User Reviews for Certolizumab to treat Crohn's Disease

Also known as: Cimzia, Cimzia Starter

Reviews for Certolizumab

Cimzia (certolizumab): "I initially took Cimzia as part of a clinical trial. During the trial, we received a full dose (400 mg) every 2 weeks but, once it was available on the market, the dose was only 400 mg every 4 weeks (or 200 mg every 2 weeks). The medicine wore off before the 4 weeks was up, so I switched to Humira, which worked much better. Now that I've had rare side effects to Humira (and already failed Remicade), I've had to switch back to Cimzia. It is only working for about a week and a half of the four weeks (at 400 mg). I hope to find another alternative, as this isn't worth it."

BarkleyO. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab): "When all else failed (I had done Asacol and Remicade along with 6-mp and other treatments; Remicade did well at first but over time stopped working) I have found this medicine to be a great replacement for Remicade. The nurse comes to the house so its more convenient. The only down side is that it's injected intramuscularly and not I.V."

Anonymous April 29, 2009