User Reviews for Clobetasol topical

Also known as: Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Olux, Olux-E, Temovate, ...show all 13 brand namesTemovate E, Embeline E, Clobevate, Embeline, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Cormax Scalp, Impoyz

Anal Itching

Eczema
7.5

Summary of Clobetasol reviews 8.9 114 reviews

Reviews for Clobetasol

For Dermatitis: "I had been experiencing an intense vulva itch for 4 years. I tried everything under the sun, with no relief! My skin had become inflamed, swollen and broken. I had become so depressed over this condition as I couldn’t find relief. I was miserable! Finally, I was given this lotion, and upon 1-2 applications, my condition improved to nearly 100%. It’s been a month since I was introduced to it... and I have not scratched once! Miracle drug, no doubt!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

For Psoriasis: "Had been using some other types of ointments on my legs that barely worked. Went to a new dermatologist she prescribed Halobetasol Foam and I would say in about four days psoriasis was almost completely gone."

Russ (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Lichen Planus: "I have had lichen planus for over 12 years. It comes and goes. This ointment works fast and well to treat them so they clear up. It takes about 7-10 days to completely resolve but I see results in a couple of days."

OK (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2019

For Psoriasis: "I use the one in spray, it works very well, I like it."

Nic (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2019

For Eczema: "Clobatesol cleared my skin in 4 days. This medication is a miracle for me. I have dyshidrotic eczema, and atopic dermatitis. The only place I break out are on my hands severely and my feet mildly. As you can guess, keeping my hands medicated and moisturized has always been a challenge. I manage a restaurant so my poor hands suffer. I have tried numerous steroids with no luck. Within 3 days my hands go from normal to swollen, dry, cracked skin with bumpy fluid filled itchy blisters that break open, bleed and cause the itch to intensify. I wake in the night itching so bad I cry. I know this is TMI but the reason I'm describing what I have so well, is in case anyone with my symptoms can relate and possibly find a solution. All healed over here!"

Klg1980 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Eczema: "Have dyshydriotic eczema and has not worked for me at all, no stop for the last 8 months"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2018

For Dermatological Disorders: "I had this incredibly itchy rash on my right shin. It became raised and beet red. Dermatologist D.O. (only derm around me) had no idea, nor did my PCP or Rheum drs. It went on for months. It took the Derm's DO's PA to finally dx me with Chronic Venous Insufficiency. It wasn't just a rash on the outside. It was coming from the inside. The veins in my legs where having great difficulty pumping my blood back up my legs. I elevate a lot, getting my legs above my heart. Who knew that a rash, the itchiest I've ever had, was related to my blood flow! I think there are others out there with the same thing that's going undiagnosed. Clobetasol and elevation are the only tools right now to deal with this. My insurance just took Clobetasol off it's formulary. Now I have to pony up the cash every month to keep me from wanting to cut the skin off. Thank God for Clobetasol and a really good PA who finally dx it!"

Legomom (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2018

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for 28 years and this is the first thing that after a few weeks my psoriasis is gone. Once cleared, I stopped using it and it's been about two weeks and still clear. I feel a tiny piece coming back on my elbows so will need to use it for maintenance but for the time being, best stuff ever prescribed. Also it was only $35 through a mail in pharmacy my doctor sent it through and said they have lots of coupons and such and would be way cheaper than a CVS and he was right."

Courtlynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I was on clobex spray and shampoo for several years at the direction of several dermatologists. I would use regularly and then take breaks while I was clear. The clearing time would get shorter and shorter - in between I was not able to maintain the clearance with lower potency steroids. Every time my Psoriasis would come back angrier, redder, patcher, more itchy than before. In 2 years on Clobex on and off - my coverage went from 5% to 30% - started becoming aggressive and not responding to clobex on my legs. BEWARE of this medication. If it seems too good to be true - it's because it is. I was trapped in the clearance-worse outbreak-anxiety-clearance-horrible outbreak cycle for years. This medication is not a cure-all and can make your Psoriasis worse in the long-term."

notforme (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This is miracle for my dad it’s been long time struggling with psoriasis he used this for one week now he’s all clear"

Gur July 18, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I've had this psoriasis over my right ankle for over 15 years, with flare-ups at times, itching scaling, broken skin, etc. I tried not to let it bother me because it has not shown up anywhere else. Through the years I've tried many creams and nothing helped. Recently I tried this medication and in a couple of days my skin cleared completely. I used it a few days and then went a week without it and it seemed like it was healed. Eventually I felt some itching and used it again. Now I use it once every four or five days just in case and I've been completely clear. The unknown is that although several doctors told me it was psoriasis, the most recent doctor said it could be some kind of dermatitis since it has always stayed in the same place affecting only one leg. Whatever it is, the medication is working great. Thanks!"

John G (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Dermatitis: "I first used Temovate but then as prescribed the clobetasol .01 cream (The .05 lotion didn’t help much.) My husband I are gardeners and hunters and have found this works! I know there are restrictions which we follow. We have used periodically for years."

Dee dee (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Psoriasis: "Hi I've been using clobetasol for a long time and it really works for my psoriasis on my head and now I don't have it anymore."

Beta May 17, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Only thing that has worked for me so far. I have dermatitis on my underarms, inner thighs, lower back. Have tried other products but keep coming back to this."

Tati (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2018

Olux (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've had severe psoriasis since an infant. I have back of scalp, nape neck outside each ear and inside 1 ear. I've tried every cream and shampoo nothing worked. At 15 my Dr came across samples. It hurt, it burned but it worked. Dr had 2 push it thru Medicaid. They approved it 4 me & no charge. Doesn't leave scalp greasy. I used it off & on as symptoms flared.It removed it from outside ears & dramatically reduced it on scalp & inside ear. Starts showing results with in 1 week. It took 3 weeks for it to disappear off front ears. I was young & didn't continue use .If I had used it right (always hated the burn) I believe it would have completely removed it from all areas. Once 18 I didn't have Medicaid & wasn't able to afford insurance or the medication (very costly) .I am 29 years old & it never returned on outside of ears. I do still have it inside ear & scalp .I have lived with it since. Please recommend this medication to your Dr if you can afford it. You wont regret it. Best ever used."

Firm believer April 21, 2018

For Dermatitis: "Got this prescribed for eczematous dermatitis and after an hour of application I started feeling very dizzy, drunk-like dizziness, room was spinning. I felt like that the whole night. In the morning I applied again and felt a little better but still lightheaded. Felt heartbeat increase and took my blood pressure and it was pretty high and I'm a 31 year old healthy slim woman. I started looking for side effects and found that the drug can cause new or worsening blood pressure, also dizziness and fainting. Stopped using it after 3 days and feel a lot better. For those 3 days, my skin did not improve a lot."

Loolie February 27, 2018

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I used Clobex spray this summer for 4 weeks in June 2017. This gave me almost immediate clear skin on my elbows. This lasted until September (long sleeve season). Thanks Clobex, I plan on using this every summer to give me clear skin during short sleeve weather. Hopefully some day they find a permanent cure for this disease !"

HockeyFan88 December 6, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Worked for me!"

jinipau (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Dermatological Disorders: "I had this strange itchy condition on my legs and sometimes forearms. The Dermatologist gave this to me after I tried over the counter that didn't work. I don't think this works much better than the neosporin "cream" (not gel). The Neosporin gives me immediate relief it just doesn't last long. Jury is out with this stuff. I put on for first time last night but still had bouts of itching on corners of foot, ankle, thigh and forearms. I am not sure what is going on with me. I live in California and hike a lot. I get scaly red itchy top of ankles and slight rashy bumps on legs Itches like crazy then will subside. I now have sores from scratching. With all the reviews I thought I'd get an obvious result of something - I don't feel much different. I still itch. So this isn't much better than my neosporin cream I use."

Sydney0502 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

For Dermatitis: "Used for poison ivy / oak/ sumac that I had going on 10 days. Immediate relief for itching, but only use as directed as this is all you need."

USMC E-8 August 10, 2017

Dermovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It wasn't prescribed to me in the US, mostly in Europe. I like the cream better than the ointment. Compared to the other treatments in its class, ID doesn't cause depigmentation and it's very fast absorbed. I only use clobetazol liquid for scalp and it works fine."

curlydiana83 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

For Dermatitis: "Was given to me for what Dr said was poison oak rash. Has not helped"

Grtlfe (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Olux (clobetasol) for Dermatological Disorders: "Had flaking scalp for so long, noting helped, had to see dermatologist, she prescribed Olux, can't believe it, but problem was gone after 3 applications! I wish I ask for help earlier!"

doesn't matter (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Olux (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "It's a foam which I like, and it dries fast and clean. It's a pretty strong steroid so it does work, but obviously you can't stay on it forever. Within a week or two of using it, it will clear up your patches, but again as soon as you stop using it they will come back. I've got pretty good insurance, and it still cost me around $100 for a bottle. I recommend it for the really bad tricky spots, but don't use for too long as it will scar your skin."

Wooster777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Clobex is in shampoo form. I use that weekly. Need 2 tsp. Lathers up really well. I leave the shampoo on for a few hours then rinse. This is a great maintenance first me between the spray applications- I apply the spray on wet hair/scalp so it stretches the product more bc it's expensive."

Clobex Discount Available March 24, 2017