User Reviews for Xeloda

Learn more about Xeloda.

Xeloda Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Colorectal Cancer.

Reviews for Xeloda to treat Colorectal Cancer

"I am in my 2nd month of taking xeloda after going through 36 rounds of chemotherapy since 2013. My intake of xeloda is 3 pills every twelve hours for 7 days and off 7 days. The side effect I am experiencing is the discoloration of the inside of my hands and the bottom of my feet, they also tingle and are painful at times. I am often tired and have also had pain in my shoulder and chest. I don't know if this medicine will keep the cancer from coming back, but I'd rather deal with these side effects than the chemo."

Rozeya (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Found out I had colon cancer and thought that was the end of me. Xeloda was very easy to take, twice daily for two weeks. One week off with testing. A small amount of tenderness in the mouth was the only problem, and that was minor. Only noticed it when I decided to try one of my diet favorites which is hot sauce."

Jim (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Xeloda since October 2011 and haven't had any of the side effects listed. I have been able to maintain my appetite and haven't lost my hair. Actually, my hair has thinned just a little, gained a little bit more body and is getting lighter. This has been a very positive experience as far as chemo goes. I definitely will do Xeloda again (If I have to). There is a questionable mass on my lung...surgeon says cancer....oncologist no sure...and it is shrinking. I'm unsure if it is related to the combination medication I was on or Xeloda. I will hopefully determine that with this cycle of Xeloda on its own. "

Anonymous February 4, 2012

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My father was diagnosed with stage four colo-rectal cancer one year ago. I'm thankful for Xeloda it has worked in shrinking the tumor on his colon, he has not lost hair, does not vomit or have constant diarrhea, is eating well and can still taste flavors of the food he eats, I thank the God for this. But he does have other symptoms like pain and peeling on his hands and feet, blackness on his hands and bottom of his feet. I do notice he has chills, feels week and disoriented at times, body aches and his hearing is not as good as it was before."

vange November 18, 2011

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug saved my life. It eradicated my tumor and made it possible for me to have a much less extensive surgery than anticipated. I had very few side effects and the ones I did have were easily managed with medicine."

Oose October 25, 2008

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had little to no side effects. It elimanated one tumor and slowed the grouth of the other."

Anonymous March 27, 2008