User Reviews for Xeloda

Learn more about Xeloda.

Xeloda Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Xeloda to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

"I will be starting my 4th round next week of Xeloda (generic). I have stage 4 breast cancer that I have been battling for over 6 years. Tumor spread to the liver, some sort of tumors near my kidney pressing my urethra, and pleurisy. I was losing 1 to 2 lbs a day. This is only my third therapy in all those years. My first round was 4,000 mg per day for 14 days. We had to adjust as the pain in my feet became horrific after a week. I am now taking 3,000 mg per day for 7 days on; 7 days off. I am no longer losing weight so we know the xeloda is probably working on the liver. The pleural area is not refilling (had surgery); kidney was saved with stents. Please do not be quick to jump to another drug (only when they stop working)."

Cheryl C (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Xeloda 500mg. for approximately 5 months with only a few side effects I am on one week and off the next. I am tired during the week I am on with occasional diarrhea. I have noticed my hair thinning more but not too extreme. I don't have any hand or foot peeling as others do. I sleep really good and my appetite has not been affected. On occasion my gums feel a little tender. The best part is my tumor markers continue to drop in number! This is working for me."

SueZi December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Appears I have developed lactose intolerance on my third cycle"

Lizzie5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am thankful this drug didn't kill me! After taking this drug for 8 days the side effects started and went from bad to worse...blisters on hands, and hands and feet as well as every fold in my skin turned black and I had severe diahrea, that ended up putting me in the hospital for 6 days. The medicine reacted to my colon and it was wide open, couldn't hold anything down, lost 17 pounds is 7 days, although the weight loss was welcomed, I wouldn't suggest going about it this way. I stuck it out for the full 14 day regime and my doctor believes that with taking the drug for the first cycle hopefully it shrunk some of the tumors which are in my jaw, spine, collar bone and left femur. New treatmen coming after I recover from Xeloda!"

BC Survivor May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband is on it and is extremely fatigued- and I MEAN TIRED to where he can't walk w/o getting out of breath. He also coughs constantly and brings up white foamy phlegm. L girl, you said your mom passed soon after taking the drug. I'm so sorry. Did she have issues with lungs and/or cough? I hope you see this but I'm not sure you will since we can't message people on here apparently."

janmarbol (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Xeloda for 5 months. I have extreme traveling pains. Once I woke up at 3am and my right hand felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife and the knife was still in it. This lasted for 3 days. Next it was my left leg at the hip joint. I couldn't walk on it. Lots of pain when I moved it. It lasted about 4 days. Next was in my jaw joint. Painful swelling, couldn't bite down on anything..another 3 day episode. The pain is horrible. I go for scans in two weeks to see why my tumor markers went up. Could be from the inflammation xeloda is causing, could be xeloda is not working for me and the cancer is spreading. Will know soon."

cher61 April 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My mom took this medication and not long after she passed away. I think this medication played a good part. I wouldn't take it if I was any1 but hopefully it might work for you."

L girl November 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have advanced breast cancer in treatment. Xeloda has been better than being stuck in the chemo suite at my oncologist's office all the time. I just take the pills and they are pretty easy to take, compared to the infusions. Now I just have to go once a month to get my Taxotere. My nurse also has me putting lots of lotion on my hands and feet to prevent side effects, so far my hands are just dry sometimes. The best part is my hair is coming back. If I'd known this drug was available earlier, I'd have asked for it."

Anonymous May 3, 2009