User Reviews for Certolizumab to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Also known as: Cimzia

Certolizumab Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 76 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Certolizumab

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Have ankylosing Spondylitis (AS), Crohn's & psoriatic arthritis (PA) and was on Remicade for 9 years, it worked and I felt well with seldom flares. Then it stopped working and so I went onto Cimzia. My AS is the pits, My whole upper body hurts. Crohn's is so so. Looking for a newer medication that treats all three. Anyone else have all three autoimmune diseases?"

Joan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Not only did the booster shots make me nauseous, lethargic, have NO appetite, and give me daily diarrhea, they did absolutely nothing for the stiffness of pain...nothing at all. On top of that they messed up the billing and tried to bill me $16,000 for the booster shots alone - luckily I was able to get the hospital to write it off otherwise I would owe them a new car almost! BS! Enbrel was great for many years then stopped working...everything since has been a severe blow to my system overall - especially Remicade which nearly stopped my heart AND gave me pancreatitis....super fun! There is no way I will ever ever ever touch another TNF related medication or biologic as such. Thanks but no thanks...I would rather deal with the severe debilitating pain than severe debilitating pain AND feeling like total rubbish constantly from this poison medication! Beware."

Mike (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Tried on Humira but had a hiccup cough shortly after the injection and ended up with itchy rashes within a few days of each injection. Stopped Humira after two injections. Tried Cimiza today, immediately had a migraine headache and hot flash within increased blood pressure. Ten minutes later I had horrible post nasal drip with lung spasm like coughs with sight hoarseness. Noticed thirty minutes later blister like hive patches on left arm along an aggravated nerve path. Guess am allergic to it too. Good luck to everyone else trying this medication in hopes of ending their pain and on-going joint damage. It doesn't work for me and am not willing to take the risks of continuing this medication."

Gg (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): "I've had horrible pain since August 2014, with very few remission periods. Humira worked okay for 2 months then stopped. My Dr said my immune system built up antibodies to block it. Then Enbrel was tried, didn't help with the pain and I had a mild allergic reaction to the third shot, so finally my Dr tried Cimzia! 5 days after my first injections I awoke pain free!!!! It lasted almost 3 weeks then I had a flare. But this flare isn't as severe as some I've had. No side effects and Cimzia so far is working great!!! Now if my immune system won't build antibodies against it!!!"

ShNel1218 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab): "I cannot say my experience with these medications- enbrel, humira, simponi & cimzia have been positive. For some odd reason my body is continually rejecting them. I end up with the uncommon/ rare side effects and have to stop using. Seems once I reach a 3 month mark is when the side effects start showing. My last trial has been with cimzia, which I began symptoms for the past month or more and my research doctor had told me my symptoms were not from the cimzia.This last injection I took 3 days ago, now has given me terrible swelling in my feet and lower legs. I am at a loss now.Seems there is nothing else on the Canadian market for A.S."

Bunna (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab): "Love this medicine!!! I also have RA and take the mx shot rasuvo. The 2 shots from the starter pack lasted 3 weeks. I can walk barefoot and play sports with my kids. orencia wore off after about 3 months and humeria was like taking water. No side effects thus far. One happy mom!!!"

Dbeav (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab): "I have been taking cimzia for my AS. I started 3 months ago and I haven't had a flare up."

Monicam78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015