had no major issues that made me scared to take this birth control at first. I have been slightly more emotional and Another side effect I have is my stomach issues, I either feel not hungry sometimes or I have diarrhea but it’s nothing as bad as some other women have been through. It will take some time for my body to start getting used to this. Overall I was skeptical of this but it works for me, but I know everyone’s body will react to it differently. Hope you it works for everyone!!"

Happygirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I asked my GYN to give me a low dose BC pill because my period cramps are the worst. I've been on this since July and honestly some things I've experienced are a decreased libido and my breast grew from a 38B to a 40C. I have intermittent vaginal aching. I don't know if me always wanting to snack is from the pill cause I have always been a foodie."

SC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I want to break down in tears right now because after reading all these reviews I know I’m not alone. My pharm switched me to blisovi after microgestin, and my depression and anger are THROUGH THE ROOF. My anger is hurting other people so bad that I’m seeking anger management. Maybe I should save myself the money and just stop taking this pill because it has to be the problem"

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Microgestin in 2014, and just this year in March I went to pick up another pack and was told they no longer had it, but they gave me a new bc Blisovi and assured me it was exactly the same. Well, it’s not. My anxiety has been at an all time high, as well as my depression. I have gained 15 pounds just from taking this pill from March-August. This pill has made my life awful, I am always so nauseas and irritated. Would not recommend whatsoever."

Kaiiiyuh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I am now on my second pack of blisovi and it has stopped my period already and my periods personally were so awful and sometimes unbearable. I was on taytulla which is a lower dose both control and it wasn’t doing any good and I switched to this one and sadly I’ve gained a little and anxiety is worse. Especially at night but it has helped with my period so I’m kinda 50/50 on recommending this pill! but it works differently for everyone !"

ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control pills since I was 17. I'm 50 now. All those years, and NEVER had a problem with the pills I took other than some bloating with Junel. Then started Blisovi when my pharmacy was back-ordered for Microgestin. Didn't know what was about to happen... Started the first week - and continued to bleed, have cramps and massive bloating in spite of the pill. Also started to notice grumpiness and general unhappiness. Let me tell you, everyone describes me as "super happy" and "smiley" and "fun". Who knew the next 7 days after that would have me spiralling down into deep depression, insecurity, PARANOIA, and general nastiness. Felt awful no matter was going on. I could have won the lottery and been miserable about it. This drug is a NIGHTMARE. Consider yourself warned..."

Tara (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Got on here to read reviews and realized I’m not crazy! This medication has literally made me so irritable and mean. I have anxiety about everything and don’t want to do anything but lay around. It’s caused me to push so many people away from me!"

Marie03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Just recently started taking birth control for the first time. So far it hasn't been that bad. Little bloated, tenderness in the breast area, slightly nauseated at times but honestly nothing unbearable. It comes with the territory of having a menstrual cycle. Hopefully it works and unlike most people, don't have to try many to find one that works well. Best of wishes."

Grateful (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill in October of 2017 after I changed insurance providers. Ever since I have started this pill I have been anxious, on edge, irritable, and overly emotional. I am surprised my boyfriend hasn't left me! I am angry all of the time, I am constantly panicking, I cry over EVERYTHING (really, everything; sunsets, children playing, dogs, people smiling) which is terrible. I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I am a grad student and I am incredibly busy and have a lot of stress, but I went on vacation last week and accidentally forgot my BC pills. After about 2 days without Blisovi Fe I felt as if a giant weight was lifted off of my chest. I could finally breathe without feeling like the whole world is going to cave in on me. I wasn't irritable or annoyed the entire trip. I am so upset that it took me this long to realize that the hell that I have been going through was all due to this stupid pink pill."

Aly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Being on this pill has skyrocketed my depression and anxiety to the point where a lot of days are just unbearable. I didn’t have any issues with weight gain, but I did have horrible headaches and noticed a little unwanted body hair. I get pills work different for everyone but this one definitely didn’t work for me. So glad to be switching to a different pill"

brw94 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Have been on microgestin for years. One day the pharmacy just said they didn’t have any but this one is “totally the same thing.” Absolutely not. The whole month I’ve taken this pill I have been extremely exhausted non stop, have felt nauseous every day, have had awful stomach pains for a week leading up to my period and every little thing annoys or makes me sad. After reading the reviews it’s obviously not only me that has experienced these side effects. Haven’t gotten pregnant so that’s the reason for the couple of stars I gave this pill. Would not recommend. Anyone who’s been on microgestin please know this is NOT the same and will make you feel different."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I got this birth control through the app Nurx and I thought it was the coolest fastest way to get birth control. I was on microgestin before this pill and everything was fine. Since getting this pill I’ve noticed my anxiety sky rocket, mild depression and I cry so much for every little thing and my moods are just off the charts. I can be totally fine one moment then something sets me off. And I feel angry most of the time. I thought this was only me but now everything makes sense. I think I’ll stop taking this pill. I do not recommend."

1994 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this terrible pill since 2016 and I went from 190lb -240lb my highest weight ever! Also I diet and nothing happens I stay bloated and aggravated and I cry for no reason at all. Some nights after I take the pill I get sweaty, diarrhea ,can’t sleep and severe stomach pain. Many more can’t think of them all but it’s bad!!! I go to the hospital when I can’t handle it and it’s not my gallbladder or nothing so I’m assuming it’s this pill, it’s every NIGHT I take it. Terrible!!! I have 5 kids so I don’t wanna stop BC but I'm really thinking of it! I feel it’s no good and my symptoms are just as like some of the ladies on here. It’s a bad pill and needs to be recalled. No sex drive at all I feel like I’m an old lady!!!! What should I do!!?!"

Krystina (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

"I have been on microgestin for years and had no issues. I recently went back on the pill after terrible menstrual cycles. My doctor put me on microgestin but when I went and picked it up I was given the packet of Blisovi. I asked the pharmacist and he told me this was the same stuff. It’s definitely not the same. I have been so irritable that I’m surprised my family hasn’t disowned me!! I have also been so bloated, depressed and starting to put on weight and I work out every day!! I’m eating healthy too. I also have not been sleeping at night and feel very restless. Yet the next day I am so tired and end up napping. I don’t even drink caffeine! My husband finally commented on how different I’ve been since starting this new pill. I stopped taking it today and hope I feel better! No pharmacist should ever assume they can just switch you and it’s the same. I’ve never had such a bad experience and I’ve been on different pills for over 20 years."

Mags26 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I just recently switched to Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 from a different birth control and I can say this one isn’t much better. I switched last time for throwing up at night however now I have extreme nausea every morning I wake up with this one. It’s getting worse and worse each morning."

Ary (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I’ve been on (6mths now) and my acne is more clear, my period is regular, I no longer find myself crippled on the floor with cramps, I have not gained any weight, I love it!"

Anonymous June 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Blisovi for almost 2 months and the side effects have been constant. The headaches, occasional dizziness and not to mention the bloating every single day. Its gotten to the point where I don't recognize my own body. The first month when I was suppose to menstruate I spotted for 2 days, nothing more. The side effects out weighed the potential benefits for me. Every women is different so don't knock it until you try it."

Anonymous June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking the Junel Fe and that one was perfect for me but I recently switched pharmacies and the pharmacy did not have Junel only Blisovi so I have it a try for two months almost on my third and it is terrible! I have mood swings that I just can't control. Acne is starting to appear in places I’ve never seen, and I’ve been really dehydrated not that water is bad but I drink more than the usual. I’m gonna switch back to Junel. I don’t recommend Blisovi to anybody."

vicky May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So thanks ladies I have never taken birth control before but my doctor recommend this pill when I said I was considering it.. now I'm thinking maybe I'll just stick with my condoms lol thanks again ladies"

Thankfullady May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 19 and I have been on this birth control for over a year now. I was originally on a lower dose but since I kept getting my period on days other than the placebo pills, the doctors upped my dosage. For the past year, I have dealt with higher levels of anxiety, terrible bloating to the point where I can only eat once or twice a day, and mild depression. The mood swings are horrible. I am switching as soon as possible. I don’t recommend, it has been the worst year."

Ali April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Blisovi for two months, only because Microgestin is no longer available at my pharmacy. As they often do, the pharmacist assured me this generic was "exactly the same" as Microgestin. Within the past two months, a dark line has appeared around my lips, I have been EXTREMELY emotional, my anxiety has been at an all-time high for no reason, my sex drive has plummeted, and I've gained 3 pounds (not an alarming amount, but I work out religiously, and my weight has always been very consistent). I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do, but I am NOT taking Blisovi any more. For those of you reading this who take Blisovi are feeling the same way: you're not crazy, and you're not alone. If anyone is reading this and considering starting Blisovi: do yourself a favor and stay far far away."

HaleyK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018