User Reviews for Clobetasol topical

Also known as: Temovate, Clobex, Dermovate, Olux, Olux-E, Impoyz, Embeline, Clobevate, Impeklo, Clodan, Cormax Scalp, Tovet, Temovate Emollient Cormax Embeline E

Clobetasol topical has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 135 ratings on Drugs.com. 86% of those users who reviewed Clobetasol topical reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Psoriasis
Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma  Off-label
Summary of Clobetasol topical reviews 8.9 135 reviews

Reviews for Clobetasol topical

tylit43 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2021

For Lichen Planus: “This stuff (Clobetasol) is absolutely worthless for my condition, for one thing the dosage 0.05 is not strong enough, and my dermatologist claims that she can't get it any higher, but that is not what the Internet states. I'll give her one more chance to find something that works for, or I'm OUT!!! There are several more drugs that are available. I give Clobetasol a big fat "0". I've been suffering with this rubbish for almost two years.”

Teem April 13, 2021

Dermovate (clobetasol) for Lichen Planus: “Very effective”

Imyouhesme · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 22, 2021

For Eczema: “It worked okay at first and yes, it can help take the edge off when you are suffering from eczema. However, my symptoms are now worse because of this medication and I would recommend anyone with eczema to avoid this toxic medication.”

waterfish September 19, 2008

For Anal Itching: “I had severe rectal itching for years and was prescribed many useless or harmful medicines and treatments for the condition. Clobetasol stopped the itching within days and it has been a year and the itching has not returned.”

Klg1980 · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2018

For Eczema: “Clobatesol cleared my skin in 4 days. This medication is a miracle for me. I have dyshidrotic eczema, and atopic dermatitis. The only place I break out are on my hands severely and my feet mildly. As you can guess, keeping my hands medicated and moisturized has always been a challenge. I manage a restaurant so my poor hands suffer. I have tried numerous steroids with no luck. Within 3 days my hands go from normal to swollen, dry, cracked skin with bumpy fluid filled itchy blisters that break open, bleed and cause the itch to intensify. I wake in the night itching so bad I cry. I know this is TMI but the reason I'm describing what I have so well, is in case anyone with my symptoms can relate and possibly find a solution. All healed over here!”

Anonymous March 19, 2009

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I have had moderate and sometimes severe plaque and guttate psoriasis for 16 years, using clobetasol (clobex) for 14. Clobex is the only thing that can eliminate my psoriasis almost completely. It is a very effective drug, but I feel I really should warn people of the devastating effects that can occur if the drug is applied continuously. When using clobex or any other strong topical corticosteroid, you are supposed to use it for no more than 2 weeks, then take a break I believe should be between 2 and 3 weeks. I made the mistake of not doing that. I used it continuously because I wanted to be clear. Now, my skin is paper thin. Nearly every vein is visible, and I break blood vessels constantly, and I have stretch marks everywhere.”

Anonymous September 29, 2011

For Dermatitis: “Best medication, for dyshidrotic eczema, I have found after many years of suffering. It clears up the water bubbles I have that pop on my skin and soothes the cracked peeling skin that result from the bubbles.”

Lilmack October 26, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I would use clobex on my thick plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It literally cleared it up completely within 48 hrs to the point where I can go and get my hair cut. The best med I've used in my 30 years of trying everything”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I have suffered from itching for 8yrs and dermatologist didn’t know what to do. I would get itchy after I would shower, have anxiety, nervousness, heat, anything would trigger it. It made me so depressed because nobody could fix it I thought I tried every cream, ointment, herb, vitamins , even tried ultra light therapy you name it I tried it. But now this cream saved my life literally I’m so thankful I found a dermatologist that could help me. I called in one day because the itching got so bad it brought me to my knees and she prescribed this clobetasol. I hope my testimony can help someone ... lastly hope this cream can work for u ...”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

For Lichen Sclerosus: “I have tried everything to get rid of my lichen sclerosus and it was so bad in the vaginal area now the great thing is that I tried Lotrimin cream for ringworm and antifungal and it has completely cleared up the vaginal area the white spots are completely gone that's what I will use from here on out”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Lichen Sclerosus: “I had been to two doctors who couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Finally I happened to see a nurse practitioner who knew what I had right away Lichen Sclerosus. I had gone untreated for a year and was in terrible pain. There was severe disfigurement of my anus and vulva. The clobetasol treatment completely got rid of the pain and itching immediately. I had my first full night sleep in months. This med. is wonderful for this disease.”

DONNA SUT June 17, 2016

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “CLOBEX IS AMAZING. It doesn't cure psoriasis but it will clear you up. My scalp is bad. within a week I was completely clear. I could go 2 weeks before it started to appear back on scalp. I use the spray for a few days and it was gone....Problem now is there is a generic so my insurance will not pay for the brand. The cost of brand out of pocket is 900.00. Who has that kind of money? the generic does absolutely nothing for me. No relief what so ever. The entire insurance industry is such a crock in the USA.”

Anonymous March 20, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I used this medication as directed and it completely cleared up my psoriasis. However, I became extremely stressed. I didn't know why I felt this way until someone else who used it experienced the same. After stopping it my adrenal glands were fatigued and I suffered from depression. My psoriasis also returned. This is very potent and I advise anyone who wants to use it to use something more natural and more safe.”

Fran · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 19, 2019

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I have used Clobex for many years. It is the only product that has worked for me. Thankfully, I currently only have psoriasis on my scalp. I use the spray and rub it into my entire scalp. I am only able to use it once a day, at night time, and it usually takes 3 days for my scalp to be clear. Then I can go a couple of months before I have to use it again. I have asked my dermatologist about using the shampoo instead of spray but he has said that he believes the spray works better than the shampoo.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2014

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I have poison ivy every year for the last 6 yrs I have seen drs / emergency rooms and they never help me they only told me to used Benadryl. I have it infected and nobody ever prescribe anything. It last for more than a month but this year I went to see a new doctor and he prescribed this cream for me and as soon he applied to my rash I feel the difference is like magic. I went Wednesday night and today is Friday and is almost drying out. Finally something works for me I'm so happy, expensive but worth it.”

DougieD 1980 December 1, 2015

For Psoriasis: “So like many people here I have had good results but there are a few things to point out. This is s very potent steroid and needs to be used for short periods of time. It's meant to knock down a flare up but is not s good long term choice. It will thin the skin and cause stretch marks. I know from experience. Also the more you use it the less effective it becomes and overuse can cause cushings disease. So... Long story short, it works but be careful”

Wess · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “Clobex for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this spray. I say "spray" because the ointment did nothing. The spray, for some reason is absolutely amazing. One place on my knee where the P wasn't removable with a jackhammer, magically cleared up 99% of the area in less than 1 week. My arms - my chest - EVERYTHING - it's gone. My Psoriasis is gone. I've gone through shampoos. NOW - if I stop using the spray for a week or longer, the symptoms return - but until a cure is found for Psoriasis - this medication is hands-down, the absolute best there is.”

BeachLizard1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “After about a year with this, I went to see a doctor & I was just diagnosed with pustular psoriasis - palms of hands and bottom of feet only. Before seeing a doctor, I started juicing heavily - 200lbs (no, that's not a typo) of carrots in three weeks & added green juices to my regimen as well. My hands had completely cleared and my feet were almost completely clear. But because of another issue, I went to my doctor - and because of the then upcoming tests I backed off of my juicing completely. The psoriasis came back on my hands and feet. While I wasnt juicing, I figured I would find out what it was. Doc gave me the Clobex spray. For the immediate painful inflammation problems in my feet caused by the psoriasis, this stuff is AWESOME.”

wantkix April 16, 2020

For Psoriasis: “My psoriasis affected areas, in order, from bad to worse; shins, buttocks, scalp hair line, behind ears, calves, knees,front of thighs, outside of thighs, elbows (real bad), torso mainly abdomin, back of thighs. Used salicyclic acid and chinese herb blend in cream form for 2 years. However, plaque still appeared. then sudden spread and outbreak. Dr. prescribed Clobetasol Propionate ointment USP, 0.05%. Applied very small amount on each spot twice daily, within 5 days noticeable affects. Areas were no longer plaquing, turned pink with pinpoint size bumps on the worst spots. Itching ceased after 2 or 3 applications. Ran out of the 60 gram tube. After 21 days symptoms began to return. Refilled prescription. After 3 days spots began to disappear. pinkness faded to white. After 2 more days all spots whiter than my natural skin color. Very caucasion on butt, bottom of feet, armpits and scalp. Areas subject to sun are an olive tone that tans to dark brown easily. This medication has worked wonders!”

Worship Jesus October 27, 2013

Temovate (clobetasol) for Lichen Sclerosus: “BRAND TEMOVATE works; generic does not!! From personal experience, and that of a friend (I had brand, she had generic). I am cured, she is not. Also, hormone replacement orally and topically of estrogen plus testosterone helped greatly with the cure. I keep the area clean, using liquid soap plus Hibiclens. After drying I lightly use Nystop powder. I apply the topicals 2x daily. I can again enjoy sex, climaxing, and also have a normal life...just like I used to have. I had to appeal my insurance decision to get brand Temovate.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Dermatitis: “I had been experiencing an intense vulva itch for 4 years. I tried everything under the sun, with no relief! My skin had become inflamed, swollen and broken. I had become so depressed over this condition as I couldn’t find relief. I was miserable! Finally, I was given this lotion, and upon 1-2 applications, my condition improved to nearly 100%. It’s been a month since I was introduced to it... and I have not scratched once! Miracle drug, no doubt!”

nuttyascnb March 18, 2008

For Dermatitis: “I have excema that will randomly occur only on my palm, fingers or toes. I fought with it for years and never found any relief until I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed Clobetasol Propionate. I apply a thin layer at bedtime during outbreaks and my symptoms are gone overnight if I apply the medicine in time. If not then it takes a couple of days but this is the only medication I've found that relieves my symptoms!”

Anonymous October 12, 2010

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I used Clobex this summer for itching and dry flakes in my scalp. I became sick with a bad cold and later turned to pneumonia. I was sick all summer long with trouble breathing and wheezing. I went to an ENT and a lung doctor. None of us could figure out what was causing the lung problem. After several months I was getting better with the breathing problems. Last week I used Clobex again because the itching scalp came back. Two days later I am having breathing problems. I put 2 and 2 together, read the side effects of Clobex and breathing problems and wheezing are the first side effects listed. All that suffering because I did not read the medical bulletins earlier.”

notforme · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2018

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I was on clobex spray and shampoo for several years at the direction of several dermatologists. I would use regularly and then take breaks while I was clear. The clearing time would get shorter and shorter - in between I was not able to maintain the clearance with lower potency steroids. Every time my Psoriasis would come back angrier, redder, patcher, more itchy than before. In 2 years on Clobex on and off - my coverage went from 5% to 30% - started becoming aggressive and not responding to clobex on my legs. BEWARE of this medication. If it seems too good to be true - it's because it is. I was trapped in the clearance-worse outbreak-anxiety-clearance-horrible outbreak cycle for years. This medication is not a cure-all and can make your Psoriasis worse in the long-term.”

Safjaf · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2014

Temovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “Works best when applied at night before sleep. Good for use on the body. Not for face or other sensitive skin areas. I've only been using it for a couple of months but the results are better than any other products that I've used in the past.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 30, 2019

For Lichen Sclerosus: “I caught this early due to itching. Started with twice daily application of the cream, then twice weekly and have been on long term maintenance for six years using only when itching recurs. My primary physician does visual check annually.”

Nonna · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2019

For Psoriasis: “I've used several other medications for my scalp psoriasis, Every shampoo I tried besides clobetasol would make my hair brittle and dry. It would fall out by the handfuls, you could see spots on my head where it was so thin my scalp was showing. When I first used clobetasol shampoo I could feel the difference. It makes my hair soft and shiney ,and best of all my hair is starting to grow back.”

Anonymous September 21, 2009

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: “I have had psoriasis for years and have treated it with cortisone to control the inflammations and itching. I discovered Clobex about a year ago and used it on my elbows and scalp. It does a great job in eliminating the external signs of psoriasis when used for 2 to 4 weeks. However, after about a month the symptoms return. I have used it a second and third time with the same results but I am hesitant to continue this process considering the warnings provided.”