User Reviews for Ibrance

Learn more about Ibrance.

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 27 reviews 29 medications

6.6
Summary of Ibrance reviews 27 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ibrance

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My wife aged 63 in June 2017 used one 100mg phial. No effect , platelets Hg falls horribly. Ultimately she expired on 18 th July. This was used with Fulvestrand injection."

Mihir Ranjan (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Diagnosed MBC February 2014! In breast and sacrum. Started femara only, no progression till October 2015! Spread to two ribs and spine. Started ibrance with femara and scans got better and better until 2 months ago, scan showed no hot spots!! As far as I'm concerned, in remission!!! Side effects, hair loss, no taste, tired all the time, severe hot flashes, shortness of breath, joint pain, but I can live will it all!! Thank you pfizer and everyone involved in the studies who lived and died so I may live longer!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My mother was given this medication by her oncologist. She had been fine until this medication caused her to lose her appetite. She declined so rapidly that she soon passed. The cancer had not had time spread that rapidly. She was 81, she had metastatic breast cancer in the bones. Her Doctor refused to take off the medication until she insisted and she was on tamoxifen for a week. I don't believe she should have ever been put on this medication but her doctor is money hungry. The cancer did not kill my mother negligence did."

lostandalone17 July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer in 2010. Then Stage 4 in December 2015. Mets to spine, T-1 at first then & L-1 recently. Taking Ibrance, Faslodex & Xgeva. Overall feeling pretty good & side effects are not bad. PET scans are good & blood work is good as well. Feeling lucky so far but the unknown is very scary! Pzifer has a 10.00 copay plan on their website for anyone taking this drug."

Kimba the Lion July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My mom had breast cancer which had spread to her bones, chest lymph nodes, lung, and liver (7x6cm), and we tried every drug in the market for the last year. Nothing worked for us, and the tumor kept growing out of control. We were so desperate for any slim of hope until she started Ibrance with Fulvestrant. Her first blood draw after being on the medication for two weeks showed that her neutrophils counts were to low so she stopped for 2 weeks. She restated at a lower dose and had a CT scan (because she has new symptoms so her Doctor ordered a scan). The results were extremely promising as there's been no new development and all tumors were shrunk by at least 50%. I am hoping it will continue to work for her."

Ray68 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I had stage 2 breast cancer in 2002. In 2009 found Mets to spine at T12 vertebrae and has moved to lumbar spine and right hip. Was on zometta, letrozole and am now taking Ibrance and xgeva and fasoldex injections monthly for past year. My last scan showed areas of Mets are smaller, my doctor doesn't think I need any further scans unless I develop other symptoms related to organ mets. I have never had a low white count, however, I have most other side effects. Mouth sores in the beginning, poor appetite, taste and smell issues. Also toe problems it started with last 3 toes both feet tingling and now have neuropathy pretty bad to both feet and now hands. I don't feel great, but I am able to enjoy life and grateful to still be here. I will take any drug to stay alive!"

15 yrs later (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My mom has been on ibrance for over a year now. She had breast cancer in 2004, came back in 2010, then came back last year at the beginning of 2016 and had spread to her bones and skull. The medication has been wonderful. Definitely side effects but that is expected. Overall there has been little, if any, growth of the cancer. We had no idea how long it would be effective but we are going on 15 months now and she just got head MRI results today and still looks good. She will get pet scan in June or July to assess full body but we are so fortunate. This medication truly has bought us so much extra time with her. I pray everyone has positive effects with the medication. Stay strong and hopeful. There are always new treatments on the horizon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Initial breast cancer stage 2 in 2001 with chemo and radiation. Diagnosed stage 4 with mets to one rib in October 2015. One year on zometa with letrozole and ibrance for nearly two years. No serious side effects and my tumor marker went from 220 to 83. No trouble with blood cell counts. Some tiredness and nausea. Small meals and lots of water help. Ibrance is now covered by Medicaid. With this leadership in charge, who knows what will happen to me. I can't afford it on income of $2,000 a month. Eek."

Jazzqn (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Diagnose with Mets to lung and bones. Aggressive chemo worked for eight months and then I was moved to Femara and Ibrance. Had to pay for the drug out of pocket because I'm not insured and cost us a king's ransom. This money could and should have been better spent. Ibrance wiped out my immune system and spread my cancer. After two months I complained about breathlessness but my oncologist assumed that we should give it some more time to work because of the promotional reviews and propaganda by Pfizer. I hate how pharma industry is devouring our savings. They should not overrate their products and misguide oncologists. I don't know how they report results. I doubt that I will ever be counted among the failed cases. Very angry & disappointed."

Nelly2 May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I've been taking Ibrance for 6 months for mets to bones, lung and abdomen. I also take Femara daily and have a monthly Zometa infusion. First month my tumor markers went up, eeek, but since have steadily shown a downward trend. Recent PET scan compared to one prior to beginning Ibrance shows remarkable improvement and no new evidence of disease. Side effects are there but I'll take them in order to get a chance to live longer."

MetsGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My mother has stage 4 breast cancer with metastatic bone lesions... oncologist put her on ibrance but she developed neutropenia (low white cell count) and caught viral pneumonia! She has had nausea and diarrhea for past 3 weeks and we are sitting in ER right now... tried all anti-nausea meds and none have worked. It was a cascading effect of Ibrance and so she decided she is off all pills! Oncologist washed his hands of her when she said no more Ibrance..."

Cleok74 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer in February 2015. Ten lymph nodes tested positive and it had matastized to my bones. I started taking Ibrance and Lotrozole in April 2015. I have no notable side effects other then after being on it for 14 months it started destroying my hair and my blood counts is always low. My scans have all been good. Up until last week I still worked full time, but now that I am 65 I think it is time to go part time. I guess the fact that it isn't curable and the unknown is my worst fear. Good luck to all."

Deedeekine April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was diagnosed Oct 2002 with Estrogen/progesterone positive breast cancer of left breast with 2 nodes positive. I received chemo(Cytoxan, Adria, Taxotere) no radiation. Was clear for 13 years until Oct 2015 diagnosed with mets to bone. Had right hip replacement for fracture and radiation. Other lesions noted in spine, left hip, and mammary node. Started Ibrance and Letrozole with very little side effects. Some hair thinning, occasional mouth sore, fatigue at times. Side effects very minimal. Also received Xgevia injection monthly. Results excellent: markers good, lesions inactive for 17 months. Recently had Pet scan and found active lesion on left hip. Next plan is to do some radiation, Fasoldex injections monthly and continue Xgevia"

15 years and still swinging (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was so hopeful that the wonder drug Ibrance would help me, but it didn't do squat. Actually am worse off now than before. It seems to have triggered something to make my mets spread. Side effects: mild to moderate. Bad fatigue and mouth sores Insurance out of pocket would have been $60 a month, but co pay assistance made it only $10."

Jaja67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Stage 4 breast cancer met to left lung and bones, I have been on Ibrance and Fasodex for three months and was recently told that my cancer has worsened. When would these jokers ever come up with a real cure for cancer and stop experimenting on cancer patients with their worthless expensive drugs. Good luck to everyone, wish you the best of success with your treatments."

Lorny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been on Ibrance for a month and a half only. I'm also on Lertazole. I take both with my main meal at night. I have not had a scan yet. She's planning one in early March. My oncologist said wine with dinner is ok. I've heard many say alcohol is terrible to drink with cancer. I'm confused what I should be doing with alcohol. A little or none at all? I'm trying to learn about health products and the benefit of mushrooms. It's still overwhelming but I'm hopeful. I'm very tired on Ibrance. I know my resistance is lower and am getting cold sores. I need lots of rest and quiet and Peace. Love and light to you , Trinda"

tmesservey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was in remission for 10 yrs, was just told this last October it was back. Its in my liver and bones. My onocologist put me on Ibrance , hormonal therapy and a bone shot. I am in my second month of taking it so I cannot tell you if any of the cancer has gotten smaller or even gone away. My blood work, all came back well , after the first mo. Being so aggressive! I will see him in the third month to see if the tumor has been affected by the treatment. He is so optimistic about this drug :-) I can help some new ibrance patients out by telling you to eat smaller amounts of food. I think I have drank more water on ibrance ,than I have in the last year combined. I myself would not recommend taking it at night ! Lot's of water !!"

Faithbewithus December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was prompted to write this after reading some of the negative reviews. God how I wish this would work for everyone. I have only been on it for around 7 months but my first scan was promising (I have bone metastasis and there were no new spots and previous lesions appeared smaller). I go for my next scan in a few weeks. I'm so fortunate in that I've had no side effects. Your neutrophils will dip and yes, I'm tired at times but what else is new. I know that some are experiencing terrible side effects but I wanted to chime in and say that not everyone experiences them. I do take spirulina pills and they seem to help get my neutrophils where they should be (above 1.0). If you are a candidate for ibrance, count yourself lucky and try it!"

Scans promising, no side effec November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I'm on Faslodex and Ibrance. My cancer was in my lymph nodes near my clavicle, on T10, T11, T12, L5, on my Sacrum and spread around my pelvis in a lot of little spots, plus it was in my hip joint. My organs were spared, but it was scary since it was in my lymph nodes. I've been on Faslodex since August 2016 and I started Ibrance in September 2016. In just two months, all of my lesions have shrunk and there's no new metabolic activity surrounding what remains. I take my Ibrance at night and don't feel dizzy or nauseous. I don't feel too great if I eat too much, but as long as I eat light meals, my energy is good and I feel normal. I do feel fatigued from time to time, but a quick nap leaves me feeling refreshed."

Harry's Mom November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I had breast cancer 24 years ago. Was treated with chemo and radiation. Earlier this year Doctors discovered that I had metastatic cancer. A nine inch cancer between the lung and rib cage. Side effects of Ibrance were a little rough at first but eased up as time went by. Stomach problems, headaches, weakness but they eased up as time went by. I learned that I had to drink lots of water. It is now 8 months later and My cancer is in remission."

Halt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been on for a year and a half. I am now no evidence of disease! Only bad part is the low WBC"

Rach89 October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My oncologist put me on Ibrance since last week of October 2015. My treatment also includes Faslodex and Lupron. My cancer metastasized on the lining of my lungs and also the pelvis area, right breast, and ovaries. Lungs collapsed. Was prescribed oxygen on exertion. First few weeks on Ibrance, I was getting worst but by 2nd week of December, cancer damage started reversing. tumor disappeared, lung fluid decreased, SPO2 got normal. In April 2016, PetScan says that cancer is no longer detectable... latest PetScan in July says the same plus no more pleural effusion. I didn't have any side effects at all. I am still on this treatment: Ibrance + Lupron (every 3 months) + Faslodex (every month). I am ER-, Her2-, and PR+."

zeppellin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am stage 4, took metronome had great results then ibrance,just the 1st month I was on it 3 tumors popped up, got off it for 3 months then went back, well it made the tumor bigger,..side effects, back aches while walking, sore throat, hair loss, weakness in arms, feeling tired all the time, my cancer psa was 14, in one month on ibrance it went to 35,..I see oncologist on the 9th, I'm sure my psa will be higher, so I'm taking my self off of it..."

Questseeker (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "The first time I tried this my tumor shrunk by half in 3 months. I had to stop due to the extreme side effects. Just restarted at a lower dose and there are still some wicked side effects. However with the results I've had I'll tough it out and keep hoping for the best."

DoingMyBest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015