User Reviews for Ibrance

Ibrance has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 60 ratings on Drugs.com. 59% of those users who reviewed Ibrance reported a positive effect, while 35% reported a negative effect.

Breast Cancer, Male   10.0
Breast Cancer, Metastatic   6.6
Breast Cancer   5.5
Liposarcoma   2.5
Summary of Ibrance reviews 6.5 60 reviews

Reviews for Ibrance

Gram2021! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 28, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was started on Ibrance in March 2020. I had a lot of weakness and abnormal labs when I first started taking it. I was also getting radiation which contributed. After a couple of months I was better and able to return to work. Since that time I have had a few minor side effects. A sore mouth and some rash from time to time but nothing I couldn’t handle. From March to Oct my cancer antigens dropped from 258-66. In Nov I had COVID and it has all been down hill. Not sure if that plays any part or not. Since Dec I have required to be in the hosp for pain, have gone through a 2nd course of radiation and my cancer antigen has gone back up and now back to 201. Right now my bone pain is so bad I can barely walk to the bathroom. When I try to even sit up the pain is bad. My oncologist has taken me off the Ibrance and is in the process of changing my drug regimen.”

truth · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Ibrance sadly was not be effective for long. For the first 3 months it kept my breast cancer stable. RGCC to get rid of the cancer cells in Vitro test tube response showed 25% elimination rate. Not really that impressive. Within 3 months the elimination rate had dropped to ZERO and the cancer was progressing again. We went off it about 6 months too late instead of monitoring every month for resistance. Even Ibrances new reports say average efficacy time before resistance is 7.8 months but I have found much shorter. For all the problems this drug causes and bad side effects IMO its not a good option, better off with SOT and IPT treatments.”

Maisie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Taking Ibrance has been very positive. I am on my 4th round with no side effects. First diagnosed with Stage 3 in 2004 then d Stage 4 in 2016. For 4 years I have been unable to swallow due to oesophageal thickening after cancer cells migrated into the outer muscular layer from the surrounding lymph nodes. All my nutrition other than water density fluids has been taken through a PEG tube directly into my stomach. After 6 weeks on Ibrance I was able to transition to eating all my meals. It is a real joy to be able to eat again. A recent CT scan showed marked reduction of tumors in my liver, lymph nodes, oesophagus and vertebrae with new bone growth evident. Cancer markers (CA15-3) have reduced from 200 to 70. I am also on Letrizole. So far I am very happy with the results. I am also thankful that our government (New Zealand) put this medication of the "free list" earlier this year and it now does not cost anything (previously it would have cost $4500 per cycle).”

Cancer Warrior · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Was on Ibrance and Letrozole for 3 months, possibly the worst of my life. Could not complete 1 single cycle (started 3 in total). White cells nose dived after 15 days. Side effects included mouth ulcers, diarrhea, skin peeling on my fingers and feet soles, extreme fatigue, joint pains. After 3 months recurrence in axillary lymph nodes + bone lesions. Going back now to chemo. Almost happy about that, since it means the end of Ibrance.”

Florida Girl · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 30, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have been on Ibrance since June 2017. I loved the capsules. They were easy to take on the go and not many side effects. July 2020 I was switched to the pills after being in the capsules over three years. I really reall don't like these pills. The packaging is awful and the side effects terrible. I have a lot of stomach issues on the pill form that I did not have on the capsules. My liver enzymes have gone up. It use to be a great medicine and they changed it to the point I’m considering asking my dr to change to another inhibitor drug. I use to always be quick to recommend Ibrance to a new patient when I had capsules. Now I won’t recommend it at all.”

nancy · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have been taking ibrance/letrozole since 2017 for breast cancer mets, with great results. No new growth! Recently the ibrance capsules were changed to a tablet. The new tablet comes in 3 cards of blister packs per month. The tablet is easy to swallow, as was the capsule. However, the blister packs that it comes in are very difficult to open, especially for those of us with arthritis or who are weak. I was told not to open the packs early to load my pill case due to the stability of the tablet. We have enough problems without having to struggle to get a pill out of a pack every day. Perhaps the company could change back to the capsules in a bottle or reinvent the tablet so it can be in a bottle. Thank you”

TT · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 30, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “August 2016, lumpectomy, oestrogen positive 14 mm, clear margins, close to chest bone, no lymph node involvement, radiation only, no Tamoxifen. After 13 years bone pain in chest, scan revealed bone spots and lung tumor metastases - oestrogen positive. November 2019 diagnosis, started Ibrance with Femolet and bisphosphonate injection once a month. Within 2 weeks pain stopped. First scan showed no growth, evidence of some bone healing. A few relatively minor symptoms, loss of appetite, low energy. After a few hours my vertebrae affected ache. Now nine months later still going well. I am very happy to have this time and good measure of QOL.”

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Male: “Been on Ibrance for 25 months for bone and liver cancer. Eight small liver tumors have gotten smaller. Very satisfied with this drug. Have severe fatigue.”

Valerie August 8, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, Metastatic MBC (liver and bones) Feb 2020. I am having my 5th cycle of Ibrance and Letrozol now and I feel great. First two months were hard to manage, I felt very tired, no appetite and lots of bad headaches. During my 3rd cycle I stated to feel suddenly better and now I do not have any side effects at all. The combo works for me, but quite slowly. My markers are getting down, my liver tests are better, but far from normal.But I feel great, like normal me. I will switch to another drug soon.”

Montana · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I have hormones receptor positive and HER2 gene negative stage 4 breast cancer and started ibrance February 2020. So far, I really like how it is working for me. When I first started my WBC dropped very low but then my oncologist switched me to the lower dose and my WBC does a lot better. At my last appointment in June 2020 my cancer markers have dropped a lot since February and my breast cancer has even shrunk quit a bit. I am very happy with this medication. I also take fulvestrant once a month.”

One in a million · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Diagnosed Stage 4 breast cancer invasive ductal hormone receptor positive HER2 negative metastatic to bone in 2016. After mastectomy/ lymphodectomy was treated with radiation and hormone treatment. Tamoxifen, letrozole had side effects did very well on anastrazole until scan in spring 2019 suggested more cancer in lymphatic system. Started Ibrance 21 day on 7 off and fulvestrant monthly. No obvious cancer after 6 months and now a year!! No cancer!!! Some side effects but definitely mild.”

Old Woman · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 20, 2020

For Breast Cancer: “I loved it. It was the first drug I tried after I was diagnosed. I had not had a mammogram for 3 years so my original diagnosis was Stage 4. This drug worked like a charm. Brought my numbers down really low and I felt good. Except for fatigue. But they all effect me that way. My husband was dying of COPD and I took care of him until the end. Great drug.”

Dottir · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My mother got two injections and one capsule on the neglected line of informed consent. She felt nauseous, light headed, lost hair and above all her leg function was hampered. After a "clean" MRI scan without metastasis, ok red blood cell levels and white blood cell levels she got scanned after one month with severe pressure in her spine and dysfunctional legs and had bone cancer, severely declined red and white blood cells and ruptures in her liver. Not saying it was this "medicine" because I don't know. She lived 6 months...I can be angry but that doesn't bring her back.”

Chloe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I am finishing up my 8th round of Ibrance this week for breast cancer. So far, I'm progression free. I've had very few side effects and feel pretty good. Happy to have had this option.”

KDESI · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 14, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I began taking Ibrance, Faslodex and Zometa in Febraury 2019. Since then I have had three CT Scans. The CT Scans have shown marked reduction. I have had few side effects if any. This drug was designed to give cancer patients like me more time. I am privately insured. The Pfizer program pays for my out of pocket cost each month.”

Bobbi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2019

For Liposarcoma: “This medicine gave me horrible diarrhea and dehydrated me. Never will I take this medication again.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Powerful.”

Carol Sue November 28, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I am dying. Ibrance worked for about 12 months. All my good blood cells have died and left my immune system defenceless. I wanted to live longer. In the end this harsh drug has rendered me defenceless.”

Fluteplayer · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 12, 2019

For Breast Cancer: “I have taken Ibrance for over 4 years and twice in hospital as I couldn't breathe. Now I see lungs are one of their side effects. Off it now for 3 weeks as it quit working. Blood is still low so can't begin another but like to breathe . Will all the drugs cause lung problems”

KT · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “My Mom has stage 3 BC in April 2015. She has surgery followed by rounds of chemo and radiation therapy. She was put on harmone tablets and in Nov 2018 we learnt that it came to lungs after she had persistence cough. She had biopsy and then had 12 rounds of paclitaxel and then in PET Scan their was great recovery. After then doctor put her on Ibrance with Fulvestrant with too many side effects and after three months it became worse with new lesions in liver and bones. Now she is on oral chemo and just praying. This Ibrance does not Works seems !”

Anonymous September 11, 2019

For Breast Cancer: “My sister had breast cancer and was doing ok with quimio but because of the hair loss she decided to start taking Ibrance and after about a month her liver stopped working and 2 weeks later she passed.”

kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “On Ibrance overall, sick feelings, loss appetite. Twenty eight days on then seven days off. Horrible did not help lesions, I had horrible hot flashes, list endless. ”

Kdesi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was diagnosed with mac Feb 13,2019. I began Ibrance a few weeks later. My CAT scan in early May showed the tumors had shrunk by 1/2!”

Jukebox's wife July 11, 2019

For Liposarcoma: “My husband started taking Ibrance 100mg yesterday, July 10, 2019 around 11:30a.m.. Within a few minutes his face was numb. We ate lunch, he said the pork chop wasn't good and tasted funny. The numbness ended up covering his body head to toe, and he felt stoned. He looked stoned, like he wanted to sleep, this lasted all day. We went to bed around 11p.m. and it was starting to wear off, then during the night he felt like he had pins and needles all over, and said it hurt. He also had chills several times throughout the day. He is still sleeping this morning so I'm not sure how he feels. I did contact the doctors office and they said for him not to take anymore today and made an appointment for next Tuesday. They also said when he gets up if he still has numbness to go to the ER, if not he can stay home but no more Ibrance until he comes in. They want to monitor him after he takes it. He doesn't normally take meds so I'm not sure if this is why it affects him in this way.”

Bay · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Found out I had metastasized breast cancer in September 2018. Started my Ibrance treatment along with tamoxifen October 2018. I had a tumor in my right breast 2cm. With the cancer spreading to my Right (armpit four small tumor ) and a pea size tumor in my throat area. I just had my PET scan this month April 2019. The tumor in my right breast is almost gone. I only have one area under my armpit showing signs of cancer not four. And the one that is in my throat is only half the size it was before. The medication is working!!!!! Praise god. When I first started taking it food tasted weird but now everything is fine. You may be a little tired but you will get energy eventually stay busy stay focus. Please stay positive ”