User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Cough
6.5

Summary of Tessalon Perles reviews 6.5 92 reviews

Reviews for Tessalon Perles

For Cough "I grew into lung issues. Walking pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, continual coughing. Someone suggested I ask the doctor for the coughing pearls. I had zero negative side effects. Instead by cough nearly stopped. When I did start to cough again it was because it was time to take another dose. This single gel tab allowed my lungs to rest so I could get restful sleep. Colds go away much faster when I have this to use. Have also suggested them to others who have had the very same positive experience. I am so very grateful for these and have been on them numerous times over many years. Always work very well for me!"

Janet (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

For Cough "I was given this prescription due to a 3 week long virus, excessive coughing-day and night. It does stop the cough but I was allergic to it. I thought my lip blew up from the spicy chicken wings the night before. I kept taking it. It poisoned my system. I had no idea why my virus was now nauseating my stomach and twice would vomit because of it. The side effects are obviously different on everyone! PLEASE read the labels and Medical staff-PLEASE tell your patients that things can happen and they need to react to EVERY reaction that is NOT normal or feels good. My lip blew up. It looked like botox. I drank all kinds of cold beverages to get the swelling down. I had NO idea the path it would take was to make me sicker."

La (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Cough "Bronchitis. I'm also a smoker for almost 30 years. Was hacking due to a mucus in my esphogus/bronchi that I could *not* clear out. My stomach, back, sides, throat and chest were in agony from useless coughing. Urgent care gave me these...along with the steroid and Levaquin I asked for. I had never had nor heard of this medicine. I didn't expect much. Says take three times a day. Well, you know I took one perle and within half an hour later-blessed relief? No coughing. Three hours or so later I started coughing. Had to dose again. Again....after half an hour of hacking--*poof* cough is gone. In my honest opinion this pill is fabulous!! It should be available OTC because everyone should be able to get this relief when needed. I have experienced no side effects from it this far. I have never experienced any cough relief like this. I used to lament the discontinuation of the old Vicks44, because that was the best cough relief I"d ever had. This stuff right here? Superb."

Sore Sides March 25, 2019

For Cough "I am one of the ones tessalon perles did not help. Zero reaction. Robotussin did. Go figure."

Bob March 5, 2019

For Cough "I can feel the medicine start to work after about a half an hour. I'm going on my 3rd week with a bronchitis cough and it's the worst. It gets so bad that I can't breathe and my head hurts. I've never had coughing fits like this in my life, so I didn't know if these pearls would work. They make me a little dizzy and tired, but I can tell they work. The relief is amazing. They last about 8hrs. I wouldn't say they take the cough away completely, but there's definitely an improvement."

Kristiann5646 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Cough "I can relate to the reviews "I kept the house awake all night ... couldn't finish a sentence." This medicine didn't seem to work for me either...for the first 4-5 days, then a tiny improvement each day. The coughs were completely unproductive until day 10 or 12. (productive = phlegm) Improvement was slight but still noticeable each day. Today is day 21 and I still cough a bit , lots of phlegm. I run out of medicine tomorrow and have notified the doc that I'm still coughing a bit (nothing like the cafeteria-clearing jags that had people fleeing for their health... "He might be contagious!" I wish the doc had warned me that it might not seem to work for a while."

Harpo (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Cough "These do work if they are the actual Perles... the generic, which is all that is available to me, do not work at all. I'm still coughing constantly with no relief after four weeks of bronchitis."

SusiK (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

For Cough "Worthless"

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

For Cough "Doesn’t work at all. Junk medicine. Cough is worse now. The only difference I see is no infection in the phlegm probably because of the antibiotic I’m also taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Cough "Did not work at all. As a matter of fact I feel it made my cough worse."

Madd (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Cough "The best medicine I've taken for a cough. Told I found out that I have bronchitis. The coughing literally made my head and chest hurt. I took my first pill around 5pm, and stopped coughing minutes later. Just had my first cough so it lasted from about 5:30pm - 2:15am. It's still not as bad as it was before 5. My biggest issue are the nightmares I just had. They were vivid, and unlike any dream I've had before. Its was promoted me to seek out experiences from others."

Yaya (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Cough "I was up all night coughing, my airways were raw. I was afraid to throw a rib out....took one gel capsule at 11:30 am am almost cough free still at 2:30 pm. No side effects, maybe a bit drowsy, but I slept so poorly that I don't know if the pill caused the sleepiness. I am very pleased with this prescription. I still feel miserable but at least am not racked with a dry cough. Which is exhausting. I can breathe. I'm sure it does not cure the cough, but it allows the body to heal. The constant hacking is dreadful and irritating to the airways."

Meg December 1, 2018

For Cough "My coughing was non-stop. I couldn't speak in complete sentences. my doc gave me these yellow pearls and the cough was gone. It never came back. I took the entire prescription and the cough still didn't come back. this medication is the best."

lgdangit (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Cough "I have been using the Tessalon Perles for 5 days every 8 hrs and feel no difference. I still have quite the cough. I have had a Chest XRay that was insignificant. I am going to call my PCP and see if I can take more than 1 every 8 hrs. I am on decreasing dosages of Prednisone"

Nan (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Cough "I was prescribed these “cough pearls” for bronchitis and my new doctor said to continue taking Robitussin DM along with the pearls every 6 hours. That was 3 weeks ago and I’ve taken them religiously, but, still coughing my head off. Last year when I had bronchitis I was prescribed cough medicine with Hydrocodone which helped immediately. I’m going back to doctor and ask for the same cough medicine. I don’t think the cough pearls and robitussin are very effective with my bronchitis."

Blackbean Betty (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Cough "Have had a chronic cough for 8 months. Would wake up every night after being asleep for 4 or 5 hours with a terrible hacking cough that would last for several minutes. At first, x-ray for any lung disease then given medication by doctor to treat possible GERT. No help. Then medication for asthma, no help. Then medication for allergies, no help. Then was given Benzotatate. Coughing stopped almost immediately. Have used it for over a month now and have only woken once with a cough but it was not near as violent as my other coughing spells. Gentle cough and fell back asleep immediately. I've read some of these other reviews that it wasn't helpful but for me it was great."

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Cough "Took my first dosage and immediately started coughing. Took two more pills over the next two days then quit taking. A waste of time and no improvement."

Agitated (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Cough "This doesn’t work! Why bother prescribing it. Go for the cough syrup with codeine instead."

Holly (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Cough "Have been given these for a horrid cough. They don’t really do much except make me sleepy. The cough is still there. Makes me miss being in Australia where I could get codeine cough syrup over the counter if I needed it."

Ellie (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Cough "Best pill ever. Always takes my cough away"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2018

For Cough "I first was prescribed this in 1988. I was keeping the whole house awake from coughing due to bronchitis. , My mom an RN, said "that's it ! You're going to the doctor and getting Tesslon Perles". There's no words to describe the relief that it gave me, not to mention the rest of my family. I was 18 at the time. 30 years later it still works as well for me as it did when in 1988. I feel, for me, this pill is "magic". Its very unfortunate that some people don't have any relief with this. I guess it's a hit or miss thing. Well I'm scoring home runs still after all these years."

100% satisfied (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2018

For Cough "I was diagnosed last night with influenza and acute bronchitis. My coughing fits have been TERRIBLE and make me feel like I can't breathe. Once I start coughing, it's a long time and a severe headache before I can stop. The doctor prescribed Tessalon Perles for me, and I had no idea what it would do. This is the first time I have felt relief in many days! I feel it's effect about 30 minutes after taking it....my cough becomes looser, my sinuses and airway become drier (not so full of mucus), and I lose the urge to cough. AND I can sleep! Win."

Ashley N February 1, 2018

For Cough "Wow. I usually make do with OTC stuff, but cough post-chills phase of a bug I caught was very painful and persistent - Robitussin DM wasn't touching it. Took these and felt better within an hour - and got first good night sleep in days. A bit of a weird 'numby' side effect, but not that bad."

xnappo (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2018

For Cough "The pearls did not help at all. I'm not sure why any Dr would prescribe this medication."

JOSIE And Kate January 23, 2018

For Cough "The true Tessalon Pearls work very well, I have not had the same luck with the generic. As a matter of fact, I have had no relief from my cough with the generic. Unfortunately it's all but impossible to get the actual Tessalon Pearls any more unless you have them special ordered and are willing to pay a fortune."

Tiredoftryingtofindanickname January 7, 2018