User Reviews for Certolizumab to treat Crohn's Disease

Also known as: Cimzia

Anonymous November 10, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Just to update, after 2 years of success, this medication caused me Drug-induced lupus (DIL) just like the others. I have partial use of my one hand and whole-body joint pain. I don't think there is much left for me to do anymore with drugs.”

E30guy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 17, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I have Crohns with AS and right sided ulcerative colitis. Failed Remicade, failed Enrico, Humira gave me medically induced lupus and been on Cimzia for 2 years. I have never been in a total remission but Cimzia worked decently for 1.5 years. Now I’m afraid it’s beginning to fail. The only hope I have is this is just a flair that might end soon. It’s been 4 weeks.”

BarkleyO. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I initially took Cimzia as part of a clinical trial. During the trial, we received a full dose (400 mg) every 2 weeks but, once it was available on the market, the dose was only 400 mg every 4 weeks (or 200 mg every 2 weeks). The medicine wore off before the 4 weeks was up, so I switched to Humira, which worked much better. Now that I've had rare side effects to Humira (and already failed Remicade), I've had to switch back to Cimzia. It is only working for about a week and a half of the four weeks (at 400 mg). I hope to find another alternative, as this isn't worth it.”

Anonymous April 29, 2009

Cimzia (certolizumab): “When all else failed (I had done Asacol and Remicade along with 6-mp and other treatments; Remicade did well at first but over time stopped working) I have found this medicine to be a great replacement for Remicade. The nurse comes to the house so its more convenient. The only down side is that it's injected intramuscularly and not I.V.”

Learn more about Crohn's Disease