User Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Osteoporosis
5.1

Summary of Zoledronic acid reviews 5.4 116 reviews

Reviews for Zoledronic acid

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Hypercalcemia of Malignancy: "I had Brest cancer 2017 and chemotherapy and radiotherapy in 2018. I am now on zoledronic acid every 6 months for 3years. I've had 3 now. The thing is the right side of my tummy is swollen from just above my belly button and over to my right side. I've had a CT scan and everything is fine. Bloods are fine. It swelled up after my 2nd one and no one knows why."

Blue eyed June 15, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "For four weeks I had little to no appetite, and periods of tiredness. For the first 3 weeks I also was in a stupor, tired and weak every day, with nausea daily. Along with these symptoms for the first 2 weeks I had on and off fever, chills, headache no energy, seats at night. I felt like I was drugged and was weak and unstable and sick. W would never, never take Zometa again and I do NOT recommend it. "

jake (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I choose Reclast over Prolia because of the cost savings. The infusion was given at 9 am and 7pm on that night I was experiencing severe bone pain, fever, sweats and blurred vision. The pain was so great that all’s I could do is moan and cry. This lasted for two days and then the pain lessened. By early morning of day 3 I began to have chest pain. The pain came and went every few minutes for 15 hours. And when I called to ask for pain medication his response was, “I’m not actively treating you for cancer, go to your primary care doctor”. My oncologist prescribed me this poison and he didn’t want to help me. When the chest pain started I begged to come into his office just to check me out, I felt like I was going to die and their response was we can’t do anything for you, go to the ER. Absolutely no empathy for his patient and clearly did not care of my well being physically or mentally. I will never take this drug again! Beware of taking Reclast"

Marie May 25, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Severe dizziness and muscle pain after 8 hours of having Reclast infusion. I could barely walk to my car after shopping at Costco. When I got home, I threw up, my hands shaking from holding my body up from throwing up. My ankles had severe shooting pains, ribs were also hurting. I would never have this done again!!! My identical twin sister opted not having it done. Her bone density is slightly better than mine. She exercises and does resistance training three days a week. She lifts weights and feels great. I on the other hand sit and watch tv, read books, and play on my iPhone, but can’t do any of these things because of the severe pain. I think I am going to start and do strength training to increase bone density like my identical sister before I ever use this drug again! It is poison!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2019

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Had an infusion of Aclasta 10 days ago. Had been diagnosed with compression fracture of spine a week prior. I wasn't really advised of adverse reactions and only told I would benefit due to very low bone score. Had hyperparathyroidism which caused the osteoporosis. After Aclast I had side effects of severe dizzy spell on day 2 and could not stand up lasted two days. I also had nausea and mild headache. After one week severe pain in both wrists could not hold anything lasted 3 days. I have pain in my jaw and eyelids. It is mild but constant. Hope all will come right shortly. I feel tired and slightly achy every day. Hope benefits out way side effects."

Petal (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2019

For Osteoporosis: "I had zolendronic infusion March 19 and oh my days I felt awful for three days.....chills shaking sickness, lethargic and then a month later started having problems with my tongue being dry patchy and sore, then problems started with my teeth. I wish to god I had never had zoledronic , one thing is for sure I will not be attending the next Appointment in March 2020"

Jinneyann May 14, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Reclast made me feel 10 years younger. I have more energy and no more aches and pains. I feel great! I would like to have it every year."

Peanut (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I had the Reclast infusion on April 4th and 12 hours later I had severe chills (shaking so bad I couldn't close my mouth to take my temp), fever. Lasted for 6 hours. Then I was sick to my stomach for the next day with severe pain in legs (hard to get up from a chair) and my hands (hurt to write). Then I started with "cold" sinus/bronchial infection which sent me to urgent care for inhaler and cough medicine. Back to Doctor after 5 days for antibiotics and I'm still sick one month later. Now jaw pain on left side and my teeth hurt. I will NEVER take reclast EVER again. I hope you won't either!!!"

Suz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Horrible experience. First infusion and after this terrible pain I'm not sure I would do this again. Extreme joint and muscle pain. This is my third day after treatment and the pain just moves from one place to another. I doubt that I would do this again. I want my life back."

Nick (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I have been given this drug during and after chemo. I can not find anywhere in literature of how long it stays in the jaw bones after you stop take this drug. 7 yrs later I still find that tho I am cancer free, it ruined my teeth. Some Doctors say it lasts the rest of your life. There has got to be a half life, but no one answers the question. (half life = 146 hours, time for clearance = over 30 days)"

t (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2019

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "My 85 year old mother has been having this infusion every year for the last 4 years. The first time she had it she was quite sick afterwards with body aches and fatigue. And wishing she never had it. The Doctor said next time ask for it to be slowly administered And it did make a huge difference with no side effects. And now she makes sure it gets administered slowly. Not everyone seems to know about this."

Sarah (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I took zometa for two years until I noticed a hole in my mouth where my jawbone was poking through. Now it’s been a year and the hole has tripled in size and is starting to get more painful. This drug is horrible."

Catdog (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2019

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Zoledronic acid and OSTEONECROSIS OF THE JAW! I have been living with a hole in the back of my jaw where my jaw bone is exposed for almost a year now. I’m not sure how much of my bone is dead, but the hole keeps getting bigger and feels awful. When you get ONJ there is no one that can help. Mostly you just wait and see how much of your jaw is going to fall off. Most oral surgeons don’t want to touch it because they could make it worse."

Lilc (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2019

Aclasta (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "My husband was administered Aclasta on 18 Feb 2019. He started feeling feverish, vomiting, shivering, and severe weakness the next day. He could not even walk. After nine days, he is still feeling very weak and not able to do any work. He was healthy before the infusion. We don't know what to do. We are helpless. Seeing my husband's condition, would not recommend Aclasta to anybody. Can someone help?"

Mish (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "Scared to death to take this drug after reading all the reviews about the side effects. I had my first infusion 5 days ago and had no side effects. I feel great!"

BB (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I received a Reclast infusion 1/10/2019. Within 6 hours post infusion started to have elbow pain and within 12 hours post infusion pretty deep bone pain in sternum along with flu symptoms. Fevers spiked to 102 at times for over 48 hours. All joints were painful. Day 3 and 4 post infusion severe pain in ankles and feet - unable to get out of bed independently but once I was moving around, things got easier. While the side effects may sound bad (and they were at times) if this increases bone density then I have no problem sacrificing a week or two of side effects."

StellaShops (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "I hate this drug. I had perfect oral hygiene. NO cavities, ever, even still have a baby tooth. Always told by dentists how great my teeth were. Two years after zometa, I spontaneously end up with a hole in my mouth near my back molar where my jaw bone is visible. Osteonecrosis of the jaw. No treatment...just wait for it to do whatever its going to do...maybe a small piece of dead bone will come out, maybe my whole jaw will die, i just sit and wait to see. It’s getting bigger and feels awful. Then, my horrible oncologist refused to believe it and made me see other dentists, periodontist, and oral surgeons...and everyone confirmed ONJ. Thankfully he quit, but I doubt he filled out the FDA paperwork that was sent to him, so my side effect incident probably didn't get reported."

Spike (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2019

For Paget's Disease: "First dose of Reclast for Paget’s 8 years ago, second treatment 7 years ago. No side effects, no pain and ALP still normal."

AuntyS (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2019

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "I had Reclast infusion 4 weeks ago. Felt fine for the first week and then got lower back, hip, groin and thigh pain. Pain is getting worse by the day. I was told by 3 Doctors that I needed Reclast because I have 50% bone loss due to Chemo and Radiation. When I questioned side effects all Doctors told me it rare. I took a chance and I am miserable."

lynn (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2018

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Zometa IV @ 28 days for 6 months so far, no side effects; treated for stage 4 prostate cancer that had metastasized to bones (spine & ribs) and some lymph glands. No pain to date, and no sig effect on energy levels. I take high doses B12, Folate, regular multivitamins, 1000 mg calcium and 1000 units D3 daily, balanced diet. I think it paid off well so far."

texan73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: "1st infusion of Reclast has left me feeling fatigued with terrible pain and swelling in hands, especially thumb joints that is not improving after nearly two weeks along with overall body aches and pains, headache and difficulty sleeping . I would never consider taking this drug again!"

NoReclast! (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Osteoporosis: "I had my 5th injection on July 6/18. July 7th I got no sleep, pain was shooting throughout my body, calves of legs hurt a lot, my thighs and groins were in extreme pain, my hands/fingers/wrists hurt, hip pain came, arthritis flared up especially in my knees and hands. For the next two weeks I got little relief, use of Tylenol was somewhat helpful. I was told the side effects would subside in a few days, or weeks. Now, 4.5 months later I still have arthritic pains, my thighs are painful, my left knee still hurts a lot, I still have pains shooting through various parts of my body at times. Nobody can explain to me how the medication has caused so many problems with my joints, muscles, headaches, arthritis flare-ups, and nobody has explained when (or if) I can expect relief. I am tired, very tired, my lower back hurts, my teeth are still sensitive at times, my sinus frequently is stuffed. I want my LIFE back."

Daunting (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2018

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "My first two infusions went ok. My dexa did not really change. Then I had my third infusion and everything but my bone density changed. I now have an irregular EKG and heart flutters and high blood pressure that came out of nowhere. I have felt totally unwell, dizzy and unsteady at times. I feel that I have been poisoned. Shame on me for believing big pharma could help. Just take your calcium citrate and vitamin D thats all you really need for your bone health. Reclast is just another poison to ruin your health."

Breezzy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2018

Reclast (zoledronic acid) for Osteoporosis: "74 years old, has back pain, tests identified 2 compression spine fxs. Conservative treatment failed to give relief, had 2 ESIs (epidural steroid injection), then 2 level kyphloplasty ( Vertebral Augmentation for Compression Fractures), next Reclast infusion, felt okay for about 5 hours but later, back pain intensified, went to bed started shaking like chills all over, finally fell asleep, next morning so weak unable to get out of bed, husband rolled me on rolling walker into the bathroom, assisted me on and off commode, stayed the same next day, on monday a little stronger but severe neck and right thumb pain, mostly laying and sleeping in recliner, checked with doctor and no specific recommendations. Next day able to go out to lunch but extremely weak, had another ESI 6 days after Reclast, got relief for that day and next, but pain returned with vengeance the following day and back in recliner now 9 days post infusion. Never again."

grammy (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Maybe it helped me, since I had cancer all throughout my spine...but after 2 years, I spontaneously developed Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ) because of this drug. So, I haven’t broken my spine, but now I have a awful hole in my mouth where I can see my jaw bone, and I have to worry about my jaw bone dying off. Keep working on a better drug guys! This one sucks."

Ace (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2018