User Reviews for Inflectra

Inflectra has an average rating of 2.2 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings on Drugs.com. 12% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 88% reported a negative experience.

Crohn's Disease
Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance
Summary of Inflectra reviews 2.2 16 reviews

Reviews for Inflectra

Soccer mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 29, 2021

For Crohn's Disease: “Insurance forced me to switch to inflectra due to being cheaper for THEM for my Crohn's. I did not have a say, and insurance won't listen to Dr. recommendations. While on Remicade I only had flare ups 3 days a month during my period, but no other issues or side effects. Yet after only 2 infusions on Inflectra I have multiple daily loose stools regardless of healthy diet, as well as bloody stools at least once a day. In addition to Inflectra not preventing flare ups, inflammation, and symptoms; Inflectra has incurred more issues that I didn't have previously: Kidney pain Rib Pain Joint pain: shoulders, wrists, ankles. Nausea Headaches Severe Fatigue Charlie horse cramping in my hands, where I can't move my thumb; it's completely contracted. I'm in my early 40's with a toddler to try to keep up with, as well as career to maintain, and this isn't fair to me or my family.”

KP · Taken for 1 to 2 years · September 29, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I have Fistulizing Crohn's, dx'd 6 yrs ago @ 36yo- 11 surgeries since then: abscesses, fistulae, drains. Years of my life, my career, independence & ability to have biological children lost but Remicade saved my life. I've been in Remission since early 2018-.Trough levels in high 20's. At JUST that time, my insurance made mandatory switch: ALL patients on Remicade to Inflectra. Since that time, trough levels have steadily dropped to where I'm near rejection & TERRIFIED to start developing abscesses & fistulas again- I'd rather die. Seriously. I'm now writing to Medicare Commissioner who's probably some paper pusher w/o any IBD training to SAVE MY LIFE & give back my Remicade. Insanity. My doctor is writing a letter on my behalf but she told me that she has been denied EVERY SINGLE TIME she's requested her patients moved BACK to Remicade. It's criminal that insurance companies pick drug therapy for a disease that literally BURROWS HOLES through my body. I am only 42 & deserve a chance.”

Jim · December 31, 2020

For Psoriatic Arthritis: “Watch out for Inflectra. I originally discussed with my Doctor about using Remicade for my P-Arthritis and Psoriasis because it is covered by medicare and Humira is not. However when I went in I was given Inflectra instead. The nurses tell you it's the same thing or a generic version. They use the Inflectra for prescribed Remicade patients because it costs less. The Inflectra worked on my first two infusions but by the third injection it was useless. My arthritis and psoriasis came back in full force. At the last infusion I had an allergic reaction to the Inflectra at the hospital and was told by the nurse that I almost ended up in the ER. Then when I told the nurse that the Infectra wasn't working anyway, she told me to demand Remicade and they would have to give it to me. A report about the allergic reaction and Inflectra not working went to my doctor and now I am supposed to start Remicade this weekend. I'll post a review on Remicade once I have had a few treatments.”

In pain · Taken for less than 1 month · May 29, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Insurance company switched me off my Remicaid to the cheaper drug, Inflectra causing severe flare. Headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. No energy during the day, I have to take several naps just to get through the day. I had just gotten used to being and feeling better after fighting with my colitis. The Remiciad put me into remission and now I'm sick again because of Inflectra.”

Chino · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 2, 2020

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Was on REMICADE everything was great and I was back to feeling normal and in remission for long time. My insurance company did a mandatory med change so they could save a little bit of money. Now I'm in major pain again ,going threw flare up and near having to go to ER to get help. One dose of infletra was all it took to mess me up again. My insurance wont even let me back on REMICADE. I truly hope no one else has to be forced on infletra”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 14, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I was forced to switch Biologics due to insurance company wanting to save some money. I was finally feeling somewhat normal after being on Remicade for a year. Now I am taking Inflectra and have been feeling awful. In and out of cramping, zero energy, nauseous all the time and a few other issues. I would like to think my health is more important than my insurance company saving a few dollars....”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 23, 2020

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “My adult daughter’s both have Crohn’s disease and are on Inflectra and both now have Fistulas which should never had happened while on infusion therapy. My oldest daughter was feeling great on Remicade but to save money her insurance company made her change to Inflectra.”

Parisa · August 1, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I been living with Crohn’s for 20 years. I was in remission with Ramicade for 7 years but after I started having flare ups I switched to Humira which didn’t work for me. I end up with a Ostomy. About couple of months ago I start getting skin rash and blood work showed sign of active Crohns. I asked my doctor to try remicade again but my doctor recommended an alternative, Inflectra. I got the first injection 2 weeks ago. My blood pressure dropped to the point I couldn’t drive home. I was very tired the next day but felt ok after that. Couple of nights ago I had to go to ER. Severe joint pain, sore throat, swallowing face and hand and fever. In the matter of 3 hours I was in so put pain and could’t move. Worse experience ever. For insurance companies it cost way less than remicade but I am not putting my self in risk and getting the second injection”

Don't switch · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 29, 2021

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: “I was on remicade for 2 years and was able to have my pouchitis under control after the second infusion. No pain or inflammation. Was using the restroom 2 to 4 times a day. I have been on inflectra for 8 months 4 infusions and it has have been down hill after about 30 days from the first infusion of inflectra. I have felt like rubbish for the past 8 months loose stools using the restroom 10 to12 times a day, cramping, no energy and my inflammation is back. Do not switch to inflectra from remicade. It does not work the same.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 23, 2022

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I have using this medication for three years and it has worked very well for me. I have never had a reaction to it and it keeps my ankylosing spondylitis under good control. I was on methotrexate and humira before and had a major flare up.”

Indy Crohns · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 30, 2021

For Crohn's Disease: “Terrible side effects approximately 2 weeks after each infusion (2 total). Developed UTI after BOTH infusions and required antibiotics to treat. Sinus infection developed after 2nd infusion. Incredibly tired all the time, joint pain, muscle aches, and return of Crohn's abdominal pain. It’s a complete nightmare. Biosimilar in this instance is a joke. Nothing similar.”

Miraculous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 18, 2022

For Crohn's Disease: “After being on oral medications the first three years after being diagnosed with Crohn’s, I was put on Inflectra after developing a fistula. I have been on Inflectra for two years now. It has worked wonders! Life is normal again with no more fistula problem and only a one-week flare-up resolved with next dosage of Inflectra. Inflectra is less expensive than other similars, but that doesn’t make it bad.”

Susanne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 14, 2022

“I received the infusion every 8 weeks for Behcet’s Disease. It helped with joint pain and ulcers at first and stopped working. I have gained over 20 pounds and have issues with edema. Painful ankle swelling and facial water retention in middle of forehead. I am also very fatigued with little motivation to leave my home. The weight gain has caused depression.”

Not Similar · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 8, 2022

For Crohn's Disease: “Insurance forced me to switch from Remicade to Inflectra four months ago. I have Crohn's Disease, and was first diagnosed at age 19. Remicade worked well for me. When I was told to switch I had just had an excellent report from my latest colonoscopy. Now the symptoms are back at a level I have not experienced in years. Trough level is 2. I don't know from day to day if I can travel or even visit family or friends. I would not call this drug similar to Remicade!”

Nex · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 28, 2022

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I swear they created this drug just to get rid the sick people. It isn't working and the only answer the doctor gives me is 'it should be.' I have wounds on my body that won't heal. I swear this drug is bad for me. I am constantly sick. Because I have ulcerative colitis any symptom I have is just related to that according to doctors. I will likely die from this drug. I just feel it. How is a drug with so many side effects even approved? We will just shut your immune system down, even though you will likely die from something this medication caused way faster than your health issue would have. But hey, we made a lot of money. Hope you enjoyed you experience on Earth.”

Cronie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 2, 2021

For Crohn's Disease: “Stuff is not as good as remicade for me”

Anonymous · March 20, 2021

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been getting infusion and it hasn't helped at all. It just gives a lot of headaches and I have zero percent energy ever.”