User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 4)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Depression

"On the 10 day of 30 mg. I woke to a miracle . No chronic pain in my whole entire body for the first time in years. For years I suffered hour after hour with 4 and 5 in my back. Body pain so bad I was on Norco for years. Nothing has been more effective to my pain and depression as this medicine. I hope more physicians prescribe this medicine for these reasons. I have my life back."

Liz4444 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For over 20 years I've used antidepressants and this by far is the best I've ever used however there are some downsides I'm constantly hungry all d time I've put on 2stone which is giving me another problem to deal with cause that doesn't make me feel good and excessive sweating I've reduced my dose with doctors supervision to try help these side affects and the tiredness is sooo bad but I've definitely had little or no anxiety"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was given since having major depression in August (this is March). I have arthritis which pain has gotten much worse, fibromyalgia worse, brain fog, very weird dreams. I awoke at 2 or 3 and can't get back to sleep. During day I fight to stay awake. I have started having a very bad temper and feel angry all the time. Eye sight blurry, clumsy. I see the GP tomorrow for a different reason (or is it?) and will demand to be taken off of this. I feel this should be taken off the market, it's side effects are horrible!"

MINNALOUSH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took 1 30mg capsule of Cymbalta yesterday. That will be the only dose of this medicine I will take. I had to leave work yesterday because of how sick to my stomach it made me. I felt jittery and lightheaded all day. I didn't take it this morning. I haven't felt jittery , but I have been extremely lightheaded and have had a headache all day. All that from one dose. I have been on many anti-depressants over the years. The only other one that made my head feel like this was Prozac and I didn't stay on it long. Having a job, I can't afford to be sick from side effects. I will be calling the Dr. tomorrow and telling her I want to try something else. Also, I have head a lot of reviews about this drug and most that I have read are not very good."

Shell41 March 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Unusual tiredness and loss in stamina"

Frinks (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cymbalta 120mg for 4 months Good: - slight to moderate increase in motivation, mental energy and attention/alertness. - decrease in anxiety and depressive feelings. Bad: - made me less social, less empathetic and more robotic. - horrible withdrawal symptoms which happen quickly if you forget to take it. - when my dosage was increased from 30mg to 60mg, it started to give me nightmares at night and caused me to wake up in middle of the night and lose sleep. Conclusion: Better positive cognitive experience than 10mg Escitalopram which other than positively affecting my mood, all it did was cause constant brain fogs and decrease my motivation even further."

Heinstar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible drug. Didn't help me with depression ( made it even worse) , didn't help with anxiety."

April _24 February 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive been on this medication about 3 months. At first I was scared to take it. The reviews are terrible but i have tried alot of other meds without success. I started off taking it at night but I would wake up so sore that i didnt want to move the next day. So i switched to taking it in the mornings and that symptom went away. I also had constipation pretty bad the first month but that symptom went away too. My husband noticed a change in me first. The side effects eventually went away. I upped my prescription from 30mg to 60mg after one month. Some side effects came back but again they eventually went away. I have to say this has been the best depression medicine I have been on for depression. But it hasnt done much for my social anxiety."

Starintheskyla February 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At the moment I've only had one dose of this 30mg Cymbalta. I've woken up from a 6 hr sleep feeling like I want to pass out and chest getting pounding. Is this normal"

Chris.cym February 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on the meds 2014 . I noticed black marks on My arms an legs unusual. I stopped taking it the marks went away. After suffering many traumatized events I went back on last year to find more random black marks on my body. I'm not sure if it's working for depression. I'm still sad most days. I also have constant headaches. mood swings. Still high pain levels. Depression runs deep. I know I need something just scared to try the list. SMH"

Ledfoot February 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was the third medication I tried for my depression and anxiety. I'm not going to lie, the entire time I was on it I felt like I was on Ecstasy 24/7. Everything was rainbows and sunshine and I felt so euphoric and amazing and warm and fuzzy. However, I had the nastiest headaches constantly, and they came on as soon as I'd take the meds. Almost the entire time I felt so nauseous and I had migraines and it didn't let up. I switched at my monthly appointment because the headaches made the euphoria not worth it."

Ashley Savage (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Many failed attempts on depression meds and lapsed into severe depression, suicidal thoughts, head to toe severe pain psychiatrist put me on 120mg of Cymbalta a day. Boom the pain and depression were gone. Instant relief, it was a godsend but I very quickly realized that the depression was not actually gone. It had shifted it into my anger/frustration emotion controllers, which for the most part I could deal with but after a few years the side effects add up. I have the horrible next few months of coming off this drug but need to as I now have insomnia, chaotic dreams, extreme lethargy and suicidal thoughts which you don't feel like acting on but still have. It does work but it is not a long term solution and I should have changed yrs ago."

Was looking for answers lol (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have spent a long time trying to find the right cocktail of meds since I was diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar, Depression and anxiety. Currently I'm taking 100mg of Lamactal, 50mg Cymbalta and 50mg of Trazadone. I feel awesome! I'm not as moody, I'm happy. It's a shame that I have to switch medications because I LOVE my mood, however the sexual side effects are just something I cant take. My NP is putting me on Viiebyd instead of the Cymbalta and from reading the reviews, I'm nervous about it. If the new medication dosnt work for me, I will go back to the cocktail I was taking and figure something out with the sexual side effects"

clenti (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cymbalta has turned my life upside down. I was on the awful excuse for a medication for a year and a half taking 100mg every day. Over the past four months I have been weaned off of it by my doctor and 10 days ago was my last dose. I will never ever take that nasty drug ever again. The withdrawals are excruciating. I am absolutely miserable. Even after ten days I am still experiencing the following: nausea, dizziness, fevers, chills, emotional roller coasters, random crying, brain zaps, irritability, loss of appetite, loss of interest to do daily activities, anger, vomiting, isolation, aches and pains in my bones and high levels of anxiety. I feel as if these feelings are never going to end. "

Miserable Person February 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked for me at a time I had slipped into suicidal ideations. I have a rheumatological disorder that has no cure, & the treatment is dangerous (steroids most of the time); I have severe anxiety; do not know from a day to the following how I will feel or if I will accomplish small tasks, forget about holding a job. This helped anxiety, suicide thoughts, the horrible feelings of major depression, fear, & pain. It is important to read about the medications you should not take with this. Start slowly & have patience. Appears that more medications tried, the easier this is to get acclimated to."

RegisterLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After battling dysthymia alternating with moderate anxiety for years and trying all sorts of natural means to treat it, I slipped into major depression. I was prescribed a low dose of Cymbalta--20 mg. After taking just two pills over three days, it has been one awful drug trip. I'm hoping for the heavy, dizzy feeling of pressure on my brain to end. The lethargy, nausea and chills have also been bad. I have two children, one of whom stayed home sick while I was on this, and I could barely care for her. It killed my appetite, which I didn't think would be a bad thing, but when you only feel like eating a banana and an orange all day, it becomes a problem. I'm looking forward to "just" feeling depressed again."

Margret65 January 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I rarely have side effects to medication. In fact, I think there is only one other drug I have been on that I have had a side effect from other than this and trust me, I have been on more than I can even count. But this one, was AWFUL. Within the first day I was shaky, my heart was racing, and I felt dizzy if I stood up quickly, but what was even worse was the insomnia! I thought I could get used to the medication but 5 days later and it still wasn't any better. My doctor gave me trazodone to help me sleep but the other side effects were still there so I went off it after 2 weeks."

melllllllloo (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tried it for 2 days and felt like a zombie took the pain away from my body but made me feel like a controller . I would not recommend this medication to anybody. It seems like they want to take us off opiates and give us government induced mind altering drugs do not take this drug at any cost"

Perry Ramone (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It helps but not all the time I take 30 mg once a day."

Addies mamaw December 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just started this medication two days ago and felt the effects within the same day. It was an absolute miracle like a curse was lifted off of me. I'll have to wait a few weeks and be observant of its effects, which so far have only been decrease in appetite. All in all this drug saved my life"

Vines December 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cymbalta has been amazing for me. I started taking 60 mg a year ago for serve depression, I felt improvement in my mood after just 3 days, it took about 3 weeks to fully kick in. I felt amazing for the first time in about 10 years. After I began feeling better I was amazed to think about how long I had been depressed. Food tasted better, the sun shone brighter and I had tons of energy. I am still on cymbalta 60 mg a day and have noticed a drop in energy in the last couple of months so I am going to talk to my doctor but I have no depression and love this medicine it saved my life."

Stop and smell the flowers! (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Cymbalta over a month ago. I have been on at least six other Depression medications in the past. Before this medicine, my Depression was so bad I couldn't go to work without losing it. I was unemployed for two months to take time away to get help with Depression. I spent a week in the hospital because I was ready to kill myself and felt like I didn't have a purpose for being here. I learned a lot about myself in the hospital, it was one of the best things I could of done for myself. As of today I am a month free of Depression. Where before I couldn't go minutes without major Depression. I have energy and motivation again. I do have a decreased appetitie on this medication. I take it once in the morning and at night."

Hope and a purpose (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked for me at first day of treatment because I have lethargic depression it helped almost and made me feel energetic at first dose"

Surfaraz December 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"32. F. After a couple of years refusing medication, adjusting to an interstate shift proved more difficult than planned, so about a month ago, decided to give these a try at the suggestion of my Dr. Took the first one in the evening after dinner as directed. By 10pm I was feeling achey, cold sweats, couldn't keep my legs still in bed and nauseas as hell. Within another 25 minutes the nausea turned into violent vomiting. And incredibly restless nights sleep. Dr said to stop immediately. I've not attempted another type again since, and don't think I intend to."

15Anonymous15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My boyfriend of 6 years began taking Cymbalta 2 years, ago to deal with a bout of depression. He has completely lost all libido and he went through a terrible period of sweating - he dripped like a faucet from his armpits at times. He has lost his joy of eating, and has no appetite. He has lost 40 lbs and really did not need to. His initial "feel good" period in this time has worn off and he is like a robot. His doctor GP, wants to up the dosage. I want him off and I want my boyfriend back. He is like a completely different person."

frustrated friend (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2015