User Reviews for Fioricet (Page 4)

Fioricet Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fioricet to treat Headache

"I've been taking Fioricet for 40 years. I've had migraines for 53 years. I was 19 when it was first prescribed for me, before that, my life revolved around my headaches. Fioricet changed my life for the incredibly better. I'm third generation migraine sufferer, so I suppose there's an argument for a genetic predisposition. Up until I was 19, headaches were an almost daily occurrence since I was very young, lasting from 8 hours to days. So many things triggered them that I won't even begin to make a list. I am careful about the acetaminophen component, which seems to be the main potential negative health issue. Rebound headaches can also occur, but, it's nothing compared to the life enhancing benefits, at least for me."

farmertodd (taken for 10 years or more) December 31, 2012

"I have tried everything, Imitex you name it but I always come back to Fioricet so I'm sticking with itl It works wonders I love it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2012

"I'm new to the throbbing, headache life. Went to emergency yesterday after having had a headache that would not go away after it started 7 days from then. Chiropractor exam and such checked out. Eye doctor checked out. Was alternating between two pain medicines during that week in order to manage the pain. ER doctor prescribed me Fioricet. I'm keeping a log of it as I go...started with one pill so far to see how it went. Took first pill at 12:00am and 1 1/2 hour later the pain was numb enough to make me comfortable. This morning I took it again at 9:00am since the pain was starting again. 40 minutes later the pain is gone. I'm really liking this medicine so far."

Hurtman2000 September 7, 2012

"I suffered from tension headaches starting in my right temple and then manifesting in the back of my neck that would hang on for days--pain in the temple alternating between dull background to incapacitating twinges. Fioricet has been very effective in cutting my headache cycle short. It has been a God send."

Sparky the Wonder Dog June 29, 2012

"This medicine takes my pain away. This is one of the best."

kearse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2012

"My son has suffered with severe migraines since the age of 8 when he was diagnosed with seizures. For the better part of the next 9 yrs. I had to watch him suffer because we were told there was nothing to be done other than diet, etc. No one wants to see their child suffer! At last we found a wonderful doctor who first prescribed Midrin, which really helped, but then of course insurance didn't want to pay for it anymore and suggested Fioricet. 2 pills at the most and I have my happy son back!"

Anonymous April 11, 2012

"I have been suffering from headaches and shoulder strain for years. I finally found a medicine that works. For me it is like taking Vicodin without the grogginess. It takes the pain away and helps me relax. Finally a medicine that WORKS!!"

Misticoy March 16, 2012

"I'm a migraine sufferer and allergic to the triptans, what is generally prescribed for migraine relief i.e. Imitrex and it's family, so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it works great for me. I no longer have to rely on Excedrine and taking six of them to find relief. Two Fioricet and I'm typically good to go. The Tylenol content doesn't bother me because I was taking a lot more with the Excedrine. I'm also on 100mg of Topamax twice daily for control which is all I've ever found to work and I've been quite the guinea pig there."

Byjw82 March 9, 2012

"It is the only medication I have found to really take care of my tension headaches. Works tremendously. You need to take it on the onset of your headache for it to work the best."

renea67 February 23, 2012

"It is the best medicine for headaches caused by TMJ and degenerative disc diease. I usually never have to take the secound dose. I did at first but now I don't. Don't take it everyday only as needed. Works good for leg aches also."

Nanny of 3 January 23, 2012

"I am 30yrs old. I started getting headache's when I was about 11 yrs old. This is the only medicine I've found that will help my headaches."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

"Fioricet is truly a wonder drug. I'm had migraines since I was 15 (27 now) and if you take it right when the headache starts, lay down for 30 minutes, you'll feel rejuvenated. BUT, Fioricet can cause rebound headaches (headaches that one gets when they are used to taking a medicine for a while), so while it may be hard to just take one pill when your head is throbbing and you have things to do, it will pay off in the long run. So try to alternate with other medicines in there so your body doesn't get used it. Because I rebounded from Fioricet which means I have chronic daily migraines = no fun. In conclusion, great medicine. "

not disclosing September 6, 2011

"Helped tremendously with headaches but I am wary of how much Tylenol is in it. My doctor said no more then 4 a day. I take one because I worry about liver damage. It really takes my headache away but when it returns, I won't take another one. ."

Anonymous August 24, 2011

"I take Topamax daily and Imitrex injections as needed. My Imitrex injections weren't working for me so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it takes care of my headaches almost immediately."

Anonymous July 30, 2011

"I'm glad to hear after I have tried all other medicines others like me find Fioricet to be the most effective. I have taken as needed for about 17 yrs .. just relief from my headaches."

Anonymous April 17, 2011

"I fell back in 2007 and did a lot of damage to my neck and back. Since then, I've suffered tension headaches that are absolutely debilitating. I have to curl up in a cold, dark, quiet place and wait for them to end, like others, usually between 3-6 days. I've tried everything. Heat, ice, physical therapy, trigger point therapy, visualization, exercise, core strengthening, significant weight loss (100 lbs), relaxation techniques, psychologists, and medication after medication. I had a doctor prescribe Fioricet a couple of months ago. My headaches aren't "cured," but I can definitely function if I have to now. I only take them when I have to though. No withdrawal symptoms yet at all. I do get insomnia though."

Anonymous February 8, 2011

"Was prescribed Fioricet for my headaches that don't go away with regular means or my Toradol. I've had either woken up with or developed a headache for 2 weeks in a row now. The Fioricet seemed to make the headache abate so I didn't notice it as much the first day I took it but the headache was back the next day. So, it didn't work for me but it does make me not care so much and feel sleepy. As you can see by the other posts here, whether it works or not is a personal thing."

Frisby0 January 28, 2011

"Chronic neck spasms and resulting headaches as well as sinus headaches. Works fairly well if taken ASAP. The caffiene content can keep you awake though."

LKash January 26, 2011

"I have use this medication for over 10 years as need. It takes some time for your body to get use to it but it takes care of my migraines faster than anything I have taken. I do use over the counter medicines to control the headaches that are not as severe or when I can bear it. I works great for me. It lets me continue living without the pain while managing the headache at work or on the go."

barnes821 November 29, 2010

"I am a 61 year old female and have tried everything out there for headaches since my late 20's. This is a wonder medication for me. I started using it in my 30's and is the only thing I can use and still function without being down in bed in pain."

Anonymous November 19, 2010

"I've had migraines since I was 12, they went away from the time I was 16 until recently at the age of 20. I've been hospitalized because they have been so severe this time around. Fioricet is the only thing that has any effect on my migraines, but it takes about two hours to even start to help. Even then, it'll only knock it from a ten down to a nine, or an eight if I'm really lucky. I have linked my headaches back to food allergies, which I'm discovering more and more of every week. I have to read every ingredient and prepare all meals myself, which is extremely difficult as a college student commuting. If you cannot find the source of your migraines, try eliminating malted wheat barely, MSG, sodium nitrate and chocolate."

QueenMab November 7, 2010

"I've been dealing with migraines nd atension headaches for 21 yrs and now sinus problems. OTC medicines will work for a short time but I'd have to take them throughout the day. Fioricet is the only thing that will help with all types of headaches for me. I've tried Imitrex, Zomig, Indomethicin, Toradol, etc. and Fioricet comes out ahead of them all. Now I'm on Topamax, Elavil, and Fioricet to control my headaches."

Anonymous October 24, 2010

"I have gone through more medicines than I can count, looking for something that helps with my debilitating migraines. Recently my doctor prescribed Fioricet. What a relief to finally find something that works! The trick is to take the medication as soon as possible. If you wait until the migraine has gotten too far it does not help much."

R6Chick June 30, 2010

"I tried this medicine today with no headache relief. I did get drowsy and all of the muscles in my body were completely relaxed, however I still had the migraine. Per my Neurologist recommendation, I waited 2 hours before taking Indocin. Still no luck. The only medicine that I have found to stop a migraine is Treximet, however that has to be taken at the FIRST sign of the migraine. Anything later and it is too late. I am glad Fioricet works well for some people, but all it does for me is causes drowsiness and muscle relaxation. I wish I could get migraine relief from it."

Anonymous May 13, 2010

"I was originally given Fioricet after a spinal tap caused spinal headaches. I have a history of tension type headaches with pain starting at the base of the skull and then radiates upward. This medicine is the ONLY thing that works for me. Trouble is finding a doctor that will listen and give it to me. Doctors pass out Percocet and Vicodin, but seem to hate prescribing this medicine. Frustrating."

Anonymous May 1, 2010