User Reviews for Certolizumab (Page 2)

Also known as: Cimzia

Certolizumab has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 52 ratings on Drugs.com. 54% of those users who reviewed Certolizumab reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance   9.2
Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis   1.0
Summary of Certolizumab reviews 6.8 52 reviews

Reviews for Certolizumab

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Not only did the booster shots make me nauseous, lethargic, have NO appetite, and give me daily diarrhea, they did absolutely nothing for the stiffness of pain...nothing at all. On top of that they messed up the billing and tried to bill me $16,000 for the booster shots alone - luckily I was able to get the hospital to write it off otherwise I would owe them a new car almost! BS! Enbrel was great for many years then stopped working...everything since has been a severe blow to my system overall - especially Remicade which nearly stopped my heart AND gave me pancreatitis....super fun! There is no way I will ever ever ever touch another TNF related medication or biologic as such. Thanks but no thanks...I would rather deal with the severe debilitating pain than severe debilitating pain AND feeling like total rubbish constantly from this poison medication! Beware.”

Tibs · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I use to take Humira and it helped for 2 years, my doc put me on Cimzia around when it first came out. I been on it since 2010 and only 1 problem, my blood pressure goes up. Happens to only 1 out of 100 people, when it starts to wear down my blood pressure returns to normal. I started about 3 yrs ago to only take half dose (one syringe) and that shot will last for 31 days. This is great for me cost wise doing it this way. As far as the psoriasis goes take virgin olive oil 2 TBS every day and good fish oil.”

Gg · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Tried on Humira but had a hiccup cough shortly after the injection and ended up with itchy rashes within a few days of each injection. Stopped Humira after two injections. Tried Cimiza today, immediately had a migraine headache and hot flash within increased blood pressure. Ten minutes later I had horrible post nasal drip with lung spasm like coughs with sight hoarseness. Noticed thirty minutes later blister like hive patches on left arm along an aggravated nerve path. Guess am allergic to it too. Good luck to everyone else trying this medication in hopes of ending their pain and on-going joint damage. It doesn't work for me and am not willing to take the risks of continuing this medication.”

Roy · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have taken Cimzia for 3 years now with once a month injections. It is a miracle drug. No side effects no arthritis pain no psoriasis and I am physically active everyday. I play tennis, baseball and golf. This is a miracle drug.”

Doctor George January 29, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “The first day I had an injection it was like a miracle cure! My psoriatic arthritis was almost non-existent. Unfortunately, the effects wore off after a few weeks and by the third month, it wasn't doing much of anything at all. Very disappointing - I'm back to the drawing board in finding something that will help.”

SunnyTx October 18, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “Finished 3 loading doses over past month, now on monthly maintenance. Psoriasis on hands/elbows/feet still bad and my pain from psoriatic arthritis still fairly bad, but I am more mobile tho it hurts to move. Tried methotrexate, Humira and Otezla in the past. Sick with a cold, we'll see how this treatment goes. Hoping for better results with more time.”

Teri Dro February 22, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “Been on Cimzia for almost 3 treatments, i.e. 3 months. It caused me a terrible migraine and never resolved the psoriasis on my hands. It caused pain and inflammation in my left arch and heel of my foot that radiated pain up the leg and into the hip that I just received a cortisone injection in. The pain is quite severe and lasts for at least 5 days after my treatments. I still experience arthritis stiffness and pain in my fingers and toes. I will now be trying Otezla which sounds quite scary to take but I will give it a try.”

ShNel1218 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I've had horrible pain since August 2014, with very few remission periods. Humira worked okay for 2 months then stopped. My Dr said my immune system built up antibodies to block it. Then Enbrel was tried, didn't help with the pain and I had a mild allergic reaction to the third shot, so finally my Dr tried Cimzia! 5 days after my first injections I awoke pain free!!!! It lasted almost 3 weeks then I had a flare. But this flare isn't as severe as some I've had. No side effects and Cimzia so far is working great!!! Now if my immune system won't build antibodies against it!!!”

Bunna · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I cannot say my experience with these medications- enbrel, humira, simponi & cimzia have been positive. For some odd reason my body is continually rejecting them. I end up with the uncommon/ rare side effects and have to stop using. Seems once I reach a 3 month mark is when the side effects start showing. My last trial has been with cimzia, which I began symptoms for the past month or more and my research doctor had told me my symptoms were not from the cimzia.This last injection I took 3 days ago, now has given me terrible swelling in my feet and lower legs. I am at a loss now.Seems there is nothing else on the Canadian market for A.S.”

Dbeav · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Love this medicine!!! I also have RA and take the mx shot rasuvo. The 2 shots from the starter pack lasted 3 weeks. I can walk barefoot and play sports with my kids. orencia wore off after about 3 months and humeria was like taking water. No side effects thus far. One happy mom!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Fast and great relief from RA. My scalp psoriasis came back and have been diagnosed with hypo thyroid and had weight gain.”

gonefishin2743 March 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I had 2 injections and now I have Pharyngeal adema, very hoarse gravely voice, horrible dry cough, fluid in one lung, swelling feet, uncontrolled diarhea at times. I was given 2 injections when this all started. I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Remicade (also caused cough but went away when I quit the infusions), Methotrexate. I am back on Methotrexate with higher dose than before and doing fine but my Dr is very worried about the left over symptoms from the Cimzia. HE put me on a Zpac 3 days ago and hopes this will take care of the infection and clear my lung.”

BarkleyO. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease: “I initially took Cimzia as part of a clinical trial. During the trial, we received a full dose (400 mg) every 2 weeks but, once it was available on the market, the dose was only 400 mg every 4 weeks (or 200 mg every 2 weeks). The medicine wore off before the 4 weeks was up, so I switched to Humira, which worked much better. Now that I've had rare side effects to Humira (and already failed Remicade), I've had to switch back to Cimzia. It is only working for about a week and a half of the four weeks (at 400 mg). I hope to find another alternative, as this isn't worth it.”

Mrs. Casey November 7, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “Love this med. take every 2 weeks works great. Did Remicade before and it's so nice not to have to go to the hospital. Very nice to do injections at home totally recommend”

Monicam78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I have been taking cimzia for my AS. I started 3 months ago and I haven't had a flare up.”

mb30 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Cimzia worked the best and fastest for my RA. I was on Simponi & Enbrel before but they stopped working after a few months and took some time to kick in. The only thing is that all these biologics make my psoriasis come back for some reason. Also, I've been having hive-like reactions on my mouth and cheeks almost daily for the past 2 months.”

Voodoo63 April 19, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “After exhausting other options, medications i am now on Cimzia, It works as well as most, better than some. Ease of use could be better, Support is great.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2014

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “Almost instant relief of joint pain and inflammation on first injection, no reaction to needle. Great help from Cimzia Support. Still taking methotrexate weekly injection twice a month, still have inflammation.”

Kdtownsley · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2013

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Found this medicine very helpful. I have had a lot of trouble finding the right biologic, and have tried half a dozen. Great medicine!”

LORNA DOONE · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2012

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “Cimzia manufacturer covers copays. Have to renew each year. Can't work as nurse without it. Inject every 3 wks.”

Anonymous May 11, 2012

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: “Cimzia didn't take care of the diarrhea associated with Crohn's Disease, but it did allow me to live flare free for over three years.”

Anonymous February 29, 2012

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I was able to use CimPay to cover my $350/month copay. I was in such total remission that it felt like I didn't even have Crohns. Loved not going to hospital for Remicade infusions and had no problems with injections or any side effects. Unfortunately, now have been exposed to TB and am positive for Latent TB Infection and must discontinue Cimzia. Abdominal pain restarted at just one week past missed dose, so have been prescribed Pentasa.”

laney lintel January 10, 2012

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This medicine was initially a God send and my joint problems got better to the point that I was able to cut down on my pain killers. Side effects included upset stomach and abdominal pain, muscle pain. Unfortunately I have developed thyroid nodules and my liver has become enlarged and my spleen shrunk - all was well when I had a scan before taking the medicine. Have had to stop the injections and my joint condition has come back with a vengeance. ”

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “GREAT. Feel better than ever using this medicine and only side effect was some weight gain.”

Narbe February 15, 2011

Cimzia (certolizumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “This medicine has given me my life back. I no longer worry about knowing where every rest room is wherever I go. My only side effect is a headache the day after the injections.”