User Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Also known as: Aclasta, Reclast, Zometa

Learn more about Zoledronic acid.

Paget's Disease 2 reviews 14 medications

Osteolytic Bone Lesi...Multiple Myeloma 3 reviews 4 medications

5.3
Summary of Zoledronic acid reviews 55 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Hard to tell if this drug worked yet or not but it defiantly made me sick. Got the infusion Friday and on Saturday I had a 102 Fever and could barely get out of bed. I had chills, I'm sweating all over the place and my husband literally had to help me to the bathroom . I was dizzy and every bone in my body ached. By Sunday afternoon, I was a little bit better but four days later I'm still feeling achy and have diarrhea . I won't be doing another infusion."

Lucky445 November 22, 2016

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta. After getting Aredia for years and not seeing much improvement (maybe it prevented deterioration), I received Aclasta for 2 years and my bone density went from very fragile to just below average. That was 2 years ago. No side effects and no deterioration as of yet. I'm very happy to be repaired."

Avara (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2016

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Reclast is a bad drug. It made my wife terribly ill! All side effects were devastating! It should be removed from use! She is lifeless in bed. had to take her to the ER for morphine and nausea meds and calcium. This drug is dangerous and the fda should be held responsible for its end results and its allowing of doctors to use in it the USA."

Aware12345 November 5, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I have been taking Zometa for Breast Cancer with Metastasis to the bones and have been on it 8 months now and I have only had minor aches and pains... no major complications from the drug."

TKB1 October 18, 2016

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I am 41 with Crohn's disease causing my lack of vitamin absorb. I had my monthly entyvio infusion and right after my first reclast infusion just yesterday. I was just fine until about 5 hours after when I started having diarrhea. It later turned into severe watery diarrhea shooting out into my Ostomy, chills, sweating, fever, aches, and weakness. I was told it may happen but was hoping not to me. If this helps me a few days of this is worth it and I will do it again. Like on Harry Potter "growing bones is a nasty business!" Lol"

Candi Simos September 17, 2016

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Received dose at 11am, by 10pm that night I had fever,chills, severe pain in back. I was extremely ill for 3 days, such a severe headache I couldn't open my eyes. A week later my hands suddenly swelled to the point I could not use them. Now nearly 3 months later I am in physical therapy to try to regain the strength in my legs. Other side effects were less severe, such as jaw pain for a few weeks. I would never ever take this medicine again."

sunshinegirl47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Lesions of Multiple Myeloma: "This new 20 min IV just about killed me and put me in the hospital for 7 days, then rehab for 2 weeks. I had the chronic upper thigh pain which made my right leg and foot numb and I need a walker to walk now. My calves also are very painful. This IV stopped my urination and I had to go to the ER. My urthea tube was completely closed and urologist got 3 1/2 liters off my bladder. I have to now have a cathier for the rest of my life. My kidneys did turn around but were very bad in the hospital. I have stage 4 prostate cancer and was on adreia and lupron shot every 3 months.The adreia IV was 2 hrs. I handled These meds very well but my new oncologists decided to change to zometa.I was not told about all of these side effects."

Jimbo52×××× (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Had horrible side effects from zo meta Will not take this med ever again.Hospitalized for 7 days and now at rehab trying to walk again. Please research this med and read testimonals before taking, wish I had."

Jpschelandyahoo.com August 17, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Severe head pain, loss or appetite, lower back and spinal pain."

Vetman June 25, 2016

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "No side effects at all; Actually felt better afterwards.. More energy"

Tanya2.0 May 12, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have severe arthritis anyway and have a lot of pain but this was over the top. First day fine but the next 4 days I was down with bad joint pain, back pain , chills. Not sure I am going to do it again. I have already had 3 breaks and cancer so I don't know if that's an option for me."

Lorilars (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Lesions of Multiple Myeloma: "My mother was on this IV treatment for about 3yrs when she was first diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. The only side effect at the time was nausea. 3yrs later she is now experiencing Osteonecrosis of the jaw due to this treatment. I guess my view on it is the treatment is it helped at the time to prevent any more lesions but now the bone in her jaw is dying and causing lots of pain. She just had surgery on her jaw to remove the dead bone and hopefully heal."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2016

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "After having osteopenia progress to osteoporosis and not tolerating oral medications, my doctor suggested Reclast. I had my first infusion on Dec 26, 2015 and within days suffered incapacitating pain in my hands. It was so bad, I couldn't hold a toothbrush without tears due to the pain. Additionally, I started to have severe upper jaw pain. The hand pain has improved but not gone away entirely. The jaw pain has not resolved at all, making it hard to chew. I would not recommend this drug to anyone and would NEVER, NEVER use it again."

Designer Doll (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I had my first injection less than a week ago and wondering how it went for others who used it "

SeaBabe 7 December 18, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "At age 54 failed my bone density had lost 20% of my bone mass in One year. I Participated in two blind studies and increase calcium an d intake. At end of studies found I had the placebos but had some positive results but not enough. Had my first Reclast yearly infusion 2012 no side effects and regained 10% of lost bone at bone scan. Had second yearly infusion this past October again no side effects hoping for another positive scan in May."

SlvRose December 13, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 47. After completing 2 years of Forteo treatment, I had an infusion of Reclast in Oct. 2014. I didn't experience any side-effects from the drug. I walk five to seven times a week, take a monthly RX Vitamin D tablet, and ensure enough daily calcium with almond milk and supplements. My bone scan of 12/2015 show a -1.3 T Score. I'm back in the osteopenic range - and very happy."

Fatchihuahua (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: "The 45 minute infusion was a piece of cake.Take my calcium and vitamin D faithfully as you need it for the reclast to work. No side effects,no pain. "

Breezzy (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I had the Reclast done March 2015. I read the reviews and had put this off for a year but I am glad I did it because now I have more energy then I did before. I know I kept myself hydrated over a month faithfully and I experience no side effects. Awesome"

Alondra1 October 20, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Had my second infusion three days ago and had absolutely no side effects both times. Experienced dramatic 7-1/2% increase in bone density from the treatment after 8 straight dexas reflecting consistent bone loss. Could not be more pleased."

Reclast fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Rapid weight gain, even when dieting."

Ninna 38 August 28, 2015

For Osteoporosis: "I was terrified to have a zolendronic acid infusion after reading about side effects. Apart from aches and pains I was ok. Some pain was briefly very uncomfortable and it travelled all over my body finally reaching my toes... but nowhere as bad as I had imagined. Taking some time off work was necessary, and I was weak for awhile but I was back at work within 8 days and FINE ! It's too soon to say if it works but my sis had it and after 3 injections in 3 years she was no longer osteoporotic"

siamese chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Paget's Disease: "Paget's disease has plagued my family. My mother was diagnosed when she was 33. She is now 58 and reclast has destroyed her teeth and caused necrosis of her jaw."

Minetti101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I had my first Aclasta infusion in October 2014 on the recommendation of my Oncologist. I had been on Arimidex for breast cancer for 10 months. As yet I have no idea how effective it has been for my bone density. I took two days off work in preparation for any side effects - but am happy to report that i had ZERO side effects, nothing, not even a sniffle!! :)"

Emhi April 29, 2015

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have osteoporosis at age 49. I had reclast on March 5, 2015. The side effects that I have experienced have been extreme. About 4 hours after the treatment I felt a crushing sensation from shoulders to hips, difficulty breathing. Movement made it worse. Went to ER, Drs. administered by IV, Benadryl and steroid. I have experienced bone pain throughout my body, at times not able to move without pain. That has past after 2 1/2 weeks. I have extreme tingling, itching, redness in my entire body. Doctor put me on prednisone and hydroxyzine. This has not helped me. I am unable to sleep due the itching. Has anyone else had these side effects? If so then what did you do to take care of it."

Sherrywag66 April 12, 2015

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "IV Zometa yesterday woke up this morning body aches headache fever slept all day. "

robbij (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015