User Reviews for Certolizumab to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as: Cimzia

Certolizumab Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Certolizumab

MW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "The product Cimzia works OK for my RA, but the company is one of the worst in regards to patient support, I would try others like Humira first prior to starting this. It should be a last option just due to the lack of patient support. I would list all of the areas they are lacking in, but it would take too long. Other Biologics have their act together with better HUBs and support."

Cloud · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Just beginning cimzia (certolizumab) and now at one month shots, I actually woke up and my hands moved without pain and stiffness so it works !! The side effects are becoming less. The early side effects were fever and pain, even though it is now helping my joint pain. I have high hopes and will continue with this medicine. I am hoping for less pain and future joint damage"

Tibs · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "I use to take Humira and it helped for 2 years, my doc put me on Cimzia around when it first came out. I been on it since 2010 and only 1 problem, my blood pressure goes up. Happens to only 1 out of 100 people, when it starts to wear down my blood pressure returns to normal. I started about 3 yrs ago to only take half dose (one syringe) and that shot will last for 31 days. This is great for me cost wise doing it this way. As far as the psoriasis goes take virgin olive oil 2 TBS every day and good fish oil."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Fast and great relief from RA. My scalp psoriasis came back and have been diagnosed with hypo thyroid and had weight gain."

mb30 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Cimzia worked the best and fastest for my RA. I was on Simponi & Enbrel before but they stopped working after a few months and took some time to kick in. The only thing is that all these biologics make my psoriasis come back for some reason. Also, I've been having hive-like reactions on my mouth and cheeks almost daily for the past 2 months."

Kdtownsley · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2013

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!"

laney lintel January 10, 2012

Cimzia (certolizumab): "This medicine was initially a God send and my joint problems got better to the point that I was able to cut down on my pain killers. Side effects included upset stomach and abdominal pain, muscle pain. Unfortunately I have developed thyroid nodules and my liver has become enlarged and my spleen shrunk - all was well when I had a scan before taking the medicine. Have had to stop the injections and my joint condition has come back with a vengeance. "

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Cimzia (certolizumab): "GREAT. Feel better than ever using this medicine and only side effect was some weight gain."

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)