User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Cough 5.7

Reviews for Tessalon Perles

peanuts · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

For Cough: “I was prescribed Tessalon on 6/2 for cough. I took my first dose on 6/ 3 at 8 AM. At 9 AM I began to become sleepy and dizzy, my mouth, tongue and throat felt cold. I was still coughing. I slept until 10:30. AM. I was still coughing. It is now 3PM, I just got up again. I am still coughing and somewhat disoriented. I will never take this medication again. This is a dangerous drug.”

Betty · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Cough: “This pill is worse than taking nothing because I started coughing more after taking it.”

Pork March 4, 2020

For Cough: “I'm surprised the FDA well allow such a useless medication”

TheMotley4 · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Cough: “These have never worked for me, yet that is all that anyone wants to prescribe!”

Pearls don’t work · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

For Cough: “I have been prescribed this medicine for bronchitis the croup and now pneumonia over several months they absolutely do not work! They do nothing even when I take two at a time nothing helps. All the doctors are prescribing this they must be getting paid without reading the reviews waste of money and a scam.”

Randy · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Cough: “I agree with the majority of respondents. These Perles have had no effect on my severe cough which has not allowed me to sleep for almost a week now. This is horrific!!”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

For Cough: “Do absolutely nothing for me. Tried multiple had a cough. Even tried a double dose once. Never did any good. maybe made it worse yesterday, coughing for 2 hours straight. Need to rate as a Zero or 0 or Less.”

Death cough · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 13, 2020

For Cough: “Tessalon Perles are useless for cough might you as well swallow a tic tac it would have the same effect for a cough. Three times now I have been given these and they do absolutely nothing for helping stop my cough. I event tried taking them more frequently and still no relief. Biggest joke ever for cough relief and tired of wasting my hard earned money on such a useless medication. I would rate these zero if it would allow however, I must choose a rating of one instead. My quality of life is still suffering I am still coughing so hard I urinate and have bowel movements unexpectedly. I am still crying each time I have a coughing fit gagging until I puke. My throat is raw and I have developed a tension migraine from coughing. I have been up four days now with very little sleep and am exhausted from coughing so hard.”

Anonymous February 9, 2020

For Cough: “Made my cough much worse. Robotussin MD is much better than this.”

Sue February 8, 2020

For Cough: “I have bronchitis and upper respiratory infection, while taking these and an antibiotic. It has helped, just trying to find now what will help with a sinus headache and stuffiness”

Kalista · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

For Cough: “Was given this medication for cough associated with the flu, taken it as prescribed by my dr but it just don't help at all. I have been taking them for over a week and I still have a horrible cough, bad enough it hurts my ribs.”

Looloo · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

For Cough: “These have not helped me at all. I'm coughing so hard I feel like my rib cage is cracked. Hope there is something else that works.”

wesa23519 January 18, 2020

For Cough: “The first time, ~2 years ago, it was a lifesaver. This time, I swear it made the cough worse, or at least more frequent.”

Tee January 18, 2020

For Cough: “I have been on these pearls several different times, they do nothing for me except make my cough a lot worse than it was, so back to the dr I go hopefully for something that will work”

KINGFISH · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

For Cough: “Totally worthless cough medicine used as directed didnt help at all.”

Debbjalexa · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

For Cough: “The Tessalon pills are great! I’ve been coughing for a month and having difficulty with sleeping. The last 4 nights I have slept through the night. It seems to work best for me if I take one around an hour to an hour and a half before bedtime.Finally getting some rest.”

JAC · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

For Cough: “After almost 2 weeks of coughing with acute bronchitis, these pills were a life saver. Stopped those deep-lung hacking coughs and allowed me to get a fantastic night's sleep for the first time in days. The work great for me, and I love that they are non-opiate.”

Shelley · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

For Cough: “Tessalon pearl are garbage. Given to me by my dr for viral bronchitis. They just don't work.”

Girl35 · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

For Cough: “This is the 3 or 4th time I have tried these Tessalon perles, they are completely useless, it’s a joke. A cough drop helps me better. I have an upper respiratory infection and a super dry cough. My chest is on fire. So now what? I have to go back to the doctor and look like some sort of junkie and ask for something different? I feel like my lungs are going to explode. So disappointing. I feel like I’m just getting more sick. I just want cough relief. I’m so glad these are cheap with my insurance.”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

For Cough: “I am always optimistic about Tessalon Perles because they're non narcotic. But, sadly, the don't help me any more than a cough drop. Through the years, I have tried them several times, so I've given them more than one try. In fact, three in all. No relief.”

gwhiz · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Cough: “These didn't work at all. Were prescribed for bronchitis.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

For Cough: “Useless prescription. Does not work”

Binky1920 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

For Cough: “I can't imagine a doctor actually prescribing this for an adult, this is a child-level drug. I actually had an Urgent Care refuse to prescribe something stronger after 3 days of coughing and congestion on this medication. Now in 10 degree weather I have to go to my car after sitting in the urgent care for an hour and getting bad medical advice from 20 year old unlicensed medical staff.”

Dutchess · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 7, 2019

For Cough: “We call these "magic pills" in my house. Stops cough and the pain associated with allergies and sicknesses within 15 minutes. The only medication that works for me most times. Would recommend to everyone!”

P · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 3, 2019

For Cough: “Tessalon is helpful for Bronchitis. Especially before lying down at night. Have not observed differential effects between 100mg and 200mg nor between 1 and 3 doses daily. Most effective dose appears at nighttime with remediation within 30 to 60 minutes. Also helpful with occasional use for chronic sinusitis relief.”