User Reviews for Ibrance to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

Ibrance Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Ibrance

Montana · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

“I have hormones receptor positive and HER2 gene negative stage 4 breast cancer and started ibrance February 2020. So far, I really like how it is working for me. When I first started my WBC dropped very low but then my oncologist switched me to the lower dose and my WBC does a lot better. At my last appointment in June 2020 my cancer markers have dropped a lot since February and my breast cancer has even shrunk quit a bit. I am very happy with this medication. I also take fulvestrant once a month.”

One in a million · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

“Diagnosed Stage 4 breast cancer invasive ductal hormone receptor positive HER2 negative metastatic to bone in 2016. After mastectomy/ lymphodectomy was treated with radiation and hormone treatment. Tamoxifen, letrozole had side effects did very well on anastrazole until scan in spring 2019 suggested more cancer in lymphatic system. Started Ibrance 21 day on 7 off and fulvestrant monthly. No obvious cancer after 6 months and now a year!! No cancer!!! Some side effects but definitely mild.”

Dottir · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“My mother got two injections and one capsule on the neglected line of informed consent. She felt nauseous, light headed, lost hair and above all her leg function was hampered. After a "clean" MRI scan without metastasis, ok red blood cell levels and white blood cell levels she got scanned after one month with severe pressure in her spine and dysfunctional legs and had bone cancer, severely declined red and white blood cells and ruptures in her liver. Not saying it was this "medicine" because I don't know. She lived 6 months...I can be angry but that doesn't bring her back.”

Chloe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

“I am finishing up my 8th round of Ibrance this week for breast cancer. So far, I'm progression free. I've had very few side effects and feel pretty good. Happy to have had this option.”

KDESI · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 14, 2020

“I began taking Ibrance, Faslodex and Zometa in Febraury 2019. Since then I have had three CT Scans. The CT Scans have shown marked reduction. I have had few side effects if any. This drug was designed to give cancer patients like me more time. I am privately insured. The Pfizer program pays for my out of pocket cost each month.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

“Powerful.”

Carol Sue November 28, 2019

“I am dying. Ibrance worked for about 12 months. All my good blood cells have died and left my immune system defenceless. I wanted to live longer. In the end this harsh drug has rendered me defenceless.”

KT · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

“My Mom has stage 3 BC in April 2015. She has surgery followed by rounds of chemo and radiation therapy. She was put on harmone tablets and in Nov 2018 we learnt that it came to lungs after she had persistence cough. She had biopsy and then had 12 rounds of paclitaxel and then in PET Scan their was great recovery. After then doctor put her on Ibrance with Fulvestrant with too many side effects and after three months it became worse with new lesions in liver and bones. Now she is on oral chemo and just praying. This Ibrance does not Works seems !”

kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2019

“On Ibrance overall, sick feelings, loss appetite. Twenty eight days on then seven days off. Horrible did not help lesions, I had horrible hot flashes, list endless. ”

Kdesi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

“I was diagnosed with mac Feb 13,2019. I began Ibrance a few weeks later. My CAT scan in early May showed the tumors had shrunk by 1/2!”

Bay · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

“Found out I had metastasized breast cancer in September 2018. Started my Ibrance treatment along with tamoxifen October 2018. I had a tumor in my right breast 2cm. With the cancer spreading to my Right (armpit four small tumor ) and a pea size tumor in my throat area. I just had my PET scan this month April 2019. The tumor in my right breast is almost gone. I only have one area under my armpit showing signs of cancer not four. And the one that is in my throat is only half the size it was before. The medication is working!!!!! Praise god. When I first started taking it food tasted weird but now everything is fine. You may be a little tired but you will get energy eventually stay busy stay focus. Please stay positive ”

Keri March 9, 2019

“I went on it for one cycle with letrozole. Immediately I felt so awful like I had been poisoned. All my lab work became really horrible. I was so weak and sick I could barely move. I had to skip many doses because I was so sick. And then found out the cancer progressed crazy fast in the less than three weeks on it. It took me many months to recover. I feel like I have PTSD from being on that drug. And with the side effects being so horrendous I stopped the letrozole during the first week because the hormonal side effects on top of the toxic poisoned feelings on Ibrance weren't helping things at all. So far I've done about a dozen metastatic breast cancer treatments since diagnosis in 2011, and that was the scariest and most dangerous treatment ever. We need some real treatments that aren't destroying people. My mom's friend died during her first cycle of Ibrance from organ failure. They're still trying to figure out what happened.”

Ht2ma2 February 17, 2019

“I was originally diagnosed in the fall of 2003 with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast cancer (hormone receptive) that was also evident in my liver. My new "Doc" prescribed chemo & radiation after which I was prescribed Arimidex which lasted for 11 years (I elected to not have surgery to remove the culprit breast). Then, a small suspicious lesion appeared on said breast that, when biopsied, was diagnosed as positive non hormone receptive & my Doc recommended removal. Shortly after surgery, my Doc retired. Results were not good afterwards but, after finding a new Doc quite some time later, he prescribed Exemestane &, later, Ibrance. Over a year after adding Ibrance, I feel great with minimal side affects & good numbers. Just wish I could qualify for financial assistance (self employed & all assistance I've found so far only considers gross income, not net, :-( , totally not fair).”

Thankful · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2018

“I was Diagnosed 9/2017 Stage 4 Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma E+/P+ HER2- (spread to my adrenal glands, lymph nodes and Bones:spine, tailbone, sciatica, sacrum, ankles, wrists, & neck) Did 10 rounds radiation and lots of Chemo. Radiation made my port go septic and gave me radiation pneumonitis putting me in the hospital for 17 days...I thought this was it, I was going down. The Chemo is really hard to go through. All us warriors know that. Tons of effects. Then I went on IBRANCE...Had to adjust my dosage from 125mg to 100mg because of going neutropenia. The 100mg seems to be working. I am so thankful! I had PET SCANS before treatment and just did another after a year and one month of Radiation, Chemo, and now Ibrance taken with letrozole I am in Remission!”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

“The wife is battling from Stage 4 Metastic Breast cancer. Doc put her on Ibrance and Faslodex after chemo was no longer effective August of 2017. It made things worse so that by September she was bed ridden and she passed away 11/29/17. Now I have read articles that this miracle drug from Pfizer was no more effective than a placebo after a year on the market. Shame on you Pfizer for putting a drug out there under false pretences and makes one wonder if your highly touted controlled testing was not factual to sell an over priced underperforming drug.”

Dolly · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2018

“I was diagnosed in 1991 with Inflammatory Beast Cancer with the tumor the size of a grapefruit. Chemo, Radiation, Chemo; told I would soon die. Miraculously survived. 26 years later I was diagnosed with 13 breast cancer tumors in spine, uterus, chest, by skull. Radiation, Ibrance. 2 months ago my PET scan showed all 13 have disappeared. No side effects (that I know of) from Ibrance except for an awful taste in my mouth. Just awful. Thankful to be alive but wish I could taste just one thing normally again. I'm frustrated. Only thing that tastes "not bad" is ice cream.”

Teresa · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2018

“Diagnosed breast cancer 1/28/16 metastatic, spine and ilia crest, 3/14/16. Started Ibrance/Letrozole in April. After 24 cycles I am NEAD and original tumor is not showing on PET scans. Recently talked to a woman that was starting cycle 37 so I am extremely optimistic for the future. Side effects are manageable. Wish everyone was this lucky.”

Vimacolola55 February 10, 2018

“My oncologist says it is working. How can that be as I have now 3 new masses In the chest?!!! Next Tuesday I will have a biopsy of these 3 new masses.”

Socalcargal · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2018

“I have been on Ibrance for a few years now, with Fasoldex and Zometa with good results. But I have started taking money from my Roth IRA, and now can't afford the $780 monthly co-pay. I'm also on Medicare (with supplemental insurance) so I can't use the coupons. So it is saving my life, but I can't afford it now. So wrong....”

Mihir Ranjan · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2017

“My wife aged 63 in June 2017 used one 100mg phial. No effect , platelets Hg falls horribly. Ultimately she expired on 18 th July. This was used with Fulvestrand injection.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2017

“Diagnosed MBC February 2014! In breast and sacrum. Started femara only, no progression till October 2015! Spread to two ribs and spine. Started ibrance with femara and scans got better and better until 2 months ago, scan showed no hot spots!! As far as I'm concerned, in remission!!! Side effects, hair loss, no taste, tired all the time, severe hot flashes, shortness of breath, joint pain, but I can live will it all!! Thank you pfizer and everyone involved in the studies who lived and died so I may live longer!”

lostandalone17 July 29, 2017

“My mother was given this medication by her oncologist. She had been fine until this medication caused her to lose her appetite. She declined so rapidly that she soon passed. The cancer had not had time spread that rapidly. She was 81, she had metastatic breast cancer in the bones. Her Doctor refused to take off the medication until she insisted and she was on tamoxifen for a week. I don't believe she should have ever been put on this medication but her doctor is money hungry. The cancer did not kill my mother negligence did.”

Kimba the Lion July 6, 2017

“I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer in 2010. Then Stage 4 in December 2015. Mets to spine, T-1 at first then & L-1 recently. Taking Ibrance, Faslodex & Xgeva. Overall feeling pretty good & side effects are not bad. PET scans are good & blood work is good as well. Feeling lucky so far but the unknown is very scary! Pzifer has a 10.00 copay plan on their website for anyone taking this drug.”

Ray68 June 21, 2017

“My mom had breast cancer which had spread to her bones, chest lymph nodes, lung, and liver (7x6cm), and we tried every drug in the market for the last year. Nothing worked for us, and the tumor kept growing out of control. We were so desperate for any slim of hope until she started Ibrance with Fulvestrant. Her first blood draw after being on the medication for two weeks showed that her neutrophils counts were to low so she stopped for 2 weeks. She restated at a lower dose and had a CT scan (because she has new symptoms so her Doctor ordered a scan). The results were extremely promising as there's been no new development and all tumors were shrunk by at least 50%. I am hoping it will continue to work for her.”

15 yrs later · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2017

“I had stage 2 breast cancer in 2002. In 2009 found Mets to spine at T12 vertebrae and has moved to lumbar spine and right hip. Was on zometta, letrozole and am now taking Ibrance and xgeva and fasoldex injections monthly for past year. My last scan showed areas of Mets are smaller, my doctor doesn't think I need any further scans unless I develop other symptoms related to organ mets. I have never had a low white count, however, I have most other side effects. Mouth sores in the beginning, poor appetite, taste and smell issues. Also toe problems it started with last 3 toes both feet tingling and now have neuropathy pretty bad to both feet and now hands. I don't feel great, but I am able to enjoy life and grateful to still be here. I will take any drug to stay alive!”

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Metastatic