User Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Depression (Page 6)

Cymbalta Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Cymbalta

Californado · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2017

“First 24 hours my experience is as follows: I made up a joke about my experience since I had lots of time last night to think about it; I certainly wasn't sleeping. So I go to this really sleazy bar called 'The Cymbalta'. I order a shot of E Coli. I'm still standing so I tell the bartender to pour me some Dysentery. Then I try a frosty mug of Swine Flu. In other words, this stuff is like taking poison! My idea for Contraindications. 1) Not recommended for anyone who is actually alive. 2) Not recommended if you are more than 10 feet away from a toilet bowl. Yeah, I know all drugs have side effects, and this probably a transitory condition that will eventually go away. Maybe. I just don't think I can wait for the "feeling better" part to begin”

Yeti2 April 26, 2017

“I feel very conflicted about this medication. For about 80% of the day it helps me to be more stable and less reactionary. But then every day or every other day I have a breakdown and start sobbing, get very moody and paranoid, accuse my partner of not loving/caring about me, want to self harm and die. It has helped my chronic pain and doesn't cause me to dissociate constantly like many antidepressants do. However, I'm not sure it's worth it because of the breakdowns, but I'm scared to go off of it because I heard withdrawal is awful. I am just about ready to give up on medication altogether at this point.”

CymbaltaFan April 23, 2017

“Cymbalta has been an incredible drug for me. Since taking Cymbalta, I have been able to enjoy life more, sleep less and feeling more refreshed, reduction in pain, and improved memory and concentration. Recently, I have been studying for an exam. This is a hard exam, that I previously had failed before, while not taking Cymbalta. I started taking Cymbalta, approximately in January. The months leading up to the exam, I was more focused, and able to concentrate better than I can last remember. I know that Cymbalta doesn't treat concentration or memory problems, but I think that sometimes if you are depressed, it can have a severe affect on concentration. Thank you Cymbalta for helping me in my life.”

Jennifer Breese · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2017

“After reading some of these comments I realize I'm not alone I just broke down about an hour ago not understanding why am so depressed I'm not sad but I'm depressed I am a cancer patient that is 40 years old and I've been battling cancer and severely depressed since I was 24 I just recently spent a month in bed because I was in such horrible pain I finally ended up in the hospital because my cancers back once again and they upped my dose from 30 mg to 60 mg to help with pain and depression. I haven't noticed that it helps with any pain but I have had all the side effects but I've read in these comments I'm so glad I found this now I know to stop taking this med but I'm terrified of the side effects to come I haven't worked since January 5 I get discharge from the hospice house on February 20 and all I can do is go to the bathroom and lay in my chair I'm fighting so hard to be happy but nothing is working”

KDev · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2017

“I experienced brain "zaps" and severe mood changes on Cymbalta. It worked great for neuropathy at first but it worsened my depression and anxiety. I felt restless all the time, like I was climbing the walls. Eventually I felt numb and unable to function. My doctor refused to take me off of it, so I took myself off and found a new doctor who refilled my Zoloft prescription.”

bfdarvey3744 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2017

“I must say that it helped with my neuropathy, but from day one, I had a terrible time urinating and was experiencing horrible nightmares. As soon as I discontinued it, these symptoms went away. I am on Zoloft now without any problems.”

ccinsf · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2017

“I had such a mixed experience on Cymbalta. I took it for 1 month. It made half my day awful, and the other half great. I would take it in the morning (30mg) and for the first half of the day I would feel this dark undercurrent, but kind of speedy at the same time. It made me have terrible anxiety and paranoia and I fought with my husband in the mornings, accusing him of petty things. Then around 1pm this darkness would lift and I would feel happy; it was really bizarre. But the damage done to my marriage from my behavior in the mornings was terrible. I hope my husband can forgive me for the drama. My last dose was 2 days ago and I feel much more stable and sane. I did not like how this drug altered my personality so much in the mornings.”

Sugarplumsquirrel March 9, 2017

“I took it for 5 days 30mg and have never felt so sick. The first day I was crippled with diarrhea and a headache which continued to the following day. I then got a tightness in my throats and couldn't stop yawning. I stopped eating due to the nausea.The headache didn't go away and by day 3 was joined by an earache and sweating. Yesterday was the worst. All of I sudden my vision became blurry and I couldn't talk properly. It was terrifying. Like my brain stopped working. I couldn't drive and was so dizzy I kept falling over. I stopped immediately and now have to wait 3 days for it to leave my system. I still feel horrendous and I still can't see properly.”

Happy again 1 February 3, 2017

“I will make it real simple. IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER. I am out going, I love talking to people again! I have always been an introvert. No any longer. I've tried every med for depression with really no success. I enjoy laughing again, and my coworkers are now involving me with them. I always felt like a loner. All those sad emotions are gone. It has been a miracle drug for me. I never thought I could feel so good.”

Hutto · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2017

“Good drug not many side effects was the only one that worked for me and I reckon I've tried every antidepressant on the market. Took 60mg for 2 years didn't find it to hard to come off was a bit grumpy for a couple weeks thats it. Also helped with my neck and nerve pain.”

Whid January 27, 2017

“I have been on Cymbalta for at least 4-5 years. I took it with lamactal also as it did not seem to help or put the anxiety/depression. I now am doing acupuncture and going off both drugs. Horrible!!!!!!!! I tried to tell my doctors that I still felt crumby on cymbalta but they just upped my dosage. I think there are other ways to deal with anxiety and depression. At the very least you should find out if a certain drug works well with you by checking it out with a pharmacologist, so you can be matched. Good luck to all who are suffering, it is not much fun.”

PacNorthWest · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2017

“Made me sooooo tired, but still also was able to make my anxiety spike, but worse by far is I LOST 80% OF MY ONCE BEAUTIFUL HAIR!”

Leon57 January 20, 2017

“Caused me severe anxiety/agitation. Its action increases Norepinephrine levels as well as Serotonin...and its that effect on Norepinephrine that has me climbing the walls! Not good for my depression or anxiety!”

Erikap94 January 19, 2017

“This was a god send for me as I've tried others and nothing helped, I am currently on max dosage 120mg a day but I'm still alive and that's the main thing, it doesn't at all help with my fibro I don't think but anxiety has near enough gone and depression very copable , obviously I get bad days still its not a permanent everyday fix, but be WARNED, you may gain a lot of weight over 3 + years I've taken this and its basically stopped my metabolism, I exercise and hardly eat bad stuff but I have gained over 5 stone, so to be honest, I'm thinking of stopping it for this reason only, other than that for my depression and anxiety etc its been amazing”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2017

“I was put on Cymbalta 60mg when I was in the psych ward for a suicide attempt. This medication significantly helped my depression and my thoughts of suicide went away. Cymbalta has been life changing for me. I thought I didn't need it anymore so I took myself off of it a month ago. The withdrawals are terrible! Worse than wothdrawaling from benzos, I was shaky for a straight week. After being off of it for a couple weeks my depression and anxiety came back full force, I realized how much it had been helping me and asked my doctor to put me back on it. I'm now on 30mg and feel less anxious and less sad.”

cadenhong January 16, 2017

“I like it, but it is not as good as I thought.”

Anonymous January 14, 2017

“Cymbalta helped me overcome my depression. I was on the medication for about a year and a half. I think having a great talk therapist was also key. I focused on cognitive behavioral therapy. I did not experience any side effects while on cymbalta.”

SashaL · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2017

“I took my first dose of Cymbalta last night and woke up in the early morning seriously nauseated and actually vomited. I went to work and I am struggling to stay awake. I already nodded off a couple of times. I don't think this med is going to work for me.”

Leahlo915 January 5, 2017

“This medication saved my life. I was severely depressed with suicidal thoughts...felt miserable and completely hopeless. The hardest thing was the first couple of weeks on this drug. I had nausea fatigue headaches etc. But please if you are suffering stick with it. 6 weeks later I am happy hopeful trying new things and loving life. This is a medication that takes TIME so be patient. But it has completely changed my life and I am so grateful.”

Tryinganother · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2016

“I haven't noticed any help at all with my depression, my anxiety has gotten worse and I've never been so tired in my life. Also I'm all out sweating like crazy during the most very minimal tasks.”

Blessed37 December 22, 2016

“I have been severely depressed over the past two years after the passing of my mother. MD tried me on Wellbutrin, Trazadone and Celexa. I continued on the Celexa for about 1 1/2 years but still had many days with depression and losing jobs only to remain in bed depressed, hopeless , tearful and suicidal thoughts. None of those meds worked for me. I have currently seen a new MD and changes my meds to Cymbalta in AM and Elavil in PM. These meds are miracle drugs for me. Been on them for a month now. I've never felt this good in years!!! ”

Ryan7741 December 20, 2016

“please be cautious before taking cymbalta. I took cymbalta for 20 months, then decided to quit after changing my lifestyle. After discontinuing my perscription of 60mgs a day I endured brain zaps, insomnia, and eye pain for 3 weeks.”

Ithelpsme · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2016

“I take cymbalta for depression and anxiety. I've read a few comments on here and it sounds like a few people may have or had serotonin syndrome. It has happened to me in the past when a prior doct didn't pay attention to my meds. Please be safe. Cymbalta has helped me a lot. I went off for about 3 yrs and have had to go back on.”

CGW70 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2016

“So far, so good. I haven't been on it very long but I definitely feel like my overall quality of life has improved. Mild headache and nausea the first week or two, which went away. I still get sad, when sad things happen, but it no longer feels overwhelming. The "doom and gloom" is definitely gone. I take 2 a day, in the morning.”

Tamz65 December 6, 2016

“This is like a miracle drug to me. I suffer from severe depression, anxiety & fibromyalgia. After 2 weeks on Cymbalta my pain significantly improved as well as my mood/anxiety. I'm taking 60 mg once a day.”