User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 6)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Depression

"I have tried just about every antidepressant over a 20 yr period. I have been taking Cymbalta for about 6 months and it is my saving grace. All symptoms of depression are gone. I am happy, focused, and myself again."

cindycc July 17, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 58 yo active woman with full time career. I began to obsess about my father's death. Every thing I saw reminded me of him and was painful. I cried over mishaps at home or thinking about a beloved pet that had died. Work was my relief but as soon as I got home the sadness started. My MD started me on Lexapro, which wasn't good for me. I suffered through work for a day but was too spacey. My job requires strong concentration skills. Prozac next which made me yawn like a lion. By week 3 I did not feel sad, but felt sick and had yawns like a lion. I then started Cymbalta and felt this was the most gentle antidepressant so far but then my EYES became swollen and DRY. I couldn't wear contacts! I gave up on antidepressants and started exercising. "

Daisy2daisy (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2013

"I was diagnosed with chronic depression and put on 30 mg. I used to cry at least once each day. I have been on Cymbalta for the last 25 days and I have not even cried once. For me it only caused nausea and I lost about 3kgs, which for me was not a side effect but a motivation to use the medicine."

dnzznd (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have taken Cymbalta 60mg for 30 days after being on Zoloft with Wellbutrin for almost a year. I'm feeling better every day. I have been able to do things that I have been unable to do for years such as cooking. Depression is lifted this medication is God send!"

Shanice June 21, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have only been on this for 2 weeks but I can seriously notice a difference. I am 21 and for about 6 years (after a traumatic event) I have been suffering from "severe depression". I have always had pain and always been to tired to do anything but lay in bed and cry! I can now say I am happy! Finally happy, I can't remember a time I was ever like this. I am motivated, active, and enjoying life. It works quick. I do however have mild headaches everyday and multiple nightmares every night. I am told these will subside. It's pricey but I really think its worth it! Good luck to everyone."

Jallen2 June 20, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It works well for depression. Even stopped nerve pain that I didn't know I had since I had lived with it all my life. I just thought it was normal to have pins and needle feeling in my nerve endings. Lifted the depression. Was okay on anxiety, but still had to take Valium for true panic attacks. Warning though - getting off this medication can give hard withdrawals. You have to slowly wean yourself off. If not, you will get brain freezes or shivers which are freaky and scary. Also, extremely irritable coming off of it."

Dallas Nadja (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2013

"Hi everyone. As long as I can remember I suffered from some sort of anxieties. When I was about 16 my anxiety grew into full blown panic attacks. Since then it just got worse. Finally I went to psychiatrist who put me on Cymbalta. I never felt better than I do now. My anxiety and depression gone and I feel that I have to learn how to live without it."

CymbaltaWorks June 6, 2013

"My dr finally decided to try a different medication after I started telling him that I think I am bipolar, he put me on Cymbalta. It is good. A lot better then Prozac which I didn't feel any difference. I am taking 30 mg right now, think I could use an increase. Glad to hear all the good reviews about it! I think it is something I would like to stick too. "

Cherry400000000000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2013

"Saved my life, I'm very thankful."

AirieDarie May 9, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Cymbalta is so far the only medication that has noticeably helped with my depression and anxiety. I had more confidence and less anxiety while taking it. I say "had" because I turned 26 recently and no longer have insurance and Cymbalta is extremely expensive, something like $216 with coupon, so I switched to Lexapro. I will write a review on Lexapro once I get experience it's affects. Cymbalta is the way to go if you can afford it though."

Dre26 May 8, 2013

"I absolutely love this medicine so far the only medicine that has done anything for me. I actually know what happy is now. Working great for depression and anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My life has been more difficult than most and I experienced an intense emotional life of ecstatic highs and darkest despair. It was wearing, but I enjoyed the drama of it all. GPs often suggested medication, but I considered my depressions to be 'justified', the intensity a means of 'being human' in all its extremities. However, the energy to carry these extremes ebbs, and in a particularly unhappy period my brain shut down. I work with my brain, so finally succumbed & trialled a number of anti-depressants. Didn't like the effects until I took Cymbalta. Finally, a normal emotional range. Two years later I stopped, the only side-effect a half-tone tinnitus, eased by taking half and I'm still fine two years later."

Dr Merlyn April 25, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My depression/anxiety the past several months has been disabling. Mornings were filled with crippling anxiety/depression and I'd stay in bed to escape being with the emotional pain. I felt overwhelmed all the time and just couldn't get motivated to do anything. Since Cymbalta, I have pep in my step! I have tons of motivation to spends HOURS cleaning a house with years of accumulated hoarding, and to clean my apartment which I couldn't touch in 6 months. I can get things done without the overwhelmed feeling -- bills, job, etc. I'm no longer deeply blue and crying. This is an answer to my prayers! My psych said that my desire to get better, counselling, and making changes is what is needed as part of treatment to succeed. Praise God!"

Angelica2013 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2013

194 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started on Cymbalta 30 mg and it improved my mood so my prescriber increased to 60 mg. 60 mg caused increased irritability and negative thinking so I decided to taper off. This caused flu-like symptoms and "the shakes" so started researching Cymbalta withdrawal. Surprisingly, a LOT of people have similar symptoms when coming off Cymbalta. The only way to avoid it is to open the capsules and divide the pellets to take a gradually reduced dose over several weeks. My prescriber suggested returning to 30 mg to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms and I have stayed there for the past 2 months. I am back to experiencing positive effects - I feel like I am coming out of a fog I didn't realize had been surrounding me for years."

Fraydd April 5, 2013

"After 5 years on Cymbalta, I cannot say enough about its effectiveness. I really can't speak to the claims of pain relief, but as far as depression and anxiety, it's the best I can recommend. The insurance has tried several times to get my Dr to prescribe Celexa, or Effexor, but neither work like Cymbalta. Initially, I was a little spacy, and jittery, but those went away with time. I'd hate to have to pay for it as is. But, overall, I'd rather not take anything than to have to switch."

happyhappyhappy (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 1, 2013

"I LOVE Cymbalta. I'm taking it for anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia pain. It is the best medication I have taken for depression. I have tried numerous other depression and anxiety medications and nothing makes me feel as good as Cymbalta. Do not miss a dose though the withdrawal symptoms are terrible!"

CandiceL March 6, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took this for 5 years at 90mg. I eventually had to go off this medication because the side effects were intolerable. I had night terrors every night, severe night sweats, teeth grinding and insomnia. The thing that finally did it for me was the migraines that were caused by my shoulder and neck tension on this medication. In short, it made me feel extremely anxious and stressed out. Also, withdrawal is very tough. I have been off this medicine for 3 weeks and still have severe nausea, anxiety, night sweats and night terrors."

eileenvote (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 3, 2013

"I didn't mind this medicine. I did experience nausea for the first month as which was confirmed by the side effects of this. One thing I have to say is that I became lactose intolerant while on this and it didn't matter what I ate or drank that contained lactose the symptoms for the lactose intolerance were not good. As soon as I went off the medicine I no longer had lactose intolerance."

Natasha23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2013

"I've tried them all, this was the only one that lifted me."

NothingElseWorked (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2013

"This little pill caused me to have worsening suicidal thoughts. I was on edge and crying daily. This was only being on it for 3 weeks. I do have to say it did help with fibro pain but made depression unbearable."

prplhaze (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2013

"This is my 2nd week on Cymbalta. 1st week 30mg this week 60mg. I feel weak, restless,spacy and hopeful. I have been on many different antidepressant's and things are always great then they turn on me and no longer work. So as I read some of these reviews, I have decided to continue to take and hopefully the miracle will happen to me."

mason0420 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

"Cymbalta works but hard when you have to get off it. My insurance will no longer pay for it. It was already expensive enough with insurance. Even though I am being weaned off it with my doctor on board, it ain't pretty. I am having major brain zaps, anxiety. Two more weeks of the weaning off period then my doc is starting me on Effexor. She says its the closest to Cymbalta. We will see."

Catmyst (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2013

"I just started Cymbalta. I feel really optimistic on finally finding an anti-dpressant/pain reliever. I have been diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I have had severe pain with these diagnoses. I also have severe depression and anxiety disorder. I havent taken it long enough to be sure that it will work, but so far it has made me feel a lot better. I have been reading posts about Cymbalta working but its so expensive. My doctor told me that if you go to the website for Cymbalta, there is a coupon for a 30 day free trial. Just wanted to share that for those struggling to afford it if it is working for you. Even 30 days free will help, so I just wanted to share that tip for you guys. Keep pushing through! Everything is temporary!"

rubatosis (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2013

"So far this medicine has been working great for me. Not only for my mild depression but also for my joint pain. I was not aware it was used for this however, told my physician that I was experiencing less joint and muscle pain. This is when he informed me Cymbalta was also used for pain. I cannot afford $50.00 a month. I will have to go back to my other medicine, which is less effective for joint pain but the same for depression."

guigomamma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2013

"I've been on Cymbalta 3.5 months for depression and I am very pleased to report that I feel even better now than I did the first 2.5 months. I had some gastro distress, dizziness, brain fogginess, and fatigue. All of my negative thoughts are gone, except near my menstrual cycle, I can laugh and cry again and am much better equipped to handle the stresses of life. I feel like I am finally back to normal. I'm posting for those of you just getting started on this medication. Give this medication some time, the side effects improve every month and it wasn't until I hit the three month mark that I really felt better."

Happy Camper January 18, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next