User Reviews for Clobetasol topical to treat Lichen Sclerosus

Also known as: Temovate, Clobex, Dermovate, Olux, Impeklo, Impoyz, Clodan, Cormax, Clobevate, Olux-E, Embeline, Cormax Scalp, Tovet Temovate Emollient Embeline E …show all brand names

Clobetasol topical has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus. 78% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Clobetasol topical Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus.

Reviews for Clobetasol topical

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

“I have tried everything to get rid of my lichen sclerosus and it was so bad in the vaginal area now the great thing is that I tried Lotrimin cream for ringworm and antifungal and it has completely cleared up the vaginal area the white spots are completely gone that's what I will use from here on out”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

“I had been to two doctors who couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Finally I happened to see a nurse practitioner who knew what I had right away Lichen Sclerosus. I had gone untreated for a year and was in terrible pain. There was severe disfigurement of my anus and vulva. The clobetasol treatment completely got rid of the pain and itching immediately. I had my first full night sleep in months. This med. is wonderful for this disease.”

Worship Jesus October 27, 2013

Temovate (clobetasol): “BRAND TEMOVATE works; generic does not!! From personal experience, and that of a friend (I had brand, she had generic). I am cured, she is not. Also, hormone replacement orally and topically of estrogen plus testosterone helped greatly with the cure. I keep the area clean, using liquid soap plus Hibiclens. After drying I lightly use Nystop powder. I apply the topicals 2x daily. I can again enjoy sex, climaxing, and also have a normal life...just like I used to have. I had to appeal my insurance decision to get brand Temovate.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 30, 2019

“I caught this early due to itching. Started with twice daily application of the cream, then twice weekly and have been on long term maintenance for six years using only when itching recurs. My primary physician does visual check annually.”

Anonymous June 27, 2009

“My obstetrician/gynecologist cured the vaginal lichen sclerosis by surgically using extra skin. Still, I have to use the ointment 2x a week on the anal skin to keep the area from pain, itching and bleeding. On other days, since it is not recommended to use too often, I use raw shea butter, with emphasis on "raw." ”

Lola · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2019

Dermovate (clobetasol): “I would HIGHLY recommend this product Dermovate for lichen schlerosus”

peaches4ft11 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 25, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): “I've used Clobetasol Propinate for several years now. I have to use the ointment, the creme burns when I apply it. But it heals the cracks and itching and bleeding I get from my outbreaks.”

Anonymous September 14, 2010

Temovate (clobetasol): “Worked great for me, 2 times a day for 2 weeks then once a day. Now I only use when I feel symptoms, maybe once or twice a month. I'm careful not to use to much.”

Anonymous January 4, 2021

“Terrible drug, made it worse”

Miss Margi March 12, 2009

“Finally relief. Just wish that I could use it everyday. I have noticed though, that even on my 20 days off, each month the itching is less than before.”

Anonymous November 22, 2009

“I have used it for three years, was helping me some for awhile but now it seems to irritate me more.”

Learn more about Lichen Sclerosus