User Reviews for Clobetasol

Also known as: Clobevate, Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Cormax Scalp, Dermovate, Embeline, Embeline E, Olux, Olux-E, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Temovate, Temovate E, Temovate Emollient

Learn more about Clobetasol.

Anal Itching 1 reviews 221 medications

Lichen Planus 3 reviews 56 medications

8.8
Summary of Clobetasol reviews 90 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Clobetasol

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Clobex is in shampoo form. I use that weekly. Need 2 tsp. Lathers up really well. I leave the shampoo on for a few hours then rinse. This is a great maintenance first me between the spray applications- I apply the spray on wet hair/scalp so it stretches the product more bc it's expensive."

Clobex Discount Available March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Temovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Began use of this medication upon receipt in mail. Only a few doses were necessary when effectiveness were noted. No side effects noted throughout the treatment period. Dermatologist will review the site at next appointment."

Vincent43 February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Temovate (clobetasol) for Dermatitis: "I have used both Temovate and the generic Clobetasol for the treatment of poison ivy. Both were equally effective. Over the counter meds-ointments such as caladryl and cortisone did nothing to relieve the itching and misery, however, as soon as applying temovate or clobetasol to the affected areas, the itching was relieved and greatly reduced almost immediately. Within a day, the blisters were dried up and within 2 days everything cleared up. This is experience with these topical steroids over the past 30 years. Nothing else has ever worked, and I tried everything including over the counter ointments, lotions and Aveeno baths."

MikeEdmi February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dermatitis: "summer of 2016, i got burnt to a crisp. decided not to wear sunscreen. Dumb idea. after the burning, and peeling of my skin came the "hell's itch". i wanted to RIP MY SKIN OFF. people USE SUNSCREEN. if you decide not to wear sunscreen, be prepared. if you want a quick solution when the itch arrives, CALL A DERMATOLOGIST OFFICE. make sure they accept your insurance, and BEG to be seen. I was prescribed clobetasol propionate solution, told to use Sarna Anti itch lotion in between clobetasol usage, also take an over the counter pill of zyrtec once a day, and was also prescribed hydroxyzine to help me sleep. And to wear COTTON clothes all the time. took all that medicine due to the complexion of my skin. BEST DECISION EVER."

Anonymous January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "Clobetasol solution works best when I put it in a spray bottle, and spray my areas and rub it in. I have plaque so it takes a week on a daily basis. Yes it does contain steroids and steroids are good for you to heal. I'm not hitting 60 home runs a year But along side with stellara I'm clear and that's all that matters..."

Jimmy7612 June 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "CLOBEX IS AMAZING. It doesn't cure psoriasis but it will clear you up. My scalp is bad. within a week I was completely clear. I could go 2 weeks before it started to appear back on scalp. I use the spray for a few days and it was gone....Problem now is there is a generic so my insurance will not pay for the brand. The cost of brand out of pocket is 900.00. Who has that kind of money? the generic does absolutely nothing for me. No relief what so ever. The entire insurance industry is such a crock in the USA."

DONNA SUT June 17, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I've tried almost everything for psoriasis in the past. It was an extremely embarrassing time in my life. I was at the point that I was going to ask the doctor if he could just surgically remove the areas. Then I tried clobex spray. Within 2 weeks it was completely gone. Being a nurse, I've run across alot of patients that I have suggested them to try this spray. They have all had success and come back to thank me. I even tried it on my poison ivy and it worked wonders. Thank you to the makers of Clobex. You have changed my life. Forever grateful!!"

Zmommyof4 June 17, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "I used it for 3 weeks and then my Dr instructed me to stop using it for a week and by the next week my condition completely flared up again. I know this medication works extremely well at treating the condition and preventing it from additional flare ups. I have plantar psoriasis on the balls of both feet. It starts out with bumps under the skin and in 2-4 days they become big water filled blisters that are the size of a dime, most of them are the size of a quarter and the largest one I had was bigger than a half dollar. They were 75percent healed when I had to stop using it for a week and on day 5 I felt more bumps under the skin. Sure enough I have 5 more on the ball of the same foot in the same area. Good grief. It's very painful."

cspmbs April 25, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "Worked for a couple of weeks, then not so much!!!"

ckarl26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Eczema: "As most other users comment I call Clobex Spray my wonder drug, at its worst my eczema results in the skin on my hands / fingers covered in open weeping sores so that I have to wear cotton gloves constantly. Clobex Spray clears this condition in 2 or 3 days. But the main point of my review, last time I bought Clobex it cost me $600 a bottle, this means I could rarely afford to use it. I went to a different dermatologist, he prescribed Clobex for supply through a specific mail order pharmacy, the cost with no insurance coverage, was $50! I don't imagine I can name the pharmacy here, but PLEASE if this stuff works for you, get your dermatologist to do his job to find you a pharmacy where you can actually afford to buy it."

PJO (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Atopic Dermatitis: "This treatment is very potent and was very effective for me! I think it is significantly stronger than normal steroids so I never used it for the eczema on my face. However, for the discoid eczema that I've been dealing with for around a year on my hands, arms and legs, it has been very effective at tackling any breakouts or severe redness and scaliness. For me I can normally work see the effects overnight but I find it to be most effective if used for 3-5 days (making sure to use emollients meanwhile) and then to stop for a week or whenever next needed. Definitely recommend if a weaker steroid is not working!"

Maximillian90 March 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dermatitis: "I had contact dermatitis from a makeup product that caused me to break out in dry flakey red rash spots all over my face. I was prescribed Clobetasol... I put it on this evening and after about 6 hours wearing this cream on my face about 85% of the redness is gone, the texture of my skin went from irritated, tight, dry and flaking to smooth and calm and even toned! This stuff is a miracle!"

MareeDee December 5, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "It works because it has steroids. Steroids reboot the immune system. Steroids can also cause problems so use as little as possible. .. you will figure it out."

Yes it does (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "So like many people here I have had good results but there are a few things to point out. This is s very potent steroid and needs to be used for short periods of time. It's meant to knock down a flare up but is not s good long term choice. It will thin the skin and cause stretch marks. I know from experience. Also the more you use it the less effective it becomes and overuse can cause cushings disease. So... Long story short, it works but be careful"

DougieD 1980 December 1, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "I would use clobex on my thick plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It literally cleared it up completely within 48 hrs to the point where I can go and get my hair cut. The best med I've used in my 30 years of trying everything"

Lilmack October 26, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Lichen Sclerosus: "I've used Clobetasol Propinate for several years now. I have to use the ointment, the creme burns when I apply it. But it heals the cracks and itching and bleeding I get from my outbreaks."

peaches4ft11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 25, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Atopic Dermatitis: "My dyshidrotic eczema has been fairly constant for the past decade. Prior it was caused by food prep (was a cook), now it just is for no apparent reason. I have used betamethazone and cordran tape, with limited results. Dyshidrotic eczema requires strong medicine. My condition gets pretty chronic with peeling dry patches that often have persistent painful cracking. Within a couple of weeks of intentional use, the condition gets much better. It never goes completely away, but is much more manageable. I apply at night most days, if it has a flare up, then several times a day. I'm not sure of all of the different ways you can get clobetasol, but I use ointment. If you need a medicine this strong, be thankful it exists! It gets it done!"

dyshidrotic eczema sufferer September 16, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "I developed serious psoriasis about 8 years ago (age 12). Nonetheless, this is the only form of treatment that truly works for me. It works as well as how often you use it. I sometimes find myself using it once a week and I'll have sporadic patches. If I use it consistently, not a spot. Brilliant. Although it is expensive, it works so well that you can really make it last if you use it efficiently."

Rick L August 3, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriasis: "I have been using Clobetasol topical solution for inflammation/itching of scalp into my fifth week, now. It is working and the itching is gone. I get the two 50ml bottles and my insurance pays 425.00 and I pay only $20.00. The 100ml last me a month. I just got my second refill for another 100ml. No problems with my insurance. I will see my dermatologist this week for another evaluation."

Mamas girl July 29, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lichen Planus: "I was prescribed and tried Triamcinolone Acetonide for several weeks which had little effect. I had a previous bout of Alopecia Areata and still had a little Clobex left. After reading a lot of information and just a couple days before my next appointment I tried a little on a few of the spots on my arm and they immediately started to look better. The PA that was treating me was impressed enough to give me a box of OLUX-E foam samples to try and the clearing effect was immediate, showing major improvement in just days."

Joshua Tree April 3, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "The spray is amazing...only thing that will clear my scalp...Right now my scalp is in a mess because my insurance will not pay on it and it is $400 for a 4oz bottle...I can't afford that."

karenlynn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Clobex for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this spray. I say "spray" because the ointment did nothing. The spray, for some reason is absolutely amazing. One place on my knee where the P wasn't removable with a jackhammer, magically cleared up 99% of the area in less than 1 week. My arms - my chest - EVERYTHING - it's gone. My Psoriasis is gone. I've gone through shampoos. NOW - if I stop using the spray for a week or longer, the symptoms return - but until a cure is found for Psoriasis - this medication is hands-down, the absolute best there is."

Wess (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Very potent. Works super fast. Exceptional."

Ho B (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clobex (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "After about a year with this, I went to see a doctor & I was just diagnosed with pustular psoriasis - palms of hands and bottom of feet only. Before seeing a doctor, I started juicing heavily - 200lbs (no, that's not a typo) of carrots in three weeks & added green juices to my regimen as well. My hands had completely cleared and my feet were almost completely clear. But because of another issue, I went to my doctor - and because of the then upcoming tests I backed off of my juicing completely. The psoriasis came back on my hands and feet. While I wasnt juicing, I figured I would find out what it was. Doc gave me the Clobex spray. For the immediate painful inflammation problems in my feet caused by the psoriasis, this stuff is AWESOME."

BeachLizard1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2014

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Temovate (clobetasol) for Psoriasis: "Works best when applied at night before sleep. Good for use on the body. Not for face or other sensitive skin areas. I've only been using it for a couple of months but the results are better than any other products that I've used in the past."

Safjaf (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2014