User Reviews for Fioricet (Page 5)

Fioricet Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fioricet to treat Headache

"I use Fioricet on regular basis and most of the time it seems to help."

harvo November 4, 2009

"Fioricet does wonders! It helps my tension headaches, especially when I am stressed!"

Anonymous October 13, 2009

"I was getting cluster headaches for about 3 weeks. Went to ER and they gave me a shot of Stadol, but that didn't even take my headache away. Got Fioricet prescription filled next day (today). Haven't had a headache all day."

workingmomonline.org September 15, 2009

"I have had almost daily headaches since I was 15. I am now 43. I would not have believed such a simple medication would have worked so well."

tsasearchbag September 3, 2009

"I have brain tumors and Fioricet works wonders. It makes the pain go away in about an hour. I couldn't live without this wonder drug."

brain tumor July 7, 2009

"Works great but it does make me sleepy at first. I have found that I only have to take it once and my headache is gone for the rest of the day!"

Anonymous June 15, 2009

"I have been a suffering from migraine headaches for 20 years. I've tried EVERYTHING. My experience has shown if you take 2 tablets of Fioricet at the onset of one, you will do yourself a huge favor. It works. It may not eliminate your migraine but it will make it tolerable and less severe. Like others above, you have to be careful about how much you do take. I've found if I had a bad headache and have taken several pills, I have to then ween myself off of it by taking one pill every 4 hours over the next day or so to prevent a rebound headache. If you take many of these to relieve a headache, I recommend taking a few when your headache is gone to prevent a rebound. I make sure I carry my Fioricet with me at all times."

Boxer Mum May 5, 2009

"Have been using this drug for about 16 years now. No other migraine medicine compares to it. Have recommended it to several other migraine sufferers. In turn they have called their doctors and now they are on it. They have had the same luck I have."

Kymberlie April 15, 2009

"I was not one prone to headaches until recently. They started at the base of my neck and continued upward until I didn't want to move a muscle. Oddly enough, these were prescribed by my dentist due to an upcoming root canal I was getting ready for. I took one the next time I had a headache and within 30 minutes it was completely gone. I was amazed."

MIBIWAEI April 6, 2009

"Beware - this drug may give rebound headaches."

Anonymous February 25, 2009

"For the first six months it worked great but now it doesn't relieve my headaches at all. In fact the only thing it does is gives me insomnia."

Anonymous February 7, 2009

"I have tried just about every option available and this medication has been the only one to truly relieve my headache AND allow me to feel "normal" so that I am able to function. "

Anonymous January 12, 2009

"It is the only medicine that I have found to work on my headaches and believe me I have tried so many different ones over the years."

Anonymous December 17, 2008

"This is a wonderful drug. It takes the pain away within a few minutes and even if the migraine doesn't go away altogether, the pain isn't as bad as it would be or could be, without some form of medication. Believe me I've tried them all. I am now on Topamax 50mg twice a day, Fioricet and Midrin. "

snoopy_4 November 18, 2008

"I get probably 4 or 5 migraines a month. I couldn't bear to be without my fioricet. It's the only medicine that seems to work for me. If I feel a headache starting, I take 2 tabs and within 20-30 mins, the headache is gone. In addition to being a mother of 4 girls, I have run my family day care for 17 years and I just wouldn't be able to function without my fioricet. I have tried several other mediciness before fioricet, and nothing seemed to help so I am very thankful for fioricet. It works great for me. I've tried to avoid things that set off my headaches, like not eating before 2 pm, or my pillows not being right when sleeping, brightness, sounds, smells and stress. But some can't be avoided. Thank you."

SEVERE MIGRAIN SUFFERER November 6, 2008

"Best medicine for tension headaches."

Anonymous October 21, 2008

"I've had headaches since early childood and I swear I tried everything; OTC medicines, chiropractic, acupuncture, yoga, different diets, physical therapy, ultrasound. Finally after seeing a million doctors, including two neurologists and a pain specialist, I moved to a new state and started seeing a Physician's Assistant, who prescribed me Fioricet. What a diffrence in my life. My headaches go away within an hour or so now, instead of just "waiting it out" for 3 to 6 days. I would tell anyone with TMJ and/or tension headaches to try this. It works best if you take it as soon as you feel a headache coming on. I too tried to use it as a last resort, but I have learned that it's not worth the suffering."

Anonymous October 19, 2008

"Fioricet was a God-send for my chronic headaches. "

Anonymous October 17, 2008

"Fioricet was the only thing that would reduce my pain effectively, but can not take on an empty stomach!"

littlemomma70 September 14, 2008

"I have been suffering from strong tension headaches since the birth of my second son. Fioricet has been wonderful. Fioricet has taken the pain away quickly and has allowed me to be a more pleasant parent to my children and a nicer co-worker. "

jamae August 21, 2008

"I've learned to 'live' with headaches; often lasting up to four days or more. I was prescribed Fioricet about two years ago and I find it to be a relief not to have to 'live' with a headache for days anymore. I'm careful about using it and often as a last resort after trying Advil and the like. Therefore I don't find it habit forming for me. It is an absolute relief drug."

Anonymous July 17, 2008

"I used Fioricet for years to not only treat my headaches, but to help with tense aches and pains in my shoulders. It was the only thing that worked and allowed me to continue with my daily routine. I did notice that after taking it for such a long time I experienced some of the withdrawls. I would reccomend taking it but follow how your doctor says to take your dosages even if you think you are starting to have a "headache" it might just be a rebound reaction."

Anonymous June 28, 2008

"I have been taking Fioricet as needed for about 15 years. I love it. If Fioricet doesn't help, nothing does. I do not find it to be habit forming at all. I do find that if i take it for too many days in a row it is not as effective and then I suffer from rebound headaches."

Anonymous June 17, 2008

"Very effective medication for tension headache or migraine. Minimal side effects, i.e. drowsiness, etc."

headache1974 May 29, 2008

"I have terrible headaches due to sinus problems and I have found that this medicine is a blessing and I take it when needed."

JennC915 April 29, 2008