User Reviews for Clobetasol

Also known as: Clobevate, Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Cormax Scalp, Dermovate, Embeline, Embeline E, Impoyz, Olux, Olux-E, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Temovate, Temovate E, Temovate Emollient …show all brand names

Anal Itching

Psoriasis
8.7

Summary of Clobetasol reviews 8.9 106 reviews

Reviews for Clobetasol

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I was on clobex spray and shampoo for several years at the direction of several dermatologists. I would use regularly and then take breaks while I was clear. The clearing time would get shorter and shorter - in between I was not able to maintain the clearance with lower potency steroids. Every time my Psoriasis would come back angrier, redder, patcher, more itchy than before. In 2 years on Clobex on and off - my coverage went from 5% to 30% - started becoming aggressive and not responding to clobex on my legs. BEWARE of this medication. If it seems too good to be true - it's because it is. I was trapped in the clearance-worse outbreak-anxiety-clearance-horrible outbreak cycle for years. This medication is not a cure-all and can make your Psoriasis worse in the long-term."

notforme (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This is miracle for my dad it’s been long time struggling with psoriasis he used this for one week now he’s all clear"

Gur July 18, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I've had this psoriasis over my right ankle for over 15 years, with flare-ups at times, itching scaling, broken skin, etc. I tried not to let it bother me because it has not shown up anywhere else. Through the years I've tried many creams and nothing helped. Recently I tried this medication and in a couple of days my skin cleared completely. I used it a few days and then went a week without it and it seemed like it was healed. Eventually I felt some itching and used it again. Now I use it once every four or five days just in case and I've been completely clear. The unknown is that although several doctors told me it was psoriasis, the most recent doctor said it could be some kind of dermatitis since it has always stayed in the same place affecting only one leg. Whatever it is, the medication is working great. Thanks!"

John G (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Dermatitis: "I first used Temovate but then as prescribed the clobetasol .01 cream (The .05 lotion didn’t help much.) My husband I are gardeners and hunters and have found this works! I know there are restrictions which we follow. We have used periodically for years."

Dee dee (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Psoriasis: "Hi I've been using clobetasol for a long time and it really works for my psoriasis on my head and now I don't have it anymore."

Beta May 17, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Only thing that has worked for me so far. I have dermatitis on my underarms, inner thighs, lower back. Have tried other products but keep coming back to this."

Tati (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2018

Olux (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've had severe psoriasis since an infant. I have back of scalp, nape neck outside each ear and inside 1 ear. I've tried every cream and shampoo nothing worked. At 15 my Dr came across samples. It hurt, it burned but it worked. Dr had 2 push it thru Medicaid. They approved it 4 me & no charge. Doesn't leave scalp greasy. I used it off & on as symptoms flared.It removed it from outside ears & dramatically reduced it on scalp & inside ear. Starts showing results with in 1 week. It took 3 weeks for it to disappear off front ears. I was young & didn't continue use .If I had used it right (always hated the burn) I believe it would have completely removed it from all areas. Once 18 I didn't have Medicaid & wasn't able to afford insurance or the medication (very costly) .I am 29 years old & it never returned on outside of ears. I do still have it inside ear & scalp .I have lived with it since. Please recommend this medication to your Dr if you can afford it. You wont regret it. Best ever used."

Firm believer April 21, 2018

For Dermatitis: "Got this prescribed for eczematous dermatitis and after an hour of application I started feeling very dizzy, drunk-like dizziness, room was spinning. I felt like that the whole night. In the morning I applied again and felt a little better but still lightheaded. Felt heartbeat increase and took my blood pressure and it was pretty high and I'm a 31 year old healthy slim woman. I started looking for side effects and found that the drug can cause new or worsening blood pressure, also dizziness and fainting. Stopped using it after 3 days and feel a lot better. For those 3 days, my skin did not improve a lot."

Loolie February 27, 2018

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I used Clobex spray this summer for 4 weeks in June 2017. This gave me almost immediate clear skin on my elbows. This lasted until September (long sleeve season). Thanks Clobex, I plan on using this every summer to give me clear skin during short sleeve weather. Hopefully some day they find a permanent cure for this disease !"

HockeyFan88 December 6, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Worked for me!"

jinipau (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Dermatological Disorders: "I had this strange itchy condition on my legs and sometimes forearms. The Dermatologist gave this to me after I tried over the counter that didn't work. I don't think this works much better than the neosporin "cream" (not gel). The Neosporin gives me immediate relief it just doesn't last long. Jury is out with this stuff. I put on for first time last night but still had bouts of itching on corners of foot, ankle, thigh and forearms. I am not sure what is going on with me. I live in California and hike a lot. I get scaly red itchy top of ankles and slight rashy bumps on legs Itches like crazy then will subside. I now have sores from scratching. With all the reviews I thought I'd get an obvious result of something - I don't feel much different. I still itch. So this isn't much better than my neosporin cream I use."

Sydney0502 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

For Dermatitis: "Used for poison ivy / oak/ sumac that I had going on 10 days. Immediate relief for itching, but only use as directed as this is all you need."

USMC E-8 August 10, 2017

Dermovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It wasn't prescribed to me in the US, mostly in Europe. I like the cream better than the ointment. Compared to the other treatments in its class, ID doesn't cause depigmentation and it's very fast absorbed. I only use clobetazol liquid for scalp and it works fine."

curlydiana83 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

For Dermatitis: "Was given to me for what Dr said was poison oak rash. Has not helped"

Grtlfe (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Olux (clobetasol) for Dermatological Disorders: "Had flaking scalp for so long, noting helped, had to see dermatologist, she prescribed Olux, can't believe it, but problem was gone after 3 applications! I wish I ask for help earlier!"

doesn't matter (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Olux (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It's a foam which I like, and it dries fast and clean. It's a pretty strong steroid so it does work, but obviously you can't stay on it forever. Within a week or two of using it, it will clear up your patches, but again as soon as you stop using it they will come back. I've got pretty good insurance, and it still cost me around $100 for a bottle. I recommend it for the really bad tricky spots, but don't use for too long as it will scar your skin."

Wooster777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Clobex is in shampoo form. I use that weekly. Need 2 tsp. Lathers up really well. I leave the shampoo on for a few hours then rinse. This is a great maintenance first me between the spray applications- I apply the spray on wet hair/scalp so it stretches the product more bc it's expensive."

Clobex Discount Available March 24, 2017

Temovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Began use of this medication upon receipt in mail. Only a few doses were necessary when effectiveness were noted. No side effects noted throughout the treatment period. Dermatologist will review the site at next appointment."

Vincent43 February 26, 2017

Temovate (clobetasol) for Dermatitis: "I have used both Temovate and the generic Clobetasol for the treatment of poison ivy. Both were equally effective. Over the counter meds-ointments such as caladryl and cortisone did nothing to relieve the itching and misery, however, as soon as applying temovate or clobetasol to the affected areas, the itching was relieved and greatly reduced almost immediately. Within a day, the blisters were dried up and within 2 days everything cleared up. This is experience with these topical steroids over the past 30 years. Nothing else has ever worked, and I tried everything including over the counter ointments, lotions and Aveeno baths."

MikeEdmi February 9, 2017

For Dermatitis: "summer of 2016, i got burnt to a crisp. decided not to wear sunscreen. Dumb idea. after the burning, and peeling of my skin came the "hell's itch". i wanted to RIP MY SKIN OFF. people USE SUNSCREEN. if you decide not to wear sunscreen, be prepared. if you want a quick solution when the itch arrives, CALL A DERMATOLOGIST OFFICE. make sure they accept your insurance, and BEG to be seen. I was prescribed clobetasol propionate solution, told to use Sarna Anti itch lotion in between clobetasol usage, also take an over the counter pill of zyrtec once a day, and was also prescribed hydroxyzine to help me sleep. And to wear COTTON clothes all the time. took all that medicine due to the complexion of my skin. BEST DECISION EVER."

Anonymous January 27, 2017

For Psoriasis: "Clobetasol solution works best when I put it in a spray bottle, and spray my areas and rub it in. I have plaque so it takes a week on a daily basis. Yes it does contain steroids and steroids are good for you to heal. I'm not hitting 60 home runs a year But along side with stellara I'm clear and that's all that matters..."

Jimmy7612 June 25, 2016

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "CLOBEX IS AMAZING. It doesn't cure psoriasis but it will clear you up. My scalp is bad. within a week I was completely clear. I could go 2 weeks before it started to appear back on scalp. I use the spray for a few days and it was gone....Problem now is there is a generic so my insurance will not pay for the brand. The cost of brand out of pocket is 900.00. Who has that kind of money? the generic does absolutely nothing for me. No relief what so ever. The entire insurance industry is such a crock in the USA."

DONNA SUT June 17, 2016

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've tried almost everything for psoriasis in the past. It was an extremely embarrassing time in my life. I was at the point that I was going to ask the doctor if he could just surgically remove the areas. Then I tried clobex spray. Within 2 weeks it was completely gone. Being a nurse, I've run across alot of patients that I have suggested them to try this spray. They have all had success and come back to thank me. I even tried it on my poison ivy and it worked wonders. Thank you to the makers of Clobex. You have changed my life. Forever grateful!!"

Zmommyof4 June 17, 2016

For Psoriasis: "I used it for 3 weeks and then my Dr instructed me to stop using it for a week and by the next week my condition completely flared up again. I know this medication works extremely well at treating the condition and preventing it from additional flare ups. I have plantar psoriasis on the balls of both feet. It starts out with bumps under the skin and in 2-4 days they become big water filled blisters that are the size of a dime, most of them are the size of a quarter and the largest one I had was bigger than a half dollar. They were 75percent healed when I had to stop using it for a week and on day 5 I felt more bumps under the skin. Sure enough I have 5 more on the ball of the same foot in the same area. Good grief. It's very painful."

cspmbs April 25, 2016

For Psoriasis: "Worked for a couple of weeks, then not so much!!!"

ckarl26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016