User Reviews for Ibandronate

Osteoporosis 3.6
Prevention of Osteoporosis 3.3

Reviews for Ibandronate

ChihuahuaMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “Started Boniva 150mg monthly after having a DEXA with t-score of -3.5 The first month I had some slight side effects sleepiness, aches and diarrhea on the second and third day, after that I felt okay, except maybe some shortness of breath but nothing too alarming. I did notice one positive though, my back pain that I would get while lying flat, had gone away. So, I decided to keep taking it. When I took the second dose, I had side effects starting again about the second day. I had slight chest pain on and off. About the second week we went out shopping and I wanted to go home, because of a terrible cramping in my right ankle. What made me call the doctor and tell her I’m not going to continue boniva was the constant light headache and lightheaded feeling I had everyday. Constantly. I started feeling like myself again a few days before the 3rd dose was supposed to be. I really wish there wasn’t all these side effects and worries with it. Im going to try something else on my own.”

Margie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “Took first month's dose on Boniva without any issues but this morning took 2nd dose. Set the timer and waited the hour before drinking another 30 minutes before eating. About 3-4 hours later, left work for vomiting and dizziness. Barely made it home and became very sick. Had taken a multi vitamin after breakfast and well after the alotted wait time for Boniva. Reading about side effects says "vomiting" is due to an overdose. Haven't heard back from physician (probably won't) but will be reconsidering taking the 3rd dose. Prior to Boniva, I took Prolia injection without any major side effects but was extremely expensive even with insurance so changed to Boniva. But now Boniva scares me and certainly has some serious side effects.”

Yoga Lover · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I started Boniva once a month dosage five months ago for osteopenia and early osteoporosis. Every month it seems I feel a little worse. I'm experiencing daily heartburn, reflux, nausea, leg cramps, and headaches (which I rarely have). I usually have a lot of energy and I'm not a napper. But over the last few months I find my self falling asleep watching TV and feeling tired after a full night's sleep. I was beginning to think there might be something serious going on, but since reading the other posts, I'm inclined to think it may be the Boniva causing the problem. I asked my pharmacist and he said whatever side effects I'm experiencing should wear off 2-3 days after my monthly dosage...no so. I'm not loosing weight and have an appetite. Do I just put up with the side effects and hope for the best?”

webs · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 13, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I took Boniva generic for 3 years with no side effects. My bone density improved so was able to get off for several years. Have been on it again for 2 years, again with no side effects. Bone density did not improve this time so MD is switching to shots of Prolia for me.”

hurting February 8, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “have taken alendronate on and off for 5 yrs. Had stomach upset. So I started taking ibandronate. No stomach upset. But one year later, flu like symptoms and worst all over muscle and joint pains, I have ever experienced. I can barely get out of bed and have to take 1000 mg of tylenol to help ease some of the pain. I went from dancing and exercizing and having great life to severe pain all day. I did not realize this as a side effect. I told my doctor I though it was infection or hemachromatosis or related to flu I had.. Blood tests being done. But now am sure its Ibandronate, which is generic Boniva. I am praying my pain goes away so I can live pain free again.”

sirmac · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: “I took my 1st dose of Boniva on a Sunday in case I had any side effects I would be home. On Wednesday morning (2:00am) I woke up with severe heartburn which felt like a heart attack. The pressure was on my chest was real. I took an alkaline seltzer but didn't help. At 5:00am I started vomiting, had a fever 101 degrees, stomach pain, back pain, and severe headache. Tried drinking flat coco cola for the stomach which was better but the achiness was horrible. My pharmacy gave me a sheet with side effects but didn’t state it would happen 3 days later. Glad I don’t work and didn’t have plans that week. I will never take it again. I will double up on my natural remedy first. Horrible medicine. Shouldn’t even be allowed on the market! Only my opinion of the drug. Good Luck to others that use this.”

Blondie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “This is the worse pill I ever took. I followed directions and after taking the pill for awhile, I would wake up in the middle of the night and start vomiting. At first I thought I was getting a cold. Got up in the morning and felt fine until I started to eat. I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to see my doctor and it turns out it was Boniva that was causing it and the reason my food wasn’t going down was cause thickening of the throat. I had to get my throat stretched 5 times and now have acid reflux. I have to take 3 anti acid pills a day now. Shame they produce such dangerous meds”

Anka · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I have been on Boniva for 2 months. After taking my second monthly dose I have developed severe stomach upset, bloating, pain at the sternum and moderate joint/bone pain all over. I feel as I have flu for 7 days now. I am so surprised I did not receive warnings from my MD. Reading these reviews is an eye-opener. I will not take Boniva.”

Upset · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 16, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I have been on Boniva since 2016 with calcium supplements. Had my 3rd bone density in November 2019, bone decreased more. Had a spine fracture last summer no apparent reason why. No falls. Now Dr wants me on once a day injections that still no guarantee it will work.”

Mag · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “On the second day of taking this medicine ibandronate I have never felt so tired in all my life. I read a few of the side effects but nothing was written how bad it could get. My ribs in my upper back felt like I had been punched over and over. 19 days later I still can’t function as I normally did . Just from sheer exhaustion. My throat feels weird and I sound like I’ve been screaming for days . Everyone thought how weird, like not believing one pill could do this. Well, believe me it can and did. ”

Juls · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “The side effect of severe back pain started four days after taking the Boniva. I’m on day five and can’t get out of bed this morning. Pain medicine and a heating pad are the only things that provide some relief, but it’s worse today than yesterday. I don’t know what to do.”

Lc · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 5, 2020

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “Took Boniva for 5+ years. Had flu-like symptoms, joint and bone pain and my teeth would feel loose. Did not associate it with the Boniva. I then developed thigh pain and wound up with two fractured femurs requiring surgery. The orthopedic surgeon confirmed it was due to Boniva. Bone density tests measure quantity not quality of bone so are not accurate. This drug is poison and I do not understand why it is still on the market.”

Kelsey · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I’ve been taking this medication for six months. The first five months I didn’t feel right but I never thought it was from the medication. I never read the reviews, first mistake. So after the first month when I felt nauseous and a little out of sorts I never connected it with the medication so I continue taking it until January 1, 2020. I took it and suddenly I have a headache that I wanted to just rip my head off my shoulders but again I never connected it to the meds, until suddenly I had a toothache like I’ve never had before I couldn’t even close my mouth I was in so much pain my jaw was hurting up to my ear leading to my eye, my mouth, my neck ...everything hurt me. That’s when I realized it happened right after I took the medication and that’s when I read these reviews. That medication will be thrown out I am never taking it again.”

DeBe · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2019

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “Took the first ibandronate on Mon. Had no problems all day, but woke up that night with horrible stomach pains and nausea. It was so bad. Then on Tue I threw up. Pain and nausea have continued now for 3 days. Today I developed really bad diarrhea, and I have terribIe gas from the top of my stomach to the other end. I feel awful all over, and my back hurts mildly. Won't be taking pill two for sure next month, and I can only hope it doesn't last much longer.”

Connie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 2, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “Side effects I had from Boniva are horrible arm, upper thigh, pelvis pain. I had to take pain meds and stopped taking the boniva now. I have to orthopaedic doctor - horrible experience.”

Julire · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 28, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “Don't know why I didn't see reviews earlier. Been on BONIVIA for about 2 years now. I also experience skeletal pain for a few days after I take the tablet. What I have never considered up until now is that my hip pain could be as a result of taking BONIVIA, but reading these reviews it is possible.”

Ladyd · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I too have just been prescribed this but have not taken it yet. After reading pages and pages of this poison, will not take it. I am leaving for UK in a couple of days and do not want to spoil the occasion by being sick and the possibility of being in hospital. Will take my chances and try more natural things. So sorry to hear about side effects to all of you. My doctor won't be too pleased when I tell her but tough, I'm not going through any more discomfort.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 19, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “My side effects from Boniva caused me pain, money, and aggravation. Two days into the first month, I had severe face, ear, and neck pain. This lasted for 5 days! The second month, I experienced the same face, ear, and neck pain, accompanied by toothache on both sides of by upper and lower back teeth. I awoke two nights grinding my teeth to the point that one tooth broke off. I did not take Boniva for the 3rd month; however, several days into the month, I noticed that one of my back teeth that I had experienced pain during the two months of Boniva treatment, had loosened and raised from the gum. When I finally got a dentist appointment, I had to have one tooth extracted and am due for a 2nds extraction. I will never take Boniva again. This drug cost me $800 dental work! forgot to say that all of my bones ached as if I had the flu. I was stiff and I felt fatigued. The fatigue lasted for 1 week.”

Wendell · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I took this medication Boniva as prescribed, beginning the dosage 5 days ago. As of the 2nd day, I felt as if my entire body had been poisoned. I was incredibly weak, dizzy, and hurt almost everywhere in my system. Apparently this is a combination of some of the side effects of the medication, but it was on a far larger scale than I could have expected. 5 days out, I am still mostly bearing all the same affects. My understanding is that this will take 13 days to level out, and perhaps the symptoms will be reduced. I will never take another one of this medication. My bones hurt throughout my entire body. I am not in any sense willing to progress beyond the 1st dose, it has been such a devastation for me.”

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I took one boniva pill and suffered severe joint pain. At first I could hardly walk but as time passed, the pain has settled into my right knee which hurts most of the time. I took the drug 22 days ago and the pain is still there. I do not know how long it will last.”

Piper · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: “Im 39 years old and been on calcium supplements for 2 yrs. I took my 1st boniva 4 days ago. Was ok for 8 hrs then the muscle pain began, then neck pain on the 2nd day, then pain in my ribcage on the 3rd day. Have been feeling this for for 4 days now. I couldn't believe this was the side effect of what I took. I'm hesitant to continue with this drug.”

Jacque September 27, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “Just completed my third monthly dose with no side effects until now, one week after my third week after my third dose...developed quite severe pain in my lower legs. Will no longer take it. BEWARE.”

Feli September 20, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I had some of these side effects with Fosamax so the doctor switched me to Bonivia. After reading all these comments I won't even try it. I am too sensitive to meds.”

red · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “I have taken one dose of this medicine and have felt awful. The first 2 days were ok and then I started having stomach pains, nausea, aching all over. I'm on day 6 from taking it and still don't fee better. As someone else wrote, I feel poisoned. I hope this goes away soon. Do not plan to take another dose.”

Iverjack · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

Boniva (ibandronate) for Osteoporosis: “If you are considering this drug be advised: I took my first and last Boniva oral tablet on 8/20/19. Today is 8/24 and it is my first day without a severe headache, chills and fever between 100.5 and 101.2. I had stomach cramps with any food or drink. I felt like I had been poisoned. The drug insert tells you about "flu-like symptoms" however it fails to tell you that you may run a fever for four days. My body's reaction said it all. Not worth the risk! I plan on taking the nutritional route.”