User Reviews for Clobetasol

Also known as: Clobevate, Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Cormax Scalp, Dermovate, Embeline, Embeline E, Olux, Olux-E, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Temovate, Temovate E, Temovate Emollient

Learn more about Clobetasol.

Anal Itching 1 reviews 163 medications

Lichen Planus 3 reviews 56 medications

8.8
Summary of Clobetasol reviews 96 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Clobetasol

For Dermatological Disorders: "I had this strange itchy condition on my legs and sometimes forearms. The Dermatologist gave this to me after I tried over the counter that didn't work. I don't think this works much better than the neosporin "cream" (not gel). The Neosporin gives me immediate relief it just doesn't last long. Jury is out with this stuff. I put on for first time last night but still had bouts of itching on corners of foot, ankle, thigh and forearms. I am not sure what is going on with me. I live in California and hike a lot. I get scaly red itchy top of ankles and slight rashy bumps on legs Itches like crazy then will subside. I now have sores from scratching. With all the reviews I thought I'd get an obvious result of something - I don't feel much different. I still itch. So this isn't much better than my neosporin cream I use."

Sydney0502 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Used for poison ivy / oak/ sumac that I had going on 10 days. Immediate relief for itching, but only use as directed as this is all you need."

USMC E-8 August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dermovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It wasn't prescribed to me in the US, mostly in Europe. I like the cream better than the ointment. Compared to the other treatments in its class, ID doesn't cause depigmentation and it's very fast absorbed. I only use clobetazol liquid for scalp and it works fine."

curlydiana83 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Was given to me for what Dr said was poison oak rash. Has not helped"

Grtlfe (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Olux (clobetasol) for Dermatological Disorders: "Had flaking scalp for so long, noting helped, had to see dermatologist, she prescribed Olux, can't believe it, but problem was gone after 3 applications! I wish I ask for help earlier!"

doesn't matter (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Olux (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It's a foam which I like, and it dries fast and clean. It's a pretty strong steroid so it does work, but obviously you can't stay on it forever. Within a week or two of using it, it will clear up your patches, but again as soon as you stop using it they will come back. I've got pretty good insurance, and it still cost me around $100 for a bottle. I recommend it for the really bad tricky spots, but don't use for too long as it will scar your skin."

Wooster777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Clobex is in shampoo form. I use that weekly. Need 2 tsp. Lathers up really well. I leave the shampoo on for a few hours then rinse. This is a great maintenance first me between the spray applications- I apply the spray on wet hair/scalp so it stretches the product more bc it's expensive."

Clobex Discount Available March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Temovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Began use of this medication upon receipt in mail. Only a few doses were necessary when effectiveness were noted. No side effects noted throughout the treatment period. Dermatologist will review the site at next appointment."

Vincent43 February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Temovate (clobetasol) for Dermatitis: "I have used both Temovate and the generic Clobetasol for the treatment of poison ivy. Both were equally effective. Over the counter meds-ointments such as caladryl and cortisone did nothing to relieve the itching and misery, however, as soon as applying temovate or clobetasol to the affected areas, the itching was relieved and greatly reduced almost immediately. Within a day, the blisters were dried up and within 2 days everything cleared up. This is experience with these topical steroids over the past 30 years. Nothing else has ever worked, and I tried everything including over the counter ointments, lotions and Aveeno baths."

MikeEdmi February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "summer of 2016, i got burnt to a crisp. decided not to wear sunscreen. Dumb idea. after the burning, and peeling of my skin came the "hell's itch". i wanted to RIP MY SKIN OFF. people USE SUNSCREEN. if you decide not to wear sunscreen, be prepared. if you want a quick solution when the itch arrives, CALL A DERMATOLOGIST OFFICE. make sure they accept your insurance, and BEG to be seen. I was prescribed clobetasol propionate solution, told to use Sarna Anti itch lotion in between clobetasol usage, also take an over the counter pill of zyrtec once a day, and was also prescribed hydroxyzine to help me sleep. And to wear COTTON clothes all the time. took all that medicine due to the complexion of my skin. BEST DECISION EVER."

Anonymous January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "Clobetasol solution works best when I put it in a spray bottle, and spray my areas and rub it in. I have plaque so it takes a week on a daily basis. Yes it does contain steroids and steroids are good for you to heal. I'm not hitting 60 home runs a year But along side with stellara I'm clear and that's all that matters..."

Jimmy7612 June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "CLOBEX IS AMAZING. It doesn't cure psoriasis but it will clear you up. My scalp is bad. within a week I was completely clear. I could go 2 weeks before it started to appear back on scalp. I use the spray for a few days and it was gone....Problem now is there is a generic so my insurance will not pay for the brand. The cost of brand out of pocket is 900.00. Who has that kind of money? the generic does absolutely nothing for me. No relief what so ever. The entire insurance industry is such a crock in the USA."

DONNA SUT June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've tried almost everything for psoriasis in the past. It was an extremely embarrassing time in my life. I was at the point that I was going to ask the doctor if he could just surgically remove the areas. Then I tried clobex spray. Within 2 weeks it was completely gone. Being a nurse, I've run across alot of patients that I have suggested them to try this spray. They have all had success and come back to thank me. I even tried it on my poison ivy and it worked wonders. Thank you to the makers of Clobex. You have changed my life. Forever grateful!!"

Zmommyof4 June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I used it for 3 weeks and then my Dr instructed me to stop using it for a week and by the next week my condition completely flared up again. I know this medication works extremely well at treating the condition and preventing it from additional flare ups. I have plantar psoriasis on the balls of both feet. It starts out with bumps under the skin and in 2-4 days they become big water filled blisters that are the size of a dime, most of them are the size of a quarter and the largest one I had was bigger than a half dollar. They were 75percent healed when I had to stop using it for a week and on day 5 I felt more bumps under the skin. Sure enough I have 5 more on the ball of the same foot in the same area. Good grief. It's very painful."

cspmbs April 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "Worked for a couple of weeks, then not so much!!!"

ckarl26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Eczema: "As most other users comment I call Clobex Spray my wonder drug, at its worst my eczema results in the skin on my hands / fingers covered in open weeping sores so that I have to wear cotton gloves constantly. Clobex Spray clears this condition in 2 or 3 days. But the main point of my review, last time I bought Clobex it cost me $600 a bottle, this means I could rarely afford to use it. I went to a different dermatologist, he prescribed Clobex for supply through a specific mail order pharmacy, the cost with no insurance coverage, was $50! I don't imagine I can name the pharmacy here, but PLEASE if this stuff works for you, get your dermatologist to do his job to find you a pharmacy where you can actually afford to buy it."

PJO (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "This treatment is very potent and was very effective for me! I think it is significantly stronger than normal steroids so I never used it for the eczema on my face. However, for the discoid eczema that I've been dealing with for around a year on my hands, arms and legs, it has been very effective at tackling any breakouts or severe redness and scaliness. For me I can normally work see the effects overnight but I find it to be most effective if used for 3-5 days (making sure to use emollients meanwhile) and then to stop for a week or whenever next needed. Definitely recommend if a weaker steroid is not working!"

Maximillian90 March 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I had contact dermatitis from a makeup product that caused me to break out in dry flakey red rash spots all over my face. I was prescribed Clobetasol... I put it on this evening and after about 6 hours wearing this cream on my face about 85% of the redness is gone, the texture of my skin went from irritated, tight, dry and flaking to smooth and calm and even toned! This stuff is a miracle!"

MareeDee December 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "It works because it has steroids. Steroids reboot the immune system. Steroids can also cause problems so use as little as possible. .. you will figure it out."

Yes it does (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "So like many people here I have had good results but there are a few things to point out. This is s very potent steroid and needs to be used for short periods of time. It's meant to knock down a flare up but is not s good long term choice. It will thin the skin and cause stretch marks. I know from experience. Also the more you use it the less effective it becomes and overuse can cause cushings disease. So... Long story short, it works but be careful"

DougieD 1980 December 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I would use clobex on my thick plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It literally cleared it up completely within 48 hrs to the point where I can go and get my hair cut. The best med I've used in my 30 years of trying everything"

Lilmack October 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clobex (clobetasol) for Lichen Sclerosus: "I've used Clobetasol Propinate for several years now. I have to use the ointment, the creme burns when I apply it. But it heals the cracks and itching and bleeding I get from my outbreaks."

peaches4ft11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "My dyshidrotic eczema has been fairly constant for the past decade. Prior it was caused by food prep (was a cook), now it just is for no apparent reason. I have used betamethazone and cordran tape, with limited results. Dyshidrotic eczema requires strong medicine. My condition gets pretty chronic with peeling dry patches that often have persistent painful cracking. Within a couple of weeks of intentional use, the condition gets much better. It never goes completely away, but is much more manageable. I apply at night most days, if it has a flare up, then several times a day. I'm not sure of all of the different ways you can get clobetasol, but I use ointment. If you need a medicine this strong, be thankful it exists! It gets it done!"

dyshidrotic eczema sufferer September 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I developed serious psoriasis about 8 years ago (age 12). Nonetheless, this is the only form of treatment that truly works for me. It works as well as how often you use it. I sometimes find myself using it once a week and I'll have sporadic patches. If I use it consistently, not a spot. Brilliant. Although it is expensive, it works so well that you can really make it last if you use it efficiently."

Rick L August 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I have been using Clobetasol topical solution for inflammation/itching of scalp into my fifth week, now. It is working and the itching is gone. I get the two 50ml bottles and my insurance pays 425.00 and I pay only $20.00. The 100ml last me a month. I just got my second refill for another 100ml. No problems with my insurance. I will see my dermatologist this week for another evaluation."

Mamas girl July 29, 2015