User Reviews for Raloxifene to treat Osteoporosis

Also known as: Evista

Raloxifene has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Osteoporosis. 30% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Raloxifene Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.

Reviews for Raloxifene

ProudMari September 2, 2011

Evista (raloxifene): “Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 28, 2019

Evista (raloxifene): “I have been taking Evista for 14 months for osteopenia. After 12 months on the drug I took a new bone density that showed a mild improvement of 1.8 percent. However, when my doctor took another density test farther up my spine away from lumbar region the results were not good. He believes the bone density reading to be false. He wants me to change to Prolia .. but because of the toxicity and hair loss.. I’m too afraid with my compromised immune system and CFID’s disease.”

Monkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2021

Evista (raloxifene): “Took Evista for slightly more than 1 year. Tolerated it well with no side effects. Developed a vaginal polyp while on this med. Was taking this medication for osteoporosis, however... there was NO improvement in my bone density at all. Nothing. For those of you at cancer risk taking this drug, beware! Look it up on the internet and you'll find an article stating: "A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene) by claiming that it has been demonstrated to reduce the risk of breast cancer, and has ordered the company to stop making any further promotional claims of that nature. "”

Snorky · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2021

“Patient beware. The promises that this drug will improve osteoporosis and prevent fractures are false. Raloxifene did nothing for my osteoporosis. Others say the same. Read the reviews. Many have had no improvement at all, and many have had bone loss while on this drug. I was extremely careful to get enough calcium, vitamin D and K, etc.”

Dixie · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 31, 2021

Evista (raloxifene): “I took Evista for years only to find out it had not helped at all. My osteoporosis was very bad. Took 2 injections of Reclast. Six months ago, my doctor told me that if I fell, I could easily break my back. He has me on Fosomax now.”

Pinkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 21, 2021

“Doctors will tell you that there's a "side advantage of breast cancer protection" while using Evista. This is FALSE information. Search the internet for: Evista False Claims. You'll find that the manufacturer of Evista was ordered to stop these false claims. A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene)... Lilly's sales representatives had falsely told doctors that Evista could prevent breast cancer." Sad but true!”

tresa · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 15, 2018

“I was on Evista for 2 years a few years ago and had improvement of my dexiscan. After being off it for several years, I began it again for osteoporosis and have been back on it for 1 1/2 yrs. My side affects have been hot flashes and some muscle cramps mainly at night. I have not had a dexiscan since I started again.”

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 1, 2020

Evista (raloxifene): “I was on Evista for several years in the 80's and 90's. After several years, my bone density was normal. I went off the Evista and all bone density tests have been normal since.”

thetruthhurts · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 27, 2013

Evista (raloxifene): “Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides.”

Painiac · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

Evista (raloxifene): “Totally eliminated all menopause symptoms in 24 hours. I had to change bedding at least once a day. I was a mess. This eliminated the chills,msweats and brain fog. It was my magic bullet.”

Learn more about Osteoporosis