User Reviews for Arimidex

Learn more about Arimidex.

Breast Cancer 46 reviews 59 medications

6.2
Breast Cancer, Metastatic 2 reviews 29 medications

Summary of Arimidex reviews 48 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Arimidex

For Breast Cancer "The first year of taking anastrozole, I experienced hair loss, weight gain even though I was having difficulty keeping food down. It wasn't really nausea, it was more like a reaction. Itchy skin, foggy head, aches and pains. During the second year , i found one morning that I could barely walk, severe knee pain, sore legs, sore bones...this is still the case, but I started gradually to start a yoga routine, which helps some days, it doesn't erase the pain, but seems to make it more manageable. It's like a different set of side effects every few months.i will stick with it, as much as I cont want to. The surgery and radiation are two things I never want to deal with again. Good luck to all of you, keep strong!"

Hobber August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I have been taking Aridimex for 4.5 years, coming up on my 5 year post treatment check up. Side effects for me have been; hot flashes, neuropathy, intense joint pain, insomnia and 30% loss of bone density. I take 2 ibuprofen daily to manage pain and power through. New clinical data indicate staying on longer may reduce risk further. I was so looking forward to getting off this drug, not sure how I feel about that."

Gigglemom (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I took one pill. ONE. Within 12 hours I began itching from head to toe. In 24 hours I was in the emergency room with a terrible rash all over me. It was so bad and it was raised so high you could almost measure it with a ruler! I didn't want to scratch first. I had to get two shots in my belly, was put on oral prednisone for two weeks (which then calls for a slow wean-off of the drug), a prescription topical medicine and over-the-counter medicines. The rash hung around for almost three weeks. I'm allergic to sulfa and all NSAIDS, but my doctor wasn't sure what is in this drug to cause this reaction. He put me on tamoxifen next, which I took for 7 years but the cancer came back. I am now on letrozole with no problems except joint pain."

voter (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I took the Arimidex for five years, three years in I began having serious issues in my hands. Trigger finger in both hands. Two years after stopping the medication, I am still having serious issues with my hands. The side effects are accumulative, and I decided to discontinue taking it."

survived February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I have been on Arimidex since December. I am experiencing locked up hands in the a.m. with pain; weakened grips and discomfort using the computer for my job. Also,at times low back and sciatica pain. I am considering changing medication."

deb a (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Diagnosed in June 2016 Stage 2 grade 2 IDC Breast cancer. August 2016 lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy and 30 radiation treatments. Only been on arimidex for 2 weeks. Having severe bone pain in legs and hips. Knees are the worst. Some nausea and loss of appetite. Didn't expect the side effects to start within the first 2 weeks of taking arimidex. Hope the longer I'm on arimidex the side effects will get better."

Gram2000 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Lots of hot flashes fatigue and weight gain but the benefit out way the negative of this drug"

Pammi's October 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Taking Arimidex for just short of four years. Horrible bone and joint pain. Pain meds leave me unable to function. Insomnia, shortness of breath, chest pains. Thousands of dollars on tests that show nothing. Treated like a nut case. Oncologist finally said stop taking it, but gave me nothing for pain. Trip to ER , prescribed oxycodone which works, but knocks me out and grog continues for two days after taking it! Oncologist says recurrence is 8% without Arimidex, 5% with it. I will not continue this torture for a mere 3%! This is no way to live."

Tekteacher (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I took arimidex for five months after a mastectomy. The first few months I had very little problems apart from a severe farty bottom and abdominal pain. Then it hit me that awful debilitating pain so many people talk about. I couldnt close my hands in the morning and when I got out of bed I could barely walk my legs were so stiff. I tried physio, dry needling, glucosamine, tumeric and various rubs to no avail. I developed huge knotty muscle lumps on my legs and tummy. My oncologist advised me to have a short break and I noticed differences almost straight away. I could actually walk again and after two weeks everything settled. I have just started tamoxifen and I am crossing my fingers that all goes well. I really want the insurance."

Unhappy chappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "6. months into taking this drug, I had to stop. Side effects, painful weakness in both hands, hurt to grip, Trigger thumbs- bad when waking up in am. Took med in morning. Dizzy, nausea, headache, heartburn,, discomfort in center of chest.Exhausted mid day, bone pain Lost sex drive. 62 yes old. Since stopping 2 wks ago- hoping hands & sex drive return, other problems have stopped. Feeling more normal , weakness & pain in hands still bad."

keytalk (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Im on year 12! Large weight gain. Horrid bone pain...especially bottom long bones in legs and right arm. Neuropathy. Weak hands as far as gripping. Getting up and moving after sitting awhile is not fun. Headaches. Walk the floors at night, because being up ON my legs, makes the pain a little better. I was stage 3c, ER+, scared too death to come off it. I'm 45 and want to stick around, but wish I didn't feel so crappy."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I have been using Arimidex for approx. 6 months. I have had some side effects, mostly hot flashes, and some insomnia. The hot flashes have gotten better, and the insomnia I just switched the time of day in which I took the medication."

Beatlebear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I have been taking arimidex for 2 months. Within the first two weeks my osteoarthritis has deteriorated from tolerable to barely able to walk. I can not stand for long periods. My knees get stiff each time I sit. I have received a series if Ortho visc injections and am hoping for a miracle. I must keep working for insurance coverage. I have vision changes, chest and muscle pain,also. I have added fosamax due to the risk of calcium loss since I was diagnosed with osteopenia at the same time as stage 1 breast cancer. I am expertiencing more fatigue with arimidex than after radiation. I am not sure if I can tough this out for five years!"

Nijimon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Minimal problems. Been on for 1 year now. Joint stiffness in legs and weight gain. Had some trouble early in treatment with trouble sleeping. Gone now."

SKIDWAY March 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Sweating stomach upsets joint back hip pain and leg pain weight gain sleeping problems headache"

Pinkflowersc (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I only took Arimidex for 1 month, after having a mastectomy. During that month I experienced severe joint pain, nausea, headaches, shortness of breath, and finally, a severe asthma attack which convinced me that I needed to stop this drug. Almost immediately, all side effects disappeared. Now, eight months after stopping Arimidex, and taking nothing else, I have quite severe Rheumatoid arthritis. I was previously fit and active. I am 70 years old. I would rather take my chances with the cancer returning than take this drug again."

Angry Nana September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I have been on Arimidez for a little over 4 months. Other than a little bit of hot flashes I have had no side effects at all."

Kell Bell September 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "fine initially but within 2 weeks, severe ankle pain, insomnia, hot flashes and severe sweating. Thinning hair just after it just all grew back beautifully. Difficult eye prescription, moody, tingling nerve pain in right thigh, tired and now have a hiatal hernia. Lack of interest in sex, which has still not returned :( I just wonder what the long term effects could be. This med was one I loved to hate. But my cancer is gone and it has been 6 years that I am cancer free"

oma bama August 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Was taking it for 6 months. Side affects were bad headaches every bone joint ached and stiff. Moody depressed and memory was bad. Will be going on tamoxifen hope it's not as bad."

Hot mumma March 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Recurrence of HER2 cancer. Hip and hand problems. Horrible insomnia and memory issued. But does help hold the cancer back."

SusanMorris64 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "Taking this after care of breast cancer! Hasn't caused any problems at all and almost done taking it! Evidently it's great in the help of my breast cancer."

Sugarbee333333 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I've been on Arimidex for 10 weeks. Although I had arthritis prior to taking Arimidex, my joint discomfort has increased substantially and now I find that my joints (especially my hands and hips) are swollen and always painful. My fingernails have thinned and continually split and tear off, often below the quick (ouch!). I'm also disheartened to notice that my eyebrows and eyelashes, which had just grown back after my last chemo session, have started to either break or fall out again. Bone and muscle pain are always with me now."

WV lady April 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I took Arimidex for 5 years and only recently stopped. I had quite a few side effects, however, the joint pain and stiffness was the hardest. I heard about something called Ubiquinol, which is apparently something that is naturally produced in your body, but slows down quite a bit as you age. I've been taking it daily now for a few months and I have to say, the stiffness and joint pain has mostly subsided. I say mostly because I forget to take it some days. I'm trying to get better about taking it daily with a multivitamin. It's kind of expensive but it's way cheaper and better than any of the medicine alternatives I was offered by my doctors. I don't like taking medicine for every little thing. Plus there's a hundred side effects to worry about."

Frenchgirl52 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I took it for 5 yrs. and 2 months. I cannot say if the changes were from chemo or from Arimidex. Changes in taste and smell persist. Frontal headache, blurred vision, cough, calcium loss - osteopenia. Stiff joints, long bone pain, sciatica pain of right leg, fatigue, wicked insomnia, hot flushes & flashes. Neuropathy in hands and feet, specially balls of feet and very sensitive tips of toes. Very dry skin, aged face, hair is very thin and breaking easily. Never got back full eyebrows, very SAD! I loved my eyebrows."

Lealmck (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer "I've been on Arimidex for 4 years. Side effects are insomnia, joint pain, painful sex or no interest in sex, forgetfulness, anxiety and depression. One year to go and hopefully I will not have to take it. Maybe still on it because of a family history of breast cancer."

Jacklink (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2013