User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Learn more about Tessalon Perles.

Tessalon Perles Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 696 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Tessalon Perles to treat Cough

"Was prescribed Tessalon Pers. following E.R. visit for Bronchospasm / Bronchitis. It works well for controlling the cough.....However, caused G.I. Upset after using it for a few days. Therefore, stopped taking it. Worked well for one problem.....caused another. Will be taking Mucinex today and hope for relief without having to spend so much time in the bathroom !! Thank you ~"

Azre (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

"I had asthma as a child and can tell you getting sick in the winter always leads to bronchitus horrible coughing fits so much to dry heaving being unbearable. Im 30 so now experienced in having that winter cold no longer do i need antibiotics as the respitory infections become less and less ive found running jogging or swimming staying in cardiovascular health is the best way to avoid this disaster , but these tessalon perle that first time ive had them this year work miracles for me they almost instantly subdue the coughs two pills at a time i experience no side effects other than drowsy and they are perfect for night when your body is slowing down the cough is coming back and its impossible to sleep when you need that rest"

Guy who gets bronchitus every (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

"Doctor prescribed 100mg perles. I am still coughing like crazy, congested and can't breathe. I wanted promethazine DM cough syrup (NOT the codeine one - as I don't do well with codeine). Doctor prescribed these stupid things instead. Kaiser does not cover the cough medicine that works."

Breeta (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

"Have been prescribed this med twice before. First two times worked like magic. Just swept the urge to cough away. This time, years later, same story. After 8 days of continuous wracking coughs, and 20-hours a day in bed, gave up on OTC-DM tablets and went for better help. After 1 perle, the coughing has subsided. No side effects. Bliss."

Perley August 25, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication at the ER, after a coughing fit so severe I almost passed out. I took my narcotic cough syrup before bed. I woke up about 6 hours later coughing, so I took the Tessalon Perles. My coughing stopped, but I got every side effect. My head was pounding so bad I couldn't sit or stand for more than a few minutes. I was very disappointed, because I needed something to get me through the day. This medication worked great on my cough, but I felt worse in every other perspective."

NettyRed August 19, 2016

"I've had asthma since I was a baby. all colds since I was a baby have ended up turning into bronchitis or pneumonia. I am 29 now and asthma only flares up once or Twice a year from a bad cold. The ONLY thing that has ever helped my cough was codeine cough syrup... It's a miracle drug. (Aside from inhalers but that never stops the cough) However after 2 weeks of horrible bronchitis with coughing fits so bad I am dry heaving, I went back to the doc and told him I needed something that didn't make me drowsy so I could actually function during the day without coughing. He gave tessalon perles. I just took one dose 100mg an hour ago and my coughing has virtually stopped even laying down. THANK GOODNESS FOR A NON-NARCOTIC MED THAT WORKS!"

Simi Truzman (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

"Upper respiratory infection sent me to an urgent care center, where 100mg of Tessalon Perles was prescribed. This lowest dosage relaxed the lung muscles so I didn't suffer from the coughing spasms and while I still had to sleep sitting up I was more comfortable. Prescription was for 3xday but I only took it twice daily. Follow-up visit to my primary care doctor resulted in a prescription for 200mg twice daily and that dosage was too much for me. I had a scary episode resembling a heart attack and stopped the medication immediately. Heart pounding, chest muscles tightened front and back, profuse sweating, dizziness, one episode of vomiting. I consumed large quantities of water to flush the drug out of my system and will never take it again."

LonestarBabs (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

"Started taking this after 3 weeks of coughing so intense that I would gag and gasp and have to run to the restroom to pee. Horrible. This was the only thing that lessened the coughing, but my doctor insisted I take it with a decongestant. I still cough, but it has been fewer and less intense."

Engteacher (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

"The first prescription I've ever had for a cough that actually works."

rmherring (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

"Just started using tessalon perles while having a horrible cough from bronchitis. Very shortly after taking first dose I am hardly coughing at all! That's awesome as last night I was coughing so much I woke up with no voice! Not having any side effects from it as others have reported. Love it!!"

Befought April 4, 2016

"This is the second bronchitis episide (6 months apart) that I have used Tessalon perles. They are like a miracle that let me stop coughing so severely and also sleep at night! I tried taking just 1 when first prescribed and didn't notice any improvement, so I've found 2 at each dose works miracles for me!"

Barbara RN (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"This stuff caused me not to think clearly and I suffered a lot of side effects but I still coughed. Not what it is supposed to be. Would not wish this stuff on anyone. I am still recovering from just taking it for 3 days."

LadySnow (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"My husband has had the worst cough for over a week, took Tessalon Perles, after 2 doses got his first full nights sleep. No cough."

The sleepless wife (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

"I was prescribed this for cough. My sister is a respiratory therapist of 25 years. She said it's really bad to stop the mucus being coughed up and suppressing the mucus to settle into your lungs. She said a lot of people end up getting pneumonia when they take it for long periods of time."

Vonne1973 January 4, 2016

"They don't work. Why do they still make it? I wound up back in the ER and a nurse tells me that it never worked for her and she's never heard anyone say it had worked for them."

Lynncleg December 17, 2015

"Was prescribed for cough from bronchitis. At first I was reluctant to take it as it said it caused drowsiness as I am hypersensitive to meds. I finally got desperate enough to take one and was actually able to sleep in my bed after 4 nights in recliner. It has now been 6 weeks and I still have coughing fits if I don't take the Tessalon. I am hoping this will eventually go away. The only thing you might consider a side effect that I have had is that I have these crazy dreams. Not nightmares but just craziness. Thank goodness for my doc! :)"

A bit postal October 28, 2015

"Had a horrific cough and very bad sinus infection on day 2 I went to the ER due to problems breathing , Dr prescribed Tessalon & Antibiotic . I have been taking the Tessalon 100 mg for 3 xs a day and it has stopped the cough some , but still very congestited and feeling very little relief on that part."

Babybird01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

"Was recommended to me by a nurse. Had pneumonia and had this persistent, annoying cough for 3 weeks after. Tessalon Perle worked like a charm within the first 4 hours. Definitely need to keep this on hand as a working Flight Attendant"

SkyGod (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"Had a horrible cough from a cold this medicine took the cough away totally. Great prescription"

Jaybla36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

"I've had a horrible cough for two weeks and for the past two days have a dry persistent cough that sounds horrific. I was prescribed Tessalon Perles 100mg twice a day and immediately stopped coughing. This medicine is wonderful and suppresses the urge to cough. I highly recommend this medicine. It does make you drowsy."

SunnyInSoCal (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

"I have reoccuring respiratory infections, bronchitis...I had a very trying case last year with an abnormally persistent cough. Tessalon perles was prescribed for the cough. It was a God send! Worked so well! I have recommended it to everyone who has complained about coughing. Very, very effective for me."

fromohio (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2015

"I was hesitant to take this, but a persistent cough and chronic bronchitis that was well into week 9 left me little choice. I am typically sensitive to most medications. Especially stimulants which is why I was so hesitant. However - I noticed a near immediate suppression of my coughing attacks which would leave me breathless and gasping to the point I was almost vomitting. It took about 30 mins but I noticed it, and will be taking this again in the future if I have an option to!"

Bashmyshell (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2015

"I was sick for a few days and the constant coughing was making my chest hurt. I thought I had bronchitis or something worse so I ended up going to the ER. The doctor prescribed Tessalon Perle. I figured it was a "magic" pill after hearing about the side effects. Cool! I took one. I did noticed the cough was reduced but still there. I did sleep better that night after taking 1 pill. By the next day, my cough was gone. I did have a lot of green mucus so I took Tylenol severe cold. I did cough but it was to bring up all that mucus. I feel better after 2 days and 4 pill later."

sharonbze January 3, 2015

"I was really sick for a week and went in to see my doctor for cough that was uncontrollable. He first prescribed amoxicillin. That did not help with my cough. Then I was prescribed Tessalon Perles and it seemed to work. I was having itchiness all over my body. Also welts. I then realized it was the Tessalon Perles that was doing it. I stopped taking them. Now I don't itch but still have a cough."

sick and itchy (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

"For me, these are wonderful - IF I don't have to drive anywhere, or work. I've been on every other cough suppression & this definitely works the best for coughing fits! They also give me a "sedated" feeling, but not to the point where I need to go to sleep."

kirasea (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2014