User Reviews for Raloxifene

Also known as: Evista

Raloxifene has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 27% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Osteoporosis
8.5
Summary of Raloxifene reviews 5.2 15 reviews

Reviews for Raloxifene

ProudMari September 2, 2011

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately.”

shibumi0202 December 16, 2010

Evista (raloxifene) for Breast Cancer, Prevention: “Had hot flashes for the first few months about an hour after I took it, I take it at night with my other medications. I found that I can not drink alcohol. I become very nauseated and throw up. Otherwise I have taken it for almost 3 years without any real problem.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 28, 2019

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “I have been taking Evista for 14 months for osteopenia. After 12 months on the drug I took a new bone density that showed a mild improvement of 1.8 percent. However, when my doctor took another density test farther up my spine away from lumbar region the results were not good. He believes the bone density reading to be false. He wants me to change to Prolia .. but because of the toxicity and hair loss.. I’m too afraid with my compromised immune system and CFID’s disease.”

Suzanna46 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2016

Evista (raloxifene) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: “After taking Evista 60 mg. for 5 years for treatment of osteopenia, my recent bone density test, the -04.2 which is osteoporosis. Even though my insurance would not cover it, esp. now that I am on Blue Cross Blue Shield/Anthem prescription plan,. Evista is on the 5th tier so they do not cover it. I took it in good faith, believing it would strengthen my bones, now osteoporosis. I am 69 years old and was shocked after my Dr. told me. Now, they want me to see an rheumotologist to discuss taking Prolia. (I know nothing about this medication.) How can I trust this will be a good prescription when Evista made the bone loss worse.”

Monkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2021

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “Took Evista for slightly more than 1 year. Tolerated it well with no side effects. Developed a vaginal polyp while on this med. Was taking this medication for osteoporosis, however... there was NO improvement in my bone density at all. Nothing. For those of you at cancer risk taking this drug, beware! Look it up on the internet and you'll find an article stating: "A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene) by claiming that it has been demonstrated to reduce the risk of breast cancer, and has ordered the company to stop making any further promotional claims of that nature. "”

Snorky · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Patient beware. The promises that this drug will improve osteoporosis and prevent fractures are false. Raloxifene did nothing for my osteoporosis. Others say the same. Read the reviews. Many have had no improvement at all, and many have had bone loss while on this drug. I was extremely careful to get enough calcium, vitamin D and K, etc.”

Dixie · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 31, 2021

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “I took Evista for years only to find out it had not helped at all. My osteoporosis was very bad. Took 2 injections of Reclast. Six months ago, my doctor told me that if I fell, I could easily break my back. He has me on Fosomax now.”

ounceofprevention · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2017

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “I had been taking Evista for osteopenia for about 10 years and then switched to the generic form, Raloxifene. I have been using Raloxifene for 2 years and have experienced no adverse side effects. However, my doctor feels that the risk of stroke and blood clots associated with this drug are significant enough that she wants to switch me to a different medication, such as Boniva. Several of the reviews written about Boniva and its generic form show that the most common side effects are flu-like symptoms and severe muscle pain. I'm hesitant to try a new medication that has such discouraging side effects.”

Pinkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 21, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Doctors will tell you that there's a "side advantage of breast cancer protection" while using Evista. This is FALSE information. Search the internet for: Evista False Claims. You'll find that the manufacturer of Evista was ordered to stop these false claims. A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene)... Lilly's sales representatives had falsely told doctors that Evista could prevent breast cancer." Sad but true!”

tresa · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 15, 2018

For Osteoporosis: “I was on Evista for 2 years a few years ago and had improvement of my dexiscan. After being off it for several years, I began it again for osteoporosis and have been back on it for 1 1/2 yrs. My side affects have been hot flashes and some muscle cramps mainly at night. I have not had a dexiscan since I started again.”

Radgrl February 15, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Prevention: “Been on this for 3 years due to unfavorable pathology report leaning towards breast cancer. Hot flashes are my biggest complaint, mornings, days and nights. Does not matter what time I take my doses..... unfortunately this does not prevent breast cancer only prevents the particular cell type found from reproducing. Time to discontinue ... 3 years of severe hot flashes- yikes!”

endometrial · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2021

Evista (raloxifene) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: “I was prescribed Evista, after taking Hormones caused a cyst on one ovary, which was surgically removed. After taking Evista for 17 years, I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer, and had a complete hysterectomy. I think the Evista caused the Endometrial Cancer. However, my bone scans have been good - no osteoporosis.”

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 1, 2020

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “I was on Evista for several years in the 80's and 90's. After several years, my bone density was normal. I went off the Evista and all bone density tests have been normal since.”

thetruthhurts · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 27, 2013

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides.”

Painiac · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: “Totally eliminated all menopause symptoms in 24 hours. I had to change bedding at least once a day. I was a mess. This eliminated the chills,msweats and brain fog. It was my magic bullet.”