User Reviews for Fioricet to treat Headache

Fioricet Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 258 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fioricet

addieje53 · Taken for 10 years or more August 17, 2019

"I've had migraines for about 30+ years. After many tests and trials by a neurologist, she put me on a "triple therapy" treatment consisting of 25 mg Indomethacin capsule, 50 mg Fioricet, & an anti-nausea med. I stopped taking the anti-nausea meds because I never get nauseous with my migraines but the other 2 are the ONLY meds that have ever totally gotten rid of my migraines. So my testament is from using these 2 for over 30 years. At the first sign of a migraine or waking up with one, I usually take 1 indomethacin and 1/2 tablet Fioricet and I'm good for the rest of the day! Thumbs Up!!"

blueballerina · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

"I had my 1st migraine/tension headache about 10yrs ago. I was on Midrin,(which is THE BEST med IMO) before it went off market. Next:Imitrex,it was ok until I developed Serotonin Syndrome, so I’m banned from Triptans & Ergo’s. Then the"replacement"for Midrin had come out ,but IT went off the market too! So now Fioricet! I was on 1cap: 2X’s/day PRN w/no relief & also no SE’s. Now I take 2caps PRN & it’s close to how Midrin worked, so I’m happy with it!"

Cilly June 17, 2019

"I have had a headaches of some sort since 1992. Migraine, tension and cluster among others I can't describe. This is the only med that comes close to giving me relief! It's not intended for migraines but, it seems to take the sharp edge off of it! Thank goodness I haven't had any bad side effects from it. Now and then I will have a rebound h/a but nothing bad!"

Wynnielove · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

"Such a great headache medication! I do prefer the Codeine version"

Kshea · Taken for 10 years or more February 28, 2019

"I began getting migraines about a year after my first child .. It is legit hands down the best drug I've taken for migraine. I stopped drinking in 2011 fully expecting to be healthy. That didn't even happen a little bit. I've devoted diabetes, and when my bs crashes, I instantly get a migraine. Fioricet works better than any drug that I've tried. The only thing that I don't like is sometimes I do get a rebound headache or the hangover feeling."

Brandy · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 30, 2019

"Fiorcet works to eliminate most of my migraine symptoms; ie: tight, tense neck, shoulders, upper back and facial muscles, throbbing, radiating and stabbing pains and nausea. It greatly reduces and sometimes eliminates changes in tastes and smells, sound and light sensitivities."

OBXHippieChick December 4, 2018

"I noticed a few people mentioned that their insurance didn't cover it. I experienced the same problem. Insurance didn't cover my script. Then one day a pharmacist tried to run it as a pill instead of the capsule and like magic insurance covered the script. Fioricet works wonders for my migraines and tension headaches. Unfortunately, I go to a local clinic where doctor turnover is high so I have to jump through hoops and have my meds screwed with about every six months. They always end up prescribing me fioricet but, not until they try a litany of trial and error on my headaches. I've have clusters, migraines and tension headaches since 1971. I used to take darvocet 100's and they quit making those. Then midrin and they stopped that. Now fioricet and they're kind of weird about that. Just remember to try the pill and not capsule tablets and set if your insurance is more user friendly."

Deb · Taken for 10 years or more September 3, 2018

"I have had migraine headaches for over 30 yrs. I have taken MANY meds that were prescribed by Neurologists that created a lot of side affects- none that were helpful. I now take 2 Fiorocet pills everyday and find it manages my chronic daily headaches most days. I know it is believed that my headaches may be rebound headaches but all the many attempts to address this have failed. My use has not escalated, and I am able to work at a demanding job and be present for my family. I am very grateful for Fiorocet!"

butalbital rocks · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2018

"Do not let the big drug company sponsored research scare you out of trying this medication for your tension HA. I have tried several medications in the past. All with promises of being the miracle drug for me. Fioricet is the only medication that allowed me to be truly free of my HA. I was unable to work and collected unemployment. Fioricet allowed me to work and be free from government over site. Thank you to all the companies out there that don't let the old line drugs fall away from doctors site."

Mandergoo · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

"This literally took away a tension headache I had for 3 days within 20 minutes. I couldn’t believe how fast it worked. Nothing else has helped me in the past."

RedBandit July 13, 2018

"I have had a headache non stop for 8 months now. Fioracet is the only thing saving me. It stops the pain (till it wears off) with no side effects. I hate taking meds. But this one I have to give a 10 stars!"

MissSheltie · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2018

"The only thing that works for severe headaches on the back and top of head."

Jolyn · Taken for 10 years or more May 28, 2018

"Only thing that works 90% of the time with no side effects. Now the VA will not dispense it even with my Neurologists prescriptions."

Harry · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 18, 2018

"So thankful for Flioricet as I have had migraines/tension headaches for ten years daily. I can tell they are coming on and take 2 tabs within 15 minutes have relief without side effects. A specialist tried 2 other pills that mad me dizzy for 2 days as required before he would do Botox. He also tried amitripline along with the firocet which gave me relief plus great sleep..maybe too much. I have been charged up to nearly $1000/ year for 2 each 12 hours as needed... basically daily. I have demanded and gotten a $243 price, / 120 days, self pay, as my insurance does not have it in the formulary. Why is it so costly?...."

lazen · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2017

"Had a seizure for an entire day after not taking this. The situation was a headache, but migraine level, so maybe a migraine. Lights were overpowering, sound was too loud, I couldn’t focus on simply existing. So a hospitalist prescribed me this. After, I had the first seizure of my life, it lasted about half a day. My mother luckily was around the house, and noticed something was off, but it was hours into seizing that she realized what was happening. I awoke in the hospital restarained to the bed and no idea how I got there. If you take multiple medicines, stay away from Fioricet. Now at every hospital visit, I’m put safely with towels around the bed, and have no freedom to even walk. All because of this one experience. Beware of Fioric"

Jess211 October 11, 2017

"Effective for migraine and tension headaches, can cause slurring of speech and over anxiety especially on maximum dose."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2017

"Was given foricet at E.R. for Tension headache and I suffer from severe anxiety I immediately had tachycardia (fast heart beat) after taking this drug it got rid of my headache but it left me miserable with my anxiety never taking this again"

aeralynlayla · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 5, 2017

"I started getting severe headaches 3 months after starting a new job I loved; I was only getting between 4-6 hrs of sleep a night after being on my feet 16 hrs a day. Artificial lights were like swords in my brain during the day, and towards the evening were intolerable. Noise was also making my head hurt worse - to the point where I was throwing up from the pain. I was given Topamax and had great results for a week. Then tapered to better results than not taking it. I was still getting the headaches daily. My doctor prescribed Fioricet PRN along with Propanalol to take with the Topamax as a preventative measure. What a relief. What a difference. I had a Doctor of Osteopathy who immediately knew what to prescribe via my symptoms."

Anonymous September 9, 2017

"I have had a pounding throbbing migraine for 18 days a terrible throbbing pain on the left side of my head. I tried everything under the sun imitrex over the counter everything the only thing that worked for me is fioricet it took away my migraine in an instant I suffer from anxiety so that caused my tension migraines this medicine puts anxiety at easy and your migraine completely gone. Please don't be in pain anymore go to your doctor and get fioricet. I feel for all the migraine sufferers I have been dealing with it for half my life don't be in pain anymore this medicine will really work also if you have moderate to severe anxiety like I do hope this helps!!!"

Notanothermigraine · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2017

"It helps to knock out the pain and reduce the tension in the head and eyes associated with migraine, but it appears to be somewhat of a controlled substance, or at least one that they're wary of, so I'm not sure what else I can do to be migraine free. I've tried Botox twice. I now know that does not work for me. I tried Effexor as a prophylactic. Not working. This is hormone related so there's not a heck of a lot I can do here - but just keep asking for more pills. Not ideal, but worn out. My eyeball hurts right now just looking at this screen."

migrane 2 July 17, 2017

"Why is Firocet so expensive?. I am retired and my plan has this drug cost at $500."

DARRLINGS2 June 10, 2017

"This is the best medicine for tension headaches bar none. Big pharma has tried to get it banned for years because it is so cheap and effective which is a treat to their vastly over priced, dangerous and ineffective alternatives.. IF YOU HAVE HEADACHE OF ANY KIND, I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO TRY THIS MIRACLE (FOR ME) MEDICATION."

chetmcgee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2017

"Like all the meds for pain, sleep, back in the day; the 60s to the turn of the 21st century, these drugs actually work. I thought fiorinal had gone the way of Seconal, Nembutal, Amytal, Tuinal, Doriden, and the scores of other equally effective compounds, but a doctor recently gave me a script for Fioricet, shocked it was still around, and that it was not a controlled substance here in Tucson; but best of all, it works. I've always sworn by these pills; they live up to their claim of effectiveness on tension, and not just headaches; they handle stress, anxiety, panic disorders, and the entire spectrum of nervous disorders. New is not better, it's just a poor smudged carbon copy of the original, and a very bad one at that."

Tuuli May 19, 2017

"I've been having migraines since I was a little girl. I've been on all sorts of migraine meds over the years. Imitrex, triptan, neurotoxin, and even Xanax because they thought it is being caused by anxiety. About 2 years ago I was in my classroom and had a wicked migraine. A sub told me about fioricet. I asked my doctor, mind you I was being seen by my doctor for this problem. When I arrived at the doctors that day. I couldn't even open my eyes. She prescribed it to me before I went over for another CT scan of my head. It worked so fast and I got relief before I left from my CT scan. It was a miracle. Nothing worked liked fioricet. But I've had other types of migraines, other then ones coming from my neck, it didn't work the same."

Chelseabergstresser · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2017

"I take this almost every 2-5 days, due to my unbearable tension headaches. This past time (I am Rx'd 2 tabs every 4-6 hrs) I took my entire daily taking which is what, max 12? and I took them all but staggered, and I ended up in the ER with a shot of Naloxone from overdosing on the butalbital. Not sure naloxone works on barbs....but they gave it to me anyway. I was so out of it I couldn't see or talk right. I'm someone who takes benzos..or used to, that is, so I can handle that type of feeling. BUT....at the end of the day, this medication DOES work for tension headaches and helps me sleep, the caffeine in my opinion is cancelled out by the butalbital. I take the non scheduled- no codeine- version- although I wish I was. id cut back on em."