User Reviews for Aromasin

Breast Cancer 4.9

Reviews for Aromasin

Sally · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 7, 2019

For Breast Cancer: “I was on Arimidex for 6 months and started having neuropathy in hands and feet. Doc changed me to Aromasin and I still have the neuropathy which has altered my quality of life. Had no side effects from Tamoxifen other than weight gain and hot flashes. The Aromasin has also caused overall weakness and balance issues. I have been off of it for 2 weeks and still have the neuropathy and weakness. I am waiting to make sure it is from the Aromasin and then deciding what to do. I am quite certain I will not go back on the medication.”

LT · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2018

For Breast Cancer: “I was actually a participant in the clinical trial for Aromasin in 2006. At that time I had Stage 2 Breast Cancer. I had a lumpectomy, radiation, and this drug. I took it for 4 years...I was miserable. The worst side effect was the pain in my joints, particularly my feet. I couldn’t walk around the block. I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer in September. I have had radiation and am back on the dreaded Exemestane. In addition to some of the other side effects, I have very bad pain in my hip (when I sit). I also have numbness on the same side, along my waist. Has anyone else experienced this? I don’t want to quit but this is pretty miserable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2017

For Breast Cancer: “Breast cancer I --- began & continued Aromasin for 4 years plus-shrunk tumor to be non-detectable on mammogram or high resolution scan!! Aromosin brand no longer covered by my insurance--mandating use of generic instead. Can only pray that the generic will work as well as brand and with the zero side effects (except for hair thinning) that brand Aromasin provided! A true MIRACLE drug!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2016

For Breast Cancer: “Have taken three different drugs of the same nature and purpose. This has the mildest side effects. Nausea, sweats, insomnia, headache, joint pain, increased appetite, lethargy, dizziness are some of the side effects I am experiencing.”

Golden oldie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2015

For Breast Cancer: “i have been on aromasin for about 70 days just had a short holiday came back hardly able to walk joints were aching from first taking it but thought this might be because I'm not getting any younger but now I wonder also my sleep patterns have altered I wake quite early and am a lot more tired also at times I seem quite breathless although I'm asthmatic it has always been well controlled will see my doctor to see what he suggests this was my last resort for drugs as most of the others I have tried with side effects.”

JeannetteMarie February 12, 2015

For Breast Cancer: “Had a lumpectomy for Stage I Advanced Breast Cancer followed by radiotherapy. Then was put on each of the aromatase inhibitors, letrozole and the other one. Basically I was unable to continue either after 10 days due to increasingly debilitating dizziness, nausea, crying, etc. Then put on tamoxifen, and I developed lymphodoema. So tamoxifen was discontinued but still have moderate lymphodoema. Then put on aromasin. Initially able to tolerate it but increasing light-headedness (four minor car accidents) and debilitating joint pain (everywhere), poor sleep somewhat countered with Lyrica. I had already been diagnosed with widespread arthritis in the joints and the pain with aromasin has been intolerable so discontinued, against medical advice.”

roll tide · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2013

For Breast Cancer: “Quit anastrozole after 4 months, was making me so tired, could hardly get out of bed, falling asleep at the wheel. Have been on Aromasin for 4 months and my hair is falling out quite a lot. ”

finished drug · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2013

For Breast Cancer: “I just came off Aromasin, on tamoxifen for 2 years, then Aromasin for 5 years. I am having cold chills and then hot flashes, now. While on it I had all the side effects, sore bones, hot flashes, gained weight, etc. ”

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Breast Cancer: “I took two years of Tamoxifen, without much side effects that I cannot manage. I took Femara for one year and could not even turn my head and had joint pains to the point I could not turn my head when I was driving. Now I just got off exemestane after 6 months as I cannot sleep even with sleeping pills. I am five years out from chemo and doctor still wants me to take the pills for another year and four months. ”

Makalika January 12, 2011

For Breast Cancer: “I have been taking Aromasin for 3 months now and still wake up every night in pain on my hand, tingling and burning along with joint pain. ”

thomp1 November 16, 2009

For Breast Cancer: “I have just been on Aromasin just 9 days and so far have no side effects. I tried Femara and after 14 days went off it because of joint pain and fatigue. On Femara it was so bad that I couldn't climb my staircase without crying. So far Aromasin is a miracle drug for me if it stops estrogen in its tracks!”

daisy136 October 29, 2009

For Breast Cancer: “I have been on Aromasin for 2 years now. Prior I took tamoxifen. Sure, there are side effects, (pain in my leg, painful joints, and hot flashes) but I had stage 3 ca and am still alive 4.5 years.”

Anonymous July 7, 2009

For Breast Cancer: “After surgery I was pronounced cancer free but still put in Aromasin. I found the side effects difficult especially insomnia. My schedule is busy and this plus muscle/joint pain is hard. I went off for several months during a vacation and felt far better. I returned to taking it and almost immediately the side effects returned. I have very mixed feelings about continuing. My health insurance covers it so thankfully expense is not an issue. I will probably continue as statistically the drug has proved valuable.”

zpix February 2, 2009

For Breast Cancer: “Aromasin is a walk in the park after using the other aromatase inhibitors.”

wa7yvw May 19, 2008

For Breast Cancer: “This medicine I have been taking for 7 months, it is easy to take being such a small pill however the side effects are still there, leg cramps and hot flashes, better than the tamoxifen I was taking for 2 and half years. Overall I think it is a lot better.”