User Reviews for Ibrance

Learn more about Ibrance.

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 10 reviews 28 medications

7.4
Summary of Ibrance reviews 10 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Ibrance

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was prompted to write this after reading some of the negative reviews. God how I wish this would work for everyone. I have only been on it for around 7 months but my first scan was promising (I have bone metastasis and there were no new spots and previous lesions appeared smaller). I go for my next scan in a few weeks. I'm so fortunate in that I've had no side effects. Your neutrophils will dip and yes, I'm tired at times but what else is new. I know that some are experiencing terrible side effects but I wanted to chime in and say that not everyone experiences them. I do take spirulina pills and they seem to help get my neutrophils where they should be (above 1.0). If you are a candidate for ibrance, count yourself lucky and try it!"

Scans promising, no side effec November 23, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I'm on Faslodex and Ibrance. My cancer was in my lymph nodes near my clavicle, on T10, T11, T12, L5, on my Sacrum and spread around my pelvis in a lot of little spots, plus it was in my hip joint. My organs were spared, but it was scary since it was in my lymph nodes. I've been on Faslodex since August 2016 and I started Ibrance in September 2016. In just two months, all of my lesions have shrunk and there's no new metabolic activity surrounding what remains. I take my Ibrance at night and don't feel dizzy or nauseous. I don't feel too great if I eat too much, but as long as I eat light meals, my energy is good and I feel normal. I do feel fatigued from time to time, but a quick nap leaves me feeling refreshed."

Harry's Mom November 7, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I had breast cancer 24 years ago. Was treated with chemo and radiation. Earlier this year Doctors discovered that I had metastatic cancer. A nine inch cancer between the lung and rib cage. Side effects of Ibrance were a little rough at first but eased up as time went by. Stomach problems, headaches, weakness but they eased up as time went by. I learned that I had to drink lots of water. It is now 8 months later and My cancer is in remission."

Halt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been on for a year and a half. I am now no evidence of disease! Only bad part is the low WBC"

Rach89 October 26, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My oncologist put me on Ibrance since last week of October 2015. My treatment also includes Faslodex and Lupron. My cancer metastasized on the lining of my lungs and also the pelvis area, right breast, and ovaries. Lungs collapsed. Was prescribed oxygen on exertion. First few weeks on Ibrance, I was getting worst but by 2nd week of December, cancer damage started reversing. tumor disappeared, lung fluid decreased, SPO2 got normal. In April 2016, PetScan says that cancer is no longer detectable... latest PetScan in July says the same plus no more pleural effusion. I didn't have any side effects at all. I am still on this treatment: Ibrance + Lupron (every 3 months) + Faslodex (every month). I am ER-, Her2-, and PR+."

zeppellin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am stage 4, took metronome had great results then ibrance,just the 1st month I was on it 3 tumors popped up, got off it for 3 months then went back, well it made the tumor bigger,..side effects, back aches while walking, sore throat, hair loss, weakness in arms, feeling tired all the time, my cancer psa was 14, in one month on ibrance it went to 35,..I see oncologist on the 9th, I'm sure my psa will be higher, so I'm taking my self off of it..."

Questseeker (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "The first time I tried this my tumor shrunk by half in 3 months. I had to stop due to the extreme side effects. Just restarted at a lower dose and there are still some wicked side effects. However with the results I've had I'll tough it out and keep hoping for the best."

DoingMyBest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

DoingMyBest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My oncologist was enthusiastic to put me on Ibrance due to the reports and fast tracking of approval for the drug. I was on Ibrance for 6 months and it was a disaster. The drug did nothing for the cancer. In fact, the cancer spread a little with use of Ibrance. The side effects were great. Normal hematocrit levels should have been 35-45, but with Ibrance, mine were 20-25. It wiped out my immune system, made me anemic, and provided a whole host of negative side effects. I know of a few people who were also on Ibrance and it did not work for them. One of them ended up in the hospital for weeks. I have had a hard time connecting or finding patients who have had a positive experience. Ibrance is not as advertised."

JanVA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am still in treatment, but my initial impression of Ibrance is positive. My doctor is extremely supportive of it's uses and anticipated outcomes. (I have a fantastic doctor) I've had ease of access, when I mention Ibrance to medical professionals and the like their response is positive according to what they're hearing. My side effects have been few and not severe. The only major reaction I experienced was during the course of undergoing radiation treatments and taking Ibrance & Femara in combination. I became neutropenic (sp?) w/mild diarrhea, weakness, dehydration and throat and esophagus challenges. My challenges were a bit overwhelming. The newness of Ibrance concerns me. Just hoping it does the job! Thank you."

Only Positive September 20, 2015