User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Learn more about Tessalon Perles.

Tessalon Perles Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 591 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Tessalon Perles to treat Cough

"The first time the pearles were prescribed, I thought they were a miracle drug. Suppressed my cough, and no side effects. Every spring and fall, I get a chest cold. So, I got a prescription 3 days ago. My cough is just as bad as it was 4 days ago AND I am in constant gastric distress. I'm disappointed that they didn't work this time, and the upset tummy and dizziness have turned me off. I'm going back to Mucinex and Robitussin."

Pooped (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was just rx'd these for bronchitis with a dry, hacking cough that just starting to break up. I am barely coughing other than to clear throat now and cough up stuff. The continuous hack is gone! Great for daytime use to avoid cough syrup with codeine."

annie6749 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take care of a 94 year old and she came down with a horrible cold with cough. Her doctor prescribed tesslon pearls and within a matter of days she started hallucinating and started going into crazy dreams. She got confused so bad she had no clue who anyone was or that her house was even hers. At the same time she was also prescribed a steroid to help her lungs. Her family would not let me take her off the tesslon pearls. They kept saying it was the steroid. It clearly states in the list of side effects that hallucinating is something that can happen. Read the side effects of this medication before taking it people. Especially when your giving it to elderly!"

Pattytakescareofyou September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Literally does nothing when you take them. Told my cousin about being prescribed a pill for cough that does not help and she said "are they the pearls" LOL why yes they are."

Coughing Crystal (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have COPD stage 3 and bronchitis this med. Works good for me. stopped coughing no side effects no euphoria some people may need more"

Anonymous July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked very quickly and helped very much. Strained a muscle in my rib coughing. This stuff is a life saver."

Chershow (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My cough was worse after taking these, dry continuous cough after taking them.OTC was much better. Waste of time and money."

Laramie (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had the Tessalon Perle prescribed for me twice now in the past 6 mos. Neither time has it worked for my cough. I have COPD, and get bronchitis at least twice a year. This by itself will NOT treat bronchitis, you need a antibiotic. In past I've had a Dr at Urgent Care prescribe a cough syrup with codeine in it because my cough (especially at night when laying down) was so bad I wasn't sleeping, and abdominal muscles ached from coughing so much. That was a God send, and is usually the only thing that helps with this type of cough. I have told my Dr to not waste time calling in script for the Perle anymore. It's a waste of money."

JoyfulNotSoJoyful (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The worst choice of medication to treat a cold. I had a cold return after 6/7 wks just to be given the this same medication again. My cough is worse and the headache from the pressure is a nightmare. Constant coughing at night. This is day 3 of the second go round with this cold and I'm not taking it anymore. It does nothing for the sinus drainage and it just makes the cough worse not better. Will not make another apt for a different antibiotic so over the counter here I come!!! This is a waste for a $200 visit."

NIKj April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took this and had the worst 4 hours of non stop dry cough, no relief. Finally took robitussin again and stayed with that and Tylenol to get some sleep. Was really hoping for sleep relief when I came back from Dr. But this was not it."

Ha king thru night March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had the flu and was prescribed to take these pills for a bad cough. It seemed like every time I took one my cough got worse. I stopped taking them and went to over the counter cough syrup. Worked much better!"

Molly5989234 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been prescribed tessalon perles several times for bronchitis and they've never once worked for me. I might as well eat a sugar cube. Sadly cough drops do a better job of suppressing my cough than tessalon perles and that's nothing to brag about. The previous poster who wants the syrup is right, that stuff is the only thing that really works."

Listentomedoc March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"About 14 years ago I had the flu/bronchitis and was prescribed tesslon pearles along with the Z-Pak it worked great. I had coughed so bad it felt like I was going into pulmonary distress it immediately helped but now in the last 2 years I have this nagging cough it seems to come with a real bad sinus infection both years I have been prescribed tesslon and it doesn't even help the coughs keep returning. Last week I have taken 3 pearles a day at 100mg each I am still coughing I have asked for THE SYRUP and was told NO or the docs would look at me like I was JUNKIE trying to get over I don't understand the docs if this stuff isn't working why are they writing the scripts I WANT SOME OF THAT SYRUP LOL that is the only thing that helps"

lia3131 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor said the pearls did not work for her but other people said they work great. I tried them and in 20 min my cough was gone!! I see they don't work for everyone but they worked for me!"

Ck2468 February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like I cough even more after taking this. It is not effective at all."

Kpinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I saw no difference in my cough using these pills. It was still horrible and kept me up at night and lasted several days"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had bronchitis for two weeks and the tessalon pearles have not worked for me. What has worked, to sleep at night, is taking 2 Benadryl liquigels at bedtime. During the day I drink a lot of water, suck on ricola extra strength cough drops, and I have an albuterol inhaler."

Don't Work (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

"They work!"

Momma knows what works baby January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Did not experience much relief of cough but found myself running to the bathroom multiple times at night. Will probably discontinue, had I tried before work, this could have been a nightmare!"

Jk01123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A sudden fit of nonstop coughing landed me at doctor's office. Nothing over the counter helped. I felt like my ribs were cracked and pain was awful. My Dr prescribed Tessalon Perles 100 MG. No more cough and no side effects. I am back to normal. "

Cracked ribs (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this a few days ago, after I was told by the Clinic that it would work well for me because it was a "non narcotic" however, I found that it only provides temporary relief. it does nothing to help fight the infection causing the cough. I was told to stop taking other OTC Medicines. But this really didn't do anything"

constantcougher (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"have been taking them for two days now and have seen no change in my cough, especially at night, I coughed all night. tempted to go to the drugstore tomorrow and ask for something they can recommend. I think tonight I am going to take something else."

cougher1227 December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had my respiratory virus for quite some time which had turned into a infection. I was up all night coughing and with a tickle in my throat. Could not even get a quick nap in I was coughing so much. I decided to bust out the Tessalon Pearls my doc prescribed me a year or so back.. after trying DayQuil and NyQuil severe which didn't seem to be working whatsoever for my cough. I took 100 milligram Pearl and within 20 minutes the urge to cough Reduce by at least 50% I'm amazed at how quickly it works and can't wait to fall asleep for the first time in days. I would suggest trying this before going to the more sedate of a narcotic and of things with the cough syrup definitely worth it and way less symptoms and side effects."

SicklyOneCoughing December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works like a charm. I take it only when I get an uncontrollable dry heaving gagging sore ribs diaphragm forget about sleeping kind of cough if I have an URI, occurs about once every several years. If you're experiencing side effects try taking lowest dose possible and make sure you're hydrated."

TGC RDN December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Made the cough completely vanish, but had a pretty bad headache couples with constant drowsiness and light dizziness. Definitely worth it, but awful when i have to get a lot done at night (which i often do). Overall: They get the job done, but it ultimately you must weigh the cough vs the side effects."

LeFowler November 14, 2016