User Reviews for Certolizumab to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Also known as: Cimzia

Certolizumab has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 31% of those users who reviewed Certolizumab reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Certolizumab Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

15% 2
0% 0
0% 0
23% 3
23% 3

Reviews for Certolizumab

Steve January 12, 2021

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Horrible experience after 3rd loading dose injection of Cimzia. Feel sick in lower abdomen and bladder is bloated. Severe IBS pain, bloating, mucous-diarrhea, constipation and more pain. Very upsetting, and Rheumatologist just said go to ER for help during a pandemic. No help on symptoms or coaching. I do not believe that 94% of patients stay on this med. What a pity. I really needed it. Haven’t eaten in 2 days. Never took the 1st monthly injection after the 3rd loading dose. It’s a dangerous med.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2020

Cimzia (certolizumab): “My psoriasis flared and became the worse I have had in the 30 years I have had it. Also, I have had a significant increase in my lower back and hip pain. I have been having injections in my hips every two weeks.”

zap · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 9, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I have tried everything for psoriatic arthritis I felt for a short time that Cimzia then my psoriasis got worse then ever. I stopped it and started. Nothing has ever worked.”

Turbo September 30, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis almost 2 yrs ago. 1sr Dr put me on methotrexate... and Prednisone. Didn't do anything for the pain and stiffness. Moved and got with a new Dr. Was screened and started on Cimzia. Worked GREAT!. Dr closed his practice and I have to go to a different Dr. Took 6 months to get in with my current Dr. Had to get a new schedule of treatment and restarted the Cimzia. Loading does aren't as effective as before,hoping the meds will take hold soon. Cannot use my right thumb due to an inability to flex the thumb joints. Sucks when it's your dominant hand. Hoping the Cimzia will be able to reduce the issues with my hands soon.”

ItchyMegs · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Cimzia worked well to treat my Psoriatic Arthritis but never really cleared my psoriasis. After a bout of Strep, my entire body became inflamed and I had to switch to Taltz (entirely different family than Cimzia). Total of 2.5 years on Cimzia. Then last year they changed their Savings card from a RX Bin to a preloaded Visa. I had to call every month to load the savings card then I had to call the specialty pharmacy every month to refill my prescription. Total of about 45 minutes to an hour a month to get it all processed. Was much more difficult than Humira and Enbrel process. Was very annoying. When I voiced my frustration with the Cimzia Savings card team, they were snippy and said "well, you're getting $750 in free medicine". Which was incorrect, I'm lucky to have good insurance so it would have only been $25 copay. Looking back, it would have been beneficial to dump the savings plan and pay the $25 to avoid frustrations.”

Anastopolis · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I've finished my loading dosages and will be starting monthly maintenance in two weeks. So far it's been great for the pain but has done nothing for the psoriasis. Methotrexate worked for both but I couldn't handle the constant upper respiratory infections. Then tried Otezla which as far as I'm concerned should be banned. Horrible side effects but did work for the psoriasis thought did not do much for the pain. Then they put me on sulfasalazine which I'm allergic to. So now it's Cimzia. I'm far more active than I have been in the last year. I can't complain because it has helped with the pain and I have not had any adverse side effects yet.”

Roy · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I have taken Cimzia for 3 years now with once a month injections. It is a miracle drug. No side effects no arthritis pain no psoriasis and I am physically active everyday. I play tennis, baseball and golf. This is a miracle drug.”

Doctor George January 29, 2018

Cimzia (certolizumab): “The first day I had an injection it was like a miracle cure! My psoriatic arthritis was almost non-existent. Unfortunately, the effects wore off after a few weeks and by the third month, it wasn't doing much of anything at all. Very disappointing - I'm back to the drawing board in finding something that will help.”

SunnyTx October 18, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Finished 3 loading doses over past month, now on monthly maintenance. Psoriasis on hands/elbows/feet still bad and my pain from psoriatic arthritis still fairly bad, but I am more mobile tho it hurts to move. Tried methotrexate, Humira and Otezla in the past. Sick with a cold, we'll see how this treatment goes. Hoping for better results with more time.”

Teri Dro February 22, 2017

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Been on Cimzia for almost 3 treatments, i.e. 3 months. It caused me a terrible migraine and never resolved the psoriasis on my hands. It caused pain and inflammation in my left arch and heel of my foot that radiated pain up the leg and into the hip that I just received a cortisone injection in. The pain is quite severe and lasts for at least 5 days after my treatments. I still experience arthritis stiffness and pain in my fingers and toes. I will now be trying Otezla which sounds quite scary to take but I will give it a try.”

gonefishin2743 March 11, 2016

Cimzia (certolizumab): “I had 2 injections and now I have Pharyngeal adema, very hoarse gravely voice, horrible dry cough, fluid in one lung, swelling feet, uncontrolled diarhea at times. I was given 2 injections when this all started. I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Simponi, Remicade (also caused cough but went away when I quit the infusions), Methotrexate. I am back on Methotrexate with higher dose than before and doing fine but my Dr is very worried about the left over symptoms from the Cimzia. HE put me on a Zpac 3 days ago and hopes this will take care of the infection and clear my lung.”

Voodoo63 April 19, 2015

Cimzia (certolizumab): “After exhausting other options, medications i am now on Cimzia, It works as well as most, better than some. Ease of use could be better, Support is great.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2014

Cimzia (certolizumab): “Almost instant relief of joint pain and inflammation on first injection, no reaction to needle. Great help from Cimzia Support. Still taking methotrexate weekly injection twice a month, still have inflammation.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis