User Reviews for Fioricet to treat Headache (Page 4)

Fioricet Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 258 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fioricet

Andie77 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2013

"I developed a tumor 6 yrs ago because of a temporary lack of oxygen and since then I have suffered severe, debilitating migraines that last for days. I've been through several neurologists trying to get help and have been on very strong medications that mess with my brain chemistry to little alleviating effect. The neurologist I currently have began giving me nerve block injections in nerve bundles near the base of my skull every few months. They are very painful & only last about 8 weeks, sometimes longer if I'm lucky. During my last round he gave me Fioricet to try to prolong the time between shots. I have to say it works wonders. I only take 1 and can actually function. If it returns I simply take another! That's all I need for weeks, at times."

Suzy2013 February 25, 2013

"This is the only medicine that gave me relief from migraines. I've taken Imitrex, Toradol and Tylenol, nothing works for me accept Fioricet! It prevented me from going to ER visits for my migraines."

Mrs Uncoordinated · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2013

"I had a severe concussion and was given Fioricet, after Toradol and something else wouldn't offer any relief. Talk about a miracle. Once it kicked in my headache was gone! One pill every 4 hours, but with my injury it seemed to wear off in about 3 hours and unfortunately it takes an hour plus to start working. I did sleep after each pill so maybe I'm just immune to the caffeine. Love this medicine, just wish it worked faster and lasted longer."

Reliefinally January 24, 2013

"I've had migraines my entire life. This is the only thing that has helped me. I have taken birth controls for years. I only take one Fioricet per day when I feel a headache starting and I haven't had a "migraine" since I started this medication a couple of weeks ago. This is my miracle pill."

JennaBrown January 1, 2013

"A very effective medication without unpleasant side effects."

farmertodd · Taken for 10 years or more December 31, 2012

"I've been taking Fioricet for 40 years. I've had migraines for 53 years. I was 19 when it was first prescribed for me, before that, my life revolved around my headaches. Fioricet changed my life for the incredibly better. I'm third generation migraine sufferer, so I suppose there's an argument for a genetic predisposition. Up until I was 19, headaches were an almost daily occurrence since I was very young, lasting from 8 hours to days. So many things triggered them that I won't even begin to make a list. I am careful about the acetaminophen component, which seems to be the main potential negative health issue. Rebound headaches can also occur, but, it's nothing compared to the life enhancing benefits, at least for me."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 6, 2012

"I have tried everything, Imitex you name it but I always come back to Fioricet so I'm sticking with itl It works wonders I love it."

Hurtman2000 September 7, 2012

"I'm new to the throbbing, headache life. Went to emergency yesterday after having had a headache that would not go away after it started 7 days from then. Chiropractor exam and such checked out. Eye doctor checked out. Was alternating between two pain medicines during that week in order to manage the pain. ER doctor prescribed me Fioricet. I'm keeping a log of it as I go...started with one pill so far to see how it went. Took first pill at 12:00am and 1 1/2 hour later the pain was numb enough to make me comfortable. This morning I took it again at 9:00am since the pain was starting again. 40 minutes later the pain is gone. I'm really liking this medicine so far."

Sparky the Wonder Dog June 29, 2012

"I suffered from tension headaches starting in my right temple and then manifesting in the back of my neck that would hang on for days--pain in the temple alternating between dull background to incapacitating twinges. Fioricet has been very effective in cutting my headache cycle short. It has been a God send."

kearse · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2012

"This medicine takes my pain away. This is one of the best."

Anonymous April 11, 2012

"My son has suffered with severe migraines since the age of 8 when he was diagnosed with seizures. For the better part of the next 9 yrs. I had to watch him suffer because we were told there was nothing to be done other than diet, etc. No one wants to see their child suffer! At last we found a wonderful doctor who first prescribed Midrin, which really helped, but then of course insurance didn't want to pay for it anymore and suggested Fioricet. 2 pills at the most and I have my happy son back!"

Misticoy March 16, 2012

"I have been suffering from headaches and shoulder strain for years. I finally found a medicine that works. For me it is like taking Vicodin without the grogginess. It takes the pain away and helps me relax. Finally a medicine that WORKS!!"

Byjw82 March 9, 2012

"I'm a migraine sufferer and allergic to the triptans, what is generally prescribed for migraine relief i.e. Imitrex and it's family, so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it works great for me. I no longer have to rely on Excedrine and taking six of them to find relief. Two Fioricet and I'm typically good to go. The Tylenol content doesn't bother me because I was taking a lot more with the Excedrine. I'm also on 100mg of Topamax twice daily for control which is all I've ever found to work and I've been quite the guinea pig there."

renea67 February 23, 2012

"It is the only medication I have found to really take care of my tension headaches. Works tremendously. You need to take it on the onset of your headache for it to work the best."

Nanny of 3 January 23, 2012

"It is the best medicine for headaches caused by TMJ and degenerative disc diease. I usually never have to take the secound dose. I did at first but now I don't. Don't take it everyday only as needed. Works good for leg aches also."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

"I am 30yrs old. I started getting headache's when I was about 11 yrs old. This is the only medicine I've found that will help my headaches."

not disclosing September 6, 2011

"Fioricet is truly a wonder drug. I'm had migraines since I was 15 (27 now) and if you take it right when the headache starts, lay down for 30 minutes, you'll feel rejuvenated. BUT, Fioricet can cause rebound headaches (headaches that one gets when they are used to taking a medicine for a while), so while it may be hard to just take one pill when your head is throbbing and you have things to do, it will pay off in the long run. So try to alternate with other medicines in there so your body doesn't get used it. Because I rebounded from Fioricet which means I have chronic daily migraines = no fun. In conclusion, great medicine. "

Anonymous August 24, 2011

"Helped tremendously with headaches but I am wary of how much Tylenol is in it. My doctor said no more then 4 a day. I take one because I worry about liver damage. It really takes my headache away but when it returns, I won't take another one. ."

Anonymous July 30, 2011

"I take Topamax daily and Imitrex injections as needed. My Imitrex injections weren't working for me so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it takes care of my headaches almost immediately."

Anonymous April 17, 2011

"I'm glad to hear after I have tried all other medicines others like me find Fioricet to be the most effective. I have taken as needed for about 17 yrs .. just relief from my headaches."

Anonymous February 8, 2011

"I fell back in 2007 and did a lot of damage to my neck and back. Since then, I've suffered tension headaches that are absolutely debilitating. I have to curl up in a cold, dark, quiet place and wait for them to end, like others, usually between 3-6 days. I've tried everything. Heat, ice, physical therapy, trigger point therapy, visualization, exercise, core strengthening, significant weight loss (100 lbs), relaxation techniques, psychologists, and medication after medication. I had a doctor prescribe Fioricet a couple of months ago. My headaches aren't "cured," but I can definitely function if I have to now. I only take them when I have to though. No withdrawal symptoms yet at all. I do get insomnia though."

Frisby0 January 28, 2011

"Was prescribed Fioricet for my headaches that don't go away with regular means or my Toradol. I've had either woken up with or developed a headache for 2 weeks in a row now. The Fioricet seemed to make the headache abate so I didn't notice it as much the first day I took it but the headache was back the next day. So, it didn't work for me but it does make me not care so much and feel sleepy. As you can see by the other posts here, whether it works or not is a personal thing."

LKash January 26, 2011

"Chronic neck spasms and resulting headaches as well as sinus headaches. Works fairly well if taken ASAP. The caffiene content can keep you awake though."

barnes821 November 29, 2010

"I have use this medication for over 10 years as need. It takes some time for your body to get use to it but it takes care of my migraines faster than anything I have taken. I do use over the counter medicines to control the headaches that are not as severe or when I can bear it. I works great for me. It lets me continue living without the pain while managing the headache at work or on the go."

Anonymous November 19, 2010

"I am a 61 year old female and have tried everything out there for headaches since my late 20's. This is a wonder medication for me. I started using it in my 30's and is the only thing I can use and still function without being down in bed in pain."