Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 23, 2022.
The recommended dose of AROMASIN in early and advanced breast cancer is one 25 mg tablet once daily after a meal.
- adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive early breast cancer who have received two to three years of tamoxifen and are switched to AROMASIN for completion of a total of five consecutive years of adjuvant hormonal therapy.
- the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed following tamoxifen therapy.
Concomitant use of strong CYP 3A4 inducers decreases exemestane exposure, For patients receiving AROMASIN with a strong CYP 3A4 inducer such as rifampicin or phenytoin, the recommended dose of AROMASIN is 50 mg once daily after a meal [see Drug Interactions (7) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Frequently asked questions
- How do you relieve joint pain associated with tamoxifen or Aromasin?
- Which is better - Aromasin or Femara?
- Aromasin vs Femara - how do they compare?
- How long do you need to take Aromasin?
- Should you take Aromasin with food?
More about Aromasin (exemestane)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (23)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Drug class: aromatase inhibitors
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.