User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 4)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 220 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Depression

"It helps but not all the time I take 30 mg once a day."

Addies mamaw December 25, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I just started this medication two days ago and felt the effects within the same day. It was an absolute miracle like a curse was lifted off of me. I'll have to wait a few weeks and be observant of its effects, which so far have only been decrease in appetite. All in all this drug saved my life"

Vines December 23, 2015

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Cymbalta has been amazing for me. I started taking 60 mg a year ago for serve depression, I felt improvement in my mood after just 3 days, it took about 3 weeks to fully kick in. I felt amazing for the first time in about 10 years. After I began feeling better I was amazed to think about how long I had been depressed. Food tasted better, the sun shone brighter and I had tons of energy. I am still on cymbalta 60 mg a day and have noticed a drop in energy in the last couple of months so I am going to talk to my doctor but I have no depression and love this medicine it saved my life."

Stop and smell the flowers! (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I started Cymbalta over a month ago. I have been on at least six other Depression medications in the past. Before this medicine, my Depression was so bad I couldn't go to work without losing it. I was unemployed for two months to take time away to get help with Depression. I spent a week in the hospital because I was ready to kill myself and felt like I didn't have a purpose for being here. I learned a lot about myself in the hospital, it was one of the best things I could of done for myself. As of today I am a month free of Depression. Where before I couldn't go minutes without major Depression. I have energy and motivation again. I do have a decreased appetitie on this medication. I take it once in the morning and at night."

Hope and a purpose (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"It worked for me at first day of treatment because I have lethargic depression it helped almost and made me feel energetic at first dose"

Surfaraz December 9, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"32. F. After a couple of years refusing medication, adjusting to an interstate shift proved more difficult than planned, so about a month ago, decided to give these a try at the suggestion of my Dr. Took the first one in the evening after dinner as directed. By 10pm I was feeling achey, cold sweats, couldn't keep my legs still in bed and nauseas as hell. Within another 25 minutes the nausea turned into violent vomiting. And incredibly restless nights sleep. Dr said to stop immediately. I've not attempted another type again since, and don't think I intend to."

15Anonymous15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"My boyfriend of 6 years began taking Cymbalta 2 years, ago to deal with a bout of depression. He has completely lost all libido and he went through a terrible period of sweating - he dripped like a faucet from his armpits at times. He has lost his joy of eating, and has no appetite. He has lost 40 lbs and really did not need to. His initial "feel good" period in this time has worn off and he is like a robot. His doctor GP, wants to up the dosage. I want him off and I want my boyfriend back. He is like a completely different person."

frustrated friend (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Been on it for three days I am starting to feel good again . first day was sick to my stomach and had very nervous feeling but second day was better it makes you sweat really easy but worth it so far I feel like getting back to my old self happy again making small steps but really is working with little side effects after two days. very hopeful!!!"

hammer 1968 November 3, 2015

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Dont like this medication at all. I have MS and i started taking this for depression/anxiety about a month ago and i must say i will not take another pill as of today! This is a terrible medication, it gives you the weirdest nightmares! And thats when you can finally sleep! Avoid this medication at all cost and anything like it"

Jay1045 October 26, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I've been taking Cymbalta for about 3 months now, and I can tell a drastic change in my overall mood, stress levels, pain levels and energy. I started out on the 30mg, but requested an increase to 60mg after talking to my doctor. It was a great decision and I'm finally beginning to feel the effects. I wake up smiling. Something I never thought I would do! And the good mood continues throughout the day. I also have chronic pain in my back, and I have noticed that the pain which was a level 7 out of 10, is now about a 3. Amazing! That in itself is enough to keep me in a good mood. It was a bit difficult the first 2 months with the side effects and finding a good dose, but it is worth it in the end for sure."

Danigirl123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2015

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I was on Cymbalta for years but became incredibly exhausted. Doc said the accumulation of using drug so long can lead to tiredness also weight gain. Promptly changed drugs to Wellbutrin, epitec and aspen trazodone. Felt amazing and lost almost 15kg. Wellbutrin started causing tremors so now Replaced Wellbutrin with Brintellix and gaining weight sadly as great drug"

Lucy Clare October 15, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I was depressed, (no motivation, lack of pleasure) for a full year before trying Cymbalta. It made me feel like my old happy self again. Works very well for me, a cure for my depression."

Dozer (JoJo) October 13, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"the worst drug I have ever taken in my life! Withdrawal is hard work. I googled and read more about Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome Food and Drug administrationon "

Kl2754 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I was first on AD's 13yrs ago after a marriage breakup and was prescribed an SSRI to cope (cannot remember what is was) The side effects of it were lots of small annoying shocks a minute in my ears...akin to adrenaline when startled. I figured it the trade-off on coping and gaining back 'normality. A chance discussion on the 'shocks' with a GP 'off the record' led to an eventual diagnosis of Adult ADD which I had struggled with since an early age. Have since met and married my soul mate. Jump forward to this yr- stresses and issues in the workplace bring about a diagnosis of anxiety and depression and prescribed a NRSI (Cymbalta). currently 60mg. Missing a dose from running out brings back the 'shocks' in my ears which I have not read of."

Analysis Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"The initial side effects were horrible. I felt exhausted and nauseated all the time. After a month I noticed a dramatic improvement in my mood. I had energy, I was less depressed and anxious. Prior starting Cymbalta had tried two different antidepressants which did not seem to be effective. The decreased libido with cymbalta is worth having my life back."

Gaetzton (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"This was the worst medication I have ever taken. I took it at night on the first day and woke up at around 3 am feeling nauseous and just plain gross. I figured my body was just adjusting, so I took the next dose the following night. Within hours my arms and legs were in pain, it felt like I was laying on a bed of nails. I had numbness in my arms and legs for a a few days too. Needless to say I discontinued the medicine immediately."

Anon0000 October 4, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I began taking this medication a week ago. The first and second day were great, no noticeable side effects other than the fact that I was happy and full of energy. The third day I began noticing that my emotions were very easy coming. One sad thing would make me tear up. I also noticed weakness in my left arm. I am only 21 years old and have been on some type of antidepressant since 18 years old. This is the first to make my arm feel this way. Please let me know if anyone else has left arm weakness."

sbevel (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I started Cymbalta for major depression and suicidal ideation (no plan). It worked. Took as much as 90mg at my high point. I"m now tapering down to 30 mg. Going from 3 pills a day to 1 pill a week is hard but manageable. But the side effects for this drug are real. Dizziness, blurry vision, constipation to runs. I would say for me, I could work through them because I wanted to live. The tapering has started aura migraines which are close to unbearable but I get through it. I say close because I almost felt like going to the ER once. I've slept 2 days straight trying to overcome an aura migraine. No light, sound, food, or blankets. If you were in my place over a year ago, taking Cymbalta would have been a no brainer."

Bippie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"GOODBYE SEX DRIVE! -.- Besides my sex drive dropping from over 9000 to 0, this did nothing to help my depression. I was upped to the 60mg. I can't wait for my next doctors appt. I want OFF of this "anti-depressant" that doesn't do anything but make me more annoyed than usual, killed my drive, and I still have crying spells. There has got to be something out there that can get along with my body. If you love/enjoy your sex life, DO NOT take this drug."

NerdSugar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"My very first time to try this medication . I thought I was gonna die ! I took it last night at 7:00pm went to bed by 10:00 pm and I was fine. I woke up at 6:00am and I went straight to the bathroom had a bad diarrhea plus vomiting . Had to drive to work with major diziziness. And had no appetite at all. I felt so weak. I was thinking maybe it needs more time and to be more patient. Till around mid day today I had to leave work because I was so nauseous that I can't function. I called my doc and she told me to stop taking it! This medication is definitely not for me. I've tried a lot of anti depressants like this one !!!! "

Kuh August 26, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have been on Cymbalta for about 3 months. It helped with depression but made me tired most of the time. A week ago, my doctor increased my dosage from 60mg to 90mg and I developed a UTI and have very intense middle back pain. UTI has been cured but back pain persists. I just read on a few different threads that cymbalta caused others to develop bladder infections and back pain, two things I never had prior to taking this drug. This drug also causes me to sweat profusely to the point I feel like I am about to drown in my own sweat. I was never a sweater. I am going to discontinue this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I've been on Cymbalta for many years after my doctor had tried a number of antidepressant medications. It has worked wonderfully for me and kept me on an even keel since I began taking it. I am lucky that I had a good experience with this medication."

JoeLawman (taken for 10 years or more) July 24, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I was given Cymbalta to help with my pain and depression, it helped both and I felt like a new person until I developed terrible sweats, so bad they consumed my living a normal life. I was referred to an endocrinologist to determine what was causing the sweats. I was tested for everything imaginable with no clue as to what was causing my problem. This went on for about a year. I was at my whits end. I was on the internet looking at my medications and saw that Cymbalta could cause sweats. Right then I decided to stop taking Cymbalta, on my own not consulting my Dr. To my amazement within two weeks or less my sweats stopped. I am writing this because I am hoping I can help someone else who has these terrible side effects."

maydec (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have been on Cymbalta for 6 years. I am 51 and have a family history of depression and only recently have I accepted that I may have it very long term. For those in Australia I recommend the generic version called Coperin (I get it from Priceline) which reduces the 'brain fog' of Cymbalta. I have been very happy on Cymbalta (Coperin), it changed my life. I hate that I rely on a tablet to enjoy life, but it is a small price to pay. My GP occasionally suggests I try a new drug but I always refuse. I have much improved relationships with people and it is great to have lost the anxiety which has completely disappeared. I have been on 30mg for 4 years, but am increasing to 60mg for a few weeks as I seem to be going through a bout of anxiety."

familyhistory (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Worked for 5 yrs with steadily increasing doses. At 120 mg things started to turn and depression worsened. It took over 2 months to come off it, with terrible side effect including migraines."

tuxedobird (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015