User Reviews for Herceptin

Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 9.0
Summary of Herceptin reviews 9.8 7 reviews

Reviews for Herceptin

Superleeds · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 21, 2019

For Esophageal Carcinoma: “I have been having Herceptin for 6 years for esophageal carcinoma and the only problem I have found is I cannot drink even a half glass of wine as causes sweating and feeling sick also fainting.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2017

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “These medicines saved my life and continue to keep me cancer free for over 3 years. Thank goodness for the scientists for these target therapy drugs (herceptin and perjeta)that focus on the bad cells with minimal side effects which allows for a pretty good quality of life in spite of cancer. If only the cost would be more affordable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 21, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “Had Herceptin along with Perjeta, Carboplatin & Taxotere for 6 months. HER+ hormone negative stage 3a cancer was believed to have completely resolved from biopsy results after 6 months chemo was over & double mastectomy and 6 lymph glands removed. Currently continuing Herceptin infusions without chemo every 3 weeks & undergoing 6 weeks of radiation to prevent recurrence. Hard to tell what symptoms were from which drug during chemo and now with radiation , but now I have dizziness, occasional shortness of breath and fatigue. Have also experienced nausea, but not with every treatment. I believe this drug saved my life for now & I am grateful. Doctors say my prognosis would've been much worse without this drug.”

+++ July 15, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I have no idea if this drug is working? The side effects are not pleasant. After the infusion and a few days following heart racing and pounding so hard you can hear it! All kinds of rashes have developed in throughout body. Urine has a distinct odor and one has to urinate continually. Many don't know that this originated from rodents and the thought of that is enough to make anyone ill. The anti-body was developed from mice! I have no idea if it's working. Just now having the infusions is not pleasant. They call it a miracle drug in the man and his team who worked so long and hard on it or very dedicated. So for those with triple positive breast cancer it is said to be a lifesaver. Hoping for the best outcome.”

LuCinda1961 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2013

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Herceptin is a life saver for those of us that are HER2 . I took it every 3 weeks for 52 weeks.You will need a TET done on your heart before you start and Benadryl before infusion but I had no side effects. I did take it with Taxol for 12 weeks. Life saver!”

itsme1972 January 24, 2010

For Breast Cancer: “I did 7 months of treatment then my Oncologist had to take me off due to Congestive Heart Failure. I personally don't think Herceptin contributed to it at all but was told it was the combo of it and Adryamyacin. It was pretty bad, my ejection fraction was down to 28. I was so short of breath that just walking to the bathroom was a real effort. The fatigue was the mind numbing kind that just turning over in bed felt like I had ran a race. As for side effects for the Herceptin, I had frequent nose bleeds, mild nausea and occasional headaches. I would have gladly endured any side effects for the benefits of this life-saving drug. I am so thankful to Dr Slamon for all the work he did and to Genetech. I am a 4 year survivor so I think that says it all.”

Jetmom June 30, 2009

For Salivary Gland Cancer: “My husband has been on Herceptin for his salivary gland cancer for 2 years. The fight to keep him on it has been harrowing as it is only formally approved for breast cancer. I truly believe it saved his life. He tested HER-2/neu positive (3) which is normally located in the breast. Dr. Posner (Dana Farber in Boston) recommended a course of treatment that included Herceptin. His Petscans have now been clear and treatment can stop at the end of August. More needs to be done to allow life saving treatment.”