User Reviews for Ibrance

Learn more about Ibrance.

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 18 reviews 29 medications

6.6
Summary of Ibrance reviews 18 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ibrance

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I've been taking Ibrance for 6 months for mets to bones, lung and abdomen. I also take Femara daily and have a monthly Zometa infusion. First month my tumor markers went up, eeek, but since have steadily shown a downward trend. Recent PET scan compared to one prior to beginning Ibrance shows remarkable improvement and no new evidence of disease. Side effects are there but I'll take them in order to get a chance to live longer."

MetsGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My mother has stage 4 breast cancer with metastatic bone lesions... oncologist put her on ibrance but she developed neutropenia (low white cell count) and caught viral pneumonia! She has had nausea and diarrhea for past 3 weeks and we are sitting in ER right now... tried all anti-nausea meds and none have worked. It was a cascading effect of Ibrance and so she decided she is off all pills! Oncologist washed his hands of her when she said no more Ibrance..."

Cleok74 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer in February 2015. Ten lymph nodes tested positive and it had matastized to my bones. I started taking Ibrance and Lotrozole in April 2015. I have no notable side effects other then after being on it for 14 months it started destroying my hair and my blood counts is always low. My scans have all been good. Up until last week I still worked full time, but now that I am 65 I think it is time to go part time. I guess the fact that it isn't curable and the unknown is my worst fear. Good luck to all."

Deedeekine April 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was diagnosed Oct 2002 with Estrogen/progesterone positive breast cancer of left breast with 2 nodes positive. I received chemo(Cytoxan, Adria, Taxotere) no radiation. Was clear for 13 years until Oct 2015 diagnosed with mets to bone. Had right hip replacement for fracture and radiation. Other lesions noted in spine, left hip, and mammary node. Started Ibrance and Letrozole with very little side effects. Some hair thinning, occasional mouth sore, fatigue at times. Side effects very minimal. Also received Xgevia injection monthly. Results excellent: markers good, lesions inactive for 17 months. Recently had Pet scan and found active lesion on left hip. Next plan is to do some radiation, Fasoldex injections monthly and continue Xgevia"

15 years and still swinging (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was so hopeful that the wonder drug Ibrance would help me, but it didn't do squat. Actually am worse off now than before. It seems to have triggered something to make my mets spread. Side effects: mild to moderate. Bad fatigue and mouth sores Insurance out of pocket would have been $60 a month, but co pay assistance made it only $10."

Jaja67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Stage 4 breast cancer met to left lung and bones, I have been on Ibrance and Fasodex for three months and was recently told that my cancer has worsened. When would these jokers ever come up with a real cure for cancer and stop experimenting on cancer patients with their worthless expensive drugs. Good luck to everyone, wish you the best of success with your treatments."

Lorny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been on Ibrance for a month and a half only. I'm also on Lertazole. I take both with my main meal at night. I have not had a scan yet. She's planning one in early March. My oncologist said wine with dinner is ok. I've heard many say alcohol is terrible to drink with cancer. I'm confused what I should be doing with alcohol. A little or none at all? I'm trying to learn about health products and the benefit of mushrooms. It's still overwhelming but I'm hopeful. I'm very tired on Ibrance. I know my resistance is lower and am getting cold sores. I need lots of rest and quiet and Peace. Love and light to you , Trinda"

tmesservey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was in remission for 10 yrs, was just told this last October it was back. Its in my liver and bones. My onocologist put me on Ibrance , hormonal therapy and a bone shot. I am in my second month of taking it so I cannot tell you if any of the cancer has gotten smaller or even gone away. My blood work, all came back well , after the first mo. Being so aggressive! I will see him in the third month to see if the tumor has been affected by the treatment. He is so optimistic about this drug :-) I can help some new ibrance patients out by telling you to eat smaller amounts of food. I think I have drank more water on ibrance ,than I have in the last year combined. I myself would not recommend taking it at night ! Lot's of water !!"

Faithbewithus December 23, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I was prompted to write this after reading some of the negative reviews. God how I wish this would work for everyone. I have only been on it for around 7 months but my first scan was promising (I have bone metastasis and there were no new spots and previous lesions appeared smaller). I go for my next scan in a few weeks. I'm so fortunate in that I've had no side effects. Your neutrophils will dip and yes, I'm tired at times but what else is new. I know that some are experiencing terrible side effects but I wanted to chime in and say that not everyone experiences them. I do take spirulina pills and they seem to help get my neutrophils where they should be (above 1.0). If you are a candidate for ibrance, count yourself lucky and try it!"

Scans promising, no side effec November 23, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I'm on Faslodex and Ibrance. My cancer was in my lymph nodes near my clavicle, on T10, T11, T12, L5, on my Sacrum and spread around my pelvis in a lot of little spots, plus it was in my hip joint. My organs were spared, but it was scary since it was in my lymph nodes. I've been on Faslodex since August 2016 and I started Ibrance in September 2016. In just two months, all of my lesions have shrunk and there's no new metabolic activity surrounding what remains. I take my Ibrance at night and don't feel dizzy or nauseous. I don't feel too great if I eat too much, but as long as I eat light meals, my energy is good and I feel normal. I do feel fatigued from time to time, but a quick nap leaves me feeling refreshed."

Harry's Mom November 7, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I had breast cancer 24 years ago. Was treated with chemo and radiation. Earlier this year Doctors discovered that I had metastatic cancer. A nine inch cancer between the lung and rib cage. Side effects of Ibrance were a little rough at first but eased up as time went by. Stomach problems, headaches, weakness but they eased up as time went by. I learned that I had to drink lots of water. It is now 8 months later and My cancer is in remission."

Halt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I have been on for a year and a half. I am now no evidence of disease! Only bad part is the low WBC"

Rach89 October 26, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My oncologist put me on Ibrance since last week of October 2015. My treatment also includes Faslodex and Lupron. My cancer metastasized on the lining of my lungs and also the pelvis area, right breast, and ovaries. Lungs collapsed. Was prescribed oxygen on exertion. First few weeks on Ibrance, I was getting worst but by 2nd week of December, cancer damage started reversing. tumor disappeared, lung fluid decreased, SPO2 got normal. In April 2016, PetScan says that cancer is no longer detectable... latest PetScan in July says the same plus no more pleural effusion. I didn't have any side effects at all. I am still on this treatment: Ibrance + Lupron (every 3 months) + Faslodex (every month). I am ER-, Her2-, and PR+."

zeppellin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am stage 4, took metronome had great results then ibrance,just the 1st month I was on it 3 tumors popped up, got off it for 3 months then went back, well it made the tumor bigger,..side effects, back aches while walking, sore throat, hair loss, weakness in arms, feeling tired all the time, my cancer psa was 14, in one month on ibrance it went to 35,..I see oncologist on the 9th, I'm sure my psa will be higher, so I'm taking my self off of it..."

Questseeker (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "The first time I tried this my tumor shrunk by half in 3 months. I had to stop due to the extreme side effects. Just restarted at a lower dose and there are still some wicked side effects. However with the results I've had I'll tough it out and keep hoping for the best."

DoingMyBest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

DoingMyBest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "My oncologist was enthusiastic to put me on Ibrance due to the reports and fast tracking of approval for the drug. I was on Ibrance for 6 months and it was a disaster. The drug did nothing for the cancer. In fact, the cancer spread a little with use of Ibrance. The side effects were great. Normal hematocrit levels should have been 35-45, but with Ibrance, mine were 20-25. It wiped out my immune system, made me anemic, and provided a whole host of negative side effects. I know of a few people who were also on Ibrance and it did not work for them. One of them ended up in the hospital for weeks. I have had a hard time connecting or finding patients who have had a positive experience. Ibrance is not as advertised."

JanVA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2015

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am still in treatment, but my initial impression of Ibrance is positive. My doctor is extremely supportive of it's uses and anticipated outcomes. (I have a fantastic doctor) I've had ease of access, when I mention Ibrance to medical professionals and the like their response is positive according to what they're hearing. My side effects have been few and not severe. The only major reaction I experienced was during the course of undergoing radiation treatments and taking Ibrance & Femara in combination. I became neutropenic (sp?) w/mild diarrhea, weakness, dehydration and throat and esophagus challenges. My challenges were a bit overwhelming. The newness of Ibrance concerns me. Just hoping it does the job! Thank you."

Only Positive September 20, 2015