User Reviews for Raloxifene

Also known as: Evista

Learn more about Raloxifene.

Breast Cancer, Prevention 1 reviews 1 medications

8.3
Osteoporosis 2 reviews 151 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 1 reviews 63 medications

Summary of Raloxifene reviews 4 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Raloxifene

Evista (raloxifene) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: "After taking Evista 60 mg. for 5 years for treatment of osteopenia, my recent bone density test, the -04.2 which is osteoporosis. Even though my insurance would not cover it, esp. now that I am on Blue Cross Blue Shield/Anthem prescription plan,. Evista is on the 5th tier so they do not cover it. I took it in good faith, believing it would strengthen my bones, now osteoporosis. I am 69 years old and was shocked after my Dr. told me. Now, they want me to see an rheumotologist to discuss taking Prolia. (I know nothing about this medication.) How can I trust this will be a good prescription when Evista made the bone loss worse."

Suzanna46 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2016

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: "Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides."

thetruthhurts (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2013

Evista (raloxifene) for Osteoporosis: "Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately."

ProudMari September 2, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Evista (raloxifene) for Breast Cancer, Prevention: "Had hot flashes for the first few months about an hour after I took it, I take it at night with my other medications. I found that I can not drink alcohol. I become very nauseated and throw up. Otherwise I have taken it for almost 3 years without any real problem."

shibumi0202 December 16, 2010

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate