User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Learn more about Tessalon Perles.

Cough 48 reviews 789 medications

Summary of Tessalon Perles reviews 48 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Tessalon Perles

For Cough "I had the flu and was prescribed to take these pills for a bad cough. It seemed like every time I took one my cough got worse. I stopped taking them and went to over the counter cough syrup. Worked much better!"

Molly5989234 March 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Have been prescribed tessalon perles several times for bronchitis and they've never once worked for me. I might as well eat a sugar cube. Sadly cough drops do a better job of suppressing my cough than tessalon perles and that's nothing to brag about. The previous poster who wants the syrup is right, that stuff is the only thing that really works."

Listentomedoc March 1, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "About 14 years ago I had the flu/bronchitis and was prescribed tesslon pearles along with the Z-Pak it worked great. I had coughed so bad it felt like I was going into pulmonary distress it immediately helped but now in the last 2 years I have this nagging cough it seems to come with a real bad sinus infection both years I have been prescribed tesslon and it doesn't even help the coughs keep returning. Last week I have taken 3 pearles a day at 100mg each I am still coughing I have asked for THE SYRUP and was told NO or the docs would look at me like I was JUNKIE trying to get over I don't understand the docs if this stuff isn't working why are they writing the scripts I WANT SOME OF THAT SYRUP LOL that is the only thing that helps"

lia3131 February 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "My doctor said the pearls did not work for her but other people said they work great. I tried them and in 20 min my cough was gone!! I see they don't work for everyone but they worked for me!"

Ck2468 February 17, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I feel like I cough even more after taking this. It is not effective at all."

Kpinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I saw no difference in my cough using these pills. It was still horrible and kept me up at night and lasted several days"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I've had bronchitis for two weeks and the tessalon pearles have not worked for me. What has worked, to sleep at night, is taking 2 Benadryl liquigels at bedtime. During the day I drink a lot of water, suck on ricola extra strength cough drops, and I have an albuterol inhaler."

Don't Work (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

For Cough "They work!"

Momma knows what works baby January 13, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Did not experience much relief of cough but found myself running to the bathroom multiple times at night. Will probably discontinue, had I tried before work, this could have been a nightmare!"

Jk01123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "A sudden fit of nonstop coughing landed me at doctor's office. Nothing over the counter helped. I felt like my ribs were cracked and pain was awful. My Dr prescribed Tessalon Perles 100 MG. No more cough and no side effects. I am back to normal. "

Cracked ribs (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I started this a few days ago, after I was told by the Clinic that it would work well for me because it was a "non narcotic" however, I found that it only provides temporary relief. it does nothing to help fight the infection causing the cough. I was told to stop taking other OTC Medicines. But this really didn't do anything"

constantcougher (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "have been taking them for two days now and have seen no change in my cough, especially at night, I coughed all night. tempted to go to the drugstore tomorrow and ask for something they can recommend. I think tonight I am going to take something else."

cougher1227 December 27, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I have had my respiratory virus for quite some time which had turned into a infection. I was up all night coughing and with a tickle in my throat. Could not even get a quick nap in I was coughing so much. I decided to bust out the Tessalon Pearls my doc prescribed me a year or so back.. after trying DayQuil and NyQuil severe which didn't seem to be working whatsoever for my cough. I took 100 milligram Pearl and within 20 minutes the urge to cough Reduce by at least 50% I'm amazed at how quickly it works and can't wait to fall asleep for the first time in days. I would suggest trying this before going to the more sedate of a narcotic and of things with the cough syrup definitely worth it and way less symptoms and side effects."

SicklyOneCoughing December 21, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Works like a charm. I take it only when I get an uncontrollable dry heaving gagging sore ribs diaphragm forget about sleeping kind of cough if I have an URI, occurs about once every several years. If you're experiencing side effects try taking lowest dose possible and make sure you're hydrated."

TGC RDN December 13, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Made the cough completely vanish, but had a pretty bad headache couples with constant drowsiness and light dizziness. Definitely worth it, but awful when i have to get a lot done at night (which i often do). Overall: They get the job done, but it ultimately you must weigh the cough vs the side effects."

LeFowler November 14, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Was prescribed Tessalon Pers. following E.R. visit for Bronchospasm / Bronchitis. It works well for controlling the cough.....However, caused G.I. Upset after using it for a few days. Therefore, stopped taking it. Worked well for one problem.....caused another. Will be taking Mucinex today and hope for relief without having to spend so much time in the bathroom !! Thank you ~"

Azre (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I had asthma as a child and can tell you getting sick in the winter always leads to bronchitus horrible coughing fits so much to dry heaving being unbearable. Im 30 so now experienced in having that winter cold no longer do i need antibiotics as the respitory infections become less and less ive found running jogging or swimming staying in cardiovascular health is the best way to avoid this disaster , but these tessalon perle that first time ive had them this year work miracles for me they almost instantly subdue the coughs two pills at a time i experience no side effects other than drowsy and they are perfect for night when your body is slowing down the cough is coming back and its impossible to sleep when you need that rest"

Guy who gets bronchitus every (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Doctor prescribed 100mg perles. I am still coughing like crazy, congested and can't breathe. I wanted promethazine DM cough syrup (NOT the codeine one - as I don't do well with codeine). Doctor prescribed these stupid things instead. Kaiser does not cover the cough medicine that works."

Breeta (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Have been prescribed this med twice before. First two times worked like magic. Just swept the urge to cough away. This time, years later, same story. After 8 days of continuous wracking coughs, and 20-hours a day in bed, gave up on OTC-DM tablets and went for better help. After 1 perle, the coughing has subsided. No side effects. Bliss."

Perley August 25, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I was prescribed this medication at the ER, after a coughing fit so severe I almost passed out. I took my narcotic cough syrup before bed. I woke up about 6 hours later coughing, so I took the Tessalon Perles. My coughing stopped, but I got every side effect. My head was pounding so bad I couldn't sit or stand for more than a few minutes. I was very disappointed, because I needed something to get me through the day. This medication worked great on my cough, but I felt worse in every other perspective."

NettyRed August 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "I've had asthma since I was a baby. all colds since I was a baby have ended up turning into bronchitis or pneumonia. I am 29 now and asthma only flares up once or Twice a year from a bad cold. The ONLY thing that has ever helped my cough was codeine cough syrup... It's a miracle drug. (Aside from inhalers but that never stops the cough) However after 2 weeks of horrible bronchitis with coughing fits so bad I am dry heaving, I went back to the doc and told him I needed something that didn't make me drowsy so I could actually function during the day without coughing. He gave tessalon perles. I just took one dose 100mg an hour ago and my coughing has virtually stopped even laying down. THANK GOODNESS FOR A NON-NARCOTIC MED THAT WORKS!"

Simi Truzman (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Upper respiratory infection sent me to an urgent care center, where 100mg of Tessalon Perles was prescribed. This lowest dosage relaxed the lung muscles so I didn't suffer from the coughing spasms and while I still had to sleep sitting up I was more comfortable. Prescription was for 3xday but I only took it twice daily. Follow-up visit to my primary care doctor resulted in a prescription for 200mg twice daily and that dosage was too much for me. I had a scary episode resembling a heart attack and stopped the medication immediately. Heart pounding, chest muscles tightened front and back, profuse sweating, dizziness, one episode of vomiting. I consumed large quantities of water to flush the drug out of my system and will never take it again."

LonestarBabs (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Started taking this after 3 weeks of coughing so intense that I would gag and gasp and have to run to the restroom to pee. Horrible. This was the only thing that lessened the coughing, but my doctor insisted I take it with a decongestant. I still cough, but it has been fewer and less intense."

Engteacher (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "The first prescription I've ever had for a cough that actually works."

rmherring (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough "Just started using tessalon perles while having a horrible cough from bronchitis. Very shortly after taking first dose I am hardly coughing at all! That's awesome as last night I was coughing so much I woke up with no voice! Not having any side effects from it as others have reported. Love it!!"

Befought April 4, 2016