User Reviews for Xeloda

Xeloda has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 21 ratings on Drugs.com. 62% of those users who reviewed Xeloda reported a positive effect, while 24% reported a negative effect.

Breast Cancer, Metastatic
8.3
Summary of Xeloda reviews 7.0 21 reviews

Reviews for Xeloda

Anonymous February 27, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “This stuff doesn't work, found lesion on liver. Made my daughter sooo weak . Don't take it!!!”

MeMaw · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2020

For Colorectal Cancer: “I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer in January 2020. I under went 6 weeks of Xeloda along with 6 weeks targeted radiation. The combination shrunk my tumour 1.5 inches which was considered a great success for when I had surgery in July of 2020. I had a bit of nausea and was very exhausted. Some tingling in my thumb and fingers. Also had some diarrhea occasionally. My hair has never been healthier .... zero hair loss. At one point I had some mouth tenderness but never open sores. I have recently just finished 4 months of follow up chemo (xeloda)and currently recovering from side effects such as extreme fatigue , muscle aches ,limited nausea and diarrhea. Also I’ve had split and peeling skin on thumbs and fingers all in all my experience with Xeloda has been good. I’ve been told that there is zero sign of any cancer left , CT scan last week will tell the tale. Will know more early January but feeling very optimistic.”

Old Woman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2020

For Breast Cancer: “I took it the during the 3rd year after my diagnosis. It worked great for about 11 months and then it didn't. But I was struggling with extreme fatigue before I started taking it and within the first week I felt so much better. Other than fatigue i didn't have any side effects. It was great”

SueZi December 12, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have been taking Xeloda 500mg. for approximately 5 months with only a few side effects I am on one week and off the next. I am tired during the week I am on with occasional diarrhea. I have noticed my hair thinning more but not too extreme. I don't have any hand or foot peeling as others do. I sleep really good and my appetite has not been affected. On occasion my gums feel a little tender. The best part is my tumor markers continue to drop in number! This is working for me.”

Anonymous May 3, 2009

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have advanced breast cancer in treatment. Xeloda has been better than being stuck in the chemo suite at my oncologist's office all the time. I just take the pills and they are pretty easy to take, compared to the infusions. Now I just have to go once a month to get my Taxotere. My nurse also has me putting lots of lotion on my hands and feet to prevent side effects, so far my hands are just dry sometimes. The best part is my hair is coming back. If I'd known this drug was available earlier, I'd have asked for it.”

Jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2013

For Colorectal Cancer: “Found out I had colon cancer and thought that was the end of me. Xeloda was very easy to take, twice daily for two weeks. One week off with testing. A small amount of tenderness in the mouth was the only problem, and that was minor. Only noticed it when I decided to try one of my diet favorites which is hot sauce.”

Cheryl C · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2017

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I will be starting my 4th round next week of Xeloda (generic). I have stage 4 breast cancer that I have been battling for over 6 years. Tumor spread to the liver, some sort of tumors near my kidney pressing my urethra, and pleurisy. I was losing 1 to 2 lbs a day. This is only my third therapy in all those years. My first round was 4,000 mg per day for 14 days. We had to adjust as the pain in my feet became horrific after a week. I am now taking 3,000 mg per day for 7 days on; 7 days off. I am no longer losing weight so we know the xeloda is probably working on the liver. The pleural area is not refilling (had surgery); kidney was saved with stents. Please do not be quick to jump to another drug (only when they stop working).”

vange November 18, 2011

For Colorectal Cancer: “My father was diagnosed with stage four colo-rectal cancer one year ago. I'm thankful for Xeloda it has worked in shrinking the tumor on his colon, he has not lost hair, does not vomit or have constant diarrhea, is eating well and can still taste flavors of the food he eats, I thank the God for this. But he does have other symptoms like pain and peeling on his hands and feet, blackness on his hands and bottom of his feet. I do notice he has chills, feels week and disoriented at times, body aches and his hearing is not as good as it was before.”

Oose October 25, 2008

For Colorectal Cancer: “This drug saved my life. It eradicated my tumor and made it possible for me to have a much less extensive surgery than anticipated. I had very few side effects and the ones I did have were easily managed with medicine.”

Anonymous February 4, 2012

For Colorectal Cancer: “I have been on Xeloda since October 2011 and haven't had any of the side effects listed. I have been able to maintain my appetite and haven't lost my hair. Actually, my hair has thinned just a little, gained a little bit more body and is getting lighter. This has been a very positive experience as far as chemo goes. I definitely will do Xeloda again (If I have to). There is a questionable mass on my lung...surgeon says cancer....oncologist no sure...and it is shrinking. I'm unsure if it is related to the combination medication I was on or Xeloda. I will hopefully determine that with this cycle of Xeloda on its own. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Chemo pill that is so awful!!!! I didn’t have as many side effects taking AC (Adriamycina & Cyclophosphamide) chemo. I do have so many side effects with these awful pills. The thought of enduring 5 more extremely awful months is almost unimaginable.”

Rozeya · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2017

For Colorectal Cancer: “I am in my 2nd month of taking xeloda after going through 36 rounds of chemotherapy since 2013. My intake of xeloda is 3 pills every twelve hours for 7 days and off 7 days. The side effect I am experiencing is the discoloration of the inside of my hands and the bottom of my feet, they also tingle and are painful at times. I am often tired and have also had pain in my shoulder and chest. I don't know if this medicine will keep the cancer from coming back, but I'd rather deal with these side effects than the chemo.”

app... April 9, 2015

For Stomach Cancer: “My father suffered from CA esophagus stage II A. it was very difficult situation he suffered from..had 13 cm of length in esophagus and after 3 chemotherapy of epirubicin, oxaloplatin and with Xeloda tabs ..it was amazing reduction in size up to 2 cm only..then we had operation and again same back up plan with 3 chemo and xeloda....its almost 3 years and he is safe i m happy ..thank god”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2016

For Breast Cancer: “Xeloda has brought my tm's down slowly but consistently. However, when I changed to the Mylan brand ( insurance made me switch to the Accredo mail order)I had a horrible experience after one cycle. The other products/binders in this brand included lactose and a combination similar to Miralax. I became lactose intolerant and dehydrated due to severe diarrhea. Also had severe myalgia and arthralgia.I am now back on the Teva brand and seem to be doing well.”

BC Survivor May 18, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I am thankful this drug didn't kill me! After taking this drug for 8 days the side effects started and went from bad to worse...blisters on hands, and hands and feet as well as every fold in my skin turned black and I had severe diahrea, that ended up putting me in the hospital for 6 days. The medicine reacted to my colon and it was wide open, couldn't hold anything down, lost 17 pounds is 7 days, although the weight loss was welcomed, I wouldn't suggest going about it this way. I stuck it out for the full 14 day regime and my doctor believes that with taking the drug for the first cycle hopefully it shrunk some of the tumors which are in my jaw, spine, collar bone and left femur. New treatmen coming after I recover from Xeloda!”

cher61 April 4, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I've been on Xeloda for 5 months. I have extreme traveling pains. Once I woke up at 3am and my right hand felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife and the knife was still in it. This lasted for 3 days. Next it was my left leg at the hip joint. I couldn't walk on it. Lots of pain when I moved it. It lasted about 4 days. Next was in my jaw joint. Painful swelling, couldn't bite down on anything..another 3 day episode. The pain is horrible. I go for scans in two weeks to see why my tumor markers went up. Could be from the inflammation xeloda is causing, could be xeloda is not working for me and the cancer is spreading. Will know soon.”

janmarbol · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My husband is on it and is extremely fatigued- and I MEAN TIRED to where he can't walk w/o getting out of breath. He also coughs constantly and brings up white foamy phlegm. L girl, you said your mom passed soon after taking the drug. I'm so sorry. Did she have issues with lungs and/or cough? I hope you see this but I'm not sure you will since we can't message people on here apparently.”

Joy Hewlett · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Wonderful drug for me. Brought my tumor marker blood test from 555 to 71 and still may be going lower. No side effects. Pray it continues to work.”

Anonymous March 27, 2008

For Colorectal Cancer: “I had little to no side effects. It elimanated one tumor and slowed the grouth of the other.”

Lidya · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 2, 2012

For Breast Cancer: “Good”

L girl November 19, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My mom took this medication and not long after she passed away. I think this medication played a good part. I wouldn't take it if I was any1 but hopefully it might work for you.”

Lizzie5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Appears I have developed lactose intolerance on my third cycle”