User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Cough
6.6

Summary of Tessalon Perles reviews 6.6 78 reviews

Reviews for Tessalon Perles

For Cough "I was prescribed these “cough pearls” for bronchitis and my new doctor said to continue taking Robitussin DM along with the pearls every 6 hours. That was 3 weeks ago and I’ve taken them religiously, but, still coughing my head off. Last year when I had bronchitis I was prescribed cough medicine with Hydrocodone which helped immediately. I’m going back to doctor and ask for the same cough medicine. I don’t think the cough pearls and robitussin are very effective with my bronchitis."

Blackbean Betty (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Cough "Have had a chronic cough for 8 months. Would wake up every night after being asleep for 4 or 5 hours with a terrible hacking cough that would last for several minutes. At first, x-ray for any lung disease then given medication by doctor to treat possible GERT. No help. Then medication for asthma, no help. Then medication for allergies, no help. Then was given Benzotatate. Coughing stopped almost immediately. Have used it for over a month now and have only woken once with a cough but it was not near as violent as my other coughing spells. Gentle cough and fell back asleep immediately. I've read some of these other reviews that it wasn't helpful but for me it was great."

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Cough "Took my first dosage and immediately started coughing. Took two more pills over the next two days then quit taking. A waste of time and no improvement."

Agitated (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Cough "This doesn’t work! Why bother prescribing it. Go for the cough syrup with codeine instead."

Holly (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Cough "Have been given these for a horrid cough. They don’t really do much except make me sleepy. The cough is still there. Makes me miss being in Australia where I could get codeine cough syrup over the counter if I needed it."

Ellie (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Cough "Best pill ever. Always takes my cough away"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2018

For Cough "I first was prescribed this in 1988. I was keeping the whole house awake from coughing due to bronchitis. , My mom an RN, said "that's it ! You're going to the doctor and getting Tesslon Perles". There's no words to describe the relief that it gave me, not to mention the rest of my family. I was 18 at the time. 30 years later it still works as well for me as it did when in 1988. I feel, for me, this pill is "magic". Its very unfortunate that some people don't have any relief with this. I guess it's a hit or miss thing. Well I'm scoring home runs still after all these years."

100% satisfied (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2018

For Cough "I was diagnosed last night with influenza and acute bronchitis. My coughing fits have been TERRIBLE and make me feel like I can't breathe. Once I start coughing, it's a long time and a severe headache before I can stop. The doctor prescribed Tessalon Perles for me, and I had no idea what it would do. This is the first time I have felt relief in many days! I feel it's effect about 30 minutes after taking it....my cough becomes looser, my sinuses and airway become drier (not so full of mucus), and I lose the urge to cough. AND I can sleep! Win."

Ashley N February 1, 2018

For Cough "Wow. I usually make do with OTC stuff, but cough post-chills phase of a bug I caught was very painful and persistent - Robitussin DM wasn't touching it. Took these and felt better within an hour - and got first good night sleep in days. A bit of a weird 'numby' side effect, but not that bad."

xnappo (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2018

For Cough "The pearls did not help at all. I'm not sure why any Dr would prescribe this medication."

JOSIE And Kate January 23, 2018

For Cough "The true Tessalon Pearls work very well, I have not had the same luck with the generic. As a matter of fact, I have had no relief from my cough with the generic. Unfortunately it's all but impossible to get the actual Tessalon Pearls any more unless you have them special ordered and are willing to pay a fortune."

Tiredoftryingtofindanickname January 7, 2018

For Cough "I first used Tessalon Perles early in 2017 when I had a "cold" with a cough that would not go away. After 2 rounds of antibiotics (for secondary infections) and 2 bottles of tussinex my doctor prescribed Tessalon Perles. I did not expect them to do much for me. WRONG. I had almost instantaneous relief. I have since had a second URI with the 2 rounds of antibiotics, etc. And now I have a chronic cough. It wakes me up, keeps me from singing in church, etc, etc. Having a new Rx for the Tessalon Perles has made all the difference in my quality of life."

MammaK1947 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

For Cough "Calmed and loosened my cough, and quickly."

Pam32 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2017

For Cough "Did not seem to help my cough at all."

Newee (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2017

For Cough "It seems like tessalon perles either work great for people or not at all. They are amazing for me. I get bronchitis every year and they are the only thing that I can take to stop coughing at night. A++"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2017

For Cough "I have been prescribed this medication on two separate occasions, and they’ve been absolutely useless both times. Won’t accept these again."

Chimera77 December 22, 2017

For Cough "With my rare lung disorder, the Tessalon Perles work really well to help control my cough when it flares up. They work really well as I need them and take them consistently until the flareup passes!!"

TracyBee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

For Cough "Still coughing after taking Tessalon Perles for 2 days. They've done absolutely nothing to help with my cough. I'm going back to OTC Robitussin. Pharm tech said most insurances do not cover this medication. Mine was no exception. It's a lot of $ for a product that doesn't work."

Coffee504 December 2, 2017

For Cough "They do not work. Days later I am way worse then I was. They do nothing to the cough. This drug is a joke. Do not take!"

Han S November 30, 2017

For Cough "The first time the pearles were prescribed, I thought they were a miracle drug. Suppressed my cough, and no side effects. Every spring and fall, I get a chest cold. So, I got a prescription 3 days ago. My cough is just as bad as it was 4 days ago AND I am in constant gastric distress. I'm disappointed that they didn't work this time, and the upset tummy and dizziness have turned me off. I'm going back to Mucinex and Robitussin."

Pooped (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

For Cough "Was just rx'd these for bronchitis with a dry, hacking cough that just starting to break up. I am barely coughing other than to clear throat now and cough up stuff. The continuous hack is gone! Great for daytime use to avoid cough syrup with codeine."

annie6749 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Cough "Ok I am x ems/fire/law enforcement person .I am medically retired from this profession. I drive a commercial vehicle for a living now. I am also a heart patient/diabetic type 2. I get to drive all over the US and Canada. I have read numerous statements that it doesn't work or does work. No it may not work for all. I started Monday taking this. It has slowed my hacking down quite a bit. I have not had any side effects of any yet. I'm about to have triple bypass done. I have tried over counter I found only one bottle of med I could legally use that worked. This seems to work for me at this. I will comment at least twice more . I will use it up to my surgery date and a comment to all to how good it was or bad. Everyone is different meds."

Garfield2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

For Cough "I take care of a 94 year old and she came down with a horrible cold with cough. Her doctor prescribed tesslon pearls and within a matter of days she started hallucinating and started going into crazy dreams. She got confused so bad she had no clue who anyone was or that her house was even hers. At the same time she was also prescribed a steroid to help her lungs. Her family would not let me take her off the tesslon pearls. They kept saying it was the steroid. It clearly states in the list of side effects that hallucinating is something that can happen. Read the side effects of this medication before taking it people. Especially when your giving it to elderly!"

Pattytakescareofyou September 12, 2017

For Cough "Literally does nothing when you take them. Told my cousin about being prescribed a pill for cough that does not help and she said "are they the pearls" LOL why yes they are."

Coughing Crystal (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

For Cough "I have COPD stage 3 and bronchitis this med. Works good for me. stopped coughing no side effects no euphoria some people may need more"

Anonymous July 9, 2017