User Reviews for Certolizumab

1 review 27 medications
Summary of Certolizumab reviews 6.8 34 reviews

Reviews for Certolizumab

Aimes · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was so hesitant to use Cimzia as I was so scared I would get sick and all the associated risk and side effects of an immune suppressant... well, in 3 weeks It was for the first time in 2 years being pain free. I did feel exhausted and gain weight, whether it was because I lost my will to exercise or the medication directly. I was pain free and I never got sick. Almost 2 years in and I have not even had a cold, one ache or pain etc. I have now changed my diet and forced myself to focus a bit more on my weight, vitamins to increase my energy and feel the best I have felt in 3 years!!! I am still on Cimzia however I am trying to lower my dose. "

ItchyMegs · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cimzia worked well to treat my Psoriatic Arthritis but never really cleared my psoriasis. After a bout of Strep, my entire body became inflamed and I had to switch to Taltz (entirely different family than Cimzia). Total of 2.5 years on Cimzia. Then last year they changed their Savings card from a RX Bin to a preloaded Visa. I had to call every month to load the savings card then I had to call the specialty pharmacy every month to refill my prescription. Total of about 45 minutes to an hour a month to get it all processed. Was much more difficult than Humira and Enbrel process. Was very annoying. When I voiced my frustration with the Cimzia Savings card team, they were snippy and said "well, you're getting $750 in free medicine". Which was incorrect, I'm lucky to have good insurance so it would have only been $25 copay. Looking back, it would have been beneficial to dump the savings plan and pay the $25 to avoid frustrations."

Anastopolis · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've finished my loading dosages and will be starting monthly maintenance in two weeks. So far it's been great for the pain but has done nothing for the psoriasis. Methotrexate worked for both but I couldn't handle the constant upper respiratory infections. Then tried Otezla which as far as I'm concerned should be banned. Horrible side effects but did work for the psoriasis thought did not do much for the pain. Then they put me on sulfasalazine which I'm allergic to. So now it's Cimzia. I'm far more active than I have been in the last year. I can't complain because it has helped with the pain and I have not had any adverse side effects yet."

MW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The product Cimzia works OK for my RA, but the company is one of the worst in regards to patient support, I would try others like Humira first prior to starting this. It should be a last option just due to the lack of patient support. I would list all of the areas they are lacking in, but it would take too long. Other Biologics have their act together with better HUBs and support."

Joan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Have ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), Crohn's & psoriatic arthritis (PA) and was on Remicade for 9 years, it worked and I felt well with seldom flares. Then it stopped working and so I went onto Cimzia. My AS is the pits, My whole upper body hurts. Crohn's is so so. Looking for a newer medication that treats all three. Anyone else have all three autoimmune diseases?"

Cloud · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Just beginning cimzia (certolizumab) and now at one month shots, I actually woke up and my hands moved without pain and stiffness so it works !! The side effects are becoming less. The early side effects were fever and pain, even though it is now helping my joint pain. I have high hopes and will continue with this medicine. I am hoping for less pain and future joint damage"

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Not only did the booster shots make me nauseous, lethargic, have NO appetite, and give me daily diarrhea, they did absolutely nothing for the stiffness of pain...nothing at all. On top of that they messed up the billing and tried to bill me $16,000 for the booster shots alone - luckily I was able to get the hospital to write it off otherwise I would owe them a new car almost! BS! Enbrel was great for many years then stopped working...everything since has been a severe blow to my system overall - especially Remicade which nearly stopped my heart AND gave me pancreatitis....super fun! There is no way I will ever ever ever touch another TNF related medication or biologic as such. Thanks but no thanks...I would rather deal with the severe debilitating pain than severe debilitating pain AND feeling like total rubbish constantly from this poison medication! Beware."

Tibs · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I use to take Humira and it helped for 2 years, my doc put me on Cimzia around when it first came out. I been on it since 2010 and only 1 problem, my blood pressure goes up. Happens to only 1 out of 100 people, when it starts to wear down my blood pressure returns to normal. I started about 3 yrs ago to only take half dose (one syringe) and that shot will last for 31 days. This is great for me cost wise doing it this way. As far as the psoriasis goes take virgin olive oil 2 TBS every day and good fish oil."

Gg · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Tried on Humira but had a hiccup cough shortly after the injection and ended up with itchy rashes within a few days of each injection. Stopped Humira after two injections. Tried Cimiza today, immediately had a migraine headache and hot flash within increased blood pressure. Ten minutes later I had horrible post nasal drip with lung spasm like coughs with sight hoarseness. Noticed thirty minutes later blister like hive patches on left arm along an aggravated nerve path. Guess am allergic to it too. Good luck to everyone else trying this medication in hopes of ending their pain and on-going joint damage. It doesn't work for me and am not willing to take the risks of continuing this medication."

Roy · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have taken Cimzia for 3 years now with once a month injections. It is a miracle drug. No side effects no arthritis pain no psoriasis and I am physically active everyday. I play tennis, baseball and golf. This is a miracle drug."

Doctor George January 29, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "The first day I had an injection it was like a miracle cure! My psoriatic arthritis was almost non-existent. Unfortunately, the effects wore off after a few weeks and by the third month, it wasn't doing much of anything at all. Very disappointing - I'm back to the drawing board in finding something that will help."

SunnyTx October 18, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Finished 3 loading doses over past month, now on monthly maintenance. Psoriasis on hands/elbows/feet still bad and my pain from psoriatic arthritis still fairly bad, but I am more mobile tho it hurts to move. Tried methotrexate, Humira and Otezla in the past. Sick with a cold, we'll see how this treatment goes. Hoping for better results with more time."

Teri Dro February 22, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Been on Cimzia for almost 3 treatments, i.e. 3 months. It caused me a terrible migraine and never resolved the psoriasis on my hands. It caused pain and inflammation in my left arch and heel of my foot that radiated pain up the leg and into the hip that I just received a cortisone injection in. The pain is quite severe and lasts for at least 5 days after my treatments. I still experience arthritis stiffness and pain in my fingers and toes. I will now be trying Otezla which sounds quite scary to take but I will give it a try."

ShNel1218 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I've had horrible pain since August 2014, with very few remission periods. Humira worked okay for 2 months then stopped. My Dr said my immune system built up antibodies to block it. Then Enbrel was tried, didn't help with the pain and I had a mild allergic reaction to the third shot, so finally my Dr tried Cimzia! 5 days after my first injections I awoke pain free!!!! It lasted almost 3 weeks then I had a flare. But this flare isn't as severe as some I've had. No side effects and Cimzia so far is working great!!! Now if my immune system won't build antibodies against it!!!"

Bunna · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I cannot say my experience with these medications- enbrel, humira, simponi & cimzia have been positive. For some odd reason my body is continually rejecting them. I end up with the uncommon/ rare side effects and have to stop using. Seems once I reach a 3 month mark is when the side effects start showing. My last trial has been with cimzia, which I began symptoms for the past month or more and my research doctor had told me my symptoms were not from the cimzia.This last injection I took 3 days ago, now has given me terrible swelling in my feet and lower legs. I am at a loss now.Seems there is nothing else on the Canadian market for A.S."

Dbeav · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Love this medicine!!! I also have RA and take the mx shot rasuvo. The 2 shots from the starter pack lasted 3 weeks. I can walk barefoot and play sports with my kids. orencia wore off after about 3 months and humeria was like taking water. No side effects thus far. One happy mom!!!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Fast and great relief from RA. My scalp psoriasis came back and have been diagnosed with hypo thyroid and had weight gain."

gonefishin2743 March 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I had 2 injections and now I have Pharyngeal adema, very hoarse gravely voice, horrible dry cough, fluid in one lung, swelling feet, uncontrolled diarhea at times. I was given 2 injections when this all started. I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Remicade (also caused cough but went away when I quit the infusions), Methotrexate. I am back on Methotrexate with higher dose than before and doing fine but my Dr is very worried about the left over symptoms from the Cimzia. HE put me on a Zpac 3 days ago and hopes this will take care of the infection and clear my lung."

BarkleyO. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I initially took Cimzia as part of a clinical trial. During the trial, we received a full dose (400 mg) every 2 weeks but, once it was available on the market, the dose was only 400 mg every 4 weeks (or 200 mg every 2 weeks). The medicine wore off before the 4 weeks was up, so I switched to Humira, which worked much better. Now that I've had rare side effects to Humira (and already failed Remicade), I've had to switch back to Cimzia. It is only working for about a week and a half of the four weeks (at 400 mg). I hope to find another alternative, as this isn't worth it."

Mrs. Casey November 7, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Love this med. take every 2 weeks works great. Did Remicade before and it's so nice not to have to go to the hospital. Very nice to do injections at home totally recommend"

Monicam78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have been taking cimzia for my AS. I started 3 months ago and I haven't had a flare up."

mb30 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Cimzia worked the best and fastest for my RA. I was on Simponi & Enbrel before but they stopped working after a few months and took some time to kick in. The only thing is that all these biologics make my psoriasis come back for some reason. Also, I've been having hive-like reactions on my mouth and cheeks almost daily for the past 2 months."

Voodoo63 April 19, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "After exhausting other options, medications i am now on Cimzia, It works as well as most, better than some. Ease of use could be better, Support is great."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2014

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Almost instant relief of joint pain and inflammation on first injection, no reaction to needle. Great help from Cimzia Support. Still taking methotrexate weekly injection twice a month, still have inflammation."

Kdtownsley · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2013

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!"