User Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Also known as: Aclasta, Reclast, Zometa

Learn more about Zoledronic acid.

Paget's Disease 2 reviews 14 medications

Osteoporosis 45 reviews 152 medications

5.8
Summary of Zoledronic acid reviews 68 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Had my first dose on Monday 12th June 2017. I was fine Monday night so felt quite positive​. Woke up Tuesday feeling like death! Wednesday felt better but had a painful red swollen left eye​ball. Long story short. I'm in agony with my eye and no one knows what to do! The hospital tried to say it wasn't a side effect! It's a very rare side effect but it is one! And the fact they know nothing about it or how to deal with it is disgusting and frightening! I will not be having this treatment again and will be taking this further!! They should not be giving people something if they don't know everything about it!"

Jaclash (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Do not use this drug or any bisphosphonate. The first year I used it 3 of my fingernails had lifted off their nail bed. The 2nd year I got osteonecrosis of my left lower jaw. I loss 3 teeth, cannot have implants due to poor bone quality. The 3rd year my doctor had decided not to give it to me. I still suffered side effects of this drug. I was standing in one place ironing a shirt when I heard a pop in my leg and could feel my femur moving over. That was 2 years ago and my femur is still fractured. I just had my 4th surgery and hoping this heals my fracture."

Pilialoha (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis: "My wife had an infusion of Aclasta yesterday. Last night she fainted, and has felt awful all day, dizziness, nausea, etc. She was not told to be hydrated before the treatment. She was told that the symptoms would be like flu. Needless to say she will not take this medicine again. Hopefully the symptoms will pass quickly and not return."

leichic May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Had the infusion twice. The only side effect the 1st time was a slight headache. The 2nd time, no side effects at all. I highly recommend having this. Make sure you are well hydrate the day of the procedure."

Recast user May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Had my first Reclast IV on Thursday morning. After a couple of hours started hurting all over and feeling terrible. By evening started running a fever of 100 - 101, had chills, nausea, pain all over and couldn't get out of bed until Saturday evening. Took Tylenol every 4 hours. On Sunday still did not feel a lot better but fever was getting better. Hope this gets better really soon."

Wedding flower by the road (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis: "I had a Zoledronic Acid infusion in January and did well with no side effects at the time. About a month later, I started having diarrhea, constipation, frequent urination, pain in my hand and fingers, sleeplessness, blurred vision and a constant buzzing noise in my head. I had a vision test, and my vision had drastically changed. I got new glasses, and my vision continues to deteriorate and remains blurry. I had to see a Urologist because of the frequency of urination. I saw a Orthopedic Surgeon who is going to operate on my hand. I am scheduled to see and ENT and Neurologist about the constant buzzing noise in my head. I have never been so tired or felt so bad. I do not want to have any more infusions."

Carrot Top April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I would never have a reclast infusion again. Felt OK for a couple of weeks and thought I had missed all the problems people reported from it. After that my joints all started hurting and hurt for about 6 weeks. I felt so bad I didn't feel like doing anything, just sitting in a recliner hurt. It started to get some better and then my jaw started to hurt, it even made my teeth hurt on that side. I could hardly chew. It has slowly gotten better, but still hurts some, but has taken 6 months to finally start to feel like normal.. Will not do that again...."

Homebody22 March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I have breast cancer metastisized to my bones. I had my first Zometa transfusion which lasted 30 min. & thought all went well, I am naturally a big water drinker (64 oz/ day norm) & drank more that day. However I woke up the next day feeling severely depressed, nauseous & without appetite. I made myself eat, & drank lots of water, I was barely urinating. My thirst was unquenchable & I had severe dry mouth. My temperature reached 102.4 in the afternoon & I had to go to the ER. They put me on anti-biotics right away, but I did not have any infection as it turned out, it was all side-effects! They gave me a liter of fluids & I still went home with dry mouth."

Girl Gnome February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis: "I had an aclasta infusion last Wednesday, had 3 day of aches and pains and on Saturday suffered a mild stroke and spent 2 days in hospital. There was no other reason for the stroke, (no brain bleed, no vein tears in my neck, no high cholestrol). It didn't affect my speech, but did affect my balance numbness and weakness down my left side and swaying when I walk. Severe headache and nausea. It started with a sore neck and headache in the centre of my neck and has now spread along the whole bag of my neck and starting to go up into my head. I would not recommend this to anyone."

jbea1 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis: "As a 50 year old I had gone from Osteopenic to severe Osteoporosis in 3 years using other medications. A friend who has had very good results recommended the treatment to me. I drank a lot of water before, during and after the treatment and had absolutely no side effects. I'm currently booked for my second treatment and looking forward to seeing results at my next bone density scan."

zasdf# January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Lesions of Multiple Myeloma: "I started on Zometa about 3 years ago, at first it was every three months but over the past year I have it every 4 weeks. The side effects vary almost every time, sometimes it's aching bones or muscle pain and I usually feel weary to the point that I stay in bed all day, the effects usually hit me on the second day after having the infusion and only last for one day. Today is Sunday and I had the infusion on Friday so as I write this I'm feeling pretty rotten, but come tomorrow I'll be feeling much better so it doesn't worry me at all...and it's a lot better than having my bones snapping just because I've lifted something that's too heavy."

Steve. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I had an anaphylactic reaction and a week later still have muscle pains in every muscle, chest pain, 'blocked' ears, metallic taste in my mouth, grey tongue covering, constipation and extremely painful feet, hands and chest. This drug is POISON to my system. It will be in my body for over a year. Will these symptoms eventually ease?"

Granny Maxi December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Had the infusion - 15 minutes - 4 days ago. On the day felt fine. The next day thought I was dying, chills, fever, nausea, whole body/bones/joints extremely painful.. Woke up every hour and had to drink water. Day 3 felt a lot better and managed to go to work. Day 4 I feel fine. Not sure how effective it will be, will have to have a bone scan in a years time!"

Janlynne December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Hard to tell if this drug worked yet or not but it defiantly made me sick. Got the infusion Friday and on Saturday I had a 102 Fever and could barely get out of bed. I had chills, I'm sweating all over the place and my husband literally had to help me to the bathroom . I was dizzy and every bone in my body ached. By Sunday afternoon, I was a little bit better but four days later I'm still feeling achy and have diarrhea . I won't be doing another infusion."

Lucky445 November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta. After getting Aredia for years and not seeing much improvement (maybe it prevented deterioration), I received Aclasta for 2 years and my bone density went from very fragile to just below average. That was 2 years ago. No side effects and no deterioration as of yet. I'm very happy to be repaired."

Avara (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Reclast is a bad drug. It made my wife terribly ill! All side effects were devastating! It should be removed from use! She is lifeless in bed. had to take her to the ER for morphine and nausea meds and calcium. This drug is dangerous and the fda should be held responsible for its end results and its allowing of doctors to use in it the USA."

Aware12345 November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I have been taking Zometa for Breast Cancer with Metastasis to the bones and have been on it 8 months now and I have only had minor aches and pains... no major complications from the drug."

TKB1 October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I am 41 with Crohn's disease causing my lack of vitamin absorb. I had my monthly entyvio infusion and right after my first reclast infusion just yesterday. I was just fine until about 5 hours after when I started having diarrhea. It later turned into severe watery diarrhea shooting out into my Ostomy, chills, sweating, fever, aches, and weakness. I was told it may happen but was hoping not to me. If this helps me a few days of this is worth it and I will do it again. Like on Harry Potter "growing bones is a nasty business!" Lol"

Candi Simos September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Received dose at 11am, by 10pm that night I had fever,chills, severe pain in back. I was extremely ill for 3 days, such a severe headache I couldn't open my eyes. A week later my hands suddenly swelled to the point I could not use them. Now nearly 3 months later I am in physical therapy to try to regain the strength in my legs. Other side effects were less severe, such as jaw pain for a few weeks. I would never ever take this medicine again."

sunshinegirl47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Lesions of Multiple Myeloma: "This new 20 min IV just about killed me and put me in the hospital for 7 days, then rehab for 2 weeks. I had the chronic upper thigh pain which made my right leg and foot numb and I need a walker to walk now. My calves also are very painful. This IV stopped my urination and I had to go to the ER. My urthea tube was completely closed and urologist got 3 1/2 liters off my bladder. I have to now have a cathier for the rest of my life. My kidneys did turn around but were very bad in the hospital. I have stage 4 prostate cancer and was on adreia and lupron shot every 3 months.The adreia IV was 2 hrs. I handled These meds very well but my new oncologists decided to change to zometa.I was not told about all of these side effects."

Jimbo52×××× (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Had horrible side effects from zo meta Will not take this med ever again.Hospitalized for 7 days and now at rehab trying to walk again. Please research this med and read testimonals before taking, wish I had."

Jpschelandyahoo.com August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Severe head pain, loss or appetite, lower back and spinal pain."

Vetman June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "No side effects at all; Actually felt better afterwards.. More energy"

Tanya2.0 May 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have severe arthritis anyway and have a lot of pain but this was over the top. First day fine but the next 4 days I was down with bad joint pain, back pain , chills. Not sure I am going to do it again. I have already had 3 breaks and cancer so I don't know if that's an option for me."

Lorilars (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Lesions of Multiple Myeloma: "My mother was on this IV treatment for about 3yrs when she was first diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. The only side effect at the time was nausea. 3yrs later she is now experiencing Osteonecrosis of the jaw due to this treatment. I guess my view on it is the treatment is it helped at the time to prevent any more lesions but now the bone in her jaw is dying and causing lots of pain. She just had surgery on her jaw to remove the dead bone and hopefully heal."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2016